Non-christian Korean Celebrities

Guest abloom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chopstickss

is a bit young to be able to choose a different religion than her family and practice it, doesn't it?

There isn't such a thing. You can't ever be 'too young' to have your own beliefs.

Guest i.said.hi

the 2pm profiles are false...

Junsu, chansung, and wooyoung are for sure buddhist, not atheist.

whoever made that profile, i feel, has misread/ mistranslated their profiles

불교 => buddhism. not atheist.

Guest abloom

I thought Sohee was a Christian ? o_o

I read somewhere that the rest of her family is Buddhist and she's the only Christian in the family.

Every single profile of hers that I've read has her as Buddhist BUT I'm don't exactly follow her or the Wonder Girls that closely so perhaps she has said during an interview or something that she's a Christian. I do remember on the Wonder Girls MTV show that when they went to NYC to church that she was the only one that stayed behind and didn't go but maybe she was just feeling unwell that day... so I dunno.

Guest widchii

^^ yay those 2pm profiles are false, i think the original translator mistranslated them :/

Junsu, Chansung, Wooyoung and also Nichkhun are all Bhuddists Buddhists according to official 2pm site.

Guest simply korean

^i think jaejoong is christian

because i have their album and 4 of the members thanks God (including jaejoong of course)

while changmin doesn't because he's buddhist.

Guest ginaaax3

Kim Jaejoong - Atheist

Shim Changmin - Buddhist

I heard that Kim Junsu, Park Yoochun, Jung Yunho, Taeyang, and Daesang are Christian.

Guest oriental_blossom

Kim Jaejoong - Atheist

Shim Changmin - Buddhist

I heard that Kim Junsu, Park Yoochun, Jung Yunho, Taeyang, and Daesang are Christian.

Who would thank God for their success if they're an Atheist? I believe JJ was an Atheist before but now follows Christianity...

One thing for sure Changmin is the only Buddhist in the group.

Guest randomzero.loves.dbsk

ok... the million dollar question.

Are there any muslims? lol. I doubt there are.

None of the famous ones at least. =P

All of them ranges from Christianity, buddhist to atheist...

Guest nightmare.

Suju's Siwon must be Christian

BUt I wonder is there any Roman Catholic? Or Roman Catholic in Korea is the same with Christian?

Guest prisonerzero

Jae Joong was an Atheist, but is currently Christian [so I've read].

I think this is a hard subject to try to figure out really. Unless you've heard them and got proof they said this, it's going to be hard to find out their real religion [or lack of one, I should say].

Guest adikkeluangman

ok... the million dollar question.

Are there any muslims? lol. I doubt there are.

None of the famous ones at least. =P

All of them ranges from Christianity, buddhist to atheist...

Why cannot famous people be Muslim? Do they will lose fans or other things happen? Said that if you're favorite artist happen also to be famous people is Muslim. What you think of that person now.

Everyone entitled to their belief. I'm a Muslim. Sometimes when I read about Islam in Korea it kinda ironic because some of the hotspot or clubs are near the Korea Big Mosque in Ittaewon.

Okay - I just remember. I know for sure Lee Seung Gi is Atheist...the whole "I only believe in myself" on YSMM was gold. :lol:

-ida

Guest CaptainO

I know Kwon Sangwoo is Roman Catholic.

That's not Christian. ^__^

Roman Catholic is Christian. Christian means they believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and He died on the cross and rose from the dead.

Anyway, back on topic.

I only know that Changmin is Buddhist.

Guest sososorri

well i mean its a fact that muslim is not very strong in the far east.

buddhism and christianity are quite strong.

plus all that ancestor worship stuff.

i think its all by chance.

since theres a small percent of muslims there is a very small chance that there will be a muslim celebs.

but who knows, maybe koreans dont really approve of islam??? (i dont know! dont hate!!!! =( ) this could cause celebs who want fans, to change their religion to be more accepted. (but then again im pretty sure muslims are quite proud of their religion...) nvm im just blabbing..... -_- -_-

Archived