[TAIWAN DRAMA 2010] 泡沫之夏 PAO MO ZHI XIA/ SUMMER'S BUBBLE

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest Dorkiilove

Finished ep.12...

Typical guy, after conquest his woman in bed does the guy feel a need to leave her.

I know there is more to this complex love betwn Ou Chen and Xia Mo, but isn't it obvious how shallow a guy can get even if people think he's almighty like Ou Chen.

I can't stop laughing, that bed scene betwn Peter and Barbie was awkward. All the face rubbing cracked me up.

I disagree.

Even before that, Ou Chen felt a need to "free her", and give her a right to choose. He handed the divorce papers to her brother, and even after that ( right before the bed scene), Ou Chen told her that she didn't have to do this. He didn't want her to feel like she was forced to do it, but rather because she wanted to do it.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest piggielaine

I disagree.

Even before that, Ou Chen felt a need to "free her", and give her a right to choose. He handed the divorce papers to her brother, and even after that ( right before the bed scene), Ou Chen told her that she didn't have to do this. He didn't want her to feel like she was forced to do it, but rather because she wanted to do it.

Yea, I have to agree that Ou Chen is a good guy, he was just waiting for assurance from Xia Mo that her feelings are real.

The bed scene was not too bad - but yeah I think Peter rushes his kisses unlike Xiao-Ming who is more professional.

Maybe it's because Peter has a secret crush on Dai S, so he might be too shy/excited (random articles on the net seem to suggest he likes her from years ago). :D

Some pics they did for a photo shoot - not sure if anyone posted this.

Da S and Peter Ho’s dream wedding pictures

http://www.88news.net/2010/01/16/da-s-and-peter-ho%E2%80%99s-dream-wedding-pictures/

4278523576_f3046f613d.jpg

4277777069_1e1417a241.jpg

4277777047_b0984ebee3.jpg

Guest wls2948

I felt that Ou Chen's kisses was rushed because this is the FIRST TIME he is kissing her ever since loving her when he was 14 years old. All those years of loving his precious girl and finally to be kissing her, can't blame the poor guy for rushing things a bit, can ya?

Guest rice_baby

http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/summerdesire#

collagesj.jpg

can you watch this series with english subtitles

Thanks for the link!

Guest coco fong

Currently watching this series. LOVE every moment of it.

It got excellent casts, good storyline and some very nice songs and beautiful scenes especially the ending.

It is different from other Taiwan series which is too 'Long winded'. I alway stop mid way. But for Summer Desire, I will surely complete the show.

The problems with the show are :

1) Too short and brief . It was cut from 26 ep to 14 ep. The LOVE development between Ou Chen and Xia Mo are not shown. Some scenes are not explained. As I haven't read the novel, I am a little lost sometime. I am going to get the novel.

2) Too poor ratings. It deserved a better ratings. The cause may be because of the leakage of the uncutted version before airing.

3) Too much flashback of the same scenes.

Peter Ho has done an excellent job as Ou Chen. Can feel his STRONG LOVE for Xia Mo. Any woman would have died for such man. Just hope that he will take up such roles more often. I don't really like his prev shows as mostly have very very SAD ending (Wind and Cloud, Phantom lover etc).

But I am now his diehard fan. He can act and sing. I have bought this DVD and intend to get his CD to show my support.

Awwwwwwww! I feel like the only person in the world that still had hope for Luo Xi and Xia Mo to end up together in the end =(

Even though this story was based off a manga, I avoided it to stop myself from reading spoilers lol =P but now I'm super sad about the ending!!

I thought it'd be a story about her finding a new love and all that jazz... and I felt that Luo Xi had a more tragic story that deserved another person by his side T___T sigh* oh wells...

It's still a really great story though ^^'' It was constantly moving and never got boring! I think 14 eps is just enough because any more and I would've thought it was too slow or draggy haha =P so I don't mind it. I just didn't like how Ou Chen never smiled much while Luo Xi always felt like he was faking his feelings sigh* but I guess that's part of their character and it can't be helped.

WAHhhhhhhhh! Just super upset about the ending couple and I know everyone else was rooting for Ou Chen so I'll shut up =X lol Still a great watch though so I recommend it to everyone ^^'' I'm just a weirdo that liked the wrong guy T_T

Guest summers83

I just managed to finish downloading the last two episodes from Gogobox. Downloading has been slow. I love the ending. It doesn't seemed that rushed but I was crying at the part seeing how much Ou Chen has done for Xia Mo secretly all because he loved her so much. I can't believe if there is anyone like a guy like Ou Chen existing in this world who can sacrifice so much for her. If I were Xia Mo I will be super touched and really fall in love with him too...I prefer him to Luo Xi for sure...I'm glad that the ending is happy too. Makes me so tempted to read the manga...

i've finished the series and love it! such a shame that it was cut from 26 eps to 14, i felt it was rushed too, especially in the last ep. i hardly watch TW series and never liked their stars but Peter Ho has won me over! *squeals* he's got cute eyes and has strong screen presence! hope he keeps up the good work and another hope, to see this series get the attention it deserves outside TW!

Guest Kristen_s

Awwwwwwww! I feel like the only person in the world that still had hope for Luo Xi and Xia Mo to end up together in the end =(

Even though this story was based off a manga, I avoided it to stop myself from reading spoilers lol =P but now I'm super sad about the ending!!

I thought it'd be a story about her finding a new love and all that jazz... and I felt that Luo Xi had a more tragic story that deserved another person by his side T___T sigh* oh wells...

It's still a really great story though ^^'' It was constantly moving and never got boring! I think 14 eps is just enough because any more and I would've thought it was too slow or draggy haha =P so I don't mind it. I just didn't like how Ou Chen never smiled much while Luo Xi always felt like he was faking his feelings sigh* but I guess that's part of their character and it can't be helped.

WAHhhhhhhhh! Just super upset about the ending couple and I know everyone else was rooting for Ou Chen so I'll shut up =X lol Still a great watch though so I recommend it to everyone ^^'' I'm just a weirdo that liked the wrong guy T_T

I've just finished this drama and I agree with u : I wanted Xia Mo ending with Luo Xi so badly !!! I never get bored while watching this drama, but I was waiting for some different developments with Luo Xi. I'm so fond of him :wub: I prefer the chemistry between him & Xia Mo. Besides, he's always so hot in different styles of clothes.

Still, it remains a supra good drama !! So don't hesitate to watch it ! U won't be disappointed !

• 3 weeks later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Summer's Desire: a Great Way to End the Summer

If you like love triangles where both male contenders are super handsome and super rich, Summer’s Desire is the right drama for you. The last episode officially aired on September 5th giving the audience a final answer to who the main actress chose. Throughout its airing time, Summer’s Desire did not break through any TV ratings, nor did it attract many attention. However, those who are avid fans have stuck with the drama to its very end.

After being forced out of the country by Ou Chen (Peter Ho), the stubborn and overbearing boyfriend of Yin Xia Mo (Barbie Xu), Luo Xi (Huang Xiao Ming) comes back five years later with a vengeance. As he meets Xia Mo through a talent agency, he falls in love with her again. At the same time, Ou Chen, who lost his memory the same day Luo Xi was forced to leave, finds Xia Mo and decides to pursue her. Once again, the fate of these three are intertwined together, bring misery to all of them.

Based on the actual book series, the plot of Summer’s Desire is the classic love drama. From the beginning, the show’s appeal did not come from the youthfulness of idols, but rather from the skills of seasoned actors. Portraying tension, love, romance and many other emotions, all three actors did a great job in pulling the audience in. Furthermore, Xia Mo is not a typical heroine, both naïve and cute. In fact, she’s the opposite: beautiful and intelligent. She doesn’t necessarily manipulate people, but she definitely hold tremendous influence on people, especially Ou Chen.

The drama progresses at a nice pace, without any excessive scenes. The set, clothes and lighting effects are done wonderfully, showcasing the director’s eye for details. Though not everyone might like it, Summer’s Desire captures those hearts that ache for true love. A great story with a great cast, Summer’s Desire is worth the time.

by chance got my hands on the photobook, n at less than half the price listed in yesasia :w00t:

looking at the pics makes me wanna rewatch it...

best drama this year....for me, at least hehe...n i usually don't even bother watching taiwanese drama...

uh...topped a page...here's sth, a very nice fanmade MV

Summer's Desire MV ~ I Don't Feel The Same

blush.gif

Archived