[taiwan Drama 2009] 福氣又安康 / Fu Qi You An Kang / Easy Fortune Happ

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest aaaaaallaaoeaa

I'd definitely recommend this drama! Although not one of QE's best, I still think its worth watching. I prefer QE and RQ together over QE and BL though.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest keiryu40

The thing is Taiwanese dramas suck. The Taiwanese film industry makes a lot of drama series for people to watch, but too bad they all had $hitty story telling.

The thing is Taiwanese dramas suck. The Taiwanese film industry makes a lot of drama series for people to watch, but too bad they all had $hitty story telling.

^Now now...I think that's a little to harsh and untrue to an extent. There's a difference between films and dramas...Taiwan's actually produced some really good films, but they don't get as much press as dramas since series are much more marketable (overseas especially). Ang Lee's earlier Taiwan films are critically acclaimed, so please don't generalize. As for dramas, there are good and there are bad, but that's applicable for all countries. It's completely subjective as well....You can't compare Taiwan's film/series industry to the US. And please remember that the thread is to discuss the drama and not to criticize. :) But I digress....

Anyways, episode 15....I haven't watched it myself, but it seems it was another filler. Not much happening unless you're curious about Dong Jie and Zhen Zhen's own stories. I'm going to wait until after episode 16 airs before I watch....I'm DYING to see what happens at the press conference. I'm adamant that Da Feng's going to unveil his big plan during the conference with the media and all. There's no way he's over Fu An....NO WAY! And my guess it, Fu An's probably going to somehow end up at the press conference too.

-Shirley

I find this drama is better than overrated Fated to love you. The actor Roy Qiu is good and the lead actors have chemistry.

Exactly. I just love Blu & Joe's chemistry. They're so cute together. It also helps that they're both good actors - the same goes to Roy. This drama has an awesome script too. It's funny and sweet at the same time. Hopefully, the ending won't disappoint us since the drama is going on pretty well right now - not too slow, not too fast.

It's totally underrated though. EFHP is definitely the best drama so far.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

^^ I have to disagree. FTYL isn't the perfect drama, but I do think it is a bit better than EFHL. I haven't seen Blue act before except for some movie, but his acting honestly didn't impress me that much. It's that scrunch up angry face that he does that bothers me. It's an expression, not an emotion. The plot is very mediocre. There is no proper distinction of the transition from Da Feng falling into with Fu An. The nice thing he does for Fu An seems not out of love either, like making the car for Pi Dan. Lastly, his character stinks. His attitude is rude from the beginning and is still rude now. Like the episode when he wants to talk to Fu An for Dong Jie's place. He wasn't that guilty and didn't try to fight for Fu An back. It's like he wants her to listen to him and just take control of her. So selfish, Da Feng character is written very poorly, which for me, makes this drama go down the drain. Qiao En is always up to par in her acting, and this isn't an exception. Their chemistry isn't terrible, but also has not make me squeal yet.

^^ I have to disagree. FTYL isn't the perfect drama, but I do think it is a bit better than EFHL. I haven't seen Blue act before except for some movie, but his acting honestly didn't impress me that much. It's that scrunch up angry face that he does that bothers me. It's an expression, not an emotion. The plot is very mediocre. There is no proper distinction of the transition from Da Feng falling into with Fu An. The nice thing he does for Fu An seems not out of love either, like making the car for Pi Dan. Lastly, his character stinks. His attitude is rude from the beginning and is still rude now. Like the episode when he wants to talk to Fu An for Dong Jie's place. He wasn't that guilty and didn't try to fight for Fu An back. It's like he wants her to listen to him and just take control of her. So selfish, Da Feng character is written very poorly, which for me, makes this drama go down the drain. Qiao En is always up to par in her acting, and this isn't an exception. Their chemistry isn't terrible, but also has not make me squeal yet.

I wouldn't say that Blue's acting is bad. The part where he and Joe(Fu An) talked about the scam that was planned in the beginning and how he fell for her. I thought that was pretty good. Especially that part where Fu An told him to think about the 800 million and that it is his main motive and his tears spilled. That was really heartbreaking. I really felt his love for Fu An at that time. He is utterly heartbroken by what Fu An told him because he thought that their love was strong enough to even withstand this. Even though he is still rude, you can see that he has changed quite a bit thru the progress of the show. It isn't easy to change a person's behaviour within such a short time. And from what I know, Fu An and Da Feng knew each other for only a couple of months.

Hmmmm... I would say that FTLY has a more close-to-reality plot, thus it attracted alot of viewers. But in terms of acting, Ethan Ruan's acting isn't really all that good yet. In my opinion, Baron Chen, the 2nd male lead of FTLY, acted way much better than Ethan in the show. Joe Chen's acting is also always up to standard which also helped Ethan out alot in the show. Blue and Roy Qiu's acting are considerably better than Ethan's even though I feel more chemistry between Joe and Roy. But of course, this is just my personal opinion.:)

^Well said :)

I think it would be far more unbelievable if Da Feng did a 180 and was all of a sudden, a Prince to EVERYONE. I'd go 'HUH?!' The basic premise of the drama is the 'fight' between Fu An's Angel and Da Feng's Satan, and how the former's powers is so much more powerful than the latter. I'm being really general, but you get the idea.

The break-up scene/confrontation scene WAS heart-wrenching because you could see how in love he is. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but remember when Da Feng was about to 'die' and his subconscious (in the form of Grandpa) told him Satan doesn't have tears? Da Feng shed tears during that break-up scene, so he really isn't that Satanic monster anymore. Fu An's turned him....human? And frankly, I think there are more people in this world that are like Da Feng than we realize....

By the way, EFHL is supposed to conclude with 17 episodes and Van Ness and Ady An's new drama will take over on October 4th.

Guest myname_boa_betheone

Yeah why don't you go somewhere else to worship your Korean drama huh?

First you dish Jdorama than come to this treat to rant about Taiwanese drama.

Can I say immature much? lol

I'm new to this thread, but I've been following this drama for a long time now~

*MINI SPOILERS TO COME*

I must say, when I first started, it was EXTREMELY good and I was ready to place it in my "top 5 taiwanese dramas of all time". But as soon as watched that episode with Da Feng tied up in a chair and Fu An threatening him with a caterpillar to marry him, the reserved spot on my list for this drama was immediately taken away. I mean, it was just so wtf-like. And from then on, the episodes deteriorated and I've almost completely lost interest.

The zhen zhen thing feel so draggy and the Da Feng changes too much too fast. Also, the whole 'arc' where he had the fake disease was crappy and pointless and it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that the grandpa had devised the whole thing.

I used to like yan yang but his acting is only so-so and his character is not all that interesting. And what's the whole relationship with him and zhen zhen? Oh is it just me, or does zhen zhen often sound like she's being dubbed? Like dubbed with her own voice....it's oddly clear compared to other voices >.<

Overall, I'm extremely disappointed at how it's turned out and I think the drama had so much potential to be much much better. The script-writing really needs to be worked on >.< I don't even like dong jie anymore

I was a huge fan of da feng before, now he's down in my 'lame character's' list. Suprisingly, my favourite character now is the aunty. She's very cute and I like how she's caring more and more for the grandpa.

I have to say, the only part of the episode I look forward to anymore is the "behind the scenes". Blue is so funny when he plays around with Pi Dan ^^

Well that was my rant >.< Of course, I love Blue and Qiao En. I just think that the drama is very disappointing, even though the initial episodes were absolutely love.

xx.jenn

p.s. I love Na Dou's character here! He's such a funny man ^^

Guest Feasible

Jenniferoc, I think this is a TW drama disease. Many start off very strong, then go downhill. What you have described doesn't surprise me anymore. FTLY was like that. Before that, Boys Before Flowers was equally disappointing. In FTLY, the series rapidly descended after ep. 12, and by the last episode, I was so glad it ended. I couldn't believe that with such a great start, the writer/producer/director couldn't lift if back up even a little again. If I had known, I would have abandoned it after episode 16 or 18, and wouldn't bother with the ending. The ending was that bad. In BBF, after the 10th episode, I lost interest. Instead of following it week after week, I picked it up only after the final episode was aired.

So what am I going to do about Easy Fortune? Watch until I smell the stink, then jump to the last episode. I haven't started watching yet, thank goodness.

I'm like totally in love w/ this drama!!

Can't wait till the last ep on sunday!! :D

Blue is really good in here...but does anyone else think that they have like 4 outfits for him...like through out the whole drama?

Why doesn't he change more often? It seems like he only has one suit....they just put diff. shirts and vests, etc. and match it to make it look diff...

You know, i never thought Roy qiu was that good looking until i watched this series. Even when he first came out with the weird mustasche thingy, i was like Ummm he's okay, and then he shaved it off and the scene where he helps Fu An apply ointment on her foot---his smiled melted me.

I'm still rooting for FA and DJ even though i know it's not going to happen, hahaha

I like this series, but i do think that after episode 10, it started going downhill a bit for me.

but yeah, this series definitely made me add Roy Qiu to my list of taiwanese drama hotties. His character of DJ is so...makes me melt.

Guest garnet07

I think I have decided that Qiao En is my favorite Taiwanese actress. Her crying scenes never fail to make me tear up, just like FTP, YY3J1, and FTLY.

Blue is interesting. I first saw him in LOVE, the movie, and was like wow this guy looks like a mix of Daniel Henney, Kaname Jun and Kaneshiro Takeshi.

and I have heard lots of great thing about Roy Qiu, but this is my first time seeing him on screen. His character especially the haircut reminds me of Mike He's in DBY.

So far, I got nothing negative to say about this drama. But I found that with Taiwanese drama, the beginning is always really addictive, then they always manage to ruin it by dragging it. Hoping it doesn't happen to this drama.

oh yeah.. the little chubby brother is so adorable and so is the dog.

I've never seen Roy Qiu before this drama, so when I first saw him ... I'm like oh it's Mike He!! But oops when I checked Dramawiki, he's actually not. The hair, rugged coolness and personality reminds me so much of Mike He though. Haha I'm totally spazzing over Mike He or Roy Qiu for this drama.

As for my favorite Taiwanese actresses, it would either have to be Chen Qiao En or Rainie Yang. Then again, TW dramas aren't really my favorites, but from what I've seen, these 2 actresses stand out the most. They both get into their character roles so well and make their acting feel like they're not really acting. They're both also naturally funny.

Is Blue Lan half? You guys are comparing him to Daniel Henney and Kaneshiro Takeshi so yah just wondering. I'm loving the character dynamics so far. I've never seen Blue Lan act before so I can't say much but he's doing an ok job so far. Kind of stiff, but hopefully he'll improve in the next episodes (I just finished ep3 waiting for subs). Roy Qiu is so COOOL. Haha commit seppuku :lol: if he can't repay the favor.

• 2 months later...

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS DRAMA! <3 i just finished watching it and im missing it already!

i love qiao en's acting in this one. ive seen her a little bit in ftly and since i didnt watch the whole show,

i didnt know she was sucha good actor! she cries like no tomorroww :o:O:O:O but omg although i love

fu an with da feng, i have to say that han dong jie is the hottest guy ever ♥___♥ half the time, i was too

busy drooling over his hotness to concentrate on dafeng and fuan :P

Archived