[drama 2009] Queen Of Housewives 내조의 여왕

koalabear

dont expect much of reality in Kdramas... <___>

;)

anyway, isnt it BongSoon-richard simmons who ruined the presentation? Anyway how can a man be married to sb who did so many plastic surgeries LOL

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest groovier

dont expect much of reality in Kdramas... <___>

;)

anyway, isnt it BongSoon-richard simmons who ruined the presentation? Anyway how can a man be married to sb who did so many plastic surgeries LOL

It's more realistic than any other I have been through since (...I don't recall :P ) As far as I know, many viewers begin to empathize with the characters. Well, in ep6, Bong-Soon asks her husband, "Would you have married me If i had not been pregnant?" In Korea it explains everything. (i doubt if the baby is his own atm. we will find out anyway.)

It's more realistic than any other I have been through since (...I don't recall :P ) As far as I know, many viewers begin to empathize with the characters. Well, in ep6, Bong-Soon asks her husband, "Would you have married me If i had not been pregnant?" In Korea it explains everything. (i doubt if the baby is his own atm. we will find out anyway.)

LOL Okay... I might have missed this since i dont understand it very good.

thanks for the clarification

Guest Mandi9940

There are two parts that i feel particularly touching. First the part where Dasu & Aijae laid in the pit. Both bagan sobbing then they hugged each other & cried aloud like little children. Poor couple, they were actually very suppressed by the very mean people (Bong in the case of Aijae & Kang in the case of Dasu) around them but simply could not handle them due to their disadvantaged positions. Dasul & Aijae are very decent people who are merely trying very hard to achieve better lives but unlucky enough to meet people like Bong & Kang. Next is where some of you've mentioned...where Dasu dragged Aijae away from kneeling Bong and hugged Aijae at the riverside to console her after she's being insulted by Bong. It's soo.... warm.

Bong's really very cruel lady. She's very mean to make Aijae her caddy cum servant and also made her pay for her tow fines. If she genuinely treated Aijae as a friend as she claimed, she also wouldn't have exposed her at the shop for the imitation bag. She could have warned her at somewhere else. Looks like Bong is all out to revenge and one wonders what's she going to do next.

Soo-hyun is interesting. She's really charming. Just wonder how's Dasu going to resist the advances of this very attractive lady... From the info given so far, looks like Dasu, who has a weak character will fall in her hands and make a big mistake...huhu!!

Ma tae-joon looks a little cheeky, but i think he's a nice guy.

QOH is a good show and deserves good ratings. Best of luck QOH ^^!

Now I can't wait for the next episodes...........

Guest luvlilady

Ladies

Anybody know what is going on between Tae Joon and Ai Je towards the end of Ep 6? Never see it coming.

He even bought back the pawn wedding ring of AiJe. Was it for love or pity??

Guest Zealousy

Idk if anyone is going to sub this but I can help out with timing need be.

This is the only kdrama thats currently airing that has my attention. LOL.

Guest janezio

Ladies

Anybody know what is going on between Tae Joon and Ai Je towards the end of Ep 6? Never see it coming.

Here's the synopsis for Ma Tae-joon

(age: 35, So-hyun’s husband/ company president) / actor Yoon Sang-hyeon

He was very much in love with another woman before he was forced by his parents to marry So-hyun in an arranged marriage. He knew So-hyun since they were kids and never found her adorable or attractive.

Rebelling against his parents, he carries on numerous affairs while married to So-hyun but then...

He finds himself attracted to Ji-ae who is devoted to her husband and will do anything to make him successful.

Guest janezio

You mean the other intern who planted a fake child poisoning (Who sorta looks like skinny rain)? He resigned.

The president of the company made the final call in bringing Dalsu back, although it appears that the director suggested that to him.

Although due to my poor Korean the exact details are unclear.

The director's wife (head samonim, who heads their wives club) reminds me of Macbeth, plotting to take the company over. So the director is trying to get closer?

Someone help me with the internal politics of that company. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I know Korean corporate laws are different from USA's companies.

Re COMPANY POLITICS, if this is of any help, here's the synopsis of director KIM and his wife JANG (or "Lady MacBeth" haha...):

Kim Hong-shik (age: 47, Young-sook’s husband / company director) / actor Kim Chang-wan

He is the company president’s right-hand man and handles all of the company affairs, including the slush fund set aside for bribing politicians. But he also keeps records every impropriety committed by the president. He plans to blow the whistle one day to force Tae-joon to resign in disgrace.

Jang Young-sook (age: 43, Wife of Hong-shik, a company director) / Nah Young Hee

As the wife of the company director, she has a charismatic personality.

She’s also the chairwoman of the Pyeonggang Women’s Social Club within the company and the most powerful woman among them.

If she dislikes any of the members, then that woman will be ostracized by all of the other members and the husband of that woman will never get promoted as well. But her rival and archenemy is So-hyun, the wife of the company president. She finds her to be intolerable because she is younger and shows no respect. She also can’t tolerate the way that So-hyun criticizes her in front of the wives of regular company employees. So she is waiting for an opportunity to get even with her.

I am sure KIM and JANG are in this together and that's why they are keeping tabs on TAE JOON.

Guest janezio

There are two parts that i feel particularly touching. First the part where Dasu & Aijae laid in the pit. Both bagan sobbing then they hugged each other & cried aloud like little children. Poor couple, they were actually very suppressed by the very mean people (Bong in the case of Aijae & Kang in the case of Dasu) around them but simply could not handle them due to their disadvantaged positions. Dasul & Aijae are very decent people who are merely trying very hard to achieve better lives but unlucky enough to meet people like Bong & Kang. Next is where some of you've mentioned...where Dasu dragged Aijae away from kneeling Bong and hugged Aijae at the riverside to console her after she's being insulted by Bong. It's soo.... warm.

Bong's really very cruel lady. She's very mean to make Aijae her caddy cum servant and also made her pay for her tow fines. If she genuinely treated Aijae as a friend as she claimed, she also wouldn't have exposed her at the shop for the imitation bag. She could have warned her at somewhere else. Looks like Bong is all out to revenge and one wonders what's she going to do next.

Soo-hyun is interesting. She's really charming. Just wonder how's Dasu going to resist the advances of this very attractive lady... From the info given so far, looks like Dasu, who has a weak character will fall in her hands and make a big mistake...huhu!!

Ma tae-joon looks a little cheeky, but i think he's a nice guy.

QOH is a good show and deserves good ratings. Best of luck QOH ^^!

Now I can't wait for the next episodes...........

The part where they slept in the "grave" is very touching indeed. When JI AE got up and helped DALSU up, she says, we are now "BORN AGAIN" and we will START OVER and then they hugged and cried!

Re "how is Dasu going to resist the advances of this very attractive lady… " Na du - I hope he doesn’t do anything unfaithful to his wife!

I like Ma Tae Joon too. He looks like one of my cousins!

Guest mintlovely

THE HIGH DEFINITION SCREEN CAPTURE

WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 9600GT BY AOF@POPCORNFOR2

QUEEN OF HOUSEWIVES EP6, AIRED 04.01.09

queen.of.housewives.e06.090331.hdtv.xvidental.avi_000989688tile.jpg

Guest janezio

Re actress LEE HYE YOUNG (aka our dear BONG SOON) - check this out - she's pretty successful!

Actress Lee Hye-young Adds Another String to Her Professional Bow

http://www.hancinema.net/actress-lee-hye-y...-bow-18747.html

Lee Hye-young, whose versatile talent spans acting, television hosting, and running her own fashion brand, published “Lee Hye-young’s Beauty Bible” on Mar. 23. She is a fashion icon in Korea, becoming a successful fashion brand CEO and the longest-running host of the “Style Magazine” show on cable channel OnStyle.

Lee worked hard on her first book. She was involved from the very first phase of planning it, and spent more than a year on research and writing. She writes about her fashion principles as well as secrets of her beauty, advising on how to enjoy a bold challenge instead of being afraid of it and how to balance being cute and sexy. “If you make yourself a bit busier, you can upgrade the look of your body, face and hair without spending too much money on it”, said Lee.

“This book contains the know-how I have gained through countless mistakes and trials. I chose the word ‘Bible’ because this book includes everything about beauty. I like myself now more than when I was in my twenties, and I feel more confident about myself than ever. I hope this book can be a good companion to women who dream of being beautiful”, she added

Re COMPANY POLITICS, if this is of any help, here's the synopsis of director KIM and his wife JANG (or "Lady MacBeth" haha...):

Kim Hong-shik (age: 47, Young-sook’s husband / company director) / actor Kim Chang-wan

He is the company president’s right-hand man and handles all of the company affairs, including the slush fund set aside for bribing politicians. But he also keeps records every impropriety committed by the president. He plans to blow the whistle one day to force Tae-joon to resign in disgrace.

Jang Young-sook (age: 43, Wife of Hong-shik, a company director) / Nah Young Hee

As the wife of the company director, she has a charismatic personality.

She’s also the chairwoman of the Pyeonggang Women’s Social Club within the company and the most powerful woman among them.

If she dislikes any of the members, then that woman will be ostracized by all of the other members and the husband of that woman will never get promoted as well. But her rival and archenemy is So-hyun, the wife of the company president. She finds her to be intolerable because she is younger and shows no respect. She also can’t tolerate the way that So-hyun criticizes her in front of the wives of regular company employees. So she is waiting for an opportunity to get even with her.

I am sure KIM and JANG are in this together and that's why they are keeping tabs on TAE JOON.

currently watching Episode 6...I think the couple want Tae-joon out since they think he doesn't deserve to become company president, bcoz he is immature and doesn't think much about the welfare of the company, so they got surprised when TJ wanted to have an investigation on the food poisoning incident, maybe bcoz he saw Ji-ae beg on her knees to Bong-soon, might be for pity too I guess. and the couple might want to get more power as well

Guest jau210750

Agenth,

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why Bong Soon's husband married her...didn't think about the "oldest trick in the book to get a guy to marry you" scheme.

Jan

Guest Mandi9940

Ladies

luvlilady,

my feel is, Tae Joon might have tried to make things difficult for Ai Je in the beginning because she tried to extort money from him over the car accident, but after observing her over several incidents, he felt that Aiji is actually a simple woman who has a straightforward character and would do anything to help her husband. He might have found this woman someone interesting and pitiful and hence began to develope good feelings for her. I think Tae Joon himself is a kind hearted person.

currently watching Episode 6...I think the couple want Tae-joon out since they think he doesn't deserve to become company president, bcoz he is immature and doesn't think much about the welfare of the company, so they got surprised when TJ wanted to have an investigation on the food poisoning incident, maybe bcoz he saw Ji-ae beg on her knees to Bong-soon, might be for pity too I guess. and the couple might want to get more power as well

Kolarbear

I think Kim and his wife is a cunning pair who is plotting against TJ, for power...

Mandi

Archived