Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

KoBiz 1/22 Awesome news, KEYS TO THE HEART crosses 1 Million Admission and gaining a lot on Maze Runner: The Death Cure at Number 1. Still at number 2 but only a difference of 2000+ tickets, KEYS TO THE HEART has accumulated 100,648 on Monday making it 1,012,034 total. Bravo Brothers! fight.gif

January 23, 2018

KEYS TO THE HEART 1 Million Achieved, 2 Million We Aim!

Source: STARNEWS ++

KEYS TO THE HEART, the comedy-drama starring Lee Byung Hun, Park Jung Min, Youn Yuh Jung et.al has reached the 1 million admission mark after 6 days opening nationwide. The well-received family movie is actively chasing the Hollywood flick Death Maze: The Death Cure which is currently the number 1 movie at Korean box-office.

• Like 4

January 24, 2018

Recent Weibo posting from LBH Weibo  (a translation)

20180124b_2.jpg

20180124b_1.jpg

20180124b_3.jpg

In the new movie "KEYS TO THE HEART" stage greetings:  Thank you very much for your enthusiastic response.

Source:  LeeByungHyn0712@weibo.com

• Like 4

January 24,  2018.

A first endeavour to “follow” Lee Byung Hun in Stage greetings for “KEYS TO THE HEART” in Busan and Daegu.

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

sg4.jpg

sg5.jpg

sg6.jpg

In the company of two other LBH  fans, I went to Korea to attempt attending “stage greetings” for the first time.   With the benefit of knowing the stage greeting schedules, we tried to purchase tickets in both Busan and Daegu the first day we arrived in Busan.  However not knowing Korean and therefore not being able to order tickets in advance in the Internet is a huge handicap.  Even on a Friday before Stage Greetings on Saturday and Sunday, the most desirable front row seats were all gone .  We lucked out in Lotte cinemas in Busan because their website crashed and tickets needed to be purchased in person. 

The stage greeting at the special theatre at BIFF (Busan International Film Festival), a beautiful facility was completely sold out.  We thought we could catch BH entering the complex.    After checking the entire building, we concluded the most logical access is the elevator which connects to the theatre located on the 9th floor from the basement carpark.    We waited and waited but BH never appeared!   Alas, we did not realize that that BH actually travelled by a promotional bus which cannot enter the carpark!    

bus.jpg

Despite this set back, one of our very experienced fan, even though she had never been to Busan and Daegu, managed to map out on what shows we should get to catch BH either at the beginning or at the end of each movie. The stage greetings that we were able to secure each took about 10 minutes.  An Emcee would introduce the Director, LBH and Park Jung Min. They will each say a few words, each distribute a box of noodles or poster and they would leave. Unless one pays special attention and tries to shake LBH’s hand, they whole continent will leave and protected by security guards.   It is very difficult to attempt shaking LBH’s outside the cinema because he is so well protected! Not familiar with the environment, we cannot anticipate his routing after he leaves the cinema.  The contingent uses staff entrances as short cuts.

In total, we shook his hands 4 times and attended 6 stage greetings.  We met a large number of Japanese fans and Korean “Rubeurs” members and I was told that they are long term LBH supporters.  For this first attempt of attending stage greeting, I would say that the experience is truly memorable and rewarding!  

BH was all smiles at the stage greetings.  He recorgnized “Angel 70” and said “Long time no see”  to her.    I said:  “It is a pleasure to see you again”.  He smiled and repeated the word “Again”.  I guess I need to show my face at more BH “functions” to be recorgnized.   LOL!!!!

• Like 4

January 24, 2018

Impressions of the Movie  “KEYS TO THE HEART”

sg3.jpg

c-tickets.jpg

The movie has a relatively simple plot.  LBH plays Jo Ha,  a washed up boxer who reunited

with his long lost mother played by Yoo Yuh Jung and a younger brother Jin Tai, played by Park Jung Min.   Jin Tai who has “savant syndrome”  is a brilliant  piano player. LBH portrayed his part very well and showed great but mixed emotions.  While he has deep feelings for his mother who abandoned him, he is also upset  that his mother is so protective of Jin Tai.  Although Jin Tai irritates and takes advantage of him, Jo Ha clearly loved his brother.  Park Jung Min has to be particularly complimented for his brillant piano playing given he never played the piano before acting in this movie.  The movie is comical at times and it is truly very moving!   Unfortunately, even though we watched the movie several times,  we missed a lot of the subtle elements of the plot because there were no subtitles!  We obviously missed the jokes as well! 

• Like 4

January 24, 2018

A visit to “Chungmuro” subway station.

chungmuro1.jpg

chungmoro2.jpg

chungmoro3.jpg

chungmoro5.jpg

chungmoro6.jpg

chungmoro7.jpg

We visited Chungmuro subway station because it is considered as the street of culture,  artists and the film industry.  One can find:  posters of award winning movies,  film clips of the award ceremonies in 2017, photos of well known stars.  We found posters of three Lee Byung Hun award winning movies:  “JSA: Joint Security Area”, Gwanghae: The Man who became King” and “Inside Men”. 

• Like 4

@peonie Awesome sharing, Barbara! A super treat of pics, clip, review and most of all, truly wonderful recap of being a part of the stage greeting events -- seeing, cheering and meeting Lee Byung Hun upclose in Busan & Daegu, back-to-back. What a great feeling to read the fabulously insightful fan encounter and experience here at the thread. Thank you so much for always spoiling us.. for more. :lol: LOL. Finally.. a cool companion and perfect timing definitely created an unforgettable trip for you. Must say, this is such a detailed write-up and fan-sharing that we haven't had in a long long time. Well done, we love it so much!

Clip: CJ Entertainment @cjenmmovie

• Like 4

Looks like this is the Chinese version trailer and new poster for the movie screening in Taiwan this February. A bit different from the official Korean and international trailers, this one features more scenes with Youn Yuh Jung and Han Ji Min alongside Park Jung Min & Lee Byung Hun.

January 24, 2018

KEYS TO THE HEART Opens in Taiwan on February 23

Clip: GaragePlay@garageplay.tw

Photo: Yahoo!Taiwan

20180223tw.jpg

• Like 3

January 25, 2018

"KEYS TO THE HEART" a fan review (a translation)

20180125b_1.jpg

I was just checking the name of the movie because I used QR code instead of getting the movie ticket.  The plot is a bit outdated because I can guess what will happen next.  However, the movie has a magical spell that kept me from watching my watch and the person beside me.  I didn’t even think when the movie will end.  (I am very easily distracted)

I do not want to miss any of the jokes.  It was so funny that I involuntarily pat on the person next to me.  After a little laughter, I wanted to cry.  Towards the middle I could not control my tears.  The end is insipid and offers no surprises.  It seemed there is no better way to end it. Sometimes, a sudden reversal is unbelievable.  Perhaps a dull finish will forever be engraved in the heart. 

The first movie of 2018 is really great!   Originally I wanted to say that I shall see the movie by myself if I cannot fine anyone to join me. If I found someone, at least I can at least hit her, Ha Ha! 
After watching the movie, I was in good mood. 
I smile when I think about the plot.
The fact cannot be impossible, but an opinion.
I loved the male lead!
# Keys to the Heart 

Source:  kang_97123 @ instagram

• Like 3

January 25, 2018

Lee Byung Hun - downtrodden boxer king.  
Audience surpassing one million in 6 days.  
 (A translation) 

20180125b_2.jpg

In the new movie “KEYS TO THE HEART”, 47-year old Korean actor Lee Byung Hun played the WBC Asian Boxing champion. But for some reason, is reduced to distributing leaflets on the street.  He accidentally met his mother who has left home.  Together with his mother and half brother Park Jung Min who is autistic, he started a new living.  Known as the new version of “Rain Man” the movie attracted over a million audience and earned 247 Million Taiwanese Dollars within 6 days of release.

Park Jung Min practiced hard on the piano

Park Jung Min portrayed an autistic person with savant syndrome.  For this movie, he practiced playing the piano 5 hours per day for half a year. When he shot the movie, he did not use a double and played the part himself.  The year before at the Blue Dragon Film Awards, he won Best New Actor.  Lee Byung Hun praised him as “an acting genius” .

“KEYS TO THE HEART” will be released in Taiwan on February 23.  

Source: garageplay.tw@ instalgram 

• Like 3

January 26, 2018

Korean netizens highly appraised “KEYS TO THE HEART” saying “they are so moved that they become crazy!” (Translation of part of the original article) 

20180125b_3.jpg

20180125b_4.jpg

20180125b_5.jpg

20180125b_6.jpg

“KEYS TO THE HEART” received high appraisals from three well known Korean web portals:  MAXMOVIE 9.6 points, NAVER 9.2 points, DAUM 8.9 points respectively.  Whether it is the story, and the music, it was well received.  In particular, the acting of lead actors:  Youn Yuh Jung, Lee Byung Hun and Park Jung Min and the chemistry created among them tugged at one’s heartstrings.

South Korean netizens gave “KEYS TO THE HEART” extremely hign praises:  “Let a person go crazy, make a person laugh followed by non stop tears.  For the longest time, there hasn’t  been such a moving and resonating movie!” , “Some people say Lee Byung Hun’s acting was very good; Youn Yuh Jung’s  Han Ji Min’s acting were very good; but without Park Jung Min, this movie cannot be complete. One is reminded of Jo Seung Woo’s <Marathon>, the impact of the heart, the plot, acting, music made this a great movie!”, “The first time that I like the sound of the piano, the movie is really good.”  “Acting is really impressive “ 

AP, a fim critic of APCinema said:  “Lee Byung Hun, unlike the past, is not acting the high profile roles.  In contrast,  his part is a downtrodden boxer.  Even his dance is very amusing.  The interaction of the three family members in “KEYS TO THE HEART”  is similar to “Rain Man.”  It gets more and more moving towards the end. 

Film critic Hao Hao said:  Each character in  “KEYS TO MY HEART” has a lonely and closed side.  Through interaction  among themselves, they were able to radiate warmth, illuminate each other’s dark corner and untie the knot in each other’s heart.  All the actors are impressed with Park’s acting.  Aside from his gifted piano playing, his interpretation of the tension of severe autism is also very adequate.

The turning point of Lee Byung Hun’s mood transitional level felt warm and realistic.  The media also praised Lee’s and Park’s acting.  “Lee Byung Hun’s mood transition from being homeless to finding a sense of belonging at home is very much in place.  Park Jung Min practised hard to become a professional piano player differs from other films’ and or dramas’  hilarious performance,  is a great breakthrough.  With director Choi Sung Hyun’s ingenious conception without any deliberate sensationalism, the audience is naturally touched.   

“KEYS TO MY HEART” described boxing champion Kim Jo Ha  (Lee Byung Hun) who now has nothing,  encountered his long lost mother of 17 years In Sook (Youn Yun Jung.)  Downtrodden without regular meals, he has no choice but to return to his mother’s home.   The moment he opened the door, he saw a strange youth named Oh Jin Tae. (Park Jung Min). Although with different last names, he is Jo Ha’s brother.   Jin Tae suffers from autism and savant syndrome.   Jin Tae is a self taught very gifted piano player.  What he hears or sees on the internet, he can accurately replay them.  Jo Ha and Jin Tae who are so different from one to another started to cohabitate with their mother In sook.  The brothers will start a new chapter of life because of the relationship with their mother.  “KEYS TO THE HEART”  will be released on February 23 in Taiwan.  For more release information, please see the official website of the garage entertainment http://garageplay.tw Garage with Korean fans page.

Source: http://www.iwant-radio.com/showinformation.php?sisn=41727&ln=big

• Like 3

On 1/12/2018 at 11:45 AM, rubie said:

Published on January 11, 2018 by renaultsamsungM

Renault Samsung Motors QM6 TVCF, Winter Driving

Source: MK News ++

Spoiler

0th image of the article

It's interesting that Chinese actor Yu Xiaoguang (Woo Hyo Kwang) also appeared in the QM6 new TVCF. He actually has a few QM6 snippets as well. BH Entertainment has featured his CF photos at the official Instagram. Not sure if he's also under the agency alongside his wife, actress Chu Ja Hyun - both of them have been pretty popular after appearing in a couple reality show. As of now, BHEnt (from the official FB) has 21 artistes under the same roof including a Japanese model who works in Korea.

Spoiler

본문이미지

January 25, 2018

Lee Byung Hun-Woo Hyo Kwang's Photos

Source: OSEN

20180126bh_1.jpg

20180126bh_2.jpg

From Woo Hyo Kwang's weibo

• Like 3