Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

April 7, 2008

The JOFC seems to have an updated info on the Arena Tour DVD.

Anyone with more gist on this, please?

Is it somehow English-subbed? :mellow: And when it's actually coming out? :unsure:

Thanks! :blush:

Information page, please click the link to read, can't copy here. :P

http://translate.ocn.ne.jp/LUCOCN/c3/hm_ex...ja&TLANG=en

Sales release on April 18th at the LBH film tour venue

Pre-order from JOFC home page beginning from April 7th.

Price: 7980 yen including tax

There are 2 kinds, a fan club member limited edition and a general sales plate (different package).

With online translator and no editing. Hope you can understand. :P:lol:

http://translate.ocn.ne.jp/LUCOCN/c3/hf.cg...;XCHARSET=UTF-8

Detail information

* You're reading procedures certainly and after understanding, please apply.

* The price is including tax.

* The color taste (the color) and the design are sometimes different from a picture in actual goods for a short while, so please accept it beforehand.

* After April 18th, goods schedule shipping off in about 2 weeks after payment confirmation.

* After application confirmation in case of inputs a mail address password to "purchase history inquiry", please check it.

* It costs 500 yen as a shipping off handling charge of goods apart from merchandise charge.

LBH ARENA TOUR2007 DVD

TP-LBH-0080.jpg

* The picture is an image and is different from actual goods. Please accept it.

A price: 7600 yen (excluding tax) 7980 yen (including tax)/2 set (Disk1: this chapter Disk2: privilege picture)/112 minutes (schedule)

LBH ARENA TOUR2007

IBYONHONARINA and tour 2007

I of 11 people BYONHON

An impression of that day, in the condition-.

An audience, several, 50,000 people, from Tokyo Dome event in recorded May in 2006, 1 year and a half-

I which expanded a place by the achievement into the world as the top actor who represents Asia BYONHON.

It appears again in front of the fan by the substantial contents and the marvellous performance in which Tokyo Dome event is surpassed via lead time beyond 1 year.

The arena tour which passes to the various part of Japan 4 city 7 performance which became the first try as an actor, an audience, several, 60,000 people, it was recorded and it was a new legend.

"I like you."

The performance performed at a National Yoyogi Stadium 1st gymnasium on November 24th in 2007 from the opening which starts, an interview with a I professor, a piano performance, cooking, a reading aloud play, an original song "some time" and encore appearance to the last message from a dance is reproduced perfectly!

Privilege picture filling!

* The music video which wrote an ending song "some time" with a picture in every region of the country

* The private picture whole book record which was shown at a meeting place besides the Tokyo performance recorded in DVD this chapter

* All dishes introduced at a cooking corner are introduced with a recipe.

* Feelings to an arena tour and a message to a fan are filmed as a special interview.

Procedure for ordering, please refer here:

http://translate.ocn.ne.jp/LUCOCN/c3/hf.cg...=en&XTYPE=0

* Overseas sending :(:tears:

I'm sorry, but it isn't shipped off to foreign countries. I'll make it shipping off only in Japan.

I'll not ship internationally. I'll restrict to the dispatch in Japan.

^ Thanks Ching for the wonderful effort, appreciate it very much.

Procedure for ordering, please refer here:

http://translate.ocn.ne.jp/LUCOCN/c3/hf.cg...=en&XTYPE=0

* Overseas sending :(:tears: I'm sorry, but it isn't shipped off to foreign countries. I'll make it shipping off only in Japan.

I'll not ship internationally. I'll restrict to the dispatch in Japan.

:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

It's just too bad for us, huh.

*sneezes sniffsniff* blurpanda rubie is not feeling well at all.. desperately needing her Hunnie-vitamins.. :(

Listening to TEARS and missing Hunnie so much.. waaaaaaa... :tears:

---

Wouldn't it be nice if BH had actually released an album somewhere, sometime before he went MIA filming a long time.. away..

like now.. :tears:

like he did before with 'To Me' :tears:

Just a mention of LBH in various articles

April 7, 2008 [THE HIGH TIDE OF THE KOREAN WAVE(30)]

Hallyu star carries torch for next generation

His goofy smile, manly good looks and dynamic acting catapulted him to fame when he played a dopey student in the hit MBC drama "Rooftop Room Cat" in 2003. And now "Hallyu" star Kim Rae-won is joining the ranks of Korean Wave celebrities alongside Bae Yong-joon, Jang Dong-kun and Lee Byung-hun.

With a new Japanese movie out and the much-anticipated SBS drama "Sikgaek" on its way, the future is looking bright for Kim.

-- The Korean Herald article is a good must-read for KRW's fans especially (I still wish there'll be one featuring LBH, too). For the complete post, please refer at the News thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&start=4480

Also at the News thread

April 8, 2008 A Korean Wave Rises in Hollywood

Korean-American actor Aaron Yoo

More and more young Korean-American actors and actresses are making their presence felt in Hollywood, the global Mecca of the movie world. One of them is Aaron Yoo. After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, Yoo entered the entertainment industry and made his name with a supporting role in Paramount Pictures' "Disturbia" last year. Now he's enjoying growing popularity with his latest work in Columbia Pictures' "21", which opened in the U.S. last month.

In a recent interview with the Chosun Ilbo, Yoo acknowledged that good fortune has played a major part in his success so far, but he also believes his confidence in his acting ability has been another contributing factor. An admirer of Marlon Brando, James Dean and Cary Grant, the young actor expressed a hope to appear in a Korean movie if he gets a chance.

Yoo is only one of several ethnic Koreans who have made their names in Hollywood of late. Leonard Nam, who was born in Argentina and studied acting in New York, recently appeared in "Vantage Point" alongside actress Sigourney Weaver. In "Dragonball," based on the Japanese manga series of the same name, Jamie Chung plays Chi Chi, the girlfriend of Goku. Tim Kang was cast as a mercenary soldier working for Rambo in the recent "Rambo 4." Sung Kang starred in "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift," and two ethnic Koreans -- Rick Yune and Will Yun Lee -- appeared in "Die Another Day." Will Yun Lee also appeared in the TV drama "Bionic Woman." Karl Yune, another Korean-American actor, appeared in "Memoirs of a Geisha."

Among TV entertainers of Korean origin are Daniel Dae Kim and Kim Yun-jin, who both rose to stardom with ABC's blockbuster drama "Lost," and James Kyson Lee, who stars in NBC's hit show "Heroes."

More and more Korean stars are also seeking to work in Hollywood. Pop idol Rain and Joon Park, a member of now-defunct boy group G.O.D., will appear in the upcoming "Speed Racer" movie. Half-Korean actor Daniel Henney has been cast in a role in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," while Jang Dong-kun will appear in "The Laundry Warrior," and Lee Byung-hun will appear in "G.I. Joe."

Other ethnic Koreans are making their presence known on the other side of the camera. Daniel Chai is a co-executive producer of "Fire Bay," a movie inspired by the 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion, the unsuccessful attempt to overthrow the Cuban government of Fidel Castro during the John F. Kennedy presidency.

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

Can someone gist this, please? Seems a rather important article regarding GBW's production release, or not.. is there any problem or something? :mellow:

----

April 8, 2008

영화 ‘좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈’ 두 편으로 개봉?

김지운 감독 긴 러닝타임 압박… 삭제장편 아까워 1·2편 나눠 개봉 고려

올 해 한국 영화계의 기대작 중 하나인 ‘좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈’(감독 김지운, 제작 바른손엔터테인먼트. 이하 ‘놈놈놈’)이 2편으로 나뉘어 개봉되는 방안이 논의되고 있다.

영화 제작 관계자에 따르면 ‘놈놈놈’은 1월 촬영을 마쳤고, 최근 4시간 분량으로 1차 편집을 했다. 현재는 일반적인 영화 러닝타임인 2시간대로 줄이는 편집이 진행되고 있다.

문제는 4시간 분량의 1차 편집본의 완성도가 높아 이를 2시간대로 줄면서 삭제되는 장면들이 너무 아깝다는 것. 일단 예정대로 편집을 진행해 2시간대의 1편으로 완성, 7월 개봉하는 것이 목표다.

하지만 억지로 2시간대의 1편으로 완성하기 보다는 차라리 영화를 둘로 나누어 개봉하는 방법도 검토하고 있다. 쿠엔틴 타란티노 감독의 ‘킬빌’의 경우 영화가 완성된 후 억지로 상영시간을 맞추지 않고 영화를 1, 2편으로 나누어 2003년 겨울과 2004년 여름 6개월 간격으로 개봉했다.

‘놈놈놈’은 제작비만 직접 100억원 이상 들어간 대작이다. 1편으로 만들어 개봉하는 것보다는 2편으로 나뉘어 개봉하는 것이 흥행 위험을 줄일 수 있다는 현실적인 잇점도 있다. 영화 제작 관계자는 “확정되지 않았지만 많은 제작비가 투입된 영화를 1∼2부로 나누어 개봉하는 것도 좋은 아이디어인 것 같아 일부 검토하고 있다”고 밝혔다.

‘놈놈놈’은 1930년대를 배경으로 열차털이범, 현상금 사냥꾼, 마적단 두목의 대결을 그린 작품으로 송강호, 이병헌, 정우성이 주연을 맡았다. 제작진은 지난 해 7월부터 100 일 동안 중국 타클라마칸 사막, 실크로드의 관문 둔황 등에서 촬영을 했다. 증기기관차와 마적단의 추격, 대규모 폭발 등 스펙터클한 장면이 벌써 영화가에 소문이 돌며 큰 기대를 받고 있다. 아직 완성이 되지 않았음에도 해외영화제 출품도 거론되고 있다.

이경호 기자 rush@donga.com

http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?n=200804080206

Hoping for some feedback on this -

I'm wondering if LBH fans here who are Rubeurs' members (or at least, the registered members of lbh.com) .. can help clarify this question.

Is dotcom coming out with an updated foreign board soon? Like they've mentioned during last year's intake.

Has the foreign board finally been launched and is it it visible for non-members to see? Or are they still waiting for word from BH Ent. instead?

Guest ellabel

But anyways, I have a favourite line from the entire interview >>>

:D :D :D LOL I demand topless scenes already!

PS- A Bittersweet Life remake?? That's news to me- well, ages ago I briefly heard a mention but never did I hear any confirmation. I'd love to see who gets cast in LBH's role.

PPS- I finally got my hands on a copy of Hero (the movie)... so I shall be watching that one tonight!!

I second the motion or shud i say the demand. :w00t::P

It wud be interesting to know who among the popular Hwd actors wud play LBH.

Hmmm...... Brad Pitt or Matt Damon is fine.

So, how's Hero, jicks? Did u like it?

I had a copy since Holy Week but after going thru it looking for just BH's very short performance, I still cant find the urge to watch it as a whole and to think i like Limura too. My bad! :rolleyes:

today one of the key e-mag in Vietnam published a long article about Hunnie n his new US movie G.I

Their gave high commend and appreciation on our man as one of the leading actors who is the big successful names outside Korean market and firm steps to Holliwood. He is the priide of Korea cinema!

They posted his images that we all already saved in our box... hehhe.

and his Western partner Rachel Nichol too :sweatingbullets:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2337/62078819ak0.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6497/ra...06mtvmovgn8.jpg

http://netlife.vietnamnet.vn//vn/machleo/23759/index.aspx

tsk tsk.. all partners of my men are blonde! :phew:

Thanks for the news Mona dear.

Hehehe... can u translate some of the more impt parts on BH?

Does he have a love interest in G.I. Joe? :blink:

Hmm... pretty but very very blonde.... i cant imagine seeing my HUN-nie with a blonde. :lol:

LBH is surely making a name in int'l markets slowly but surely.

It's good that he has a good mgmt co. that takes care of things for him... screening roles, talking to the right ppl, choosing the right projects for him. Most of all, he's also very hands on with his career, knowing what he wants, what he's capable of, stretching his limits to bring out the best in him. He is a risk-taker but never reckless. An intelligent actor who has a great vision of what is good and right.

I love the human-ness of BH. He still feels the pressure, the insecurity and acknowledges that he has deficiencies. But what's great about him is that he never fails to work hard, persevere and re-invent himself. You never get short-chaged with an LBH performance. One always end up awed, satiated and satisfied after watching him.

Guest kdramafanusa

Hello Rubie & all, have you seen these old pics of BH & SH before? :)

ssh_lbh_1.jpg

ssh_sjs_1.jpg'

Park Yong-ha & So Ji-seop were there too.

Source: Maku-cho's blog

th_ssh_lbh_1.jpg

Hi H! Good to see you, HUGS! I'm back.. not as terrible-feeling as last night ^^

Btw.. we have two hunnies with H as their nicks at the thread. One is autumnleaves, our UK H-hunnie. And kdramafanusa, our US-hunnie. :wub:

Just want to clear that so that no one gets too confused by rubie's endless ramble. :blush:

Thanks so much for the pics, as matter a fact we do have a few more of those BH-SH pics from SSH 2001 birthday event, right? :rolleyes:

Just a little tidbit.. before BH came out.. as a 'surprise' guest.. SSH also had his AIMH co-star joining him at the event. I've seen glimpses of Ms. Song in one of the old clips. I'll copy & credit the SJS, PYH, SSH pic too.. is that ok with you, H?

Anyway... for H and everyone.. more BH pics plus some more "hun" goodies.. check out Byunghun + Seunghun :D

---

Also.. I was updating/compiling some stuff.. found this to share .. of what BH thought about SSH ..

Full article at http://www.soompi.com/fanclub/lee_byung_hu...believable_idol

The Unbelievable Idol (related excerpt)

Before his pal Song Seung Hun went for army service, Lee Byung Hun met him twice .. no tone of sympathy and not even thoughts of that this will create any adverse impact on his career .."this will let him have an entire new experience . for an actor he should encounter such different life experiences to enrich himself ..in this way ..when he portray other roles ..in future ...there will be more depth and dimension to his roles ...

A man should act like a man ..and hence ..Lee Byung Hun just took over his father debt without much word ..when the debt was cleared ..he make a date with his Korean fans ..and treat them to ice cream ..giving himself a sweet reward

"That is now things of the past ..i dont really want to talk too much about it. My feelings towards my father.. is just like in Beautiful Days ..how Minchul feels towards his father.. when i was little ..i believe my father was invincible .. a hero but then later (the debts ).. i fully understand that was just my illusion of my father image .. he too is human... and have his vulnerable side ...i just have such heart ache thinking of this.

Translated from Singapore's Chinese magazine I-weekly No 386

by Shirley @ dotcom & image from chosun.com

Guest kdramafanusa

Hi H! Good to see you, HUGS! I'm back.. not as terrible-feeling as last night ^^

Thanks so much for the pics, as matter a fact we do have a few more of those BH-SH pics from SSH 2001 birthday event, right? :rolleyes:

Just a little tidbit.. before BH came out.. as a 'surprise' guest.. SSH also had his AIMH co-star joining him at the event. I've seen glimpses of Ms. Song in one of the old clips. I'll copy & credit the SJS, PYH, SSH pic too.. is that ok with you, H?

Anyway... for H and everyone.. more BH pics plus some more "hun" goodies.. check out Byunghun + Seunghun :D

---

Also.. I was updating/compiling some stuff.. found these to share .. what BH thought about SSH ..

Rubie, glad to hear that you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing more goodies as always.

I got the pics from Mako_chu's site, BH related links from there as well:

All In

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...cat_637493.html

Beautiful Days

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...cat_568569.html

Happy Together

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...at_1048680.html

Beautiful My Lady

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...cat_909657.html

Rubie, glad to hear that you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing more goodies as always.

I got the pics from Mako_chu's site, BH related links from there as well:

All In

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...cat_637493.html

Beautiful Days

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...cat_568569.html

Happy Together

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...at_1048680.html

Beautiful My Lady

http://blog.livedoor.jp/mako_chu4688/archi...cat_909657.html

Hahaa.. hopeless rubie just can't stay away from her Hunnie.. how matter what. LOL! Thanks for the warm wish.. really feels better, too.

Thanks so much for the lovely links. Just so happy to see that there are still fans sharing about BH/his dramas. I saw the caps for All In.. aWw.. I can talk nonstop about Inha, Minchul too. :lol: Too bad that BH isn't coming back in a series anytime soon or later.. at least JinGoo will be in Spotlight... the junior Hunnie. :blush: A pity that the blog isn't in English either.. I would have joined in .. in a heartbeat! ^^

Hope you'll like the pics and info of BH-SH at the fanclub. I'd always have a soft spot for BH's buddies as well which isn't usually the case, vice-versa.

But always.. wanted to share so much.. just didn't know if I came off too strong/much.. sometimes. :sweatingbullets:

OMG.. I think I'm still in my 'fuzzy-wuzzy' mode.. rambling whatnots! :P

Guest kdramafanusa

Thanks so much for the lovely links. Just so happy to see that there are still fans sharing about BH/his dramas. I saw the caps for All In.. aWw.. I can talk nonstop about Inha, Minchul too. :lol: Too bad that BH isn't coming back in a series anytime soon or later.. at least JinGoo will be in Spotlight... the junior Hunnie. :blush: A pity that the blog isn't in English either.. I would have joined in .. in a heartbeat! ^^

Hope you'll like the pics and info of BH-SH at the fanclub. I'd always have a soft spot for BH's buddies as well which isn't usually the case, vice-versa.

But always.. wanted to share so much.. just didn't know if I came off too strong/much.. sometimes. :sweatingbullets:

I'm sure there are many Japanese fans sites that have lots of BH stuffs, have to look for them when there's more time.

I like the pics of BH-SH (you know that they are my favorites. Hehee) a lot, the older stuffs are always so precious.

Thanks so much again for sharing them Rubie, it's never too much at all. I was on my way to work this morning so I posted the link to BH Fan Club (BH-SH stuffs) at SH's thread without asking you first. Hope it's okay.

I was about to post several big pictures on BH this morning, I got 'the daily maintenance' message when I hit Add Reply. I should've edited everything offline rather than on Soompi editor, I will repost them after work tonight.

I love these pictures of BH-SH, they are so close. Oh Rubie, the youtube link to their special no longer works.

I was about to post several big pictures on BH this morning, I got 'the daily maintenance' message when I hit Add Reply. I should've edited everything offline rather than on Soompi editor, I will repost them after work tonight.

That'll be great! We need thoughts, pics.. talks about BH badly. :sweatingbullets:

It's a good practise to save whatever posts we're about to make (simple or detailed ones) on a notepad or word doc or just 'copy' it first everytime.. especially at soompi. Now I copy everything all the time because tearing up my hair after losing a long written message which got 'swallowed' by the maintenance/backup notice isn't a lovely sight. :sweatingbullets: LOL.

I love these pictures of BH-SH, they are so close. Oh Rubie, the youtube link to their special no longer works.

Aish.. that's what I'm afraid of. Lots of BH fans in Japan have withdrawn their BH sharing from the Youtube, etc.. I was relying on stuff that I knew I should have backed-up. :mellow:

I'm not sure if I had that file saved somehwere.

Ching.. anyone.. do you hunnies have the clip? :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for telling me about it, H.. I'll edit the link out later.

Guest TY_KSW

aWww.. without our two lovely hunnies' love & effort.. we wouldn't have much of anything to read. Well done, it is just so heartwarming.. an awesome interview all the Byunghun-ssi.. Hollywood or Asia.. Hallyu or World Star.. you are our #1, always :wub: .. one and only! :w00t:

He is now Hallyuwood star dear! :lol:

Hi Pandarub, how are u now! :rolleyes:

He is now Hallyuwood star dear! :lol:

Hi Pandarub, how are u now! :rolleyes:

Aigoo.. 'Hallyuwood' sounds so wooden laa.. *oops, looks out for snowballs*

Lets just say.. BH is simply our Hunnie-star! :wub: Forever pandas' #1 love. :w00t:

Thanks TY for the warm wish.. rubie is ok now but with Hunnie-vitamins, she'll be a lot better. LOL!

---

ps: I think there's an update about GBW's cost doubling its initial budget.. from around 11 million to 20 million? I'm no good with the babelfish and even worst with numbers, but I think that's the headline. :sweatingbullets:

Anyone with better gist to re-cap would be highly appreciated. :blush:

Ching.. anyone.. do you hunnies have the clip? :sweatingbullets:

Thanks for telling me about it, H.. I'll edit the link out later.

rubie, which clip do you mean? :unsure:

I have 2 clips, but not sure if they are the one you want.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/he...s/ssh_lbh_1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/he...s/ssh_sjs_1.jpg

Park Yong-ha & So Ji-seop were there too.

I think the captures are from this vod.

From http://www.leebyunghun.com/

http://www.leebyenghun.com/gallery/etc/vod/twomanshow.wmv

Shorter version, only BH and SSH

from gachapin.web.infoseek.co.jp/video_9b.html

http://gachapin.web.infoseek.co.jp/man3.wmv

Repost from bhjwlov.com

While browsing through youtube, I found this old clip of BH in 2003 sbs awards.

File uploaded to megaupload

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U9WW4K60

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: BOOKS.COM (ships internationally; these pictures are their selected previews for these magazines [mostly Japanese] )

韓星影視全紀錄2003~2007:附DVD

KOREAN FILM/TV BOOK 2003~2007 (release date: 2007.12.10)

M010015969_bc_01.jpg

*P.1-【特別附錄】DVD

收錄了2003年到2007年這4年之間本誌特別前往韓國取材的連續劇與電影記者會現場報導,包含了「三姐妹的情人」、「悲傷戀歌」、「外出」…以及多位人氣明星獨家專訪。本DVD需搭配2區碼的DVD設備播映,或電腦具有相對應的播放軟體。

M010015969_b_01.jpg

*P.6- 2002-2003年電視電影介紹

2002-2003年開始韓國電影正漸漸發展出多部讓人印象深刻的作品,如崔智友主演「總統要出嫁」、裴勇俊主演「醜聞」…,在連續劇部分則有「大長今」、「夏日香氣」、「茶母」、「天國的階梯」、「美麗的日子」、「小爸爸上學去」…等作品。

M010015969_b_06.jpg

M010015969_b_28.jpg

THE BEST OF POP ASIA 2 (release: 2007/07/23)

M020006809_b_27.jpg

*P.27-李秉憲

李秉憲以自然散發而出的成熟男人味以及充滿自信的微笑讓他成為韓流界的天王之一,在近幾年積極轉戰大螢幕,除了參與韓國本地電影的演出之外,近期更特別受邀演出日本話題電影『HERO』,甚至在跨國合作的好萊塢電影也能看到李秉憲精湛的演技,本誌收錄了電影『純愛中毒』在日本的記者會實況。

KOREAN WAVE 21 (release date: 2007/05/10)

M010013885_bc_01.jpg

M010013885_b_01.jpg

M010013885_b_12.jpg

KOREA act. VOL.12 (release date: 2007/04/01)

M010014249_b_38.jpg

*P.38-李秉憲訪日紀念特輯

^ Thanks for the magazines captures, H.. awesome sharing! :wub:

rubie, which clip do you mean? :unsure:

I have 2 clips, but not sure if they are the one you want.

Repost from bhjwlov.com

While browsing through youtube, I found this old clip of BH in 2003 sbs awards.

Oops.. hold on.. hold on.. I think the one kdramafanusa was referring to was the Happy Together SBS party clip that was on YouTube, with Japanese subs. I've only seen this on YouTube.. never had it downloaded before. I made some screencaps from it. http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8084/sbspartyce0.jpg

The one at SSH's birthday party was uploaded by Shirley on YouTube. I think (I haven't double-check this) it's the twomanshow clip.. and of course, there's the Kim Hye Soo talkshow with BH & SSH after they did Happy Together, the wonderful translation we've read before. The Youtube clip should be alright, unless Shirley removed it as well.

So.. I think it's most probably the YouTube clip by reikolbh, from the SBS party for Happy Together cast and crew.. that's no longer active. If I'm not mistaken, reikolbh had a number of BH clips on YouTube but now no more. :sweatingbullets: Did you manage to dl and save that one, Ching? :blush:

Let me check some of the links, ok. It's good to update and compile the clips now. Just in case.. :blush:

Guest kdramafanusa

The one at SSH's birthday party was uploaded by Shirley on YouTube. I think (I haven't double-check this) it's the twomanshow clip.. and of course, there's the Kim Hye Soo talkshow with BH & SSH after they did Happy Together, the wonderful translation we've read before. The Youtube clip should be alright, unless Shirley removed it as well.

The 'Happy Together' clip is okay, the others no longer work. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I'll post more captures of BH later, I accidently closed the search page; I remember seeing lots of them at that site. =)

Rubie, do these pics take too long to load? Is it a better idea to turn them into thumbnails instead?

Repost from bhjwlov.com

Hyc, thanks for reposting these. :)

The clip with BH & SSH only is subbed, should we translate what they said? Or is it available already?

The long clip isn't subbed so I can't help on the translation part.

The 'Happy Together' clip is okay, the others no longer work. I'm sorry for the confusion.

I'll post more captures of BH later, I accidently closed the search page; I remember seeing lots of them at that site. =)

Rubie, do these pics take too long to load? Is it a better idea to turn them into thumbnails instead?

Oh.. that's good to hear. The HT clip still work. :blush: No worries.. I can actually confuse myself :wacko: even more.. hence the blurpanda tag. ^^

Some pics do take awhile to upload, depending on the source & connection. Imageshack and Photobucket-uploaded images should be alright but if there a lot of pics (and especially if they're not really new ones).. maybe using thumbnails would be best. If you have the caps on imageshack or photobucket.. we can easily create the thumbelinas. :lol:

---

By the way, H.. thanks for this.. I'll just quote and copy.. hehee. :P

April 10, 2008 (thanks to kdramafanusa's posting at the News thread)

Movie industry struggling with slowdown

"The Chaser (Chugyeokja)," a Korean thriller directed by Na Hong-jin, has turned out to be a surprising hit in the slump-laden local film industry in the first quarter. Released on Feb. 14, it is still showing strong performances at the box office, outsmarting other Korean and foreign competitors.

If the current trend continues, the ticket sales of the thriller is now expected to reach the 5-million landmark soon, possibly emerging as the most successful Korean film in the first half of 2008.

The trailblazing success of "The Chaser" at the box office reflects the dearth of successful Korean flicks. Even foreign films are not faring so well, with Hollywood blockbusters mysteriously absent in the box office slots.

200804090014.gif

The problem with the film lineup in April has been compounded by the current downturn hitting local productions and distributors hard. Discouraged by the poor showings of major Korean films last year, production houses are delaying the release dates of some of the most promising movies like "Modern Boy" until the second half of this year. Director Jung Ji-woo's "Modern Boy" features top-notch actors Park Hae-il and Kim Hye-soo in a retro style story set in the vibrant 1930s. A series of promotional materials touting the movie's delicate depiction of cafes, coffee shops, and department stores in that era have been distributed, but the film's production house decided to put off the release.

"The Good, The Bad, The Weird," a big-budget Korean film that unfolds in Manchuria, is also unlikely to greet local moviegoers any time soon. Well-known Korean Wave stars Lee Byung-hun, Song Kang-ho and Jung Woo-sung play exotic roles -- a bandit, a train robber and a bounty hunter -- and expectations were rising high. But producers experienced cold feet about the negative sentiment in the film industry, rescheduling its release date to the second half.

The delays suggest that local production houses sponsoring big-budget projects are reluctant to stage a direct showdown with Hollywood blockbusters in the May-July period. At the same time, investors are highly cautious about Korean films, citing the frequent commercial failures and cutting off the much-needed funds for new projects. To reduce risks and stay afloat, production houses are taking all the steps necessary to turn a profit, leading to the lack of new releases in recent months.

On the weekend, Korean filmmaker Gong Su-chang's thriller "GP506" secured the top position at the box office, selling 190,000 tickets. Trailing behind were "Three Kingdoms," a Korea-China joint project that drew in 170,000 moviegoers. Even considering the slump, it is unusual when box-office leaders fall short of taking in less than 200,000 viewers.

This week, Korean-American director Lee Jie-ho's debut feature "The Air I Breathe" is hitting theaters featuring a high-profile American cast, including Brendan Fraser and Andy Garcia, in an labyrinthine tale. But this movie is unlikely to infuse a momentum to a box office stuck with slow ticket sales and an absence of major hits.

By Yang Sung-jin (insight@heraldm.com)

Source: Korea Herald

Guest kdramafanusa

Some pics do take awhile to upload, depending on the source & connection. Imageshack and Photobucket-uploaded images should be alright but if there a lot of pics (and especially if they're not really new ones).. maybe using thumbnails would be best. If you have the caps on imageshack or photobucket.. we can easily create the thumbelinas. :lol:

---

By the way, H.. thanks for this.. I'll just quote and copy.. hehee. :P

I was about to post this too, but I wanted to reply to you & Hyc first; had to wait 10 minutes to post another message.

Okay, I'll upload the pics to photobucket later. Will keep the ones I really like in their original size maybe? Hehe.

Rubie, is it just me? Soompi is really....really slow tonight, I have to wait a while for every single operation.