Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Best of Luck, Byunghun-ssi!

GBW Go! Go! Go!

bestBHbd.jpg

oh my..this feels like the LULL before the STORM.

tonight's the night...anything can happen. BH seems to be the dark horse.

so why do i think he has to win?

well, he is the only nominee that underwent a complete transformation

from the physical side...his hair...his eyes...his get-up to the bad character

the grunts..his manner of talking and the attitude...simply wicked!

i'm feeling jittery already...only a few hours more... before the mayhem.

it's like "last man standing" :sweatingbullets:

Gosh! SweetSis, I totally feel the same! :w00t: It's soooooooo nerve-wrecking! :sweatingbullets: I thought I could be nonchalant (!!!!) about the awards.. thinking that BH is in best company but it's really killing me inside. Butterflies keep filling in to the brim! Wonder how BH feels about it.. at this very moment.

He's the dark horse.. indeed! It's obvious whom most (other fans) are rooting/expecting to win.. but yeah.. a major upset by BH is not impossible at all. Hope the panel of jury will make a wise evaluation before deciding the choice. This is the chance that could be it.. a well deserved recognition for him if it happens. All the nominees are awesome actors.. winning the award is a double sweet bonus! Who will he be?

I'm getting a bit stressful as I had to surpress much of my never-ending excitement and feeling about the awards.. talking less about it at the thread (although I wish to go on forever).. silly but true. :sweatingbullets: Thanks so much for understanding and sharing your thoughts, I just don't want to feel out of place.. especially not here.

Don't think I'll be able to watch any streaming either... traffic is heavy as it is.. all the waiting & buffering will definitely tire & keep me down. The pics and Korean updates will definitely be my "real-time' report to follow.

So.. please everyone.. let's all share everything like we always do. This is BH's big night.. it doesn't come everyday.

p.s. saw at KSW thread that there's a VOTING at INNOLIFE 2008 Best Star, Drama, Movie. GBW is way ahead of the other movies!!!!

Thanks so much for the highlight. We wouldn't have known about this at all.. it's good to know that GBW is leading the poll.. totally the best of 2008.

Sure hope the NomNomNom will win Blue Dragon's Best Movie Couple/Group Award, too. :rolleyes: That'll be so cool!

Btw.. wonder if our Japanese fans & friends are going to Seoul to cheer for Byunghun-ssi today. As Ching is away.. we haven't had any update on this but knowing that BH would be attending the ceremony, I'm sure the fans will be there as well. GoGoGo GBW!!!!

oh my..this feels like the LULL before the STORM.

tonight's the night...anything can happen. BH seems to be the dark horse.

so why do i think he has to win?

p.s. saw at KSW thread that there's a VOTING at INNOLIFE 2008 Best Star, Drama, Movie. GBW is way ahead of the other movies!!!!

Hi kimchibabe - about this voting poll, GBW is far way ahead than other movies, like FATE & Rough Cut. It's on the top spot. (more or less 60%) . LBH acting was good in this movie as usual. Actually, I'm also rroting for him to win tonight ... really crossing my fingers. :lol::)

Guest ellabel

^^ Thanks for the welcome, rubie sis.

Looks like a lot of ppl are already excited about the BD awards.....As usual, BH will be dapper and handsome in whatever suit he will wear. Afterall, he's always one of the best-dressed actor in Korea. I hope to see more beautiful ppl on the red carpet. I wonder if BH will go alone or with his GBW co-stars and Director.

kimchibabe, i was supposed to use the same term "dark horse" in my post yesterday.... becoz that's how i feel.... If BH wins, it wud be an upset as we know that the Chaser leading man had won Best Actor awards already and Song Kang ho is Song Kang ho... his name is already synonymous to "winning awards". I hope the judges will see the over-all brilliance of the actor's performance and how he had immersed himself into the character and made it stand out. I cant really make an unbiased and legit opinion as I've not seen any of the competiting movies. I just read bits and pieces of news and a few reviews. Still, I'm crossing my fingers that BH will pull a fast one. Whether riding a horse or not, let the BAD one snatch and steal the much-coveted award. Byun hun-sshi... Fighting!!!! :w00t::w00t:

I still believe that GBW will not go home empty handed. It stands a good chance of winning some awards... i'm quite certain of that... To GBW!!!! Fighting!!!! :w00t:

Looks like a lot of ppl are already excited about the BD awards.....As usual, BH will be dapper and handsome in whatever suit he will wear. Afterall, he's always one of the best-dressed actor in Korea. I hope to see more beautiful ppl on the red carpet. I wonder if BH will go alone or with his GBW co-stars and Director.

He might appear alone (unless he's married/dating, bringing his partner.. yupyup.. the sweetest wish! ^^) .. but I have a feeling that the GBW cast will come together with Dir. Kim as he's also nominated for the Best Director award. Now.. Dir. Kim is probably another dark horse :blush: .. whom with a bigger chance to win.. all things considered.

It's cool that JWS would appear as well (read that he will be attending).. to support his fellow co-stars although he's not in the list of nominees. GBW wouldn't be complete without each of the Noms.

Wahhhhh! It's only a couple hours more! :w00t: 3 hours tops before the Red Carpet will start.. with fans & media filling the space. Oooh.. gotta get ready, hunnies!

:w00t: BYUNGHUN-ssi & NomNomNom Fighting! :w00t: All the best & all the way! :w00t:

Yay! that suit is excellent! i wanna see him in that kind of suit! very classy!

Mona.. just for comparison.. award events and fashion shows are different. The first is formal, the other one stylish+casual. Have you ever seen BH attending an award event without wearing a tuxedo or a classy suit? :P

At least he never wears jeans to a wedding. :rolleyes:

20193159578_61000090.jpg

200811201930421124_1.jpg

HAHHA, THE CAMERA JUST SCOPED hUNNIE

MY GOODNESS, MY HEARTBEAT!!

Mona.. just for comparison.. award events and fashion shows are different. The first is formal, the other one stylish+casual. Have you ever seen BH attending an award event without wearing a tuxedo or a classy suit? :P

At least he never wears jeans to a wedding. :rolleyes:

JEAN OR EVEN SHORT TO WEDDING IS NO PRBLEM TO ME DEAR... as long as he attend and give true-heart blessing! :rolleyes:

JEAN OR EVEN SHORT TO WEDDING IS NO PRBLEM TO ME DEAR... as long as he attend and give true-heart blessing! :rolleyes:

Hahaa.. Mona dear.. whatever pleases you.. whatever pleases you. :P We can go on and on about this and still have different views. Just no need to shout.. :sweatingbullets:

But.. if anyone wears shorts to a wedding .. they just don't have any respect for the bride & groom and their families. Well.. just my thought. So.. don't shoot.. :ph34r:

Anyway.. back to the event.. what's happening now? You're really lucky to be watching it. Thanks for sharing with us, appreciate it very much! :blush:

NISI20081120_0000284729_web.jpg

PP08112000051.JPG

He didnt win the prize but at least, i can have chance to see him live in presenting the award.. (sorry i dun know and forgot the name of his presenting female partner)

His voice, as usual, is sweet and deeply warm!

his hairstyle is so suave...

add-in: My mother, his eldest fan in family, said that, LBH looked even younger than he was in All in!!! muahhaha! meant, in her eyes, he looked younger than he was in 2002... :rolleyes:

afterward, when MR Song Kang Ho presenting the names of norminees, Hunnie show the symbol V while the camera scoped him ... and a killing smile !!! :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

that quite more than i can expect to see him live !!! :w00t:

Edit more: Soompi, as usual, have daily maintenance at 0630PM our local time...

when it turned on, all the prizes have completed...

The Best Actor winner.. not a surprise. :blush:

Congrats to Kim Yoon Seok, definitely a big year of great achievement for him!

It's kinda obvious when it was SKH presented the Best Actor award. I managed to see a 10-sec streaming while soompi was out.. just to see Song Kang Ho & Lee Mi Sook coming onto the stage.

Too bad Dir. Kim Ji Woon didn't attend the ceremony, that'll be great to see him.. winning two Best Director award in a row.

GBW winning 3 awards out of 8 nominations out of 15 categories is not bad at all (the results are pretty spread out, too).. plus the B.O. award for the best of 2008. Congratulations NomNomNom! :w00t:

He didnt win the prize but at least, i can have chance to see him live in presenting the award.. (sorry i dun know and forgot the name of his presenting female partner)

His voice, as usual, is sweet and deeply warm!

his hairstyle is so suave...

add-in: My mother, his eldest fan in family, said that, LBH looked even younger than he was in All in!!! muahhaha! meant, in her eyes, he looked younger than he was in 2002... :rolleyes:

afterward, when MR Song Kang Ho presenting the names of norminees, Hunnie show the symbol V while the camera scoped him ... and a killing smile !!! :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

that quite more than i can expect to see him live !!! :w00t:

Thanks so much Mona for the wonderful update, at least I'm not all alone at the thread. :blush: I hope we'll have a screencap from the Best Actor announcement.

The Best Actor winner.. came as no surprise at all. It's already pretty obvious despite the tough competition. It's just not BH's moment yet.. Blue Dragon still eludes him but that will only spur him on for a better performance, more & more to come.

Frankly.. I wasn't putting that much hope.. ok.. ok.. maybe.. a little wish for a truly major upset.. perhaps. :sweatingbullets: Just as kimchibabe & Ella mentioned earlier.. Byunghun-ssi was obviously the dark horse among all the nominees. It could happen but just isn't his luck to be. I'm not disappointed.. but a bit sad though.. well.. just because and it's Byunghun-ssi.. not just anyone.

Remember the blessing in all of this.. he didn't win the 2005 Blue Dragon for BSL but instead went on to win the Baeksang award the year later. A good feeling that BH's biggest chance & break yet to come.. locally and internationally.

Byunghun-ssi.. keep on giving the best, no matter what! Fighting! :wub:

ps: Leesin suddenly called me up when BH was presenting an award. She was watching him on a big-screen tv through cable. Our Omma Butterfly wasn't expecting to see him at all.. kinda clueless panda. :blush: And I was only able to stare at a blank soompi page.. not knowing what happened.. during the maintenance mode. LS was supposed to call back.. if BH wins (she didn't know that he was nominated either :lol: ).. but didn't.. of course.

Thanks to kdramafanusa at the Blue Dragon thread

Presenters of Most Popular Film Award (LBH & Song Yun Ah)

8bu75141191a3c4bdah6.jpg

The 29th Blue Dragon Awards Winner List

[For films shown from 2007.10.25 to 2008.10.30]

BEST FILM 최우수작품

Seven Days 세븐데이즈

Forever The Moment 우리 생애 최고의 순간 (이하 우생순)

The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은놈 나쁜놈 이상한놈 (이하 놈놈놈)

The Chaser 추격자

Crossing 크로싱

BEST DIRECTOR 감독

Kim Yoo-jin 김유진 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

Kim Ji-woon 김지운 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Kim Tae-kyun 김태균 (Crossing 크로싱)

Won Shin-yeon 원신연 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Lim Soon-rye 임순례 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

BEST LEADING ACTOR 남우주연

Kim Yoon-seok 김윤석 (The Chaser 추격자)

Kim Joo-hyuk 김주혁 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

Seol Kyung-gu 설경구 (Kang Cheol-Jung: Public Enemy 1-1 강철중 : 공공의 적 1-1)

Song Kang-ho 송강호 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Lee Byung-hun 이병헌 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Ha Jung-woo 하정우 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST LEADING ACTRESS 여우주연

Gong Hyo-jin 공효진 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Kim Yun-jin 김윤진 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Moon So-ri 문소리 (Forevever The Moment 우생순)

Son Ye-jin 손예진 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

Soo Ae 수애 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR 남우조연

Go Chang-seok 고창석 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Park Hee-soon 박희순 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Uhm Tae-woong 엄태웅 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

Lim Won-hee 임원희 (Le Grand Chef 식객)

Jung Kyung-ho 정경호 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS 여우조연

Kim Mi-sook 김미숙 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Kim Ji-young 김지영 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

Kim Hae-sook 김해숙 (Open City 무방비 도시)

Park Shi-yeon 박시연 (Dachimawa Lee 다찌마와 리)

Seo Young-hee 서영희 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST NEW ACTOR 신인남우

Kang Ji-hwan 강지환 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Kim Nam-gil 김남길 (Kang Cheol-Jung: Public Enemy 1-1 강철중 : 공공의 적 1-1)

Ryu Tae-joon 류태준 (Girl Scout 걸스카우트)

So Ji-sub 소지섭 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Lee Young-hoon 이영훈 (GP506)

BEST NEW ACTRESS 신인여우

Seo Woo 서우 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Lee Ha-na 이하나 (Le Grand Chef 식객)

Han Ye-seul 한예슬 (Miss Gold Digger 용의주도 미스 신)

Han Eun-jung 한은정 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

Hwang Woo Seul-hye 황우슬혜 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

BEST NEW DIRECTOR 신인감독

Na Hong-jin 나홍진 (The Chaser 추격자)

Oh Jeom-gyun 오점균 (Viva! Love 경축! 우리사랑)

Lee Kyung-mi 이경미 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Lee Sang-ki 이상기 (Open City 무방비 도시)

Jang Hoon 장훈 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY 촬영

Kim Byung-seo 김병서 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Kim Tae-kyung 김태경 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

Lee Mo-gae 이모개 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Lee Sung-je 이성제 (The Chaser 추격자)

Hong Kyung-pyo 홍경표 (M)

BEST LIGHTING 조명

Kang Dae-Hee 강대희 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

Shin Kyung-man 신경만 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Oh Seung-cheol 오승철 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Lee Cheol-oh 이철오 (The Chaser 추격자)

Choi Cheol-soo 최철수 (M)

BEST MUSIC 음악

Kim Joon-seok 김준석 Choi Yong-rak 최용락 (The Chaser 추격자)

Dalparan 달파란 Jang Young-gyu 장영규 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Bang Joon-seok 방준석 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Lee Byung-hoon 이병훈 Bang Joon-seok 방준석 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

Lee Jae-jin 이재진 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

BEST ART DIRECTION 미술

Kang Seung-yong 강승용 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

Min Eun-wook 민언욱 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

Yoo-Joo-ho 유주호 Yoon Sang-yoon 윤상윤 (M)

Jo Sang-kyung 조상경 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

Jo Hwa-sung 조화성 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

TECHINICAL AWARD 기술

Kim Seon-min 김선민 (The Chaser - editing 추격자-편집)

Shin Min-kyung 신민경 (Seven Days - editing 세븐데이즈-편집)

Lee Chang-man 이창만 (GP506 - special makeup GP506-특수분장)

Visual Insight 인사이트비주얼 (Modern Boy - CG 모던보이-CG)

DTI (The Good, The Bad, The Weird - CG 놈놈놈-CG)

BEST SCREENPLAY 각본

Na Hyun 나현 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

Na Hong-jin 나홍진 (The Chaser 추격자)

Song Hye-jin 송혜진 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

Yoon Jae-gu 윤재구 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Lee Kyung-mi 이경미 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

SHORT FILM AWARD 단편영화상

잔소리

POPULARITY AWARD 인기스타상

Seol Kyung-gu 설경구 (Kang Cheol-jung: Public Enemy 1-1 강철중: 공공의 적 1-1)

Jung Woo-sung 정우성 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Kim Ha-neul 김하늘 (Lovers Of 6 Years 6년째 연애중)

Son Ye-jin 손예진 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

BEST COUPLE 베스트커플

Kim Joo-hyuk 김주혁 & Son Ye-jin 손예진 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

MOST POPULAR FILM 최다관객상

The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈