Choi Seung Hyun 최승현 (aka TOP 탑)

Guest SH<3

September 16, 2015

BIGBANG’s T.O.P Gives Fans Heartwarming Advice Through Instagram Comments

Source: Soompi

top.jpg

Fans were touched at how BIGBANG’s T.O.P sincerely cares about them.

On September 14, T.O.P posted several images of a yellow orchid on his Instagram account.

When a fan left the comment, “Why do you like this flower? Flowers die so soon anyways,” he personally replied, “It’s wrong to think that way.”

Another fan, moved by his comment, said, “Though I wasn’t the one to receive your comment, I was touched when you said it was wrong to question your love for flowers just because they die quickly.”

“Though I was consumed in my own negativity, thinking drastic thoughts, up to a few hours ago, you always help me feel better. Thank you so much. You not only make people happy but move their hearts as well,” the commenter added.

“There is nothing as stupid, naïve, and belittling as having dangerously bad thoughts. Just live happily,” T.O.P replied with sincere advice.

T.O.P-comment-540x308.jpg

Already known for connecting with his fans through social media, his advice once again touched his fans’ hearts.

Source (1)

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September 18, 2015

Rapper T.O.P's web drama airs in November

Source: The Korea Times

secretmessage450.JPG

A joint Korean-Japanese production drama "Secret Message"s actors and actresses / Screen capture from Twitter

New web drama "Secret Message," starring Korean rapper T.O.P, of BigBang, and Japanese actress Ueno Juri, will air in November. It is a joint Korean-Japanese production.

"T.O.P and Ueno Juri's new drama, titled ‘Secret Message,' will air on LINE TV and Naver TV Cast in early November," Korean production company CJ E&M said on Wednesday.

The online drama features T.O.P, whose real name is Choi Seung-hyun, as Korean guy Woo Hyun and Ueno Juri as Japanese woman Haruka, who overcome the pain of their first love to find a new one.

Korean actress Yoo In-na plays Haruka's roommate, Amy, a dating expert, and Korean actor Lee Jae-yun plays Lee Jae-soo, Amy's performance team member, who is willing to lay down his life for love.

Only the latter half of filming remains as the drama was jointly filmed from May to July by CJ E&M, Japanese entertainment company Amuse, Inc. and Global Messenger LINE.

daheestardust71@gmail.com,

• 1 month later...

October 28, 2015

Korea-Japan joint web drama

Korea-Japan joint web drama

The cast of "Secret Message," a web drama produced jointly by South Korean and Japanese entertainment firms, pose by making heart shapes with their fingers at a press event in Seoul on Oct. 28, 2015. The drama will be released online from Nov. 2 and features South Korean singer-actor Choi Seung-hyun (2nd from R), also known as T.O.P. of boy band BigBang, and Japanese actress Juri Ueno (3rd from R), who suffer from broken hearts but find new love in each other. (Yonhap) (END)

Stars of Korea-Japan web drama

Stars of Korea-Japan web drama

Japanese actress Juri Ueno poses with Choi Seung-hyun, the South Korean actor-singer also known as T.O.P. of boy band BigBang, for photos during a press event in Seoul on Oct. 28, 2015, promoting their web drama "Secret Message." Produced jointly by entertainment firms of South Korea and Japan, the drama, scheduled for online release from Nov. 2, is about overcoming broken hearts and finding new love. (Yonhap) (END)

October 28, 2015

BigBang T.O.P. and Japanese actress reveal 'Secret Message'

Source: The Korea Times

/ueo.jpg

Courtesy of CJ E&M

A production press conference for the web drama "Secret Message," starring Korean rapper T.O.P., of BigBang, and Japanese actress Ueno Juri, was held at the Imperial Palace Hotel, Nonhyeon-dong, southern Seoul, today.

"Secret Message" is a joint Korean-Japanese production web drama, depicting a love story among young adults. T.O.P will play a Korean man Woo-hyun and Ueno Juri will feature a Japanese woman Haruka.

"It has been seven years since my last drama "Iris." I have tried my best with a strong sense of responsibility to show people how I have improved as an actor," said T.O.P. during the press conference. "Because I enjoyed Ueno Juri's dramas, I was very excited and was looking forward to meet her when I heard she was cast as my partner."

"I was worried a little bit about the language barrier before filming," said Juri. "However, I felt like there existed between me and T.O.P. a sort of telepathy, which made me focusing well on the filming, though I could not understand Korean."

"Secret Message" will be aired in 18 episodes and each episode runs for about 10 minutes. The first episode will premiere on next Monday at 8 p.m., via video streaming sites Naver TV Cast and LINE TV. After the first episode, the drama will air on the sites every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10 a.m. for three weeks.

Meanwhile, the drama will air in Japan via Dtv, which is a Japan's biggest video streaming service site.

daheestardust71@gmail.com,

October 30, 2015

Korea-Japan joint drama targets global audience

By Kim Jae-heun The Korea Times

16-03(334).jpg

Japanese actress Juri Ueno, left, and Korean actor Choi Seung-hyun of hip-hop boy band Big Bang pose during a press conference for the Web drama series "Secret Message" at the Imperial Palace Seoul, Wednesday.
/ Courtesy of CJ E&M

Can Korea and Japan's entertainment giants captivate global audiences through a new platform?

Korea's leading media content company, CJ E&M, has launched a joint Web drama series, "Secret Message," with Japanese entertainment company Amuse Inc. and global messenger Line Corp., targeting an international audience.

The drama, scheduled to premiere on Nov. 2, stars Choi Seung-hyun, also known as T.O.P, of hip-hop boy band Big Bang, and Japanese actress Juri Ueno in leading roles. Popular Korean and Japanese actors Yoo In-na, Jeong Yu-mi, Saki Fukuda and Keisuke Koide also star in the global project to attract fans from not only East and Southeast Asia, but also the Americas and Europe.

"Secret Message" sketches a romantic story between Korean student Woo-hyun, played by Choi, and Japanese girl Haruka (Ueno), who both suffer a painful history in love. The drama has 18 10-minute episodes. It will be shown every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10 p.m. on Naver TV Cast in Korea, dTV in Japan and Line TV in Thailand and Taiwan.

"All the cast here are those I had in my mind first when I planned to direct this series," director Lee Seung-hoon said during a press conference at the Imperial Palace Seoul, Wednesday. "I thought the new Web drama platform would provide good access for an audience to watch from all over Asia."

Lee is confident Westerners will find the drama interesting enough as he grew up watching Hollywood films and studied to produce content that Americans and Europeans find entertaining. He picked the concept of a love relationship between a couple from different countries as a key point that 20 and 30-somethings can also enjoy, while previous Web dramas were mainly for teens, starring young idols.

Choi's return to the small screen for the first time in seven years heightened expectations for "Secret Message" as he has a large fan base as a member of Big Bang, who just finished a world tour. Choi last appeared in a television drama as mysterious assassin Vick in "Iris" in 2009.

"I feel a great responsibility in this drama and I put in the hardest effort to present the best possible in just 10 minutes," Choi said. "The story is very common ― sometimes happy and sometimes sad. This drama is successful if the audience can feel what I felt while acting the character Woo-hyun."

Ueno said she was not able to communicate well with Choi due to her poor Korean, but she caught what he was thinking as she started playing Haruka.

"Although we are all different nationalities, I hope the audience can share the same emotions," Ueno said.

jhkim@ktimes.com,

• 3 weeks later...

November 14, 2015

Photos from ‘Secret Moment’ are on display

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

14072611.jpg

Some behind-the-scenes photos of the web drama series “Secret Moment,” featuring T.O.P of the K-pop boy group Big Bang and Japanese actress Juri Ueno, will be displayed at Moss Studio in Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam District, southern Seoul.

CJ E&M, which is producing the series, said on Friday that the photo exhibition will run through Nov. 20. 

In the drama series, Moss Studio is used as a practice room for a dance troupe. 

The photo exhibition opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m. Admission is free of charge, but only those who have shared the Secret Message channel on Naver TV Cast with their acquaintances are able to enter. 

Along with photos of T.O.P, also known as Choi Seung-hyun, and Ueno, there is a section in which visitors are able to write down messages to the actors. 

The web drama series is a joint project between Korean and Japanese production companies, and it centers on the relationship between Woo-hyun (T.O.P) and Haruka (Ueno). They get over breakups while becoming friends. 

The web drama series is exclusively available through Naver TV Cast, and a new episode is uploaded at 10 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

The series is also airing in other countries, including Japan, Thailand and Taiwan. 

By Sung So-young 

November 20, 2015

‘Secret Message’ Choi Seung-hyun, “This Drama Is Very Close To My Heart”

Source: BNTNews

5cz4w30c5vy4t43ujqpusuhk05k3lo9g.jpg

[by Yoonjung Yi ] On November 19, boy group Big Bang’s member Choi Seung-hyun (T.O.P) shared his thoughts about the final airing of joint Korean and Japanese web drama ‘Secret Message’. 

He said, “This work was very dear to me, because it was my first time acting in a web drama contents as actor Choi Seung-hyun. Although it was not easy to fly between Korea and Japan to film, difficult moments made this work even more precious.” 

He added, “This was my first romance work, and it was nice to work with foreign actress Ueno Juri, who used a different language. Moreover, I thank all the staffs from the bottom of my heart.”

Along with his impression, ‘Secret Message’ released behind cuts of Choi Seung-hyun and Ueno Juri’s romantic dating scene. In the images, the couple is roaming around the streets of Samcheong-dong and Han River in Seoul. 

Meanwhile, web drama ‘Secret Message’ with Choi Seung-hyun and Ueno Juri aired in Korea, Japan, U.S., South America and worldwide, and scored the most viewed in Korean contents category in Taiwan and Thailand. (photo by YG Entertainment)

• 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Dong Hwi Says Big Bang′s T.O.P Took Care of Him During ′Tazza 2′

Lee Dong Hwi expressed his gratitude towards Big Bang′s T.O.P on Radio Star. 

Nam Goong Min, Lee Dong Hwi, Yoon Jung Soo and AOA′s Seolhyun appeared as guests on the March 30 broadcast of MBC′s Radio Star.

10406102.jpg

Lee Dong Hwi revealed how he knows T.O.P when MC Yoon Jong Shin asked, "You consider Big Bang′s T.O.P a mentor?" to which the actor responded, "He′s a friend I′m grateful for."

He continued, "We got really close while filming the movie Tazza 2 together. I didn′t have an agency at the time, and T.O.P would give me rides in his car and gave me a place to stay. I was really thankful for that."

Lee Dong Hwi said, "However, when I went to T.O.P′s place, I had to sleep on the couch. I remember it being really uncomfortable," drawing laughs. 

The actor later explained, "The reason I call him my mentor is because he would keep saying ′Good job′ like the professor in the film Whiplash.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/104061/lee-dong-hwi-says-big-bangs-top-took-care-of-him-during-tazza-2 

Archived