Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks to the highlight at LBH712 fan-blog / lovelbh.com

April 14, 2009

udine1a.jpgudine1b.jpg

The 11th edition of Far East Film Festival will be held from Friday, April 24th to Saturday, May 2nd, 2009.

SOUTH KOREA

The Accidental Gangster, YEO Kyun-dong, 2008, period-action-comedy-romance, International Festival Premiere

Crush And Blush, LEE Kyoung-mi, 2008, black screwball comedy, Italian Premiere

A Frozen Flower, YOO Ha,2008,erotic-drama, Italian Premiere

The Good, The Bad, The Weird, KIM Jee-woon, 2008, eastern-western, Italian Premiere

Hello Schoolgirl, RYU Jang-ha, 2008, youth drama, International Festival Premiere

Life Is Cool, Equan CHOE, 2008, rotoscope-drama, International Festival Premiere

My Dear Enemy, LEE Yoon-ki,2008,drama, Italian Premiere

Rough Cut, JANG Hoon, 2008, gangster-movie, European Premiere

Scandal Makers, KANG Hyoung-chul, 2008, comedy, European Premiere

Source: www.fareastfilm.com

SOUTH KOREA / Feff 2009 - Guest Stars

KANG Hyoung-chul, director, Scandal Makers

KIM Jee-woon , director, The Good, The Bad, The Weird

LEE An-na, producer, Scandal Makers

SUH Youngjoo, producer, My Dear Enemy

Source & downloadable info: http://www.fareastfilm.com/easyne2/Archivi...F/0002/2151.pdf

Thanks to the highlight by deka_if at the News thread

April 16, 2009

Korean Culture Festival to Open in Central Asia

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

Hallyu or the Korean wave is leading the way to a modern-day Silk Road. The Korean Culture & Information Service of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korean Silk Road Foundation will open a Korean Culture Festival in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan from today to May 1.

Central Asia not only possesses rich resources and bright prospects for development, but is historically relevant to South Korea as the home to some 3.2 million ethnic Koreans ever since may were forced to move there from Siberia in 1937, said the Culture Ministry in a statement.

Korean cars, cell phones and electronic appliances can easily be found in central Asian homes, as well as fans of hallyu TV dramas like "Jewel in the Palace'' and "Winter Sonata.'' The Korean Culture Festival is aimed to boost cultural exchange and friendly bilateral relations with the aforementioned countries. In particular, Almaty, Kazakhstan has named the last week of April "Korea Week'' in time for the festival and will hold various events for the local Korean community.

The festival will feature live shows, movies and food exhibitions across four cities of the three countries, including the capitals. In addition to local performance troupes, various Korean artists will take the stage including B-boy (break dance) group Rivers Crew and folk musicians of the National Center for Korean Traditional Performing Arts.

Popular Korean films will be screened, including the hit romantic comedy "200-Pound Beauty,'' action thrillers "Typhoon'' and "Joint Security Area,'' and family dramas "The Way Home'' and "Herb.''

An exhibition featuring different aspects of Korean culinary art will take place, from Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910) court dishes to everyday favorite kimchi. Yoon Sook-Ja, director of Institute of Traditional Korean Food, will give a lecture on Korean cuisine.

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

February 26, 2009

A Remake of Ji-woon Kim’s A Bittersweet Life in the Works

A Bittersweet Life (Remake) Movie, Asian Movie News — By Nix on February 26, 2009

Ji-woon Kim’s “A Bittersweet Life” is one of those Korean gangster movies (Korea makes about a billion of these a year, give or take a couple of million) that really convinced me the Koreans were still making great movies that didn’t involve cute girls dying of unexplained medical maladies. Now it appears as if Hollywood is set to remake the film with the approval of CJ Entertainment, the movie’s original backers.

In the South Korean original, Byung-hun Lee (soon to be seen in Hollywood flicks “I Come with the Rain” and “G.I. Joe”) plays a suave gangster who is marked for death by his own crew. He’s buried alive, but somehow survives and comes back to exact some bloody revenge on his old boss. Much bloodletting ensue.

The film co-starred Min-a Shin, Yeong-cheol Kim, and Jeong-min Hwang, and was written and directed by Ji-woon Kim (”A Tale of Two Sisters”, as well as the recent “The Good, The Bad, and the Weird”).

News of the remake comes via an THR article talking about the movement by Korean film companies are making into the international market. No word on who will be doing the remake of “A Bittersweet Life”, or potential storylines and stars.

Source: beyondhollywood.com / hollywoodreporter.com

BSL screencaptures copied from GBW-cafe.daum 4071 / 4072

bsl_s02.jpg

bsl_s03.jpg

bsl_s04.jpg

bsl_s05.jpg

bsl_s06.jpg

:excl: I believe this is the complete?? / partly?? ELLE article in the April Taiwan issue that was recently highlighted by Sung-ja and silver_beam at the thread..

Much thanks to the link by cacao at lovelbh.com.. because personally, I wouldn't be able to find this.

Hope someone can really help with a more focused & accurate translation of the full article (if possible) to share with everyone here. It seems or perhaps not.. like a similar feature of the Men's Uno (same distributor??) articles that we only had few excerpts to read before.

It's been quite awhile since we had a new interview to read about BH, and something that touches (surprisingly) more than a personal level than what Byunghun-ssi would indulge the fans with.. in previous interviews he had given before.

If anyone could help, our Chinese friends/fans.. it would be highly encouraged and very much appreciated. please.gif

ELLE 2009/04/16

Article at mag.udn.com

f_1238995479959.jpg ELLE 2009年4月號;更多精采內容,請上ELLE.com

His Body and Soul 李秉憲 釋放身體與靈魂

撰文/SoYoung Park;編譯/Polly Chen

ELLE 2009年4月號;更多精采內容,請上ELLE.com

Guest mailene28

hi hi there! long time no post, but im always here. :)

thanks for all the updates hunnies!

rubie dear, i have a question, any movie of LBH included in Cannes Fest on May?!? i really hope he is included. i have a friend that will attend coz her boss is invited.. shes also an LBH fan. :D

rubie dear, i have a question, any movie of LBH included in Cannes Fest on May?!? i really hope he is included. i have a friend that will attend coz her boss is invited.. shes also an LBH fan. :D

We are still not sure till the official line-up is out this April 23rd but fans are indeed hoping that 'I Come With The Rain' will be included in the selection this year. Various sources including the Korean media have hinted that the movie might be premiering at the filmfest this year but no one is certain till we really see the official list.

It's a high possibility that the movie would be considered based on the director's credibility as well as it being a French production. But there's also the other situation when the movie failed to make an appearance in the past year's Cannes/Venice/Berlin fests due to an internal block.

But we will wait and see.. with ICWTR already set to debut in Japan this June, the 62nd Festival de Cannes this year could be the well-deserved cool prelude for the much-anticipated movie.

Hope your friend would be able to see BH there (if ICWTR and him going, we hopehopehope!) as many fans are obviously planning to be in Cannes this year for Byunghun-ssi.

Guest mailene28

i found an ARTICLE from innolife regarding BH. based on google trans, its about ICWTR to premier in Japan, US then France.. someone pls correct me if im wrong. :)

i found an ARTICLE from innolife regarding BH. based on google trans, its about ICWTR to premier in Japan, US the France.. someone pls correct me if im wrong. :)

That's right, mailene.. ICWTR is set to premiere in Japan on June 6th. It's confirmed & mentioned by various Japanese sites/fan blogs including BH's JOFC and Takuya Kimura related sites, too. The movie is finally seeing the light of day.. yupyup!

However, there hasn't been any English update yet (sadly) but we had talked & try to update ourselves about it in the previous page. :blush: June 6 - ICWTR back in action [X]

The Japanese premiere is indeed the turning point for the movie after much delay.. almost 1.5 years in waiting.

Pix from Iris :)

imgb3845caezik9zj.jpeg

Elle magazine April

070711_015-1.jpg

lbh-000721-1.jpg:sweatingbullets:

Trans can read here, he talked about different things, movies, drama and love, still haven't found a new one yet. BH oppa, you should move on and hoping you could find your life's love 1 happy day :)

http://74.125.77.132/translate_c?hl=no&amp...qMrkZUhV4IYLmKg

Iris's filming

http://tieba.baidu.com/%C0%EE%B1%FC%CF%DC/...6c4e130fd97504/

Baidu

Thanks Kim for the cool links, appreciate them. ^^

Hope we can still get an accurate translation for the ELLE article/interview.. not just to read about his lovelife but basically everything that's written about BH.. just miss him so much! He's sooooooooo quiet lately.. after the rather unexpected opening of his heart's desire!

Anyway, always wishing and hoping the BEST & HAPPIEST for Byunghun-ssi, no matter what he decides or whom he chooses..

zashi-hunnie.. for the HOT pics compilation, please check out the forum.. looking through the pages here might be too hard.. :wacko: .. between uhh.. fainting spells.. :P

--

ps: btw.. any youtube alternative for the Baidu IRIS links? I'm having a big snail day with baidu streamings.. :sweatingbullets:

Uhh.. blame it on rubes' horrible gisting :ph34r: but the more Korean updates googled regarding ICWTR seem to mention/indicate/focus that the Japanese premiere on June 6 will be the launch of its 'world premiere' which in my poor & limited understanding.. may mean that the film may not premiere in Cannes, come May.

Anyhoo.. rubie is also prone to make much mistakes.. an erratic soul.. always rambling things that didn't actually materialize. :sweatingbullets: So, I hope to be really wrong about this.. especially when there has not been one single English update on the ICWTR Japanese premiere despite the numerous Japanese/Korean news that we can only guessed about.

Just 3 days to the announcement of Cannes official selection.. and having this sinking feeling. :huh: Arrrgghhh.. those past no-show waiting is coming back to haunt. :crazy: *impatient panda*

Yupyup.. missing Byunghun-ssi terribly.. obvious to see from rubie's non-stop posts. :tears:

이병헌 첫 해외영화 6월6일 공개

Lee Byung-hun, first foreign film released June 6

fnn200409.jpg

Source: fnn.co.kr

^ Hi riehae, welcome back! ^^

April 20th, 2009

Joeph Gordon-Levitt Discusses Cobra Commander's Mask

Source: Air Force Times

Fan reactions to the first appearance of Cobra Commander (in action figure form) from the upcoming G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra was less than spectacular, but Joseph Gordon-Levitt wants fans to realize that the way the figure is not the way he'll appear in the film. Gordon-Levitt spoke to the AP about the movie where he said "That toy is not my face. It's a mask. I like that I get to keep my face," he said. "It has less to do with me and more to do with this character that I helped create. That's more thrilling to me. It's this thing that was born out of a creative, collaborative process between me and a bunch of other people that all worked on creating this character."

Levitt went on to say that the designs of the character within the film are actually far cooler, and are the reason he agreed to do G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra. "The way the character looks, that's what ultimately convinced me to do the part," he says. "I saw the designs and drawings of the way they interpreted my character for this movie - the costume, the whole getup - and I was like, 'Oh, wow. I get to be that guy? Fantastic. Sign me up. Please. Thank you.'"

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra is scheduled for an August 7, 2009 release. The film stars Ray Parks, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Said Taghmaoui, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Marlon Wayans, Channing Tatum, Dennis Quiad, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Arnold Vosloo, Karolina Isela Kurkov, Byung Hun Lee and Christopher Eccleston.

Credits: superheroflix.com

April 21, 2009

<이병헌ㆍ비ㆍ김윤진, 미국에서 한솥밥?> WMA와 엔데버 합병 임박

<Lee Byunghun - Kim Yunjin - Rain, together in the United States?>

WMA and Endeavor impending merger

AKR20090421107000005_01_i.jpg

Lee Byunghun (Endeavor), Kim Yunjin (WMA), Rain (WMA)

(로스앤젤레스=연합뉴스) 김해원 통신원 = 이병헌의 미국 소속사인 엔데버와 비(본명 정지훈)와 김윤진의 소속사 윌리엄 모리스(WMA)가 합병을 앞두고 있다.

20일자 할리우드리포터와 로스앤젤레스타임스에 따르면 지난 17개월 동안 진행됐던 할리우드 2위의 에이전시 WMA와 5위의 엔데버는 현재 합병 발표만 남겨놓고 있다.

음악과 TV분야에서 각각 독보적인 WMA와 엔데버는 갈수록 심각해지는 불황 속에서 규모의 경제와 시너지 효과를 위해 이번 합병을 결정한 것으로 알려졌다.

각각 직원 800명과 직원 400명인 WMA와 엔데버의 1년 수익은 모두 합쳐 3억 달러에 달한다. 통합된 에이전시는 WMA 이름을 유지할 계획이지만 통합 에이전시에는 WMA의 에이전트 150명과 엔데버의 에이전트 100명 가운데 150명만 남을 전망이다.

111년의 역사를 자랑하는 WMA에는 비와 김윤진 외에도 박찬욱 감독, 다니엘 헤니, 미셸 위(위성미), '스타트렉: 비기닝'의 존 조, 청룽, 멜 깁슨, 덴젤 워싱턴, 에디 머피, 존 트라볼타, 스티브 마틴, 제니퍼 로페즈, 재닛 잭슨, 브리트니 스피어스, 얼리셔 키스, 카니예 웨스트, 테일러 스위프트, 프린스 등이 소속돼있다.

영화감독으로는 폴 토머스 앤더슨, 워쇼스키 형제, 리들리 스콧, 쿠엔틴 타란티노, 마이클 베이, 브라이언 싱어, 팀 버튼, J.J. 에이브람스 등이 WMA에 속해있다.

14년 전 출범한 엔데버에는 로버트 드니로와 앤서니 홉킨스 등을 제외하고는 샤이아 라버프, 키이라 나이틀리, 벤 애플렉, 맷 데이먼, 크리스천 베일, 애덤 샌들러, 잭 블랙, 스티브 카렐, 베네치오 델토로처럼 WMA에 비해 비교적 젊은 배우들이 포진해 있다.

엔데버는 '24', '가십걸', '30 록' 같은 인기 TV 쇼들을 제작했고, 마틴 스코세이지, 데이비드 크로넨버그, 대니 보일, 알폰소 쿠아론 감독 등도 소속돼 있다.

이번 합병으로 강제규, 김지운, 봉준호, 이재한 감독 등이 소속된 CAA는 1위 자리를 도전받을 정도이고, 합병된 대형 에이전시의 무관심에 불만을 느낀 배우와 감독들이 다른 에이전시로 다수 옮겨갈 가능성도 제기되고 있다.

Credits: matrix1966@yna.co.kr via yonhapnews.co.kr

WMA-Endeavor merger would shake up biz

Results of agency pairing could be vast, complicated

By Steven Zeitchik

March 10, 2009, 10:00 PM ET

What would a hookup mean?

As William Morris and Endeavor continue to try to hammer out a potential merger, the consequences for the industry are emerging as vast and complicated. The combination of the two shops would be nearly unprecedented in modern Hollywood, whose agency pairings have tended to come more as an absorption than as a merger of equals.

Yet WMA and Endeavor have been in discussions for weeks, with agency partners including Ari Emanuel at Endeavor and Jim Wiatt and Dave Wirtschafter at WMA said to be in the talks. Reps for the two agencies declined comment. But some observers put the odds at 50-50 that a deal could be worked out -- far from a certainty but a very real possibility.

A merger would hold appeal for both companies, combining departments and strengths that in many cases are complementary. "This would get William Morris back in the game with talent, and it gives Endeavor a financial toehold that it needs," said a studio producer who has worked extensively with clients from each, noting that WMA does have many A-list actors, but a merger would further bolster their ranks.

In addition to its core film and TV business, WMA has developed a proficiency in music, television commercials and, to some degree, brands, giving it multiple revenue streams in a time when the entertainment business is consolidating.

The agency also has extensive real estate holdings -- though, like all privately held companies, the value of its portfolio is hard to determine.

Endeavor, meanwhile, is known for its deep reserve of acting talent, particularly comedy; many of the genre's biggest names in front of the camera now call the shop home. But there are areas where the two have similar -- and potentially overlapping -- strengths.

Endeavor is better known for its TV and motion picture lit businesses, but both agencies have well-developed departments. On TV, for instance, Endeavor is considered a juggernaut -- it reps top-tier showrunners like Seth MacFarlane, Greg Berlanti and David E. Kelley -- though WMA has two of the medium's biggest names in J.J. Abrams and Tyler Perry (both agencies are considered very strong in nonscripted, with WMA repping the likes of FremantleMedia and Bunim-Murray Prods., while Endeavor has such figures as Thom Beers and Craig Piligian).

That would make the combined units a powerhouse. But it also would create potential redundancies, which raises the spectre of job cuts, as it often does in mergers.

Perhaps even more tricky than any one department, agency cultures would have to be integrated -- Endeavor's well-oiled and lean startup mind-set with WMA's more genteel and traditionalist approach.

Source: hollywoodreporter.com

April 21, 2009

Lee Byung-hun Meets Kimura Takuya in High-Profile Film

090421.jpg

Two top stars from Korea and Japan have once again displayed their respective talents in the same movie. Lee Byung-hun and Kimura Takuya are appearing together for the second time--after their 2007 Japanese film “Hero”--in “I Come With The Rain.”

Directed by Vietnamese-French director Anh Hung Tran, whose works include “The Scent of Green Papaya” and “Cyclo,” the film is a multinational project starring Josh Hartnett and Elias Koteas in addition to Lee and Kimura.

The thriller centers around ex-Los Angeles cop Kline (Josh Hartnett) who travels to Hong Kong in search of the missing son (Kimura Takuya) of a Chinese billionaire. Lee plays a role of a mafia boss in Hong Kong.

With trailers released on April 18, it is scheduled to hit theaters in Japan on June 6. A large-scale premiere will be held in the island country, which all the stars will attend.

Source: KBS Global

April 21, 2009

Lee Byung-hun Meets Kimura Takuya in High-Profile Film

Two top stars from Korea and Japan have once again displayed their respective talents in the same movie. Lee Byung-hun and Kimura Takuya are appearing together for the second time--after their 2007 Japanese film “Hero”--in “I Come With The Rain.”

Directed by Vietnamese-French director Anh Hung Tran, whose works include “The Scent of Green Papaya” and “Cyclo,” the film is a multinational project starring Josh Hartnett and Elias Koteas in addition to Lee and Kimura.

The thriller centers around ex-Los Angeles cop Kline (Josh Hartnett) who travels to Hong Kong in search of the missing son (Kimura Takuya) of a Chinese billionaire. Lee plays a role of a mafia boss in Hong Kong.

With trailers released on April 18, it is scheduled to hit theaters in Japan on June 6. A large-scale premiere will be held in the island country, which all the stars will attend.

Source: KBS Global

Hi rubie, thanks for sharing this. Wow, finally………….this movie will be shown. :lol::D