Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

A heartwarming sight.. Byunghun's RUBEURS welcoming his 'GI Joe' family to Korea..

What a STORM of a day :P .. and tomorrow will be an especially very BUSY day.. everyone please help post pics, ok.. :lol:

rubes really can't keep up with the airport pics :sweatingbullets: still some more to post.. but got to get some shut-eye now..

20090728194606.717.0.jpg

Source: media.daum.net

Thanks for pics everyone. BH looks happy and the V neck shirt...hehehe..seeing through his body, droolz :lol: , not sure I can handle my own one wear that one though :lol:

Edit: rubie, let's me try to find those that haven't posted yet, then I can help you dear since it's still hols for me.

2009072902517_2009072908891.jpg

28_14120.jpg

Guest shinerelsie

Wow, what a day.! Thanks for all uploader. It so nice that BH handle his charm nicely and the picture posted her, all i can say,,a big wow and thank...hope to see more pics and video's...

Thanks for pics everyone. BH looks happy and the V neck shirt...hehehe..seeing through his body, droolz :lol: , not sure I can handle my own one wear that one though :lol:

Edit: rubie, let's me try to find those that haven't posted yet, then I can help you dear since it's still hols for me.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x30/utk...09072908891.jpg

LOL! Channing Tatum, Byunghun (wearing a BH&C creation ^^) and Sienna Miller.. all of them arrived wearing all-black. :P

Oops.. this is not rubie (shh.. she's sleeping).. but the Storm Panda.. :lol:

Guest Janie Simply

utkim, hehee... the top is so tight :D

BH looks happy and beautiful with every pose/angle... that blackie top & shade & hat really bring out BH's charming smile and whitening teeth... He sure looks like one sweet super-star!

BH-sis, enjoy the attention while you can 'cos not sure when you go promote in North America or European countries, you'll receive such great love...

Anyway, hope you'll be a good host to your team :)

p.s. Looking at all those pictures up there worry me a bit :sweatingbullets: can't help but wish BH will announce his gf or get marry soon..., me not wanting BH to be so closed with guys... me afraid with his dashing beauty look up there, many male might fall for him :P

Guest Janie Simply

Just to refresh some on what BH talked about his venture into G.I. Joe last year...

An excerpt from

Korean Film Observatory No.26 Cannes special edition June 2008

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/common/modules...Observatory.pdf

Appearing in <G.I.Joe>

Now let’s talk about <G.I.Joe>. How did you come to accept the role?

Charles is an overseas part manager of BH Entertainment. He has been discussing several projects with my American agent, Endeavor, for a few years. I was recommended <G.I. Joe> last year, and I thought the work was attractive. I looked at the treatment and was impressed. As a matter of fact, the negative factor was that it was already 60% made. What bothered me at the time was that the movie would be made for all viewers, regardless of age and gender. However as I have said before, I thought it would be better to regret doing it after trying, rather than regret not trying, and my acquaintances advised me to do it. Director PARK Chan Wook also told me that it seemed right for me.

Can you tell me about the ‘Storm Shadow’ that you will perform?

Storm Shadow as trained as a ninja by a father-like master when he was young, alongside a western kid call Snake Eyes. They are good friends and competitors. One day the master is killed and Storm Shadow disappears. “Snake Eyes” thinks the killer is Storm Shadow. From that time, they become fatal rivals.

On the net, there was a lot of noise about LEE Byung-hun playing a Japanese Ninja.

It was agreed that Storm Shadow would be a Korean character. That was a condition when I was cast. Western people don’t think about nationality when they see Asians. Also, the Japanese market is huge, there are a lot of Japanese characters in the film. Anyway, in my position, I asked them that the character would be Korean, and they accepted.

You’re going to participate in several overseas projects at the same time, won’t this be difficult, are you prepared?

The Anh Hung Tran movie and <G.I.Joe> are totally different. I thought this was a good time to define myself again by participating in different projects. Although many people worry about my being in <G.I. Joe>, I think, in some ways, it will be helpful to work with different directors with different ideas and styles.

Do you intend to focus on overseas projects or the Hollywood film industry going forward?

Never. I will continue to work mainly with Korean directors, and join Hollywood or other overseas projects when there are opportunities. But I have never thought about settling down there.

MOON-Seok/Cine 21

Guest Janie Simply

Another treat for the Singapore fans.. BH on the cover..

We speak to the bona fide hottie.

There is one scene in the movie where you take off your top and show off your beautiful, chiselled body. There is also a scar on your torso which looks extremely sexy. Can you tell us more about the scene?

... I suggested losing the shirt to achieve this and the director thought it was a great idea. So we ended up shooting it that way.

BH is an awesome and transparent interviewee... he has such great power of negotiation -- will only be Kimchi Ninja... the taking off shirt suggestion etc ... man it can only come from a confident actor... Director must have known they are not dealing with a novice...

Anyway, here's some GI Joe related interviews highlights taken from last year

'Jun 13 2008, 01:56 AM' post='9921070']

Topless

With the 3 movies he did (ICWTR; GBW; GI JOE), he really wish that GBW would truly shine for the sake of his country. He sheepishly hint that audience will have the chance to see him exposed from the top in all the 3 movies & those muscles would look "as tough as a rock" sth like that.

Gifted in Linguistic

Lee "boasted" that during his recent interview with the media from UK and other English speaking reporters, he used 100% English to converse with them and the media was awe at his English proficiency. He gave credit to his Hollywood colleague, whom he has now build deep relationship with, for constantly helping and encouraging him with the language. He said they are "kind" and "very funny". He said in fact he had study some English during high school; His mom had enrolled him for two years English class.

He said he seem to have linguistic talent. When he entered Hollywood, he did not go for English study skill. When doing a drama on White Night (1998), he learned to speak Russian and the teacher praised him for his perfect articulation. The instructor commented that if he were to learn English, his English would be outstanding. He also learned Japanese for a month.

['Jun 13 2008, 12:45 PM' post='9924918']

What's in a name?

As most have noticed that megastar LBH does not have the so call “English” name except the Korean "Pin-Yin". At first his Hollywood colleagues found his name hard to pronounce so just greeted him as “Byung” but as they get more acquainted, they address him as “Byung Hun”. BH said the reason he chose not to have an “English” name is because he loves to hear Caucasians called his “Korean" name as it is very heart-warming!

Media predicts that in due time the name "Lee Byung Hun" will be another household name in the showbiz world.

About his name.. all I can say, Bravo Byunghun-ssi! rbhcool.gif Good for you for keeping true to your name & passion! Some BH fans thought he'll use the name 'Brian' (I think this was started as a fun buddy thing with SSH whose English name is known as James, if I'm not mistaken) when he goes international but good for BH for sticking to ByungHun Lee. When people are impressed with his acting, they will appreciate and learn to know everything about him including his Korean name. Let the west learn to say the Asian names out loud for a change.

Guest shinerelsie

Its a news here for the GI JOE premiere in Japan...from the Philippines, special mentioned the name of LEE BYUNG HUN,,

LEE BYUNG HUN RETURNS TO KOREA

posterphoto92916.jpg

Actress Lee Byeong-Heon came to Korea along with Channing Tatum and Steven Sommers the "G.I. Joe" team. The promotion even will be the first for some of the cast in this film to be in Korea.

They have been in Japan for press meetings and seemed tired as they tried to be enthusiastic in greeting their fans.

Around 200 Japanese fans were in the plane with him returning to Korea and 150 of Korean fans were waiting for Lee at the airport. Lee was very generous in greeting his fans with a big smile.

Channing Tatum was also loved by the fans. Channing has been in the film, "Step Up" costarring with his wife Jenna.

The film is about an elite special agent group who fight against terrorist group Cobra who are threatening the citizens.

posterphoto92915.jpgposterphoto92917.jpg

Source : news.nate.com

Credit : Hancinema

Goodness, Janie.. you managed to dig out all these previous articles to share.. well done!

This part tickles me..

At first his Hollywood colleagues found his name hard to pronounce so just greeted him as “Byung” but as they get more acquainted, they address him as “Byung Hun”.

Byung is exactly what Director Stephen Sommers had mentioned when he was interviewed for the Seoul Savvy segment. :lol: That was probably long ago.. hope he could step up a bit in the press conference today. And yup.. the director is not just impressed with BH's filmography (seems that he found that out much later) but.. more because BH is good-looking.

Janie-hunnie.. after 40.. it's after 40.. when we'll see a Mrs. Lee Byung Hun. With this man's supercrazy schedule .. and supposedly waiting the right time.. we'll be lucky if he'd truly be the STORM sweeping everyone off suddenly. Looking at Channing bringing his wife (gf?).. frankly, I wished that BH would bring his special girl as well.. but no can do..

Guest mailene28

yay, finally new pictures :wub: helppppppppppppp hunnies... there are lots of pix spazz!! :)

2009072911390098582_114204_0.jpg

uhmm, im seeing something :blush: they look so sweet.. :D

20090729113139461.jpg

20090729113334489.jpg

20090729114337245b6_114521_0.jpg

20090729112612866.jpg

20090729112903599.jpg

20090729113336129b6_114519_0.jpg

20090729113934243b6_114520_0.jpg

PP09072900022.JPG

PP09072900023.JPG

20090729114034234e7_114912_0.jpg

20090729113951233e7_114224_0.jpg

20090729114127244b6_114521_0.jpg

PP09072900025.JPG

PP09072900020.JPG

PP09072900021.JPG

20090729113624232e7_114224_0.jpg

20090729113633231e7_114224_0.jpg

20090729113442117e7_114220_0.jpg

Isn't he such a dashing, attentive Hunnie! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh my.. my.. my.. my.. so sweet.. so sexy.. Byunghun-ssi. :wub:

Sienna Miller looks really pretty, too.. *so melted at this Cobra couple*

mailene.. how come your pics come in duplicates? Post some on the new page, too.. so that there won't be too many captures slowing down the previous page/postings. :blush:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

It's so cool to see the bond between the actors and director. Hope the press conference is getting along really well in Seoul. They were all like strangers at first with BH being the "new kid on the block".. and now.. they're like longtime buddies. I think it's great that the guests feel like at home with Byunghun-ssi.. simply so endearing.

Looks like Rachel Nichols and Marlon Wayans didn't join them in Seoul.. just like the previous report saying only Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller joining BH in Seoul.

And Byunghun-ssi.. isn't he just the superstar he is. A talented actor charming man, a great host.

200907291204031123_1.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...1123&ext=na

20090729121206.444.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/movie/view...78&p=newsis

200907291214041003_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200907291214041003