Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Rubie, not at all. I just felt that since Janice has done it, it redundant to post it here again + my command of English is not that good, so without Ching around, I am abit :sweatingbullets:

Nothing about BH is redundant no2.gif.. at least not for me. I love reading everything about him especially if it's about his own thoughts, emotions.. just simply being him.. which we all know is just so hard to find. Well.. in the English version, of course.

Most of us are not English-speaking fans.. at least it's not what we're using all the time in our daily lives but bit by bit, the continuous sharing makes everything so easy and comfortable. Just need that one "first step" and everything will be fine.

Btw, the bookstore called me this morning to say that they dun carry the magazine but will try to check with their supplier, will need to give them a few more days. Found out that we can order it via Innolife.com, the chinese site and it cost US$18 but then, this panda is a bit reluctant to order via that mode :D

Ok.. at least there's something to look forward to. Actually I'm not putting too much hope on this although I would love to get the magazine. Not that I must have it (hopelesss panda just loves to gush & rave about BH ^^) but it would be nice.. especially as something to smile about.. right, ylin? :rolleyes: :blush:

Thanks for looking it up.. hope a great response awaits. :D

Ok.. at least there's something to look forward to. Actually I'm not putting too much hope on this although I would love to get the magazine. Not that I must have it (hopelesss panda just loves to gush & rave about BH ^^) but it would be nice.. especially as something to smile about.. right, ylin? :rolleyes: :blush:

Thanks for looking it up.. hope a great response awaits. :D

Of course, it would be good and something to look forward to :) of course the smiling part..... I am sure you have been smiling to yourself since the day you got your hands on his 2008 calendar ... right ? :lol::lol::lol:

Of course, it would be good and something to look forward to :) of course the smiling part..... I am sure you have been smiling to yourself since the day you got your hands on his 2008 calendar ... right ? :lol::lol::lol:

Oops.. shh.. :unsure:ylin. LOL! :P

note1.gifPrelude to BH's Birthday from page 784

easterline.gifeasterline.gif

A - A Bittersweet Life, Addiction, All In, All Star Summit 2005, Anti-War, Arena Tour 2007, Arirang, Awards » pg 784

B - Beautiful Days, Beautiful My Lady, Birthday, Bungee Jumping of Their Own » pg 785

C - Calendar, Career Talk, 58th Cannes 2008, Charity, CF, Cinema Today, Chevalier » pg 786

D - Dancing Hunnie, (KBS1 Photo) Documentary » pg 787, pg 788

E - Elegy of the Earth, English, Everyone Has a Secret » pg 788

F - Fanmeet, Fashion, Father, Fragrance of Love » pg 789

G - The Good The Bad The Weird, Gucci HK 2006 » pg 790

H - Hallyu Cultural Prize 2006, Harmonium in My Memory, Happy Together, Hero, Home, Honey My Love, Hanamaru, Haneda » pg 791

I - I Come With The Rain, Interviews » pg 792

Finally, the reporter asked Lee Byung Hun, who is way beyond the right age to get married what is his ideal for a partner, he humorously replied: “First of all, there must be a common language, followed by a beautiful hip.”

p.s. it seems like it was mentioned in another article that no matter how busy, he would make an effort to spare some time to meet the person he wants to see.. he is also lonely.. was so busy that he was not able to catch up with friends but would occasionally phone someone ..

Gratitude: ylin.wordpress.com

You know.. reading the interview again... his homesickness is getting too much for him.. yup, even for BH. Seeing the GBW team (plus the Korean media) in Cannes before that.. probably had really made him missed Korea so much. GI Joe's filming was completely finished on the 15th but BH could not contain his eagerness to get home.. he didn't even wait for the production's farewell party. Quite the typical Cancer our Hunnie. A home-guy.

Being lonely.. who wouldn't be? Sigh. At the moment, all he's doing is work and work.. with more work to come. Even with his burning passion to strive better and improve himself in the movie scene, locally & internationally.. who wouldn't be lonely? We truly wish you the love of your life would appear soon, Byunghun-ssi. I was looking through past interviews and BH definitely said, if he's in love (again).. he will know what to do. He will be the most gentle and loving husband a woman could ever have. So, where is she?

^ Hi betchay, good to see you! ^^

Whoa! The BAD artwork is more brutal than the man himself. :P

Thanks for sharing with us, appreciate the cool capture. :D Still awhile more to wait before July 17th.

Guest Janie Simply

LOL! Very funny... good one! :lol:

A good thing that you've posted the larger version of the cover.. so.. I'll let the "hint" be.. :P

Aigoo, thought this panda is a blurred kind; didn't know her mind is "fuelled" with imagination :sweatingbullets:

---

20080620181105.752.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/movie/view...068&cp=hani

I think it says that this classic movie JSA by Director PCW will be shown on Sunday June 22 at K1 Channel at midnight (12:50 a.m.)

edit:

Reminiscing JSA pictures

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=414409265

courtesy of 宪宪我心 of Baidu

Aigoo, thought this panda is a blurred kind; didn't know her mind is "fuelled" with imagination :sweatingbullets:

Huh! What imagination.. what fuel? :sweatingbullets:

Aigoo.. what actually did you hint?! :huh:

http://photo-media.daum-img.net/200806/20/...81105.752.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/movie/view...068&cp=hani

I think it says that this classic movie JSA by Director PCW will be shown on Sunday June 22 at K1 Channel at midnight (12:50 a.m.)

Thanks for the update, Janice.. although.. none of us are going to watch it. It's a Korean movie channel .. or something, I think. :unsure:

But seems like a cool prelude for GBW since SKH & LBH were the main cast in JSA. :rolleyes:

Guest Janie Simply

.. although.. none of us are going to watch it. It's a Korean movie channel .. or something, I think. :unsure:

But seems like a cool prelude for GBW since SKH & LBH were the main cast in JSA. :rolleyes:

They might bombard the tv audience with GBW trailers that Shirley posted :sweatingbullets:

http://byunghun.excite.co.jp/info/index.php?id=427

Just a brief hightlight... Many have enquired about BH birthday celebration & the organizer stated that only birthday cards will be accepted and that the cards received will be given to BH in person on that day at the premiere.

---

Another quick one...

2003_img_3.jpg

http://www.cinemart.co.jp/theater/roppongi/topics/#002003

Whoa, our Japanese fans are so spoiled :sweatingbullets: gonna watched 7 of BH movies non-stop from July 12 to Aug 15 to celebrate BH Day!

Another quick one...

http://www.cinemart.co.jp/common/images/data/2003_img_3.jpg

http://www.cinemart.co.jp/theater/roppongi/topics/#002003

Whoa, our Japanese fans are so spoiled :sweatingbullets: gonna watched 7 of BH movies non-stop from July 12 to Aug 15 to celebrate BH Day!

And before that they've already seen the most important one.. GBW with BH, too! Wahhhhh!!! :w00t:

Who wouldn't want to be spoiled like this? :blush: *one hopeless panda raises her two hands I want! I want!*

Thanks Janice for these cool tidbit *mwah*.. it gave me an idea... of something.. :rolleyes:

STOP! PLEASE READ & feedback.gif

Let us all.. everyone at this enchanted thread.. regulars.. lurkers & all LBH enthusiasts.. let's all send a birthday card each to Byunghun-ssi, from everywhere we might be. Our threadmistress, chula.. had an idea before to send postcards (collected & compiled) to be sent to BH.

Since BH's birthday & GBW opening day are coming soon.. LET'S SEND OUR HUNNIE A CARD each. Can? The notice at JOFC might (as always) be exclusively for the Japanese fans. So, we will send our cards to BH Entertainment office. It's a personal choice to put "from EverythingLBH, soompi.com" but it'll be nice if .. who knows.. BH might stop by at our thread.. again.. one beautiful day. :blush:

LBH soompi fans are from everywhere.. it's a heartwarming simple gesture from everyone (and doesn't cost too much).. let's all send BH a birthday card from wherever we are. I'm sure some have been doing it every year.. some never misses going to his fan meets every time.. but receiving a card (via snail-mail) is something not common anymore. Let's live it up for our Hunnie. :wub: The person receiving these heartwarming greetings from the heart will never forget such a simple yet sweet thought like this.

June 20, 2008

The Official THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE WIERD Trailer Kicks richard simmons And Takes Names

Posted by Todd Brown

20080610gbw2.jpg

If not for the fact that we posted the sales promo for Tony Jaa’s Ong Bak 2 just a few days ago this new trailer for Kim Ji-Woon’s Korean western The Good, The Bad and The Weird would surely go down as the trailer of the year. The director of A Bittersweet Life and A Tale of Two Sisters has always been one of Korea’s greatest visual talents - a huge compliment considering just how well most Korean films are shot - but he has seldom been as energetic and playful as he is here. The cast is stellar, the scope of the thing impressive, the action sequences crackle the use of music is clever, and golly won’t the ladies go crazy for Lee Byung Hun’s eyeliner? :lol: Reception in Cannes was fantastic and it’s easy to see why.

You can check out the new theatrical trailer as well as the English subtitled sales promo in the Twitch Player below the break.

A couple of cool GBW clips » HERE

Source: twitchfilm.net

Great responses, too ^^

Rhythm-X 06/20/2008 @ 1:23pm

The moral of this story - Kim Ji-Woon should have been put in charge of INDIANA JONES 4.

note1.gifPrelude to BH's Birthday

What made director Anh Hung Tran cast you?

He said he saw 'A Bittersweet Life' and thought my expressions were nice. He said it is rare to find such detailed expressions and emotions from Asian actors. Or, maybe he gave me the role of Hong Kong gang boss because I played the role of the No.2 gang member in “A Bittersweet Life” (laughing)

Spotlight.. Lee Byung Hun, Between Reason & Sensibility; Between Beauty & Evil. CINE21 Feb2008 translated by MOON-Seok

I Come With The Rain (international debut, 2008)

icwtr preview apr16 (11.25 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q0229YEX

Interviews

LBH-SSH tv interview 1999 (28.6 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KZSST6DW

Nonfix - home interview 2004 ehas/photobook (11.46 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KNTVEJRH

Interview - KBS 2004 (9.15 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U7CYY1NS

LBH_interview_090403 (14.31 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G6IP4K0I

BH in HK interview01/Chinese (5.51MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X0DP3DFS

BH in HK interview02/Chinese (9.57MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=541P93EL

» Clips courtesy various fan-sharing, compiled by EverythingLBH-soompi.com

:blush: Previously posted link on the previous page

Thanks to ㅎㅎ at PlanetBH0712, THE BAD captures from the trailer (full set of GBW at the movie thread)

gbw_trailer_HD1.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD2.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD3.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD4.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD5.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD8.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD11.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD13.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD20.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD22.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD25.jpg

gbw_trailer_HD27.jpg

Looks like soompi.com had quite a bit of 'makeover' .. uhh.. I thought I clicked the soompi mainsite instead... *looking up & around at the black background* .. could be a hint for us to be active in the fan club too? :sweatingbullets:

Anyway.. I've got a news link to share.. oops.. where is it.. :blush:

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712

[2008 movies] GBW vs Public Enemy Returns vs Eye for an Eye vs Antique Bakery

z_MMEDIA5.gifhttp://vod.ytnstar.co.kr/ytnstar/general/m...723174810_s.wmv

Got to get it from our BH forum.. hold on.. coming soon.. *panda zooms off*

ps: check out the GBW thread as well.. for some cool updates by Janice et. al

Sunday morning update.. sort of. Hate to say it but a lot of 'hype' goes to BH being in GI Joe, the same as the-other Korean-celebrity-trying-Hollywood.. too. But lack of mention on the movie ICWTR to be released sometime this year whereas GI Joe will only be out August 2009. For now.. I tend to take GI Joe as 'a fun first ride' for BH but ICWTR would be the challenge for the moment of truth.. if he can make it, internationally that is.

Anyway.. here it is..

Kang Hye Jung heads West

June 21st, 2008 // by javabeans

Twenty-six-year-old movie actress Kang Hye Jung, whom I loved as the quirky Hana in last year’s underrated drama series Flowers For My Life, is prepping to make her (sigh, another one?) Hollywood debut.

According to her management, YG Entertainment, she’ll be filming in Los Angeles later this year, but they remained mum on the details, saying those would be publicized once the contract is complete. What, you couldn’t wait for the ink to dry before running to the media, only to tell them to wait for the ink to dry so you could, uh, run to the media again?

She was reportedly approached by the filmmakers after gaining international recognition in films Oldboy and Welcome to Dongmakgol. The film she’s being cast in will be helmed by a Korean (-American, I believe), and is described as a love story and melodrama.

All right. Shall we do a rundown of Korean stars attempting Hollywood? Well, so far we have:

Lee Byung Heon (a ninja assassin in GI Joe), everybody’s favorite punching bag Rain (a ninja assassin in Ninja Assassin), Jang Dong Gun (an Asian warrior assassin in Laundry Warrior), Jeon Ji Hyun (a vampire warrior — assassin? — in Blood the Last Vampire — are you noticing a theme here?), and Song Hye Gyo (actually a two-parter; first is Fetish, then John Woo’s 1949), among others.

The immediate question that comes to mind for all of these situations is: Can they even speak English? (Even if they are playing chinkified stereotypes for the most part.) Well, we’ll see about that soon enough, but in my opinion, if we’re talking about casting a Korean star in an English-language film, I want to see Jung Ryeo Won in an indie flick or something. She’s got a unique aura about her that’s both Korean and Western, and at the same time neither entirely Korean nor entirely Western. It’s something I connect with — which I think a lot of hyphenates (whatever-slash-Americans) can identify with — and somebody oughtta make use of that.

Via Hankyung

Source: www.dramabeans.com

Hunnie fun facts ♥

BH's way to keep himself from being bored during travel and long flights »

An Academy award winning actor whom he'll like to meet »

His most respected & fave Japanese filmaker »

If Jenny Rawlings had likened BH to James Dean, whom did Dir. Kim Ji Woon say BH resemble the most »

Can BH do the (body) split ^o^ »

Beautiful Days' cute mascot »

All In's official flower »

WOW! :w00t: Someone already has the Screen magazine! Cool! :w00t:

Thanks Janice for this sweet sharing. Blurpanda here really shouldn't say anything about the hand-cuffs :ph34r::sweatingbullets: except that he makes a SEXY PRISONER anytime! :w00t: .. but I'm most interested in the ring(s) that he's wearing. Of course.. it's part of the accessories for the photoshoot.. knowing that BH isn't a ring-wearing person.. he only designs them. :P But who knows he'll wear one later.. or most definitely.. designs an exclusive set for his special ladylove. :blush:

I just love the photoshoot (it's been awhile since we see BH showing his stuff :rolleyes: on the glossy prints).. Ella mentioned that BH is looking lean and mean on the cover (we certainly & wholeheartedly agree, don't we? ^^) but the main ga-ga factor.. at least for this panda.. is his eyes.. always.. those incredibly intense yet softly piercing gaze. :wub:Janice mentions this before.. but why.. delete the comment after that? :mellow: