Hana Yori Dango 2 - 花より男子2

Guest 4tang

Guest ookikioo

hey does anyone know what clubbox has hana yori dango 2 hardsubbed??? i want to burn it for my parents but the gknee links dont work anymore :(

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saeyun

Meteor Garden was my first ever Asian drama, and people usually say that no matter how bad your gateway drama was, it's still beautiful in your eyes.

I have to say, though, that Hana Yori Dango beat the socks off the MG crew.

First of all, the ending of HYD2 provided the closure that MGII pathetically did not bring.

Domyoji and Makino seriously end up happy, even the whole situation with his position as heir is settled. And oh my goodness that last scene really brought it full circle with her describing the F4 guys. ^^ :blush:

The amnesia part in HYD2 wasn't dragged out as it was in MGII, and there was no deviously long trip to Spain that made me want to bang my head against a wall. There were just the right number of twists and I think justice was served with those mean third-wheelers like Umi. :crazy:

道明寺+牧野=♥!

I agree with you. I think HYD2 gave justice to the story well compared to MG2.

Seriously, I watched it (I meant the MG) because I was really curious about it, and also, it was the first Asian (I think) that was aired here in the Philippines.

It really paved the way for other asian dramas.

Another thing is that the story of HYD didnt have any draggy scenes unlike MG2.

Although I'm a fan of Rui and wanted him to get paired up with Makino,

but I was still satisfied with the way things turned out. Doumyouji really matured a lot and would fight for his love even though he was almost disowned by his mother that he calls *evil witch".

Overall... HYD season 1 & 2 were just MAD GREAT!!!

Guest ~*saranghe*~

Ahhhh I'm almost done the drama but I can't find episode 10 and 11! Can someone PLEASE send me a download link for those on either MU or Sendspace or Fileshare?!?!

- Kudos!

Guest rei_smasher

Ahhhh I'm almost done the drama but I can't find episode 10 and 11! Can someone PLEASE send me a download link for those on either MU or Sendspace or Fileshare?!?!

- Kudos!

try sars

Guest lynaz

i just finished watching HYD2 last nite.. and it was awesome!!

i like HYD better than MG..

HYD is much more funnier than MG..

and i hate MG2.. the girl in MG2 (i forgot her name) kinda annoying.

and the its too long and dreading..

but of course, dao ming shi is the best! :woot:

i love hanazawa rui! im a BIG fan of him..

oh! oguri shun :drools:

he is so hot!! i like how he called makino's name in HYD2.. "ma-ki-no.."

arghh.. i want him!!

but i also like domyoji of course.

at first when i watched HYD1, i didnt really like domyoji.. coz he's an idiot..

but he turns out to be sweet yet still maintain his idiotic-ness.

its funny how he sucks in japanese yet he doesnt realise it.

overall, its a must watch jdrama!!! its worth it..

i love hanazawa rui! im a BIG fan of him..

oh! oguri shun :drools:

arghh.. i want him!!

omg. i know exactly what you mean. that whole "ma-ki-no" thing i think i replayed it at least 3x. and that kiss scene in the hospital was just so so so cute <33333 i personally think that rui and makino are the better couple...

this is my first drama with oguri shun and needless to say, i'll probably look for more of his in the future. he's an amazing actor.

the whole mysterious aura rui gives off here is just HOT. hell if i was makino, i would go with him.

but i also like domyoji of course.

at first when i watched HYD1, i didnt really like domyoji.. coz he's an idiot..

but he turns out to be sweet yet still maintain his idiotic-ness.

its funny how he sucks in japanese yet he doesnt realise it.

overall, its a must watch jdrama!!! its worth it..

i didn't like him at first either.. cuz he throws temper tantrums like a little kid and makes makino wait for him for like ever.. and cannot express his feelings whatsoever.. but in the end, it kinda came out cute. he's a sweetie inside. i felt like jun did a good job playing this role.

makino kinda reminds me of shin che gyung (yoon eun hye) from goong at some angles anyway.. anyone else felt that? i didn't realize it until my goong-crazed brother pointed it out.

overall, i liked the cast, the storyline and just overall the drama. (even the side romances! they were cute too <3) there are so much emotions mixed into it, it's a drama worth the time. (and it hardly drags! omg. lifesavior right there. krn dramas can go on and on and on with the girl bouncing back between two guys to the point where it pisses me off. glad this one didn't have that..well not as long as kdramas do anyway)

kudos to all main cast for a wonderful job <3

oh. but i do have a question about HYD3... is it going to be made? 0.o? i felt that HYD2's ending served as a good end for the entire drama.. if it is, and shun is probably not going to be playing rui right? but i heard that shun got the role of rui because jun said that he would not be playing his role without shun being rui... so does that mean season three (if it was to take place) has major characters changing? 0.o?

Guest chae_shin

i super love this series <hyd 1 and 2>... the ending for hyd 2 was too perfect! i was even overwhelmed by tsukasa's proposal! it was so sweet! wee... i feel giddy all over!

i super like... tsukasa's sister! --> always on the go to help! yay!

and i wonder what's gonna happen to jiroh's and yuki's relationship? hehe...

i hope there is a hyd 3... life after school! hehehe....

im still in the process of watching HYD 2... and like the rest of you Oguri shun is a total darling... his like the kindest member of F4. The others all too sweet too, and Jun! You nasty Jun but your so darn good as tsukasa. But im digging Matsuda too. His like hawt! I wonder too about Yuki and his relationship?... :sweatingbullets:

And yeah the dorama does not drag it gets straight to the point.

Is it true about the rumours of HYD 3? I really wish!!

Guest bohemianheart.

I love this drama. Rui is hotness! LOL.

; but i have only gotten to episode 6. I'm

watching it on Crunchyroll right now. <333.

I cried when Makino called Tsukasa on the phone. and was

like "We haven't talked on this for a long time".... OMFG i was

crying along with her ; it was so sad. T_____T.

Now, back to watching ehehe. ; )

Guest OBSCURE Sin

I finally finished this a couple of days ago. It was a nightmare to find downloads that werent torrents. I loved it so much and feel like watching the whole thing over again :lol:

I love Jun and Shun.

yeah *_* I love Tsukasa but Rui's so mysterious and hot.

Guest UNINSPIRED.

I watched this and HYD from yesterday to today. I honestly have to say that both were really good! <3 I thought that parts of HYD2 were a bit annoying, though. I guess I just really didn't like how Makino just kept giving up.

This dorama was such an experience. I'm kind of sad that it's over but I'll definitely be watching more of Matsumoto Jun's and Oguri Shun's doramas. They're both so amazing. <3

Guest barneyashley

I am so in love with this series . HYD 1 &2 are simply the best . As usually the sequel is no good but this is not the case for this one . Once you got into it , you have to do a marathon as you will not be able to stop which means that no homeworks will be done and you will be on probation with your parents ...

SHUN OGOURI as Rui .

Need I say more ??? He is the most charming character in HYD , and Shun brough him to life with ease and perfectly done .

From his looks to his smiles - to his own mysterious aura that he created around him - to his fashions mostly in white - white shirt when he played violin , white suit when he was at Shizuka party , white coat , white cap and white shoes when he was with Maniko ,.and he always had a scrarf as well .... He carried them with grace . He looks so SEXY and CLASSY at the same time ...

Even his bedroom is also like him . THose big windows with loosy hang sheer curtain so dreamy like and yet , it reflects his own personality , empty , roomy , airy , so mysterious as he had no other things that clutter around , so clean and so romantic like him . One can imagine to spend a quiet afternoon with Rui and no need for anything else but Rui himself .

At first he was annoyed as Maniko invaded his favourite spot to vent out her frustration and anger . But later , he was astounded to see this litte girl dared to stand up for her friend in front of the almighty Domojoji - the leader of F4 and also his best friend . He also happened to rescue this weird girl from Domoyoji's bullies and those nasty rich girls .

At that time , He did not know that he 'd already falling for this Maniko as he was in love with his senior who was so beautiful and nice beyond dreams - Shizuka . Or so he thought , but he talked to Shizuka about Maniko that even Shizuka was so curious to know as Rui had never done such thing like this before .

Rui was indifferent to things that happened around him. He was in the F4 group , but he was always alone , sitting far away from other or in a corner to read books and magazine , he did not participate in those bullies but he did nothing to help the victims either . But he started to change when he was with Maniko .He was mad at Maniko as she was a straight forward girl , she would do unspeakable things just to help her friend out whereas with Rui , he 'd always the impassive type and living in his own wold that nobody could undrestand . But Makino brought out the other side of him , to fight for his love and to speak up about his feelings .

In reality , Maniko should be with Rui ( I am a hard core fan for this couple Rui / Maniko since episode 1 )

as he was there for her whenever she was in need . Rui was also Maniko 's first love . Rui had always been a white knight in shining armour came for her when she was down and they understand each other so well , Maniko was comfortable with Rui and she made him laughed - who could forget the scene that Rui caught her in the restroom with her pantie down ? Rui could talk to Maniko almost about anything where he could not share his thoughts with Shizuka , the one that he thought he loved dearly .

The way Rui looked at Maniko and calling her name so gentle . He had never yelled and now , he yelled and punched Domoyoji since Domoyoji hurt Maniko so much . Many would think that he was so wrong to butt in when he knew that Maniko and Domoyoji were still have feelings for each other , but to me , I think Maniko changed his ways of thinking a lot as before he would never done that .. He 'd always left things to the last minutes and he regretted that he had lost Maniko's love . He witnessed all Maniko grieves right from the start . He regretted that he did not act much earlier or to admit his own feelings for Maniko till it was too late when he was back from France .

The best part was when he was in the hospital with Maniko . He hold her hand all night long and in the morning , openned his eyes with such a cute yawn . Maniko should have fallen for Rui right there and then...

I was sad when he had to give up Maniko but it is a noble thing to do for his best friend . Shun Ogouri reminds me a lot of So Ji Sub . They are so similar with their quiet looks and their eyes are so expressive without needing to say much , but we would fall for them fast ...

JUN MATSUMOTO as Domoyoji .

If there is such a cocky , arrogant , self- centered , violent , rottenly pampered brat then you will see it in Domoyoji .

Jun is THE DOMOYOJI boy . He is so perfect in his role that you could not help but HATE him so bad in the first episode when he bullied others and using money as a way to buy off people like his Mom did . The way he carried himself make you wonder , how could one like him ? And yet , as the story unfold , he started to grow on you and in the end , you falling for him hopelessly and sincerly wishing that his mother would stop all her evils deeds to let him have Makino .

He baited Makino and he also admired her spunky spirits for declaring war on him with no fears . He used all the tactics that he could to bully her but he could not break her spirits . He did not know how to show his feelings or saying the right things but when Maniko was concerned , he would fight for her fiercely .

He was so clumsy and so dorky . He fell for Maniko so hard and all the things that he did to win Maniko over is so hilarious .

He wanted a smile from Makino so badly after he dressed her all up but all he got was a heavily scolding from this spunky girl and he got all jealous when Maniko gave Rui a beautiful smile at the party when Rui told her how beautiful she was .

He learned by the hard way to protect his love . WHen he was with others , he was loud and acted so cool that you hate him , but when he was alone , facing his troubles , he was such a different person . He was more mature somehow . His Mom kept blackmailing him all the time about the future of the company , let him have the burden of being the heir of the Domoyoji empire .. and yet he cared for his employees and in the end , he was willing to leave all so he could be with Maniko .

THe way he kept Maniko's biscuit - he loving looked at it when he missed her and then he had to throw it out as he was trying hard to fullfill his duty as being a Domoyoji ... He was in so much pain . He asked Shigeru to go out with him , his eyes were full of pain , his face was full of sadness or even when he saw Rui was in the hopital room with Maniko , he went home and his Mom gave him another dosage of guilts , he had to scream as he could not do anything for Maniko .

At the same time , he was so jealous with Rui . To me , I was happy at the end that he was with Maniko because he 'd proven that he was worthy for her love :

- He fought for her love fiercely . He fought with his Mom and made sure that in the end , he would carry out the deal than to let Maniko suffered . He'd rather to be hurt than to see Maniko hurt by his Mom .

- Whoever bad mouth about Maniko , he would not let it go .Even though he calling her names ,but it was the way he showed his love

-He believed in her 100% and not for one minute that he wold waver his love for her .

-He was actually a loner himself , he only opened up with Maniko and only Maniko that he kissed and hugged . If you pay attention in the wholes series , Akira , Sojiro and Rui had beautiful women around them and kissed the girls , but Domoyoji was alway sitting by himself ( only once when he called Maniko to the club , he had 2 women with him but he did not embraced them like Rui or Akira ). The first time that they accidently kissed , it had a big impact on him , he was trying to denied , but he had already loved Maniko .

- He was the amighty Domoyoji who had never said apolpogy to anybody and the most touching scene in HYD2 has to be the scene that he was on his knees and begging Rui to give up on Maniko so he would not loose a dear friend and the girl that he loved so much .

-He had amesia . He forgot about Makino , but as soon as he heard that Makino was out in the blizard , acted by instinct , he went out to rescue her without thinking why and so in the end , they were together once again after all the heartaches caused by his Mom , he still wanting to be at her side .

Domoyoji was a bad boy , but his life had turn upside down once he met his match . He was so cute in his childish way when he was with Maniko . He was so happy when they both had time together , sharing a hot dog which they could not do in NY . And how he helped Susumu for his first love was so dear . He did not have much experience with women so he had to ask for Akira and Sojuri 's expertise ...He became a caring person and not like before , only thingking for himself only .

The wedding proposal is awsome . Again it showed this was Domoyoji's style ... over the top and so grand . I do not mind that he did not present her with a ring as he would do it in his own private way , but one thing I wished for was the KISS in the cabin , I do not know why the PD did not have it done as it is a must ... The way Domoyoji looked at her so happy that he was in her arms at last ... and yet , he only hugged her which is not right . I would expect a passionate kiss but was so disspapointed when none was done.

The way he dressed was so DOMOYOJI as no one could get away with those loud silk shirts and pointed shoes but he looked so good in it . He wore mostly leather jackets - brown , black , purple , white , black and boy , with all of those silvery and gold outfits and somehow they fit him well . And his rings , the way he wore it on his finger is so COOL .

Or how he sat at the table writing letter to Rui and Makino was so childished but he was so adorable .

Or how he could not say sorry to Rui about offending Shizuka , instead he gave a powerfull perfomance at the Narita Airport when Rui was on the way to France was so touching . He loved Rui very much , too . Rui was his best friend , even though Rui was the quiet one , but Domoyoji cared for Rui most .

He did not want to lose Rui over Maniko as he wanted to keep both and by saying sorry to Rui -and on his knees , it showed that Domoyoji was truly sincered with his words .

I just love Jun Matsumoto . He could portrait Domoyoji so well . The way he was so cocky when he bullied ohters , the way he stuttered when he was with Makino... The way he looked at Rui and Makino when Rui first came back from France and he saw Rui hugged Makino at the staircase and then calmly told others that Rui would not be in F4 .. the way he acted so stupidly happy when he got a call from Maniko , the way he hugged her to make up that resulted a broken floor , the way he was in so much agony when he had to ask SHigeru out and to see Rui was with Maniko instead of him ..the way that he had to wait for her to come to Sibeyu Garden , the way he was so embarassed when he could not pay for Maniko .. he sat right down on the pavement ...the way he was so stunned when Sigeru broke off the marrige for him ..... Jun delivered it ALL ....

You hate him ay first and yet , you lLOVE him to death in the end .

MAO INOUE as Maniko .

This tomboy girl who wished for a peaceful 2 years at Eitoku Highschool was was done for when she stood up for her friend and declared war to a nasty boy - Domoyoji .Maniko was from apoor background but she was a proud one . She did not let money blind her like others rich girls around here and always stand up for justice .

She fell in love with Rui first , her white Knight but she hold it back when she found out that Rui was in love with Shizuka . Bravely she faced Shizuka with a request to stay back so Rui could be happy . WIth Maniko , things could not be simple as Maniko is Maniko , who would always protect the weak and scorn the bullies .

Maniko 's life got in to a mess once she entered the crazy life of Domoyoji and disturbed Rui's perfect calm world . Unintentionally , she turned their life upside down and having both guys wooing and helping her through the calamities that Domoyoji's Mom plotted for her .

I do not know how Maniko could handle all of the pressures . Like she said , she was like a weed but how much could a weed handle ? Maniko was so lucky to have F4 to help her and best of all , the one that she hated most was the one who believed in her most . Domoyoji believed in her so much that he dared to make a deal with his Mom , a deal that kept them apart for a year and in the end , Makino had to admit that she also would believe in Domoyoji with his promise .

Mao did such a good job as Makino . She fought , she laughed and she was so nervous whenever Rui was trying to give her a kiss , but when it came to Domoyoji , she could not reason , she could not help herself to forget him , she could not followed her head . She was trying hard to break up with him so many times as she did not want any more innocents to be hurt . She was a sensible girl .

Mao portraits Maniko suited her to a T . You can feel the warmth or the determination or the sadness or the stubborness from Mao .

She had good chemistry with both leading men . When she was with Rui , her days were so smooth and calm . Those scenes when Mao with Shun were so gentle and romantic as Shun with his beautiful smiles and he looked at her with those loving eyes make you want more and more of him to kiss Mao ....They do not need to say much but you could feel love is in the air ...

And then , as soon as she confront with the nasty Domoyoji , sparks were flying off everywhere , it was so exciting to see both of them together as they sure created a lot of heat whenever they were together , a lot of mishaps happened and even Makiono had to admit to Rui that a date with Domoyoji was a date from hell ...

It is hard to have good chemistry like that as Jun and Mao gave us feelings as if that they were real . You laughed at Domoyoji 's idiotic behaviours as he was so dorky and you feel for him when he was apart from Maniko . As soon as both of them were on screen , you knew that something was about to happen and you just can not wait for it .

I wanted for her to end with Rui badly and yet , I could not deny the love between Maniko and Domoyoji ....It is so torn to choose who she would choose . But I just wonder , if she chose Rui , would Rui 's parents accept Maniko of who she is ? Or due to society class , she would have the same problems like she did with Domoyoji ? And would Rui fight for her the same way that Domoyoji did ?

I think this is the best of the best ... May be because I like happy ending and to see Domoyoji and Makino were together at the end with a grand proposal of Domyoji's style is so awsome .

I wish that Shun and Mao will have another project together as they have such good chemistry together .

Guest strawberrynkiwi

^^ WOAH... long post. when i have time i will read it.

makino kinda reminds me of shin che gyung (yoon eun hye) from goong at some angles anyway.. anyone else felt that? i didn't realize it until my goong-crazed brother pointed it out.

Not the only one. I thought so too. Makino's character reminded me of CG's character.

Guest bohemianheart.

OMFG OMFG OMFG!

;;;;; I love this drama. but i didn't see the first part. I just skipped right away to the second part. But i don't really care LOL. Because this drama is truly amazing. meteor garden was too long ; but i liked this one better. maybe because there were hotter guys in this one. ehehe. Rui is hotness! as you can see in my siggy. domoyoji & makino are so cute together. they are destined to be together.

;;;; at the end when he lost his memory i was 0-----------0 this cannot happen to me! I was waiting for so long for him to remember why why oh why did that Umi girl or whatever have to lie to him. no wonder why Rui doesn't like her. She's such a bad person. and she even kissed him. i just wanted to slap her across her face and just shake her to death. lol. But anywhoo ; he started to remember from that rain part ; which i did not see. but he was so cute, and shivering like a baby. and i just started crying right there because he was so sad to look at.

;;;;;; i cried in that one part when she called him and was like " well we haven't used this phone in a long time"... and she was crying so much. T______T that was the saddest part ever! I love it how Rui was always there for her ; he's so sweet to her. and so darling. LOL. I'm going crazy for him.

This drama is truly amazing! they should come up with a Third part! It'll be so amazing.

Guest samgirl

admittedly this series didn;t appeal to me before, actually it was my sister who watched this first and downloaded all its episodes on our PC. I am a Meteor Garden baby! with F4 and all. The first time I saw her watching and asked her what series it is , she told me that it is MG version in Japan. I asked her to show me the f4 version of them since I thought to myself, there is no WAYYY!!! that they can match up with Taiwan's f4! I didn't like them at first, loved Mao though she is much prettier that barbie =)

But as I progressed in watching HYD 1 and 2 is surprisingly good! I couldn't stop watching both seasons in one seating. I watched it non stop , Jun and Oguri pulled off their role very well, I must say I've become a fan of both and mao too! I loved HYD and MG on the same level. HYD made me fall inlove again with the story and with the characters. If you will ask me w/c is better?? I'd say both. I cannot choose one in favor of the other. I love Jun matsumoto, Oguri, Mao, Jerry, Vic!

Guest xiaoxing04

anyone know where to download Flavor of Life by Utada Hikaru?

thanks..

try esnips.com.. i've been listening to their ost like crazy..i just can't decide which i liked better,, meteor garden or hana yori dango..just that i LOVE mg and its the series that started my addiction for asian dramas and stuff...but i'lll be terribly biased if i didn't say that hyd wasn't that good...actually its the best dorama ive seen so far..waahhh...

Guest naomz

i soooooooooooooooooooo loooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is really cute! and yes i love it more than MG. well i didn't finish watching MG coz i didn't quite like the screenplay. but i love the taiwan f4 :)

the japan f4 are not really that hotties but they're adorable in their own ways! i love soujiroh most though, not knowing that his character is same with that of ken in MG! it's really cute coz ken is my fave f4 member!

anyway, HYD2 really made me cry! especially when tsukasa went looking for tsukushi when tsukushi looked for yuki because of that silly gurl umi! that was really sweet of tsakasa

especially that he has an amnesia! love is really amazing, no?!

would you know if there will be season3?

Archived