Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

August 29, 20141480693_426657734128928_726025741_n.jpg? 로피시엘옴므 코리아(L'Officiel Hommes Korea)
1544509_559825257478841_7778624253773754

August 31, 2014 (related LBH excerpt only)
Idols In Print: The K-Pop Male MasculinityBy Jenna R. | KpopStarz
It seems that posing in the magazine does not only apply to women, as the men of K-pop are also showing their masculinity and toughness. Also, more and more magazines have been recently featuring men. Meanwhile, rising international star, Lee Byung Hun is featured in the latest issue of L'Officiel Homes. The actor gives more idea on the more matured male's outfit especially on a work day.lee-byung-hun.jpg?w=600Since it is just a few days away from Fall, most of the outfits show colours that is usually seen in the Autumn season. It also gives a hint on what men's fashion will be this autumn. Men being often featured in magazines only proves that men are also getting vain when it comes to their appearance and their style.

September 4, 2014
Lee Byung Hun to Legally Confront Malicious Netizens Spreading False Rumors
CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun  Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

Lee Byung Hun hinted that he will be strongly confronting online commenters who have been spreading false rumors regarding his recent blackmail case.
Lee Byung Hun′s agency, BH Entertainment stated through a press release on September 3, "This is clearly a premeditated crime, as [the women] had already conspired and booked plane tickets to Europe, ready to leave the country after blackmailing and receiving the money."
The statement continued, "As they′ve demanded five billion won, based on article 3 of the special economic criminal laws on specific crimes, it is a serious criminal offense that could have them in jail for at least five years to life."
"Despite the fact that he is the clear victim of a premediated crime, before the case was even investigated, his identity was revealed by the media with facts that weren′t even confirmed, causing him to receive damage a second time with malicious and speculative rumors," said the agency. 
"These speculative malicious rumors have risen to the level where it′s impossible to remain a spectator, and as it can be seen as the commentors participating in the crime, we have already requested for an investigation by the cyber investigative team and plan on strongly and legally handling the problem." 
Earlier this day, the Seoul Central District Court acknowledged that the summoned criminal charges are serious and there is a need and reason for arrest. A warrent was issued to arrest the two women who blackmailed Lee Byung Hun. 

September 3, 2014
Dahee and B were prepared to flee after threatening Lee Byung-hunhttp://www.hancinema.net/dahee-and-b-were-prepared-to-flee-after-threatening-lee-byung-hun-73038.html

It turns out that Glam member Dahee and model 'B' were planning on fleeing the country after threatening actor Lee Byung-hun.
BH Entertainment stated through official reports, "This is a premeditated crime as the suspects schemed to steal from Lee Byung-hun and run off to another country, judging by the fact that they had already prepared passports to Europe. They asked for 5 billion won which refers to the special criminal law which can sentence them to up to 5 years in prison". This reference comes from the police.
Dahee and 'B' used a video of dirty jokes to threaten Lee Byung-hun for 5 billion won. They were arrested on the day of charge and the graveness of their charge and need for confinement has been acknowledged. The fact that they planned to run away to Europe also affected the decision of confinement by the court.
Meanwhile, BH Entertainment stated, "Although Lee Byung-hun is the victim here, media has been reporting unidentified facts which has led to rumors and speculations, causing more harm. We have decided that these rumors and speculations can't be left dismissed so we have submitted a request for research to the Cyber Investigations and this will be dealt with forcefully".

Please take care! 

September 3, 2014

Lee Byung Hun’s Agency Claims There Is Secondary Damage From Malicious Rumorshttp://www.soompi.com/2014/09/03/lee-byung-huns-agency-claims-there-is-secondary-damage-from-malicious-rumors/

Lee Byung Hun was recently involved in a scandal where he had been blackmailed by two women—one revealed to be Dahee of girl group GLAM and a model, who is just known as “A.” While an arrest warrant have been issued for the two blackmailers, Lee Byung Hun’s management agency, BH Entertainment, warned against spreaders of false rumors.
On September 3, BH Entertainment released an official statement regarding the case, claiming, “The crime of this case has been revealed to be fully intentional and pre-planned, seeing that they had already purchased a ticket for a Europe vacation before the blackmail.” They continued their statement by emphasizing the secondary damage that Lee Byung Hun is receiving due to false rumors that are currently being spread on the Internet. They claimed, “Despite being the victim of a premeditated crime, Lee Byung Hun is experiencing secondary damage from the indiscreet news articles that give rise to speculative rumors about a case that hasn’t even been fully investigated. These speculative and malicious rumors that are being spread over the Internet have now crossed the line. They can be seen as encouraging the crime at hand so we have already submitted a case to the cyber investigation team as well. We will take any legal action necessary to stop this.”
Meanwhile, the suspects, Dahee and model “A,” claimed to have had obscene conversations with Lee Byung Hun while drinking together this past June. They also claimed that they had a video that recorded these conversations, and demanded five billion won (approximately five million USD) from the actor this past August. If he didn’t give them the money they threatened to spread it across the Internet.
On September 3, Gangnam Police Department requested an arrest warrant for the two perpetrators for attempted threat. The arrest warrant was granted later that day.
Here is a translation of the official statement by BH Entertainment:

[size=2]

Hello. This is BH Entertainment.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

Today, September 3, Seoul Central District Court granted an arrest warrant for the two suspects, saying that “the crime at hand is one that is critical and needs imprisonment.”

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

This crime was a premeditated conspiracy, where the suspects had already purchased tickets for an escape to Europe. Also, based on article three of the Additional Punishment Law on Specific Crimes, the demand for five billion won is a serious felony that can end up with at least a five-year to life imprisonment.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

However, despite being the victim of a premeditated crime, Lee Byung Hun is experiencing secondary damage from the indiscreet news articles that give rise to speculative rumors about a case that hasn’t even been fully investigated.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

These speculative and malicious rumors that are being spread over the Internet have now crossed the line. They can be seen as encouraging the crime at hand so we have already submitted a case to the cyber investigation team as well. We will take any legal action necessary to stop this act.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

We respectfully request to please take care so that the case at hand will not be misled by any broad interpretations or any false rumors and reports being made.

[/size][size=2]

[/size][size=2]

Thank you.

[/size]

September 5, 2014
1525069_579726218779556_344676722_n.jpg? BH entertainment

10665995_702055066546670_132651091327481
"This is Lee Byung Hun.
I know that many of you felt extreme disappointment due to this recent incident. Neither my mind nor my heart are working properly, and I'm currently passing the time by just breathing.
No matter if the incident was planned or whether I was threatened, before I blame those things I know that it all started because of my carelessness and lack of virtue, and I deeply regret my actions and am spending my time reflecting on them. As an actor who received love from many people, I'm feeling the responsibility in my bones. 
And what's most important and causes me the most pain is that I disappointed and hurt those I love and care for the most. Though they're receiving so much unwanted attention and going through a difficult time because of me, I'll be trying my hardest for the rest of my life to no longer disappoint my family and wife who've stood beside me.
Though I can't take back the disappointment I've caused you, I'll use discretion for everything in the future. I'll try to live by doing my best with the work I'm given, and I will always reflect on how big the responsibility of the love and interest you give me is."
Source

September 5, 2014 

Lee Byung Hun Writes a Handwritten Letter About Recent Blackmail Scandalhttp://www.soompi.com/2014/09/05/lee-byung-hun-writes-a-handwritten-letter-about-recent-blackmail-scandal/

Actor Lee Byung Hun took to a handwritten letter to apologize to his fans for any hurt he may have given them because of his scandal with his blackmailers.
On September 5, Lee Byung Hun’s letter was posted on his agency’s, BH Entertainment, Facebook page. It reads:
This is Lee Byung Hun.
Knowing that this incident has disappointed you, unable to do the role in my mind and heart, all I can do is just breathe.
Before I can put any blame on whether it was premeditated or that I was threatened, I am reflecting with deep regret that this all started because of my carelessness and lack of virtue. Because I am an actor that receives love from many people, I painfully feel great responsibility.
Above all, and what hurts my heart the most, is that I have greatly hurt and disappointed my precious loved ones. I will do what I can to prevent any more disappointments to my wife and family who have been by my side despite having received much attention, pain, and difficulties because of me. 
Although I cannot take back time or your disappointment, I will take care to be more careful in the future. I will never forget how great the weight of your love and attention is, and with a reflective mind will try to live committed to the things that were given to me. leebyunghun_letter.jpg
BH Entertainment told reporters, “Lee Byung Hun’s will to apologize to his fans himself was strong. He wrote this letter with the mindset that silence is not the answer to the misunderstanding and speculations that have been hurting him. We ask that you understand his sincerity and to refrain from misunderstandings and speculations.”

Source 

September 6, 2014
Lee Byung Heon makes an official apology regrading the recent blackmail issue
Source: STARN News
20140905182730_540982021a7aa_1.jpg
Lee Byung Heon made an official apology regarding the recent blackmail issue.
On September 5th, actor Lee Byung Heon uploaded a handwritten letter on BH Entertainment's official Facebook.
In the letter, Lee Byung Heon wrote, "I realize how much I disappointed all of you, and I am just living through every day with deep regrets, and reflection on my faults."
He went on, "Even though I am the victim in this case, I realize that everything began from my thoughtless deeds, and I am spending time of deep regrets. I also felt the weight of responsibility that I have as an actor with so many supporters once again."
He also wrote, "A great number of other people are going through difficulties because of me, but I will do my best to not let my wife and family down again."
He added, "I will never be able to pay this disappointment back, but I will never forget the value of your supports, and keep doing my best in my career."
Meanwhile, girl group GLAM's Da Hee and model Lee Ji Yeon were sued recently for blackmailing Lee Byung Heon.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

Thanks to Barbara for the highlight from Angel70
Star ChronicleACTOR LEE BYUNG-HUN
Star Chronicle is a new segment that gives you a chronological view of Korean stars. And the first guest of our new segment is world star Lee Byung-hun.
Lee Byung-hun with 24 years of experience as an actor has starred in 19 dramas and 17 movies so far. He′s internationally renowned for his handsome looks and impeccable acting skills, and we′re going to learn all there′s to know about this actor right now. 
Showbiz Korea - ACTOR LEE BYUNG-HUN

Sendspace

September 6, 2014
Lee Byung Hun, “I am trying not to disappoint my wife Lee Min Jung”
Source: Innolife Korea
Lee Byung-Hun who was threatened by Da-Hee in Glam and the model Miss A, posted his handwriting apology to his official homepage. On 5th Lee Byung-Hun's notice through his homepage on 5th, “I know that you were indescribably disappointed, so I am also living with only my breath. No matter it was planned, or not, before I blame that, it was started from my careless act. I feel regret and I take time for self-examination.” The accident starts from Da-Hee in Glam and the model Miss A, threatened that they took a video that Lee Byung-Hun drunk with them and told filthy jokes and unless he gives 5 billion they will spread the video to internet. The charge of two women was blamed but the fact that Lee Byung-Hun who was married had a drink with two women was also blamed by public. For this Lee Byung-Hun said, “As an actor loved by many people, I feel sense of responsibility. What is the most important and heartbreaking is that I disappointed and hurt to my precious people. Though I cannot restore your disappointment, I will take action carefully, and I always do my best with self-reflection.”

389797_233955460003928_1058817455_n.jpg? Skydance Productions
We'll be back... and now you know when: we've just announced the release dates for all THREE new Terminator films, beginning with Terminator Genisys on July 1, 2015, and continuing in the summers of 2017 and 2018!
safe_image.php?d=AQAgNaEk6l73YT2I&w=484&

September 5, 2014

New Terminator Films Coming in 2015, 2017 and 2018!
We don't have a working Time Displacement Device, but we can give you a look into the future of the Terminator universe!
Our partners at Paramount Pictures have now confirmed release dates for all three films in the new trilogy, which will begin with the premiere of Terminator Genisys on July 1, 2015.
The second new Terminator film will be released on May 19, 2017, and the trilogy will conclude in the third film, to be released on June 29, 2018.

September 10, 2014
Lee Byung-hun's still cuts from "The Insiders"
Source: Nate via Hancinema.net
201409110833561123_1.jpg
Pictures of Lee Byung-hun as a political hoodlum have been released.
"The Insiders" is a criminal drama that digs through the corruption of the Korean society starring Lee Byung-hun as the political hoodlum, Jo Seung-woo as a passionate investigator and Baek Yoon-sik, a wise media advisor.
Based on the original web-toon, "The Insiders" is directed by Woo Min-ho from "Man of Vendetta".
Lee Byung-hun stars in the movie as Ahn Sang-goo, a man who seeks revenge when his life is ruined after completing a variety of work for the ones with power.
In the pictures, Lee Byung-hun appears to be much tougher and manlier than he's ever been and he's also going to be acting using an accent which he's never used before.
Lee Byung-hun said, "I feel the heat on the set. I expect the movie to be a great one with all the hard work by the cast and staff".

September 10, 2014

Stills Released Ahead of Lee Byung Hun’s Upcoming “The Insiders” Moviehttp://www.soompi.com/2014/09/10/stills-released-ahead-of-lee-byun-huns-upcoming-the-insiders-movie/

Insiders.jpg
The makers of forthcoming thriller “The Insiders” have released a set of still images from the film. The movie will star Lee Byung Hun, who will play the role of a gangster seeking revenge. The screenplay was based on an Internet comic series of the same name, and is set in a seedy underworld rife with corruption and double-dealing.
Insiders2.jpg
The film has been gaining attention ever since cast and crew began shooting in early summer this year, and veteran actors such as Jo Seung Woo and Baek Yoon Sik are also set to feature.

Lee Byung Hun has explained that he feels fans are in for a treat when “The Insiders” is released. The actor said, “I could feel a lot of passion going into what we were doing at the studio. We have a great group of actors on board and a top production team working on this movie. I expect it will be a really great film.”
Insiders1.jpg

September 11, 2014
Agency Denies Scandal Between Lee Byung Hun and Model who Attempted to Blackmail Him
Newsen Jo Yeon Kyung  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Lee Byung Hun’s agency has released another official statement. 
BH Entertainment released a press release on September 11 denying the rumor that model A, who was one of the two women who threatened Lee Byung Hun, was Lee Byung Hun’s girlfriend and threatened him to give her 5 billion won upon hearing his decision to break up.
The agency revealed, “He never even met alone with her so we have no idea how the word ‘break up’ came about.” 
The agency added, “Lee Byung Hun felt that the suspects had other intentions when they told him they were struggling financially, which made him decide to cut off contact with them and we think that’s where the misunderstanding came from. We can only interpret that they planned it all out, as they even prepared a travel bag to carry 5 billion won.”
The following is the official statement from Lee Byung Hun’s agency
Hello, this is BH Entertainment.
Lee Byung Hun met suspects Lee and Kim through an acquaintance of his at the end of June and he never met them alone so we have no idea how the word ‘break up’ came about.
Lee Byung Hun felt that the suspects had other intentions when they told him they are struggling financially, which made him decide to cut off contact with them and we think that’s where the misunderstanding came from.
According to the police investigation, they secretly filmed a video with a smartphone app in the beginning of July and began looking for tickets to Europe and even prepared a travel bag to hold 5 billion won, which only leads us to think that they planned their actions.
What we claimed on the police report matched up with what the suspects told the authorities, which led to the arrest investigation. We think they are trying to avoid severe punishment by making their act seem like it was accidental when it was a planned one, and purposely scarring us for self-defense.
We will be watching the investigation to find more about what other intentions they had. Please don’t sympathize with unconfirmed facts, as we will be the first to let you know when the accurate facts and results come out.

September 12, 2014
Lee Byung Heon's new movie, 'Memories of the Sword' becoming a hot issue
Source: STARN News 20140911_mots.jpg
Lee Byung Heon's upcoming film, 'Memories of the Sword,' is getting hot reactions from overseas.

'Memories of the Sword' is a story of three swordsmen, Jon-gul, Seol-rang, and Deok-gi, who led an uprising during the Goryeo dynasty.
A 5-minute highlight video was presented at Cannes Film Market back in May, and a great number of buyers from other countries showed explosive reactions.
It is said that many buyers were deeply impressed by the actors and actresses' fabulous collaboration, charisma, and powerful scenes.
A representative said, "Many people are showing great reactions for Lee Byung Heon and Jeon Do Yeon's collaboration. Buyers from many different countries are showing huge anticipation for the movie."
Meanwhile, the production company of 'Memories of the Sword' will sign export contracts during Busan International Film Festival Market, and American Film Market.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com