Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks to ylin for the highlight at bhjwlove.com

SkyPerfect TV

source : http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/movie/59473/

韓流スター”として日本でも人気の高い俳優イ・ビョンホンを、10月1日より1ヶ月にわたって特集しているスカイパーフェクTV!の『イ・ビョンホン祭り-韓流ファン感謝祭-』。この特集の目玉ともいえるロングインタビューが31日(金)に放映される。ビョンホンはプライベートの写真などを紹介するとともに、「『運命』のようなものに導かれるのではないか」と、自身の結婚観についても赤裸々に語っている。   

SKYPerfecTV in Japan is featuring popular actor Lee Byung Hun for 1 month from October 1st, in LBH festival- “Thanksgiving Day” for Hanllyu fans. The long interview which can also be considered the highlight of this special program will be telecast on Friday 31st Oct. A private picture will be introduced as well. LBH would talk openly about his view on marriage, "It may be led to something like "destiny".

59473_200810280431423001225172978c.jpg

59473_200810280468931001225172978c.jpg

59473_200810280443304001225172978c.jpg

59473_200810280454401001225172978c.jpg

Wow, how I have missed this thread! Hi Rubie *jumps up and down and waves frantically* How have you been? :D

I've missed a lot of Hunnie news I see, I really need to catch up. Has anyone seen GBW yet? What is it like? I have still yet to hear anything about a DVD release over here in the UK :( I haven't heard anything about a ICWTR release date either. And any recent news on Iris?

Sorry to bombard you all with questions but if you get tired answering them I came prepared with coffee for everyone, caffine all round! :P

Guest celina86

Heyy Guys

Just dropped in to say Hi...

I was away for quite a while now and it was not due to work but due to internet problems :crazy: God it was so hard for me to even spend a day without coming online... everyday I kept trying to go to Soompi.com with a hope that it shall work now but then only one message came up - Page cannot be found :tears: I thought I was going to mad then, it was been going on for weeks.... and then suddenly today I thought might aswell give it another try - "like it`s gonna work again", I thought. But then to my biggest suprise it actually worked this time - I don`t know how... I was screaming with joy :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It feels great to be back! :w00t: :w00t:

I can`t believe how much I have missed out here :unsure::unsure: Hoping to catch up soon :blush: :blush:

Wow, how I have missed this thread! Hi Rubie *jumps up and down and waves frantically* How have you been? :D I've missed a lot of Hunnie news I see, I really need to catch up. Has anyone seen GBW yet? What is it like? I have still yet to hear anything about a DVD release over here in the UK :( I haven't heard anything about a ICWTR release date either. And any recent news on Iris?

Sorry to bombard you all with questions but if you get tired answering them I came prepared with coffee for everyone, caffine all round! :P

WAVES and WAVES back! :w00t:H! Where have you been? Big hug!

rubie hasn't been well good lately.. really the baddest panda around.. at my worst behaviour :ph34r: *everyone is hating me now* .. but who would resist a good cuppa, anytime.. :blush: .. welcome back H, also Celina.. and Jenny.. how come all our UK hunnies go missing at the same time. :huh:

aWww.. you missed GBW in London.. (October 15 - 30: 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' screening at The Times BFI 52nd London Film Festival) but other than that the DVD hasn't come out yet.. probably not too long now. ICWTR? Hmm.. what movie is that? :mellow: Nope.. nope.. dontcare.gif .. it's officially MIA.

IRIS.. there's been quite a storm brewing on the IRIS ship.. but the waters have since calmed down.. and as BH would say (well, it's on his t-shirt ^^) .. all we can do is to weight and sea. :blush:

Heyy Guys

Just dropped in to say Hi...

I was away for quite a while now and it was not due to work but due to internet problems :crazy: God it was so hard for me to even spend a day without coming online... everyday I kept trying to go to Soompi.com with a hope that it shall work now but then only one message came up - Page cannot be found :tears: I thought I was going to mad then, it was been going on for weeks.... and then suddenly today I thought might aswell give it another try - "like it`s gonna work again", I thought. But then to my biggest suprise it actually worked this time - I don`t know how... I was screaming with joy :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It feels great to be back! :w00t: :w00t:

I can`t believe how much I have missed out here :unsure::unsure: Hoping to catch up soon :blush: :blush:

WAHHHHH!!! :w00t: Hi Celina.. welcome back to the thread! Missed you so much! :w00t: So good to see your ID again. So good indeed. :wub:

There's indeed lots for you to check out.. yupyup! :lol: Just let us know all BH clips & links that have expired.. you really don't want to miss anything. :rolleyes:

Btw.. the forum.. soompi.. hasn't been well at times. We do get (more than) the occasional "PAGE NOT FOUND" and "IPS DRIVER ERROR" notices. Sometimes up to 6-7 hours in a stretch.. usually after the back-up maintenance mode. Not that often to be alarmed (yet) but I guess.. it's just not your luck to be endlessly caught in one.

Come on over to the Byunghun of our Hearts news-blog for updates & links to soompi or drop by at EverythingLBH forum-site whenever this thread goes MIA.. while waiting for it to come back on. Look for the direct links at my siggy.. saving them would be better.. in case.. of anything..

ps: Celina.. after all the heartaches not being able to log in for so long (that would definitely drive me crazier that I already am :sweatingbullets: ) .. there's always the sweetest treat waiting.3drool.gifNot sure about anyone else.. but it's always the best to be able to read LOTS of BH updates & goodies all at once. :wub::P

WAVES and WAVES back! :w00t:H! Where have you been? Big hug!

rubie hasn't been well good lately.. really the baddest panda around.. at my worst behaviour :ph34r: *everyone is hating me now* .. but who would resist a good cuppa, anytime.. :blush: .. welcome back H, also Celina.. and Jenny.. how come all our UK hunnies go missing at the same time. :huh:

aWww.. you missed GBW in London.. (October 15 - 30: 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' screening at The Times BFI 52nd London Film Festival) but other than that the DVD hasn't come out yet.. probably not too long now. ICWTR? Hmm.. what movie is that? :mellow: Nope.. nope.. dontcare.gif .. it's officially MIA.

IRIS.. there's been quite a storm brewing on the IRIS ship.. but the waters have since calmed down.. and as BH would say (well, it's on his t-shirt ^^) .. all we can do is to weight and sea. :blush:

*Gives Rubie a big panda hug* Hi! :D Well I took my old ninja suit off the shelf and have been on holiday with my friends touring Italy & France for two weeks. It was amazing! I even went to Cannes :w00t: Too bad it wasn't when GBW was showing though :( Plus, I've just started Uni so I've been really busy latelty. But I'm settling in now and will have more time to spend on here YAY! Missed this place so much.

You haven't been well Rubie? Aww, I hope you feel better soon. Try my special brand of H's coffee, will make you feel like a new woman in no time hehe

Aww damn! Can't believe I missed GBW, I hope the dvd comes out soon. I NEED ME SOME HUNNIE! :crazy: ICWTR is I Come With The Rain, the one where there is a lovely shot of our Hunnies six-pack in the 5 minute preview :wub:

Hope to hear more news about IRIS soon, and how I could get access to it without resorting to anything illegal hehe jk :phew:

Guest celina86

WAHHHHH!!! :w00t: Hi Celina.. welcome back to the thread! Missed you so much! :w00t: So good to see your ID again. So good indeed. :wub:

There's indeed lots for you to check out.. yupyup! :lol: Just let us know all BH clips & links that have expired.. you really don't want to miss anything. :rolleyes:

Btw.. the forum.. soompi.. hasn't been well at times. We do get the occasional "PAGE NOT FOUND" error notices. Sometimes up to 6-7 hours in a stretch.. usually after the back-up maintenance mode. Not that often to be alarmed (yet) but I guess.. it's just not your luck to be endlessly caught in one.

Come on over to the Byunghun of our Hearts news-blog for updates & links to soompi or drop by at EverythingLBH forum-site whenever this thread goes MIA.. while waiting for it to come back on. Look for the direct links at my siggy.. saving them would be better.. in case.. of anything..

ps: Celina.. after all the heartaches not being able to log in for so long (that would definitely drive me crazier that I already am :sweatingbullets: ) .. there's always the sweetest treat waiting.3drool.gifNot sure about anyone else.. but it's always the best to be able to read LOTS of BH updates & goodies all at once. :wub::P

Hi Rubie-Hunnie... aaww I missed you so much :wub: :wub: :wub: yeah it feels great to be back again :w00t:

Oh and I thought I was the only getting the internet problem, it`s nice to know I was not the only having that problem :lol: (just kidding) I wish no one had to go through these problems, it`s so tough to handle :sweatingbullets:

But anyways, now that I`m finally here, I`m already catching up with what I missed out on... and I totally agree with you there, Rubie - it is more exciting to read lots and lots of treats of BH updates at one time :w00t: *jumps* :w00t:

Hi H, it`s great to see you back too :D:wub: It`s funny how we both came back on the same time or is it just the UK people :lol:

Hi H, it`s great to see you back too :D:wub: It`s funny how we both came back on the same time or is it just the UK people :lol:

Hi Celina! Great to talk to you again *hug* Hehe must be a UK thing Celina, this cold weather has made more time for me to increase my psychic powers :P Btw, I love your new banner :wub: Must give mine a makeover soon.

*Gives Rubie a big panda hug* Hi! :D Well I took my old ninja suit off the shelf and have been on holiday with my friends touring Italy & France for two weeks. It was amazing! I even went to Cannes :w00t: Too bad it wasn't when GBW was showing though :( Plus, I've just started Uni so I've been really busy latelty. But I'm settling in now and will have more time to spend on here YAY! Missed this place so much.

You haven't been well Rubie? Aww, I hope you feel better soon. Try my special brand of H's coffee, will make you feel like a new woman in no time hehe

Aww damn! Can't believe I missed GBW, I hope the dvd comes out soon. I NEED ME SOME HUNNIE! :crazy: ICWTR is I Come With The Rain, the one where there is a lovely shot of our Hunnies six-pack in the 5 minute preview :wub:

Hope to hear more news about IRIS soon, and how I could get access to it without resorting to anything illegal hehe jk :phew:

Hug back & congrats H.. our girl-hunter being on the road for two weeks, in Italy & France (you girls didn't stop in Prague?.. our BH was there).. going on tour is so awesomely cool & you've started your university life as well.. that will be one of the best time! Enjoy everything, studying and all..

LOL! ninja-girl-hunnie.. regarding ICWTR.. I was just pulling your leg! :P:lol:

We have not heard or seen anything ICWTR since that precious six-pack promo.. :sweatingbullets: .. the movie seems to be missing without a single trace. We read that it was going to be premiered at Venice Filmfest in July/Aug but there was a no-show. :ph34r: So.. no one knows what happened. :wacko: All the actors & director of ICWTR have started their own other projects.. and nothing about ICWTR from their side either. :mellow:

Not to worry.. if there's anything illegal about watching IRIS later.. believe us.. we'd all be pandas partners in crime. Hehee..

Is there any news when I come with Rain will have it's US showing? I am so excited for that one. Takuya and LBH , hotties galore! :wub:

Hi zashi.. everyone is still waiting for this, too. :sweatingbullets: Not only the US release.. 'I Come With The Rain' hasn't had its premiere anywhere.. at all.

Btw.. how's BH's latest Japanese single.. have you got your copy from CDJapan? :blush:

And oh.. tell us all about GBW later, ok? You're going for the AFI Fest screening.. right? rbhcool.gif

Hi Rubie-Hunnie... aaww I missed you so much :wub: :wub: :wub: yeah it feels great to be back again :w00t:

Oh and I thought I was the only getting the internet problem, it`s nice to know I was not the only having that problem :lol: (just kidding) I wish no one had to go through these problems, it`s so tough to handle :sweatingbullets:

But anyways, now that I`m finally here, I`m already catching up with what I missed out on... and I totally agree with you there, Rubie - it is more exciting to read lots and lots of treats of BH updates at one time :w00t: *jumps* :w00t:

Days without soompi or most specifically without this special thread is just too much to handle :sweatingbullets: .. simply too much.. not knowing anything.. not being there.. sure knows how that feels. But hopefully no more of that (and lesser internet problems).. so good to see you back, feels that we are back as well! :D

Yahooo.. the thread will be blazing with cool banners and icons.. yupyup! Most definitely more Hunnie-talks, too.. the best of all! :wub:

---

Btw, thanks so much to fans & friends taking time to join the 'Meet and Greet' survey at Byunghun of our Hearts. Didn't realize that we have lots of Japanese & especially Korean fans visiting the blog to read BH news. :wub:

Hope everyone here will join the simple survey as well, just a little of your moment means a lot to us. :blush: Everything about Lee Byunghun is ours to share & cherish.

Guest ellabel

^^ Welcome back, AutumnLeaves and celina! :)

Happy 3rd anniv to Everything LBH!

I also wonder what happened to ICWTR. :unsure: It boasts of a good ensemble of actors and a supposedly artistically famous director. I cant believe there's no major outfit willing to release it.

Heard our lil sis panda is going to watch GBW in SG soon. I envy our hunnie pandas in SG. They get to watch the best K-movies, concerts and stars who makes SG their shooting site.

Happy Halloween hunnies! :ph34r: TGIF!!! :w00t:

Hi zashi.. everyone is still waiting for this, too. :sweatingbullets: Not only the US release.. 'I Come With The Rain' hasn't had its premiere anywhere.. at all.

Btw.. how's BH's latest Japanese single.. have you got your copy from CDJapan? :blush:

And oh.. tell us all about GBW later, ok? You're going for the AFI Fest screening.. right? rbhcool.gif

LBH's latest single, have not ordered this from cdjapan, because I was kind of hoping I could get direct from the friendly Kinokuya in my town. :D But failing to find it there, then I will order. (was trying to by pass the shipping fees and being the excitable person I wanted to get in my hands right away no waiting for Mr. Postman). hehehehe.

I could not get the tix for the first showing (Nov. 1, if ever there will be a film maker talk intro I have a feeling that will be the timeslot to attend. I have somewhere else to be at..sadly :( ). But will ditch work :lol: ( don't tell my boss....and being the model hunnie panda employee that I am ...and try to make it for the second showing of the film. Wish me luck tickets are still there when I try to get one.

October 27, 2008

2 Korean Films Win at Sitges International Film Fest

200810171345511122_1.jpg

The 41st Sitges Int’l Film Festival, Europe’s biggest fantasy film fest, awarded KIM Ji-woon’s The Good, The Bad, The Weird the Best Director prize when it wrapped Oct. 12 in Catalonia. The film also picked up the Best F/X award. Top prize went to Jennifer Lynch thriller Surveillance.

Also awarded was NA Hong-jin’s The Chaser, winning the Orient-Express Casa Asia award for outstanding Asian film. KIM’s western and NA’s thriller were the two top grossing films at the Korean box office this year, collecting 7.1 million and 5.1 million admissions respectively.

NA’s The Chaser recently won Best Film at the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival in Korea. The tough crime-thriller follows an ex-cop-turned pimp chasing down an elusive prostitute killer.

KIM’s The Good, The Bad, The Weird revolves around a treasure map, and stars Korea’s top male leads, SONG Kang-ho, LEE Byung-hun, and JUNG Woo-sung. It is set in Manchuria during the Japanese colonial period.

KIM has been to Sitges twice in the past to present his previous films A Bittersweet Life and A Tale of Two Sisters. In 2006, director BONG Joon-ho received the Orient Express award for his monster hit The Host.

Credits: Nigel D’Sa (KOFIC)

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/KOFIC/Channel?...esimul_SNO=1105

Some great Jeju photos shared at the All In thread, our thanks to jacqueline. :D

I went over to Jeju Island to Visit the Shooting site for this drama...very beautiful place...

Anyone going to korea should visit this place...especially during autumn... :blush:

Here are some pictures that i would like to share...Took it during my visit last week :)

img1898zo3.th.jpg img1840lg8.th.jpg img1841gc7.th.jpg

img1858up7.th.jpg img1867kn7.th.jpg img1874qd1.th.jpg

LBH's latest single, have not ordered this from cdjapan, because I was kind of hoping I could get direct from the friendly Kinokuya in my town. :D But failing to find it there, then I will order. (was trying to by pass the shipping fees and being the excitable person I wanted to get in my hands right away no waiting for Mr. Postman). hehehehe.

I could not get the tix for the first showing (Nov. 1, if ever there will be a film maker talk intro I have a feeling that will be the timeslot to attend. I have somewhere else to be at..sadly :( ). But will ditch work :lol: ( don't tell my boss....and being the model hunnie panda employee that I am ...and try to make it for the second showing of the film. Wish me luck tickets are still there when I try to get one.

Hope you will be able to watch the second screening, zashi.. it'll be so cool to be able to catch the movie sooner although it'll have its own US-release sometime next year.

I still haven't got around to ordering the CD either :sweatingbullets: .. although it's high on the list (plus there's the 2009 calendar too.. not sure how to get this one :wacko: ).. now.. something else.. pc-wise came up.. had to re-adjust my self-pamper-Hunnie-budget.. if any. :blush: :lol:

Btw.. thanks for the sharing at All In thread, too.. appreciate it very much. :blush: Despite the non-stop postings from this eternally silly-soul.. like.. everywhere and all the time :sweatingbullets: .. it feels like a total stranger in the threads that I love the most.. i.e. all Byunghun related ones, of course.

Speaking of the untraceable ICWTR.. found this awesome & cool sharing highlighted at Planet BH0712. thumbup.gif

Credits to lifeisntcool (not sure if this blog is somehow related to Byunghun-ssi himself)

bh1_lifeisntcool.jpg

A MUST-READ indeed! Could it be.. sure looks like LBH's own transcript for that bloody scene in ICWTR.. the one where Su Dongpo hammered someone in a plastic bag to death. :ph34r:

The wordings might appear too small at first glance but simply save this image and using the picture preview, zoom-in on the scripted synopsis. Also notice that some rather intricate English words translated in Korean/Hangul.. probably done by CP to assist BH? Does seem like his handwriting.. friends at the thread who had met him might be able to clarify this. :blush:

Looking at those terms describing the character's emotions & state of mind.. we definitely see how BH got to deliver his role effectively. He learnt and understood Su Dongpo inside-out.

bh2_lifeisntcool.jpg

bh3_lifeisntcool.jpg

bh4_lifeisntcool.jpg

bh5_lifeisntcool.jpg

Previous 13th PIFF update mentioning BH, just found.. :blush:

October 5, 2008

Pusan fest hosts actors roundtable

Management, promotion help China actors

By MARCUS LIM

PUSAN – Maturing talent management and localized promotional activities are paving the way for Asian actors in overseas markets, according to participants at the Asia Pacific Actor’s Network forum held this weekend at the Pusan Film Festival.

The roundtable event saw representatives from pan-Asian tenpercenteries like China’s Chengtian 18 Artists Management, Korea’s Artistview and SM Entertainment, together with a mix of actors from various territories, discuss the state of cross-national casting within Asia and Hollywood.

According to Song Wan-mo, the CEO of Artistview, successfully promoting his artists overseas has necessitated a segmentation of the agency into specific divisions catering to the U.S. and Japan. He cited the casting of actor Lee Byung-hun in a guest role in the 2007 Takuya Kimura-starrer “Hero” as one attempt to introduce the Korean megastar to Japanese audiences.

Han Jae-min, prexy of SM Entertainment, echoed this view by emphasizing the importance of localization. “If our talent goes to China or Japan, they will need to speak the local language. That’s why we are also selecting partners and establishing branches in these overseas markets, to help our actors and actresses move into those countries,” he said.

But while management executives were upbeat about international casting prospects, the mood from participating talent was decidedly muted. Native Asian actors like China’s Jacqueline Li and Japan’s Juri Ueno were circumspect about the opportunities for actors in overseas markets, citing poor foreign-language proficiency as barriers to entry. Their Asian-American counterparts, on the other hand, were more vocal in their skepticism.

Korean-American actress Moon Bloodgood cited a diminishing slice of the casting pie, noting that Hollywood producers were now more likely to cast an Asian star with an installed domestic fanbase in roles that would have otherwise gone to Asian-American actors, citing Korean pop star Rain’s inclusion in the recent “Speed Racer” as one example.

Separately, the forum was preceded with the signing of a memorandum of understanding for greater collaboration between the Pusan International Film Festival and the Hollywood kudosfest, the Asian Excellence Awards.

Source: Variety com