Snsd Tae Yeon Causes Uproar Over Comments...

Guest un.mei

Guest vanggirlie

i can see it from both sides. i think she should have resolved this problem with the hospital/clinic instead of talking about it publicly...with that said i can understand why she felt that way. what a situation to be in.

the alicia keys thing...i know a lot of asian parents (elderly) say that kind of thing but growing up in america you know it's just not the thing to say.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Taeyeon should think of the nurse's side of story? Perhaps that was the first time of that nurse get to eat her meal on that day? The nurse was not rude, she even asked Taeyeon to lay on bed first if she felt really bed, it's not that she left Taeyeon just like that. Kang In in my opinion, is of no help too (in the conversation).

About the Alicia Keys thing... man... black people are pretty! If not, there would not be Miss Universe finalists from African countries where the girls are black! People like Taeyeon should not judge skin colour in determining beauty. You've got to see through the colour! -_-"

Guest baby-swts

I knew something was off about the translations. :|

Can anyone provide more accurate, COMPLETE translations so we all know what REALLY happened?

*nods head*

so many mis-translations -_-

jeess chris lol

taeyeons a sweet adorable girl she wouldnt be like that

Perhaps Taeyeon should think of the nurse's side of story? Perhaps that was the first time of that nurse get to eat her meal on that day? The nurse was not rude, she even asked Taeyeon to lay on bed first if she felt really bed, it's not that she left Taeyeon just like that. Kang In in my opinion, is of no help too (in the conversation).

About the Alicia Keys thing... man... black people are pretty! If not, there would not be Miss Universe finalists from African countries where the girls are black! People like Taeyeon should not judge skin colour in determining beauty. You've got to see through the colour! -_-"

hahaha this reminds me of some of the thing even the super junior fans are saying...

many fans think that a written apology is not sufficient especially bc a lot of written thigns aren't really written by them. x:

so many fans are saying "i believe you will give a proper apology oppa" x:

i think many fans think that kangin should have stopped it being around the radio scene longer and a senior...

but instead he fanned the flames x:

Guest SuperKyle

Taeyeon basically said she saw all the messages and she's sorry that it was HER fault for getting sick.

Soy, this isnt making it much better... :unsure:

tranlsate the other comment about Alicia Keys because i dont know whether

to trust if it could be from some undercover SONE[sTAND]..... thats the only one im doubtful,

because translations usually mix up words.... the hospital one i could let slide but i dont know about the other if its true...

v v v v i havent seen anyone judge her as a bad person from this misunderstanding, they just want Taeyeon to consider her actions

^ the story changes completely

Reading the conversation, it sounded like she was just complaining and honestly if she was in that much pain, I'm sure the nurse wouldn't have ignore her like that. Maybe the nurse didn't think it was urgent and she could wait.

There are procedures for giving shots too and maybe the available doctor was out. The main point is that she wasn't dying... not even close. If a person came in and he was bleeding to death I'm sure that same nurse would have done something immediately but since that wasn't the case...

Celebrities have to wait too <_<

And also even if it was the nurses fault, the fact that she was about to tell everyone not to go to a specific hospital because of her one experience just makes her sound like a brat. She's abusing her celebrity status to get things her way. If she really had an issue with the hospital then she should complain directly to the hospital. Just imagine that if she did say the name of the hospital on air, people would stop going there and all the employees and staff members would suffer based on what that one nurse did. It's not fair.

And that racist comment... wow. Just wow.

Guest liltickle

She's just telling her story, about she needed medical attention and yet no one could give her a quick shot...Kangin also agreed with her...If I was Taeyeon, I might as well make a scene because if I was in pain and no one or that nurse was busy eating, what if something happened...You know when you're in pain, things seems to go wrong, for me anyways, like mood swings...Taeyeon held it in, because she's SNSD, idol star...But hey I also agree with Taeyeon, it's her story and she is the one telling it...Why can't she tell it?

For those defending Taeyeon, she could be victimizing herself. After all, it is bias.

As for the Alicia Keys thing, I suggest she thinks before she speaks.

-edit-

By the way, I think it's common sense not to walk into a hospital and demand for a shot and actually get one right when asked. The doctor wasn't in.

It's normal for people to wait in hospitals. Everyone does it -.-;; Now, if she made an APPOINTMENT, that would've been a different story.

I'd be pretty hesitant if there is no authority figure telling me what to do (after all, she was a nurse, not a doctor) and a person just comes in asking for a shot, claiming she's in "pain" when it's actually my lunch break and the only time I can clock out before the rest of my hectic schedule at the hospital restarts again with the never ending accompaniment of sick patients.

^ I'm just saying that that's a possibility ^^;; I'm not defending the nurse or hating on Taeyeon, but if I were in the nurses' shoes, I'd probably make her wait... especially since she hasn't made an appointment.

I think her story was just told because... she felt like she needed to vent?

But everything was being aired... for everyone to hear, haha.

bout the hospital thingy it's not really her fault she feels very sicj not to mention she has like TONS activities to do so yeah i can see her in very bad condition, you will know if you watch chinchin

she had a "bad" experience and just sharing it, well she's better than my Family >.< i have like 4 doctors in my family but the non doctors one will be like ASDFGHJK if the hospital treated them like there's nothing going on while we're bout to faint or feel really sick, beside i think ppl will be so sensitive when they're sick and being treated like nothing's happen, im also like that >.<

bout alicia keys hmmm idk if she's not aware that this kinda statement could be considered racist or just mistaken saying that

im sure she will clear things up

but Alicia does so pretty lol XD i love her ^^

dont judge her as bad person that fast tho, why ppl love to make a quick judgment

one of the replies bout junjin wa, huh? she never said anything bout junjin dance @_@

Guest __jinnny-shi.

the hospital part was okay, because who on earth would want to wait to get a shot when they are so sick? they just want to get it over with.

but the comments about black people, really offensive.

Guest talksound

i honestly don't care how she felt or what she said, it's just the fact that she took this PUBLICLY and said it live ON AIR, so that was a stupid mistake on her part. say what you want to whoever you want, just don't do it publicly. DUH.

that racist comment... i'm not surprised, even if it's from her. totally uncalled for, and major bashing will ensue.

taeyeons a sweet adorable girl she wouldnt be like that

o, and i'm sure you know her REAL well. :rolleyes:

Soy, this isnt making it much better... :unsure:

tranlsate the other comment about Alicia Keys because i dont know whether

to trust if it could be from some undercover SONE[sTAND]..... thats the only one im doubtful,

because translations usually mix up words.... the hospital one i could let slide but i dont know about the other if its true...

I've never read the Alicia Keys one/heard it so I wouldn't know.

Plus I still remember a certain boy band member that I won't bring up saying a certain racist comment as well .. and it wasn't even that big of a deal.

Once again another cultural difference... We're taught in the US that stuff is pure ignorance but believe me ... there's tons of racism going in Asia, not that it's any bit right, but SNSD loves Alicia Keys so it doesn't really matter, especially Sooyoung haha.

I can't do anything about the last comment because the nurses/doctors did send in a bunch of messages to Chinchin basically attacking her, and I mean sick people are moody, she's only human.

MBC Radio/SM said that Taeyeon and Kangin should have been more careful about what they said .. but they meant no harm by it.

I knew they were going to start making a big deal out of this soon .... after I heard the Chinchin for that day .. I knew problems were going to come up.

I honestly don't think Taeng was in the right state of mind when she was saying all this stuff and now she's going to have to deal with this mess.

But I don't foresee this being that big of an issue... just slow news T-T.

^ I think that translates to she's the prettiest black girl?

^

^But she said the reason the nurse gave was because SHE WAS STILL EATING. :| I think that should be cleared. If that was the reason given to me, I'd be pretty mad too!

A nurse can't give a shot to anyone right away, especially if she was still eating. She would have to get ready, wash up, clean up, etc. It obviously would've been easier if TY just went to another nurse or waited a bit. I'm also sure TY wasn't in any intense pain or needed immediate treatment.

I mean, we can't really assume anything but people should know that people don't just give shots like it's nothing.

Guest jackpot

THIS IS SO STUPID!! celebrities talk about personal life on the radio/tv ALL THE TIME!! i don't get why snsd is always targeted. Excerpts mean nothing taken out of context, and i seriously believe that ppl are exaggerating everything. personally i like listening to random conversations LOL it's not like they're hosting news segments or political stuff. it's just a music show omg <_<

well i guess im biased too cause i <3 taeyeon LOL

Guest Jamieâ„¢

i can see it from both sides. i think she should have resolved this problem with the hospital/clinic instead of talking about it publicly...with that said i can understand why she felt that way. what a situation to be in.

the alicia keys thing...i know a lot of asian parents (elderly) say that kind of thing but growing up in america you know it's just not the thing to say.

yeah .. I agree with you.

the alicia keys comment is .. well ignorant of Taeyeon. But you need to look at it in another light.. many people from Asian countries are ignorant towards other races. It's not a good thing, but it'll take time for these things to be corrected. I'm definitely disappointed in Taeyeon for saying this comment though. =T

As for the hospital thing.. I don't really understand the problem.

^ I think that translates to she's the prettiest black girl?

A nurse can't give a shot to anyone right away, especially if she was still eating. She would have to get ready, wash up, clean up, etc. It obviously would've been easier if TY just went to another nurse or waited a bit. I'm also sure TY wasn't in any intense pain or needed immediate treatment.

it doesn't not. the "치고" part makes it offensive.

so im not a fan snsd(at all), yeah yeah, ill edit if someone pms me. but i like taeyeon, she can sing.

Thing is, these girls need to control what they say. Taeyeon, who is a radio MC needs to be aware at all times of things she says, I dont think she's stupid, just a little narrow minded.

And im being nice here since my mothers a doctor. Look, just because she was in "pain" doesnt mean she has to condemn the whole bloody hospital... on a radio show.

And the Alicia Keys bit, well, she needs to watch what she says, obviously. Because that was just blatantly offensive.

REgarding the many many versions of translations about the hospital bit, the whole point of this is, that she bashed a hospital and its staff on air.

Archived