Non-christian Korean Celebrities

Guest abloom

Guest abloom

Buddhist, Atheist, etc...
I don't mean to offend anyone at all, it's just something I've been wondering for a while. A celebrity's religion won't make me dislike them or like them better, and I hope most people feel that way.

I know that...

In Super Junior...

hanchul.jpg

Heechul and Hankyung are not Christians. These two I'm sure about. Heechul is an Atheist. Not sure what religion (if any) Hankyung practices, though.

I've also heard that Kangin is an Atheist, but I'm not entirely sure about him...

kangin.jpg

Now for my fellow Buddhists:

soheeg.jpg

Sohee from Wonder Girls

&

TVXQ's Changmin

changin.jpg

Those are all I can think of... so if you know anyone else, please don't hesitate to add them.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SuperKyle

i dont know how this goes or fits in the Korean Celeb photos section but WG's Sohee is non-Christian or Catholic......

oh nevermind i never saw Sohee's pic load up =_= sorry dont know nobody else.....

Guest jemnise

i think I saw Junsu from 2PM an atheist?

NVM. i saw this in 2PM thread :)

kimjunsukk7.jpg

so yea, he's an atheist XD

ooh and Chansung too...and Wooyoung!

hwangchansungve7.jpg

jangwooyoungvm1.jpg

are these for real or something? because the one that is listed in Nick Khun's

is that he's an atheist TT___TT

I don't know much about celebrities being Atheist or Buddhist. But I do know a lot of those that are Christians, mainly because I am a Christian (or Catholic, whatever float your boat - same difference) myself, so I end up paying more attention to that detail. Sorry, no help here.

But all-in-all, it is every man (and woman) for his/her own belief.

-ida

Guest choetso

SongHyeKyo is Buddhist.

LeeMinwoo is an Athiest(?) I don't remember. But I think I'm sure.

im pretty sure song hye kyo is roman catholic

Guest honeyxswt

I thought Sohee was a Christian ? o_o

I read somewhere that the rest of her family is Buddhist and she's the only Christian in the family.

Guest sikhye

Is this strange to you? Of course there are plenty of non-Christians celebrities in a country like Korea. Over 45% of Koreans have no religion and Christianity is ahead of Buddhism by a very few percentage.

And your statement that the majority of Korean celebrities practice Christianity was made by your own observation. :huh:

Guest abloom

Is this strange to you? Of course there are plenty of non-Christians celebrities in a country like Korea. Over 45% of Koreans have no religion and Christianity is ahead of Buddhism by a very few percentage.

And your statement that the majority of Korean celebrities practice Christianity was made by your own observation. :huh:

It's no strange to me at all. The reason I made this thread was because I wanted to see specific examples since I personally couldn't think of any other than those I listed. Nothing else, really. I have no hidden agenda.

And you're right, I shouldn't have said a majority of celebrities practice Christianity... I should've said a great number of Korean celebrities that I am personally aware of.

I really apologize if I offended anyone.

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

i dont think korean celebs are really open with their religions... like discussing about it, especially if they're not christian/catholic.. it's just my observations

I thought Sohee was a Christian ? o_o

I read somewhere that the rest of her family is Buddhist and she's the only Christian in the family.

is that possible??? usually, pppl follow a religion based on the religion their family practice until they're independent enough to decide on their own. Sohee is a bit young to be able to choose a different religion than her family and practice it, doesn't it?

Archived