Non-christian Korean Celebrities

Guest abloom

Why cannot famous people be Muslim? Do they will lose fans or other things happen? Said that if you're favorite artist happen also to be famous people is Muslim. What you think of that person now.

Everyone entitled to their belief. I'm a Muslim. Sometimes when I read about Islam in Korea it kinda ironic because some of the hotspot or clubs are near the Korea Big Mosque in Ittaewon.

nobody are implying that famous people cannot be Muslims. It's more like a statement regarding that the famous artists that we are seeing in the Kpop scene are mostly Christians, Atheists or Buddhists. Don't take these words too hard. :)

beccary: if im not wrong, i think Changmin is a Buddhist like what most ppl here said.Not Christian.

and wow am i glad to see that Jae's turned into a Christian. :lol: Thanks for the notification.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vietsoul

i think moonheejun and hwanhee is atheist but not sure. pretty sure heechul of suju is atheist. i read in DBSK soompi thread, it said jaejoong religion is christain but i dont know why so many people said his religion is different.

i didnt know 2pm member profiles are wrong or mistranslate :D

Guest Eider

i dont think korean celebs are really open with their religions... like discussing about it, especially if they're not christian/catholic.. it's just my observations

is that possible??? usually, pppl follow a religion based on the religion their family practice until they're independent enough to decide on their own. Sohee is a bit young to be able to choose a different religion than her family and practice it, doesn't it?

not true, all my fam is catolic, I'm agnostic.

about being atheist, there's lots of people that are mistaken with this out there. Atheists deny a god's existence or god-like divine stuff BUT it doesn't mean you are not part of a religion. As a matter of a fact Buddhism religion doesn't believe on a god, or doesn't have one so IT IS CONSIDERED INSIDE THE ATHEIST BELIVE. Atheism ISN'T A RELIGION ON IT'S OWN BUT A PHILOSOPHICAL BELIEVE. Inside the atheism movements there's various different views too. AS FOR THOSE WHO AREN'T PART OF ANY RELIGION because there no way to prove any claim and believe that all the all-knowing stuff is crap, and you ought to belive what you see and know, then THOSE WOULD BE AGNOSTIC. Agnosticism is a philosophical believe too, not a religion. You could actually be atheist - agnostic... it is possible.

Guest she-smiles

i believe teddy of 1tym is also athiest.

and about DBSK, i thought all my boys are christians.

jaejoong was athiest, but i heard the others helped to convert him? lol.

& i never heard changmin being buddhist.

but i guess we'll never know the truth,

unless we hear it from their mouths.

Guest chungmah.

I think Tiffany from SNSD is religious in some way

I just remembered in her thank you note in the GG album

"Thank you Father God" she wrote first.

Guest miss scarlett

I'm pretty sure Kangin is agnostic. Hangeng was atheist before, but I think he's now kind of atheist - agnostic... The rest of the Super Junior members (except Heechul, who is still an atheist) are Christian Protestants except Yesung, who is Roman Catholic. I'm not sure about Kyuhyun though.

Guest damifino

I don't mean to offend anyone at all, it's just something I've been wondering for a while. A celebrity's religion won't make me dislike them or like them better, and I hope most people feel that way.

But I'm just wondering... since a majority of Korean celebrities practice either Christianity or Catholicism, are there any that you can think that are not Christian or Catholic?

Also, I know religion can be quite a touchy subject, so please no religion bashing. Please. :)

Majority of Korean celebrities? Did you see a survey/census somewhere? Just because usually Christians/Catholics tend to be more vocal about their beliefs than either Buddhists or non-religious folks, doesn't mean that there are "more" of them. If you go by the general population of Korea, nearly half of Koreans aren't affiliated with any religion and there are about equivalent amounts of Christians as there are Buddhists, which individually has less followers than those who follow no religion at all.

What's the point of this thread if, as you say, you know that religion can be a touchy subject???

Guest icecube.

I thought Sohee was a Christian ? o_o

I read somewhere that the rest of her family is Buddhist and she's the only Christian in the family.

She might be but I'm not sure .. since 4/5 of her members are Christian .. she might be Christian too because she's influenced by them .. but all the fans know that she's Buddhist .. or at least her family is ..

Guest abloom

Majority of Korean celebrities? Did you see a survey/census somewhere? Just because usually Christians/Catholics tend to be more vocal about their beliefs than either Buddhists or non-religious folks doesn't mean that there are "more" of them. If you go by the general population of Korea, nearly half of Koreans aren't affiliated with any religion and there are about the same amount of Christians as there are Buddhists, which individually has less followers than those who follow no religion at all.

What's the point of this thread if as you say you know that religion can be a touchy subject???

I already apologized from having said that and corrected myself. I just, like I said, was asking for specific examples of celebrities that openly practice Buddhism or other religion (or lack of thereof) that's not Christianity out of curiosity.

I don't understand what's so offensive about that. I'm not saying that not being a Christian makes them a better person or not at all... so I really am wondering at what you are taking offense. It's just as if asking, out of curiosity, what celebrities have confirmed that they have mixed blood or something like that... curiosity. I've yet to see any religion bashing in this thread, actually... so I'm wondering what part of the thread, besides my initial post which I admit I worded badly and made a bad generalization and have apologized, is really offensive. Most people have replied politely and there has been zero bashing of any religion at all.

Archived