Sato Takeru - a.k.a "Rurouni Kenshin"

pechumori

Guest hiranade

Sato in Mei chan's shitsuji/Mei chan's Butler
ZX6CN0.jpg
honestly i don't like sato's hairstyle in this dorama but it's fun watch his annoying side in this character :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for posting @hiranade. I haven't watched that and Mr. Brain yet.

Sato Takeru Staff Report: posted at 11:00, Feb 28th, 2015

tumblr_nkeu42dO2v1s0d0yno1_r1_500.jpg

~translation~

Shooting ‘Tenno no Ryoriban (Emperor’s Cook’) Now!!

Hello, everybody. Today we’re going to report the shooting site of the TBS drama ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’, which will start in April☆

Takeru is studying the script seriously in the cold weather at the shooting site. Click☆

(Photo)

Takeru is challenging a role of a cook for the first time and he’s having a lot of practice of cooking earnestly
Band-aids are essential at the shooting site …

It will be aired on April and he has a long way to go. Please continue to support him!! Please look forward to Takeru’s knife cuts that he’s been spending hours learning with heart and soul, too!!

We’ll post another report from the shooting site of ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ next time, too♪

That’s all for today’s staff report!!

Translated by Stephany-310 tumblr

Here are some photos of Takeru Sato from the photobook of his 2012 play, "Romeo and Juliet" with Ishihara Satomi
photo credit: takerustaff at baidu sato takeru

tumblr_nkh36yAg8Y1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkh36yAg8Y1u0s9l5o2_540.jpg

tumblr_nkh36yAg8Y1u0s9l5o3_540.jpg

tumblr_nkh36yAg8Y1u0s9l5o4_540.jpg

tumblr_nkh36yAg8Y1u0s9l5o5_540.jpg

tumblr_nkh36yAg8Y1u0s9l5o6_540.jpg

Here's an article about the play:

Sato Takeru and Ishihara Satomi talk "Romeo & Juliet"
April 30, 2012

"Romeo & Juliet" is going to mark the debut stage play for Sato, who commented, "My excitement is going through the roof. Of course I'm also very anxious, but at the same time I cannot wait for people to finally be able to see this play." Ishihara agreed with him and added, "I really want everyone to experience the beautiful set, music, outfits and words as soon as possible."

Of course not everything was easy for Sato when getting into his first starring role in a stage play. "I've never thought that I would have such hardship," he revealed. "However, I want to work as hard as possible, so that I won't have any regrets later on!" When asked about some of the more difficult parts of the production, he said, "I have to use words that I usually don't use, which makes it difficult to get into the right feeling. Instead of expressing my feelings between the lines, it's important to put my feelings into every single word, which was very difficult for me."

About his co-star Ishihara, he commented, "She possesses an overwhelming aura. The moment when Romeo and Juliet fall in love at first sight was a new and overwhelming experience for me, but thanks Ishihara's incredibly convincing performance, I was able to feel it inside me as well."

For Ishihara, on the other hand, this moment didn't seem to be feel too new. "Everyone understands what it feels like to fall in love at first sight," she explained and revealed, "I've already experienced it as well."

Then Ishihara returned the favor and praised his acting. "Please have a self-confidence, Sato!" she said. "He had memorized his lines since the first practice sessions and is able to recite them very well." She continued, "He's a person who carefully puts a lot of emotions into his acting without making it look fake. I'm glad that I was able to work with such a person for this play."

They also talked about the inevitable kiss scene during the play. Sato revealed, "When we stared with the practice, I always wondered when we would try the kiss scene, when director Jonathan Munby suddenly told us to do it. It happened at an earlier rehearsal than I planned, although my plan to create a fresh kiss scene didn't really bear any fruits, it does feel like a good scene. (laughs)".

Ishihara just smiled and replied, "Yes, it is."

The public performances for "Romeo & Juliet" in Tokyo will begin on May 2nd and end on May 27th. Right after that, the performances in Osaka will begin on May 31st and end on June 10th.

Sources: Walkerplus, Oricon, Mantanweb
credit: tokyohive

Takeru san with the famous bronze statue of Juliet in Verona, Italy.
There is a tradition for tourists who seek luck in love to touch the right breast of Juliet. Alas, he did it too! >.<

He also brought flowers to the Tomb of Juliet or Tomba di Giuletta in Verona.

tumblr_nkh67jJ58s1u0s9l5o1_400.jpg

tumblr_nkh67jJ58s1u0s9l5o2_500.jpg

Takeru san at the Shakespeare’s Globe Theater in London
Just the right place to say the lines of Romeo on stage. ^^

trivia: Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London England is a replica of the original theatre which was destroyed by fire in 1613.  Visitors to the theatre can experience the writer’s plays as they were intended - in the round.

source: londonengland

tumblr_nkh6iarv4W1u0s9l5o1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkh6iarv4W1u0s9l5o2_500.jpg

tumblr_nkh6iarv4W1u0s9l5o3_400.jpg

tumblr_nkh6iarv4W1u0s9l5o4_500.jpg

Guest hiranade

@pechumori; he is a trouble-maker in that dorama, annoying and at same times so silly :D
in mr.brain he only does special appereance at ep 4.
do u have pictures of his movie with Ayase Haruka? until now I never watch that movie

g6DTCa.jpg

hi @hiranade. thank you for the info on the two dramas.
I have not watched "Real" yet. If I come across the pictures, i will post them here.

Gosh, I've been busy and have not posted for a week.
I have a lot of catching up to do then.

Desk calendar for March 1, 2015
credit: weibo satoh takeru

tumblr_nkhoc9XCti1u0s9l5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nkhoc9XCti1u0s9l5o2_500.jpg

tumblr_nkhoc9XCti1u0s9l5o3_500.jpg

Sato Takeru speaking English to Singapore fans heart emoticon + trailer of his 2013 movie Real
cr: Encore Films

I did catch the movie and his performance in there was great! Just that the movie story went a bit confusing midway and lost me a bit then... but I was still staring at Sato Takeru delivering his lines.... aww so perfect he was!

There were several news articles that were released when Takeru Sato went to Korea in 2012 for the BIFF together with Director Keishi Otomo to promote “Rurouni Kenshin”. Since it is his birth month, I will post a few of them if the time permits. ^^

The Korean press always report about the celebrities’ “airport fashion” when they arrive or depart from the airport. Surprisingly, there were only two pictures of Takeru san that came out when he arrived. Here is an excerpt of the article reporting his arrival in Busan, Korea

Japanese actor Takeru Sato came for the “Busan International Film Festival”
translated by Pechumori
121004 (excerpt)

tumblr_nklezlzaSp1u0s9l5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nklezlzaSp1u0s9l5o2_500.jpg

On Oct. 4, 2012, Japanese actor Takeru Sato came to Busan, Korea to attend the 17th Busan International Film Festival and showcased his airport Fashion at the Busan Gimhae International Airport,

Meanwhile, the 17th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) will be held for 10 days starting from Oct. 4 to 13, where 304 movies from 75 countries will be screened in 37 theaters including the Busan Cinema Center.

credit: newsen

Guest hiranade

@LoveSG:sankyuu f' the pic, so now I knew the tittle of that movie :D
and must watch it ^^
@Pechumori: welcome back, we always wait u'r update :)

Archived