Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

HI,

someone from Jo In Sung thread gave this alternative link

mms://newsvod.kbs.co.kr/news/news_8am/2008/03/10/700k/120_1.asf

Hi Huang! This is awesome, great sharing! Thanks to the member at JIS thread too. :blush:

Really appreciate the direct link, wow! I'll definitely try to download this. Hope my FlashGet is working now.. just realized that my hd have been overloaded with a lot of unnecessary files that's now being cleared up. No wonder everything have been super, super-slow for me. Blurr.. blurr.. :sweatingbullets:

If I can't get the mms link to work, I'll be at the mercy of anyone who can provide an alternative link for us. Merci!

Again, thanks for looking up the link to share with us, really appreciate it! ^^

HI,

someone from Jo In Sung thread gave this alternative link

mms://newsvod.kbs.co.kr/news/news_8am/2008/03/10/700k/120_1.asf

Hi Huang! This is awesome, great sharing! Thanks to the member at JIS thread too. :blush:

Really appreciate the direct link, wow! I'll definitely try to download this. Hope my FlashGet is working now.. just realized that my hd have been overloaded with a lot of unnecessary files that's now being cleared up. No wonder everything have been super, super-slow for me. Blurr.. blurr.. :sweatingbullets:

If I can't get the mms link to work, I'll be at the mercy of anyone who can provide an alternative link for us. Merci!

Again, thanks for looking up the link to share with us, really appreciate it! ^^

File uploaded to filesend.net

Download link

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=8d7...64ccf31ba1fd02e

So glad that you have really jumped into the thread without any hesitation or reservation whatsoever, H .. because that's how it should be... we need more fans & friends to talk about LBH and everything about him. Sometimes, we may have to adjust ourselves but it's normal and not at all difficult to do especially when we're here for LBH.. huh.. huh. So.. come on, people! ^^

These days, if we rely on just the news (if any!) or pics (if we're lucky!!).. eventually there will be NOTHING to post at all.

Btw.. Celina.. or H or ylin or anyone interested and up for it.. can I trouble you hunnies for some simple banners for EverythingLBH? It's something we can do to update & highlight our thread with.

I agree Rubie. We should jump into the deep end, stare down the barrel of the gun and pee into the wind... well maybe not that last one but you know what I mean lol :rolleyes:

You're right, without news or anything it can get very quiet so we should adjust ourselves to anything. We should be like Chameleon Hunnies lol

I'll give some banners a go when I get back from college today :P Must go now as I have to get ready. I wish I could stay on here all day, it's so windy and rainy outside :( Talk to you all later :D

File uploaded to filesend.net

Download link

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=8d7...64ccf31ba1fd02e

Our COOL Ching to the panda rescue! :w00t:

Merci beaucoup! :wub: Mwahahaa!

I agree Rubie. We should jump into the deep end, stare down the barrel of the gun and pee into the wind... well maybe not that last one but you know what I mean lol :rolleyes:

Like.. HUH!?! lmfaomg5.gif

You must have had a great dream last night.. to be so spunky everyday! LOL! Did you dream of Hunnie, huh.. huh? Quick, spill it all out! :w00t:

I'll give some banners a go when I get back from college today :P Must go now as I have to get ready. I wish I could stay on here all day, it's so windy and rainy outside :( Talk to you all later :D

aWw.. wished you could stay all day here, too.. beats all the windy, rainy and chills out there. But learning what you're learning.. in college.. now.. who knows.. may help you work with BH someday. :blush: Not an impossible dream, very realistic I might add. :rolleyes:

In the meantime.. we wait for H to return :P and our HUNNIE to appear. *pleasepleaseplease*

Guest celina86

So glad that you have really jumped into the thread without any hesitation or reservation whatsoever, H .. because that's how it should be... we need more fans & friends to talk about LBH and everything about him. Sometimes, we may have to adjust ourselves but it's normal and not at all difficult to do especially when we're here for LBH.. huh.. huh. So.. come on, people! ^^

These days, if we rely on just the news (if any!) or pics (if we're lucky!!).. eventually there will be NOTHING to post at all.

Btw.. Celina.. or H or ylin or anyone interested and up for it.. can I trouble you hunnies for some simple banners for EverythingLBH? It's something we can do to update & highlight our thread with.

Yeah we should get this place active as much as we can, even if there isn`t any latest news or pics... but as long there are fans and friends here, then we still dicuss about Everything LBH :D

BTW, Rubie, I`m working on a last batch of LBH banners and icons which I shall be posting soon :blush:

Guest huangsy

Thanks Huang for the permanent dl link, really appreciate the sharing.

But.. there's only one clip.. right? Both are the same. :mellow:

yes, only 1 file, so link URL is the same

^ Thanks for the clarification, Huang.. truly appreciate all the Hunnie-sharing. ^^

Yeah we should get this place active as much as we can, even if there isn`t any latest news or pics... but as long there are fans and friends here, then we still discuss about Everything LBH :D

BTW, Rubie, I`m working on a last batch of LBH banners and icons which I shall be posting soon :blush:

Celina.. that is so heartwarmingly cool to hear! :lol: Yup.. whatever we have to share, it'll always be about our Byunghun.. most definitely! :wub:

Can't wait for the awesome Hunnie creations! :w00t: Hehee..

Guest shred

The Korean psychological thriller Addicted, starring Lee Byung Heon and Lee Mi Yeon, has been remade by Hollywood (sigh) — the American version, Possession, stars Sarah Michelle Gellar (hmm) and Lee Pace (yay!) and is set to open on the 28th. With the rash of Korean films being given the glossy Hollywood treatment (in addition to Addicted and Il Mare [made into The Lake House], My Sassy Girl and Tale of Two Sisters are in the works), let’s hope ONE of them can get it right.

Credits: dramabeans.com, imdb.com, movies.ign.com

ugh, based on the Possession trailer that i saw last year - the remake has definitely butchered LBH's film <_<

question: does The Good, The Bad and The Weird have a release date yet?!

i've seen Hero around - i still need to watch that :sweatingbullets:

and question ... are we still allowed to pass videos around? i'm thinking of ripping my BSL DVD's special features and share it here.

btw, i just rewatched To Heaven ... omg, that MV will never fail to make me teary eyed :tears:

i was showing the MV to a younger friend of mine. she doesn't know BH but she said, the lead guy is charming *grins*

ugh, based on the Possession trailer that i saw last year - the remake has definitely butchered LBH's film <_<

question: does The Good, The Bad and The Weird have a release date yet?!

i've seen Hero around - i still need to watch that :sweatingbullets:

and question ... are we still allowed to pass videos around? i'm thinking of ripping my BSL DVD's special features and share it here.

btw, i just rewatched To Heaven ... omg, that MV will never fail to make me teary eyed :tears:

i was showing the MV to a younger friend of mine. she doesn't know BH but she said, the lead guy is charming *grins*

Oooo.. that's you, babe ^^.. the one in the yellow submarine! :lol: I was wondering.. who could it be.. maybe our Hunnie. *panda sweetly hallucinating away* LOL

I still stand firm.. not going to watch Possession. :wacko: Luckily.. it's nothing like Addiction despite being the remake or whatever! :sweatingbullets:

According to CJ Ent, GBW will be released on July 10th.. 2 days before BH's birthday.. obviously. :blush:

To Heaven is awesome.. it's movie-like video music was just superb and still a top fave in Korea. It's one of the projects that BH did prior to JSA that slowly steered his career's big comeback turnaround. Great collaboration actors.. with the rest of the MV cast, those whom he worked with again in Happy Together & All In. I know that you like KHN, too.. right, chula? :P

But I love him in Eternal Love as well (BH looks so much younger, too.. even though it's filmed the same year as To Heaven, I think).. that MV especially the part 2 never fails to make me bawl like a baby. :tears:

ps: is there a soompi rule that we can't share the BSL feature.. or are you refering to BH Ent's notice? I'd love to watch all the BTS. ^^ Btw, I've send the ecards to BH via CP.. not expecting any replies and clearly, there hasn't been any. Sigh. :unsure:

Guest shred

oh yes, i do like KHN - though i haven't been watching any of her dramas - or any dramas at all recently :lol:

but seeing the MV again made me want to rewatch Happy Together :P

i'm sure Possession is going to be slammed by the critics -_-

rubes, i'm mainly referring to his agency's notice. i'm kinda weary about that LOL but i think sharing links here in the kdrama forum is allowed because i've seen it done in the drama threads. our other option is to just share it through PMs :P

oh yes, i do like KHN - though i haven't been watching any of her dramas - or any dramas at all recently :lol:

but seeing the MV again made me want to rewatch Happy Together :P

Hahaa.. chula-hunnie.. you're just like our fayenatic.. she really adores KHN as well. :D Haven't seen her at soompi at all :mellow: .. since 2005 (?).. wonder where is that All In shippah? :blush: Sigh.. so many memories we have, huh. (thought of watching KHN's On-Air but I can't find any LQs, and non-CB if possible)

I'd love any discussion about Happy Together. Such a sweet, sweet series. :blush: Lots of tears but a whole lot of love, especially! Btw.. have you seen the 'To Heaven' NG gif that summer posted at the thread.. it's so cute, KHN messed up in the train scene and BH was laughing, too. :P

Anyway.. I'll be PMing you some stuff to update the first post. No worries ok, you just edit them in whenever.. whenever. :blush: I'm still checking on some info, though. Just to keep myself HDS-free.. as if! :lol:

As much as we want to abide and respect the notice of his agency.. and we do.. I think it's quite ok to share amongst ourselves here (the PM is one way). At least soompi isn't that well known, when it comes to LBH fans. Maybe we're being forgotten in the long run as there are priorities.. fan-wise. I have some concern about the stuff we share at the fanclub, etc. But we're doing it discreetly and only as a way to discuss/talk/highlight about BH.. hopefully, without crossing the line.

Guest celina86

*Some gifts of Hunnie to share* :blush: :blush:

Icons/Avis

BSL

28bs177.jpg12317go.jpgpojdt.jpg

Misc

9gyiq8.jpg2iavsbp.jpg15xpdz6.jpg

rlkwaf.jpg2gwfkmq.jpgnn0fx0.jpg

Banners

EHAS

xnwarn.jpg

Misc

1217n1i.jpg

2e6fznk.jpg

29mnbjb.jpg

2ce4rxf.jpg

2zqa07q.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to use any :D :D

Like.. HUH!?! lmfaomg5.gif

You must have had a great dream last night.. to be so spunky everyday! LOL! Did you dream of Hunnie, huh.. huh? Quick, spill it all out! :w00t:

aWw.. wished you could stay all day here, too.. beats all the windy, rainy and chills out there. But learning what you're learning.. in college.. now.. who knows.. may help you work with BH someday. :blush: Not an impossible dream, very realistic I might add. :rolleyes:

In the meantime.. we wait for H to return :P and our HUNNIE to appear. *pleasepleaseplease*

:lol: I wish I had a dream about Hunnie Rubie. Instead I had a dream about a creepy old guy chasing me with garden shears... oh no wait that wasn't a dream, it was my next door neighbour last week... how was I supposed to know he liked that garden statue so much? Just a slight mis-calculation with my slingshot that's all :rolleyes:

If I ever got to work with LBH one day I think I would probably spontaneously combust :w00t: lol

Celina, amazing banners and icons as always. Thanks so much for sharing them :D I especially love the 3rd and 4th banners... sooo sexy :blush:

Guest celina86

:lol: I wish I had a dream about Hunnie Rubie. Instead I had a dream about a creepy old guy chasing me with garden shears... oh no wait that wasn't a dream, it was my next door neighbour last week... how was I supposed to know he liked that garden statue so much? Just a slight mis-calculation with my slingshot that's all :rolleyes:

If I ever got to work with LBH one day I think I would probably spontaneously combust :w00t: lol

Celina, amazing banners and icons as always. Thanks so much for sharing them :D I especially love the 3rd and 4th banners... sooo sexy :blush:

ROFL your neighbour chasing you with garden shears :lol: :lol: that must have been a sight to see :lol: (jokes)

Thanks for the comment, H... the 3rd and 4th are my favourite too, I`m proud how they turned out :blush:

WAHH! Where's our Celina? :wub: :wub: :wub: HUG!

Such lovely, sexy banners await! :w00t: Love the banners .. we're certainly in the mood for some Hunnie-love, huh.. huh. I like how the EHAS banner had turned out. Something different, well done! Mwah!

The last one.. is just precious. :blush: Indeed a DELIGHT!

---

H.. H.. hunnie ^^.. you've got to leave that poor neighbour out. What kind of garden statue he had.. was it a gargoyle, by any chance? LOL!

I know that you're practising your targets to keep our BH safe. :lol:

March 12, 2008

The Korean-American Movie Wave

By: Philip W. Chung

Is the future for Asian American filmmakers in the East?

I wrote in this column a little over a year ago that Korean film companies were beginning to invest in Asian American (specifically Korean American) projects and looking to the American market to expand. This year’s San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival, taking place later this month, is a good place to gage the impact of this trend.

This year’s festival boasts more than 18 works by Korean or Korean American filmmakers, as well as two of the key works that have come out of this Korean American collaboration: Michael Kang’s West 32nd. and Gina Kim’s Never Forever.

The 26th San Francisco International Asian American Film

Festival runs from March 13-23: www.asianamericanmedia.org.

artsreelstoriesly7.png

A young lawyer (John Cho) enters the underworld

of Korean gangsters in Michael Kang’s West 32nd.

West 32nd stars John Cho (Harold & Kumar) as a young lawyer who must enter the world of Korean gangsters to solve a murder, while Never Forever stars Vera Farmiga (The Departed ) as the wife of an infertile Korean American man who hires an illegal Korean immigrant to impregnate her.

But both films were made by young Korean American filmmakers and were financed by major Korean film entities. In the case of West 32nd, Kang was backed by CJ Entertainment, a top Korean studio the equivalent of a Warner Bros. or Universal.

“Working on West 32nd with CJ was overall a great experience,” said Kang, whose 2005 debut feature The Motel was well-received. “I felt like I could tell a very personal story without having to compromise the intentions or have to explain it to them. At the same time, it allowed me to stretch my filmmaking muscles and play in a genre form that required backing from a real studio.”

The Korean film industry should be applauded for its efforts in supporting brethren outside of the country; no other Asian country is reaching out in the same way. Granted, it’s not all altruistic. The Korean film industry sees Korean and Asian American filmmakers as a possible way into the American market and the vast resources that lie within. Still, these very talented young artists may not have been able to get their projects off the ground without this support.

But the problem is none of these films have yet made an impact box office-wise, either in the U.S. or Korea. So far, there hasn’t been a Better Luck Tomorrow or Chan is Missing in the bunch — a film that truly breaks through. If that doesn’t happen in the near future, it’s very possible that these opportunities may quickly dry up.

There is, however, another related trend that I couldn’t have anticipated a year ago — Korean actors crossing over into American films. Here’s just some of what you’ll see in the next year: My Sassy Girl’s Ji Hyun Jun (as Gianna Jun) starring as an anime vampire slayer brought to life in Blood: The Last Vampire; pop star Rain in two Wachowski brothers projects — Speed Racer and the just announced Ninja Assassin; Byung-Hun Lee (A Bittersweet Life ) in G.I. Joe alongside Dennis Quaid; Dong-Kun Jang (Tae Guk Gi) in Laundry Warrior with Kate Bosworth; and Korean American turned Korean heartthrob Daniel Henney as a mutant in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Most of this casting news has only been announced in the past two months, which means it’s still too early to tell what, if any, effect the melding of Korean stars and Hollywood movies will have. But along with the Korean companies’ support of Korean American filmmakers, I think this Korean American trend is about to reach critical mass. Whether it blossoms into a genuine movement that opens real doors for Asian American filmmakers or bursts under the weight of its failures will largely be determined in the next couple of years as audiences make their decision the only way that counts — with their wallets.

Philip W. Chung is a writer and co-artistic director of Lodestone Theatre Ensemble.

Credits: Asianweek.com, thanks to cacao-lovelbh.com for the highlight

http://www.asianweek.com/2008/03/12/asian-...-american-wave/

Btw, warm welcome to our 44th member #45 at the fanclub! Yes! :lol:

Copied from LBH soompi fan club, by kimchibabe. Banner from Celina. ♥

beautiful man...LBH

2zqa07q.jpg

elation..

the word that best describes what i feel when i read about him

its a warm feeling that comes with being proud of this man

its being happy for the successes that have come his way

its the satisfaction of knowing him, what he was then and what he is now

its the serene hope for what he will be

its a quiet celebration in your heart and its all because of him...

March 14, 2008

Hero
Posted by luna6 

Name : Hero
Release Date : September 8, 2007
Director : Masayuki Suzuki
Starring : Takuya Kimura, Takako Matsu

“Hero” is based off the immensely popular 2001 Fuji television show of the same name. Back in 2001, the television “Hero” garnered ratings in excess of 30%, an unheard of number at the time. After watching the movie “Hero” I can certainly understand why the television was such a hit in its native Japan. Simply put the star studded cast of “Hero” makes watching the movie a whole lot of fun to watch, even with its run-of-the-mill script. 

For the movie version of “Hero”, eccentric District Attorney Kuryu (Takuya Kimura) returns to Tokyo after a six year absence. Dressed in tattered denim jeans and hooded sweatshirts, you would never guess Kuryu is an attorney. His assistant Maiko Amamiya (Takako Matsu) still works at the D.A.’s office and is ready to help Kuryu. Before Kuryu has time to settle in, his boss assigns Kuryu a new case. The case formerly belonged to Shibayama (Hiroshi Abe), but because of Shibayama’s divorce proceedings, his boss would rather have Kuryu handle the case. 

At first the case seems fairly straight forward. The defendant, Keiseke Umebayashi, appears to be a hot-tempered young man who beat up another man in a fit of rage resulting in the other person’s unintentional death. They also have Umebayashi’s confession and an an eye witness to the fight. Case shut right? Not quite.

When Kuryu arrives in court a red flag immediately goes off. Kuryu notices that Umebayshi has one of the most renown “not-guilty” attorneys in all of Japan, named Gamo (Koshiro Matsumoto - Takako Matsu’s real life father), as his personal attorney. Kuryu and his staff are stumped on how a low level street kid could retain such an elite lawyer like Gamo. Furthermore, it doesn’t take Gamo long to refute all the seemingly clear cut evidence brought forth by the D.A.’s office. Kuryu and his staff must now work furiously to uncover the mystery behind Umebayshi and his elite connections. 

The hows and whys behind the Umebayshi case is unveiled without much thrills, but rather in a light hearted manner staying true to its television lineage. The movie also makes a side trip to Busan, South Korea and features a cameo appearance by popular South Korean actor Byung-hun Lee, but don’t watch “Hero” for this reason alone. Kuryu and and Amamiya are in South Korea for only 15 minutes of the movie runtime and Byung-hun Lee appears in two scenes that lasts no longer than a minute combined. (Nice way for Byung-hun Lee to pick up a paycheck, but not so nice for the fans that wanted more from the Korean connection). Furthermore, the filming locations chosen for the backdrop of their Korean trip was lousy, never revealing any of the charm found in the port city of Busan. The best thing about their 15 minute escapade to Korea was to hear Takako Matsu recite a few Korean lines in a charmingly broken manner. (as I've mentioned in my comment at Lunapark6, LBH was not paid for Hero because of the very brief cameo role he's playing but he might be allocated some reward due to the successful run & top box-office record that the movie had in Japan especially)

As stated earlier, the storyline found in “Hero” is strictly marginal stuff, which would normally kill most movies. But “Hero” isn’t your normal movie and like the Umebayashi character himself, the movie holds some very elite connections. The cast of “Hero” does wonders to make something so remedial into a charming affair. The chemistry between Takuya Kimura and Takako Matsu seems real and their relationship turns out to be the true drawing card for the film. The impressive supporting cast (Hiroshi Abe, Teruyuki Kagawa, Fumiyo Kohinata, Ittoku Kishibe, Haruka Ayase) collectively give the movie a feel good ensemble cast type of feel, something like “The Wow-Choten Hotel” but with a weaker script. “Hero” is mostly a lightweight shtick, but works anyways because of its charming performers.