[drama 2009] Queen Of Housewives 내조의 여왕

koalabear

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest luvlilady

Thanks so much groovier for the song name, artist and the lyrics!! :D

I've been trying to find the song but failed...you can to the rescue! ;)

If people want to download, I uploaded the song- http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/14/16...myeonseo%29.mp3 (Right click and "Save Link As" to download)

Thanks groovier and lilcrash for the wonderful song. In fact I am listening to it right now. Brilliant!!

Ladies.. I still can't get over with those amazing abs of Ohn Dal Soo and Joon Hyuk. I am eager and interested to watch Ohn Dal Soo sehxy :rolleyes: shower scene on Epidode 10. :D:wub::sweatingbullets:

BTW Happy Birthday Oh Ji Ho (Ohn Dal Soo)..Wishing you a year filled with the same joy and happiness you bring to others!!

Guest leejb91

There's something I'd like to ask. I'm not too familiar with Korean culture. I've been wondering about how Bongsoon talks to Joonhyuk. How come she keeps using formal speech to him? I mean she's known him for a really long time and it's shown in the flashbacks that they both used to speak casually. I'm just confused how she went from talking informally to formally like now.

Often times we see married couples that are "high class" or whatever use formal speech to each other since its part of etiquette and whatnot. You don't really see same high school students use formal speech anyway so Bong Soon may have made that transition in order to become a wife that's "fitting" for Joon Hyuk's status in Queens Food (in order to maintain that wealthy/classy image). Does that make any sense? O.O

I'm really liking this drama and Joonhyuk is freaking hilarious. As for Tae Bong, I think he was genuinely worried for So Hyun when he heard about her bio mother's death. When I saw that scene, I thought that maybe So Hyun had some kind of chronic illness or something because this was the first time we ever see Tae Bong feel anything for So Hyun. Maybe So Hyun had a similar situation before/she's ill?

And I can never see "Kang Ja" outside of her role from Fantasy Couple (although her role is similar for QoH), lol.

Guest janezio

It just so happens that today is OH JI HO's birthday during the filming QUEEN OF HOUSEWIVES. I therefore take this opportunity to wish ZIO a very

*** HAPPY, WONDERFUL and BLESSED BIRTHDAY ***

Birthdaycake.jpg

Thank you so much for the explanation. It's probably just ordinary for koreans, but it just feels weird to me to see a married couple speaking formally to each other.

I haven't really warmed up to Joonhyuk as some of you guys have. The root of the issue is just what Jiae said to him, how he puts down his wife. I wish Bongsoon would see that she doesn't need Joonhyuk to survive and just leave him. It's like all these years (it's not one or two, it's fricken fifteen!), he's been pining for Jiae, I mean come on, don't you have better things to do? Even in the beginning when he hadn't realized Jiae was back, he treated Bongsoon with indifference, and we never saw him interacting with his kid. I get that he's heartbroken, but his behaviour this far feels like he's not owning up to his status as a father and head of family (the same can probably be said for the other men in the series, but that's not the point here). Even if his recent comical scenes put him in a slightly more 'lovable' area, he's just not my favourite character. Having said that, I admit that I enjoy his funny scenes A LOT!

wow...sohyun is a freaking @#$@^@^@%@

just finished episode 10 and gee. i felt SO BAD for jiae. Even after hearing the rumors, she's STILL trusting in Dahl Soo. Dahl Soo needs to wake up and see what he has. Freakin men. why are they easily persuaded? and why can't he deny the rumors? (maybe because its true) but...bah!!!!

Guest dramaok

Ep. 10:

e10090414hdtvxvidentala.jpge10090414hdtvxvidentala.jpg

So Taejoon decides he'll call Sohyeon instead to announce he's coming home, and gives her time to send Dalsu home.

on his way out, Dalsu runs into Joonhyeok who asks 'why aren't you at the funeral ceremony (like Jiae said he was).. and Dalsu leaves feeling uncomfortable.

Next, Sohyeon tells Taejoon she wants to divorce him.

Next morning Taejoon lingers around Jiae's neighborhood again w/ excuse he came to look at land for his friend who wants to invest in property,

and Taejoon advises her to keep a closer eye on her husband but of course Jiae's like 'my husband would never cheat'.. but then Sohyeon calls and Jiae leaves.

Jiae visits Sohyeon at the gallery and Sohyeon confides in her that she and her husband have been using separate rooms,

and now she's found a man she likes. Jiae's surprised but says as a woman she can sorta understand how Sohyeon feels and Sohyeon says, "you do?"..

then at the gallery Bongsoon and Mrs. Kim stop by and Bongsoon reminds Jiae they have the class reunion tonight.

at the reunion Jiae and Bongsoon bicker again and someone suggests they should bet whose husband will show up first

if they all call their husbands.

Jiae's comes first and Bongsoon's never shows up, and Bongsoon leaves with everyone else gone,

except the voodoo girl who caled Taebong but he just ignored her.

e10090414hdtvxvidentala.jpge10090414hdtvxvidentalav.jpg

next day, Sohyeon tells her inlaws she and Taejoon are getting a divorce because she is not good enough for Taejoon.

Sohyeon leaves and Mrs. Heo scolds Taejoon for getting involved with too many women and Mr. Heo throws something at him.

at home Taejoon tells Sohyeon her 'joke' was too extreme but Sohyeon says after her birth mom died she wants to focus on her

and what makes her happy and from now on she will pursue her own happiness and she wants to divorce him.

Taejoon lets it slip that he knows the guy she's seeing is a married man. and Taejoon warns not to assume the other man would leave his marriage for her.

meanwhile, Dalsu is trying to figure out how they can enhance their food products's taste w/out msg and crap

and so Jiae gets a job at an esteemed restraurant famous for their natural taste to get some secret ideas,

but Joonhyeok sees her there and gets angry and calls Dalsu to come right away. Dalsu comes and yells at Jiae and they leave.

Dalsu says he gets humuliated when she tries to bail him out like this he doesn't want to see her washing dishes there.

so the two are fighting but Jiae gives him the findings she got and Dalsu feels bad the next day about yelling at her.

then Sohyeon tells Jiae she wants to introduce her husabnd to her and Dalsu and Jiae's super excited about it and drags Dalsu to meet them,

even though Dalsu is trying reallly hard to get out of it.

but at the restaurant, Taejoon (Taebong) comes and sees Jiae with Sohyeon adn Dalsu, and Taejoon quickly goes out,

and calls Jiae to tell her to come outside. Jiae's like 'don't bother me i'm w/ important meeting' so Taejoon bumps her car nstead,

and then Taejoon calls her to come out quickly to see someone hit her car, so Jiae runs out.

and as soon as she's out Taebong (Taejoon) whisks her away saying they have to go catch the guy running away in the taxi.

they do a fake chase and Taejoon says 'oh well we didn't catch them' but offers to pay for her car fix since they didn't succeed at the chase.

next day, Jiae hears from the rumor mill that her husband is having an affair with another married woman married to someone who

also works at Queenz foods, and Jiae is hurt by it.. but thinks it's all because no one likes her.. but she's bothered by it,

and Sohyeon notices her worried and asks what's wrong and when Jiae confides in her, Sohyeon says it's not impossible rumor.

and Sohyeon asks, 'what will you do if your husband really loves someone else?' and Jiae is thrown back by this, and says 'never thought of it'..

then Sohyeon says, 'you should divorce him then.'..

---------------

^

Thanks for the Episode 10 summary, dramaok!!! :blush:

I've left the link for the whole album :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E1412P1C

Although this song wasn't included in the official OST, it may be pertinent to explain that this album was distributed by imbc :lol: You know what I mean...

Thank you for the link of the whole album~ :)

where can i download the osts for 내조의 여왕?

Just check the first post on the first page or here.

Some more Ep 10 caps

2zdufyr.jpg

rlkuhk.jpg

20090415073526286e7_074911_0.jpg

20090415081618367e7_082815_0.jpg

From yahoo.com.kr

Episode 10 ratings

Daily TV Rating - [Tuesday 2009-04-14]

TNS

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

2. My Wife Is A Superwoman / Queen Of Wives <내조의여왕> (MBC) - 24.1%, 25.6%

AGB

Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}

2. My Wife Is A Superwoman / Queen Of Wives <내조의여왕> (MBC) - 21.9%, 23.6%

Guest janezio

Ep. 10:

.......next day, Jiae hears from the rumor mill that her husband is having an affair with another married woman married to someone who

also works at Queenz foods, and Jiae is hurt by it.. but thinks it's all because no one likes her.. but she's bothered by it,

and Sohyeon notices her worried and asks what's wrong and when Jiae confides in her, Sohyeon says it's not impossible rumor.

and Sohyeon asks, 'what will you do if your husband really loves someone else?' and Jiae is thrown back by this, and says 'never thought of it'..

then Sohyeon says, 'you should divorce him then.'.. ---------------

THANK YOU, DRAMAOK!!! :) So good to know that the ratings for Ep. 10 has gone up too! YIPEE!! /Jane (JCSF)

Ep. 10:

mic!!! kumawo for the summary...I'm glad that this drama is now in a good pace, and taking time to do the summary, from the bottom of my heart again, thanks a lot ^^

and I see some more familiar faces like hjkomo and shirley hoping on board, hope to see more of your posts ^^

groovier, thanks for the song link at the end of episode 9, it's not in the OST but it's a good song...hmmm looks like I have lots of info to place at the first page ^^

here are some still pics from Episode 9, the dying cattle scene and ranch scenes

200904151017517.jpg

By sassygirl17, shot with NIKON D2X at 2009-04-14

200904151017516.jpg

200904151017515.jpg

200904151017514.jpg

200904151017513.jpg

20090415101751.jpg

200904151017512.jpg

2009041510275719.jpg

2009041510275718.jpg

2009041510275717.jpg

2009041510275716.jpg

2009041510275715.jpg

20090415102434110.jpg

2009041510243419.jpg

2009041510243417.jpg

2009041510243416.jpg

src: MBC

I haven't seen Episode 10 yet and will do so after the edit ^ ^

Guest groovier

I like Sun Woo-Sun's voice (and her video too :P ). I think she's got a good natural tone. It's really pretty and relaxing.

Also I feel like I'm getting in love with Kim Nam-Joo's character (its strength and sensibilities) from her drama.

The ending of Ep 10 (a linear narration with some flashbacks) was so touching and sweet.

In the past 7 years with my husband I've thought of getting divorced more than 700 times. - I've learned a lot about life and love, however.

- I will take care of Jung-Won. Don't you feel ashamed to see you're getting behind? (Ji-Ae)

- Ji-Ae, I got fired again. (Dal-Soo)

...every time he gets fired and comes home...

- I should definitely divorce her this time. (Dal-Soo)

...when I see him get drunk after that for celebrating his friend's new job... :(

As all of you know, this is not a must-win game by any means. (Joon-Hyuk)

...every time he behaves so abominably...

You're trying to get a job by relying on your spouse's generosity. (Joon-Hyuk)

...each time I regret having married him...

I heard your husband got fired / but he shouldn't be / Please say some good words to Joon-Hyuk for my husband

...every time I feel the life becomes rugged to live.

nonetheless, I couldn't deal with being separated from my husband.

Let him get fired immediately or get him demoted to the back seat. (So-Hyun's MIL)

Guest Mandi9940

Thanks so much groovier for the song name, artist and the lyrics!! :D

I've been trying to find the song but failed...you can came to the rescue! ;)

If people want to download, I uploaded the song- http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/14/16...myeonseo%29.mp3 (Right click and "Save Link As" to download)

Yup, me too~

That scene was hilarious...Jun Hyuk's dizzy expression is priceless! :lol:

Thanks to groovier and lilcrash, i love this song. The opening part sounds like the music played in the movie 'Silver Knife' (also by ojh), doesn't it?

mic!!! kumawo for the summary...I'm glad that this drama is now in a good pace, and taking time to do the summary, from the bottom of my heart again, thanks a lot ^^

and I see some more familiar faces like hjkomo and shirley hoping on board, hope to see more of your posts ^^

groovier, thanks for the song link at the end of episode 9, it's not in the OST but it's a good song...hmmm looks like I have lots of info to place at the first page ^^

here are some still pics from Episode 9, the dying cattle scene and ranch scenes

200904151017517.jpg

200904151017516.jpg

200904151017515.jpg

200904151017514.jpg

200904151017513.jpg

20090415101751.jpg

200904151017512.jpg

2009041510275719.jpg

2009041510275718.jpg

2009041510275717.jpg

2009041510275716.jpg

2009041510275715.jpg

20090415102434110.jpg

2009041510243419.jpg

2009041510243417.jpg

2009041510243416.jpg

src: MBC

I haven't seen Episode 10 yet and will do so after the edit ^ ^

I was very touched at the scene where Ohn Dasu tried all he could to revive the cow & he actually cried when it died. Ohn Dasu is such a kindhearted man, i think that's why he can't bear to leave So Hyuk when she was sick.

Guest dramaok

so do we think So-Hyeon is really falling for Dal-Soo or is this part of her master revenge plan?

i cannot really read her clearly. the actress is freakishly gorgeous. a little scary at first sight but also vulnerable.

and her character is showing a new darkness which i'm not sure how to react.

yeah the narration at the end of today's episode is touching. BUT i don't like that direction when it gets too introspective and sensible.

i prefer it light-hearted and laugh-out-loud comedy style.. when it gets touchy it breaks the entertainment value for me,

because let's face it. affairs and divorce talk aren't really funny topics so when it gets dramatic like that i cringe.

kim nam joo's voice doesn't bother me but her make up does. she looks like she's wearing 5 layers of foundation, and the top coat looks like white clay.

her pale pink lipstick makes the whiteness even shocking.

bongsoon's super red lipstick makes her look funny but it's also appropriate in her case. she's over the top like that.

she needs to chill out a little maybe she could fall in love with Jiae too since everyone's in love w/ Jiae.

oh ji-ho's shower scene was hot but nothing beats cheol chu-ho in the sauna. so frikkin hot and funny at the same time.

next week hope to see all three in there. wooo~~~

Guest mintlovely

I've to watch it cause I want to know that what're Sohyoen thinking about Ji Ae in this time, hate or not?

Archived