Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Nothing fancy or PSed.. just simply resized GBW banners.. :blush: .. plus some previous ones..

bannergbw02.jpggbw1.gif

bannergbw01.gif

gbwbanner1.jpg

bl5.gif

gbwicon1.jpg

gbwicon2.jpggbwicon3.jpg

June 25, 2008

[Talk of the town] ‘Kung Fu Panda’ kicks his way into the spotlight

Po (Jack Black), the obese and lazy panda in Mark Osborne and John Stevenson’s animated film, “Kung Fu Panda,” is now a star.

According to the Korean Film Council, the film attracted some 3.31 million Korean viewers as of last weekend, since its release on June 5.

Past animated films that attracted as many viewers were “Shrek 2” (2006), with some 3.3 million, and “Howl’s Moving Castle” (2004), with 3 million.

While Kung Fu Panda ranked second at the box office last week, Kang Woo-seok’s action-thriller “Public Enemy Returns,” released last Thursday, ranked first. It attracted 1.3 million viewers in three days, according to the council.

Meanwhile, for those moviegoers hoping to see more Korean films on the big screen among Hollywood blockbusters like “Incredible Hulk” and “Sex and the City,” wait till next month.

These films are on standby - director Kim Jee-woon’s “The Good, the Bad and the Weird,” Lee Joon-ik’s “You Are Far Away” and Gwak Kyung-taek’s “Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth.”

By Lee Eun-joo

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2891504

블록버스터 드라마, 女 주인공은 안되나요?

Our thanks to Janice at IRIS thread for the title gist

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&start=280

I think the title spells sth like "How come there is no strong female character or heroine in these large-scale television dramas" :o

This article is featured in one of the Korean Ladies magazine analysing the prominent role of the male actors versus the female actresses in the dramas. The rest indeed will have to rely on the many in-house translators here to provide the gist :)

2008-06-25 06:44:25

200806250106471116_1.jpg

임이랑 기자 queen@mydaily.co.kr

Source: mydaily.co.kr

Someone with better gist, please share :sweatingbullets:

--- please correct me if I'm wrong

'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' which opens on July 17th will be 139 minutes long (2 hrs 19mins) and given a 15+ audience rating.

'놈놈놈', 상영시간 139분 15세 등급 확정

정명화기자 some@joynews24.com

올 하반기 한국영화 기대작 '좋은놈,나쁜놈,이상한놈'(이하 '놈놈놈')이 최종 상영시간과 등급을 확정했다.

영상물등급위원회 심의자료에 따르면 '놈놈놈'은 139분의 러닝타임에 15세 관람등급을 확정지었다.

지난 칸국제영화제에서 상영돼 호평을 받은 '놈놈놈'은 국내 상영버전을 영화제 상영분과는 달리 편집해 선보일 계획이라고 밝혀 관심을 모아왔다.

영화제에서 2시간의 러닝타임으로 상영된 바 있는 '놈놈놈'은 139분 분량으로 국내 개봉할 예정이다.

1214350847399_1.jpg

15세 관람 등급을 확정짓고 여름 극장가 흥행 출사표를 던진 '놈놈놈'은 김지운 감독이 연출한 한국형 웨스턴으로 기대를 모으고 있다.

송강호, 이병헌, 정우성이 주연으로 출연했으며 200억원대 제작비가 투입된 대작으로 오는 7월 17일 개봉한다.

Source: http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=338377

:excl: There are some cool GBW icons by chula posted at the GBW thread. I hope chula would post & share them here, too. >.< I've been posting too much on my own. Sigh.

Here's the link to the GBW page with the cool icons by chula

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&start=460

GBW ICONS BY CHULA, full credits to chula@soompi.com

gbwanimated_ficklelicity.gifgbw4_ficklelicity.pnggbw2_ficklelicity.pnggbw1_ficklelicity.pnggbw03_ficklelicity.png

^ REALLY COOL, HUH! :blush:

Cool GBW streaming videos on naver.com, highlighted by 나도 투명 at PlanetBH0712 ♥

Watch the first clip (interview with Dir. KJW).. some interesting BTS, animal stunts, off-camera events & stuff.. but beware of a possible 'BAD' spoiler at the end of the clip..

---> http://movie.naver.com/movie/mpp/mp_previe...=1&mid=8967

ps: can anyone get the links for these clips? :sweatingbullets:

June 25, 2008

K-POP Hits to be Featured in Korean Language Textbook in Japan

080625_ent_1.jpg

Japanese entertainment company Avex said it will release a series of educational DVDs entitled "Learning Korean through Songs" featuring 25 music videos of hit K-pop songs.

The songs include TVXQ's 2004 hit "Hug," Ahn Jae-wook's "Friend," Lee Byung-hun's "Tears" , BoA's "No.1" and SG WannaBe's "In Life."

In August, another DVD will be released featuring more hit songs including Shinhwa's "Deep Sorrow," Lee Dong-gun's "Hoping that My Wind Touches That Sky," Fly to the Sky's "Missing You," Brown Eyes' "Already a Year" and SG WannaBe's "Crime and Punishment."

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...1144_11858.html

Direct-click to download TEARS courtesy leebyunghun.com HERE

TEARS Romanization by WeiLin

아냐 난 괜찮아

A nya nan kwaen-chan-a

난 정말 좋아 그저 널위해서라면

nan jeong-mal joh-a keu-jeo neol-ui hae seo ra myeon

나 하나 쯤은 세상에서

na ha na sseum-eun se sang-e seo

내가 사랑했던 단 한사람

nae-ga sa rang haet deon dan han sa ram

그래 그것으로 난 충분했던거야

keu rae keu keot-seu ro nan chung bun haet deon keo-ya

너 뒤에서만 바라보다

na dui-e seo man ba ra bo da

애태웠던 눈물

ae thae wot deon nun mul

안타까움에 안으로만 삼켰던

an tha kka-um-e an-eu ro man sang thyeot deon

한마디 사랑해 널 사랑해

han ma di sa rang hae neol sa rang hae

약속해 내 눈물 헛되지 않도록

yak sok hae nae mul heot dwe ji an do rok

우린나를 대신해 너만은 행복해야해

U rin na reul dae sin hae neo man-eun haeng bok hae ya hae

세상 끝에서 해매지 않도록

Se sang kkeut-e seo hae mae ji an do rok

나는 나를 언제나 너와 함께있을테니

na neun na reul-eon je na neo-wa ham kke it-seul the ni

2. 알고있을까 나보다 더

al ko it-seul kka na bo da deo

널 사랑했기에 그래 말없

neol sa rang haet ki-e keu rae mal-eop

멀어져야 했었던 남자가 니곁에 있었음을

meol-eo jyeo-ya haet-seot deon nam ja ka ni kyeot-e it-seo eum-eul

약속해 내 눈물 헛되지 않도록

Ya sok hae nae nun mul heot dwe ji an do rok

우린 나를 대신해 너만은 행복해야해

U rin na neul dae sin hae neo man-eun haeng bok hae ya hae

세상 끝에서 해매지 않도록

Se sang kkeut-e seo hae mae ji an do rok

나는 나를 언제나 너와 함께있을테니

na neun na reul-eon je na neo-wa ham kke

영원한 사랑으로 남고 싶었어

Yeong-won han sa rang-eu do nam ko ship-po-seo

해매는듯한 내 몸짓에 내 눈물을

Hae mae neun deut han nae mom ji-se nae nun mul-eul

TEARS by Lee Byung Hun

No...I am all right

I really like you... just for you... I don't exist

You are the only one I loved... Yes that was enough

I shed tears just looking at you from behind...

I swallowed a word in sorrow...

I love you... I love you

Promise me... Don't make my tears in vain.

Please be happy for me.

Even when I am wandering at the end of this world

My heart will goes to you always...

Do you know... as I loved you more than me,

I had to be away from you.

I was with you...

Promise me... Don't make my tears in vain.

Please be happy for me.

Even when I am wondering at the end of the world

My heart will goes to you always...

My tears for you, my sorrowful body gestures for you, will be your love forever.

No... I am all right

Translated lyrics credit to LBH.SG

Not sure what this about.. 'first' feedback of the movie? :mellow:

---

1300k, 아주 특별한 초대! '놈놈놈'

프라임경제 기사전송 2008-06-25 14:56

[프라임경제]1300K (www.1300k.com)는 회원을 대상으로 영화 "좋은 놈,나쁜 놈,이상한 놈"에 초대한다고 25일 밝혔다 2008년 여름, 최고의 기대작으로 평각받고 있는 웨스턴 무비 "놈놈놈"은 반칙왕’, ‘장화, 홍련’, ‘달콤한 인생’ 등으로 연출력을 인정받은 김지운 감독과 이병헌,정우성,송강호등 화려한 캐스팅으로 주목받고 있는 한국영화다

이벤트 참가를 원하는 1300k 회원들은 1300k 홈페이지(www.1300k.com) 또는 1300k 커뮤니티 소쿱 (www.sokoob.com)에 들어가셔서 스크랩이벤트에 참가하면 된다.또한 천삼백케이 VIP회원들에게 '놈놈놈' 영화초대 이벤트를 따로 진행한다.

천삼백케이 관계자는 "이번 초대이벤트를 통해 고객들과 더욱 친근감 넘치는 쇼핑몰로서 다가갈 수 있는 계기가 될 수 있는 시간이 되었으면 좋겠다"라고 말했다

일시: 7월 18일/ 7월25일 저녁 / (시간)

장소: 메가박스 서울 코엑스점, 부산서면점

당첨자: 총500명(1인 2매)

참가모집: 6월 12일∼7월 16일(1300k 홈페이지에서 응모)

<저작권자©프라임경제(www.newsprime.co.kr). 무단전재-재배포금지>

Source: rd.empas.com

note1.gifPrelude to BH's Birthday from page 784

easterline.gifeasterline.gif

A - A Bittersweet Life, Addiction, All In, All Star Summit 2005, Anti-War, Arena Tour 2007, Arirang, Awards » pg 784

B - Beautiful Days, Beautiful My Lady, Birthday, Bungee Jumping of Their Own » pg 785

C - Calendar, Career Talk, 58th Cannes 2008, Charity, CF, Cinema Today, Chevalier » pg 786

D - Dancing Hunnie, (KBS1 Photo) Documentary » pg 787, pg 788

E - Elegy of the Earth, English, Everyone Has a Secret » pg 788

F - Fanmeet, Fashion, Father, Fragrance of Love » pg 789

G - The Good The Bad The Weird, Gucci HK 2006 » pg 790

H - Hallyu Cultural Prize 2006, Harmonium in My Memory, Happy Together, Hero, Home, Honey My Love, Hanamaru, Haneda » pg 791

I - I Come With The Rain, Interviews » pg 792

J - Joint Security Area (JSA), Japan » pg 793

K - KAIST, Kill the Love, Kiss, KNTO 2004 » pg 794

L - Lee Eun Hee, Lost Planet » pg 795

Sure hope we'll see BH this Friday, at the 45th Grand Bell/Daejong Awards. And sure hope the GBW cast will make an appearance as a cool prelude to the movie's upcoming release in July. SKH will certainly be there.. he's nominated in the Best Actor category.. hehee.. again.. :lol:

Why are we so shy at the thread.. are we just strangers.. and nothing else? :sweatingbullets:

Is there no little hope in seeing someone else and more people posting at EverythingLBH? :tears:

---

SCREEN magazine has a feature on our sexy cover-Hunnie.. it'll be so cool if they have an English version of it..

Obviously.. blurpanda wishfully daydreaming.. for the impossible.. :blush:

screen_coverstory_200807-1.jpg

Source: www.screenmnb.com

note1.gifPrelude to BH's Birthday

I was very playful as a kid, liked to try danger stuff. I remember once, when I played with my little sister, I made her fell and broke her arm. Eun Hee who is 7 years younger than me, she always played around with me, so she is a little boyish. But she always listens to my advise. Even that we don't really show how much we love each other, but we knew about it inside of us

sand-dollars.gif

Lee Eun Hee

Lee Eun Hee - 1996 (2.34 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AUTP9645

Byunghun-Eunhee (6.02 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z18DN4DE

CF02260001leh (710 KB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O0Y4S9PX

20060905 leh mc (5.03 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8FWHTJN

The entire production was very film-like, which is why using Lee Byung-Hun made sense. He is an incredible actor, and his digital performance in Lost Planet fits the universe perfectly. We wanted an actor who could provide a "real" performance, and Lee Byung-Hun has a certain depth to him that appealed to us. When we were casting for the role, we had worldwide appeal in mind, so we looked at many actors from Japan and Hollywood; however, among the team, Lee Byung-Hun was the actor who most stood out.

Jun Takeuchi, Producer of Lost Planet via international.xboxway.com

Lost Planet

t_lostplanet_tgs06 (31.05 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZIOTKJTG

lostplanet (6.81 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z7ZR2PVI

» Clips courtesy various fan-sharing, compiled by EverythingLBH-soompi.com

June 25, 2008

Twitch Video Player Top Ten!

1. Ong Bak 2 Promo Reel (96 031)

2. I Come With The Rain Promo (3 630)

3. The Good The Bad And The Weird Trailer (1 639)

4. Machine Girl Trailer (1 511)

5. Tokyo Gore Police Promo (1 354)

6. The Echo Trailer (964)

7. The Good The Bad And The Weird Promo (860)

8. Tokyo Gore Police Trailer (662)

10. MollyCam Trailer (558)

Complete link and source at twitchfilm.net

--- AND..

movie1.gif LOTS of REALLY COOL GBW CLIPS at DAUM.net »»» HERE

most of which we have not seen. It'll be great if the clips could be saved & compiled for a great GBW collection. :blush:

clip_bh1.jpg

^ I'll try to upload this clip tomorrow ^^

GBW_BTS poster1.asf

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w43nja

Guest Janie Simply

f7a330241117b126c89559b2.jpg

Cover Magazine of China with lots of goodies on Japanese & Korean pop stars. At the right side, there's this print (rough translation) ...

Rain - Power to influence the world

BYJ - Forever with dreamy smile

LBH - "Beyond Belief Baddie" :P

Fans are hoping to get some gist on BBB from the article!

credit: 宪宪我心 ofidu

Cover Magazine of China with lots of goodies on Japanese & Korean pop stars. At the right side, there's this print (rough translation) ...

LBH - "Beyond Belief Baddie" :P

Fans are hoping to get some gist on BBB from the article!

credit: 宪宪我心 ofidu

That is really great sharing, Janice.. really good and so relieved to see someone else posting.. I'm not sure.. are people angry at my posts or something.. did I do something wrong.. :sweatingbullets:

Anyway.. can't wait to read about LBH's "Beyond Belief Baddie".. to an actor always creating himself, that is really good compliment to hear. Not the usual same ol' same ol' story..

Do we get to read the translation later.. please..

Guest Janie Simply

Calm down, rubie panda :tongue2: , haven't you heed the counsel of Ellabel :sweatingbullets:

You know I will do anything for Hunnie if my time and resources permit.

It's a phase rubie dear as i told you before. Just let it flow naturally.

Just ramble away...a lot of ppl enjoy and learn from them. It's just that some are born receiver while others are givers. Aja!! fighting!!

Hopefully, there will be more surprises to come not only on HUNnie but on this thread as well.

I assure you this place is doing fine, a lot better than most.

Now that you know your calling, so keep doing like what you always do lor, keep contributing; many of us here can assure you that we will continue to stand by you and listen attentively to your ramblings and be your faithful receivers :sweatingbullets:

Calm down, rubie panda :tongue2: , haven't you heed the counsel of Ellabel :sweatingbullets:

Now that you know your calling, so keep doing like what you always do lor, keep contributing; many of us here can assure you that we will continue to stand by you and listen attentively to your ramblings and be your faithful receivers :sweatingbullets:

Maybe it'll be good to have some responses in this discussion thread.. maybe it would be lovely (and not lonely) to read & listen to what others would like write and talk about BH.. maybe there had been posts asking for feedback.. some thoughts would be nice.. too

Maybe.. a 2-way ramblings for once would be good.. is it too much to ask..

*I'm still thinking if I should use the angry tongue icon as well*

ps: I'll still post as always.. we've got a HUNNIE birthday & great movies to look forward to. I'm just trying my darnest to get others to join in willingly.. so that we don't get reprimanded for being inactive. :sweatingbullets:

Don't forget to get & send out your birthday cards to BH, hunnies all! Quick.. quick.. it's almost July.. :w00t:

The more the merrier! :wub:

butter10.gif

Here's the address to send the birthday greetings.. right, Ching.. this is the updated new address?

BH Entertainment Co., Ltd.

1F CLIO Bldg. 598-5 Shinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, KOREA

easterline.gifeasterline.gif

.i.n.t.e.r.e.s.t.i.n.g.

[새영화] 적벽대전:거대한 전쟁의 시작

서울경제신문 기사전송 2008-06-26 16:46

llljs78200806261641330.jpg

llljs78200806261641331.jpg

■ '적벽대전' 홍보위해 방한 우위썬 감독

"송혜교·이병헌·송강호씨 등과 한·중 합작 영화 꼭 만들고 싶어요"

"한국의 배우와 감독들은 매우 뛰어나기 때문에 할리우드에서도 크게 성공할 수 있을 거라고 봐요. 개인적으로 송혜교ㆍ이병헌ㆍ송강호씨 등과 함께 작업해봤으면 하고 앞으로 이들과 한중 합작 영화를 꼭 만들어 보고 싶습니다."

Source: http://rd.empas.com/r.tsp/%C0%CC%BA%B4%C7%...%E7%B8%B6%0B%7D

Guest jicks

^^ O_______o!!! Holy mother goodness of crap, his chest !!! And the biceps heh XD

Okay I need to wipe my drool...

Thanks for all the hotness XD XD

^^ O_______o!!! Holy mother goodness of crap, his chest !!! And the biceps heh XD

Okay I need to wipe my drool...

Thanks for all the hotness XD XD

LOL.. jicks.. where have you been.. *passing tissues to wipe drool off ^^*

Btw, thanks Huang for the SCREEN cover.. BH is looking really good, doesn't he? :blush: And our jicks have answered it for us.. very specifically, too.. :lol:

th_by15click-img2.jpg th_by15click-img1.jpg th_megapapersjp-img1.jpg

th_200807_screen.jpg th_megapapersjp.jpg

th_screen20081.jpg th_screen072008.jpg th_screen200807-1.jpg « sexy Hunnie collection in thumbs

---

On Hancinema TV's highlight

The Good, the Bad, the Weird Korean Movie Final Trailer

Click HERE to watch :blush:

Just a little off-topicly mention..

The famous director John Woo & his "Red Cliff" cast were (or still?) in Seoul for the movie's premiere event yesterday at the W Hotel in Seoul. Tony Leung was also present and here are a couple excerpts from the press interview with the most highly-rated actor in Asia.

Tony Leung as we know is one of BH's fave actors, alongside Ms. Maggie Cheung ('In The Mood for Love') and I presumed Director John Woo mentions that he wishes to work with LBH, SKH and SHK (already joining his upcoming movie '1949'). Remember a couple years ago.. there's a netizens' survey on the remake of "Better Tomorrow' on who would be most perfect to act in the movie if a Korean version was ever planned. LBH's name was included.. although not the top choice in the survey, he certainly has Dir. Woo's keen interest.. maybe for another project? Who knows..

Anyhoo.. what I'm trying to share is Tony Leung's excellent answer on how he had become sexier as he gets older. Don't we just see that with our Hunnie, too. :wub: :blush: Interestingly.. Tony Leung and BH are both Cancers. :rolleyes:

So.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. LEUNG! :D

From the Korea Times: John Woo Realizes Dreams Through 'Red Cliff' (06-26-2008 19:16)

For casting the star actors, the director said he had to consider many factors since it was based on history. He conducted thorough research on each character, and said Leung was perfect for playing a man who was known for his big heart. The actor flashed a big grin when one of the reporters congratulated him on his upcoming birthday and asked what was his secret for becoming sexier with each passing year. "I think men become more mature with age and experience. I think that makes director Woo the most attractive," said Leung, who turned 46 on Friday, drawing laughter from the room.

Source: koreatimes.co.kr

From the Korean Herald: Woo puts career on the line with 'Red Cliff' blockbuster

Among the main cast present at the press conference was Tony Leung, who plays Zhou Yu in "Red Cliff." He left an indelible impression with his impassioned role in "Lust, Caution."

Asked about the traditional musical instrument he plays in the film, he said he found it difficulty to synchronize his hand gestures to the tune because he does not play it himself. When a seemingly ardent fan-cum-reporter asked about how he looks sexier, Leung smiled and replied that men become more mature as they get older, perhaps because life experiences add to the internal charm.

Source: koreaherald.co.kr