Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

spacer.png

Escape from Mogadishu is the Korean film with the highest box office revenue of 2021. At the Blue Dragon Awards 2021, the work won two awards for Best Film and Best Director (given to filmmaker Ryoo Seung Wan). 

Over the past 12 months, Lotte Cultureworks, the entertainment company under Lotte Group, has released three new Korean titles in theaters. Of these, the most successful is Escape from Mogadishu . The work with Jo In Sung in the lead role has made the company the most profitable movie distribution company in 2021.

Escape from Mogadishu is the best-selling Korean movie of 2021, attracting 3.61 million moviegoers to theaters to enjoy. The film revolves around the escape of South Korean and North Korean diplomats from Somalia in the midst of a civil war in the 1990s.

https://zingnews.vn/phong-ve-han-quoc-tiep-tuc-mat-khan-gia-post1285400.html

Jae Yeol - Hae Soo (It's Okay, That's Love)

It's Okay, That's Love is one of the most healing Korean movie titles. The story revolves around the spiritual healing journey of writer Jae Yeol ( Jo In Sung ) with the help of her psychiatrist Hae Soo ( Gong Hyo Jin ). Starting from "housemates" who hate each other, the two gradually understand and help each other heal their childhood wounds.

spacer.png

https://kenh14.vn/rung-tim-voi-4-cap-doi-ghet-truoc-yeu-sau-cua-phim-han-moi-tinh-cua-dien-nu-kim-da-mi-vua-ngot-vua-day-dut-20211225135800115.chn

8 hours ago, syntyche said:

Escape from Mogadishu is the Korean film with the highest box office revenue of 2021. At the Blue Dragon Awards 2021, the work won two awards for Best Film and Best Director (given to filmmaker Ryoo Seung Wan). 

Over the past 12 months, Lotte Cultureworks, the entertainment company under Lotte Group, has released three new Korean titles in theaters. Of these, the most successful is Escape from Mogadishu . The work with Jo In Sung in the lead role has made the company the most profitable movie distribution company in 2021.

Escape from Mogadishu is the best-selling Korean movie of 2021, attracting 3.61 million moviegoers to theaters to enjoy. The film revolves around the escape of South Korean and North Korean diplomats from Somalia in the midst of a civil war in the 1990s.

https://zingnews.vn/phong-ve-han-quoc-tiep-tuc-mat-khan-gia-post1285400.html

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. The movie is recording the largest number of moviegoers among K-films this year. Now, I'm glad that it's heading for the Oscars. KOFIC (Korean Film Council) selected Escape from Mogadishu as the representative film in 2021 Korea and the country’s entry for the best international feature film category of the 94th Academy Awards. Not surprised since it is an impressive work with high-quality action and suspense based on the true story. The film has already been well-received not only in Korea but also abroad.Expectations are high on whether another representative Korean film will be the main character of the Oscars again.The best international feature film category at the Academy Awards accepts only one film per country representing each country. KOFIC selected Escape from Mogadishu out of 6 representative films this year through screening by a panel of movie experts. The movie was recognized as a film with box office success. Despite the pandemic, it was a theater release, not an OTT release. It is also sweeping the awards at the leading awards ceremonies in Korea this year. In 2020, PARASITE swept four medals as the first Korean film and the first Asian film, creating the ‘Korean Wave’ at the Academy Awards. Also this year, Youn Yuhjung won the Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars for the first time in Korean cinema history. I hope for good results at the Academy Awards for this movie. I hope it can do well in the next year's Oscar race. I hope KOFIC will also perform various support activities just like what they did in the Parasite movie. Hence, the film achieved good results. The 94th Academy Awards will be held on March 27, 2022, at Dolby Theater in

Hollywood, USA.     :shaq:

• Awesome 1

Jo In Sung, briquette volunteer, has a heart that shines as bright as his face... "I'm touched".

spacer.png

JTS Korea joined the briquette support service.

Gilbot, a volunteer organization for broadcasters, movies, and theater artists, and JTS Korea, an international relief organization, provided briquettes support services for residents of Guryong Village, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 12, 2021.

spacer.png

Although the JTS street fundraising campaign, which had been steadily carried out twice a year on Children's Day and the end of the year, it was regrettable that the campaign could not be carried out in the aftermath of COVID-19 over the past two years.

This year, actors Jo In-sung, Lim Se-mi, Cho Hye-jung, Jeon Sung-hwan, Baek Seung-do, Cha Jong-ho, Park Hae-won, Lee Hyun-jae, Yoon Sang-woo, Yoo Dam, Park Ji-yoon, Jang Jin-woo, Jang Min-seok, Park Seung-min, Lee Ki-hyo, singer Nan-jin, idol Dong-Kiz member Kyung Yoon, Jae-chan, and Jong-hyung attended the briquette service.

spacer.png

Stars who attended the volunteer work despite their busy schedules said, "I'm happy to be this helpful. I'm touched by the continuous service of providing of briquettes".

Writer Noh Hee-kyung, who has been serving steadily on Gilbot since 2004, said, "I want to do it again, or every year." Above all else, it was good to share briquettes that convey warmth. "I'm so grateful for this opportunity," he said, expressing his intention to continue the event every year.

Gilbot delivered a total of 3,000 briquettes to 200 and 15 households per household on December 12. In 2020, JTS Korea began providing briquettes after hearing an article that the sponsorship of briquettes support groups decreased due to COVID-19. This year, they shared warm hearts by providing 36,600 briquettes to a total of 122 households in 28 regions nationwide.

All events were held in compliance with the government's quarantine guidelines.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111725046

3 Recommended South Korean Movies That Are Exciting to Watch during the Year-End Holidays 

Korean films get a lot of fans because the storyline is very addictive, the scenes are touching, and the actors are very talented.

Not only captivating audiences through dramas, Korean films also have an appeal that is no less captivating.

The following Wonosobo News provides recommendations for several Korean films released in 2021 to watch at the end of this year.

Escape from Mogadishu

Escape from Mogadishu is an action drama film directed by Ryoo Seung Wan and starring Kim Yoon Seok , Jo In Sung , Heo Joon Ho and Kim So Jin .

This film is based on true events about South Korea's efforts to gain acceptance into the United Nations in the late 1980s and early 1990s during the Somalia War.

This film chronicles the dangerous escape attempts of North and South Korean embassy workers trapped during the conflict

https://kabarwonosobo.pikiran-rakyat.com/film/pr-1563324014/rekomendasi-3-film-korea-selatan-yang-seru-untuk-menghabiskan-libur-akhir-tahun?page=2

@willenette it is indeed exciting to see Mogadishu win all these awards, and hopefully an Oscar, too. Wouldn't it be nice to see JIS and the team attend the awards night in Hollywood? :heart:

• Love 1

*** Every year, movies that attract 10 million moviegoers were released. But due to the persistent COVID-19, even the film industry couldn’t keep up the pace. Among the Korean movies released this year, Escape from Mogadishu has mobilized 3.61 million moviegoers. :Megathanks:

Top 10 Movies in the Domestic Box Office for 2021

optimize

1. Escape from Mogadishu 3,613,981 moviegoers
  2. Sinkhole 2,195,673 moviegoers
  3. Hostage: Missing Celebrity – 1,638,437 moviegoers
  4. On the Line – 1,426,357 moviegoers
  5. Hard Hit – 955,809 moviegoers
  6. The Medium – 834,338 moviegoers
  7. Spiritwalker – 808,900 moviegoers
  8. Miracle: Letters to the President – 715,819 moviegoers
  9. Nothing Serious – 596,189 moviegoers
  10. Perhaps Love – 515,111 moviegoers

source : https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4525477

• Awesome 1

Ottogi selected actor Jo In-sung as an advertising model for "X.O.Dumpling" in the winter season, the peak season for frozen dumplings, and turned on a new TV commercial. X.O. Dumpling' is a dumpling brand of Ottogi that means "eXtra Order (unusual, amazing)" and has a rich lineup of dumplings such as Gyoza, Shumai, rolled dumplings, and fried dumplings.  

In this advertisement, you can see the delicious visuals of "X.O. Dumplings" filled with carefully selected ingredients along with Jo In-sung's colorful facial expressions. The "X.O. Gyoja Meat" in the video is filled with a soft dumpling skin with large slices of pork, beef, domestic pine mushrooms, and saesongi mushrooms, and has a savory taste with XO sauce. "X.O. Gyoja Shrimp & Red Crab Meat" harmonizes dumpling filling, chewy dumpling skin, and XO sauce, which mixes whole shrimp, red crab meat, and tender pork at an optimal ratio.

spacer.png

http://www.wsobi.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=150185

K-Contents and K-Stars who are advancing to "2022 Pay attention to them!

2021 was a year when K-content and K-star spread around the world. Beyond the category of "Hallyu Star" that stayed in the Asian market, Korean singers and actors have expanded their position in all directions.

Let's look at K-content and K-star that should be noted in 2022.

#Lee Minho, Park Seojoon, Jo Inseong, and I'll make 2022 mine!

Jo In-sung is filming a new OTT Disney Plus + film with Ryu Seung-ryong and Han Hyo-joo. It is a fantasy action film about children living in the present with their superpowers hidden and parents living in the past hiding the painful secrets of the past. Its production cost is as much as 50 billion won.

In the series, Jo In-sung plays veteran agent Kim Doo-sik with flight capabilities, while Ryu Seung-ryong and Han Hyo-joo play Jang Joo-won, who quickly recovers without feeling pain, and Lee Mi-hyun, who has superhuman five senses. Disney+ is reportedly preparing "Moving" as a representative masterpiece in 2022.

https://ilyo.co.kr/?ac=article_view&entry_id=419880

spacer.png

new Kang Dae Jin photo

40 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Ottogi selected actor Jo In-sung as an advertising model for "X.O.Dumpling" in the winter season, the peak season for frozen dumplings, and turned on a new TV commercial. X.O. Dumpling' is a dumpling brand of Ottogi that means "eXtra Order (unusual, amazing)" and has a rich lineup of dumplings such as Gyoza, Shumai, rolled dumplings, and fried dumplings.  

In this advertisement, you can see the delicious visuals of "X.O. Dumplings" filled with carefully selected ingredients along with Jo In-sung's colorful facial expressions. The "X.O. Gyoja Meat" in the video is filled with a soft dumpling skin with large slices of pork, beef, domestic pine mushrooms, and saesongi mushrooms, and has a savory taste with XO sauce. "X.O. Gyoja Shrimp & Red Crab Meat" harmonizes dumpling filling, chewy dumpling skin, and XO sauce, which mixes whole shrimp, red crab meat, and tender pork at an optimal ratio.

http://www.wsobi.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=150185

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. I've tried their Shrimp & Red Snow Crab Meat. It's good.     :shaq:

Here are the 20 top-grossing films in South Korea in 2021

The Korean Film Council (KOFIC), which tracks box office receipts, released the ranking of the top movies released in South Korea in 2021.

In the top 10 movies of 2021, seven came from the US, two from South Korea and one from Japan.

spacer.png

Placing second is the South Korean movie “Escape from Mogadishu” starring Kim Yoon-seok and Jo In-sung. The film, released on July 28, sold 3.61 million tickets and grossed $29 million in 2021.

Here are the 20 top-grossing films in South Korea in 2021 based on total admission and gross, according to KOFIC:

1. “Spider-Man: No Way Home” (US) – $46,766,319 (gross) / 5,559,777 (total admission)

2. “Escape from Mogadishu” (South Korea) – $29,028,375 / 3,613,981

Spoiler

3. “Eternals” (US) – $26,650,099 / 3,050,019

4. “Black Widow” (US) – $25,196,200 / 2,962,088

5. “Fast & Furious 9” (US) – $18,529,734 / 2,292,413

6. “Sinkhole” (South Korea) – $17,971,930 / 2,195,673

7. “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie-Mugen Train” (Japan) – $17,350,728 / 2,151,861

8. “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” (US) – $17,736,886 / 2,123,573

9. “Soul” (US) $15,989,009 / 2,048,228

10. “Cruella” (US) – $16,172,090 / 1,983,396

11. “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” (US) – $14,880,407 / 1,740,871

12. “Hostage: Missing Celebrity” (South Korea) – $13,091,332 / 1,638,437

13. “Dune” (US) – $14,198,492 / 1,549,348

14. “On the Line” (South Korea) – $11,781,224 / 1,426,357

15. “007 No Time To Die” (US) – $10,088,101 / 1,229,971

16. “Minari” (South Korea) – $8,577,627 / 1,134,177

17. “Hard Hit” (South Korea) – $7,646,231 / 955,809

18. “Boss Baby: Family Business” (US) – $6,965,709 / 925,237

19. “A Quiet Place: Part II” (US) – $7,181,954 / 863,339

20. “The Medium” (South Korea) – $7,257,099 / 834,338

https://mb.com.ph/2022/01/01/here-are-the-20-top-grossing-films-in-south-korea-in-2021/

INTERVIEW: Escape from Mogadishu Director Ryoo Seung-wan

Out of the frying pan and into, potentially, the Oscars? That is the current scenario of Escape from Mogadishu, Ryoo Seung-wan’s action drama that was picked to represent South Korea at the 2022 Academy Awards. The film is based on the true story of South and North Korean embassy staffers based in Somalia’s Mogadishu. The staffers had no other choice but to collaborate to escape the civil war gripping the country in 1991.

Mogadishu has been a winner in its home country, with it being the year’s top earner at the box office and earning the “Best Film” title – among others – from the Blue Dragon Film Awards and the Korea Association of Film Critics Awards. Featuring in the film are Kim Yoon-seok (The Chaser), Jo In-sung (The King), Heo Joon-ho (Silmido) and more.

With the assistance of interpreter Sharon Choi – yes, the Sharon Choi during Parasite’s grand sweep – we got the chance to chat with Ryoo Seung-wan, who is known for his action direction and love of Shaw Brothers films, on Oscar hopes, improving the “very different” first draft, and courting quality genre thrills. 

spacer.png

How did you feel when you found out Mogadishu will represent Korea at the Oscars?

It was completely unexpected! When we created the film, we never thought about submitting it for the Best International Feature at The Academy. I always thought that such opportunities do not come to genre filmmakers like me. I think, in part, it’s due to the COVID pandemic, because not a lot of films were released this year. We sort of benefited from this extraordinary situation. And, you know, it’s just one country’s official submission. It’s like a preliminary of the preliminaries, so I don’t think it’s anything to make a fuss over!

Spoiler

Absolutely. Although I’m sure there’s a big sense of pride in being considered.

I think this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I’m having now! When else will I have this chance to have the Oscars directly involved in my life? 

I have nothing to do with the Academy, other than the fact that my parents got married at a venue called Academy Wedding Hall. I have watched a tonne of films that won Academy Awards, though.

Mogadishu seems to share elements of your past works such as politics, corruption, and some sort of related chase or escape aspect. Were you drawn to the project because it has these motifs, or were there other factors?

This film is based on an actual historical event that carries a lot of elements I am always fascinated by. Ironically, I was not aware of this part of history before coming on board to this film. Another company was actually developing this project to create this movie based on that historical event.

Interestingly, a couple years before I got offered this project, I heard about the story, and I thought it would make an incredible film. But at the time, I never thought that it would be me at the helm of this project. I just hoped that the film would turn out great. Some time passed, and like magic, the project just fell on my lap. 

Another interesting fact is that the script I received when I got offered the project is very different from the film you see now.

Wow! How so?

It was a very stylised script and focused heavily on genre elements. There was a lot of comedy, action scenes, and this very big setup of North Korea dealing with nuclear weapons. And it was one of those scripts that tried to create a very tear-jerking moment at the end.

I knew that it would be difficult for me to make that film with that kind of material. When I got offered the project, I told the producers that I would commit to it if they guarantee that I have complete freedom with the script and the final cut. Before we signed any contract, I wrote a script that reflected my vision for the story. And I told them that after you read the script once, if you think you can do it, that’s when we can start working together. I knew from the get-go that this film would need an incredibly high budget, so I was quite cautious of joining the project quickly. 

Thankfully, the producers accepted my offer and that’s how we are seeing the film as it is today.

That makes me very happy to hear about someone who respects your vision because that can cause a whole lot of difficulties during production, especially here in the U.S.

So far in Korea, unless the director makes a huge mistake or it’s completely idiotic, people generally respect the directors’ wishes. In Korea, the best thing about working as a director is that when you go to a restaurant, you get to have the most expensive meal.

Thank you for sharing that. Speaking of eating, Mogadishu is discussed for its action, but what I find more resonating is this sense of co-operation, even between impossible factions. The dinner scene, for example. What was the process of including hope into the story in a way that seems right for you?

First of all, I’m very thankful as a filmmaker to hear that the dinner scene was very memorable to you. All filmmakers, from the first day of shooting to the very last, put in the utmost effort and affection to make sure that every scene is perfect. Every filmmaker has particular scenes that they put in special effort for. For me, that dinner scene was just as important as the car chase scene.

How did Morocco support, or not support, the filming? And did you have to do any experimentation since the film is also presented in IMAX?

So we shot the film in a Moroccan city called Essaouira, that’s where we recreated Mogadishu. We received a lot of professional help from the city. We were able to control multiple blocks during the shoot, and because there were a lot of experienced film crew members in Morocco, we were able to work with them very closely. They worked very well with the Korean crew members that traveled there. 

We also received a lot of administrative support from the city government. And more than anything else, the people are thorough, and so welcoming. When you see the film, you might imagine that there must have been so many incidents that happened during the process. But, actually, everything was done incredibly safely and smoothly. 

If there were any problems in creating this film, all those issues were with me! The questions that I had to tackle were, “How can I provide a new experience to the audience?” and “Rather than displaying spectacular images, how can I make sure that we really deliver the individual psyche of all the characters trapped in the situation?” and “How can I ensure that the audience is presented with the similar experience in theatres as the characters are going through in the film?” Finding those right moments, selecting them and creating the scenes were the biggest creative struggles of all the filmmakers that were involved in the project.

So when you look at the film, you would think of it as though it’s really high-budget. Compared to Hollywood blockbusters though, this film is basically like an indie movie. We couldn’t afford to film with an IMAX camera. And when we presented the film to the IMAX people, they really responded well to the film. And of course the professionals in creating an IMAX version. I remember being very satisfied when we test-screened it.

The “individual psyche” detail really comes through in certain scenes. I feel tense when the North Korean embassy staff have to make their escape, and you filmed it in an extended take, like a documentary. The car chase, again, felt very dangerous.

I was captivated by this film and the story because the characters are not special people. And unlike other action films, I wanted to show moments where the characters are scared, and also cowardly. I think that’s because the film chooses to focus on the characters’ experiences, rather than on the situation. And these characters are not that different from your average audience member. I think that’s why the audience was able to feel those kinds of emotions. 

For me, I don’t find it interesting when you see special people in special situations. Similarly, I don’t find it interesting to see ordinary people in ordinary situations. I’m fascinated when special people are caught in ordinary situations, and ordinary people are caught in special situations. Of course, I think that disparity is the foundation of creating suspense.

Did COVID make the production process, especially during post, difficult? Or did it present more opportunities for you to further perfect your vision of Mogadishu?

I think I was actually helped by the pandemic, being able to have a very concentrated and long post-production process. I don’t think I will ever have another project that will allow me to take such a long time with post-production.

Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers?

I think going to the movie theatres to watch this film in the pandemic takes more courage than just simply loving cinema. From the bottom of my heart, I thank all of the audience members who went to the theatres to watch this film and took an interest in Mogadishu.

Thank you so much!

https://jumpcutonline.co.uk/2022/01/01/interview-escape-from-mogadishu-director-ryoo-seung-wan/

Dramas to look forward to this year on streaming services

Disney Plus "Moving"

Among Disney Plus' original works, the most anticipated work this year is "Moving." Kang Full's webtoon is based on and is evaluated as a Korean hero. When Disney+ was released, it drew attention with the casting of Ryu Seung-ryong, Jo In-sung, and Han Hyo-joo.

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/337/NB12041337.html

Webtoon-based TV series set to catch eyes of viewers in 2022

In 2022 TV lineups released by South Korean broadcasters and global streaming services, a slew of webtoon-based series are drawing attention from Korean drama fans at home and abroad.

In recent years, homegrown webtoons, or web-based comics, have risen as a tried-and-true source of fresh ideas for producers and screenwriters here. Many of their TV adaptations have become global hits.

Disney+, a content streaming service from Walt Disney Co., has ordered "Moving," a TV edition of the namesake Korean digital cartoon by renowned web cartoonist Kang Pool, for a scheduled release later this year.

Starring Ryu Seung-ryong, Zo In-sung and Cha Tae-hyun, "Moving," about three high school students and their parents with supernatural powers, is expected to become one of the most expensive TV series in Korea with an estimated 50 billion won (US$41.8 million) in production costs.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220104003700315

4 Korean Actors Rarely Appear in Acting Projects But Still Popular and Loved

A number of Korean actors and actresses are trying hard so that their careers can last a long time in the Korean entertainment industry by starring in a number of drama and film projects. However, there are some of them who rarely appear in acting projects every year but are still popular and loved by the Korean public. They are still the faces that the media and fans look for every time they make a comeback.

Reporting from Kbizoom, here are a line of Korean actors and actresses who rarely appear in drama and film projects but are still popular and loved by the public:

Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung is also one of the Korean actors with several film projects. He achieved success after starring in What Happened In Bali in 2004. But more than 10 years later, he has received less than 10 films including films and dramas. When he reappeared on the small screen, he immediately broke a series of his own records. For example, the huge success of the blockbuster Escape From Mogadishu, which is considered a “medicine” to revive the Korean film industry after 2 years of being hit by the Covid-19 pandemic.

spacer.png

https://www.winnetnews.com/post/4-aktor-korea-jarang-muncul-dalam-proyek-akting-tapi-masih-tetap-populer-dan-dicintai

6 Dramas Released on Disney+

Not only on Netflix, Viu or iQiyi, Korean dramas can also be watched on Disney+ Hotstar or Disney Plus .

Rows of well-known actors and actresses have been confirmed to star in the drama that will air on Disney+. 

Are you curious about dramas airing on Disney+? Take a peek below, let's go through the list reported by Soompi and various sources.

Moving

spacer.png

Moving is adapted from the webtoon of the same title by Kang Full. This is a superhero action drama about teenagers with super powers, and their parents who are secretly keeping a painful secret in the past. They also work together to fight the dark forces that threaten generations in various eras.

Jo In Sung will play Kim Doo Shik, a veteran agent with the ability to fly, while Han Hyo Joo will play Lee Mi Hyun, a hero with superhuman senses. Ryu Seung Ryong will play Jang Joo Won, who can't feel pain and quickly recovers from injuries due to his high regenerative power.

Cha Tae Hyun will play Jeon Kye Do, who can create electricity at will, while Kim Sung Kyun will play Lee Jae Man, who has superhuman speed and strength. Ryu Seung Bum will play Frank, a mysterious figure who chases after the protagonist, and Kim Hee Won will play Choi Il Hwan, a teacher who hides a special super power that no one knows about. Moon Sung Geun will take on the role of Min Yong Joon, a character shrouded in mystery behind a powerful force.

https://www.matamata.com/kpop/2022/01/06/114757/6-drakor-tayang-di-disney-rookie-cops-hingga-moving

9 Facts about Jo In Sung's Role in KDrama Moving; He has Super Powers!

For a long time without appearing on the small screen, Jo In Sung is ready to greet fans through the Disney+ drama titled Moving. Also starring Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, to Cha Tae Hyun, this drama will follow the story of several people who have super powers.

Marking his drama comeback in several years, check out the nine facts about the role that Jo In Sung will play in the following drama Moving, let's go!

spacer.png

1. In September 2020, Jo In Sung got an offer to appear in the drama Moving

2. A year later, he was officially confirmed to appear in this webtoon adaptation drama

3. In the drama Moving, Jo In Sung will play the role of Kim Doo Shik

4. Kim Doo Shik is a veteran agent who has the ability to fly

5. Except for his cameo role in Dear My Friends (2016), Moving will mark Jo In Sung's full-screen acting comeback after It's Ok This is Love (2014)

6. During the script reading for the drama Moving, Jo In Sung revealed that he is a fan of the original webtun

7. According to the actor, the world depicted in the webtoon is very unique and beautiful

8. Therefore, he really prepared well for his role in this drama Moving

9. The drama Moving itself is scheduled to air in 2022 with a total of 20 episodes

Entering the ranks of Korea's top stars, Jo In Sung's appearance in the drama Moving received high anticipation from fans. Look forward to this actor's acting on Disney+ through the drama Moving, which airs this year!

https://www.idntimes.com/korea/kdrama/nimas-bella-1/peran-jo-in-sung-di-moving-c1c2/9

10 Webtoon Based K-Dramas You Need to Watch in 2022

Over a while, webtoons have become one of the largest consumed online content in South Korea, and are trending worldwide. A huge number of webtoons have been adapted to both film and television and with more new releases every week, the number of adaptations being released is larger than ever. 2021 has had back-to-back webtoon-based releases which became immensely popular and left the viewers craving for more, and now, 2022 is all set to have its turn. Here are some of the significant stories we’re looking forward to.

Moving 

spacer.png

This Disney+ original K-drama is an action-hero thriller. It has a star-studded cast with Jo Insung, Han Hyojoo, Cha Taehyun and Ryu Seungryong in main roles and is directed by Park Injae. The story is based on a webtoon by Kang Full. It is a story of three teenagers who come to terms with their supernatural abilities and their families who keep this truth under wraps. Together, they fight against evil forces that threaten people across various time periods. Jo Insung plays the character of a secret agent who has the ability to fly. In an interview with The Korea Times, he stated, “I enjoyed reading Kang’s original story, and the unique universe is beautiful. I think the whole world can relate to the story. I hope viewers enjoy it.” Han Hyojoo will play ‘Min Hyun’ who has extraordinary superhuman powers. Cha will be seen as ‘Kye Do’ and Kim Sungkyun as ‘Jae-man’ who all have different superhuman abilities. The series will be available on Disney+ in the second half of this year.

https://rollingstoneindia.com/10-webtoon-based-k-dramas-you-need-to-watch-in-2022/

Don't Miss! Here are 5 webtoon adaptation dramas that will air throughout 2022

Korean dramas whose stories are adapting Webtoons are increasingly becoming a trend in recent times.

One by one, Webtoon stories with various genres, ranging from romance to mystery, were turned into a drama that finally caught the attention of the audience.

Moving

Kang Full's Moving has been announced to be adapted into a drama. This comic tells the supernatural story of high school students and their parents who keep a secret that no one else knows.

Director Mo Wan Il who worked on Misty and The World of the Married will helm the drama. Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, and Cha Tae Hyun will play a role in this drama that will air on Disney+.

https://www.reqnews.com/leisure/44886/jangan-dilewatkan-nih-5-drakor-adaptasi-webtoon-yang-bakal-tayang-sepanjang-tahun-2022-ini

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

*** 'Unexpected Business' is returning for season 2 with Jo In Sung and Cha Tae Hyun, and Kim Woo Bin and Lee Kwang Soo will be appearing as guests.  These 2 are Jo In Sung's buddies. They are well-known for their friendship. It was also reported the program is currently in production in Naju city. (Seoul to Naju by train takes 1h-2hs, if by bus takes 4hs, by car 3hs) According to the news, they are currently shooting as guests in Naju, Jeollanam-do. The show is set to premiere sometime in the first half of this year. I hope we could get the exact date soon.  :heart3:

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220117152318761

• Awesome 1

Kim Woo Bin and Lee Kwang Soo to guest on 'Unexpected Business' season 2

tvN's 'Unexpected Business' is returning for season 2 with Jo In Sung and Cha Tae Hyun, and Kim Woo Bin and Lee Kwang Soo will be appearing as guests. 

On January 17th, it was reported Jo In Sung's best friends Kim Woo Bin and Lee Kwang Soo were confirmed as guests of the upcoming season of the show. It was also reported the program is currently in production in Naju city. 

'Unexpected Business' is a variety program featuring Jo In Sung and Cha Tae Hyun as city dwellers who take on running a small shop in the countryside. 

'Unexpected Business 2' is set to premiere sometime in the first half of 2022.

spacer.png

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/01/kim-woo-bin-and-lee-kwang-soo-to-guest-on-unexpected-business-season-2

@willenette this is exciting! I'm looking forward to the interaction of these best buddies on the show! A lot were indeed wishing that some friends of JIS would be part timers in the show. This is great news

• Love 1

'Delivery Knight' star Kim Woo Bin and Lee Kwang Soo to guest on 'Unexpected Business' season 2

kim_woo_bin_lee_kwang_soo_news1_main.jpg

tvN's 'Unexpected Business' is returning for season 2 with Jo In Sung, Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Woo Bin and Lee Kwang Soo who will be guesting on the popular variety show. It was also reported the program is currently in production in Naju city. 

For those unversed, 'Unexpected Business' is a variety program featuring Jo In Sung and Cha Tae Hyun as city dwellers who take on running a small shop in the countryside for approximately 10 days. The show will give these two men, who have lived their whole lives in a city, a chance to experience life in the countryside, completely opposite to their city life. They will blend into the neighbourhood and experience the ups and downs of operating a supermarket in a quaint small town. The beautiful landscape and simplicity of people who live there is a star attraction for the variety show. The variety show first premiered from February 25, 2021, to May 6, 2021, with 11 episodes and stars like Park Bo Young, Nam Joo Hyuk and Jo Bo Ah guested as star guests. 'Unexpected Business 2' is set to premiere sometime in the first half of 2022. 

(skipped unrelated......)

source : Pinkvilla

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/delivery-knight-star-kim-woo-bin-and-lee-kwang-soo-guest-unexpected-business-season-2-996696

"I said I won't do it again". Cha Tae Hyun and Jo In Sung's "Unexpected Business 2", teaser release...Where are we filming?

spacer.png

Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's "Unexpected Business 2" teaser was released.

On the 19th, tvN's entertainment show "Unexpected Business" released a video of Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung before the broadcast.

The released video showed the meeting of "Unexpected Business 2," and Cha Tae-hyun confessed, "I clearly said I would not do it again at the end of season 1. At his words, Jo In-sung asks, "Did you join again because it's winter?"

In particular, Jo In-sung seems to be agonizing over the food sold in the store, saying, "Should I make jajangmyeon ramen or udon?"

"Unexpected Business" will return for season 2 about a year following season 1, which aired last year, with urban men Cha Tae-hyun and Jo In-sung's second rural super business day entertainment. The filming location of last season 1 was Hanam-myeon, Gangwon-do, and the filming location of season 2 was known as Naju, Jeollanam-do.

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=14665324