Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

News bites: October 20, 2008

October 20th, 2008 // by javabeans

“Kimchi western” film The Good The Bad The Weird won double awards at the Hawaii International Film Festival, taking home the Achievement in Acting award for Jung Woo-sung (who played “the good” to Lee Byeong-heon’s “bad” and Song Kang-ho’s “weird”), as well as the Maverick Award (ugh, that word gives me twitches) for director Kim Ji-woon.

Source: dramabeans.com

Thanks to TY_KSW, Larger poster of NOM NOM NOM !

Always love this GBW-Movieweek photoshoot of the 3 top actors in Korea :blush:

cf091296copyjb8.jpg

Guest valley girl

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9647/cf091296copyjb8.jpg

talking about this 3 actor. all of them is amazing hahhaha

song kang Ho is mr Awards Sweeper ~ he has many best actor awards most maybe !!!

lee byung heon so far has most drama and film to Play

Jung Woo sung He is Hot and Talented

i think they will attend all korean awards heheheh.. so we will see many pics, vids of them hehehehe

^ Yup! SKH-ssi is indeed the Best Actor in Korea with the most awards to his name. There's even a (sort of) joke among fans that if SKH is nominated in any award events.. there should be two Best Actor awards presented as he would obviously win. :blush: And for other actors to win as well, another award had to be planned.

BH does indeed done a lot of drama series in the 90s especially and since early 2000 have focused on more films instead as they are his #1 passion. It's actually a cool treat for fans because we have so many BH acting work that we can enjoy over and over again. From the best of drama series to the most special movie performances. LBH is actually more known internationally, not just in Asia but Europe & the US, too.. because of A Bittersweet Life's highly-acclaimed success.

Guest valley girl

^ Yup! SKH-ssi is indeed the Best Actor in Korea with the most awards to his name. There's even a (sort of) joke among fans that if SKH is nominated in any award events.. there should be two Best Actor awards presented as he would obviously win. :blush: And for other actors to win as well, another award had to be planned.

so that's why i am dying watching 3 noms really 3 superstar here.. no wonder 3 noms hit Box offices 3 K superstar.

i was Shock last year he won all best actor with different movie

jeon do yeon too, she's a pair of song kang Ho before won cannes she's sweep-award-actress too.

no wonder many young Star So proud Play with LBH~ jin goo so Happy talking about him, SKH, seol kyoung gyu ~ kang dong won want to play only as additional in SKG movie , Choi min sik

Guest kimchibabe

watched the MV of Ring of Kiss and my conclusion is that the ring disppeared to say that all hope is now gone as to the purpose of the ring. i loved the red violet sky in the last scene...a breathtaking dusk in korea. were the lovers supposed to meet in the rooftop? did the girl not come to the meeting place signalling the end of their love affair?

i loved seeing BH, oily face... no socks with a serious look on his face. exactly the opposite in the Itsuka MV where he was all smiles from beginning to end. at the start of the MV as he was preparing, he was concentrating then he looked straight into the camera.. :wub::wub: his eyes had that certain twinkle...it was just so sexy! i enjoyed the MV so much...so many close ups of BH..him sitting with legs crossed effortlessly singing...the foot tapping..he was really enjoying the shoot! and the final shot of him infront of the piano...a quiet time after the swingy tune..beautiful fade out shot.

watched the MV of Ring of Kiss and my conclusion is that the ring disppeared to say that all hope is now gone as to the purpose of the ring. i loved the red violet sky in the last scene...a breathtaking dusk in korea. were the lovers supposed to meet in the rooftop? did the girl not come to the meeting place signalling the end of their love affair?

The violet sky shot is indeed very beautiful, pretty romantic too.. despite the outcome of the scene(s). I thought the conclusion went well.. :sweatingbullets: .. in a way.. that he's willing to give what she wanted. With no disrespect to Tae Kimura.. while her role isn't a breathtaking beauty.. there's something vibrant about her.. that pulls herself to BH's character. It's her strong presence on him.. her passion as a photographer.. her sweet laughter simply made him smile just thinking about her.

As I said before.. I especially love the water fountain scene.. he's willing to "get wet" (endure more) for her?!?

Wish we have some caps for the MV.. don't know if it's ok to share openly.. :blush: Too bad the KMP player no longer works as I've revert to Media Classic Player instead. Dino-pc here cannot handle too much lately.

i loved seeing BH, oily face... no socks with a serious look on his face. exactly the opposite in the Itsuka MV where he was all smiles from beginning to end. at the start of the MV as he was preparing, he was concentrating then he looked straight into the camera.. :wub::wub: his eyes had that certain twinkle...it was just so sexy! i enjoyed the MV so much...so many close ups of BH..him sitting with legs crossed effortlessly singing...the foot tapping..he was really enjoying the shoot! and the final shot of him infront of the piano...a quiet time after the swingy tune..beautiful fade out shot.

Ohhh! I could not agree more.. totally in sync with this, totally ^^ I just love watching the BTS bit for Kiss of Ring. The upclose shots of BH are just fabulous. The ordinary guy he is.. sans make-up.. just him as he is.. is a precious treat to watch. Arriving at the set, first & foremost greeting the PD of the MV (a Japanese friend mentions that he's a well known PD in Japan). And seeing BH just so serious listening and giving his thoughts.. man.. we could really watch him go on and on. :blush:

The Itsuka PV.. he was pretty anxious in the beginning.. unsmiling and fiddling with his fingers while getting the make-up touches done. But once the music starts playing.. those sexy glances and happy smiles.. I just can't get enough. :wub: For a song that we don't understand the lyrics.. seeing how he's having such a good time.. we'd just tapped along happily.. all the way.

Noticed how BH always had his cap worn the way he likes it (the front turned to the back?) when he's so into something.. like.. while recording the song.. similar to the time he was rehearsing the script at the set of Three, Monster in 2004? Such BH style indeed. :blush:

so that's why i am dying watching 3 noms really 3 superstar here.. no wonder 3 noms hit Box offices 3 K superstar.

i was Shock last year he won all best actor with different movie

jeon do yeon too, she's a pair of song kang Ho before won cannes she's sweep-award-actress too.

no wonder many young Star So proud Play with LBH~ jin goo so Happy talking about him, SKH, seol kyoung gyu ~ kang dong won want to play only as additional in SKG movie , Choi min sik

NomNomNom really hit the right note with the casting of 3 cool actors, who can deliver what is expected of them. Dir. KJW really knew his stuff.. he knew what and who will make GBW the blockbuster success it really is. rbhcool.gif

Ji Sung and Jin Goo were both really happy to get the chance working with LBH in All In. He's like their senior they looked up to, and learned a lot from him. JS especially improved tremendously after All In. I'm happy & hope to see more young talented actors working with BH one day.. like Kang Dong Wan, Ryu Seung Bum, Jae Hee, Won Bin.. if possible.. :rolleyes:

Ji Sung and Jin Goo were both really happy to get the chance working with LBH in All In. He's like their senior they looked up to, and learned a lot from him. JS especially improved tremendously after All In. I'm happy & hope to see more young talented actors working with BH one day.. like Kang Dong Wan, Ryu Seung Bum, Jae Hee, Won Bin.. if possible.. :rolleyes:

who is Jingoo in there? i just remember Ji Sung in All in.. dun know who is JinGoo :rolleyes:

who is Jingoo in there? i just remember Ji Sung in All in.. dun know who is JinGoo :rolleyes:

TY-hunnie.. you will definitely realize who he is.. the one playing the younger InHa-ssi.. :D

jg-lbh.jpg

13 January 2003 - SportsSeoul, Do I look like LBH?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...=833&st=360

bittersweet.jpg

Jin Goo was also in BSL with BH (see capture ^^)..

after leaving Fantom, now he's signed under BH Entertainment. :)

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

ITSUKA posted No.2 Oricon single CD WEEKLY chart as of Oct 27 :w00t::w00t::w00t:

( total sales of Oct 14~20 )

1.Tohoshinki - Jumon - MIROTIC ( 70655 )

2.Lee Byung Hun - Itsuka ( 37836 )

3.Yui Aragaki - Akai Ito ( 34236 )

4.Ryu Si Won - Kimi to Boku ( 25363 )

5.Ikimonogakari - Planeterium ( 20017 )

Itsuka is the only song that never dropped below No. 3 during the week. :w00t:

Our Hunnie said " This is not because I have done something, but I owe the success entirely to my fans don't I ? " :wub:

Byung-hun,

May I say Itsuka is the collaboration of you and us?

Speaking of fan treats from BH.. the more I watch the new MVs of Someday & Kiss of Ring (first thoughts).. I'm just so amazed at what & how our Byunghun really put his heart & effort into releasing those singles.. and in full Japanese. It tickles me how BH sings so warmly.. in a different language, as if it's his own. The two songs and MVs are totally different to one another.. making it indeed much more than a double surprise. :wub:

Think about it.. he goes all the way to give what his fans wanted.. that is to see him singing (knowing that he's not a singer).. not just that, he's really enjoying it so much, too. That is a priceless treat on its own. Akimoto-san really sees that true potential in BH and the man he is, striving on challenges.. our Byunghun-ssi presented more than expected.

rubie , I agree with you 100% !

ITSUKA posted No.2 Oricon single CD WEEKLY chart as of Oct 27 :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Itsuka is the only song that never dropped below No. 3 during the week. :w00t:

Our Hunnie said " This is not because I have done something, but I owe the success entirely to my fans don't I ? " :wub:

Byung-hun, May I say Itsuka is the collaboration of you and us?

That is so cool! Awesome news of our Hunnie! thumbup.gif A great update, Sung-ja!

Well done, Byunghun-ssi ^ everyone! :wub:

Fighting! fight.gif

About a week more till November.. remember how we were waiting and waiting before for July to come (for GBW's release) :P .. now it's almost end of the year already. How time flies so fast! What a year at the thread.. surprises after surprises indeed from our Hunnie.. with a couple of fabulous treats that we w did not expect AT ALL! :rolleyes:

Friends & fans in LA and Singapore are in for a GBW treat in November. :w00t: Please go out & enjoy the movie and tell us all about it, would love to hear your thoughts on everything. :blush: I think apart from the GBW in the Korean Movie Fest in Singapore.. the movie will also be released in mid-November. Hope our Singapore friends care share more updates on this. Merci!

zashi, have you got your Ituska set from CDJapan? Which version and how do you like it, tell us.. tell us.:lol: :blush: Everyone.. come share your thoughts about the songs.. about the music videos, about Byunghun.. everything about him..

TY-hunnie.. you will definitely realize who he is.. the one playing the younger InHa-ssi.. :D

13 January 2003 - SportsSeoul, Do I look like LBH?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...=833&st=360

Jin Goo was also in BSL with BH (see capture ^^)..

after leaving Fantom, now he's signed under BH Entertainment. :)

thanks Pandarube, i see i see .. he role the young Inha .. tsk tsk! dun know his name then.. :rolleyes:

he joined Hunnie agent too? hehehe, good choice! :D

There's the latest report at KBS World on DBSK's topping the Oricon chart..

but nothing mentioned about Itsuka..

not even a hint..

sigh..

anyway.. back to the Itsuka PV.. lost count of watching it non-stop :lol: .. just lovelovelove this one.. totally loving everything about it especially BH's happy-teasing expressions.. just makes my day.. like no other! :wub:

Let me know if anyone wants to watch this, too..

And ps: don't you just envy that microphone stand .. sooooo close.. LOL!

:mellow: Uhh.. :huh: .. anyone has Itsuka and Kiss of Ring (or is it Ring of Kiss?) romanized lyrics? :blush: Though we can easily sing along with BH.. after hearing the songs non-stop :P .. it'll be nice seeing the wordings and saying them correctly. :rolleyes:

And seeing the MVs again.. particularly.. the Ring of Kiss.. perhaps.. the "ring" was just an illusion instead (refering to the last scene). Perhaps.. it's simply a man remembering his ex-lover without any bad feelings or hurt.. anymore.

Letting go the shadows of the past (as the ring disappears) thus with only happy moments to keep..

---

Btw.. how's GBW at the London Film Festival? Anyone watching the movie.. Celina, Jenny.. H? Miss all of you at the thread! :(

October 15 - 30

'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' screening at The Times BFI 52nd London Film Festival

About a week more till November.. remember how we were waiting and waiting before for July to come (for GBW's release) :P .. now it's almost end of the year already. How time flies so fast! What a year at the thread.. surprises after surprises indeed from our Hunnie.. with a couple of fabulous treats that we w did not expect AT ALL! :rolleyes:

Friends & fans in LA and Singapore are in for a GBW treat in November. :w00t: Please go out & enjoy the movie and tell us all about it, would love to hear your thoughts on everything. :blush: I think apart from the GBW in the Korean Movie Fest in Singapore.. the movie will also be released in mid-November. Hope our Singapore friends care share more updates on this. Merci!

zashi, have you got your Ituska set from CDJapan? Which version and how do you like it, tell us.. tell us.:lol: :blush: Everyone.. come share your thoughts about the songs.. about the music videos, about Byunghun.. everything about him..

이병헌, 일본서 일주일에 싱글 3만7000여장 판매

From Japan in the week which rises about single 37,000 chapter sale

일간스포츠 기사전송 2008-10-23 10:00

pho_200711161007460201000002010400-001.jpg

[JES 김인구] 이병헌이 일본에서 배우 뿐 아니라 가수로서의 인기를 재확인하고 있다.

지난 15일 일본에서 '언젠가'라는 싱글 앨범을 발표한 이병헌은 오리콘 데일리와 위클리 차트에서 단숨에 2위에 올랐다.

발매 후 23일까지 1주일 남짓 판매된 싱글 앨범도 3만7000여장을 넘고 있다. 하루 평균 5000여장씩 팔린 셈이다. 1500엔(2만원)·3980엔·5980엔 등 3가지 패키지로, 1장 당 평균 4000엔씩만 쳐도 총 판매 금액이 1억4000만엔을 넘는다.

이같은 이병헌의 선전은 여느 한류 스타들의 행보와는 사뭇 다른 것이어서 주목된다. 동방신기는 아이들 그룹이고, 류시원이나 박용하는 일본에서 연기자 보다 가수로서 더 많은 활동을 하는 것에 비해 이병헌은 콘서트 활동 없이 괄목할 만한 성적을 거뒀다는 평이다.

이병헌의 노래가 인기를 끈 이유는 한류 스타라는 원천적인 프리미엄 외에, 그가 최근 출연한 도요타 자동차의 신형 SUV(스포츠형 다목적 차량) TV CF가 큰 역할을 한 것으로 보인다. 지난 9월부터 방영되고 있는 이 CF에는 이병헌이 상반신을 드러내고 등장한다.

목욕 후 다트를 던지며 날렵하게 몸을 날려 외출한다. 다트 던지는 모습은 마치 영화 '좋은놈 나쁜놈 이상한놈'의 창이를 연상케 한다. 이 때 배경음악으로 나오는 CM송이 '언젠가'이다. 원래는 발라드풍이지만 록 버전으로 편곡돼 어깨가 들썩여진다.

이병헌의 소속사는 "'언젠가'는 올 상반기 일본 팬미팅에 앞서 준비됐던 곡이다. 그런데 도요타 CF 모델을 하면서 이를 배경음악으로 쓰자는 제안을 받아 록 버전으로 바꿔 삽입하게 됐다"면서 "그래서 지금까지 특별한 활동을 하지 않았는데도 많은 팬들이 노래에 관심을 가져준 것 같다"고 설명했다.

이병헌은 블록버스터 드라마 '아이리스'를 준비하고 있고 내년엔 할리우드 영화 '지아이 조'(GI Joe) 개봉을 앞두고 있다.

김인구 기자 [clark@joongang.co.kr]

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_is/20081...%BB%E7%B8%B6%0B