Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

still i'm lucky to have listened to both versions of ITSUKA and RING OF KISS. all of a sudden this empty feeling filled me and i'm sitting here longing and missing BH.

he sings in japanese..the sweetest melody. read the translation of Ring of Kiss and it made me love the song even more.

the CDs...makes you want to fall in love and just be in love forever. Lee Byung Hun...as he acts, as he sings..its the emotions he makes us feel which leaves us begging for more. :wub::wub:

there is that certain sadness that i feel... there's a tug in my heart...an undefinable ache...for the man whose voice echoes in my mind long after the music stopped.

With Byunghun.. the music never stops.. he goes on and on, giving us the most beautiful ballads. :wub:

Just dropping by, since Ching is away (before I dive into my madness again)

Thanks to ping@bhjwlove

No wonder we didn't see Ching for quite awhile :(

What kind of madness are you diving into :mellow: .. our panda-visitor? :sweatingbullets:

ps: the pics are awesome.. always great captures every time, lots of Itsuka goodies to see! :wub: Thankyou for sharing with us.

Thanks for "ETERNAL LOVE MV"

I love this MV.

Glad to know that you love the MV, kikkii.. I didn't know that you have not seen it. I especially love "Eternal Love" music video a lot.. BH looks so innocent and sweet.. but so sad towards the end.

If you click on EverythingLBH at the Youtube page.. you can watch other MVs as well.. particularly 'To Heaven' (LBH & Kim Ha Neul) and a few other movie/drama music clips, too. :blush: The clips were uploaded for the soompi LBH-fan club.. I didn't realize that I never post the links here :sweatingbullets: .. can't remember if I did. *blurrblurr*

What are your thoughts, MRS.le? :blush:

*wave* to Rubie

:sweatingbullets: Well, the songs are very Japanese... and Hunnie is definitely a very decent if not to say a good singer!!!

But... I just cannot 'connect' with the songs... not like the way I did with the theme song in All-In or BSL...or Beautiful Days...etc.... I'd like to see him singing the theme song for IRIS though... that would be awesome and at least I can put the voice and song to a 'story' and have a connection! ;)

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Everyone,

The BIG news has just arrived! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

ITSUKA made the top of the daily CD sales beating the big rival Tohoshinki (DBSK) for the first time since its release!

as of Oct 16

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/

The news was reported to BH immediately and he said,

" To be number one is not so important for me but I am so glad and I feel so happy that I could achieve something together with my fans. " :wub::wub::wub:

Yes! He made it! and We did it! WOW! I am so happy. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Itsuka was No. 2 on Oct 14 and 15; the ranking was introduced in Japanese TV program " Music Station "yesterday.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...%CC%BA%B4%C7%E5

Everyone,

ITSUKA made the top of the daily CD sales beating the big rival Tohoshinki (DBSK) for the first time since its release!

as of Oct 16

" To be number one is not so important for me but I am so glad and I feel so happy that I could achieve something together with my fans. " :wub::wub::wub:

Itsuka was No. 2 on Oct 14 and 15; the ranking was introduced in Japanese TV program " Music Station "yesterday.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...%CC%BA%B4%C7%E5

Thanks Sung-ja e Seiko for the good news!!

Yeah..yeah....i am so happy for hunnie^^

Everyone,

as of Oct 16

WOW!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

That is indeed the best news and I especially love BH's response! It's definitely something that he & fans can work together to make it #1!!! :wub:

CONGRATULATIONS, Byunghun-ssi! Well done! :wub:

And to be featured in the much-talked-about "Music Station"... I SURE HOPE to see the clip! :w00t: Thanks Sung-ja for such a sweet Saturday treat!

Fabulous news indeed! :wub:

*wave* to Rubie

:sweatingbullets: Well, the songs are very Japanese... and Hunnie is definitely a very decent if not to say a good singer!!!

But... I just cannot 'connect' with the songs... not like the way I did with the theme song in All-In or BSL...or Beautiful Days...etc.... I'd like to see him singing the theme song for IRIS though... that would be awesome and at least I can put the voice and song to a 'story' and have a connection! ;)

I know what you mean.. the songs sounded very Jpop, ya.. considering that they're produced for the Japanese music market first & foremost. When I heard Itsuka (the rock version), it sounded exactly like the Japanese pop songs I had immersed myself in a few years back except this time the "voice" singing it is just so distinctively special to my ears. :blush:

Maybe.. if there is a music video made for each of the songs, a story set for the lyrics (the wordings are especially romantic).. we would feel more connected to it. Something that's similar to "Tears" that I just love. Not only it was included in Happy Together but more so because it tells the background story of BH.. well, sort of.. his feelings, etc. As for All In.. I would love to hear BH sing the title song (his voice would be perfect for it, imo) although PYH sings it so well but.. it probably wouldn't happen..as BH sang Promise instead as BD is hugely popular with the Japanese fans.

Guest kimchibabe

such a humble response for the success of ITSUKA!!!

there has to be a follow-up song to this....an encore!!! :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

BRAVO BYUNGHUN-SSI!!! :wub::wub:

Questions

Who is this luckyluckylucky girl.. she looks somewhat familiar (tv host? which show?) who's obviously a big fan of BH :blush: .. she was so sad missing the chance to see BH at the PIFF red carpet as BH decided not to attend. Then.. her wish came true.. not only she had a one-on-one interview with him, she has 3 specially-personalized BH photos all for herself. :P This is so cute because she is clearly a very smitten fan. :lol: I seriously thought she was going to hug BH straightaway when she finally met him.. definitely can't blame her. :P Such a gentleman and so accomodating especially when he poses for her. :wub:

Wonder what the q&a were all about.. related to 'Itsuka'?

Thanks to the highlight by PlanetBH0712 :wub:

Oct 17, 2008 - latest clip shared by love77735

piff2008.jpg

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nnedvyw2AA

ps: looks like on the 3rd or 4th of October.. maybe.. BH still wearing black in Pusan as a sign of respect for CJS. It's also really good to see that Mr. Song WM was there as well, with BH at the recent 13th PIFF.

Highlighted at PlanetBH0712, anyone with any idea or (translated) update for this?

[부산영화제 3만 명에게 물었다] 최고의 배우·감독 ‘찜’

일요신문 | 기사입력 2008.10.17 16:30

지난 2일 열린 제13회 부산 국제영화제는 고 최진실의 죽음으로 인해 전체적으로 예년보다 자중하는 분위기였다. 그럼에도 불구하고 부산 시민들을 비롯해 국내외에서 영화제를 찾아온 이들로 인해 해운대는 인산인해를 이뤘다.

20081017163020.866.2.jpg

↑ - 이 감독 영화면 무조건 본다

박찬욱(사진 왼쪽) 22.06% 장진 18.28 류승완 15.1 봉준호 12.54 김기덕 10.12 기타 21.95

- 요즘 뜨는 남자 유망주는

하정우(가운데) 1590표 이천희 555 장근석 500 강지환 485 진구 310

<총 5420표>

- 요즘 뜨는 여자 유망주는

이연희 745표 차예련 630 조안 300 남규리 205 고은아 100

<총 1980표>

20081017163020.866.1.jpg

↑ 부산에서 만난 시민들이 <일요신문> 설문조사에 응하고 있다.

20081017163020.866.0.jpg

이번 부산영화제 기간에 맞춰 < 일요신문 > 은 한국 영화와 배우에 관한 시민들의 반응을 직접 조사하기 위해 길거리 스티커 설문조사를 실시했다. '국내 최고의 남녀 영화배우'와 '최고의 감독' 그리고 '한국 영화를 빛낼 유망주'를 묻는 이번 설문조사에 부산을 찾은 수많은 영화팬들은 기꺼이 스티커를 들고 설문에 응했다. 지난 4일부터 6일까지 부산영화제로 화끈하게 달아오른 부산 해운대 일대에서 연인원 3만 여명이 참여한 가운데 실시된 길거리 설문 조사 결과를 공개한다.

영화 한 편을 성공시키는 데는 탄탄한 시나리오와 걸출한 연출력이 필수 요소지만 표면적으로 가장 눈길을 끄는 요소는 단연 출연 배우, 다시 말해 스타다. 그래서 < 일요신문 > 은 '최고의 영화배우는 누구'라는 질문을 영화제를 찾은 관객들에게 물었다. 한국 영화계를 대표하는 남녀 배우 10명씩을 후보로 해 실시한 설문조사에 총 9375명이 참여했는데 이 가운데 총 970명의 지지를 받은 이병헌이 남녀 통합 1위에 올랐다.

이병헌은 멜로 영화에 가장 잘 어울리는 남자배우 중 하나였지만 영화 < 달콤한 인생 > 에 이어 < 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈(놈놈놈) > 에서 악역을 맡으며 새로운 카리스마를 발산했다. < 놈놈놈 > 을 본 많은 관객들은 "이병헌이 연기를 그렇게 잘하는 배우인지 몰랐다" "할리우드에 진출해 벌써 몇 편의 영화를 찍었으니 검증된 배우"라는 등의 표현으로 그의 연기력을 극찬했다.

이병헌의 1위 등극에는 일본 아줌마 팬들의 열렬한 지지도 큰 힘이 됐다. 길을 지나던 많은 일본인 여성들은 기자가 권유하기도 전에 먼저 스티커를 달라며 손을 내밀었다.

특이한 점은 이병헌과 함께 일본에서 인기가 높았던 권상우가 5위권 안에도 들지 못했다는 것. 한 일본인은 그 이유를 "겟콘(결혼)"이라 말했고 국내 시민들도 "결혼 후 매력이 떨어졌다"고 말하는 이들이 많았다.

2위는 송강호(810표)가 차지했다. 송강호는 그동안 꾸준하면서도 폭넓은 연기 스펙트럼으로 관객들의 인기를 얻어 왔으며, 이번 < 놈놈놈 > 으로 그 입지를 더욱 단단히 굳힌 것이 2위 선정의 이유가 됐다.

그 뒤는 690표를 얻은 장동건이 이었다. 최근 할리우드에 진출한 덕에 국내 활동은 뜸했지만 많은 팬들이 < 태극기 휘날리며 > 에서 각인된 '배우' 장동건을 기억하고 있었다. 한 시민은 "얼굴도 완벽한 데다 연기까지 잘해 더더욱 존경스럽다. 자신의 한계를 뛰어넘은 것 같다"며 열렬한 지지를 보냈다.

4위는 올해 영화 < 강철중 > 을 통해 다시금 '강철중'으로 돌아온 설경구(630표)가 차지했다. 늘 변함없는 연기력과 카리스마로 관객의 마음을 충족시켜준다는 것이 가장 큰 이유.

5위는 지난해부터 브라운관에서도 활약하고 있는 배우 이범수(535표)로, 특히 20~30대보다 10대 학생들에게 높은 인기를 차지한 게 눈길을 끌었다. 드라마 < 외과의사 봉달희 > 와 < 온에어 > 의 연이은 성공과 이번 여름 유일한 공포영화로 큰 성공을 거둔 영화 < 고사 > 의 영향으로 보인다.

그렇다면 국내 최고의 여자배우는 누구일까. 단연 지난해 영화 < 밀양 > 으로 칸 영화제 여우주연상을 수상한 '칸의 여왕' 전도연(765표)이 영예의 자리에 올랐다.

전도연을 선택한 많은 시민들은 "두말할 필요가 없는 배우"라며 전도연을 지지했으며, 몇몇 외국인들 역시 칸 영화제 수상 배우라는 이유로 전도연을 선택했다.

김혜수는 740표로 2위에 올랐다. 아역배우로 시작해 영화 < 타짜 > 로 제2의 전성기를 맞은 김혜수는 이후 영화 < 좋지 아니한가 > < 열한 번째 엄마 > 등에서 푼수 이모와 진한 모성애를 간직한 여성 등을 연기했으며 최근 < 모던보이 > 에선 신비로운 섹시녀로 돌아왔다. 한 시민은 "행사 때마다 노출이 심한 옷을 입고 나와 싫었는데 영화에선 누구보다 흡인력 있는 연기와 다양한 연기 스펙트럼을 보여준다"고 극찬했다.

3위는 565표를 얻은 이나영. CF스타로 군림하다 영화 < 우리들의 행복한 시간 > 으로 절절한 멜로 연기의 진수를 보여줬던 이나영은 최근 김기덕 감독의 < 비몽 > 에서 일본 배우 오다기리 조와 열연했다. 오다기리 조와의 호흡에 큰 기대감을 보인 영화팬들이 많았고 그들의 지지로 3위에 오를 수 있었다.

4위는 "예쁜 외모는 따라올 사람이 없으며 영화 < 싸움 > 에서 발전한 모습을 보여줬다"는 이유로 김태희(425표)가 선정됐으며, 5위는 385표로 손예진이 꼽혔다.

일반인들이 볼 때 영화의 주축은 마치 배우들인 양 보이지만 배우들은 하나같이 영화를 '감독의 예술'이라 부른다. 그만큼 감독의 영향력이 중요하다는 대목인데 차츰 감독을 보고 영화를 선택하는 영화팬들도 늘어가고 있을 정도다.

그래서 < 일요신문 > 은 "이 감독 영화면 무조건 본다"는 제목으로 '국내 최고의 감독'을 영화팬들에게 물었다. 이 문항에선 영화 < 올드보이 > < 친절한 금자씨 > 등을 통해 세계적인 감독의 반열에 오른 박찬욱 감독이 1위로 선정됐다. 총 3310명의 답변자 중 730명의 지지를 얻은 박찬욱 감독에게 지지자들은 "연출력이 기발하다" "가끔 섬뜩하지만 '역시'라는 감탄사가 터져 나온다" 등의 이유를 댔다.

2위는 시나리오 작가와 영화감독을 오가는 장진 감독이 605표를 얻어 선정됐다. < 킬러들의 수다 > < 아는 여자 > < 바르게 살자 > 등 기발한 소재와 반전으로 마니아 관객의 절대적 지지를 받고 있는 장진 감독은 최근 < 공공의 적 > 3편 격인 < 공공의 적 1-1 강철중 > 의 시나리오를 담당, 그 특유의 개그를 담아내 다시 한번 자신의 색깔이 담긴 영화를 만들어냈다는 평을 듣고 있다.

3위는 배우 류승범의 형이자 국내 액션영화의 선두주자로 활약하고 있는 류승완 감독(500표)이 선정됐으며, 4위는 < 괴물 > 의 봉준호(415표)감독이 뽑혔다. 많은 해외 방문객들은 영화 이름을 대며 기자에게 감독의 이름을 물었는데 그중 봉준호 감독의 < 괴물 > (영제:The Host)이 가장 많았다. 그만큼 해외 영화 관계자들에게 많은 관심을 받고 있다는 얘기. 5위는 335표로 김기덕 감독이 뽑혀 국내 관객들이 주류 상업영화만을 선호하는 것은 아님을 증명해보였다.

마지막으로 < 일요신문 > 은 앞으로의 영화계를 이끌어갈 '가장 유망한 신예배우'를 물었다. 남녀 배우 각각 5명 중 하정우가 압도적인 표 차이로 1위를 차지했다. 총 5420명 중 1590명이 뽑은 하정우는 "눈빛만으로 연기를 한다" "유망주가 아니라 이미 충무로를 짊어지고 있다" 등의 평가를 받았다. 설문조사를 하다 기자에게 "하정우가 왜 신예배우냐"라고 반문하는 시민들도 다수 있었다.

2위는 SBS 예능프로그램 < 패밀리가 떴다 > 에서 '천데렐라'로 불리며 인기를 얻고 있는 이천희(555표)가 선정됐으며, 그 뒤는 현재 MBC드라마 < 베토벤 바이러스 > 에 출연 중인 장근석(500표)이 꼽혔다.

여자 배우 유망주로는 영화 < m > < 백만장자의 첫사랑 > 등에서 현빈, 강동원 등 미남배우와 호흡을 맞췄던 이연희가 745표를 얻어 1위에 올랐다. 현재 드라마 < 에덴의 동쪽 > 에 출연하고 있는 이연희에 대해 한 시민은 "드라마에서는 제 실력을 발휘하지 못하고 있지만 영화에서는 순수하고 맑은 이미지로 가능성을 보여줬다"며 "드라마보다는 영화에서 더 잘하는 것 같다"고 말했다.

이와는 반대로 드라마 덕에 효과를 톡톡히 본 스타도 있다. 630표를 얻어 2위에 오른 차예련이 바로 그 주인공. 얼마 전 종영한 드라마 < 워킹맘 > 덕분에 30~40대 여성들의 열렬한 지지를 받았으며 "독특한 마스크가 매력적이다" "드라마에서 연기를 잘했다"는 등의 의견이 많았다.

3위는 조안(300표)이 차지했다. 드라마 < 토지 > 에서 인상 깊은 연기로 주목받았던 조안은 이후 영화에서 활약하며 차세대 유망주가 됐다. 한 시민은 "최민수, 이성재와 출연했던 < 홀리데이 > 에서 선배배우들에게 전혀 밀리지 않는 연기력을 보여줘 감탄했다"며 조안을 꼽았다.

부산=신민섭 기자 leady@ilyo.co.kr

문다영 객원기자 dymoon@ilyo.co.kr

Copyrights ⓒ 일요신문( www.ilyo.co.kr ), 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지

Source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/movie/view...1502&p=ilyo

Great work drama, the entertainment world depression becomes the law to escape

대작 드라마, 연예계 불황 탈출 해법되나

기사입력 2008-10-19 08:00

AKR20081017165500005_00_i.jpg

'에덴의 동쪽', '아이리스', '카인과 아벨' 등 잇따라 제작

(서울=연합뉴스) 윤고은 기자 = 연예계가 전반적으로 불황이라고 아우성을 치고 있는 가운데, 한쪽에서는 대작 드라마들이 잇따라 출사표를 던지고 있어 대비를 이룬다.

지난해 '태왕사신기'와 '로비스트'에 이어 올해에는 '에덴의 동쪽'을 시작으로 '아이리스'와 '카인과 아벨' 등이 잇따라 제작을 발표했다.

이들 드라마는 이구동성 "대작으로 불황을 탈출한다"고 말한다. 배용준, 이병헌, 송승헌, 소지섭, 송일국 등 한류 스타를 내세워 완성도 높은 '킬러 콘텐츠'를 제작하는 것이라는 설명.

그러나 영화계가 '실미도'와 '태극기 휘날리며'로 제작비 100억 원 시대를 연 이후 얼마 안 가 침체에 빠진 전례를 들어 지금의 대작 드라마 제작 붐을 경계하는 목소리도 있다. 이들은 "'킬러 콘텐츠'와 대작을 동일시하는 것은 착각"이라고 지적한다.

◇일본 시장에 기대건다

AKR20081017165500005_01_i.jpg

현재 제작되는 대작 드라마는 모두 한류 스타를 주인공으로 내세워 해외를 공략한다는 포부를 내세웠다. 하지만 해외 시장이라는 것은 결국 일본을 겨냥한다는 의미로, 일본으로부터의 투자 유치나 수출이 제작의 성패를 사실상 결정짓는다.

'태왕사신기'는 450억 원, '로비스트'는 120억 원, '에덴의 동쪽'은 250억 원, '아이리스'는 200억 원, '카인과 아벨'은 80억 원의 제작비를 각각 내세운다. 회당 제작비가 적게는 4억 원에서 많게는 18억 원까지 투입되는 프로젝트다. 국내 미니시리즈 드라마의 회당 평균 제작비는 1억5천만 원에서 2억 원 사이다.

이 돈은 다 어디서 조달할 수 있을까.

송승헌 주연의 '에덴의 동쪽'은 방송 및 OST 판권을 일본에 60억 원에 판매했다고 밝혔다. 또 송승헌의 초상권 등과 관련된 수익도 제작사에 일정 부분 돌아가게 장치를 해놓았다는 설명.

이병헌을 캐스팅해 내년 1월 초 촬영을 시작하는 '아이리스'의 태원엔터테인먼트는 "방송사에서 받는 제작비를 제외하고, 80억 원 가량은 일본에서 조달할 것으로 보이고 또 80억 원 가량도 국내 지자체 등의 협찬을 통해 해결할 것으로 본다"고 밝혔다.

그러나 욘사마를 내세운 '태왕사신기'가 일본 시장에서 기대만큼의 성적을 내지 못했고, '로비스트'는 국내에서도 흥행에 실패했던 점을 볼 때 과연 앞으로도 일본 투자를 낙관할 수 있을지 의문이다.

◇스케일을 위한 스케일은 안된다

AKR20081017165500005_02_i.jpg

김영섭 SBS 드라마기획팀장은 "최근에 선보이는 대작들은 스케일을 위한 스케일을 내세우는 경향이 크다"고 지적했다.

김 팀장은 "내실은 없고 오로지 보여지기 위한 스케일만 추구하다보면 돈만 잔뜩 쓰고 결과는 안 좋을 위험성이 크다"면서 "한류를 겨냥한다면서 비싼 배우를 기용해 그들을 폼나게 해주려 규모를 키우다보면 그 규모에 치우쳐 정작 인간은 제대로 다루지 못하는 경우가 생긴다"고 경고했다.

실제로 이야기보다는 배우에 의존해 대작을 끌고 가려다 실패한 대표적인 케이스가 바로 '로비스트'다. 또 '태왕사신기'도 배용준이 없었다면 일본에서 그만큼의 성적이라도 내기 힘들었을 것이라는 분석이 지배적이다. 국내 시청자들도 잘 이해하지 못하는 내용을 일본 시청자들이 따라가기는 힘들었다는 지적이다.

김 팀장은 또 드라마를 영화처럼 만들려고 하는 시도도 경계해야한다고 지적한다.

그는 "영화와 드라마의 제작 시스템은 분명히 다른데 요즘에는 자꾸 영화 같은 스케일을 추구한다. 하지만 그렇다고 드라마의 질이 특별히 좋아지지도 않는다"면서 "대작이 성공한다는 보장도 없는데 대작을 외치며 제작비만 상승시키는 결과를 초래할까 우려스럽다"고 말했다.

◇현실과 접점 찾는 소재가 관건

최근 AGB닐슨미디어코리아가 발표한 태국의 9월 한달 드라마 시청률 순위를 살펴보면 10위 안에 한국 드라마가 6편이나 랭크됐다. '포도밭 그 사나이'가 1위를 차지했고 '왕과 나', '연애시대', '내 이름은 김삼순', '굿바이 솔로', '굳세어라 금순아'가 이름을 올렸다.

AKR20081017165500005_03_i.jpg

'왕과 나'를 제외하고는 모두 국경을 초월해 보편적으로 이해할 수 있는 수준의 내용이다.

방송가에서는 "대작이 성공을 보장하는 것이 아니라 현실과 접점을 찾는 소재 개발이 드라마 성공의 키포인트"라고 말한다.

실제로 일본을 강타한 것이 '태왕사신기'가 아니라 '겨울연가'였듯, 그동안 한류를 키워온 것은 대작이 아니라 쉽게 이해할 수 있는 멜로 드라마류가 더 많았다.

'아이리스'는 국가정보기관 특수요원을 주인공을 내세운 첩보 액션 드라마이고, '에덴의 동쪽'과 '카인과 아벨'은 형제의 운명적인 갈등을 그린다.

'아이리스' 측은 "사전 작업을 철저히 해 배우보다 스토리로 승부하는 드라마를 만들겠다"고 밝혔다.

pretty@yna.co.kr

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=L...;aid=0002321927

Copied from GBW thread, thanks to valley girl

Korean Film Industry Honored By HIFF

updated 5:16 p.m. ET Oct. 18, 2008

HONOLULU - The Korean film industry can add another accolade to its list of awards. The Hawaii International Film Festival honored the star and director of its closing night film.

"The Good, the Bad and the Weird," in true Sergio Leone fashion, is a western.

"They call it the Kim Chee Western, about Koreans in the 1930s that fled Korea because of the Japanese occupation. (It's) filmed in Manchuria and it's about a treasure map," actor Jung Woo-Sung said.

Story continues below ↓advertisement

Woo-Sung arrived in Honolulu Friday to pick up a HIFF trophy for Achievement in Acting. Director Kim Ji-woon was awarded HIFF's Maverick Award.

"Actually it's my first time to Hawaii. I'm very excited," Woo-Sung said.

He is the first for HIFF, for Korea and he follows Ken Watanabe, Samuel L. Jackson and Maggie Cheung. This is his first award from overseas.

The HIFF awards will be presented Saturday at the Halekulani. Jung Woo-Sung and Kim Ji-woon will be at screening of "The Good, the Bad and the Weird" at Dole Theatres on Saturday.

cred http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27253725/

about the 3 nom http://hawaii.bside.com/2008/films/goodthe...dthe_hawaii2008

Award Winning Films Announced!

The 28th Annual Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival award winning films were announced this afternoon at the Awards Ceremony, held at the Sheraton Waikiki. The Audience Awards are still to be determined. These will be announced at the closing night film (The Good, The Bad, The Weird). at 19 october

Halekulani Golden Orchid Award for Best Documentary

Noho Hewa: The Wrongful Occupation of Hawai'i

Halekulani Golden Orchid Award for Best Narrative Cape No. 7 Honolulu Magazine Award for Best Short Film

Coffee and Allah

Honorable Mention: Texas Girl

NETPAC Award Brutus: The Adventure

Honorable Mention: The Little Heart

Viewers Choice Award Powered by

Oceanic Time Warner Cable

The Hollow Film in Hawai'i Award

Joan Lander and Puhipau

(Na Maka o ka 'Aina)

Achievement in Acting Woo-sung JUNG

Maverick Award Ji-Woon KIM

cred http://www.hiff.org/

I haven't got the Itsuka CD yet.. my first attempt to buy online failed but I will.. one way or the other, try again till I get my own copy to cherish. Despite lots of limitation (for me).. there is always a way if we really wanted something and that we never give up. :blush:

In the meantime.. I have 2 awesome clips courtesy the sweetest angel, the Itsuka & Ring of Kiss MVs and making of both clips. These are specially large high quality clips which I believe are the ones included in the CD. It's not like the 45-sec clips but so much more than that. My first time seeing the BTS and I'm just blown away.. and appreciate BH's effort in getting the singles out.. even more. It's not just a breeze for him (like a natural!) but really something that he put all his heart in giving the best possible performance. Our BH is not just a talented actor but also a profesional singer. *hands-down*

Everyone, MRS.le (we will understand the story and song a lot better).. as there is indeed a music video for Ring of Kiss especially, a simple straightforward lovestory but so sweet & meaningful. This is also a treat as we would see BH (his clean-cut self) in the present modern setting.. going about and buying a ring for his girlfriend while reminiscing about her. BH doesn't appear in many music videos like others.. so, this is an absolute special treat as it's for his own song. I'm sure I knew the short-haired Japanese actress playing the girlfriend but for now.. her name just escaped me. :sweatingbullets: :blush: Anyone with any idea? The music video though.. was actually filmed in Korea.

There'll probably be someone uploading these clips on YouTube later.. or maybe not.. but anyone wants to watch these clips before getting the CD (it's a must-have!) can PM me for the links. I won't post them openly at the thread for © reason we're all aware of but I know Byunghun-fans really do not want to miss this.

ps: I think the lighthearted fountain scene actually gave the most impression for the storyline.. and ohh.. Itsuka's PV.. oh my.. you will surely smile or laugh through-out the song because BH is just the sweetest, the best smile ever.. :wub: :wub: :wub: .. he's sooooooo enjoying himself and so clear to see. And that last bit of lighting the cigarette after it's all done.. incredibly sexy man.. *melts!*

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Questions

Who is this luckyluckylucky girl.. she looks somewhat familiar (tv host? which show?) who's obviously a big fan of BH :blush: .. she was so sad missing the chance to see BH at the PIFF red carpet as BH decided not to attend. Then.. her wish came true.. not only she had a one-on-one interview with him, she has 3 specially-personalized BH photos all for herself. :P This is so cute because she is clearly a very smitten fan. :lol: I seriously thought she was going to hug BH straightaway when she finally met him.. definitely can't blame her. :P Such a gentleman and so accomodating especially when he poses for her. :wub:

Wonder what the q&a were all about.. related to 'Itsuka'?

Thanks to the highlight by PlanetBH0712 :wub:

Oct 17, 2008 - latest clip shared by love77735

piff2008.jpg

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nnedvyw2AA

ps: looks like on the 3rd or 4th of October.. maybe.. BH still wearing black in Pusan as a sign of respect for CJS. It's also really good to see that Mr. Song WM was there as well, with BH at the recent 13th PIFF.

Her name is Rei Otsuka. She is just a reporter sent by the program and not so famous yet. I never knew her before.

I don’t think she is BH’s fan. Because at the red carpet, she asked Korean girls who’s fan they were, they answered “Jang Doung Gun!” then she said “Me too! “. :wacko: Then she suddenly said “ Lee Byung Hun! “ as if she remembered why she was sent there. :sweatingbullets: When JDG appeared at the red carpet she was also screaming “ JDG.” :o

At first I even thought this report was to promote JDG. :sweatingbullets: Very rude.

But BH seemed very happy to be interviewed by this pretty young girl anyway. Of course. :blush:

She introduced herself in Korean. “ Chonun Otsuka Rei immida.”

BH: “ Otsuka-rei? Otsukare-sama desita? “

He was joking. :lol: Otsukare-sama means “ Thank you “ in Japanese ,more like greetings you use when you

fnish your work to others.

BH is familiar to this word because he uses it whenever he finishes his work with Japanese staff.

Rei: “ Wasn’t it very difficult to sing a song in Japanese for you? “

BH: “ Yes. I was also surprised when I first heard that I would sing a song in Japanese. “ “ I had hard time because there were some difficult pronunciations in Japanese.” “ Zuibun. “ “ Tsukarete, Tsuka…”

Rei: “ But your Japanese is so good. “

BH: Killer Smile! :):wub:

Rei: “ Do you have any favorite songs by Japanese artists? “

BH: “ Southern All Stars, Anzen-chitai and Tube, I used to listen to those music, my Japanese fans give me CDs of the latest artists as the gifts so I listen to them. “

“ I am not really good at singing Japanese songs, but I hope everyone enjoys a lot listening to my song. "

Shy Smile! :blush: :wub::wub::wub:

“ Thank you very much. “

The photos will be presented to three lucky viewers.

^ OHHHH! :o I'm speechless & embarrassed for thinking otherwise but thanks so much Sung-ja for setting the story straight. I truly appreciate that and would like to clarify what I've written before.. rubie is prone to be very excited seeing others who get to see BH upclose. :blush: At first, I really thought she was most happy to be meeting BH.. I'm glad that I'm seeing the better picture now. I wonder if she even knew why BH did not attend the red carpet.

Anyway.. the girl is not important.. it's her job to do whether with genuine intention or not.. I am especially happy to see BH was so accomodating and very cool & professionally courteous in the interview. Feels better too.. knowing that the pics are not for the interviewer herself but will be given to fans instead.

Thanks so much, Sung-ja.. the translation are fabulous! :wub: I love reading how BH actually listens to CDs given to him by fans. That is so sweet of him. :blush: