Non-christian Korean Celebrities

Guest abloom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest njaejoong

i'm a muslim myself and i dont think they'd be any muslim korean celebs, cause like if there was one, like in islam isnt it not allowed to expose your body and stuff (well thats with practising muslims)

if there was one, i'm just happy for him/her =]

Guest kumoko

A few questions...

what is Agnosticism?

from what sources are you guys getting that Jae Joong converted from being an Athiest to a Christian(or Protestant)?

and how is Shi Won a hardcore christian? lol sorry, not much of a Suju fan so I don't know much, but im curious..!

Guest Qrizta

^ People call SiWon a hardcore christian bcos he's well-known for being a very religious person.

He's from a christian family n he's very devoted.

Guest starcaption

Hmm, Im surprised to see so many non-christian celebrities, because most of the Koreans I encounter where I live are Christian.

Anyways, not that is matters.. but I feel a bit bugged when I see comments like "Oh, I'm glad she/he's Christian (now)". It's like, you wish everyone you liked was "your religion" and that's a good thing. (Not that it is or isn't :x)

Guest sososorri

seriously can a MOD close this topic.

no one can answer the topic question.

i think its quite clear no one can think of any muslim celebs.

they are all either christian buddhist atheist or agnostic.

yeah .. that what i think too

this thead is better to be closed .

cause its turned to a me/your religion topic not a stars religion and u may dont intent it and without knowing you may hurt someone feelings

and i think

Islam is not spread like that big between korean ppl ... so that why there is not so many muslim Celebrities

correct me if am wrong

Guest gem2461

Choi Shi Won,is the most religious k-popper I know :lol:

He's Christian

This.

and how is Shi Won a hardcore christian? lol sorry, not much of a Suju fan so I don't know much, but im curious..!

He keeps on bugging other SJ members, talking about his religion and "deliberately" trying to convert them.

And that's just why I love him. :lol:

Guest chopstickss

Hmm, Im surprised to see so many non-christian celebrities, because most of the Koreans I encounter where I live are Christian.

Anyways, not that is matters.. but I feel a bit bugged when I see comments like "Oh, I'm glad she/he's Christian (now)". It's like, you wish everyone you liked was "your religion" and that's a good thing. (Not that it is or isn't :x)

People are obviously going to feel at least somewhat glad to see that celebrities (or anyone at all) have the same religious beliefs as themselves. You have no right to feel bugged by such.

Guest *lyrynne*

Mojority of koreans are christian, followed by catholic, then atheist....most of my korean friends are athiest but they're not that bad though...

gahh i didn't know that wooyoung's an atheist though~

Guest thenshexsays

Mojority of koreans are christian, followed by catholic, then atheist....most of my korean friends are athiest but they're not that bad though...

gahh i didn't know that wooyoung's an atheist though~

wow, "not that bad", huh? what glowing praise. aish.

anyways, I find this thread 50% interesting, 50% offensive. the topic is fine, but a lot of the responses are off-subject and I am seeing a lot of ignorant, false statements being thrown around about Christianity, Catholicism vs. Protestantism, Agnosticism, and Atheism. The religious prejudice is beginning to come out of the woodwork, and I can't see this thread ending in anything other than fruitless argument. (I am glad to see that there is a bit of variety of religion amongst Korean stars, though.)

Guest iisenaii

i think that it's only normal for people to be happy that their favorite celebs have the same beliefs as them.

i also think that people shouldn't be "disappointed" or put down other religions. this is not the place.

i think the purpose of this thread was to just clarify or show non-christian k-celebs, right?

so let's just do that and not cause a ruckus, ya'll. (:

quick question, does anyone have any info on yooneunhye's religion? huge fan, but never really found out.

i saw someone state she was christian here but haven't seen anything on it.. thanks in advance! ^_^

Guest damifino

I suggest you look up the Korean census on religion before you make blatantly inaccurate statements. And your atheist friends are not that bad??? :lol: Oh, my.

• 1 month later...
Guest krngal94

i know everyone from big bang is christian but seungri who is catholic? buddhist?

but everyone already said it..

this might be a bit off topic but i have a question...

i dont understand how they can be called christian when they r called "idol groups"?

i am christian and i know in the ten commandments, it says not to put a god before God.

and dbsk&big bang(as examples) are "christian"(most of them) but they are praised and worshipped by their fans? :P

i dont mean to sound offensive, really.. i am really interested in pursuing my dream as a korean singer...

but listening to my pastor talk about these "worldly pleasures(fame, money, etc)" is really making me think twice.

i also know that choi siwon is a really devoted christian, and its really heartwarming for me to hear that (lol idk why)

but he's in suju, who are idolized thru out asia...

so.. are the celebs just saying they r christian because they attend church and all? or do they mean it?

my pastor said,"going to church doesnt make you a christian, like sitting in a garage makes you a car"

which i find funny yet true

and also, how is it possible they r idols to their fans but christian/catholic at the same time?

im sorry its so long and i repeat, I DONT MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE

im curious and i want to know..

i want to be a singer myself, so im just gathering my info and all :D

sorry if this is offtopic too... i just found this thread while researching and i thought it would b a good place to ask this question :/

Guest Danzo

you practice your family religion until you somehow get to know another one, and subsequently convert. freedom in choosing religion some may say, but i do believe that if you come from a very pious buddhist family, your family will try to convince you not to or smth.

korea has been proven to have the largest growth rate in christianity in the whole world, over the years, esp in 2004ish i think. its statistical

and christians in korea, somehow are VERY open about their religion. you can hear them thanking god for everything(its a fact. no intention to offend anyone)

like someone mentioned, christianity and buddhism is still the major religion for koreans

muslim is rare in korea.

i rmb watching a documentary where most muslims are actually foreigners from abroad and is in korea for work. and the muslims there pretty much know each other since its a small circle and they go to the same(?since there are not really alot of mosque) mosque

Where can I find those statistics? Can you link me? I always thought this myself and believe this to be to their utmost advantage.

i know everyone from big bang is christian but seungri who is catholic? buddhist?

but everyone already said it..

this might be a bit off topic but i have a question...

i dont understand how they can be called christian when they r called "idol groups"?

i am christian and i know in the ten commandments, it says not to put a god before God.

and dbsk&big bang(as examples) are "christian"(most of them) but they are praised and worshipped by their fans? :P

i dont mean to sound offensive, really.. i am really interested in pursuing my dream as a korean singer...

but listening to my pastor talk about these "worldly pleasures(fame, money, etc)" is really making me think twice.

i also know that choi siwon is a really devoted christian, and its really heartwarming for me to hear that (lol idk why)

but he's in suju, who are idolized thru out asia...

so.. are the celebs just saying they r christian because they attend church and all? or do they mean it?

my pastor said,"going to church doesnt make you a christian, like sitting in a garage makes you a car"

which i find funny yet true

and also, how is it possible they r idols to their fans but christian/catholic at the same time?

im sorry its so long and i repeat, I DONT MEAN TO BE OFFENSIVE

im curious and i want to know..

i want to be a singer myself, so im just gathering my info and all :D

sorry if this is offtopic too... i just found this thread while researching and i thought it would b a good place to ask this question :/

I think this is REALLY important to point out.

I hope this reaches to the Korean entertainment industry :P

and somehow get an interview or something

Archived