Clannad After Story

Guest RnBaddict

Guest DarkAngelInLove

The ending... I don't understand, did they die? Then the last episode is like a "What if" thing?

Guest Fallin_st4rz

The ending... I don't understand, did they die? Then the last episode is like a "What if" thing?

hmm me neither but thats what i also thot too.... was hopin if some1 cud tell me :)

Guest Take Five

to be as literal as possible, ushio in the illusionary world gives tomoya a chance to grant his wish using the light orbs/miracles he collected. but it could easily be up to your interpretation too since it is pretty abstract.

• 1 month later...
Guest PocketOtaku

I'm always crying so much at the end of every episode. =[[[[

Season 1 and season 2.

I think I'm gonna watch the movie after I finish season 2.

Guest latiana2003

omg, i just watched this last night... i was crying so much from episodes 16-21 (especially 18 & 21)

it's seriously probably the only anime that will ever make me that emotional..

and it really makes you look at how precious life is.

best anime series i've ever seen

i told a lot of my friends about it (and they dont even like anime) and they want to see it now lol

they were shocked that there was actually an anime this sad lol.. since most of them tend to be quite happy, funny or action driven

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kero Tialis

This anime is my favorite. I never get tired of watching it and the art is amazing. I cry from some of the episodes too (and I'm supposed to be a guy, lols).

Those that didn't get the ending, when you play the actual visual novel for Clannad there's parts in the Illusionary World where you must collect light orbs. At the end if you've collected enough then when Ushio dies at the end, you can use the light orbs to grant the wish to bring her back. It's complicated but you'll get it after a while i guess.

Also during the 1st and 2nd season they continue to mention things like "There's a legend about this town, that if you see a light and grab it, it will grant one wish" or something like that. During episodes 5 and 6 i think (with Shima and Misae), that thing that lets Shima grant a wish is a light orb too.

I'm gonna watch this again because it's so dang good :o

• 1 month later...
Guest lolle_luver

Clannad after story was so much better than the first. the first had some boring bits. but after story moved on at a much faster pace.. so sad ! i dont know why i didnt cry though xD!

• 9 months later...
Guest knockblock

Alright, so I got burnt out finishing the whole thing. Spent 2-3 days to focus on After Story and one other anime I'm gettng caught up to date with. After Story amazed from start to finish.

Below are my thoughts on the parts with the secondary characters.

The Mei (I guess Sunohara as well) part - It had some lols with Sunohara having a fake girlfriend. Nagisa's mom pretending to be Sunohara's girlfriend and Tomoya pretending that him and Mei are boyfriend/girlfriend. This one had the most lighthearted stuff out of all the secondary character parts. Not to go without the more serious parts. When it got to the problems with Sunohara it became more intense.

The Misae Sagara part - Touching story with her past. I guess it was kind of a love story. The boy she didn't have big feelings for at first turns out to be someone she became to hold dearly of at second sight. What love there could have been. He vanished before her. Before she could share any more with him. Misae never knew the cat that she has is that boy until she was told. Wonder how she lives knowing that.

The Yukine Miyazawa part - Out of all of the secondary charcters, I thought she (and her arc) was the best. I was fond of her character and personality. Yukine appears to be well respected by many people around her. She was like a really nice person. Yukine had it tough with two gangs who fought with each other who are both her friends. I was happy for her when she got her wish in having the two gangs come to peace with each other. She deserved it.

There was the Yusuke Yoshino part. It tied in with when Tomoya gets a job. Yusuke's story grabbed me. I can relate to how he felt about the passion he had and problem he went through. He went away from what he liked doing. I can say that I've felt that way one time and it can make you feel bad. Yusuke told Tomoya to not lose sigh of what goal he had or something like that. The Yoshino part, where he felt and expressed the way he did about himslf reminds me somewhat of myself.

I have the other parts that I will talk about. Including Ushio along with the final moments of the series. But I'll give it a break for the moment and then come back for it. Still more to say. Will come back after this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chococat1221

It's been more than half a year since I watched this xD

One of the most emotional animes... Ever..

Guest bababrandino

Clannad AS...best anime ever.

Here's some explanation for those who 1) haven't played the game or 2) just don't freakin get the ending:

clannadtvtimelinediagram.png

It's great for visual people haha.

Archived