Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Drama viewership ratings for the week of October 9-15, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-october-9-15-2023/

Saturday, October 14      
Evilive 1 ENA 0.3%
Strong Girl Nam-soon 3 JTBC 8.0%
Live Your Own Life 6 KBS 14.3%
My Dearest 12 MBC 9.3%
7 Escape: War for Survival 8 SBS 6.5%
Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun 9 tvN 3.2%

Sunday, October 15      
Evilive 2 ENA 0.9%
Strong Girl Nam-soon 4 JTBC 9.8%
Live Your Own Life 7 KBS 16.8%
Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun 10 tvN 4.4%

*** Time flies so fast that it seems this drama has just begun. But, "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword Of Aramun" is heading into its final moments. Now, only the finale awaits as the series looks to close the door on this series. There are some questions that must be answered heading into the finale. The last episode was a reminder of how devious TaGon can be and what lengths he would go in order to ensure victory. While he is mighty, it's difficult to know whether he will survive as he always does or if he will finally fall in battle. Can we no longer see the horse of the heavens? Is Kanmoreu isn't truly gone? SaYa expressed his desire to marry TanYa. However, as was displayed earlier in the series, TanYa and EunSeom shared a blood-pumping romance scene that practically solidified their feelings towards each other. With two episodes left there is a chance things might change, which would force TanYa to take SaYa's hand in marriage. This question won't be answered until the final credits start to roll. Being on two opposite sides of the war and growing up in two completely different settings, SaYa and EunSeom share more differences than similarities. As the curtain closes, it will be interesting to note whether or not EunSeom and SaYa will take their brotherly bond to heart and form a budding friendship. The last question is : who will sit on the throne in the very end.    :heart1:

tvN-Arthdal-Chronicles-TaGon-Final-Momen

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors! The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between September 12 and October 12.    :kisslevel:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Han Ji Min
  2. Lee Yoo Bi
  3. Jo Bo Ah
  4. Lee Min Ki
  5. Hwang Jung Eum
  6. Lee Yoo Mi
  7. Yoon Kye Sang
  8. Rowoon
  9. Kim So Hyun
  10. Lee Sang Yeob
  11. Ryeoun
  12. Hwang Minhyun
  13. Lee Joon Gi
  14. Uhm Ki Joon
  15. Uee
  16. Ha Jun
  17. Yoo Na
  18. Park Sung Hoon
  19. Lee Joon
  20. Shin Se Kyung
  21. Girl’s Day’s Yura
  22. EXO’s Suho
  23. Kim Jung Eun
  24. Choi Hyun Wook
  25. Jang Dong Gun
  26. Seol In Ah
  27. Shin Eun Kyung
  28. Shin Eun Soo
  29. Ong Seong Wu
  30. Kim So Hye

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=20231012091128224499def050a_30

*** As tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles 2” winds to a close, the stars of the drama shared their thoughts ahead of tonight’s finale! Jang Dong Gun who returned to reprise his role as Ta Gon, shared, “We worked hard on filming for a very long time, but I was really happy to be able to play Ta Gon, who was a very cool character. I’m extremely thankful and grateful that I was able to have fun and enjoy the entire time I worked together with a great director and the best staff ever.” The final episode of “Arthdal Chronicles 2” has just aired TODAY October 22 at 9:20 p.m. KST. I felt sad & bad that the drama did not reach double digits, which I thought all along it would. It deserves a higher rating.   :kitty:

Jang-Dong-Gun.jpeg

2023102201001423500203781_20231022141102

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0004069008

*** It seems that "Arthdal Chronicles 2" has just begun but,the drama has come to an end! On October 22, the drama enjoyed a significant rise in viewership for its final episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the finale scored an average nationwide rating of 4.6 percent, marking an increase of over 2 percent from its penultimate episode the night prior.  :blush:   This drama is great!   :kisslevel:

0b926555513e04.jpg

source : https://www.joynews24.com/view/1644755

*** "Arthdal Chronicles" finishes with a decent finale jump, but overall performed moderate.   :kisslevel:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of October 16-22, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-october-16-22-2023/

Saturday, October 21      
Strong Girl Nam-soon 5 JTBC 7.3%
Live Your Own Life 8 KBS 15.3%
My Dearest 14 MBC 11.7%
7 Escape: War for Survival 10 SBS 5.7%
Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun 11 tvN 2.4%

Sunday, October 22      
Evilive 3 ENA 0.9%
Strong Girl Nam-soon 6 JTBC 8.1%
Live Your Own Life 9 KBS 17.0%
Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun 12 tvN 4.6%

*** "Arthdal Chronicles"  successfully wrapped up its second season. Although the finale didn't surpass its personal best of 5%, the drama was able to see a rise from its stagnant ratings in the previous releases. With the drama's fresh ending, fans clamor whether there will be another installment for the entire "Arthdal Chronicles" franchise. While most parts were given closure, Tae Alha's Kim Ok Vin's journey hasn't ended yet in Season 2, raising speculations for a new installment. Well, there is always a possibility for a spin-off, which is not uncommon in new K-drama releases.   :handsup:

arthdal-chronicles-the-sword-of-aramun.j

*** The drama list only includes series airing on broadcast television.    :kitty:

Most Buzzworthy Drama Rankings on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list

1. MBC “My Dearest” Part 2
  2. JTBC “Strong Girl Namsoon”
  3. tvN “Twinkling Watermelon”
  4. SBS “The Escape of the Seven”
  5. tvN “Arthdal Chronicles 2: The Sword of Aramun”
  6. MBC “A Good Day to Be a Dog”
  7. ENA “The Kidnapping Day”
  8. tvN “Castaway Diva”
  9. ENA “Evilive”
  10. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life

credit : soompi news

*** Recently, Kim Jae Joong's YouTube show 'Jae Friends', featuring Hong Seok-chun, was released. Here, entertainer Hong Seok-chun shared that he once received a gift of cash from JaeJoong. During their conversation, Hong Seok-chun revealed that JaeJoong is a regular customer at his restaurant in Itaewon, Seoul, and his employees all love him. "You're so nice that every single one of my employees loves you. You're one of the top three celebrities that they love to have at the restaurant."JaeJoong's eyes widened upon hearing that he was not at the very top of the list; he asked in surprise, "Who's more popular among them than me?" Hong Seok-chun laughed, then told him that it was Jang Dong-gun, because not only is he gentle, but he also always gives a generous amount of tips to everyone.  :heart4:

201850018_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** On November 5th, the Japanese magazine USST released Jang Dong-gun’s pictorials and an interview. Here, he revealed his thoughts on reading books and a healthy lifestyle. During the interview, Jang Dong-gun said, “I’m happy to be named among ‘Hallyu Four Heavenly Kings’ in Japan. In Korea, there are about 6-7 candidates for Heavenly Kings, but there seems to be only four in Japan”. Jang Dong-gun will meet the audience with Season 3 of “Back to the Books” on November 12th. This is a documentary in which Jang Dong-gun becomes a presenter and visits prestigious bookstores in Europe. Season 3 will be released on the Japanese broadcasting channel NHK. Revealing that he visited a bookstore in Tokyo, Japan, Jang Dong-gun said, “I really like books and I’ve received many inspirations from reading books. Season 2 of ‘Back to the Books’ might have allowed viewers who couldn’t travel abroad due to the Covid-19 pandemic to experience it. In this digital age, I felt the significance of going to a bookstore again. Digital materials are convenient, but we should not forget the joy of analog experience, the taste of actually going there. I never forget to work out 5 times a week. I don’t restrict myself to a diet. I eat what I like and exercise according to how much I eat. That’s my principle of staying healthy. Sleeping is also very important. When my body feels tired, I sleep. I always sleep horizontally with a big pillow. I don’t really do skincare, but I do use sheet masks for my face. I had children at a later age, other fathers around me look so much younger. It is impossible to get back my appearance in the old days, but I’m conscious of maintaining my current look.”   :happydance:

0000635177_001_20231105150601347.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=312&aid=0000635177

Top 20 KBS Dramas With The Highest Ratings From 2015 To 2020

KBS, the Korean Broadcasting System, has played a vital role in the growth of K-Dramas over the decades with continuously high-ranking K-Dramas placing in the best ratings list of 20202021, and 2022. They are known as one of the top broadcasting systems in Korea for a reason!

It is no secret that KBS has been known for producing some of the most iconic dramas adored by K-Drama lovers.

Thanks to this, they also have some record ratings worth mentioning such as the K-Drama "Bread, Love and Dreams" which aired in 2010 and reached a record 50.8% rating!

19. "Suits" - 10.7%

top-KBS-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-

Starring Park HyungSik, Jang DongGun, Jin HeeKyung, Chae JungAn, Ko SungHee, and Choi GwiHwa, the drama earned ratings of 10.7%. Adapted from the American version of the show, many K-Drama fans and fans of the original American series had a lot of praise to give to this production. Not only were fans impressed with the actors' portrayals and interpretations of the original characters, but they also created a high-quality production that has high re-watch value.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-20-kbs-dramas-with-the-highest-ratings-from-2015-to-2020/

*** TV Chosun’s “Jang Dong-gun’s Back to the Books” is a documentary in which Jang Dong-gun becomes a presenter and visits prestigious bookstores that are changing people’s lives around the world with the city’s culture and contributing to social change. Season 3 depicts his special trip to visit bookstores in Argentina, the US, Hungary, and Taiwan. In the first part, which aired on November 12th, Jang Dong-gun will visit Buenos Aires, the city with the largest number of bookstores in the world. Buenos Aires, a city where you can find 25 bookstores per 100,000 residents, has the world’s most beautiful bookstores. First, he will visit EL ATENEO, which was selected as the world’s most beautiful bookstore by Guardian. It is located in the Opera Theater, also known as the symbol of Buenos Aires. Jang Dong-gun will visit Avila Bookstore, the oldest independent bookstore in the world, on Tango Street. Avila began as a store selling herbs and stationery. It served as the meeting place for revolutionaries engaged in independence movements in the 19th century and democratization movements in the 20th century. In addition, the documentary will reveal other fascinating bookstores. It is scheduled to air at 10:40 p.m. on November 12th.   :heart1:

20231111165456838ephe.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20231111165456502

• 3 weeks later...

*** Popular polling website KingChoice recently held a month-long poll for fans to vote for what they think were the best K-Dramas of 2023 out of 30 nominees. With over 70,000 votes tallied, the results are in.   Which was your favorite? "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun"  was aired on September 9.  :heart1:

The 10 Best K-Dramas Of 2023, According To Over 70,000 Fan Votes

2. Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun

*** I re-watched the drama "Arthdal Chronicles 2".  While the first added in pockets of action around slower segments, season 2 by comparison throws in a lot more fighting and more pace feel overall. The show is streamlined so much better than it was before.  The story is structured pretty well. “Arthdal Chronicles” does well to keep things exciting all the same. The action is well-shot and the choreography is pretty good this time around too. The execution of this drama this time round is something that I found very interesting. At some point I think Lee Jun Ki's acting is more what I expected Eunseom/Saya to be after 8years.  And he never disappoint when it comes to action scenes. Don't let your prejudices keep you from watching this amazing season. Lee Jun Ki truly was breathtaking as the older and hardened Eunseom and Saya. Season 2 was fast-paced than season 1. I was constantly on the edge of my seat. The change of cast doesn't ruin this AMAZING DRAMA!    :kitty:

9 Historical K-Dramas Of 2023

2023 continued to produce a variety of outstanding K-Dramas that were filled with yearning, heart-fluttering romance, action, and so much more. Of the numerous dramas that came forward, there were a number of historical K-Dramas announced that swept the hearts of viewers all year long.

So take a look at the historical K-Dramas that premiered in 2023. Web dramas are not included in this list and this is not a ranking.

This is not a ranking. Dramas starting in 2023 are included in this list. 

BONUS: "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword Of Aramun"

Arthdal-Chronicles-Season-2-tvN.jpg

tvN

This drama is not per se historical, however, the universe being similar to historical ones, we decided to include it in this list. 

When: September 9th

Cast: Lee JoonGi, Shin SaeKyeong, Jang DongGun, Kim OkBin

Summary: It tells the stories of various heroes writing different legends of the mystical and ancient country of Arthdal.

Why watch?: A continuation of a prolific saga that everyone has been waiting for. Multiple forces face off for various reasons: to leave behind a legacy, for power, and to right the wrongs of a broken world.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/8-historical-kdramas-of-2023/

14 K-Drama Actors Who Were Exempted From Military Service

There were different reasons why each of them was excused from service.

Due to unfortunate accidents or failing to meet requirements, some Korean actors aren’t required to complete the country’s mandatory military service.

4. Jang Dong Gun

Arthdal Chronicles actor Jang Dong Gun was exempted from service because he suffered from pneumothorax (a collapsed lung) and was hospitalized for surgery.

HXCLqTrMZYBdk0YCsV1pIC-yEdbdAol4TBFTdSnInOg0_KooOcPtAcQHXg6IzkxTHd5-H_TtPD1eAgCNMTCZgNtC2ifCnTGWtWF9QR2l2Rgs1VqK=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/k-drama-actors-exempted-military-service/