Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

^ Tight hug to you Felicia.. for a lot of reasons hug.gif
Thanks to @soompigalz at Hunnie Couple-soompi for this wonderful sharing heart.gif

ELLE July interview with Lee Min Jung 
The Hunnie Couple Cut
2014elle_mj.jpg
겉보기와 다르다는 이야기 많이 듣지? 청담동에서 풀 코스 요리를 즐길 것처럼 보이지만 실제로는 곱창에 소주를 더 좋아할 것 같달까 곱창에 소주까지는 아니고. 하하. 예를 들어 토마토를 먹을 때 건강을 생각해서 생으로 먹기보다 “설탕을 뿌려 먹어야 제맛이지” 하는 스타일이다. 오죽하면 오빠가 몸 생각하라고, 라면도 먹지 말라고 잔소리할 정도다.
You must heard lots of opinion saying that you are actually different from your look. For example u look like u are the type who would enjoy a full course menu on CheonDamDong luxury restaurant, but the truth is u enjoy eating Gopchang (korean grilled pork intestine) and Soju more.
Its not to that extend. HaHa. Its more like when i eat tomato, rather than eating it raw which is good for health, i prefer it tasty, served with sugar. Its to the extend that i will heard nagging from BH saying i should think about my body and not to eat ramen.
아직 신혼이다. 남편 앞에서 늘 화장을 하고 있는 아내인가 아니다. 오빠는 나보다 더 내추럴한 걸 좋아해서 화장 안 한 모습을 더 좋아한다. 평소에 BB크림이랑 립스틱만 바르는 정도인데, 오빠는 그마저도 안 하는 게 낫단다. 머리도 세팅하는 것보다 그냥 훅 올려 묶는 일명 ‘똥머리’ 같은 스타일 좋아하고.
You are still a newlywed couple. Are you the type of wife who will always put make-up on when being with your husband? 
No. More than me, BH like the natural style more, he like it more when im on my bare face. Normally i would simply put BB cream and lipstick, but BH said its better even without that. Rather than having my hair styled, he like it tied it up or in a bundle style more.
다음 작품에 들어가기 전까지 일단 드라마가 끝난 지 2주 정도 됐다. 그동안 운동을 너무 못했더니 요가 선생님이 도대체 언제 올 거냐며 기다리고 계신다. 그리고 친구들이랑 놀아야지. 지난여름엔 결혼 준비하랴 즐기지도 못했으니 이번엔 바닷가에 가서 수영도 해보고 싶다. 물론 남편과 함께! 
What's your plan before coming back with a new project? 
First it only been 2 weeks since my drama end. Till this time i miss to attend my yoga class, the teacher keep asking me when exactly i will continue the session. I also plan to spend time with friends. Last summer due to wedding preparation, i cant fully enjoy the summer time, this time i want to go to the sea and swim. Of course together with my husband.
Cr: ELLEmjbh_263.jpg

mjbh_264.jpg

July 22, 2014
Everyone is excited about Lee Byung Hun’s new film ‘The Insiders’ 
By Rachel | HELLOKPOP
missha13-660x400.jpg
Korea’s top actors Lee Byung Hun, Jo Seung Woo, and Bae Yoon Sik will be starring in the upcoming movie The Insider (내부자들).
Many people are looking forward to this movie just knowing the fact that these top actors are filming together.
The Insider team started their script reading on July 10 and started filming for the movie on July 13.
The movie is based off of an original web cartoon by author Yoon Tae-Ho, who also wrote the web cartoons for Moss(이끼) and Incomplete Life: Prequel(미생) which have also been remade into movies as well.
The Insider is a crime movie that demonstrates the Korean society’s corruption that happens through the insiders.
With an impressive cast, strong characters, and it being a remake of a popular web cartoon, many people are expecting the movie to be a great piece.
Source: (News)- TheStar

July 22, 2014
Lee Byung-Hun ‘The Insiders’ first impression “passionate filming”
Source: Innolife Korea
201407220836770768_53cda45a6177b.jpgThe film ‘The Insiders’ which draw expectation with actor Lee Byung-Hun and Jo Seung-Woo’s collaboration starts to shoot.
On the 22th, according to Show Box Mediaplex, ‘The Insiders’ started to meet audience as proceeding the whole cast script reading on the 10th and filming on the 13th. Just the fact that we can see Lee Byung-Hun, Jo Seung-woo and Baek Yoon-Sik who have strong personalities and acting ability, ‘The Insiders’ became a hot issue. 
The first shoot which was set at a night club in Seoul on the 13th, started by the meeting between a gang An Sang-Goo (Lee Byung-Hun) and editorial writer of Soo-Do newspaper, Lee Gang-Hee (Baek Yoon-Sik). It is said that these two actors' overwhelming presence and charisma act made the staffs surprised. 
Director Woo Min-Ho who directs this film also said “I felt intense tension. They are such dignified great actors. I’m already thrilled and looking forward to the next shoot.” First, Lee Byung-Hun who took the role of a gang An Sang-Goo who lost all due to people in authority said “It is a passionate filming. I expect great film because it is made by excellent actors and staff.” 
Jo Seung-Woo who took the role of Woo Jang-Hoon, a prosecutor in Special Branch, Seoul District who is eager for success said “Personally, I’m glad to do a great and meaningful work after 3 year’s long wait. Also I expect to work with brilliant actors, staff and director Woo Min-Ho who is always passionate.” 

I am not sure whether this has been noted earlier .....nothing significant....but simply got me excited even the slightest mention of LBH. sarangsign-1.gif

Yesterday I completed Part 2 of "KBS LA Korea Festival 2014" which was held earlier in April 2014 in LA.  There's a brief segment that showed some of the idols girl group including Kim Tae-woo visited the Chinese Theatre @ Hollywood to snap handprints' photos of their favorite celebrities and that included those of Lee Byung-hun and Ahn Sung-ki.  They are so proud of these two huge stars leaving their handprints at such a prestigious landmark.

This is for you @rubie..... 1065-028-07-1060.gif  ..... as always thank you for your lovely hugs and thoughts.  We are on the same page...gomapsnida chingu. Keep up the fantastic work in all the sites that you are managing for LBH and to all other contributors, my sincere thanks to you too. 

July 22, 2014
INSIDERS with LEE Byung-hun Begins ShootingThrillers Co-Stars CHO Seung-woo and BAEK Yoon-shik by Pierce Conran KOBIZ
diepyznLIItCPSoKXVid.jpg
Filming began last week for the upcoming Korean thriller Insiders. Featuring superstar LEE Byung-hun in the lead, the film also features actors CHO Seung-woo and BAEK Yoon-shik. Holding the reigns is The Spies (2012) and Man of Vendetta (2010) helmer WOO Min-ho. Based on a webcomic by YOON Tae-ho, who also inked the source material for 2010’s Moss, Insiders features LEE as a political enforcer who handles the dirty for those in the halls of power. Following a sudden fall from grace, he sets out to exact revenge. One of Korea’s most high profile actors, LEE has featured in Masquerade (2012) and Hollywood hits such as the G.I. Joe franchise and Red 2. He will next be seen in the period epic Memories of the Sword. Joining him are CHO Seung-woo of Tazza: The High Rollers (2006) fame as a prosecutor and Save the Green Planet (2003) star BAEK Yoon-shick as a journalist. Set to be released in 2015, Insiders joins an already blockbuster-heavy lineup from Showbox, who are releasing the highly anticipated Kundo: Age of Rampant this week and currently in production with YOO Ha’s 1970s-set gangster film Gangnam Blues, LEE Joon-ik’s period film Sado with SONG Kang-ho and Detective K: Farmhand's Daughter. Production for the film got underway in a Seoul night club on July 13th.

July 23, 2014
S. Korean stars thrive in Chinese films
Source: YonhapNews
SEOUL, July 23 (Yonhap) -- A growing number of Chinese film studios are casting influential South Korean stars in what appears to be an effort to reach out to a wider Asian audience who love Korean pop culture.
Several South Korean movie stars have recently been chosen for lead and supporting roles in Chinese films, a departure from the past when their roles were largely limited to television dramas.
Industry insiders said this is a sign that the Chinese film industry began to pay attention to ticket selling powers of South Korean stars amid the Asia-wide popularity of Korean soap operas, films and pop music, a phenomenon known as hallyu.
Leading the pack is Song Hye-kyo, who debuted in the global market with the Chinese film "Legend of Yip Man" directed by Wang Gawi in 2013. Co-starring Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi, the film opened that year's Berlin International Film Festival.
Song later joined the cast of director John Woo's "The Crossing" with Chang Chen and Zhang Ziyi. The 3-D epic drama film is set to open in China this winter.
Based on the successes in working with two of China's most renowned filmmakers, Song was recently cast as a lead actress for "I Am the Queen," a film adaptation of a best-selling Chinese book by the same name.
Actresses Son Tae-young and Im Soo-hyang have followed in Song's footsteps, as they have been selected by Chinese filmmakers seeking new faces.
Son recently finished filming "Love War," a romantic comedy, as the lead actress. She was invited to the closing ceremony of the Shanghai International Film Festival last month to promote the film.
Im is scheduled to attend a news conference in eastern China's Shandong Province next week to promote a 3-D Chinese fantasy film in which she played a lead role.
Among male stars, Kwon Sang-woo starred in a 2012 Hong Kong-Chinese action film, written and directed by Jackie Chan who also stars in the movie. Choi Si-won, a member of popular South Korean boy band Super Junior, and actors Ji Jin-hee and Park Si-hoo have been recently cast for Chinese films.
Industry watchers said Chinese studios' recent rush to court Korean stars can be understood in the same context as Hollywood studios' hiring of influential hallyu stars like actor Lee Byung-hun and singer Rain to garner more sales in the Asian movie markets.
In addition, Chinese producers want to use the polished image of Korean stars, especially actresses, for their films as Korean clothing, hair and makeup styles are in such a boom in China riding the Korean Wave, as hallyu is sometimes called, they said.
"The Chinese film industry is paying great attention to Korean stars these days," Kim Gwan-min, head of Im's management agency, InHouse Entertainment, told Yonhap News Agency. "We think Im was able to be cast for a lead role in a Chinese film because the Chinese side wanted to see a synergistic effect through the use of Korean stars."
   South Korean stars also have reasons to advance to the Chinese movie market, they said. One is higher pay than in South Korea and the other is an expectation that the Chinese market can become a path to reach out to a wider audience in the world.
According to sources in the local entertainment industry, South Korean stars receive at least double the amount they are paid at home for appearing in Chinese movies.
"The appearance fee for Chinese films and television dramas is more than twice the amount in South Korea. That's why the rush of South Korean stars advancing to the Chinese market continues," a manager of a Korean star said, requesting not to be named.
Money, however, is not the only factor behind the move for those who look further down the road.
"Hollywood has long had their eyes on Chinese stars before they began to cast Korean stars. That's because the Chinese-language speaking markets around the world are so big," a Korean actor said on condition of anonymity.
"This means Chinese films target a very wide audience in the world. So I expect Korean players can, through Chinese movies, advance to ethnic-Chinese markets throughout the world, as well as China, and even farther into Hollywood, using their successes there as a stepping stone," he added.

Felicia Soh

said: I am not sure whether this has been noted earlier .....nothing significant....but simply got me excited even the slightest mention of LBH.

Yesterday I completed Part 2 of "KBS LA Korea Festival 2014" which was held earlier in April 2014 in LA.  There's a brief segment that showed some of the idols girl group including Kim Tae-woo visited the Chinese Theatre @ Hollywood to snap handprints' photos of their favorite celebrities and that included those of

Lee Byung-hun

and Ahn Sung-ki.  They are so proud of these two huge stars leaving their handprints at such a prestigious landmark.

Thanks to @soompigalz at the Hunnie Couple thread for the highlight tq.gif
4YtIWhw.jpg
^ judging from BH's appearance.. he was in LA September 2012 when Masquerade was showing at LACMA.

JRxFhIF.jpg
^ The girl in both photos is Byunghun's cousin Michelle Dulake who is Sean Richard's sister. And the guy is her fiancé.

July 24, 2014
Lee Byung-hun, Cho Seung-woo, Baek Yun-sik Start Filming “The Insiders” on the 13th
Source: KOFICE
movieweekbh12.jpg
Based on the webtoon of the same name by Yun Tae-ho (“Moss” and “Misaeng”), the movie “The Insiders” finalized its star cast of Lee Byung-hun, Cho Seung-woo, and Baek Yun-sik and started filming in mid-July. According to its production company Showbox Media, “The Insiders” completed the final reading session on the 10th and began filming on the 13th.
The first shoot took place at a club in Seoul for the scene where gangster Ahn Sang-gu (Lee Byung-hun) and editorialist Lee Gang-hee (Baek Yun-sik) meet. The two actors’ powerful charisma left the crew stunned as well as the director Woo Min-ho happily impressed: “The tension was intense. They are definitely veteran actors, and I’m looking forward to working with them.”   Lee Byung-hun stars as a gangster who has nothing more to lose. “Everyone’s very passionate on the set. With great actors and crew working together, I think we are in for a great project,” he said. Cho Seung-woo, appearing as a special unit prosecutor, said that he was happy to be working on a meaningful movie after a 3-year wait. He added that he is looking forward to working with the best actors and staff and a very dedicated director.
Lastly, Baek Yun-sik, appearing as an editorialist for a conservative paper, said, “There’s a good chemistry between the actors and the staff. We had a good start, and I feel good about this movie.” “The Insiders” is a crime drama that penetrates into the corruption and scandals of the Korean society. 

July 27, 2014
Breaking racial barriers on TV
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2014/07/201_161783.html

Related LBH excerpt
Bangladeshi actor Sazal Mahamud, or better known as Sazal Kim to Korean audiences, has become popular after appearing in cable hit tvN drama series, "Rude Miss Young-ae," a drama-equivalent of "Bridget Jones's Diary."
14-03(2)(0).jpg

His idols are Lee Byung-hun and actresses Kim Hae-sook and Han Ga-in. He is eager to feature in action flick someday. "I have always loved watching gunfight scenes. Some time or other, I would like to do a work like the American film, ‘The Rock.'"

July 28, 2014
PSY & Lee Byung Heon attend Park Ji Sung's wedding ceremony
Source: STARN News
20140727181232_53d4c2800342b_1.jpg
On July 27th, PSY and Lee Byung Heon attended Park Ji Sung and Kim Min Ji's wedding ceremony, which was held at Sheraton Grand Walker Hill Hotel.
SBS announcer Bae Sung Jae emceed the wedding ceremony, and announcers Kim Min Ji and Kim Joo Woo sang celebration songs.
Park Ji Sung and Kim Min Ji are going to enjoy their honeymoon in Europe. It is said that Park Ji Sung is currently planning to study in England.
/Reporting by Lee Jun-Hyeun en@starnnews.com

Byunghun-ssi never misses to watch Dir. Bong Joon Ho's (related) movies. ^^ Looks like BH is wearing a watch these days .. likely due to The Insiders filming. Not sure about the bracelets... 
July  28, 2014
Lee Byung Hun at 'Sea Fog' VIP Premiere
Credits as stated on images via Nate
20140728_1406548124_34727000_1.jpg
20140728_1406547759_88924500_1.jpg
201407282038775976_53d636c33b7f9.jpg
201407282037774803_53d63637977d4.jpg
201407282035201122_1.jpg