Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

That's a really nice ecard for BH, chula. Simple yet sweet. ♥ Monochrome. :blush:

^^ Thanks chula sis.... it's simple and nice... :wub:

That's one of my fave pic of Hunnie... that was in SG i think... he's wearing a pinkish shirt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/ell.../lbh2SG2005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/ellabel/LBHSG2005.jpg

Yeah... those were the days. An awesome experience, not just for the Singapore fans but for everyone.. in so many ways. The floral pink shirt that he wore.. so casual, smart & sexy... the BH-effect. Come to think of it... he looks so good.. relaxed, cheerful & not thin. :blush:

Ella... the second pic, it's credited to Shirley. She took that pic, one of the best close-up shots of BH.

ylin, Ching... panda-CNN.. is BH spotted anywhere, yet? :unsure: He'll be leaving for Tokyo today, right?

Guest ellabel

Oh ok..... edited my post and credits made..... but, i've seen a lot of similar pics and just save them, i cant recall anymore who posted who...or who owned what..... also, many pix had been reposted again and again ... of corz, i'm always very thankful for those who shared.... :D

Here's a LBH Bday tv gif made by omma B., credits and thanks to her.... was this 2 years ago?

LBHBdayTV.gif

Oh ok..... edited my post and credits made..... but, i've seen a lot of similar pics and just save them, i cant recall anymore who posted who...or who owned what..... also, many pix had been reposted again and again ... of corz, i'm always very thankful for those who shared.... :D

Here's a LBH Bday tv gif made by omma B., credits and thanks to her.... was this 2 years ago?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/ellabel/LBHBdayTV.gif

Thanks Ella, please don't take it the wrong way.. ok... it's understood that we'd always, always appreciate every LBH sharing at the thread... pics, clips & goodies.. everything. Just that... for a moment... I dunno. :mellow: Something I remembered... the past tugging.. looking at the pic. Definitely we cannot remember all and every little thing, especially as time passed.. 2, 3, 4 years going by. The more we try to remember all, the blurrer we get... believe me... I can vouch that for sure. :blush:

I think the tv gif was from 2 years ago, too. That's when everything and everyone were at the best of time. :wub: Last year we had a quieter celebration but still as lovely. This year will be no exception. :blush:

Guest ellabel

^ Nah... i din take it any other way, rubes.... it's nothing....sometimes, several ppl post the same pic simultaneously so u really dont know who to give credit too...... it's different if it's really a personal artwork..... i know what u mean and some ppl can really be very particular about these things... i am too actually but, there are also limits and unavoidable circumstances or inadvertent errors that cant be prevented.

There seems to be a pretty interesting article at empas on love-lines (?).. the lines on our palms... those related to some Korean celebs, including LBH, BYJ, CJW, KTH among others. Not sure what it's saying... anyone with gist for BH?

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_ss/20070...E7+%B8%B6%0B%7D

They showed the pics of them waving.. while BH's hand-wave look awkward (wasn't his best).. the lines are quite clear to see. :mellow:

Guest ellabel

^^ I wonder what the palm lines of BH says. :rolleyes:

It says.... His career will continue to flourish..... His latest movie, GBW will be a box office hit. He will continue to receive more blessings in his life and he will marry a pretty, petite woman from Southeast Asia. :lol:

Looking at my pb files, i found this "krung-krung" work of my twin sis, Cha Park...

CPvisitcha.jpg

sarah hunnie!!!! Boggoshiposo!! :wub:

Hahahaa.. the previous posts of our VIP were really the highlight of our thread, wasn't it! :lol: Can't help smiling so wide just thinking of all the panda excitement.. totally rocking the forest. :P From panda-patrol teams to panda alerts on YMs to earrings!!! :w00t: Aw... such happy, sweet & incredible memories those were. I can't believe that CP actually told us that BH had put on some weight :P.. but of course.. all the pandas were punching the keyboards in speeding time to ask him 1001 questions (+ more!) each time he came.

Such an awesome, once in a lifetime experience. :blush:

random post -- i was going through my PC's LBH folder (yes i have one haha) and found this

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2141/present01um1.jpg

anyone has a clear copy of this mosaic picture? you know the finished product? i would like to keep a copy :D

Hahahaa.. the previous posts of our VIP were really the highlight of our thread, wasn't it! :lol: Can't help smiling so wide just thinking of all the panda excitement.. totally rocking the forest. :P From panda-patrol teams to panda alerts on YMs to earrings!!! :w00t: Aw... such happy, sweet & incredible memories those were. I can't believe that CP actually told us that BH had put on some weight :P.. but of course.. all the pandas were punching the keyboards in speeding time to ask him 1001 questions (+ more!) each time he came.

Such an awesome, once in a lifetime experience. :blush:

ya, those were the days.... i was pretty new here then and i was telling myself why the sudden commotion in the forest :lol:

until i figure out who's this VP (CP) and that's too late :D

Guest ellabel

ylin hunnie, i have a pic of the original mosaic project in my handphone.

Will see if i already have in my PB.

LBH Birthday cakes courtesy of our missing panda, Gigi/Mrs. Lee...

For 2005

LBHbdaycake05.jpg

For 2006

LBHb-daycake06gigi.jpg

Lots of Korean food....

LBHbday06food.jpg

An Update.....

BH has already arrived in Japan at 1pm this afternoon.

He wore a white hat with sunglasses and blue/white checks shirt

Thanks to ping@bhjwlove for sharing the information.

and I found this :w00t::w00t::w00t:

f0013346_159395.jpg

f0013346_1592255.jpg

credits to kiss me LBH

Guest ellabel

Wahhh!!!! :w00t: You are really our pandaCNN, ylin sis.

Hope BH will have a great and happy celebration in Japan. *luckyJaps*

I also hope we can get more pics.

Guest ellabel

I'm such a ratpack... :lol: .since we've been digging memorable goodies... Found these in my BH files....

Tthis was posted/shared by rubie before..... thanks...

A nice old article on LBH.... (cant post the pics coz i save it in Word only).. while waiting for more BH-Japan news....

2003-03-31: Call me for a date

Call me for a date

LBHHumbleguy.jpg

Lee Byung Hun, star of Korean drama serial All In, is willing to dine with fans or catch a movie with them, thanks to a lack of paparazzi culture in Korea

By Samuel Lee

IF KOREAN actor Brian Lee Byung Hun has any regrets, it is the fact that his Asian fans will not get to hear his deep and manly voice when his latest TV show is exported.

Lee, one of the hottest heartthrobs from the Land Of The Morning Calm, has been keeping South Koreans glued to their television sets with his understated performance as a gambler with a dark past in the immensely popular Korean drama serial, All In.

'It's a pity all the efforts I put into my breathing techniques and my speaking parts will be lost because everything will be dubbed in Chinese,' he lamented in Korean during a press conference earlier this month at Jeju island, where much of All In was filmed.

The 24-parter co-stars the beautiful Song Hae Gyo (Autumn In My Heart) as his star-crossed lover.

Since its debut on Jan 15 on the Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) TV network, All In has been one of the most watched prime-time programmes on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 pm, with viewership reaching as high as 40 per cent across Korea.

Riding high on the so-called Korean wave of TV dramas, movies and pop music which has been sweeping across China, Hongkong, Taiwan and South-east Asia since the late-1990s, All In will premiere in Taiwan on the GTV network early next month.

Other TV stations across the region, including both MediaCorp's Channel 8 and SPH MediaWorks' Channel U, are still in negotiations with the distributor.

The ripples generated by the wave have also upped the popularity of Korean stars across Asia. Where the likes of Song and Lee only had a domestic following previously, they are now practically mobbed whenever they go on promotional tours in cities such as Hongkong, Taipei and even Ho Chih Min City .

Boyish-looking and tanned, Lee's sexiness combines the Sensitive New Age Guy (Snag) of Autumn In My Heart's Song Seung Hun and the bespectacled Bae Yong Jun (Winter Sonata), with the rough-and-ready appeal of Shin Hyun Joon (Guns & Talk) and Jang Hyuk (Volcano High).

Candid and upfront, Lee, 32, admitted to being a narcissist when he was younger.

'I used to think I was very good-looking. But after so many years of looking at myself, I've got bored and don't think so any more,' he told journalists from Hongkong, Taiwan, Thailand and Singapore through a translator, before breaking into laughter.

Spotted in 1991 after taking part in a nation-wide acting audition organised by the government-owned Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) TV station, he won acting awards at KBS but never quite made it big.

His luck changed in 1998 when he was cast in a music video for K-pop singer Cho Sung Mo called To Heaven.

From then, audiences sat up and paid attention whenever he appeared on the big screen (Harmonium In My Memory and Joint Security Area) and on television (Happy Together and Beautiful Days).

Critics also singled him out for his versatility in tackling sensitive new age roles such as those in Harmonium and Beautiful Days, as well as macho ones in Joint Security Area. He also won praise for the sense of sophisticated masculinity in his acting.

Fans all over Asia are also smitten with him because, unlike stars from Hongkong, Taiwan or Hollywood, he is quite an open book, thanks to the absence of a paparazzi culture in Korea.

He is fine with them using his manager's mobile phone number, which he leaves on his website, to arrange dates with him.

Describing it as 'a great honour', he said he would oblige when time permitted.

'I've had dinners with fans from Singapore. In fact, members of my Singapore fan club also came to Seoul last year to watch my movie, Addicted, with me,' he said.

Alas for his fans, he has had no time for anything like that lately due to the filming of All In.

The schedule during one period was so intense, he had to film for four days on end, followed by a trip to the United States for a location shoot.

'It was so bad I had to ask my mother to pack my bags and pass them to me at the airport,' says the filial son who still lives in Seoul with his widowed mother, grandparents and a younger sister, who was first runner up in the Miss Korea beauty pageant in 1996.

Surprisingly, he makes no bones about the fact that he drinks and smokes and that his favourite brand of cigarettes is Dunhill.

Furthermore, despite rumours that he wears a foundation colour darker than his skin tone to make him look more tanned, he openly spoke with journalists while getting his makeup touched up in their presence.

In fact, he was so comfortable with the media, he sat down readily to have a quick bite with them before starting the press conference.

'Just don't take pictures of me eating. I want to enjoy my food,' he said as he cut into his steak.

Send your comments to stlife@sph.com.sg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 THINGS ABOUT HUN THE HUNK

1. A MAJOR in French literature, theatre and cinematography at the Hanyang and Joongang universities, both in Seoul, Brian Lee Byung Hun speaks French, English and a bit of Mandarin though he prefers to use a translator when meeting foreign media.

2. His deep, rich bass voice has lent itself to an animation feature, and theme songs for KBS drama Tomorrow Love and the movie, Who Is Making Me Crazy.

3. Though swamped with recording offers, he turned them down to focus on acting until 1999, when he released the album, Tears.

4. Similarly, he is flooded with more product endorsement deals than he can handle and his face has launched everything from furniture to cologne.

5. His best buddy is another popular actor, Song Seung Hun, whom he met on the set of Beautiful Days in 2001. (actually... it should be Beautiful My Lady, not BD - rubes)

6. According to a recent readers' poll by Screen magazine, a Korean version of Britain's Screen International, Lee ranks No. 4 in the list of Top 10 Most Popular Korean Actors - after Sol Kyung Gu, Han Suk Kyu and Jung Woo Sung.

7. The 12 years he spent in show business have earned him a string of nicknames. The more memorable ones include 'The celebrity who smokes in style', 'Possibly the best kisser', 'A VIP hotel staff love most to serve' and alternately, 'A star most likely to be a playboy' and 'A star least likely to be a playboy'.

8. Still single, he is looking for 'someone who'd feel like a long-time friend, yet can evoke that first-time feeling of freshness'.

9. Given his fluent English, Lee is eyeing Hollywood, but is giving himself more time to 'brush up and refine' his acting.

10. Eight hours in the making, his bedroom scene with Song Hae Gyo in SBS drama serial All In sets a new record in Korean TV production.

source: http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/life/stor...,180285,00.html

Gratitude to wenyi at www.leebyunghun.com for sharing the article

:lol: Ella.. has been very busy with her treasure :rolleyes: ... err.. chest! :P Hunnie-sis.. no need to mention me for posting the article before (I'm here to share & ramble) and besides, you've already got the original credit at the bottom of the piece. As long as it's about BH, and for the HunniePandas when it's appropriately due.. I'm fine with the sharing, just don't credit me. The one-time mention is only for that one pic earlier.

An Update.....

BH has already arrived in Japan at 1pm this afternoon.

He wore a white hat with sunglasses and blue/white checks shirt

Thanks to ping for sharing the information.

and I found this :w00t::w00t::w00t:

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200707/11/46/f0013346_159395.jpg

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200707/11/46/f0013346_1592255.jpg

credits to kiss me LBH

:w00t: I'm thankful for the pics... I'm thankful for the pics... but want to see his face & smile. :blush: It's been soooo long! :sweatingbullets:

Wahhhhh.... my ramble-question has been answered! :P :blush: Cool!

It says.... His career will continue to flourish..... His latest movie, GBW will be a box office hit. He will continue to receive more blessings in his life and he will marry a pretty, petite woman from Southeast Asia. :lol:

If BH indeed will have this kind of fate, he is truly blessed ... I wonder though if a Southeast Asian wife can eat kimchi for breakfast, lunch & dinner. :wacko:

I'd like to take this chance to greet one of the most talented actors in the Korean Film industry, one who has earned the respect not only of his colleagues but the viewing public as well and one whose dedication to his career is beyond reproach.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE BYUNG HUN sshi

I wish you more success, more recognition & more challenging roles in your acting career.

May you be blessed with good health, and a happy, fulfilling & peaceful personal life!

Guest shred

^^ Thanks chula sis.... it's simple and nice... :wub:

That's a really nice ecard for BH, chula. Simple yet sweet. ♥ Monochrome. :blush:

thanks maja and wubie!

Looking at my pb files, i found this "krung-krung" work of my twin sis, Cha Park...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d120/ell.../CPvisitcha.jpg

sarah hunnie!!!! Boggoshiposo!! :wub:

puahahahahahaha maja! gawsh that made me laugh :lol:Cha Park better be here tomorrow to post her birthday greeting though <_<:P

anyone has a clear copy of this mosaic picture? you know the finished product? i would like to keep a copy :D

ylin - i'll check my folders tonight if i actually have one!

Guest ellabel

If BH indeed will have this kind of fate, he is truly blessed ... I wonder though if a Southeast Asian wife can eat kimchi for breakfast, lunch & dinner. :wacko:

*raises hand* Me!!! Me!! I love kimchi and i can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :P:w00t:

long time no see here, armin sis.. tho we always see each other at the sky thread.

hmmm.... i know we shud not greet each other here so i cant greet you advance happy birthday on the 14th. ;)

*raises hand* Me!!! Me!! I love kimchi and i can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. :P:w00t:

long time no see here, armin sis.. tho we always see each other at the sky thread.

hmmm.... i know we shud not greet each other here so i cant greet you advance happy birthday on the 14th. ;)

Yeaah, it's bawal (not allowed). Anyway, salamat.