Cha Seung-Won 차승원 [Upcoming Movies: “Believer 2”, “Tyrant”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

If anyone is interested, I have some of his movies, dvd-rips. If you guys want, I can upload them. Here's what I've got:

# A Day With My Son (2007)

WOOOOW! Really? :)

I would appreciate it if you could upload the Movie A Day With My Son.

it is with English sub, right?

Edit

this is my day. i topped a page for the 2nd time today, so i'm adding some pics..

Enjoy

indexlink_image.jpg

a0000949_20090213_8ab616be639a6501b.jpg

16.jpg

_1_1.jpg

Guest chunsapa

Dear Cityhall Fans and Cha Seung Won Fans,

Hello. This is the administration team promoting Cityhall DVD Director Edited Version (http://cafe.daum.net/cityhalldvd).

On July 3rd 2009, we have started the promotion for the Director edited version through both Daum Agora petition and Daum Cafe, and as of today, July 12th 2009, we have reached 670 confirm!!!ed buyers.

Our administration team members are communicating with SBS Production and E&E media (DVD production) constantly for a successful result in our Cityhall DVD production.

We were assuming that this was going to be a very difficult process since SBS has never produced a Director edited version DVD before. However, SBS production informed us that they had actually stopped making the regular DVD when they received the news about the petition and the confirm!!!ed order research. We couldn't be more excited as we could see our project coming our way a lot faster than we expected.

Unfortunately, the favorable response from production does not mean the Director edited version DVD will be produced automatically. We need to reach at least 1000 confirm!!!ed orders for them to make a final decision in producing the DVD.

The profit and lost point of Director edited version DVD is 1000, so if we can't reach this point in confirm!!!ed order, producing Director edited version DVD is impossible.

We currently have 670 confirm!!!ed orders, so if we can add 330 more, we will finally be able to hold the Director edited version DVD in our hands and proudly give it to each of the writer, director, actors and the crew as well.

It is our own will and support that can make the Director edited version DVD happen, not the will and support of director, production or actors.

Now, it's time to prove that will and support.

If you are the one hesitating because you are unsure of the difference between regular DVD and Director edited version DVD, or

if you are the one who didn't participate in the confirm!!!ed order research because you plan to buy one when the production of DVD is finalized, or

if you are the one who participated in Daum Agora petition but do not know where to participate for the confirm!!!ed order research, or

if you are the one frustrated as an international fan because you don't know what is going on with the international order,

Please! Visit 'Cityhall Director edited version DVD promotion cafe (http://cafe.daum.net/cityhalldvd)' , look around for all the detailed information you were looking for after you register then participate in the confirm!!!ed order research.

If you have any question about registering to the Cafe or ordering the DVD, please contact

always-still@hanmail.net

and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Below is the current process, discussed between E&E Media(DVD production) and us.

Things may change around a bit during the process in the future, but we can definitely say that they seem very positive and are willing to leave many parts open for us.

When the production comes close to being finalized, we will try our best to include as many of your opinions as possible.

Summary

1. Possible to produce DVD only if the confirm!!!ed orders reach 1000

2. Predicted amount of time needed for production: 2-3 months

3. DVD contents

-Original episodes : 10 DVDs (2 episodes of higher quality that includes director edited scenes per DVD)

-Special : 1 DVD (Interviews and commentaries of writer, director and actors + what fans want)

-Other formation : We can negotiate about the contents we want (When the production seems close to being finalized, we will ask for your opinions)

4. Trying to find out if subtitles in different languages are possible for international fans

We'd like to ask you to advertise the information above encourage one another for greater participation among international fans. Each participation will make a huge difference and every single support possible is needed!

Also, we will ask for your opinions later on when the production comes close to being finalized, but we'd appreciate any ideas about the contents and/or the formation of the DVD now as well.

Guest kdramafanusa

Hello. This is the administration team promoting Cityhall DVD Director Edited Version (http://cafe.daum.net/cityhalldvd).

Please! Visit 'Cityhall Director edited version DVD promotion cafe (http://cafe.daum.net/cityhalldvd)' , look around for all the detailed information you were looking for after you register then participate in the confirm!!!ed order research.

If you have any question about registering to the Cafe or ordering the DVD, please contact

Hi Chunsapa,

Thank you so much for posting information on the director's cut here, I really appreciate it.

I'll sign up. :) I'm a fan of Cha Seung Won, I collect his works.

Are you sure? I checked the link, should be ok. Anyway, I'll post it once more.

http://rapidshare.com/files/252421058/CSW-...Sorry_dance.gif

If anyone is interested, I have some of his movies, dvd-rips. If you guys want, I can upload them. Here's what I've got:

# Eye for an Eye (2008)

# Somewhere Over the Border (2006)

# Murder, Take One / The Big scene (2005)

# Blood Rain (2005)

# Ghost House (2004)

# Jail Breakers (2002)

Hi JeatvVoon, thanks for reposting the gif; it still doesn't show up, maybe it's just me?

I'm glad to see another fan who has seen many of his previous films. :)

Which one is your favorite?

Have you seen My Teacher, Mr Kim (2003)?

Do you have any info on when his movie Saving my wife will be release?

I hope He can have an exclusive interview too, and hopefully with Suna again.

(The last time I read) Saving My Wife is scheduled for the 2nd half of 2009.

Exclusive interview? I think there'll be coverages on him & Song Yoon-Ah (who just started filming her next movie) when they do promotional works for this film.

Thanks everyone for sharing & posting. :)

Guest JeatvVoon

Hi JeatvVoon, thanks for reposting the gif; it still doesn't show up, maybe it's just me?

I'm glad to see another fan who has seen many of his previous films. :)

Which one is your favorite?

Have you seen My Teacher, Mr Kim (2003)?

Hehe, of course, I became a big fan of Cha Seung Won after all these movies and not to forget The City Hall!!! I looked everywhere for his information and picts, god thank I found your topic about CSW here at Soompi! Don't remember this was here last year... Anyway, I want to thank you for sharing all the pictures, info and news about him!

For which movie was my favourite... can't decide.

"Eye for an Eye": a really cool movie, CSW looks so hot!

"The Big scene": Exiting, myterious and surprising. I especially like that part where he yelled at the director (for saying it's just for show), then said, this was what his collegue would say. :D

"A Day with my Son" was pretty good. I laughed and cried during the whole movie, CSW is truly an amazing actor. This movie really gave me a warm feeling in my heart. Sorry I'm not very good in explaning...

"Jail Breakers": this is one of my favourite comedy, I simply like the duo Cha Seung Won and Sol Kyung Gu.

After watching CH and rewatching this, it gave me goosebump. Not used to the "funny/comedic CSW" anymore!

The next movie on my list is "My Teacher, Mr Kim". I will give my opinion after watching this, ok? ;)

I just noticed how CSW appearance changed, during those years. He really lost a lot of weight, you can see it so well in the face. His skin is so much smoother now. And I think he got his teeth fixed. Anyway, he just looks gorgeous!!!

Guest ilikeldg

On July 3rd 2009, we have started the promotion for the Director edited version through both Daum Agora petition and Daum Cafe, and as of today, July 12th 2009, we have reached 670 confirm!!!ed buyers.

Our administration team members are communicating with SBS Production and E&E media (DVD production) constantly for a successful result in our Cityhall DVD production.

We were assuming that this was going to be a very difficult process since SBS has never produced a Director edited version DVD before. However, SBS production informed us that they had actually stopped making the regular DVD when they received the news about the petition and the confirm!!!ed order research. We couldn't be more excited as we could see our project coming our way a lot faster than we expected.

Unfortunately, the favorable response from production does not mean the Director edited version DVD will be produced automatically. We need to reach at least 1000 confirm!!!ed orders for them to make a final decision in producing the DVD.

The profit and lost point of Director edited version DVD is 1000, so if we can't reach this point in confirm!!!ed order, producing Director edited version DVD is impossible.

We currently have 670 confirm!!!ed orders, so if we can add 330 more, we will finally be able to hold the Director edited version DVD in our hands and proudly give it to each of the writer, director, actors and the crew as well.

It is our own will and support that can make the Director edited version DVD happen, not the will and support of director, production or actors.

Now, it's time to prove that will and support.

If you are the one hesitating because you are unsure of the difference between regular DVD and Director edited version DVD, or

if you are the one who didn't participate in the confirm!!!ed order research because you plan to buy one when the production of DVD is finalized, or

if you are the one who participated in Daum Agora petition but do not know where to participate for the confirm!!!ed order research, or

if you are the one frustrated as an international fan because you don't know what is going on with the international order,

always-still@hanmail.net

and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Is this with English subtittle....if it is then I would like to confirm a copy for me...

I'm definitely one of his new fan...... B)

never mind I found the answer already....thank you

Guest kdramafanusa

After watching CH and rewatching this, it gave me goosebump. Not used to the "funny/comedic CSW" anymore!

Really? City Hall must be your 1st time seeing him.

He was first known for his comic talents , he appeared in a string of hit comedies ("Kick The Moon", "Spark The Lighter / Break Out", "JailBreakers", "My Teacher, Mr Kim", Ghost House"); King Of Comedy title is well deserved. Eventually, he showed the audience that he can also take on dramatic roles (Blood Rain, Murder Take One, etc); he gave an impressive performance in Libera Me (2000) as well.

The next movie on my list is "My Teacher, Mr Kim". I will give my opinion after watching this, ok? ;)

I believe you will like this movie & his acting here. :)

I just noticed how CSW appearance changed, during those years. He really lost a lot of weight, you can see it so well in the face. His skin is so much smoother now. And I think he got his teeth fixed. Anyway, he just looks gorgeous!!!

He dropped 10kg for the leading role in director Ahn Pan-Seok's movie "South Of The Border" (2006; the movie after "Murder, Take One / The Big Scene").

20060330102011.557.0.jpg

april 5, 2006 (screening of South Of The Border)

20060406120704.193.0.jpg

20060405185909.165.0.jpg

20060405182519.056.0.jpg

20060405183015.607.0.jpg

20060405200508.742.0.jpg

20060405234008.118.0.jpg20060405234008.118.1.jpg

- with director Ahn Pan-Seok

20060405212111.094.0.jpg

20060405185312.564.0.jpg

20060405175514.708.0.jpg

press conference & screening on April 25, 2006

20060425174520.838.0.jpg

20060425173212.727.0.jpg

He lost 7kg for "Small Town Rivals" (the movie after "South Of The Border" & before "My Son").

(press conference & screening on March 16, 2007)

20070316165413.379.0.jpg

20070316165415.441.0.jpg

20070316174016.355.0.jpg

- with director Jang Gyu-Sung (also directed him in "My Teacher, Mr Kim")

20070316173513.325.0.jpg

-5th movie with Yoo Hae-Jin

20070316174521.213.0.jpg

20070316175605.192.0.jpg

20070316180025.118.0.jpg

My Son (2007):

67283038020000.jpg

He seemed thinner in City Hall compared to this picture from his upcoming movie "Saving My Wife"; my guess is that he couldn't work out dued to crazy shooting schedule of TV dramas. I remember reading an interview on Blood Rain, the director said that CSW never missed his workout.

fbeeedcd68ce9c760fb345e.jpg

April 2006 (CSW's Health Club)

20060427122013.249.0.jpg

20060423183510.187.0.jpg

20060412111815.416.1.jpg

September 14, 2007 - won Best Actor (for movie My Son) at Chunsa Film Festival

20070914204518.032.0.jpg

July 2008 - interviews for movie "Eye For An Eye"

htm_200807251511250107000001070100-001.jpg

20080802132003.779.2.jpg

20080802132003.779.1.jpg

Guest jastinel

Wow, so many pictures of my man...dropped jaw!

What if Cha is still single? I think women will get crazy about him, his aging beautifully.

Suna said that she wants to meet someone like JG, Cha made this character into perfection.

It`s hard to find another JG in real life, more so with another Cha Seung Won.

Guest JeatvVoon

Really? City Hall must be your 1st time seeing him.

He was first known for his comic talents , he appeared in a string of hit comedies ("Kick The Moon", "Spark The Lighter / Break Out", "JailBreakers", "My Teacher, Mr Kim", Ghost House"); King Of Comedy title is well deserved. Eventually, he showed the audience that he can also take on dramatic roles (Blood Rain, Murder Take One, etc); he gave an impressive performance in Libera Me (2000) as well.

No, that's not what I meant. Before City Hall I already watched a few of his movies, for example Jail Breakers, Ghost House and The Big Scene. But Jo Guk in City Hall was so different from his characters in his movies, more serious, more charisma and really romantic. For 2 months I watched CH over and over again. So that's why it was weird at the beginning rewatching one of his comedies.

I'm currently uploading A Day with my Son, I'll post the links when I'm done ;)

PS: Thanks for the pictures. He was such a cute baby, love his lips!!!

Guest JeatvVoon

A Day With My Son

A_Day_with_My_Son.jpg

Synopsis:

Lee Gang Sik (Cha Seung-won) is serving a life sentence for murder. For the last 15 years, he has been on his best behavior, and now his wish has finally come true. Gang Sik has been granted a one-day leave to visit his family, and as the day draws closer and closer, he is overcome with both excitement and nervousness. There is so much he wants to say to his teenaged son (Ryu Deok-hwan), whom he hasn't seen since incarceration, but the feeling isn't exactly reciprocated. Forced to grow up at an early age, his son has had a tough life, taking care of his troubled mother on his own, and in his eyes, he sees not a father, but a stranger, a criminal. How can Gang Sik make up for 15 years with just one day's time?

But the father’s genuine feelings gradually open his son’s heart. To enjoy every second given to them, the father and son hang out together at night until they must once again part ways...

Info:

Laguage: Korean

Subtitles: Korean and English (.sub)

Size: 1.4 Gb

Download:

Enjoy!

Guest jastinel

Pictures of my love Cha Seung Won

credit@dcinside

21_2.jpg

21_1.jpg

c655758b.jpg

__4_avi_000332499.jpg

__4_avi_000326593.jpg

106.jpg

Thanks JeatvVoon for uploading that movie and for your reply on my PM!

CSW has a pair of very expressive eyes, which he uses to full advantage in his dramatic scenes. He, with those magnetic eyes, draws the viewers into the character he is portraying. He doesn't have to use full physical exertion nor resort to lengthy dialogues to convey various emotions; his eyes alone speak volumes. While he draws you in into the character, yet, at the same time maintains an aura of mystery. You will not know the depth of his character until the very end of the story. This he used to perfection in his portrayal of Jo Guk in the drama City Hall. Jo Guk the good-looking, snobbish political genius who stands out amongst the rest. CSW inherent good looks, height and physique gave Jo Guk the needed physical attributes to set him apart from the sea of characters in the drama. CSW background as a model was a big factor in giving Jo Guk the drop dead gorgeous look. Jo Guk in his suits was an epitome of a man in power. Never an outfit looks so sensual the way Jo Guk wears it. Jo Guk as personified by Cha Seung Won is sexy and dangerous, a lethal combination.

Guest JeatvVoon

Thank you for the share! :)

EDIT: I'm not able to open the file and I downloaded all 7 parts. Is anyone having the same problem?

After downloading, you have to join the 7 parts (.001, .002...) using 7zip, HJsplit (Windows) or Split&Concat (Mac). Then you'll get a .zip file. Just unzip that and you'll get a folder with 2 .avi files plus subtitles.

I know I made it too complicated. From now on I'll post .rar files.

Guest JeatvVoon

Eye For An Eye 눈에는 눈 이에는 이

eye_for_an_eye.jpg

Synopsis:

Veteran police detective Baek Seong-chan is on the verge of retiring to set up his own business. But he is forced to put his plans on hold when ₩1.8 billion is stolen from a bank truck, and then 600 kg of gold from an airport, with the thief having impersonated Baek. The following day he receives a package of the stolen money from the thief, who identifies himself as Ahn Hyeon-min. Baek pursues Ahn, only to discover that he is being used as a pawn in a greater scheme of revenge.

Cast:

# Han Suk-kyu ... Baek Seong-chan

# Cha Seung-won ... Ahn Hyeon-min

# Song Yeong-chang ... Kim Hyeon-tae

# Lee Byung-joon ... Antonio

# Jeong In-gi ... Hwan Min-cheol

# Kim Ji-seok ... Song Yoo-gon

Info:

Language: Korean

Subtitles: English (.srt)

Size: 700 Mb

Downlaod:

After downloading all 4 parts, extract the first part (.part1.rar). You'll then get a folder containing the video and subtitle.

For those who don't know, I really recommend the programm 7zip for extracting files. It's powerful, easy to use and free. Download it here: 7zip

After downloading, you have to join the 7 parts (.001, .002...) using 7zip, HJsplit (Windows) or Split&Concat (Mac). Then you'll get a .zip file. Just unzip that and you'll get a folder with 2 .avi files plus subtitles.

I know I made it too complicated. From now on I'll post .rar files.

It works! Thank you. I never heard of 7zip before so thank you for letting us know. :)

Hi,

i uploaded some MV's that Seung-won started on it..

Enjoy ;)

thank you, but first two links have the same files, I think. Can you please check? Thanks.

Are you sure? I checked the link, should be ok. Anyway, I'll post it once more.

CSW-Sorry_Sorry_dance.gif

# Eye for an Eye (2008)

# Somewhere Over the Border (2006)

# Murder, Take One / The Big scene (2005)

# Blood Rain (2005)

# Ghost House (2004)

# Jail Breakers (2002)

would you mind uploading them? Please.

Would you maybe also have the Teacher Mr Kim one?

would like to see him in a movie.