rubie

bh_sept2008.jpg

Jan-Aug 2008 News Index HERE

September 2008

Sept 2: LBH in TV CM for TOYOTA RAV4 starting September 8 in Japan » HIGHLIGHT

Sept 2: "Divine Weapon" stuns in Korean B.O. previews » ARTICLE

Sept 3: "Lee Byunghun Festival" by satellite broadcasting » HIGHLIGHT

Sept 3: AFI's Film Fest unveils 15 films » ARTICLE

Sept 4: Movie Audience Falls in August » ARTICLE?

Sept 5: Latest Korean blockbuster to be screened at Toronto film festival » ARTICLE

Sept 7: Telluride Rave ‘n’ Rate GBW » REVIEW

Sept 8: Lee ByungHun to release first single CD in Japan » ARTICLE

Sept 8: Korean actor Lee Byung Hun to release song in Japanese » UPDATE

Sept 9: Lee Byung-hun to Release Single Album in Japan » ARTICLE

Sept 10: Korean Cinema Today at 13th PIFF » HIGHLIGHT

Sept 10: [Twitch-TIFF] THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE WEIRD » REVIEW

Sept 11: [VIFF 2008] Dragons & Tigers » ARTICLE

Sept 11: Visual stylist - Director Kim Jee Woon » ARTICLE

Sept 12: Watch It! The London Film Festival » HIGHLIGHT

Sept 12: The body which the professional trainer reveals » HIGHLIGHT

Sept 12: Rio fest a gateway for Europeans - GBW » ARTICLE

Sept 16: Korean Movies Bring Period Pieces to Life » REPORT

Sept 18: SkyperfecTV October Lee Byung Hun Festival » HIGHLIGHT

Sept 18: Three Korean movies invited to the London Film Festival » ARTICLE

Sept 18: LBH interview in Toronto (TIFF08 - GBW) » CLIP & ARTICLE

Sept 21: Film star Jung Woo Sung coming to HIFF » ARTICLE

Sept 26: Kwon Sang Woo Elated with Marriage in Sight » ARTICLE

Sept 28: Actors Kwon, Sohn Tie Knot » ARTICLE

Sept 30: [13PIFF] ‘The Feast of stars’ begins on October 2 » ARTICLE

orangecatback.gif

WAHHHHHHHHHHH! :w00t: BH is looking so good. :wub: Could watch him all day long.. :blush: No guessing that he's in a Versace, of course.. and spotted a wristwatch, too. He goes complete for the event, huh.

Blurr question.. who are the ladies beside him.. Chinese celebrities?

And CP .. never far behind.. :lol: .. Byunghun-ssi looks cool in blue..

Thanks ylin.. these are precious & wonderful sharing! :wub: Have you seen GBW?

KOREA FELL IN LOVE WITH TOP IDOL STARS DRAMA

SS501 Kim Hyunjoong, Big Bang Top, Dong Bang Shin Ki Hero Jaejoong, and SNSD Yoon Ah are the real examples of this phenomenon.

SS501 Kim Hyunjoong leader, he is now being busy with his Korean Boys Over Flowers drama filming (airing in End of December) besides also starring in the famous Variety Show MBC ‘We Got married’.

While Dong Bang Shin Ki Hero Jaejoong is also fell for drama. This November Hero Jaejoong is already started the filming his Japan & Korea Joint drama ‘The Postman’. He’s now going back & forth between Seoul & jeju Island. The busy drama schedule has made Hero Jaejoong missed his appearance in several events including awards.

Dong Bang Shin Ki agency SM Entertainment through a phone call on Nov 12 said, “Hero Jaejoong is currently working on the drama and started the shooting from November 11, and he is very enthusiastic on doing the drama,” he said.While TOP Big Bang will be acting in one of the most anticipating drama yet also acted together with popular actor Lee Byung Hun in the drama titled’ Iris’.

As for SNSD Yoon Ah, her recent drama ‘You’re my Destiny’ is gaining a great rating and popularity by having her as one of the cast.

Credits: newsen + imuyachan @ wordpress for English translation + marina

More pics of the Versace/One Charity Gala. Beijing 13th Nov.

89522712cc7.jpg

21549334vu4.jpg

34863775lc3.jpg

73169764rj2.jpg

89823271nl8.jpg

95016566pf8.jpg

Thanks to roger@bhjwlove.com

Excerpts of LBH only :P

http://www.sina.com.cn

At the red carpet, VIP guest Korean actor Lee Byung Hun, a cool expression on his face, was full of flamboyance with a number of personal bodyguards to protect him, fully showing the style of a star, even more ostentatious than Jet Li.

Oh my gosh!!!! :w00t: Byunghun-ssi with Jet Li!!!! :w00t: How super fabulous! :w00t:

What a cool, cool treat! :w00t: Thanks Ching! :wub:

r.u.b.i.e f.a.i.n.ts..

Excerpts of LBH only

http://www.sina.com.cn

At the red carpet, VIP guest Korean actor Lee Byung Hun, a cool expression on his face, was full of flamboyance with a number of personal bodyguards to protect him, fully showing the style of a star, even more ostentatious than Jet Li.

Wah! Just read this to gush some more.. gosh.. so good to see BH and Jet Li. That is just the coolest thing. :blush: Indeed.. the event receives more attention with BH's attendance just as Jet Li is co-organizing the special event. Lee ByungHun with outstanding movies to his name.. is more well known as an actor in Asia, not just Hallyu star in Japan.

Looks like their shirts are somewhat similar cut.. huh.. but BH's suit is shinier.. :P .. remember the Gucci suit he wore in HK 2 years ago. He carried such style & flair so well. Thanks Ching, I love reading tidbits like this.

Appreciate the awesome sharing! :wub: Hoping for a VOD soon.. hehee..

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712, GBW's international poster.. similar to the one used at the London-Korean Film festival recently. Hehee.. THE BAD one.. in the middle. :wub:

By Nix | November 13, 2008 (4:23 pm)

A BAD-A** POSTER! thumbup.gif

Finally, an English/International poster for the Korean Western “The Good, The Bad, and the Weird” looks pretty spiffy.

good-bad-weird-movie-poster.jpg

Source: beyondhollywood.com; GBW gallery

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712, GBW's international poster.. similar to the one used at the London-Korean Film festival recently. Hehee.. THE BAD one.. in the middle. :wub:

By Nix | November 13, 2008 (4:23 pm)

A BAD-A** POSTER! thumbup.gif

Finally, an English/International poster for the Korean Western “The Good, The Bad, and the Weird” looks pretty spiffy.

:w00t: Freakin' cool poster there! And the guy in the middle ain't bad lookin' either ;)

I'm sad to say I couldn't get to see GBW. Uni kept me too busy :tears: I hope Jenny got to see it. I'm going to have to do some hunting about information of DVD release dates. That poster has made me even more hungry to see it :mellow:

Guest cynthia05

Is there any pics from the fashion show.. tried looking through the Chinese sites.. so sorry as I am totally and absolutely clueless. :sweatingbullets: Although .. there's one of Jet Li & Donatella Versace at the event wearing similar 'One' t-shirts.. I think..

And.. how's GBW screening in Liverpool.. H.. Jenny.. any luck in getting ticket(s) to watch? :rolleyes:

.. dare I hope for any response about the Singapore showing? :sweatingbullets:

Hi Rubie

BH sure looks cool at the Versace One Foundation event......but I personally prefer Hunnie in his suave suits rather than this shiny ensemble :blush: and his hair.....needs some trimming haha!!! Anyway he is always our hunnie and always gorgeous :rolleyes:

Hope it is not too late to fill you guys on the GBW screenings here in Singapore...we had our premiere last Friday and last evening a bunch of us made it to the opening day of the screening and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously because we felt a sense of deja vu as the whole cinema was made up of 90% Koreans who apparently filled it with their laughters along with the witty SKH. Although the few of the us have seen the movie umpteen times (in Seoul in Jul), there was always a sense of something refreshing that came with every attendance. But of course the most memorial one would be the first screening we had on his birthday in Seoul when he came on stage after the movie.....or how we missed it so badly!!! Hope it does well in Singapore and all across Asia and the world....FIGHTING NOM NOM NOM

:w00t: Freakin' cool poster there! And the guy in the middle ain't bad lookin' either ;)

I'm sad to say I couldn't get to see GBW. Uni kept me too busy :tears: I hope Jenny got to see it. I'm going to have to do some hunting about information of DVD release dates. That poster has made me even more hungry to see it :mellow:

Now.. now.. hugging H tightly.. :blush: .. there'll be the DVD for sure and GBW will be showing on the big screen later because UK is one of the countries with rights to the movie. The London fest and Liverpool screening is just the appetiser.. so to speak. :P

How's our Jenny doing.. hope she gets to catch the guys somehow.. :rolleyes:

Hi Rubie

BH sure looks cool at the Versace One Foundation event......but I personally prefer Hunnie in his suave suits rather than this shiny ensemble :blush: and his hair.....needs some trimming haha!!! Anyway he is always our hunnie and always gorgeous :rolleyes:

Hope it is not too late to fill you guys on the GBW screenings here in Singapore...we had our premiere last Friday and last evening a bunch of us made it to the opening day of the screening and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously because we felt a sense of deja vu as the whole cinema was made up of 90% Koreans who apparently filled it with their laughters along with the witty SKH. Although the few of the us have seen the movie umpteen times (in Seoul in Jul), there was always a sense of something refreshing that came with every attendance. But of course the most memorial one would be the first screening we had on his birthday in Seoul when he came on stage after the movie.....or how we missed it so badly!!! Hope it does well in Singapore and all across Asia and the world....FIGHTING NOM NOM NOM

Hi Hi Cynthia.. so good to read your post. :D

Hahaa.. it's a bit too shiny, huh :P .. I totally get what you mean but maybe as a tribute to the organizer/sponsor for inviting him.. he's cool enough to wear the suit to fit the event. Not only the ladies get to dress up but the guys too but in nothing that's too fancy or outrageous. Since it's a fashion show.. although a bit shiny for our usual casual Hunnie.. he absolutely rocks the suit, befitting the 'star' status. We could say.. the person he is.. wherever he goes.. he adds the glam to the party.. in a cool, manly way. Despite the material of the suit.. I thought BH could not look more attractive & gorgeously masculine. :w00t: OMG.. rubes is truly hunnie-fied.. :wacko:

Yupyup.. his hair is indeed getting too long.. probably keeping it for the style before IRIS starts filming. Then..we'll see our clean-cut, professional Hunnie007. Totally.. cannot.. wait.. aargh.. fainting.gif

That is so good to read about GBW in Singapore. Hope it will do really well and many will enjoy the adventure of the NomNomNom. We just miss BH too much, don't we? :blush:

Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful moments.. indeed.. it's always a special feeling talking about BH. :wub:

WASUP with the hair/bang? The rest is HOT! I like!!! Hunnie looks good, dashing, as always!

95016566pf8.jpg

Thanks to roger@bhjwlove.com

hahaha... look at Hunnie expression...Priceless!

What a treat to the pictures...THANKS!!!

hahaha... look at Hunnie expression...Priceless!

What a treat to the pictures...THANKS!!!

LOL! Even Jet Li is making a funny face, too. :lol: BH is certainly enjoying himself at the Fashion show. It's great that he gets to really travel (London, Beijing) which he loves.. working vacation sort of.. before he starts on IRIS.. assuming.. that's the plan.. :blush:

A glance at the Fashion Show that BH went to :blush:

Versace China Debut, Auction for Charity

2008-11-14 15:03:15 Xinhua

4220xttentversace4.jpg

Italian fashion designer Donatella Versace ® and Chinese actor Jet Li walk on the stage during the 2009 Versace Spring & Summer Fashion Show in Beijing, November 13, 2008. Versace held its first fashion show in Beijing, as well as a charity auction for areas hit by the May 12 earthquake, along with Chinese actor Jet Li's One Foundation. [Photo: Xinhua]

4220xttentversace5.jpg

Chinese actor Jet Li answers the press during the 2009 Versace Spring & Summer Fashion Show in Beijing, November 13, 2008. [Photo: Xinhua]

4220xttentversace3.jpg

4220xttentversace2.jpg4220xttentversace1.jpg

Source: Crienglish.com

http://english.cri.cn/3086/2008/11/14/1261s424003.htm

Now.. now.. hugging H tightly.. :blush: .. there'll be the DVD for sure and GBW will be showing on the big screen later because UK is one of the countries with rights to the movie. The London fest and Liverpool screening is just the appetiser.. so to speak. :P

*Sniffs* I feel better after that hug Rubie, thanks :P I really hope GBW does get a big screen release over here *crosses fingers*

I'm liking those new pictures, but why is our Hunnies hair so long compared to what it usually is? Is it from GBW or you think he's growing it for some future project? Hmmm :rolleyes:

^Hmmm...not really liking the velvety suit...

Hi nabi! So good to see you here, saw you a few times before. ^^ I didn't realize that you're a BH fan until I saw your previous avatar. :blush:

Hope to see you more at the thread, let's share everything about Lee Byung Hun. :D

The velvety suit.. not the everyday formal wear indeed :sweatingbullets: .. but for the event.. he's being sporting & very accomodating enough.. to rock the house. :P Oh my Hunnie...

*Sniffs* I feel better after that hug Rubie, thanks :P I really hope GBW does get a big screen release over here *crosses fingers*

I'm liking those new pictures, but why is our Hunnies hair so long compared to what it usually is? Is it from GBW or you think he's growing it for some future project? Hmmm :rolleyes:

I think he's been keeping it long (trimmed a bit while getting a shave, too.. occasionally).. since GBW/GI Joe. Probably better to have it long-er before cutting it down to (preferred) style for IRIS later. The last time he had quite a long (+wavy) hairstyle was after Addiction in 2002.. and cut it really short after that to suit All In.. oops.. I meant he kept a long, rather wavy hairstyle after All in before cutting it to suit the KNTO CF and EHAS, etc. *rubie got herself confused again*

Don't think BH has any other projects except IRIS. Hopefully.. when we see him at the Blue Dragon awards next Thursday (Nov 20).. he will look like his usual suave dashing self.. and maybe a new.. shorter/neater hairstyle. :rolleyes:

Let's just say.. for now.. our Byunghun-ssi.. is simply.. letting his hair down.. before he starts work again. :lol:

ps: Love your Jack Bauer banner, ninja-girl.. that is so cool. :rolleyes: Heard that there'll be a 24 movie coming soon.. is that right? :w00t:

29th Blue Dragon Best Actor Nominees

연말 남우상, 어느 별이 웃을까

OSEN 기사전송 2008-11-14 09:06

200811140858112300_1.jpg

Clockwise from Top: Kim Yoon Seok, Ha Jung Woo (The Chaser)

Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun (The Good, The Bad, The Weird)

Article at news.empas.com

4.5 stars out of 5

The Good The Bad and The Weird

Ji-woon Kim 2008

Brief Summary

Directed by Ji-woon Kim (A BITTERSWEET LIFE, A TALE OF TWO SISTERS) and setting an all-time Korean box office opening weekend record this year, THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE WEIRD, an homage to Leone's similarly named classic, is one of the year's most anticipated genre titles.

Full Description

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE WEIRD, at face value, is a Korean remake of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY. However, updated with eye-popping colors, fast-paced editing, explosive action and a slightly different twist on the story, it stands on its own two feet quite nicely.

Set in 1930's Manchuria, the intricate plot pits three outlaws against the entire Japanese army and a mob of Russian gangsters in a race to find the "treasure" that will define the outcome of the Sino-Japanese war. (The story is complex; expect to read lots of complaints that it makes no sense, but trust me, it's all there.) Jung Woo Sung is "The Good". While not quite as iconic as the unforgettable Clint Eastwood, he is nonetheless handsome as hell and unflappably suave. He stands for the Korean resistance, determined to use every weapon at his disposal against the Japanese invaders. Lee Byung Hun is "The Bad". More widely known from JSA, A BITTERSWEET LIFE and HERO, he's as bad as villains come and also icy smooth. Employed by a treacherous warlord to waylay the treasure, he has no intention of sharing any of the profit with his employer.

The stand-out is Song Kang Ho, who won my heart irrevocably in THE HOST and is also well known from JSA, SYMPATHY FOR MR VENGEANCE, MEMORIES OF MURDER and LADY VENGEANCE. His turn as "The Weird", for my money, outstrips Eli Wallach's Tuco for sheer fun quotient and is a stellar three-dimensional performance that provides most of the buoyancy of the film that sustains the 2-hour plus run time. Apparently just a solo bandit out making a living, he stumbles across the prize and fights off all comers to hold on to it.

Last but not least, the desert filming location is a major star. This is a fantastic Wild West location, with an Asian flair. Magnificent scenery and set pieces are beautifully shot and squeezed for every ounce of spectacle. (Karrie League)

Source: fantasticfestcom

* Complete list at the designated thread, GBW with 8 nominations out of 15! rbhcool.gif

Our thanks & full credits to kdramafanusa at the Blue Dragon thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...60&start=60

Added images from official homepage (by Helena)

8bl75105_1.jpg

logo.jpg

The 29th Blue Dragon Film Awards Nominee List

[For movies released from 2007.10.25 to 2008.10.30]

BEST FILM 최우수작품

Seven Days 세븐데이즈

Forever The Moment 우리 생애 최고의 순간 (이하 우생순)

The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은놈 나쁜놈 이상한놈 (이하 놈놈놈)

The Chaser 추격자

Crossing 크로싱

a_1.jpga_2.jpga_3.jpga_4.jpga_5.jpg

BEST DIRECTOR 감독

Kim Yoo-jin 김유진 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

Kim Ji-woon 김지운 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Kim Tae-kyun 김태균 (Crossing 크로싱)

Won Shin-yeon 원신연 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Lim Soon-rye 임순례 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

b_1.jpgb_2.jpgb_3.jpgb_4.jpgb_5.jpg

BEST LEADING ACTOR 남우주연

Kim Yoon-seok 김윤석 (The Chaser 추격자)

Kim Joo-hyuk 김주혁 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

Seol Kyung-gu 설경구 (Kang Cheol-Jung: Public Enemy 1-1 강철중 : 공공의 적 1-1)

Song Kang-ho 송강호 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Lee Byung-hun 이병헌 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Ha Jung-woo 하정우 (The Chaser 추격자)

c_1.jpgc_2.jpgc_3.jpg

c_4.jpgc_5.jpgc_6.jpg

Jan-Sept 2008 News Index HERE c/o EverythingLBH

OctoberBH.jpg

October 2008

Oct 1: Hawaii fest highlights Korean cinema » ARTICLE

Oct 1: Two Song Kang-ho films in U.S. cinemas » ARTICLE

Oct 2: 13th Pusan Film Festival Opens » ARTICLE

Oct 2: Choi Jin-Shil Found Dead » UPDATE » PHOTOS

Oct 5: Pusan fest hosts actors roundtable » ARTICLE

Oct 5: Pusan honours Rising Stars » ARTICLE » PHOTOS

Oct 6: Korean Films Sold Overseas » ARTICLE

Oct 7: Japanese Satellite TV to Hold 'Lee Byung-hun Festival' » ARTICLE

Oct 8: 50 CDs signed by BH distributed to fans in Japan » ARTICLE

Oct 9: Lee Byung Hun jokingly said “Hollywood does not have human sympathy” » ARTICLE » MORE

Oct 10: Kim Tae Hee Has Been Cast in 'IRIS' » ARTICLE

Oct 10: PIFF Wraps Up 9-Day Run » ARTICLE

Oct 11: First Award for GBW (17th Buil Film Awards) » HIGHLIGHT

Oct 12: NOT ALL GLOOM - Suicide casts shadow at Korean film festival but stars soon perk up » ARTICLE

Oct 13: Kim Tae-hee Returns to TV Drama As Lee Byung-hun's Lover » ARTICLE

Oct 13: Kim Wins Best Director Award in Spanish Film Fest » ARTICLE

Oct 13: Southern Dramas Available in N. Korea (All In) » ARTICLE

Oct 15: Action and anti-heroes propel 'Good Bad Weird’ » ARTICLE » VOD

Oct 16: Acting work of top stars that totally changed their popularity for the best, a turning point indeed » ARTICLE

Oct 17: Stars' TV Comeback.. High Expectation and Much Anxiety at the same time » HIGHLIGHT

Oct 17: Lee Byung Hun won 970 votes, finest domestic actor voted at 13th PIFF survey » HIGHLIGHT

The Good, The Bad and the Weird screening in Los Angeles for AFI FEST 2008 » HIGHLIGHT

Oct 20: Director wins over audiences and critics » ARTICLE

Oct 22: [ORICON] Mariya Takeuchi, TVXQ set records » ARTICLE » MORE

Oct 24: From ITSUKA's sweet success, comes IRIS' drama treat.. maybe! » HIGHLIGHT

Oct 24: The Chaser; The Good, the Bad, and the Weird vie for international awards » ARTICLE

Oct 24: Lee Byung Hun’s costumes in Good Bad Weird stolen » ARTICLE

LBH 2009 Calendar » INFO » HIGHLIGHT

Oct 27: 2 Korean Films Win at Sitges International Film Fest » ARTICLE

Oct 29: SkyPerfecTV's SPECIALLY BYUNGHUN » ARTICLE