Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

^ Thanks Ching for the download link, can't wait to watch it.. so far so good.. :rolleyes: Hehee..

Press Conference: "The Good, the Bad, the Weird

The full crew of The Good, the Bad, the Weird gathered to meet the press today. Present were director Jee-woon Kim and actors Woo-sung Jung, Byung-hun Lee, and Kang-ho Song. Here are the highlights:

Regarding their respective characters:

Byung-hun Lee:

"I think that basically, all these characters possess all three characteristics: the weird, the bad, and good; they're all three at the same time. The worst of the three is probably the one who's sitting next to me, and that's the director!" (laughter)

Good morning pandas! Although I'm not that early.. .. :P

Still no pics form the Red Carpet.. :unsure: :blush: ..but coming very soon.. huh.. Last night was like the STORM at the panda forest.. so exhilarating! Thanks so much to all and everyone for the great & perfect sharing, the best there is!

Hahaa.. regarding BH's GBW statement.. it is known that he is especially fond of Dir. KJW since 'A Bittersweet Life' and he loves to tease the shy director but they have a really cool, close relationship. Also.. our Hunnie is extremely good when interacting with the media and very proficient in interviews. That's why we'd always see or rather read great responses from him everytime. Interesting and insightful, wiitty but never empty.

Edit!

Oops.. there they are! The images haven't appeared for me.. but I saw the title by ylin!

Guest Janie Simply

Thanks for all the above links and pics, they are so heavenly :w00t:

Fun interview posted by Hyc, yeah, that's what the guys said at the end "FIGHTING" :lol:

^ Wah! Morning wake-up COFFEE of the best kind! :wub:

Thanks everyone for the Cannes special delivery! MWAH!!!!

The men looked kinda identical in their tux! :lol:Except for JWS who's a bit taller than the rest ^^

It was mentioned the last time he was in Cannes that Dir. KJW (a jeans + cap guy) might be a bit uncomfortable in the formal suit.. I think he still hasn't got used to the idea of wearing the tux.. looking at the GBW Red Carpet. :P

Guest Janie Simply

Director Kim looks aged, no doubt mature & manly in that tux; He looks so much younger with cap & jean :sweatingbullets:

The red carpet vid by MRS Le: did they forget to interview La Brute :unsure:

Aish, wanna hear BH speaks English so badly, maybe later as in after the screening, another 3 hours to countdown :sweatingbullets:

Hey, JWS looks so very happy there esp at the end of the clip :w00t:

Bon to see they are so buddybuddy again at the red carpet :sweatingbullets:

Guest ylin

Oh... am sooo happy, Hunnie getting cheers from the whole theater again, just like what happened in 2005 :blush:

and he always touches his nose when he is kanna embarrass (hmm...did i used the right word :P )

1211677004990_2.jpg

Hahaa... I just saw the KBS2 interview clip! So cute! :lol: A lot of time they're making fun of JWS.. LOL.. maybe because he's the youngest among the three. :blush: Often times I thought JWS is the serious type of actor but he's really cool, funny and totally at ease with BH & SKH-ssi.

Can't wait for the magazine spread.. they looked fabulous!

Guest Janie Simply

What are they cheering him for :w00t: he feels bashful there :sweatingbullets:

Thanks Helena for the daum pics!

They're probably complimenting the actors on their portrayal in the movie. Most would probably remember BH from BSL.. and in GBW, he totally took a really different persona. :blush:

Those pics are awesome, lovelovelove them all!

Guest Janie Simply

While waiting...here's other highlight, pretty juicy :P

LBH apologized to the media for upsetting the original press conference. He said that he had submitted his Cannes schedule to G I Joe three months ago but apparently there is some conflicting schedule in the filming thus he couldn't get the final approval until recently.

Paramount private jet was supposed to fly him in to Cannes but somehow it was forbidden so they have to enroute to Austria and flown in by Lufthansa Airline. He was happy that he could fulfill his promise to attend the rescheduled press conference and stay in Cannes for 3 days and 2 nights. The GBW were thrilled to see him last night, when he first got in the hotel, he received hugged from Director Kim and Song.

Skip... talking about GWB filming experience and Bittersweet Life movie, very good info but too complicated to translate :sweatingbullets: .

BH said he has been away from home for more than 200 days due to G.I. Joe filming which was right after GWB filming. He said he really missed home and home-cooked meal.

When asked if he were to get married, will he continue this kind of hectic lifestyle?

He said that would do damage to his family; so he is considering wheather to get married or not.

Media asked if he is aware that his former girlfriend SHK was in Cannes a few days ago?

He smiled and graciously responded that he declined to accept this type of question.

The news said he is friendly throughout the interview and smiled non-stop.

^ Thanks Janice for the Cannes juicy tidbit.. what a Hunnie treat! :w00t:

Maybe.. Paramount's offer of the private jet is to make up for the unavoidable late arrival for BH to the festival since he had asked for leave quite awhile before. I thought they still had the press conference on the 23rd but I assume Dir. Kim would want his GBW cast to be complete before answering any questions. He must be most relieved when BH finally arrives! :sweatingbullets:

BH is an extremely homely person.. he definitely had thought about a lot of things especially those most important to him, especially his family. Kinda sad reading that he doesn't want to unnecessarily strain a relationship especially close ones due to his working style. But he'll definitely settle down when time is right. I think.. he's saying all that (in a way reflects his hectic life & current projects) so that there'll be NO further inquiry on his personal matters.

Janice-hunnie.. I think.. you meant "decline" than declared :blush: .. regarding the million dollar SHK-question. BH is known to be very tight-lipped about anything relating to his ex (after the break-up) because anything he says the media will think of 10 different version of spicy speculation.

Hope we'll get to see the clip and full translation of the interview, too.. that would be so awesome!

ps: no wonder there's different updates regarding the flight situation.. Paramount private jet and Lufthansa. No wonder there's so many confusing details on this. Seems that BH did use both .. :sweatingbullets: :blush:

Guest Janie Simply

Rubie, I knew you hated to hear the air plane thingy again :wacko: but this is from the mouth of your Hunny.

He was scheduled to fly to Cannes via Paramount private jet but somehow has to enroute to Austria and took Lufthansa Airline to Cannes.

edit:

yes, Rubie, it's declined, thanks! He is very diplomatic in tackling that million dollar question :sweatingbullets:

Shh... I really wish they could get back together one day so he could declare it ;)

Helena, the GBW daum links are precious sharing! I'm like ylin.. even worst.. totally lost and totally blur each time I click on the GBW site although I knew it has a lot of cool pics. *hopeless panda*

Btw.. any dl links or VOD from the press conference.. besides the one at Cannes official site? :unsure:

Rubie, I knew you hated to hear the air plane thingy again :wacko: but this is from the mouth of your Hunny.

He was scheduled to fly to Cannes via Paramount private jet but Cannes would not allow the plane to land something like that; so they had to fly to Austria and take Lufthansa Airline to Cannes.

O kay, case closed for good regarding this flight thingy; Like you said earlier, the important thing is he is here to stay :sweatingbullets:

It's alright Janice, I really appreciate this.. at least we got to the bottom of the confusion because I'll be wondering and can't help rambling about it, each time I read about the plane issue.. not knowing the real deal. Now.. hearing from BH himself, everything is clear. :blush: :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for providing the gist, it may seem just fun tidbits but we really appreciate the translation. Knowing what he actually said is the best, best thing!

ps: let LOVE find its way to their hearts.. together or separately.

Guest kdramafanusa

Helena, the GBW daum links are precious sharing! I'm like ylin.. even worst.. totally lost and totally blur each time I click on the GBW site although I knew it has a lot of cool pics. *hopeless panda*

Rubie, I will check GBW Daum site again; will share when new pics are added there.

Janice, thanks for all the info. I usually just read & summarize 1 news article (so busy with different threads); have to skip other similar ones so I wouldn't know all the details (and/or futher updated ones) as reported by other sources.

I wonder if there are sites at DC, they are usually packed with information there.

Btw.. any dl links or VOD from the press conference.. besides the one at Cannes official site? :unsure:

http://search.daum.net/search?w=vclip&...%F0%B3%F0%B3%F0