Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest kimchibabe

^

This I like..his sexiest smile. :rolleyes:

Hope we can get to read about that interview but it will be about G.I. Joe for sure, oh well. :mellow:

Guest piano_lady

hey hunnies! sharing you this... ;)

reposting from KMM's thread!

Here's another update...reposting from MyungMin International

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Translation to Chinese with thanks to Yanzi from 5d6d, posted by Candy.

Original article found here. (Thanks to wai for the English translation!)

Korean actors pit their acting skills in the fight for box office ratings in the second half of the year

2009.07.22 Translator: Yanzi Source: Movie Web

Fight.jpg

Clockwise from top left Jang Dong-gun, Kim Myung-min, Kang Dong-won, Lee Byung-hun

In the upcoming films in the second half of 2009, what's most prominent should be the transformation the actors go through. They are – the one who fights with the "muscle atrophy disease", Kim Myung-min, a "president" who is filled with humanity, Jang Dong-gun, the villain in a Hollywood movie, Lee Byung-hun and Kang Dong-won who becomes Jeon Woo-chi.

Kim Myung-min plans to move the audience to tears with the 2009 film "My Love By My Side" which will be released in the fall. "My Love By My Side" depicts a man who's mentally and emotionally sound, but his body is gradually paralyzed by one of the world's most cruel diseases – the Lou Gehrig's Disease. The touching story is about Jong-woo, played by Kim Myung-min, who has to struggle with the disease, and Ji-soo, played by Ha Ji-wan, who stays by him. Kim Myung-min revealed that in order to play the role of a Lou Gehrig's Disease patient well, he went through a painful process mentally and physically. When he was filming for "Beethoven Virus", his weight reached 72kg, but for the filming of "My Love By My Side", his weight dropped to 52kg. While preparing for the filming, he even had nightmares occasionally, dreaming that he had been diagnosed with the Lou Gehrig's Disease. Kim Myung-min expressed that he does not want to lose weight drastically again.

"Good Morning, Mr President" is Jang Dong-gun's latest film after the 2005 movie "Typhoon". It is directed by Jang Jin, and is a comedy about three presidents. In the movie, Jang Dong-gun plays a young charming president. When asked why he chose this film, Jang Dong-gun says that it's a challenge for him to act in a comedy as he has been playing tragic roles in the past. Since this is a chance for him to greet the audience with laughter, he decided to act in "Good Morning, Mr President".

Lee Byung-hun displays agile skills in the upcoming "G.I. Joe: The Rise of The Cobra" which will start screening on the 6th of August. This will mark his entrance into Hollywood and Korean fans are curious about his parts in the show. "G.I. Joe" is an action movie that shows the fight between the terrorist group, the "Cobra Command" and the heroes, G.I. Joe. Lee Byung-hun plays the role of a villain ninja in the show.

Kang Dong-won in turn transforms into a Jeon Woo-chihi. The movie "Tale of Jeon Woo-chi" tells a story of a magician, Jeon Woo-chi who was sealed in an ancient scroll for a crime he did not commit and what happened 500 years later when he was released from captivity and had to fight against evil goblins in Modern Korea. This film is directed by Choi Dong-hun, who has directed films such as "The Big Swindle". The cast includes Kang Dong-won, Kim Yun-seok, Im Su-jeong, Yu Hae-jin, Yum Jung-ah. Production cost was 100 billion won(about 5000million RMB), and is one of the most anticipated films in the second half of 2009.

Kang Dong-won who plays the lead character in "Tale of Jeon Woo-chi", took lessons in stunts, fencing and fighing to prepare for the show. According to the producers of the show, wire stunts took up almost 50% of the show, but Kang Dong-woo did not use a stuntman, resulting in injuries. The film will be released in December 2009.

[Movie web] http://www.m1905.com exclusive article

So looking forward to GI Joe! yohoo! :D

July 27, 2009

Japan GI Joe

20090727222704293.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun greets fans during the Japan premiere of his latest film

"G.I. Joe:The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo, Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

20090727222803755.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun waves to fans during the Japan premiere of his latest film

"G.I. Joe:The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo, Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

pap20090727128801008_p2.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun, left, and director Stephen Sommers pose for photographers

during the Japan premiere of their latest film "G.I. Joe:The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo, Monday,

July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

Source: News1 l News2 l News3

Captures at pandahunnie.wordpress.com

Guest kimchibabe

^

Oh my, he's in a three-piece suit and eyeglasses. Super formal if you ask me. And the color..gray and white? Well, maybe because its a world premiere, but then again.

But BH is just beaming. Well this is his moment and I'm just so super proud of him. Way to go, Byunghun-ssi!!

Rubie, how can i watch the program in KBS through internet?

I have been searching it though i cant find anything...pls do help me..thanks...

http://able.kbs.co.kr/live/

Save this as 'Favorites'.. choose 2TV for KBS2. The live streaming connection is usually very good. The last I saw was 'That Fool' and a bit of "Partner' as well as the documentary that BH narrated.. haven't been checking the streaming lately, hopefully it doesn't get affected by the new copyright law in Korea.

July 27, 2009

Park Chan-wook's Films to Be Screened at KOFA

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia

Staff Reporter

A special retrospective of the films by award-winning director Park Chan-wook will be held at the Cinematheque, Korean Film Archive (KOFA) next month.

The retrospective is part of the Cinematheque KOFA's monthly Replay program. There will be special screenings of Park's films, starting from his directorial debut "The Moon Is.. The Sun's Dream" (1992) to his latest film "Thirst." "Thirst," a film about a priest who becomes a vampire, won the Jury Prize at this year's Cannes International Film Festival.

Also to be screened are Park's so-called vengeance trilogy films, "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance," (2002), "Old Boy," (2003) and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," (2005). Park won the Grand Prix at Cannes in 2004 for "Old Boy."

There will also be film screenings of "Joint Security Area (2000)," and "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK" (2006).

Tickets are free. The Cinematheque KOFA is located in Mapo, Sangnam-dong. Visit www.koreanfilm.org or call 02-3153-2032.

Credits: cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH

Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery & Related updates here

EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude

July 27, 2009

"G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra" Japan Premiere

Source: Yahoo kr 1 / 2 / 3 / GBWcafe.daum 4427 / torontosun.com / zimbio.com / Daum various media-portals as stated on the images

jpjoe_1.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun greets fans during the Japan premiere of his latest film

jpjoe_2.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun waves to fans during the Japan premiere of his latest film

jpjoe_3.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun, left, and director Stephen Sommers pose for photographers

during the Japan premiere of their latest film "G.I. Joe:The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo, Monday,

July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

jpjoe_15.jpg

jpjoe_5.jpg

Left to right; U.S. actors Marlon Wayans, Rachel Nichols, Channing Tatum, British actress Sienna Miller and South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun pose for photographers during the Japan premiere of their latest film "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

jpjoe_7.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun waves to fans during the Japan premiere of his latest film "G.I. Joe:

The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo, Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

jpjoe_13.jpg

jpjoe_8.jpg

Left to right; Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, U.S. actors Marlon Wayans, Rachel Nichols, Channing Tatum, British actress Sienna Miller, South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun and director Stephen Sommers pose for photographers during the Japan premiere of their latest film "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

jpjoe_29.jpg

Japanese fans, mostly South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun's supporters, wave to cast members at the red carpet

ceremony of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo July 27, 2009. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

jpjoe_10.jpg

Lee Byung-hun and Rachel Nichols attend a red carpet ceremony in Tokyo July 27, 2009.

REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

jpjoe_30.jpg

jpjoe_28.jpg

Actor Lee Byung-hun attend the "G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra" Japan Premiere at Lalaport Toyosu on July 27, 2009 in Tokyo, Japan. The film will open on August 7 in Japan. (Photo by Junko Kimura/Getty Images AsiaPac)

jpjoe_52.jpg

jpjoe_48.jpg

Cast members, British actress Sienna Miller (L) and South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun attend the premiere of the movie 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra', in Tokyo, Japan, 27 July 2009. Directed by Stephen Sommers, 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra' will open in Japan on 07 August. EPA/FRANCK ROBICHON

'G.I. Joe' premiere in Tokyo

Last Updated: 27th July 2009, 12:20pm

jp1u.jpg

Left to right; U.S. actors Marlon Wayans, Rachel Nichols, Channing Tatum, British actress Sienna Miller and South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun pose for photographers during the Japan premiere of their latest film "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

jp2.jpg

South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun waves to fans during the Japan premiere of his latest film "G.I. Joe:

The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo, Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

jp3q.jpg

Left to right; Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, U.S. actors Marlon Wayans, Rachel Nichols, Channing Tatum, British actress Sienna Miller, South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun and director Stephen Sommers pose for photographers during the Japan premiere of their latest film "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo Monday, July 27, 2009. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

jp4i.jpg

Japanese fans, mostly South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun's supporters, wave to cast members at the red carpet

ceremony of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" in Tokyo July 27, 2009. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

jp5b.jpg

Lee Byung-hun ® and Rachel Nichols attend a red carpet ceremony in Tokyo July 27, 2009.

REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

Source: torontosun.com

Guest Janie Simply

Wow, Storm Shadow has unmasked...

Wow wow, BH's GI Joe camaraderies had entered his territory and must be so thunderstrucked by Storm Shadow's supporters...

Love the pose of BH & director Stephen Sommers up there... see how tight he grabbed him :)

oh love the happy crowd too -- high 5 everywhere... I love his cool pose on the last pic up there.

hey hunnies! sharing you this... ;)

Hello there Viennese lady aka KMM's lady, thanks for the enlightening posting... look like all those movies are a must watch... oh me liking 3 actors up there but don't know who Kang Dong-won is yet...

Guest Janie Simply

janice dear, I've seen one pic of LBH in a sageuk costume and let's just say I'm not too thrilled. :lol:

But, we know that BH is a chameleon and there is no role that he cant do well and with feelings.

After seeing him as Storm Shadow in GI Joe, BH as a ninja during the Chosun era will not be too difficult to imagine.

Btw, i love DAMO. It's one of my all-time K-drama faves. It's the only drama that made me appreciate HJW. But, the main attraction for me there is the marvelous acting of Lee Seo jin.

Hehee, me used to think that the one and only actor who looks good in saguek costume is Mr. JJH & didn't know LSJ can be so appealing too. Alright no saguek for Hunnie then <_<

Oh Ellabel, on Chosun ninja... you mean liken "Kim Min Joon as Jang Sung-Baek" in Damo or "Yoo Ji-tae as Nomi" in Hwang Jin Yi... :rolleyes: and LBH as "... " I want... I want :w00t:

DAMO is a gripping drama; such a tragedy and bitter sweet piece.

Love this KMJ guy, his appearance on the screen commands attention! I saw him in 'Lover in Prague' and his acting there is pretty flat.

This is the first time I watched HJW's acting, glad I got the best taste of her acting.

Looking forward to her collaboration with KMM in My Love... :)

Guest piano_lady

Hello there Viennese lady aka KMM's lady, thanks for the enlightening posting... look like all those movies are a must watch... oh me liking 3 actors up there but don't know who Kang Dong-won is yet...

You're welcome, janie! It's a pleasure!

KMM's lady? Sounds good! ^^

Well, those movies are good...and for me the must-watch are KMM's and LBH's!

I'm checking our JDG's coz of the eye candy and KDW's coz it's a sageuk! :D

Guest mailene28

Rubie, how can i watch the program in KBS through internet?

I have been searching it though i cant find anything...pls do help me..thanks...

I'm eager to watch how IRIS gonna be...am very excited yet frustrated of the delay of telecast

hopefully in the days come there still some good news that it gonna be shown early than October

because its long time to be wait...dahhhh...

TVAnts is one source..

2ywd81scopy.jpg

gijoen.jpg

a lot are anticipating for this movie.. thanks everyone for the wonderful pictures and updates!

Guest Janie Simply

You're welcome, janie! It's a pleasure!

KMM's lady? Sounds good! ^^

Well, those movies are good...and for me the must-watch are KMM's and LBH's!

I'm checking our JDG's coz of the eye candy and KDW's coz it's a sageuk! :D

Yes, KMM's lady suit you well ;) Hope to convert you into matey-Michelle-hunnie also B)

oh no, sageuk again... I thought I have had enough of Jewel in the Palace & Damo :sweatingbullets:

Alright since you recommended... will try to give it a shot esp if this KDW is placed with those guys up there... he must be a well sought after actor :blush:

p.s. hope he looks good in sageuk costume ;)

Can't wait to see Storm Shadow shoots down Eiffel Tower... just looking at the images from previous pages give me goose bumps... esp when I just finished watching Tour de France yesterday :sweatingbullets:

Guest kimchibabe

'G.I. Joe' premiere in Tokyo

Last Updated: 27th July 2009, 12:20pm

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4020/jp1u.jpg

This is one ecstatic bunch. So cool to see all the cast with our BH looking so close to them. Can't help noticing that BH has his arm on Sienna Miller's shoulder and Director Sommers has his arm on BH's shoulder too. Seems they have bonded well because of the movie.

Anyways, he stood out in his gray suit. Did he know that the others would probably be wearing black suits so he opted to be different? Nice move, BH. :P:D

^ I can't agree more, kimchibabe-ssi, Director Stephen Sommers seems to be really delighted with Byunghun-ssi.. as Janie mentioned, they finally saw actor Lee Byung Hun's real impact zone in Asia. It's good to see the close interaction he has with Sienna Miller, too.. after being partners-in-crime in the movie. :P

The three-piece gray suit.. totally a different outlook from ICWTR's world premiere. The gray suit (looks like new?) is simply the effect against the others' black ones. In fact all the actors look awesome in their suits and ties. rbhcool.gif Well done!

July 27, 2009

Sienna Miller Make Interesting Fashion Choice at 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' Premiere

Sienna Miller is a very beautiful woman, there's no denying it. So why, in all her beauty, would she choose to wear something so ridiculous looking to the Japan premiere of G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra? Anybody? Possibly to keep her breasts safe?

She seems to be wearing some sort of really sparkly, leopard-print thing that I just don't understand. Maybe it was in honor of the black leather catsuit costume she wore on the film. "Squeezing myself into that with the aid of talcum powder every day for five months was more than enough. I could barely move in it," says the beauty to reporters. OK, so why would you wear this?

Luckily Sienna's co-stars looked quite lovely. Rachel Nichols looked fabulous in red dress, while
the gentlemen of the night, Lee Byung-hun, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans, Stephen Sommers, and Lorenzo di Bonaventura all looked great in suits.
It's so easy for men to get dressed. That's not right.

Gallery Info: Oddly dressed Sienna Miller joins her G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra family, Lee Byung-hun, Rachel Nichols, Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan, Marlon Wayans, Stephen Sommers, and Lorenzo di Bonaventura, at the movie's premiere in Japan.

Source:

Hello to PRINCESS_GIRL ! welcome.gif to EverythingLBH, join us always! :lol:

YOU CAN'T SEE HIS FACE ON THE POSTERS

Korean star is in GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra, but ...

You can't see his face on the posters

KOREAN star Lee Byung Hyun's upcoming movie and first Hollywood film is GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra.

We speak to the bona fide hottie.

Your first Hollywood movie will premiere worldwide soon. Are you nervous or ecstatic?

This film is like all the Korean movies I've done. I'm never sure what the viewers' expectations are, so this will always make me nervous.

What do you mean by 'expectations'?

First, this is a movie that is both a big production and based on a popular comic. The character I play, Storm Shadow, is a far cry from my previous roles.

Simply because it's a comic-book character, I think the audience would already have set notions of what my character should be like. This translates into certain expectations.

There is one scene in the movie where you take off your top and show off your beautiful, chiselled body. There is also a scar on your torso which looks extremely sexy. Can you tell us more about the scene?

I had a detailed discussion with director Stephen Sommers before we shot the scene. My idea was to increase the intensity of the battle between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. I suggested losing the shirt to achieve this and the director thought it was a great idea. So we ended up shooting it that way.

How did you manage to achieve such a perfect physique? Did you restrict your diet and train vigorously daily?

I actually felt more like an athlete than an actor during this period when I was perfecting my body. I had no previous sword-wielding experience, so I had intensive lessons in swordplay.

There was also a fitness coach who would make sure that I exercised and did weight training daily. I was also extremely strict with my diet.

Did you mind the fact that your face could hardly be seen on the promotional posters for this movie?

When I accepted this role, I was fully aware of the film's content and where each character in the movie stood.

Out of the eight roles, I knew which were the leads and the supporting roles - and then there was my role. I just gave it my best shot. As for the lack of visibility in the movie posters, I'm not disappointed, nor do I have any thoughts about it.

Source : The New Paper

http://www.tnp.sg/show/story/0,4136,208966,00.html

Guest mailene28

^ I can't agree more, kimchibabe-ssi, Director Stephen Sommers seems to be really delighted with Byunghun-ssi.. as Janie mentioned, they finally saw actor Lee Byung Hun's real impact zone in Asia. It's good to see the close interaction he has with Sienna Miller, too.. after being partners-in-crime in the movie. :P

Sienna Miller is a very beautiful woman, there's no denying it. So why, in all her beauty, would she choose to wear something so ridiculous looking to the Japan premiere of G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra? Anybody? Possibly to keep her breasts safe?

oh, and I thought im the only one who doesnt like Sienna's dress.. :huh: she should have wear something like what Rachel Nichols wore. Rachel looks so elegant. i like the gentleman's suit though. all of them look so dashing specially ByungHun ssi. :blush:

more pictures from the event. this time from jpnews.kr

2009072848114932.jpg

2009072852442870.jpg

2009072851203389.jpg

2009072847281153.jpg

2009072848277148.jpg

2009072847518911.jpg

2009072846513171.jpg

200907284700725.jpg

2009072846192493.jpg

2009072851075814.jpg

2009072850128030.jpg

2009072849223656.jpg Channing's gf... sweet, he brought her with him

2009072849351873.jpg

2009072849468590.jpg omg.. look at Rachel's dress. :D

2009072850003119.jpg

LBH's the fans

2009072851554236.jpg

2009072851356699.jpg

Highlights at Korean media news l news l news l news l news l news l news l news l news updates

July 27, 2009

20090727jp.jpg

Lee Byunghun arrived in Tokyo Sunday night for interviews on July 27th with Hollywood Director Stephen Sommers exclusively for the ‘GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra’ Japanese promos. On Wednesday, the main cast and director will be in Seoul for the Korean leg of the international promotional activities.

Having worked together for the first time filming for the upcoming summer blockbuster, Director Sommer had warmly praised Byunghun-ssi as “very professional, with serious attitude and incredibly high effort to learn. If I get to be the director of the sequels, I would be happy to work with him again,” he said.

Recently a BH Entertainment representative had announced that LBH would be appearing in the sequels for GI Joe (a trilogy had been planned prior mentioned here). This will be of course, with great hope that the first movie achieved box-offoce success worldwide. We hope so!

Posted at pandahunnie.wordpress.com