What to Wear to a funeral?

Guest asukaxD

Guest asukaxD

My grandma just passed away and I don't really want to think about anything else such as what to wear but I want to wear something approprite and can respect her. I haven't been to a funeral since like 10 years ago so im really lost.. Would it be weird if I had black oversized framed sunglasses on? Post up pics of combos please..

- edit

white is ok rightt? cause my mom made me get a white blouse, long white skirt and some white formal sandals.. its all good righT?

Guest *wenDzie^^*

u want pics..?

erm, generally all black should be ok

for a guy, they wear suits

u can wear suits if u were a girl too, like those work suits

but a long past the knee length black skirt

black single with cardigan should be ok

me thinks..

Guest jinhee

wow my grandma just died last week and i had to go through the same thing. i wore a black knee length skirt from nordstroms, a blank tank top, and a black cardigan, and black round toed heels. and no jewelry. keep it modest. what you wear isn't really important (as long as its black), the point is to go and say "goodbye" to your grandma...

sorry for your loss :( i know how you feel.

Guest deportedkorean

just wear black...and something conservative...its not a singles party.

you can wear whatever black clothes you have in your closet pretty much.

imo, i wouldnt buy anything for the funeral...if i wanted to wear it again...it be like :crazy: i bought this to wear to my grandma's funeral. it'd have some weird emotions attached for me.

Guest asukaxD

Is it all right if i wear white sneakers? Its gonna be during 2 days. Part one is gonna be at night for one of the days at the funeral home and the second day, we're gonna go to the cemetery. So should i have 2 outfits?

imo, i wouldnt buy anything for the funeral...if i wanted to wear it again...it be like i bought this to wear to my grandma's funeral. it'd have some weird emotions attached for me.

same but all my clothes are colourful ><' the only thing i have thats black are jeans =x

Guest whiterose.

Is it all right if i wear white sneakers? Its gonna be during 2 days. Part one is gonna be at night for one of the days at the funeral home and the second day, we're gonna go to the cemetery. So should i have 2 outfits?

no, i don't think you'll be needing 2 outfits. and it would be better if you wear black or white shoes. no sneaker, cus it's not going to look appropriate or formal.

Guest grnteaaholic

I just went to one last Sat for my aunt. I think it's ok to wear white if you don't have all black. I saw a lot of people do that. Just remember not to wear red!! Sorry for your loss.

Guest LiLmizzpark

last spring for my great grandfather's funeral i too didnt have any black clothes. :sweatingbullets: so my mom ran to forever 21 and bought me a black blazer, black cami, black kneelength skirt, and black heels. just get some conservative black clothes.

Guest PizazzPizza88

i think a black dress up to your knees look okay

why would you want to wear sunglasses

Guest cpx3s0ul

everything they mentioned up there ^ is great.

NO MAKEUP!!

NO FLASHY STUFF!! (earrings etc.)

that just shows you took time in making yourself look good... for a funeral?? no respect. the spotlight isn't on you.

Guest loO4la

black...simple & conservative...nothing flashy nor showy.

minimal or no makeup.

& the sunglasses? i would think it as accessorizing, which should be avoided at a funeral, especially since you said they are oversized? meaning like the latest aviator or jackie o. style?

i would say no...you might stick out in the crowd...

Archived