Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Mona Jang.. all Byunghun fans knew that his English name is Brian although it wasn't given by his parents. Whether it suits him or otherwise, it was chosen by someone who's a close friend of BH years ago. It was speculated said that Song Seung Hun (and another friend) picked the name for him. At the same time, SSH had also taken the name 'James' as his English name. BUT.. neither SSH or BH are using their so-called English names. I believe it wasn't meant to be used professionally, just something among friends..

Popseoul had just got themselves something to make fun with.. the blog is making a big deal out of the name. It's nothing new at all. As far as I have seen and read, BH himself had never used or indicate the name "Brian" in any interviews/clips/articles. In fact.. he had mentioned recently that he prefers to hear Westerners call him by his Korean name.

Btw.. doesn't Kwon Sang Woo has an English name as well. :mellow:

Hahha, such long time to see back my usual name Mona Jang...

haha, Mrs Lee, did you mean that i dun know about his English name Brian while EVERBODY Lee Fan knows about that?

what a shame on me, but frankly, i just knew yesterday... :blush:

Personally, i dun like Korean natizen actor has his/her English name except those who live in US or become US citizens.

Brian Lee, James Song?Agoo... Still it best if we call Lee Byung Hun or Song Seung Hun...

Hope, SSH didnt give Sangwoo such funny English name..

Kwon Sang Woo didnt have E name dear Mrs Lee, he just got his Christian name Francisco named by the Catholic father... That is not a E name, thanks God!

Copied from at post #17573, page 879. The ladies are Chinese celebrities Zhang Yuqi and Gao Yuanyuan.

Don't like the Versace suit, huh.. TY.. take a number. :P It looks ok on BH (because he's always so comfortable & familiar with wearing a suit.. shiny or not ^^) .. but could be worse on someone else who is not as confident or charismatic. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the enlightening the name of those ladies... agoo, who is Zhang Yuqi? Was it Zhang Ziyi? or who? Shuqi?

i dun mean Hunnie didn't look well in that suit but i mean i didnt like THAT SUIT....

Hunnie is always best in every costums, with or even WITHOUT!! :lol:

^ Whatever pleases you.. dear Mona Jang..

yupyup.. everything is up to you.. :rolleyes:

ps: I personally have not seen the Chinese celebrities before but I looked it up and found their names as that mentioned. Come on, TY.. .. look at the photos carefully.. do they even look like ZhangZiyi or ShuQi? And why do you keep bringing up these actresses' names here? :wacko::sweatingbullets: They are not the only actresses in mainland China. The show was held in Beijing.. obviously.. local celebrities would be invited. Whether they are famous or not (to us).. it's good enough to see BH meeting them and presumably they all had a good time, enjoying the fashion event.

ps: I personally have not seen the Chinese celebrities before but I looked it up and found their names as that mentioned. Come on, TY.. .. look at the photos carefully.. do they even look like ZhangZiyi or ShuQi? And why do you keep bringing up these actresses' names here? :wacko::sweatingbullets: They are not the only actresses in mainland China. The show was held in Beijing.. obviously.. local celebrities would be invited. Whether they are famous or not (to us).. it's good enough to see BH meeting them and presumably they all had a good time, enjoying the fashion event.

i did look very carefully before asking you dear... i still not know who are they...

i dun know much about Chinese(or outside Korea) celeb.... that blame on my blur...

the HKG actor i like best is Tony Leung, hahah, a gentlemen, not lady :lol:

But, no matter who they are, i assume they must be famous to be set nearby Hunnie.. :)

Guest kimchibabe

gosh! BH getting a nomination for Best Actor at the Blue Dragon awards! :rolleyes:

wish it was the 20th already. :sweatingbullets:

it has been the most elusive award for BH, and it will be a miracle if he wins this time

with SKH around it will be a tight fight..but i still hope BH wins*fingers crossed*

gosh! BH getting a nomination for Best Actor at the Blue Dragon awards! :rolleyes:

wish it was the 20th already. :sweatingbullets:

it has been the most elusive award for BH, and it will be a miracle if he wins this time

with SKH around it will be a tight fight..but i still hope BH wins*fingers crossed*

Hi SweetSis, welcome back! Been missing reading your thoughts & tidbits. :blush:

Only 2 days more, huh.. seems that BH already returned from China on the 15th to be ready to attend the Blue Dragon. Sure hope GBW will bring him the elusive BD's Best Actor award. :rolleyes: But there have also been a double winners for Blue Dragon before.. in 2006, actors Ahn Sung Ki & Park Joong Hoon (both leading actors of Radio Star) winning the Best Actor award together.

And.. even with the "invincible" super Best Actor SKH in the nomination.. our BH has had the honour winning Best Actor award with SKH-ssi in 2000 in the Pusan Critics' Award for JSA. Nothing is impossible! :w00t:

Guest kimchibabe

Hi SweetSis, welcome back! Been missing reading your thoughts & tidbits. :blush:

And.. even with the "invincible" super Best Actor SKH in the nomination.. our BH has had the honour winning Best Actor award with SKH-ssi in 2000 in the Pusan Critics' Award for JSA. Nothing is impossible! :w00t:

Sweet Rubie thanks for the welcome! had trouble with the pc and only had it fixed yesterday :sweatingbullets:

it really feels terrible not being able to come to this thread :tears:

does lightning strike twice? well. i sure hope it does. a double whammy!!!!

but i'm imagining BH saying instead, "impossible is nothing". :blush:

^ I sure know how extremely frustrating it could be and could definitely relate to "hair-pulling moments".. not being able to come to the thread at all. Such a bummer :wacko: .. it's something none of us would want happening..

does lightning strike twice? well. i sure hope it does. a double whammy!!!!

but i'm imagining BH saying instead, "impossible is nothing". :blush:

Let's just say.. the STORM is coming! :lol:

and true.. indeed.. for Byunghun-ssi.. impossible is nothing.. didn't we see that from him.. all the time? :blush:

There's another version of the RAV4 CM posted at the Toyota website, thanks to the highlight at lovelbh.com. It's really cool that from the fabulous making/BTS clip.. they didn't waste all those sexyHunnie scenes.. :rolleyes::wub:

http://toyota.jp/rav4/tvcf/index.html

Anyone with the actual clip to share.. :blush:

Would appreciate any link very much. Merci!

I think we can all somehow 'imagine' what the article is about, via Chinese sources.. online-translate.. whatever. I better not post or guess too much.. some might misunderstood. Sorry.

이병헌, 이연걸과 함께 베르사체 패션쇼 참가

Lee Byung-Hun, Jet Li participate in Versace fashion show

조이뉴스24 기사전송 2008-11-18 14:26

1226970302285_1.jpg

톱스타 이병헌이 지난 13일 중국 베이징에서 열린 세계적인 패션 브랜드 베르사체(Versace) '2009 SS 컬렉션'과 월드스타 이연걸이 세운 '일기금'(Jet Li One Foundation) 주최로 열린 쓰촨성 지진피해 어린이 돕기 자선기금 마련을 위한 '패션 채리티 갈라'에 참석했다.

평소에도 멋진 패션 감각을 뽐내는 이병헌은 아시아에서 가장 영향력 있는 배우이자 패셔니스타로 꼽혀 이번 베르사체 패션쇼와 갈라에 초청됐다. 이병헌은 이날 행사장에 샤이니한 소재의 베르사체 블랙 수트를 입고 등장, 세계 각국에서 모인 취재진들의 관심을 한 몸에 받았다.

이병헌은 "많은 사람들의 기억 속에서 조금씩 잊혀져 가고 있지만 아직까지 그 때의 상처 때문에 힘들어하는 분들께 작으나마 힘을 보태고 싶어 피해복구를 위한 뜻 깊은 손길에 참여하게 됐다"고 말했다.

베르사체는 중국과 아시아의 탑 셀러브리티, 각계각층의 저명인사, 스타일 리더 등 900여명이 참석한 가운데 열린 이번 2009 SS 컬렉션에서 고품격 라이프스타일 컨셉트에 어울리는 작품을 대거 선보였다.

또 패션쇼가 끝난 후 쓰촨성 지진 피해 아동의 재활치료를 위한 아동센터 기금 마련 경매가 열려, 베르사체와 이연걸이 기증한 소장품 등 다양한 제품이 경매를 통해 판매됐다.

한편 이날 행사에선 'Versace One Foundation' 로고가 첫 공개됐다. 이 로고는 중국 베르사체 부티크에서 독점 판매될 'Versace One Foundation 리미티드 에디션 ' 제품에 1년 동안 사용되며, 판매 수익금 전액은 '일기금'에 기부돼 중국 쓰촨성 지진 피해 아동의 재활 치료를 위한 아동센터 설립 기금으로 쓰여질 예정이다.

1226970303686_2.jpg

/홍미경기자 mkhong@joynews24.com

IT는 아이뉴스24, 연예스포츠는 조이뉴스24

(Copyright ⓒ 조이뉴스24. 무단전재 및 재배포 금지)

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_jn/20081...%BB%E7%B8%B6%0B

Thanks to kdramafanusa, copied from the Blue Dragon thread

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?u...18/8br75108.htm

http://sports.chosun.com/news/entertainmen...18/8br75108.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/entertainmen.../8br75108_1.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/entertainmen.../8br75108_2.jpg

p><p> [i]Stars attending this year

Lee Mi-Yeon, Song Yoon-Ah, Lee Bo-Young

Kim Yun-Jin (will fly back to Korea on the 19th), Daniel Henney

Lee Jung-Jae, Jung Woo-Sung

%7Boption%7Dhttp://sports.chosun.com/news/entertainment/200811/20081118/8br75108_4.jpg' alt='8br75108_4.jpg'> Lee Byung-Hun (flying back on the 15th)

So Ji-Sub (will leave for China on the 22nd to shoot drama "Cain & Abel")

Shin Hyun-Joon

November 19, 2008

29th Blue Dragon Film Awards - November 20, 2008

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=256731

Stars gear up to grace the red carpet at Korea’s version of the Oscars

blue2008.jpg

The 29th Blue Dragon Film Awards will be held tomorrow at the KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul. The red carpet ceremony starts at 6:30 p.m.

Awards will be given in 15 different categories, including Best Film and Best Director. Nominees for Best Film include “Seven Days,” “Forever the Moment,” “The Good, the Bad and the Weird” and “Crossing.”

Kim Jee-woon (The Good, the Bad and the Weird), Kim Tae-hyun (Crossing), Won Shin-yeon (Seven Days), Lim Soon-rye (Forever the Moment), Kim Yoo-jin (“The Divine Weapon”) are up for Best Director.

Actors and actresses in the running for an award include Kim Yun-seok and Ha Jeong-woo from “The Chaser,” Song Gang-ho and Lee Byung-hun from The Good, the Bad and the Weird, Kim Yun-jin from Seven Days and Moon So-ri from Forever the Moment.

The Best Film nominees were screened at the Daehan Cinema in Chungmuro, central Seoul, from Nov. 9 to 18. Han Jae-rim’s “The Show Must Go On” was last year’s Best Film.

Source: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! :blink: It's the 19th and I'm getting headaches.. heartache... heartburn :o .. everything! :wacko:

My good pc is being bad and acting incredibly weird.. :huh: huhuhuhuhhhuuuuu!!! :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

I don't think I can watch the live streaming (like always).. seems so complicated all of the sudden..

Hope everyone at the thread can chip in any award news, Hunnie pics and let's share talks together.. by being here. Sometimes it's so funny and silly that only rubes ranting/raving at the thread/posting when there's a really big event happening concerning BH. It's just sad when you have no one to share your happiness & jubilation with.. it's just not the same, anymore.

Anyway.. copied these from the BD thread, hope the links will help.. in some ways! :w00t: Thanks to the cool members sharing as stated in the quotes

According to KBS World Asia's programme schedule for 20 November 2008, the following are the broadcast times

Part 1 : 7:25pm (KST) Blue Dragon Film Awards

Part 2 : 8:35pm (KST) Blue Dragon Film Awards

Watch Blue Dragon Film Awards live?

The ceremony will start on Thursday November 20th at 7:25pm (Korea Time); red carpet will start at 6:30pm.

The event will be broadcasted live on KBS2TV, it's available here.

Check your time zone here.

KBS America (DISH NETWORK | TIME WARNER (Southern California) | KXLA Ch44)

For fans living in the US, it'll start at 2:15am (LA) / 5:15am (NY).

http://www.kbs-america.com/bbs/board.php?i...&category=1

^ KBS America's Weekly Schedule shows WED(11/19), it should be THU(11/20).

KXLA Ch44 shows "29th Blue Dragon Film Awards Highlight" on FRI(11/21) at 8:25pm.

http://www.kbs-america.com/bbs/board.php?i...amp;category=10

TIME WARNER (Southern California)

http://www.kbs-america.com/bbs/board.php?i...&category=3

19th Blue Dragon Film Awards Part.1 (Live) - 2:15am on WED(11/19) [should be THUR?]

19th Blue Dragon Film Awards Part.2 (Live) - 3:15am on ...

Rerun on SUN(11/23): Part 1 starting at 7:50pm, Part 2 starting at 10:40pm

DISH NETWORK

http://www.kbs-america.com/bbs/board.php?i...&category=1

19th Blue Dragon Film Awards Part.1-2 (Live) - 2:15am(LA)/5:15am(NY) on WED(11/19) [should be THUR?]

* Rerun on SUN(11/23): Part 1-2 starting at 7:40pm(LA)/10:40pm(NY)

Fans with Cox, do you know the schedule?

This is mainly for rubie's hopeless curiosity. :sweatingbullets: .. would really, really appreciate a fine-r gist from anyone with better grasp on the text & info. Please and thank you.

---

November 19, 2008

연예스타들 자체 기획사 설립 `붐`

2008111895911_2008111897191.jpg

톱스타 장동건이 최근 서울 강남구 신사동에 일반 주택을 리모델링한 사무실을 열었다. 지난달 웰메이드스타엠과 전속 계약이 끝난 뒤 자체 연예기획사를 만들기로 한 것.장동건 측은 조만간 회사 설립 절차를 마무리짓고 독자 활동을 선언할 계획이다.

윤은혜도 자체 기획사 '컴퍼니오브더하우스'를 설립했고 H.O.T 출신 가수 이재원은 중국에서 음반 제작 등을 위한 엔터테인먼트 회사를 열었다. 이에 앞서 원빈,이영애,류시원,박용하,박신양도 독자적인 기획사를 세웠다. 지난해 11월 제이튠을 설립한 비는 최근 패션 브랜드를 론칭하는 등 다양한 신사업을 추진하고 있다.

이처럼 톱스타들의 자체 기획사 설립이 늘면서 매니지먼트 업계의 판도도 대형 기획사에서 실속형 기획사 중심으로 바뀌고 있다.

이병헌은 지난해 자체 기획사 BH엔터테인먼트를 설립하면서 자신만의 매니지먼트를 위해 경리와 홍보마케팅,국내외 에이전트,현장 매니저 등 직원 5명을 고용하고 연간 4억∼5억원의 경상비를 투입했다. 대형 기획사 소속일 경우 연간 25억원의 수입 중 20%인 5억원을 어차피 회사 측에 줘야 하기 때문에 손해볼 게 없다는 계산이었다.

이병헌은 자체 기획사에서 중장기 매니지먼트 계획을 마련한 덕분에 일본에서 싱글 앨범을 냈고,할리우드 영화 'G.I.조'에도 출연해 내년 8월 개봉을 앞두고 있다. BH엔터테인먼트는 최근 다른 매니지먼트를 합병해 약 10명의 연예인을 거느리게 됐다.

손석우 BH엔터테인먼트 대표는 "자체 기획사를 만든 연예인들은 BOF의 배용준을 교범으로 삼고 있다"며 "배용준은 처음에는 '나홀로' 출발했지만 이제는 소지섭과 이나영 등 유명 배우들을 거느리고 있으며 한국과 일본에서 레스토랑과 김치 사업 등을 하고 있다"고 말했다.

그러나 넘어야 할 산도 많다. 연간 수입이 최소 25억원은 돼야 수지가 맞는다. 사업 다각화와 다양한 콘텐츠 개발을 통한 수익 모델을 찾는 것도 과제다. 또 자체 기획사를 영속성 있는 회사로 키우려면 스타가 가져가는 금액 비중을 낮춰야 한다. 증권업계의 한 애널리스트는 "연예인 오너가 수입의 80% 이상을 가져간다면 그 회사의 성장가능성은 낮다"며 "회사를 키우기 위해서는 오너 몫을 절반 이하로 낮추고 그것도 회사에 재투자해야 한다"고 말했다.

유재혁 기자 yoojh@hankyung.com

BH related excerpt only.. partly A better translated gist on this is greatly anticipated..

Lee Byung Hun's BH Entertainment has established its own managing agency, managing finance and to promote their own marketing, for domestic and foreign clients/agents, managers and employees. Recent projects & ventures of Lee Byung-hun have materalized as long-term management plan prepared by the agency itself, namely a single album in Japan, as well as the Hollywood movie 'GI Joe' to be released in August next year. BH Entertainment recently merged management of about 10 people ???Artists said. (could it be that BH Ent has emerged or now a partner of Artist View?)

Korean article at http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview....d=2008111895911

Guest ellabel

Happy to be back at the panda forest and reading and seeing a lot of BH goodies.

Will still have to do some BP cruising.

I'm glad that BH is nominated in the BD Awards. I know that he is facing stiff competition but i'm really hoping/praying that LBH wins the most coveted Best Actor award. *crossing fingers*

Thanks to all the hunnies who are keeping the thread alive esp. to dear rubes. :wub:Many thanks again for remembering and all the warm wishes.

Happy to be back at the panda forest and reading and seeing a lot of BH goodies.

Will still have to do some BP cruising.

I'm glad that BH is nominated in the BD Awards. I know that he is facing stiff competition but i'm really hoping/praying that LBH wins the most coveted Best Actor award. *crossing fingers*

aWww.. it's so good to see you at the thread, Ella-hunnie sis! :w00t: We've been too quiet :sweatingbullets: lately. Really appreciate the warm words.. simple posting(s) that are truly the best encouragement to have. To read thoughts.. comments, anything ar all.. other than our own.. is a treat we just don't have anymore.

The Blue Dragon is without a doubt, 2008's best movie highlight.. totally agree with you and especially thankful that our BH is nominated alongside Korea's best and most credible actors. Will not dispute that the competition this year couldn't get any tougher.. each of them with their acting strength and strong performances. But we wouldn't have it any other way either.. huh.. huh.... Byunghun-ssi certainly at his best performance and most deserving to be nominated for consideration of a Blue Dragon Best Actor award. It makes the competition & winning all the more memorably significant.

We sure hope & pray that the ceremony will be a truly perfect and special event for him and GBW. Can't wait to see our Hunnie & the team, appearing at the Red Carpet tomorrow. :blush:

Byunghun-ssi & NomNomNom FIGHTING! fight.gif

Hope more BH fans will join us tonight to cheer on for Byunghun-ssi and GBW. Feels a bit weird being at the Blue Dragon thread.. can't explain why.. :tears: ..

Anyway.. GBW seems to be the odd game out at the awards but it's alright.. maybe there'll be a (good) upset by the movie at the ceremony tonight! Fighting!!! NOMNOMNOM all the best and all the way! :w00t:

Hope more fans will help post BH & GBW-related pics/updates at the thread.. PLEASE.

rubie really can't do it alone.. :sweatingbullets: and the pc isn't doing too well either. :ph34r:

Guest kimchibabe

oh my..this feels like the LULL before the STORM.

tonight's the night...anything can happen. BH seems to be the dark horse.

so why do i think he has to win?

well, he is the only nominee that underwent a complete transformation

from the physical side...his hair...his eyes...his get-up to the bad character

the grunts..his manner of talking and the attitude...simply wicked!

i'm feeling jittery already...only a few hours more... before the mayhem.

it's like "last man standing" :sweatingbullets:

p.s. saw at KSW thread that there's a VOTING at INNOLIFE 2008 Best Star, Drama, Movie. GBW is way ahead of the other movies!!!!

November 20, 2008

Blue Dragon Film Awards Return

8bl75105_1.jpg

The 29th Blue Dragon Film Awards ceremony is on Thursday evening at the KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul. The award has been around for some 45 years and has an interesting history.

Actor Shin Seong-il holds the record for the most awards, winning for 10 consecutive years, from the first in 1963 until the 10th. Shin, who debuted in 1960 with “A Romantic Papa,” became an instant superstar and led the heyday of the Korean film industry. The record is even more remarkable given the award was suspended for 15-years from 1974. Yet he never won for best actor, only in the “most popular” category.

Choi Jin-sil, who died by suicide last month, won the most awards for “most popular” female star with eight, including for six consecutive years between 1990 and 1995, and in 1997 and 1998. Choi made her screen debut in 1990 with “Nambugun (North Korean Partisan in South Korea).”

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0811200016.html