Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

1/31 B.O. Update: Number 2 - 123,050 daily,  2,286,537 total

Alas, KEYS TO THE HEART now at number 2, in between two new movies released on Jan 31 (Psychokinesis and Insidious: The Last Key). But it is alright, as the movie is still attracting a good amount of moviegoers and it's almost the weekend again (when the screens become extra lively :lol: ). Maintaining the good pace will definitely bring a good result, our movie is an especially heartwarming story for everyone. Slow but steady, a fun & surely sweet treat ~ it's not the end, obviously. 

joha_dance1.gif

The audience-word-of-mouth factor can still be an advantage to KEYS TO THE HEART... So, fighting! user posted image

• Like 3

2/2 B.O. Update: Number 2 - 78,480 daily; 2,429,573 total

KEYS TO THE HEART is holding strong at number 2 and the difference between the top two movies are getting smaller since Thursday. We hope to see the 2.5 million admission by Saturday or Sunday and the 3 million mark is definitely possible as long as KEYS TO THE HEART is in the top ten. user posted image

Clip: CJ Entertainment USA @cjent_usa

• Like 3

February 3 B.O. Update: Number 2 - 186,736 daily;  2,616,307 total

At number 2, KEYS TO THE HEART coolly surpassed 2.6 million admission and closing in on the gap with the number 1 movie. While it'll probably be the same position between the two till next Wednesday (if newly released movies would claim the top spot), the ticket difference between KEYS TO THE HEART and Psychokinesis is only about 17K. Interestingly, Park Jung Min is featured in these 2 Korean movies currently showing. 

With less than 400K to reach 3 million admission, it's really a possible chance for KEYS TO THE HEART. Sunday's ticket tally could really push the movie and hopefully in the next 3 days or so, we'll set another milestone. cat2_e0.gif

Just came across these photos, from the first week's stage greeting in Busan, I think. Posted by Park Jung Min's manager, if not mistaken. Welcome back @peonie... Barbara, were you in the audience behind the trio? :)

Photos: hwang_yeon_ha

• Like 3

th_poster_oops.gif I spoke too soon... but.. it's all good... because...

February 4, 2018

KEYS TO THE HEART is at Number 1 again! dancing_by_allsmileys-d794ov2.gif

Source: KoBiz

It's really a tight tally between the two Korean movies at the weekend box-office. KEYS TO THE HEART with daily admission of 175,814 (2,792,118 total) and Psychokinesis with 164,349 (847,016 total) on Sunday. This is certainly a good result for KEYS TO THE HEART despite having lesser screens than Psychokinesis. The audience word-of-mouth have been really positive and encouraging for KEYS TO THE HEART since day 1. Congrats!

• Like 3

February 5, 2018

Quote:

Just came across these photos, from the first week's stage greeting in Busan, I think. Posted by Park Jung Min's manager, if not mistaken. Welcome back @peonie... Barbara, were you in the audience behind the trio? :)

Photos: hwang_yeon_ha

Unquote

@rubie I was not in the audience but I remembered this cinema with cushions for the front row seats where I kept my belongings.  I needed my hands to be free so that I could shake Lee Byung Hun's hand.   :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

February 5, 2017

20180204b_1.jpg

Lee Byung Hun talked about “KEYS TO THE HEART” on SBS program:  says comedy is his specialty (a translation) 

On February 3, Lee Byung Hun appeared on the SBS program  “Movie World” and showed his confidence on being a comic actor.  During the show, Lee commented on the topic of  the comedy  “KEYS TO THE HEART”   He said “ During the filming process, I had been thinking and felt that comic acting is my main specialty.  While shooting, I acted very freely.”  expressing satisfaction.  

With respect to his proficiency in improvising lines, Lee Byung Hun said:  “Indeed, there are many lines that I improvised in the movie.”  As of yesterday, February 2, according to the results of the box office tally, the cumulative number of viewers for  “KEYS TO THE HEART” has reached 2,429,573.  In addition, the movie “KEYS TO THE HEART” tells the story about the relationship between a former boxer (Lee Byung Hun) and his brother who suffers from Savant Syndrome.  The movie was released on January 17.  

Source: http://www.allthatstar.com/tw/view.php?action=5209&postID=389054

• Like 3

February 5, 2018

“KEYS TO THE HEART”  film review by a Taiwan Film Critic (a translation)  

A group of people who are not good at expressing themselves - “KEYS TO THE HEART” 

garage-play-1.jpg

Before watching the movie, I thought it would be an inspirational movie through which Lee Byung Hun encouraged Park Jung Min to develop his musical talents, like the American film classic “Rain Man”.  However, after having seen the movie, I felt the movie which was supposed to focus on Lee Byung Hun had been almost taken away by Park Jung Min. What is more, one would even think that Park Jung Min is the protagonist of the story. 

“KEYS TO THE HEART” described the story of a downtrodden boxer who reunited with his mother who abandoned him and his autistic brother and how he got along with this brother.  On one hand, the story described Lee Byung Hun’s desire for  a comeback, but was lonely and frustrated.  At the same time, the movie described the process of how he got along with his brother and how he learned to express his feelings.  On the other hand, through the younger brother Park Jung Min’s role, the movie explained how a simple autistic person expressed his feelings straightforwardly through (direct body movements and music), and how the brother's actions affected those around him. 

garage-play-2.jpg

Actually, there are not a lot of warmth moments in the movie; there are more conflicts between mother and son due to long term misunderstanding which caused  mutual injury. 

In the movie, whether it was Lee Byung Hun who resented his parents, the self-exiling female pianist Han Ji Min, the mother of the two children, Yuon Yuh Jung, and the mother of Han Ji Min, each with their own short comings, all clumsily tried to conceal their injured feelings.  However, it was Park Jung Min’s role that connected all these people with regrets in their lives, and enabled them to gradually learn or be willing to calmly face their true feelings.

As a result, when the female pianist plays the piano again, she is willing to embrace it;  when the mother is seriously ill, she is willing to face the mistake of abandoning her child.

garage-play-5.jpg

Two persons, disabled at different times,  strike a sympathetic chord because of music. 

When the boxer finally discovers that he has a brother which is a part of his life,  he is willing to turn his back on the fact that he is no longer alone.  As the female pianist’s mother helped his autistic brother to perform on stage; his brother, who only lives for music,  played a movement with his pure and true emotions;  Lee is able to release all his repressions and be comfortortable.

garage-play-3.jpg

Lee Byung Hun’s performance is very persuasive in the steps of the brothers’ relationship:  from resistance to taking advantage and reaching acceptance. 

Having not seen Lee Byung Hun in a wide screen work, he remains in line at his consistent level.  Although restricted by the the script, his role is limited to the awkward feelings of a tough guy and a iron clad gentleman.  What is rare is Lee’s outstanding interpretation of clearly demarcated levels of emotions; whether it is the rejection by the family and later the emotional change when he realized gradually that the family is already part of his life, finally the bearing up of the responsibility of an elder brother, Lee truly supported the entire movie as the main protagonist.

Park Jung Min who plays the role of the younger brother is interpreting an autistic person (though I think it is more like polio or cerebellar atrophy) who looked simple yet very well portrayed the emotions that anyone can understand; whether wearing a helmet when Lee Byung Hun first hits him or enjoying the music performance which brought him comfort, especially the scene of the end of the concert which successfully captured Park’e emotional performance with precise lens capture and edited rhythm.

garage-play-4.jpg

The love between mother and son ia an important focus in the movie.

The actresses who played important roles in the movie:  Youn Yuh Jong, Kim Sung Ryung and even Han Ji Min who made a guest appearance…. and others also gave the author a lot of plot performance memory points.

Summing up the whole film, the precise control of photography and rhythm editing (especially the dubbing of music rhythm being the most obvious), coupled with fine acting, and a simple but moving story, the author is unable to resist an excellent industrial production flooded with commercial calculations.  The last time I saw such an excellent commercial work filled with accurate calculations is the undercover movie “New World”.  

Right ... how come Taiwan Garage Entertainment for the past six months kept on promoting productions that depicted fathers as bastards? 

garage-play-6.jpg

Thank you for the Garage Entertainment’s invitation for the 2018.1.31 film preview. 

Story smoothness:7          :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Plot:9                                   :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Atmosphere:10                 :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Acting performance:10   :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Theme freshness:7          :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

Source: http://www.playmusic.tw/movie_critics_detail.php?id=990&type=movie

• Like 3

@peonie What a great sharing, awesome articles Barbara! You've just got back and brought sweet treats! :wub: Thanks so much for looking up and  translating them for the fans, such an insightful review about KEYS TO THE HEART. Can't wait to watch the movie as well, whenever that will be. :lol: Indeed this is a good start to 2018 for Lee Byung Hun, must be a great relief for CJ Entertainment especially when they decided to screen the movie this year and not last December.

The 3 million admission is well in sight.. hopefully and most likely by the end of the week..

And because of that.. there will be a special event.. :)

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712

Source: CJ Entertainment

In gratitude to the awesome response for KEYS TO THE HEART at the box-office, there will be a special stage greeting on Friday, February 9 at Lotte Cinema World Tower. Details at the FB, link above.

• Like 3

pyeongchang2018.jpg

February 5, 2018

'GO! PyeongChang' Star Charity Auction event held ... Items Donated by Celebrities

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712, info at Gmarket 1 / 2 via MoneyS (ELBH Google-translate)

20180205gop_2.jpg

20180205gop_4.jpg

In conjunction with the Winter Olympics 2018, G Market and News1 are organizing GO! PyeongChang Star Auction Charity online event from February 5 -11. Items are being donated by 16 top Korean stars and celebrities from which the proceeds will be fully donated to the PyeongChang Organizing Committee.

Actor Lee Byung Hun is donating a Samantha Kingz Leather Bag to the charity auction.

20180205gop_1.jpg

20180205gop_9.jpg

Spoiler

20180205gop_3.jpg

Spoiler

20180205gop_5.jpg

20180205gop_6.jpg

• Like 3

Old movie, new update.. found this while browsing..

January 30, 2018

MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL, MARI

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

2002|80 MIN | Animation
DIRECTOR LEE Sung-gang
CAST LEE Byung-hun, KONG Hyung-jin, AHN Sung-ki, BAE Jong-ok
RELEASE DATE January 11, 2002
CONTACT SIZ Entertainment Co., Ltd

Tel : +82 2 546 6835
Fax : +82 2 536 6830

BLTlJErVXrteUxCdeJeu.jpg

Korea’s animation industry has long struggled to set itself apart from its far more dominant anime counterpart in Japan, but every so often a film has come out that has hinted at the true feature film potential of the country’s animation sector. An early example is LEE Sung-gang’s coming-of-age fantasy My Beautiful Girl, Mari. Combining fantastical whimsy with prosaic everyday themes, the film was a shot in the arm for an industry that until then had struggled to distinguish itself. 

Namwoo lives in Seoul where goes about his day toiling at his office job. One day, a meeting with an old friend brings him back to his childhood in the countryside when, at the age of 12, he lived with his widowed mother, his grandmother and his cat Yeo in a seaside village. One summer’s day, Namwoo comes across a beautiful marble in a store, only to later discover it at an abandoned lighthouse, at which point he and his cat are transported to a strange world where he meets the mysterious girl Mari.

Grounded in reality, LEE’s work takes after the ‘Alice in Wonderland’ template like so many others have before, as it follows a normal protagonist, who faces familiar family problems, on a journey down the rabbit hole.

Stylistically, My Beautiful Girl, Mari is every bit the equal of Studio Ghibli in the imagination department, although it is occasionally reminiscent of the Japanese studio’s works, such as My Neighbor Totoro. Where it can’t hope to match the anime powerhouse is in its technical sophistication as LEE’s film, though handsomely drawn, is more notable for its delightful backgrounds and whimsy than its more rudimentarily drawn protagonists.

Seen as the foremost figure in contemporary Korean animation, director LEE has continued to make films in the fantasy genre, such as 2007’s Yobi, The Five-Tailed Fox and Kai in 2016, which was produced by YEON Sang-ho, a more recent figure in the Korean animation scene.

Sharp-eared viewers will recognize a few familiar voices among the film’s cast, including superstar LEE Byung-hun as the adult version of Namwoo, AHN Sung-ki as Namwoo’s mother’s boyfriend and NA Moon-hee as Namwoo’s grandmother.

Like many other animated Korean titles, My Beautiful Girl, Mari struggled at the domestic box office, but those who saw it overseas, including the jury of the Annecy International Animation Film Festival which gave it the festival’s Grand Prize in 2002, embraced LEE’s film.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2018 at 10:50 AM, peonie said:

February 5, 2017

Spoiler

20180204b_1.jpg

Lee Byung Hun talked about “KEYS TO THE HEART” on SBS program:  says comedy is his specialty (a translation) 

On February 3, Lee Byung Hun appeared on the SBS program  “Movie World” and showed his confidence on being a comic actor.  During the show, Lee commented on the topic of  the comedy  “KEYS TO THE HEART”   He said “ During the filming process, I had been thinking and felt that comic acting is my main specialty.  While shooting, I acted very freely.”  expressing satisfaction.  

With respect to his proficiency in improvising lines, Lee Byung Hun said:  “Indeed, there are many lines that I improvised in the movie.”  As of yesterday, February 2, according to the results of the box office tally, the cumulative number of viewers for  “KEYS TO THE HEART” has reached 2,429,573.  In addition, the movie “KEYS TO THE HEART” tells the story about the relationship between a former boxer (Lee Byung Hun) and his brother who suffers from Savant Syndrome.  The movie was released on January 17.  

Source: http://www.allthatstar.com/tw/view.php?action=5209&postID=389054

I think this is the SBS clip (about 7-minute) feat. his characters' comedic tendency :tongue: thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712

Published on February 5, 2018 by 콜렉터 Collector

• Like 3

2/7 Korean media updates are reporting that KEYS TO THE HEART has surpassed 3 million admission but let's wait for the English news. So awesome, right.. if it comes faster than we thought, all the better! :D As discussed with Barbara on Monday, so happy about the movie's achievement and we'd sure hope it'll hold on stronger this coming festive Lunar/Seol holidays. It's definitely a movie to watch & enjoy together with the whole family. :lol:

Found these clips highlighted at PlanetBH0712, they've been up for awhile.. don't know why I didn't realize them earlier... th_bricks.gifso blurr..

Published on January 18, 2018 by CJEntertainmentUSA

KEYS TO THE HEART

Official Main Trailer with English Subtitles

Official Teaser Trailer with English Subtitles

• Like 3

February 6, 2018

KEYS TO THE HEART: Lee Byung Hun x Park Jung Min's favorite scenes

Source: Star News ++ (ELBH Google-translate)

What are the scenes from KEYS TO THE HEART selected by actors Lee Byung Hun and Park Jung Min as their most favorite.

Lee Byung Hun has chosen the scene of Ji Tae's concert piano performance as his favorite scene. In the middle of the recital, Jin Tae brings immersion and emotion through the last gala concert performance scene. The fascinating appearance of the childlike Jin Tae in a formal dress giving out a cheerful laugh after an impressive performance of rich melodies has become an unforgettable scene for the audience. 

Lee Byung Hun praised "Park Jung Min is good at acting but I could not believe he practiced to deliver difficult songs in a such short period of time". 

Park Jung Min's favorite scenery is when Jo Ha and Jin Tae were left alone for the first time, they play games together and open their hearts to each other with witty ad-lib. Jo Ha in particular, who started the game with confidence, when defeated in succession, refused to admit defeat but kept giving excuses like "change the car" instead.

Park Jung Min said, "Lee Byung Hun has given a wholehearted performance to each take, and every time I was surprised, I felt that Jo Ha and Jin Tae are real siblings." 

• Like 3

January 25, 2018

Keys to the Heart Review NO SPOILERS!

Source: Follow Korea

What’s up, everyone!? I hope you are all having a wonderful week. “Keys to the Heart” is a film about Jo-Ha, once a Korean boxing champion, who is down on his luck. While out one night, he runs into his mother who he hasn’t seen since he was in school. She eventually invites him to live with her where he meets his half-brother.

This movie will make you cry. But if you have seen the trailer, you will already know that. Korea really does have a way with these kinds of movies and a lot of times, they can be a bit much. However, I’m a pretty big Lee Byung-Hun fan, so I wanted to give it a shot. If you don’t know who he is, I suggest checking out The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly or A Bittersweet Life. Both are fantastic films… what are you waiting for, go watch them!

If you are into melodramas, this movie is certainly for you. It has some fantastic acting, not only by Lee Byung-Hun, but Park Jung-Min is great and even steals the scene. The movie doesn’t go way over the top but there are a few things I wish they would have done without.

For instance, the whole “evil” rich lady which has been played out. I think it’s safe to say, we don’t need this character in anymore movies.

However, even with a few things that I disliked, Keys to the Heart is a good film and something you can enjoy with your family. I’m looking forward to seeing Park Jung-Min in future films.

Check out my review and let me know what you think of the film as well!

• Like 3

user posted image 18/02/08 News compilation at EverythingLBH.com

Fan-sharing: Meeting Lee Byung Hun in Busan & Daegu Stage Greet
    KEYS TO THE HEART to be released in Taiwan on February 23
    Fan Impressions: KEYS TO THE HEART & Chungmuro Subway Station
    Movie feedback: Korean netizens so moved, they became crazy! 
    KEYS TO THE HEART Director & Cast at Seoul Stage Greeting 1/26
    KEYS TO THE HEART Music Video & HanCinema movie review
    January Movie Actor Brand Ranking, photos with Woo Hyo Kwang
    KEYS TO THE HEART Dir. & Cast Meet Fans at Seoul Stage Greeting
    KEYS TO THE HEART team at Seoul Stage Greeting 1/28
    No.1 spot & 2 million in 2nd week for KEYS TO THE HEART
    KEYS TO THE HEART, a much sweeter story for Lee Byung Hun
    A SINGLE RIDER: ETERNAL Japan Poster Revealed
    KoBiz K-Cinema Library: MY BEAUTIFUL GIRL, MARI
    KEYS TO THE HEART 5-Star Review Poster Released
    Tidbits: Lee Byung Hun-Cantata Advert at Sinchon Station
    KEYS TO THE HEART Stage Greeting Photo & Video Compilation
    All That Star Interview: Comedy acting is my specialty
    'GO! PyeongChang' Star Charity Auction, Leather Bag donated by LBH
    KEYS TO THE HEART review by Taiwan Film Critic 
    Most memorable: Lee Byung Hun x Park Jung Min's selected scenes

Almost 3 million admission KEYS TO THE HEART back at number 1
    Off-tune Brothers Unite: KEYS TO THE HEART Opens in Australia 2/9
    YAY: Lee Min Jung's Early Birthday Party, Possible Drama Filming
    Interview: With respect to popularity, it's important for it to slowly retreat

20180207g.jpg

• Like 3