Hana Yori Dango, Meteor Garden or Boys Before Flowers?

Guest ritahui

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

LOVE THE JAPANESE VERSION!!!

NOT DRAGGING!!!!

i watch all three of them...

but for the taiwanese i quit after seeing season 1 didnt continue to season 2...she was getting annoy...even the anime is better...and the manga...lol

for the korean i like it in all but i stop watching after JANDI and her family was getting threaten from his mom.

somehow i got bored.

hrmmm...the cast was good looking..i do admit...i was very into them...but when it comes to storyline and portraying the characters....and how will the story can be drawn out creatively....it wasn't there somehow...but it is better than the taiwanese version. ^-^

The cast, Boys Before Flowers definately wins, but acting is definately Hana Yori Dango.

I mean I love all three version, but the Tai was was boring. I think it was probably the worst version I saw. T__T

I love BOF and HYD. It's definately a tie in my case.

But I have to admit, if it wasn't for Ga Eul and Yi Jeong, I would've stopped watching longgg ago.

Guest myname_boa_betheone

The first part of BOF is really good but then it goes all the way downhill and the inconsistency in personality of the characters really ruin the show. So HYD.

Guest ritahui

I like F4 Japan than Korean version. F4 Japan character stronger than Korea. But F4 korea more handsome than another

Guest ninyaah

I was addicted to Meteor Garden, since it was the first one that I watched. It's still my favorite although I hated the sequel. But I think in terms of execution and plot, Hana Yori Dango is the best. I loved the cast, the way the story progressed; the fact that the sequel was better, in my opinion, I'm going to say the Japanese version is the best. The Korean version is good, it has a good-looking cast.. but the plot is really lacking. It could be better. I was anticipating it so much before, but it left me quite disappointed. I don't even bother watching the recent episodes.. which is weird.

Guest JoonDi

I don't watch Meteor Garden but I do watch Hana Yori Dango and Boys Over Flowers.

i think they both amazing.

i've chose BOF cause it's more hillarious and I love korean drama.

Min-Ho and Hye-Son are awesome

just like the others co-actresses and actrors.

Guest eggpie

For me the Japanese cast is the best even though the Korean F4 are more good looking. I prefer Hanadan, I feel the pairing of Jun and Mao has the best chemistry of all. I did watch Meteor Garden, not bad but the 2nd season is horrible, hate it, just a waste of my time watching it. I did start watching BOF but somehow just the first ep I got bored maybe it didn't feel the pull of the main character, it just turn me off not like Hanadan where I'm can't wait for the next ep to best out, love to see the interaction between makino and domyoji, how their love develop.

Goo Joon Pyo.

Hanazawa Rui <3333

Sojiro and Yijung are close.

but i just voted for yijung since i like kimbum more hahaha

Song WooBin (even though he gets like no lines :( ~)

Makino

Overall: HYD (but i accidentally pressed BBF) so yea

lol honestly both are great in their own ways.

however, HYD though it was greatly flawed, RUI! HAHAHA

my only reason for choosing HYD > BBF :P

actually also cuz the drama was short so the angst wasnt really there.

BBF... the overplaying of music may have killed it lol

but honestly i like both equally.

never finished Meteor Garden. i really tried to but couldnt get into it...

Ok for me it would be :

* Matsumoto Jun as Domyouji Tsukasa (I must say I hesitated a lot on this one... but still Jun is the best Domyouji for me... sorry Lee Min Ho but don't worry you're a close second...)

*Vic Zhou as Hua Ze Lei (or Hanazawa Rui ) (Shun Oguri was good but in my humble opinion a little too sophisticated for the role and Kim Hyun Joong should stick to music only... no overall Zaizai despite his inexperience played his role quite well.

*Kim Bum as So Yi Jung (or Nishikado Sojiro) (charming, mischievous, flirtatious smile = perfect Sojiro... Shota Matsuda was also good but his lack of screentime might have had a big influence on my final choice... so Kim Bum is my final choice.

*Kim Joon as Song Woo Bin (or Mimasaka Akira) (the best looking out of the 3/Abe Tsuyoshi and Vaness Wu were definitely not my cup of tea... the only thing that ticks me off with Kim Joon is his constant use of english words... the "let's go" or the "okay" sure are becoming old (at least for me)...

*Inoue Mao as Makino Tsukushi (cute, hard-working, she can stand for herself unlike the korean one...+ Mao and Jun = best pair ever)

Overall Hana Yori Dango is the best version for me... best acting, quite faithful to the manga, best OST etc...

my vote works out like this:

domyouji tsukasa-jun matsumoto, hanazawa rui-shun oguri, nishikido sojiro-matsudo shota, mei zuo-vanness wu, tsukushi-makino, and hana yori dango-japan

but all 3 arae good

Guest darae

i'm korean but i think the japanese version was the best.

i expected A LOT from the korean one but compared to the japanese one it was a disappointment

i loveed HYD. i watched that drama over and over again but BOF... i just put it on when i'm painting my nails or something

Guest immaperson

HYD is the best out of all of the three dramas. For HYD, i really liked the personalities displayed by the two main characters, even if i sometimes question the chemistry (that happened a lot in the beginning episodes). Also, i couldnt hate makino's family--you can tell they have good hearts. Finally, abe's side acting was not bad at all. Meteor Garden, while I thought the chemistry between the characters was great...I couldnt stand watching it and had to fast forward a lot of the parts. For BBF, the soundtrack is something i'll listen to, but the episodes drag so much. Plus, some of the acting is not as great either, but their looks arent bad. I actually prefer the side characters in BBF than in the other two dramas.

Guest fobbiyo

Jun. Oguri Shun. Kim Bum. Kim Joon. Maki. Japanese version.

Ok. Hot guys did not cut it for me in the Korean version. I like that version too, but the Japanese version has a better flow in terms of storyline. Sometimes the Korean version makes me go "Wtf?" and it keeps on running in many circles. One of the many reasons why I REALLY don't like the Taiwanese version. When I started the Japanese version, I didn't think it was that great, AT FIRST. I gotta admit, the characters kind of threw me off. I think HYD was my 2nd Japanese drama, that's why I wasn't really familiar with the faces. Anyway~ I think the Korean version was going to lag. I just knew it.

Right now, the Taiwanese version is totally out of the picture, ugh.

Overall: The Japanese version GOT TO THE POINT without missing the main main points of the whole thing. (and Makino's family was not annoying)

Guest zhuuzhuusoba

Personally, Hana Yori didn't cut it for me ==;; I barely finished the first season, and I couldn't bear watching the second.

I was actually against BOF at first, but now, it's okay - in fact, it was a lot better than I expected, tbh ^^;;

Guest gdfun

hmm..

I think Lee Min Ho is a good actor, but i like the taiwanese Dao Ming Si's character development. Goo Jun Pyo is a little inconsistent. Sometimes so hard inside, and sometimes so soft..

Shun Oguri definitely. Hyung Joong is a quite repetitive with his expressions. It's either the wide eye stare, or the sheepish smile.

Kim Bum is cute and Kim Joon is quite ok with his limited scenes.

Makino, is the best one, i think. She really portrays the character well. But i think character development for Tsukushi is also better. Geum Jan Di gets weaker and weaker by the series. Really helpless.

Drama-wise, I like HYD, pace is just right, and it's quite smooth watching. Having said so, I enjoy BOF because it's quite funny and entertaining. However, with BOF, funnily enough, i think there's just too much emphasis on Ji Hoo and Jandi, and i think with BOF, i would prefer if Jandi ends up with Ji Hoo. It's already almost the end of BOF and still there's not much treasured moments of Jandi and Jun Pyo...which is a pity.

endings of drama

simple party ideas

Guest emerald.GLADIS

• my votes are
    - Jun Matsumoto (although he`s short but his Tsukasa is REALLY attractive; Minho acts well but i think Jun is the way better)
    - Shun Oguri (i have to say Hyung Joong is the worst Rui =.=)
    - Matsuda Shota
    - Abe Tsuyoshi (if someone watch Hana Yori Dango movie, you may like Akira more : P)
    - Mao ( she's REAL Tsukushi; perfect Tsukushi, sometimes i don't like Jandi's expression, it's so korean, it makes me get bored)
    - Hana yori dango Japanese

BOF`s fine. Actors acts well. OSTs are good
    but the storyline is somewhat weird.
    Sometimes i think that the same thing between BOF and Hana Yori Dango manga is just they both have F4
    that's all
    BOF`s director seemed to change many things =.= especially is Rui-Yoo Ji Hoo, he's so far from manga's character

<sorry sorry for my bad English>

Guest darcyausten86

1. Lee Min Ho

2. It was so hard to choose, because Rui is my fave character, plus all three guys are hot. But I chose Shun Oguri.

3. Kim Bum

4. Kim Joon

5. Mao Inoue

6. Meteor Garden, because it was the first version I saw. BOF comes second and HYD comes in third.

Archived