Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

4 hours ago, willenette said:

@syntyche thanks for sharing this great news. Wow.............the movie will represent South Korea in next year's Oscars. And this is out of six films, huh. I heard that the movie impresses viewers with quality action and suspense. Besides, it has already received rave reviews in SK and abroad. I don't compare but I hope 'Mogadishu' will continue to attract global attention to Korean films initiated by 'Parasite. Looking forward to this next year.  

@willenette, this is such an exciting news! I do hope for the best on their Oscars nomination. Being in the box office for months says a lot about the quality and effort put into this film. Kudos to the Mogadishu team!  

• Love 1

‘Escape from Mogadishu’ to represent South Korea at 2022 Academy Awards

Action film “Escape From Mogadishu” has been chosen as Korea’s entry for the best international feature category of the 94th Academy Awards, the Korean Film Council said Tuesday.

Directed by Ryoo Seung-wan, the film is based on true events involving South and North Korean diplomats in Somalia cooperating to escape the country during the 1991 civil war.

“Escape From Mogadishu,” starring veteran actors Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-sung and Huh Joon-ho, is the most-watched film in South Korea among all films released in 2021, selling more than 3 million tickets.

The Korean box office hit was invited to the 20th New York Asian Film Festival as the opening film in August.

“Based on a real story, ‘Escape From Mogadishu’ is praised by viewers for quality action scenes and suspense, combined with the dramatic tension and cooperation between the diplomats from two Koreas. The film has already come to both domestic and international audiences’ attention,” KOFIC said in a release.

South Korea’s “Parasite” won the non-English movie category at the 92nd Academy Awards in 2020, becoming the first Korean-made film to win an Oscar. Director Bong Joon-ho bagged four Oscars for “Parasite.”

The 94th Academy Awards are to be held on March 27, 2022.

http://m.koreaherald.com/amp/view.php?ud=20211006000777

"Escape from Mogadishu" wins 6 awards at the Buil Film Awards

Director Ryu Seung-wan's film "Mogadishu" won the 2021 Buil Film Award for Best Picture.

On the afternoon of the 7th, the Buil Film Awards ceremony was held at the BEXCO Auditorium in Busan.

On the same day, "Mogadishu" won six trophies, including the Best Film Award, supporting actor award for Huh Joon-ho, Male Star Award of the Year Award for Jo In-sung, Screenplay Award, Filming Award, and Music Award.

The film depicts the escape of people who were isolated from the civil war in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, in 1991. In order to revive the realistic urgency and urgency, it was filmed in Morocco, Africa, and representative Korean actors such as Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho, and Koo Sang-hwan appeared.

Kang Hye-jung, CEO of Oeyunaegang, a production company of "Mogadishu," said, "I would like to thank all the staff and actors who worked hard at the filming site in Morocco."

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202110073586H

spacer.png

The Men's Star of the Year award was won by Jo In-sung of "Mogadishu". Jo In-sung, who was unable to attend the awards due to his schedule, greeted through a video. Jo In-sung said, "It is said that the Buil Film Awards marks its 30th anniversary this year. As it is the first movie award, it is a proud award for me. It would have been better if I had visited and said hello, but I had a schedule, so I came to greet you through a video even from afar, he said. "I would like to give glory to the audience who loved 'Mogadishu' despite the COVID-19 situation." "I will continue to greet you with good works," he said. 

"Mogadishu" also won screenplay, filming, and art awards. CEO Kim Jung-min and CEO Kang Hye-jung received the awards on behalf of the winners who could not attend the awards ceremony due to the filming schedule. CEO Kang said, "It's a pity that I couldn't participate in this beautiful award because I'm fiercely filming my next film, 'smuggling'. He always said that he would do his best to make a movie harder with that heart for the first time."

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/movie/article/2021100734774

17 hours ago, syntyche said:

"Escape from Mogadishu" wins 6 awards at the Buil Film Awards

Director Ryu Seung-wan's film "Mogadishu" won the 2021 Buil Film Award for Best Picture.

On the afternoon of the 7th, the Buil Film Awards ceremony was held at the BEXCO Auditorium in Busan.

On the same day, "Mogadishu" won six trophies, including the Best Film Award, supporting actor award for Huh Joon-ho, Male Star Award of the Year Award for Jo In-sung, Screenplay Award, Filming Award, and Music Award.

The film depicts the escape of people who were isolated from the civil war in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, in 1991. In order to revive the realistic urgency and urgency, it was filmed in Morocco, Africa, and representative Korean actors such as Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho, and Koo Sang-hwan appeared.

Kang Hye-jung, CEO of Oeyunaegang, a production company of "Mogadishu," said, "I would like to thank all the staff and actors who worked hard at the filming site in Morocco."

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202110073586H

The Men's Star of the Year award was won by Jo In-sung of "Mogadishu". Jo In-sung, who was unable to attend the awards due to his schedule, greeted through a video. Jo In-sung said, "It is said that the Buil Film Awards marks its 30th anniversary this year. As it is the first movie award, it is a proud award for me. It would have been better if I had visited and said hello, but I had a schedule, so I came to greet you through a video even from afar, he said. "I would like to give glory to the audience who loved 'Mogadishu' despite the COVID-19 situation." "I will continue to greet you with good works," he said. 

"Mogadishu" also won screenplay, filming, and art awards. CEO Kim Jung-min and CEO Kang Hye-jung received the awards on behalf of the winners who could not attend the awards ceremony due to the filming schedule. CEO Kang said, "It's a pity that I couldn't participate in this beautiful award because I'm fiercely filming my next film, 'smuggling'. He always said that he would do his best to make a movie harder with that heart for the first time."

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/movie/article/2021100734774

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. The Buil Film Awards are hosted by the newspaper Busan Ilbo. Congratulations to the team especially to JIS! :hahah!:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20211007n38066?mid=e0100

• Awesome 1

Jo In Sung’s Movie ‘Escape from Mogadishu’ Wins 6 Trophies at the 30th Buil Film Awards + To Represent South Korea in Oscars in 2022

Jo In Sung's movie "Escape from Mogadishu" received six awards at the 30th Buil Film Awards and is expected to represent South Korea at the 94th Film Academy Awards in 2022.  

In July, "Escape from Mogadishu" hit the cinemas and a week after release, it already exceeded 1 million moviegoers which made the film a blockbuster hit for 2021. It also received good feedback from the public. 

The whole cast showed gratitude to all the fans who supported the film by thanking them on social media and made a small celebration for their success.

Action Movie 'Escape from Mogadishu' Takes Home 6 Titles at the 30th Buil Film Awards

Following the triumphant journey of "Escape from Mogadishu" in cinemas. The movie once again proved its power after bagging six trophies at the 30th Buil Film Awards. Held at the BEXCO Auditorium in Busan, director Ryu Seung Wan's film won six awards including Best Screenplay, Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor, Male Star of the Year, and Best in Cinematography and Music. 

spacer.png

In addition, the CEO of the company that produced "Escape from Mogadishu" shared in his speech that he felt grateful and rewarded for their hard work. He also thanked all the actors and staff who worked hand in hand in Morocco to finish the movie even in the middle of the pandemic. 

Ryu Seung Wan's 'Escape from Mogadishu' to Represent South Korea in Oscars in 2022

According to Lotte Entertainment, blockbuster movie "Escape from Mogadishu," starring Jo In Sung, Kim Yoon Seok, Goo Kyo Hwan, Heo Jun Ho, and more, was chosen to represent South Korea at the 94th Film Academy Awards popularly known as Oscars in 2022. 

spacer.png

In addition, the Korean Film Council revealed why "Escape from Mogadishu" was selected to be South Korea's pride for next year's Oscars. The council shared that apart from the fact that the movie was based on a true story, it is also an impressive work that showcased action and suspense scenes. 

spacer.png

KOFIC said that the dramatic tension and favorable reviews from the public made them choose the movie to represent South Korea for next year's Oscars. They mentioned the success and the opportunity that "Parasite" gave for Korean films to earn spots at the international film festivals. 

They hope that "Escape from Mogadishu" will continue to bring pride to South Korea and bring international attention to various Korean films. 

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/122256/20211007/jo-in-sung-escape-from-mogadishu-6-trophies-30th-buil-film-awards-oscars.htm

Winners Of The 2021 Buil Film Awards

On October 7, the 30th annual Buil Film Awards were held. The Buil Film Awards are hosted by the newspaper Busan Ilbo and typically take place during the Busan International Film Festival, which kicked off this year on October 6.

“Escape from Mogadishu” took home six awards, including Best Film, Best Supporting Actor, and Popular Male Star.

Check out the full list of winners below!

Best Film: “Escape from Mogadishu” (dir. Ryu Seung Wan)

Best Supporting Actor: Heo Joon Ho (“Escape from Mogadishu”)

Popular Star Award (Male): Jo In Sung (“Escape from Mogadishu”)

Best Screenplay: Ryu Seung Wan, Lee Gi Chul (“Escape from Mogadishu”)

Best Cinematography: Choi Young Hwan (“Escape from Mogadishu”)

Best Music: Bang Joon Suk (“Escape from Mogadishu”)

Congratulations to all the winners!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1492339wpp/winners-of-the-2021-buil-film-awards

Why ‘Escape From Mogadishu’ Is South Korea’s Oscar Candidate

South Korea has chosen the film Escape From Mogadishu as its entry for Best International Feature at the 2022 Oscars.

Based on a true story, the fast-paced film is set in Somalia in the 1990s. At the time both North and South Korea sought membership in the UN and courted African leaders to lobby their support. The North and South Korean embassies in Somalia were rivals for that favor when a Civil War broke out. Their rivalry involved trickery and sometimes violence.

When the war breaks out, the rebels execute anyone who supported or engaged with the previous government. That includes diplomats and there’s a rush on the airports. No one is safe. The South Korean embassy is somewhat prepared. Diplomat Han Shin-sung, played by Kim Yoon-seok, and his associate Kang Dae-shin, played by Zo In-sung, have fortified the embassy.

Things are not going as well at the North Korean embassy, headed by Lim Song-yu, played by Heo Jun-ho, and Tae Joon-gi, played by Koo Kyo-hwan, and they have no one to turn to, except perhaps their bitter enemies.

In the 1990s the two embassies sought favor with the Somalian government.

The film is directed by Ryoo Seung-wan, whose long list of celebrated films includes Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, The Berlin Files and Veteran, and painstakingly captures small moments of human connection set amid the hellish landscape of war.

Escape From Mogadishu topped box office charts in Korea, selling three million tickets. Distribution rights were sold to 50 countries, including Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Morocco, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Lebanon, Ethiopia, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Taiwan. 

Well Go USA released the film in the US in August and it will soon be available via streaming. The

Oscar shortlist will be announced on Dec. 21.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2021/10/07/why-escape-from-mogadishu-is-south-koreas-oscar-candidate/?sh=6129be113951

1 hour ago, willenette said:

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. The Buil Film Awards are hosted by the newspaper Busan Ilbo. Congratulations to the team especially to JIS! 

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20211007n38066?mid=e0100

@willenette this is an amazing win for the Mogadishu team! Considering that they are also up for the Oscars awards, good things are only unfolding for the team and JIS! 

[Exclusive] Jo In Sung, Seo Kang Jun, and Kang Daniel appear on Disney+ Showcase.

spacer.png

Disney Plus +, which is set to provide domestic services on the 12th of next month, will promote the original series in a similar form. Korea Media Day and APAC content showcase will be held online on the 14th. Major officials will appear to introduce Disney+ services and domestic business strategies and unveil the content lineup. Four domestic works are Moving and Grid, You and My Police Class, and Kiss Six Sense. Production crew and actors participate as panels to tell production intentions and filming episodes.

Moving is an action fantasy hero in which a family with innate superpowers faces a huge enemy beyond the times and generations. Studio & New dramatized Kang Full's webtoon of the same name. In addition to the main characters Jo In-sung, Han Hyo-joo, and Ryu Seung-ryong, writer Kang Full and director Park In-je will participate in the showcase.

https://view.asiae.co.kr/article/2021100814242012918

The handsomeness of 5 Korean actors in the 2000s

Korea is famous for being the land of countless male gods whose beauty is likened to a statue. Since decades ago, there have appeared male gods who have become legends of the Korean entertainment industry.

Many years have passed, but the images and movies they acted in are always remembered by the audience. Recently, the old images of the male idol series are being praised by fans, even able to "beat" all the most handsome idols at present.

Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung is one of the male actors who joined the entertainment industry as an actor at a young age. Twenty years ago, Jo In Sung was the dream lover of many young women thanks to his height of 1.88 m, handsome face and bright smile.

spacer.png

Jo In Sung was born in 1981, in a well-to-do family in Seoul (Korea). Since childhood, In Sung dreamed of becoming a taekwondo athlete.

spacer.png

In 2000, Jo In Sung quickly became a famous name in the movie industry across Asia. With a model-like appearance and handsome face, charismatic acting, Jo In Sung quickly caught the eye of many famous directors in Korea.

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Jo In Sung is also known as a famous model and film actor, best known for his leading roles in the 2004 SBS TV series Something Happened in Bali, two movies "A Dirty Carnival" produced in 2006 and "A Frozen Flower" produced in 2008.

At the age of 40, Jo In Sung has always stood in the ranks of the most popular A-list stars in Korea. The actor owns a large audience of fans thanks to his clean private life, a developed career as well as a handsome look worthy of the title of the first Korean male beauty, elegant gentleman.

Jo In Sung is a philanthropist, or secretly does charity work. 

https://saostar.vn/dien-anh/do-nhan-sac-5-tai-tu-han-thap-nien-2000-huyn-bin-van-thua-trum-cuoi-202110081854479312.html

On 10/9/2021 at 3:11 PM, syntyche said:

[Exclusive] Jo In Sung, Seo Kang Jun, and Kang Daniel appear on Disney+ Showcase.

Disney Plus +, which is set to provide domestic services on the 12th of next month, will promote the original series in a similar form. Korea Media Day and APAC content showcase will be held online on the 14th. Major officials will appear to introduce Disney+ services and domestic business strategies and unveil the content lineup. Four domestic works are Moving and Grid, You and My Police Class, and Kiss Six Sense. Production crew and actors participate as panels to tell production intentions and filming episodes.

Moving is an action fantasy hero in which a family with innate superpowers faces a huge enemy beyond the times and generations. Studio & New dramatized Kang Full's webtoon of the same name. In addition to the m thanlsain characters Jo In-sung, Han Hyo-joo, and Ryu Seung-ryong, writer Kang Full and director Park In-je will participate in the showcase.

https://view.asiae.co.kr/article/2021100814242012918

@syntychethanks for sharing this. This is good to know that Disney Plus (Disney+) will have an online showcase  ahead of its launch in several Asia-Pacific regions. I'm glad that one of the content lineups is "Moving". Looking forward for JIS to participate in a panel to discuss his works. And also can't wait to see Kang Daniel. Just adore this cutie guy - hahaha. (Can't wait for Our Police Course to air on Disney plus, too)  :Megalol:  I hope we could get to know more details on the event soon.  :kaching1:

1633837541-z2.jpeg

• Awesome 1

Jo In-sung, Cha Tae-hyun, Kim Hee-sun, Sung Yu-ri, etc. Top stars are gathered here

spacer.png

Let's meet at a bazaar to sponsor treatment for rare diseases in children.
Stars have gathered for pediatric patients suffering from rare diseases.

According to Manna, a group of entertainment officials, a "meeting bazaar" will be held at Cafe Blossom, located in COEX, Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, on the 16th.

This bazaar is hosted by actors Go Chang-seok, Kim Ki-bang, Kim Bum, Kim So-yeon, Kim Hee-sun, Sung Yu-ri, Lee Jin, Cho Yoon-hee, Jo In-sung, Ji Jin-hee, Cha Tae-hyun, and singer Ailee will join.

spacer.png

The event will feature a variety of sponsorship items, including personal collections carefully prepared by stars in the field of actors and singers, as well as clothing, school supplies, household goods, accessories, wet wipes, drinks, cosmetics and health foods. The entire proceeds will be used to treat rare diseases in children.

An official from Manna said, "Even in various difficult situations, we have prepared for this year's bazaar as well," adding, "Last year's proceeds were used for six children suffering from rare diseases, and also for this year, all of proceeds will be used for children with rare diseases."

"I would like to thank all the actors and singers who are with me this year following last year for their support through sponsorship of goods, talent donation, and volunteer work." We ask for your continued support and interest so that more warm hearts can be delivered to more children, he said.

The bazaar will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Cafe Blossom (Starfield COEX Mall) on the 16th. Details can be found on the official Instagram after meeting.

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/695001

World Mental Health Day 2021: Korean Dramas That Candidly Address Mental Illness

spacer.png

On the occasion of World Mental Health Day, take a look at five South Korean dramas that have addressed mental illness and health sensitively

Amidst the fast-paced and competitive environment, the need for preserving one's mental stability to lead a healthy life is extremely important. While the subject of mental health and illness is still deemed taboo, movies and series can prove to be a great medium to create awareness about the same. Over the years, several South Korean dramas have addressed the subject through their characters leading to initiate a conversation on the particular mental illness. 

On the occasion of World Mental Health Day on October 10, here is the list of five South Korean dramas that have candidly addressed mental illnesses.

It’s Okay, That’s Love

The 2014 romantic drama subtly represented the life of a person dealing with obsessive-compulsive disorder developed after a traumatic experience. The story of a novelist falling in love with a psychiatrist while also confronting his past was thoroughly appreciated by the fans. The show featured Jo In-sung, Gong Hyo-jin, and Sung Dong-il in significant roles. 

https://www.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/others/world-mental-health-day-2021-korean-dramas-that-candidly-address-mental-illness.html

13 hours ago, willenette said:

@syntychethanks for sharing this. This is good to know that Disney Plus (Disney+) will have an online showcase  ahead of its launch in several Asia-Pacific regions. I'm glad that one of the content lineups is "Moving". Looking forward for JIS to participate in a panel to discuss his works. And also can't wait to see Kang Daniel. Just adore this cutie guy - hahaha. (Can't wait for Our Police Course to air on Disney plus, too)    I hope we could get to know more details on the event soon.  

@willenette So happy for JIS getting busy with all these projects, with Moving as Disney's launching project. The event is in a few days, it's getting more exciting!   

The wind that "Squid Game" blew...Media industry announces fierce battle for original content.

The media industry is eager to produce intellectual property rights (IP) in Korea as the original content "Squid Game" introduced by Netflix has succeeded in box office success.

While Disney+, which will be launched in Korea in November, began producing original dramas, Studio Genie, Tving, and Kakao Entertainment are also expanding their contents, drawing keen attention from the industry to the box office content that will follow the Squid Game.

According to the industry on the 12th, Disney+ is expected to produce the original drama Moving based on Kang Full's popular webtoon on its own online video service (OTT) platform.

With Studio & New, a content production affiliate of the media group NEW, it is directed by Park In-je, who is famous for "Kingdom" Season 2, starring famous cast members such as Jo In-sung, Ryu Seung-ryong, and Han Hyo-joo.

Disney+ signed a long-term content partnership with Studio & New in April and has started to secure original content prior to its launch in Korea.

Disney+ plans to hold Korea Media Day on the 14th to introduce business strategies and unveil a lineup of domestic contents including 'Moving'.

An official in the media industry said, "As Disney+, Disney's OTT service, enters Korea in earnest, competition in the original content production market will heat up further," and explained, "Moving is being mentioned as a rival to Netflix's Squid Game."

https://news.einfomax.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=4170984

spacer.png

Jo In Sung is selected as the new model for "Promega".

spacer.png

Chong Kun Dang Health selected actor Cho In-sung as an exclusive advertising model for its omega-3 brand "Promega" on the 13th.

Promega is Korea's leading omega-3 brand loved by people of various ages from children to adults, ranking first in consumer awareness, intake rate and purchase rate of the Korea Health Functional Food Association in 2020.

Promega has selected actor Jo In-sung, who is loved by the entire nation, as a new brand advertising model to match his brand reputation. Starting with the selection of this model, the company will take the lead in improving the awareness of blood circulation health to the public and spur marketing activities that raise awareness as Korea's leading omega-3 brand that can be trusted and purchased.

Cho Kun-dang, manager of the health Promega brand, said, "The image of Jo In-sung, who has long been trusted by the public for his sincere image and has been loved by the whole nation, has been selected as a model in line with the Promega brand image."

A new TV commercial for Promega with actor Jo In-sung will be released in November.

Meanwhile, Promega has been showing unusual results in the domestic health functional food market, acquiring the modifier "two-second omega 3" based on sales in the first half of 2021 and surpassing 100 billion won in sales this year.

http://www.kbsm.net/default/index_view_page.php?idx=325840&part_idx=333

"Escape from Mogadishu" reaches more than 3.6 million viewers; VOD service starts today 

The movie "Mogadishu" will start VOD service through IPTV and digital cable TV starting today (13th).

"Mogadishu" (Director Ryu Seung-wan) is a film about the escape of people who were isolated from the civil war in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, in 1991 at the risk of life and death.

The cast's explosive acting synergy, including Kim Yoon-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho, and Koo Sang-hwan, and overwhelming attractions, has set a new record for this year's best box office hit, surpassing 3.6 million viewers. It was also recognized at home and abroad for its good work and popularity, including sales to 75 overseas countries, selection as the Korean film entry in the 94th Academy Film Awards for International Feature Film, and six awards, including the Best Picture at the 2021 Buil Film Awards.

"Mogadishu"'s simultaneous VOD service will be provided through various platforms such as IPTV (KTolleh TV, SK Btv, LG U+TV), Home Choice, Google Play, TVing, wavve, Naver SERIES ON, Kakao Page, KT skylife, YES24, and Cinepox, and will meet audiences through theaters nationwide.

The IPTV and digital cable TV VOD services are expected to continue the fun and impression of "Mogadishu" in the home theater, captivating not only audiences who have not yet watched the movie but also audiences who want to watch it again.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202110130927595166&ext=na&utm_campaign=naver_news&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=related_news

"Squid Game" Lee Jung Jae steps on the red carpet of Gangneung International Film Festival

Actor Lee Jung-jae, who starred in Netflix's original series "Squid Game," which is creating a global "syndrome," is expected to attend the opening ceremony of the 3rd Gangneung International Film Festival.

According to the Gangneung International Film Festival on the 13th, actor Lee Jung-jae is expected to attend the red carpet event for the opening ceremony of the 3rd Gangneung International Film Festival to be held at 7 p.m. on the 22nd. Bae Yoo-mi, who also appeared in the Squid Game, will also step on the red carpet.

In addition, top actors Jung Woo-sung and Jo In-sung, as well as actors Kang Soo-yeon, who returned to the film industry for the first time in 10 years, and prominent supporting actors are expected to participate in the opening ceremony. The opening host of the opening ceremony will be Yeon Woo-jin, an actor from Gangneung who is loved by the audience for his in-depth passionate acting and unrivaled atmosphere.

Meanwhile, the 3rd Gangneung International Film Festival will be held for 10 days from the 22nd to the 31st at Gangneung Art Center, CGV Gangneung, Gangneung Independent Arts Theater Shinyoung, Gangneung Daehohobugwana Theater, and Myeongju Art Madang. During the festival, 116 works from 42 countries will be presented to the audience. Unlike the previous reduction to COVID-19 last year, this year, thorough quarantine management and manuals will be prepared to avoid online and focus on offline.

https://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/5638510

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Jo In Sung is selected as the new model for "Promega".

Chong Kun Dang Health selected actor Cho In-sung as an exclusive advertising model for its omega-3 brand "Promega" on the 13th.

Promega is Korea's leading omega-3 brand loved by people of various ages from children to adults, ranking first in consumer awareness, intake rate and purchase rate of the Korea Health Functional Food Association in 2020.

Promega has selected actor Jo In-sung, who is loved by the entire nation, as a new brand advertising model to match his brand reputation. Starting with the selection of this model, the company will take the lead in improving the awareness of blood circulation health to the public and spur marketing activities that raise awareness as Korea's leading omega-3 brand that can be trusted and purchased.

Cho Kun-dang, manager of the health Promega brand, said, "The image of Jo In-sung, who has long been trusted by the public for his sincere image and has been loved by the whole nation, has been selected as a model in line with the Promega brand image."

A new TV commercial for Promega with actor Jo In-sung will be released in November.

Meanwhile, Promega has been showing unusual results in the domestic health functional food market, acquiring the modifier "two-second omega 3" based on sales in the first half of 2021 and surpassing 100 billion won in sales this year.

http://www.kbsm.net/default/index_view_page.php?idx=325840&part_idx=333

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. Promega is popular in Korea, good for blood circulation. :kaching3:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2021.10.08 ~ 2021.10.10

credit : https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "No Time To Die"   212 729 981 142
2 "On the Line" (보이스) 2021/09/15 84 966 1 270 384
3 "Miracle: Letters to the President" (기적) 2021/09/15 42 597 609 969
4 "Crayon Shin-chan: Crash! Scribble Kingdom and Almost Four Heroes" (クレヨンしんちゃん 激突! ラクガキングダムとほぼ四人の勇者)   12 924 171 331
5 "Belle" (竜とそばかすの姫)   12 100 47 804
6 "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings"   11 529 1 730 040
7 "Pokemon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle" (劇場版ポケットモンスター:ココ)   9 216 196 501
8 "Escape from Mogadishu" (모가디슈) 2021/07/28 7 023 3 597 706
9 "Gravity"   6 793 3 292 520
10 "Stillwater"   6 732 13 427

*** Korean Cultural Centre UK announced that it will hold the 16th London Korean Film Festival for two weeks from Nov. 4 to 19. The festival organizer said it will screen 35 Korean films of diverse genres. Last year, the annual event was held as an online-offline hybrid festival due to the pandemic, but this year all of the films will be screened at nine local theaters in London. “Escape from Mogadishu” has been selected as the opener of the festival while the closing film is “Heaven: To the Land of Happiness”. :ohboy2:

source : Korea Herald

• Awesome 1

Korea Selects ESCAPE FROM MOGADISHU for Oscars’ Best International Feature Section

Ryoo Seungwan Action Hit Follows in the Footsteps of PARASITE 

20211013145636f62c3ac8-f4d8-4feb-8dc8-8c9d619849db.png

Director Ryoo Seungwan’s summer action hit Escape from Mogadishu has been selected as this year’s Korean submission to the Best International Feature category of the Academy Awards.

The film follows Woo Minho’s political drama The Man Standing Next (2020), which was Korea’s Academy Awards pick last year, but ultimately failed to make it to the shortlist.

Based on events that took place in the early 1990s, Escape from Mogadishu takes place in the Somalian capital where diplomats from the North and South Korean embassies try to pull strings to get their countries admitted into the United Nations. Their tireless efforts are put on hold when the Somalian Civil War erupts, and the rivals must join forces to find a safe way out of the war-torn city. Kim Yunseok and Huh Joonho play the South and North Korean ambassadors, respectively, while Zo Insung and Koo Kyohwan play their consuls.

Released this summer, Escape from Mogadishu has been the biggest hit at the Korean box office this year, having welcomed almost 3.6 million viewers (USD 28.77 million)

Only two Korean films have ever advanced to the shortlist stage of the Best International Feature category, Lee Changdong’s Burning (2018) and Bong Joonho’s Parasite (2019). Parasite became the first Korean film to make it to the final five nominees and went on to make history by winning the category, as well as the Oscars for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Screenplay.

The shortlist for the Best International Feature category at the 2022 Oscars will be unveiled on December 21, with the final nominees following on February 8 before the Academy Awards ceremony on March 27.

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601006&seq=5635&mode=VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

• Awesome 1

Cha Tae-hyun, turning point in 26 years of acting life [Comprehensive Interview]

Q. Do you have a sibling like Kang Seonho that you cherish?

I have a lot of dongseng and hyung that I cherish. Ahn Jae-wook is also one of my favorite brothers. There are many including Chairman Ahn Sung-ki. A younger brother whom I cherish like Kang Seon-ho is Jo In-seong because we did a program together. There are many good younger brothers. It's good to have fun, but there are also things that get closer while doing programs together. I have a lot of friends that I cherish.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111671852

[Official] Disney Plus, the original content lineup..."You can watch it on Samsung, LG TV, PS5, and phone!"

spacer.png

Rep. Ahn Joon-yong introduced a lineup of devices that allow streaming services and original contents of Walt Disney Company Korea a month before the launch of Disney+ in Korea.

Walt Disney Company Korea held Korea Media Day on the morning of the 14th and introduced Disney+'s major business strategies and services in Korea. It also introduced its original story and original content lineup, which are loved worldwide for the first time in Korea.

Disney+, which will be officially released in Korea on November 12,

Hide contents

offers a wide range of movies and TV programs featuring Disney's six core brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star.

Disney Plus expands the detailed worldview that Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has not shown in movies. It introduces multi-buses such as Wanda Vision, Rocky, and What If series in earnest, and draws a political and social structure that has changed since "Avengers: Endgame" in Falcon and Winter Soldier.

In star brands, you can mainly see Fox's Kingsman series, Deadpool series, and Free Guy acquired by Disney. Marvel's X-Man series is already on the Marvel section.

The subscription fee is 9,900 won per month or 99,000 won per year, and mobile and tablet devices (android-based smartphones and tablets and Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), smart TVs (latest firmware Hisense TV, LG TV, 2016 Tizen or higher Samsung Electronics TV) and connected TVs (Google TV, Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Playbox, PlayStation 5, PlayStation, X-Station, 5, You can also enjoy Disney+ through LG U+ IPTV and mobile, LG Hello Vision Cable TV, and KT Mobile.

Disney has been doing business in various fields in Korea for the past 30 years, delivering new entertainment experiences to Korean consumers, and allowing anyone to access excellent and original stories, and expanding Disney's long-standing collaboration with Korean partners and creators.

Jay Trinidad, director of direct-to-consumer business at Walt Disney Company Asia-Pacific, introduced partnerships, local content, and creative strategies in the Asia-Pacific region. 

Trinidad said, "Korea is sweeping the global content and entertainment industry by capturing the hearts of audiences around the world with its outstanding cultural content." "We look forward to introducing the best global entertainment to domestic consumers through the release of Disney+ in Korea and at the same time showing Korea's creative excellence to audiences around the world," he said. 

Hide contents

With the launch of Disney+, consumers can enjoy a total of more than 16,000 movies and TV programs, including star brands that offer a wide range of general entertainment. Star Brand offers original and Korean content produced with domestic content creators, as well as numerous contents of various genres produced by ABC, 20th Century Television, 20th Century Studio, and Searchlight Pictures.

Disney+ can be accessed simultaneously from up to four devices and supports downloading from up to 10 mobile devices. Subscribers can set up profiles for each user, including setting up interfaces for their children, through the viewing restriction function, and watch content online with family and friends with the Group Watch function.

From November 12th, you can sign up for Disney+ through the official Disney+ website or Android and iOS apps.

Meanwhile, at 2 p.m. today, a showcase introducing original Korean content will be held, and the first posters of "Moving" starring Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo and Jo In-sung are expected to be released.

http://www.onews.tv/news/articleView.html?idxno=93645

Disney+ Slate Of Asia-Pacific Fare 

Disney has pulled back the curtain on its slate of Asia-Pacific films and TV shows set for its two-year-old streaming service. 

Those are among 20-plus global, regional and local-language projects revealed today as headed for Disney+ as South Korean drama series Squid Game has become a global phenomenon. Check out the slate below.

The new APAC projects include original productions from scripted live-action tentpole series including drama, comedy, fantasy, romance, sci-fi, crime and horror to variety shows, documentaries and anime from markets including Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Greater China and Australia. Subject to local availability, the new APAC content titles will be available on the streaming service over the next year, Disney said today.

Disney is “combining the global resources of the company with the best content creators from Asia Pacific to develop and produce original stories on Disney+,” said Luke Kang, president of Disney Asia Pacific. “With over-the-top services going mainstream, emergence of world-class content from Asia Pacific and rising consumer sophistication, we believe that this is the right time for us to deepen our collaboration with the region’s best content creators to deliver unparalleled storytelling to global audiences.”

Added Jessica Kam-Engle, Disney’s APAC Head of Content & Development, who unveiled the new content slate: ““Our production strategy is centered on working with the best local storytellers in the region, leveraging our brand power, scale and dedication to creative excellence.”

Disney+ is available in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand and will launch next month in South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan. The new projects are part of Disney’s plan to greenlight more than 50 APAC Originals by 2023.

Here are key highlights of Disney’s APAC slate, with synopses provided by the company:

Moving
Action-hero thriller series from Korea based on the webtoon by Kang Full about three teenagers discovering their unusual powers.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/kang-daniel-disney-plus-asia-pacific-series-films-1234855697/

spacer.png

"MOVING" by Jo In Sung. "It's my first OTT work...""I can't wait to see how it will turn out".

spacer.png

Actor Jo In-sung expressed his feelings about appearing in Disney + Moving.

At the Walt Disney Company Korea Disney+ APAC content showcase held live on the afternoon of the 14th, Jo In-sung said, "I think many people are looking forward to and waiting for Disney+," adding, "It's my first time doing OTT work, so I'm looking forward to how it will come out."

He then said, "We will work hard to finish filming well and do well in fairness so that you can enjoy it."

Moving is an action hero thriller based on Kang Full's webtoon, and is a mega-drama about three teenagers discovering innate superpowers. Actors Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo, and Jo In-sung are drawing attention as they have confirmed their appearances.

Writer Kang Full said, "There was a story that could not be solved in the webtoon. He expressed confidence in the drama, saying, "I solved the character transcription a little more closely and wrote it much more fun."

Meanwhile, "Moving" will be released worldwide through Disney+, the OTT service of Walt Disney Company Korea.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01889286629212920&mediaCodeNo=258

"I will show you the Korean hero" Kang full → ' Moving' introduced by Jo Insung    

spacer.png

Writer Kang Full, director Park In-je, and leading actors introduced 'Moving' to viewers for the first time.

With the drama "Moving" set to be released through Disney+, original writer Kang Full, director Park In-je, actors Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo and Jo In-sung attended to talk about the work.

"Moving" is an action hero thriller based on Kang Full's webtoon, a mega-drama about three teenagers discovering innate superpowers.

At the event, director Park In-je and writer Kang Full first began to introduce the work. "Moving" is a kind of chronicle. It's a story about talented people and families. In a way, it's an action movie, but it's a fun work with a warm story overall," and Kang Full, who also worked on the script himself, said, "There were a lot of stories that were not solved in the cartoon. I tried to have fun by unraveling the warrior of the characters in more detail.".

The three actors then introduced their respective roles. Ryu Seung-ryong, who plays Kwon Yong-deuk, explained, "I have a regenerative ability to recover. I have a paternal love to protect my daughter, and I'm loyal to my colleagues. It's also humorous," and Han Hyo-ju said, "Mi-hyun is a character with superhuman senses. I have to go back and forth between the past and the present. I had to play all the elite aspects as an agent, deep melodrama, maternal love to protect my child. I'm working on filming with deep agony because it is a very three-dimensional and complex character.".

Jo In-sung, who plays Doo-sik, said, "He is Mi-hyun's husband and an NIS black agent. He has the ability to fly," adding, "Since it is an original work, I think it will be fun to find out what is the same and what is different.".

Finally, director Park said, "It will be a work that I am looking forward to every week, so please look forward to it," and Ryu Seung-ryong and Han Hyo-joo stressed, "I am happy to introduce Moving as one of the various works of Disney. I will do my best to prepare for it."

Also, Jo In-sung said, "I think many people will have expectations for Disney+. In fact, this is my first OTT work, so I personally look forward to how it will come out. I will film hard and finish it well so that you can have fun. Until then, I hope you have a lot of expectations and attention," and added, "I would like to show viewers around the world what Korean-style hero movies are like as soon as possible.".

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=16341928541608431002

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Hello, I'm Jo In Sung, a model for Catch Fashion.

Recently, it became easier to purchase online luxury goods.

I guess you're worried about fake items.

So through a partnership with a global official online partner,

luxury sales platform with 0% worry about fake goods,

I wanted to be a catch fashion model.

I'm saying hello to you now.

When you buy luxury goods, you can't have fake goods, even 0.1%.

After comparing the price through Catch Fashion,

I think it'd be better if you bought it here.

Please show a lot of love for Catch Fashion. Through Catch Fashion, We'll continue to say hello to you while we promote. 

It was nice to see you. See you again!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVAYIhjNcNK/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVAYcCqBuCV/?utm_medium=copy_link

Filming for Director Ryu Seung Wan's next movie, "Smuggling", has ended...The end of the five-month journey.

spacer.png

The filming for Director Ryu Seung-wan's next film, "Smuggling," who had a spectacular year with "Mogadishu," has ended.
According to the film industry on the 15th, director Ryu Seung-wan's new film "Smuggling" recently finished its last filming and began working on the second half.

Started filming in early June, "Smuggling," is a work about the criminal activities of two women caught up in smuggling. It tells the story of a peaceful and small sea village in the 1970s.

Kim Hye-soo and Yeom Jeong-ah will play the two main characters. This work is expected to be a solid lineup joined by Jo In-sung, Park Jung-min, and Ko Min-si.

As it is director Ryu Seung-wan's next film, who succeeded in making a spectacular return by winning a box office record and various award trophies with "Mogadishu" this year, much attention is also being paid to this work.

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=448059