Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

^ LOL @FeliciaSoh "I'll Be Back"catchphrase.. hahaa, good one. laughing.gif You brought up another point as well, it's true that BH doesn't really have to fight for roles in Hollywood.. his work speaks for his credibility. Agree or disagree, blockbusters rarely recruit someone who is not known, be it in the US and/or elsewhere. Nonetheless, it's a matter of time.. and trust (of Hollywood producers).. sooner or later for something to change for the better.

April 2, 2014
Lee Byung-hun Set to Join Cast of New 'Terminator' Movie
Source: The ChosunIlbo
2014040201105_0.jpg
Actor Lee Byung-hun has been cast in "Terminator: Genesis," the latest installment of the Hollywood blockbuster series.
Lee has previously appeared in such Hollywood hits as "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "Red 2."
His agency BH Entertainment said on Tuesday, "Lee signed up to join the cast in February and filming will start in May." But it has not yet been revealed which role he will play.
The movie, which is being produced by Skydance and Paramount, is the fifth in the classic Terminator series that first captured people's imaginations decades ago with the casting of star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
"Genesis" is the first installment of a reboot trilogy.
Schwarzenegger, who skipped the fourth movie because he was serving as the governor of California, will be back in the lead role. The film is scheduled to be released next year.

April 1, 2014
Lee Byung-hun to star in ‘Terminator: Genesis’
By Julie Jackson The Korea Herald

20140401001734_0.jpg
Lee Byung-hun. (BH Entertainment)
Actor Lee Byung-hun will continue his strides in Hollywood as it was announced that he will be starring in “Terminator: Genesis” alongside former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in the star’s most iconic acting role ― the terminator. 
Lee is best known for Hollywood roles such as Storm Shadow in both “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” and “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” as well as playing the role of Han Jo-bae in “RED 2.” 
“Terminator: Genesis” will be the fifth sequel to the sci-fi hit Terminator franchise and will also star Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor and Jason Clarke as John Conner. 
Although it has not yet been revealed to the public what role Lee will play in the film, the upcoming Terminator flick is slated to start filming in May and expected to be released sometime next year. 

Lee Byung-hun Cast In Hollywood's "Terminator 5"
Source: KBS Global
n_20140401c_04.jpg
After having made his big debut in Hollywood through action flicks like the "G.I. Joe" series and "Red: The Legend", actor Lee Byung-hun was cast in his next big blockbuster. And it's none other than "Terminator 5".

April 1, 2014
Three fresh faces prepare to join Arnie in Terminator 5: Genesis
By Sarah Gibsonon MoviePilot.com
three-fresh-faces-prepare-to-join-arnie.

The epic battle between Skynet cyborgs vs. humanity will begin anew as Terminator 5 is set to hit our big-screens on July 1, 2015.
After over a year of delays, producers Megan and David Ellison (Lawless, World War Z) have acquired the rights to the Terminator franchise, with Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to one of his trademark franchises. And now, we've received the exciting news that three, fresh new faces will be joining the former Governor of California.
Byung-hun Lee (G.I. Joe), Sandrine Holt (House of Cards), and Michael Gladis (Mad Men) have all signed on for parts in the upcoming sci-fi blockbuster. The three solid new theps are joining the likes of Terminator veteran Arnold Schwarzenegger back as T-800, Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) as John Connor and Jai Courtney (Divergent) as Kyle Reese. Yesterday, the news also dropped that Hunger Games star Dayo Okeniyi will be playing the son of Miles Dyson.
No word on the newcomers roles yet, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that - with all his Red 2 and G.I. Joe: Retaliation training - Lee might be playing some new kind of Terminator sent back from the future to kill Sarah Connor. Eek!
Are you excited to see Byung-hun Lee, Sandrine Holt and Michael Gladis appear in Terminator: Genesis?

Lee Byung Hun cast in his next Hollywood film 'Terminator 5'
AllKpop.com
Lee Byung Hun will 'be back' in his next Hollywood film 'Terminator 5'!
BH Entertainment rep confirmed his casting to Sports Seoul on the 1st, "Lee Byung Hun will star in 'Terminator 5'. We are in talks concerning his exact character. But it is an important role. Filming will begin at the end of this month or early May."
Lee Byung Hun, who tested out the waters of Hollywood through 'G.I. Joe', will take on his next action film 'Terminator 5' directed by Alan Taylor and will also see appearances by the terminator himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger!

April 2, 2014
'Terminator 5' Release Date, Cast & News Update: 'House of Cards' & 'Mad Men' Actors Join Action Film
By Rizza Sta. Ana | Latinos Post
terminator__genesis_2015_logo_by_professTerminator: Genesis 2015 Logo by ProfessorAdagio 
The "Terminator" film reboot has welcomed a "GI Joe" enemy and actors from "Mad Men" and "House of Cards" to the cast.
The Hollywood Reporter said Korean actor Byung-hun Lee, who is famous for portraying Storm Shadow in all of "GI Joe" movies, has been recently tapped to play a key role in "Terminator: Genesis", along with actors Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt. The trio has joined Arnold Schwarzenegger and "Game of Thrones" darling Emilia Clarke in the movie that is to be directed by Alan Taylor of "Thor: The Dark World."
The hiring of Lee and the other two was to help the movie tie in loose threads left by the James Cameron classics, Cinemablend said. Schwarzenegger will reprise his role, although he will retain his current looks, his age will be explained in the film. Clarke will play the sci-fi film's fearless Sarah Connor, while "Die Hard" actor Jai Courtney will be playing Kyle Reese.
Although Lee's role has been kept under wraps, Cinemablend said the Korean actor's role will certainly not be a departure from the roles he played in "GI Joe" and in "Red 2." The film news site said Lee might play a more advanced version of "Terminator" robot from the future to kill Sarah Connor.
Gladis' and Holt's roles, on the other hand, were also not revealed. Although not exactly household names, fans of the AMC series are familiar with Gladis as an ad man. Holt is also a recurring character in the second season of the hit Netflix series "House of Cards", THR said. She plays alongside actress Robin Wright as Gillian Cole, a charity worker who is at odds with her morality in Washington DC, Cinemablend said.
The film news site said production of the "Terminator" report will start in New Orleans very soon, and Skydance and Paramount are eyeing for back-to-back sequels. "Terminator: Genesis" is expected to debut in theaters on July 1st next year.

April 3, 2014
LEE Byung-hun Boards New TERMINATOR FilmKorean Star Expands Reach into Hollywood
by Pierce Conran KOFIC

20140403_kofic.jpg
Korean superstar LEE Byung-hun continues his march into Hollywood with a fresh offer to star in the fifth installment of the Terminator franchise. Titled Terminator: Genesis, the film will feature Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney and Jason Clarke as franchise characters Sarah Connor, Kyle Reese and John Connor, as well as Arnold Schwarzenegger, who will reprise his T-800 role. LEE’s character is being kept under wraps but The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that it is a ‘key role’ and that ‘it promises to be a doozy.’ Star of local hits such as A Bittersweet Life (2005) and Masquerade (2012), LEE has been making inroads into Hollywood ever since G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra in 2009. Last year he appeared in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and RED 2. LEE will next be seen in the local period blockbuster Memories of the Sword, alongside his Harmonium in my Memory (1999) co-star JEON Do-yeon and up-and-comer KIM Go-eun. Terminator: Genesis will also star J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt. The film will be produced by Skydance and Paramount. James Cameroon’s first Terminator was released in 1984.

Everyone, don't forget to check out the new-edited post by @FeliciaSoh at the top of the page (2nd post)... a cool Terminator trivia..p6.jpg

April 2, 2014
Byung-hun Lee and more sign up for TERMINATOR: GENESIS
by Darryn Bonthuys  The Movies
Some franchises, you just can’t stop. Throw it into an industrial crusher, drop it in molten metal or try and heart-punch it, but Terminator just won’t stay down. Shooting kicks off soon on a fifth film in the franchise, which will reboot the entire saga and pave the way for a new trilogy. And it just nabbed a few more cast members.Alan “Thor: The Dark World” Taylor directs the next flick, and has added Byung-hun “G.I. Joe” Lee, Michael “Mad Men” Gladis and Sandrine “House of Cards” Holt to the cast. That rounds out an impressive cast already, which includes Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Emilia Clarke will be the latest Sarah Connah Conner, Jason Clarke her son John Conner and Jai Courtney his future father Kyle Reese. As for Lee, his role is being kept a secret, but THR reckons that it’ll be a “doozy”. My bet is on a T-800 upgraded with the deadliest patch possible: Actual martial arts skills in an indestructible body.
That’s some damn good casting. Lee is massive in South Korea, and has made a name for himself in G.I. Joe 1 (Yay), the sequel (BOO!) and will even be seen in The Raid 2: Berandal. Looks like Terminator: Genesis will have some proper talent on board. I’m just hoping that none of the lead actors have a meltdown and snap at the lighting hands, before the film arrives on July 1 2015.

April 1, 2014
‘Terminator: Genesis’: Byung-hun Lee and More Join Cast
by Angie Han /Film.com
With shooting expected to begin in just a few weeks, Terminator: Genesis is locking up its supporting cast. G.I. Joe star Byung-hun Lee has just been added to the roster, along with Michael Gladis (Mad Men) and Sandrine Holt (House of Cards).
The trio join Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Alan Taylor-directed sci-fi sequel. Get all the latest info after the jump.
Lee’s role is being kept under airtight wraps, though THR teases that it’ll be “a doozy.” No details have been revealed about Gladis’ or Holt’s characters, either, but the trade no such grandiose promises about those.
As previously reported, Emilia Clarke is playing Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke is playing her son (from the future, obvs) John Connor, and Courtney is playing his dad Kyle Reese. Schwarzenegger, of course, is reprising his role as the Terminator. Okeniyi has a supporting role as the son of Cyberdyne exec Miles Dyson, and Simmons is a detective.
Lee is already a huge star in his native South Korea, and lately has been making his presence known in Hollywood as well. He starred in both G.I. Joe movies as Storm Shadow, and had a part in last summer’s The Raid 2. His Korean credits include Kim Jee-woon’s I Saw the Devil and Chan Wook-park’s J.S.A.: Joint Security Area.
Gladis is best known for playing Paul Kinsey on Mad Men. He recently starred in Joe Lynch’s Knights of Badassdom and has appearances coming up in Joe Johnston’s direct-to-DVD thriller Not Safe for Work and Atom Egoyan’s Devil’s Knot. Holt had a recurring role in House of Cards and a regular role in the CBS drama Hostages. She’s currently shooting Air, an indie sci-fi with Norman Reedus and Djimon Hounsou.
Scripted by Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier, Terminator: Genesis features a time-jumping narrative that weaves together various plot threads from throughout the film series. It’ll also intersect with the planned TV series in some way, but how exactly is unclear. Terminator: Genesis intended to be the first in a new trilogy, and is scheduled to open July 1, 2015.

Found this old CF capture of Byunghun (thanks to LBH DC sharing), first time seeing it.. must be circa 1990s. BH looks younger.. and resembling Buzz Lightyear. laughing.gif.
bh_old_cf.jpg^ Perhaps, it was an indicator that he'll be the Terminator.. in 2015..Fan-art by LBH DC <3

tg2.jpg

congrats.gif

April 5, 2014
Industry Insiders Vote for Top Actor and Actress in New Poll – Find Out Who Is #1
by CallMeN00NA http://www.soompi.com/2014/04/05/industry-insiders-vote-for-top-actor-and-actress-in-new-poll-find-out-who-is-1/#.Uz_076iSwsB

topactor_actress.jpg
TV Report asked producers and industry insiders to pick their top “overall actors.” For two weeks in March, producers from SBS, MBC, and KBS, along with other entertainment industry officials, participated in a survey to choose the current top actor and actress from dramas. The voters were asked to choose the “overall actor and actress” based on three criteria: acting ability, name recognition, and star quality. 

TV Report has done this survey annually, to shed light on which actors and actresses have been doing well the past few years. The leading man and woman in a drama can be crucial to a drama’s success. Broadcasters are more likely to choose a more well known actors to increase the drama’s recognition and opportunities for sponsorship and commercial investment. It is the actor and actress’ name power that will draw interest into the drama, and then their performance and the script will carry the drama into its ratings. 
Click through the pages (at the original site) to see who the top 18 actors and 15 actresses the producers and industry officials voted for. See if you can guess who is their choice for #1 Actor and Actress. 
Actors' list
18. Song Seung Hyun – 1 vote. Recent dramas: “When a Man Loves” (2013) “Time Slip Dr. Jin” (2012)
17. Ryu Seung Bum – 1 voteRecent movies: “New World” (2013) “Berlin File” (2013)
16. Ryu Seung Ryong – 1 voteRecent movies: “7th Room’s Present” (2013) “All About My Wife” (2012)
15. Jang Dong Gun – 1 voteRecent drama: “Gentleman’s Dignity” (2012)
14. Joo Won - 1 voteRecent dramas: “Good Doctor” (2013) “7th Grade Civil Servant” (2013) “Bridal Mask” (2012)
13. Kang Dong Won – 1 voteRecent movies: “Love for Sale” (2010) “Psychic” (2010)
12. So Ji Sub – 2 votesRecent drama: “Master’s Sun” (2013)
11. Lee Jong Suk – 3 votesRecent drama: “I Hear Your Voice” (2013) “School 2013“ (2013)
10. Song Joong Ki – 3 VotesRecent drama: “Nice Guy” (2012)
9. Park Yoo Chun – 4 VotesRecent dramas: “Three Days” (2014) “I Miss You” (2012) “Rooftop Prince” (2012)
8. Gong Yoo – 4 VotesRecent drama: “Big” (2012)
7. Lee Seung Gi – 5 VotesRecent dramas: “Gu Family Book” (2013) “King 2 Hearts” (2012)
6. Kim Woo Bin - 7 VotesRecent dramas – “The Heirs” (2013) “School 2013″ (2013)
This hot actor made it to the top six of this list, which is impressive as it is, but considering that he wasn’t even on the list last year, makes it something to congratulate him for. He had quite the year in 2013, making his way into the hearts of women with his bad boy smirk and strong acting. He is definitely one of the actors to look out for and someone we will be seeing more of as he continues to receive love calls for more roles.
5. Jo In Sung – 10 votesRecent drama: “That Winter, the Wind Blows” (2013)
Jo In Sung dropped from #1 to #4, but still kept his place in the top six. He made his small screen comeback with the hit melo-drama “That Winter, the Wind Blows.” With his co-star, Song Hye Gyo, the two made a tragic love story that lingered in the viewer’s heart and mind long after each episode was over. Who could forget that sweet cotton candy kiss? 
4. Lee Min Ho – 10 votesRecent drama: “The Heirs” (2013)
Lee Min Ho lead the good looking cast of actors and idol-actors in “The Heirs” and went from receiving only one vote last year, to being in the top 4. With his hit drama wrapped up, the actor is busy promoting overseas and filming his upcoming movie, “Gangnam Blues.”
3. Hyun Bin – 14 votesRecent drama: “Secret Garden” (2010)
His last drama was in 2010, but the power of “Secret Garden” still lives on. Even though he hasn’t been in a drama since then, he actually moved up from fourth place to third. Hyun Bin is currently enjoying his break after finishing his military service last year, and everyone is highly anticipating his return to either the small or big screen.
2. Lee Byung Hun – 17 votesRecent drama: "IRIS" (2009)lee-byung-hun-3.jpeg
Lee Byung Hun went from drama leading man, to movie leading man, and now to Hollywood actor. Although he has stepped down from his first place last year, there is no doubt that Lee Byung Hun is still one of Korea’s top actor. Producers praised his wide range of acting abilities. With a couple of Hollywood movies under his belt, Lee Byung Hun will remain a very sought out actor.
1. Kim Soo Hyun – 30 votesRecent dramas: “Man From the Stars” (2013) “Moon That Embraces the Sun” (2012) 
Little surprise here; Kim Soo Hyun was voted as the top overall actor. Considering his insane popularity from “Man From the Stars,” this might have been a no brainer. Kim Soo Hyun must be making excellent drama choices, with his past three dramas all being great hits in Korea, and abroad. During the survey, producers pointed out that not only is Kim Soo Hyun an excellent actor, he is also popular with all ages. Add his charming small face, he is also one of the hottest model and brand endorsers in Asia. 

This is our compilation update from last year when LBH was #1 (thanks to @mistymorning for the awesome translation)
Even if Byunghun-ssi is not at number 1 this year (KSH/JJH top spots are not a big surprise considering the huge hit Kdrama "Love from the Star" had been recently). But BH who was without a drama since 2010 is still a top and trusted choice by the PDs from the three major stations). His reputation is still the best despite his main passion in the movies, who knows we will see Byunghun back on the small screen sometime).
Even if he's doing Terminator right now.. the glass is always half-full for us.
April 6, 2013PDs Top Choice: Actors & Actresses to Work With in Korean Dramas 
http://everythinglbh.com/entry_view.php?id=3413

Thanks to LBH DC for the capture 20140405_tvreport.png

Source: TV Daily ++
If not mistaken, 'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' was featured in the newly-aired Kdrama 'Angel Eyes' on March 5 (episode 1) showing scenes of LBH-LEJ walking in the rain. There's also a bungee-jumping by the drama characters, possibly influenced by the movie. Anyone watching this drama?
201404061507061110_1.jpg

1396763001165.jpg

ps: is Byunghun-ssi attending the JC Concert today? Anyone has updates to share? 

April 5, 2014
Lee Byung Hun cast in new ‘Terminator’ film
by Jonathan M. Hicap Manila Bulletin
Korean actor Lee Byung Hun, 43, has been cast in the Hollywood film “Terminator: Genesis,” the fifth in the “Terminator” franchise.
Already his fourth American film, Lee Byung Hun starred in “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” in 2009 followed by “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” in 2013, in which he played Storm Shadow.
Last year, he starred in “Red 2,” along with Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren.
Lee Byung Hun was cast in “Terminator: Genesis” along with Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt, according to an exclusive report by the Hollywood Reporter.
“It’s true that Lee Byung Hyun has been cast in this new movie. He will be playing an important role,” ENewsWorld quoted Lee’s agency BH Entertainment as saying.
The agency said the actor will go to the US in May to discuss the shooting schedule.
Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jason Clarke will star in the film supported by J.K. Simmons and Dayo Okeniyi.
The Hollywood Reporter said Schwarzenegger will be reprising his role as the Terminator cyborg while Clarke will be playing as Sarah Connor.
“Lee’s role is being kept locked in the deepest vaults of Cyberdyne, I mean Skydance, but it promises to be a doozy,” the report said.
The first “Terminator” movie was released in 1984, followed by “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” in 1991, “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” in 2003 and “Terminator: Salvation” in 2009.
Lee Byung Hun has starred in Korean films such as “A Bittersweet Life,” “The Good, The Bad, The Weird,” “I Saw The Devil” and “Masquerade.”
“Terminator: Genesis” will be released next year.

April 6, 2014
Korean stars grace Hollywood moviesA record number of actors will play major roles in US blockbusters
By Park Si-soo The Korea Times05-01(214).jpg
Ha Ji-won, from left, Lee Byung-hun and Soo Hyun. Including them, a growing number of Korean actors have been given the opportunity to play with global movie stars in Hollywood films this year. / Korea Times files
Are Korean actors increasingly wanted in Hollywood, or is it a sheer coincidence that a record number of them will have the opportunity to feature in Hollywood films this year?
So far five Korean actors — Lee Byung-hun, Choi Min-sik, Jung Ji-hoon, Bae Doo-na, Soo Hyun — are set to play in a Hollywood movie or are awaiting the release of their film.
Lee Byung-hun is set to appear in Hollywood blockbuster “Terminator: Genesis,” in which he will perform with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke and Emilia Clarke among others. He will leave for the United States later this month to start shooting in early May, according to his management agency BH Entertainment. It’s unclear what role he will play, but rumor has it that it will be something of a “doozy.”
The fifth sequel of the famous sci-fi action flick “The Terminator,” released in 1984, is Lee’s fourth casting in a Hollywood film, after “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” (2009), “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” (2013) and “RED 2” (2013).
His upcoming casting was announced last Tuesday, roughly one month after actress Kim Soo-hyun was confirmed to be acting in another Hollywood blockbuster “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” which is currently being filmed in Korea. Her exact role in the film is unknown, but an unidentified Marvel official was quoted as saying in a report that Kim may be playing a doctor with connections to Ultron, who is tasked with Tony Stark’s (Iron Man) medical care.
05-02(203).jpg Choi Min-sik
It’s a “substantial” supporting role that is more than just a background character, said the official.
Veteran actor Choi Min-sik, known for his acclaimed role in “Oldboy,” performed with Hollywood star Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman and Analeigh Tipton in renowned French director Luc Besson’s science fiction movie “Lucy.” The film’s trailer made its online debut last Thursday, in which Choi portrays a mid-level manager of a drug trafficking syndicate in Taiwan who chases the protagonist “Lucy” played by Johansson. The film will hit domestic theaters in August.
K-pop singer and actor Jung Ji-hoon, better known as Rain, recently completed filming of his second Hollywood movie “The Prince.” He made his Hollywood debut in 2008 in “Speed Racer.” In the new film, he plays alongside Bruce Willis, John Cusack and Jason Patric. “The Prince” is expected to be released at the end of the year.
Actress Bae Doo-na’s second Hollywood film “Jupiter Ascending” will be released in July. The first American film she appeared in was “Cloud Atlas” (2012), a sci-fi epic in which she appeared along with such major Hollywood stars as Tom Hanks and Halle Berry. Both films were directed by renowned American sibling director duo Andy and Lana Wachowski.
Challengers
Actress Ha Ji-won is expected to enter the American film scene in the near future. In August last year, she signed a contract with the United Talent Agency (UTA) that represents Johnny Depp, Harrison Ford, Gwenyth Paltrow, and other A-list Hollywood actors. It was the first time that a Korean actor signed with the agency.
Her UTA representatives are said to be eyeing international roles in films and TV as well as digital media and endorsements for the actress known for roles on both the big and small screens, including the internationally popular Korean TV drama “Secret Garden,” period drama “Hwang Jini” and big-budget monster flick “Sector 7.” They are also looking into Korea-U.S. co-productions.
Actor Ha Jung-woo has openly said that he will go to Hollywood with his own work. He played a leading role in several hit films such as “The Terror Live” (2013), “The Yellow Sea” (2010) and “The Chaser” (2008), and made his directorial debut with the comedy film “Fasten Your Seatbelt” in 2013.
“While watching a film directed by a Korean, ‘Snowpiercer,’ which employs Hollywood staff, I thought there is no reason to wait any longer,” Ha was quoted as saying in an interview published by movie magazine “Max Movie” last October. “So I plan to go to Hollywood with my own work, although it wouldn’t be as big-scale as ‘Snowpiercer,’ with my own style.”
Ha went on, “I’m already collaborating with a production company in Hollywood. A script writer is working on a script with me as the main character of a movie.”
He said, “Instead of a rushed collaboration, I plan to make an independent American movie using American staff and actors. My plan is to make a movie that would sell in the United States.” He cited “Juno” (2007) and “District 9” (2009) as successful models.
English matters
Film experts say that the ability to speak English fluently is the common factor among those who recently landed Hollywood roles. 
“It’s still uncomfortable for me to speak in English. But I try to improve it through trial and error,” said Lee Byung-hun during a TV interview last July. He is said to have improved his English proficiency through private tutoring and casual conversation with English-speaking foreign friends.
Jung Ji-hoon is widely known to have learned English from actor Lee Bum-soo’s wife Lee Yoon-jin, a professional Korean-English interpreter.
“I started teaching him (Rain) with his U.S. debut only 100 days away,” interpreter Lee said. “Back then he did not have enough time to learn English step by step. So my teaching was focused on how to deliver ‘key messages’ in English during interviews there. Actually there is no problem catching a speaker’s key message with only a couple of words or sentences.”
Bae Doo-na seems to be another trial-and-error English learner like actor Lee. “I acted in ‘Cloud Atlas’ with English that I learned during my high school years,” Bae said in an interview last year. “I managed to film my scenes through countless trial-and-error. Many of those who watched the movie think I’m a fluent English speaker, but that’s really not the case. I still feel uncomfortable speaking in English.”
Following the production, she stayed in London for six months to learn English, according to her management agency.

Source: Media Today115793_127867_3048.jpg

Thanks to the highlight at Angel 70 <3
Anyone knows if these were Byunghnn's school/university friends (BH indicated by arrow), when and where the photo was taken? Based on the background ?
group-friends.jpg

April 7, 2014
Lee Byung Hun Confirms Lead Role in "The Insiders" 
Source: BH Entertainment Facebook l various media source
BH Entertainment on April 7 confirms that Lee Byung Hun's new Korean movie entitled "Insiders", a political thriller based on a book by Yoon Tae Ho. Filming to start in July and movie set for a 2015 release.
07680774.jpg

Lee Byung Hun cast in Korean movie 'Insiders'
by alim17 AllKpop.com
World star Lee Byung Hun has been cast in a new movie directed by Woo Min Ho and written by Yoon Tae Ho called 'Insiders.'  He will be playing the 'political gangster' Ahn Sang Goo in the movie, which is based on a web-toon of the same name.
The movie focuses on the decay and corruption deeply rooted in Korean society through a sharp dissection of "inside people."  Lee Byung Hun's character, Ahn Sang Woo, will play one of those corrupt people, who then become bent on revenge after his life comes to ruin.
They will begin filming in July for a premiere in the first half of 2015!