Yu-na Kim (김연아) 2008 Grand Prix Final!

Guest jahye

wow, they had a live orchestra?

:lol: No. It's a photoshop from a fan. I like the picture because it shows she doesn't just skate to the music, but she really feels it, as if the orchestra is right in front of her.

Those fan dedications are cool. And your Yuna sig is really cute!

It's another dcinside fan creation. Some fan created drawings of all the skaters in this competition and they're giving mugs with these drawings on it to the skaters as presents. This picture is really popular at the dcinside messageboard:

11le8.jpg

This one is cute as well. It's that non-expressive expression Kim Yeon Ah has on her face most of the time when she's not skating.

10il8.jpg

PRACTICE SESSION (Wednesday)

a3sk4.jpg

a8en2.jpg

a22zm5.jpg

(thumbnails, click to enlarge)

a4ls1.th.jpg a5fe0.th.jpg a6ty3.th.jpg a7or0.th.jpg

a9tx5.th.jpg a10lv6.th.jpg a11zv3.th.jpg a12kn0.th.jpg a13uh4.th.jpg

a14tc8.th.jpg a15tr5.th.jpg a16nu4.th.jpg a17xi8.th.jpg

a18if4.th.jpg a19uk0.th.jpg a20qv4.th.jpg a23wt6.th.jpg

90695604jv6.th.jpg c2cn8.th.jpg c3nl9.th.png c4bd7.th.jpg

Ladies Short Program is this Friday!

68440541ff5.jpg

It starts at 6:15 A.M. on the East coast.

Guest virvir111

all i ask for her to do is a clean program with no mistake.. n she can easily get the 200 pts... but then again.. judging problems,, money,, n doing a clean program from all the mental nervousness isnt easy.. stupid judging always has influence in figure skating tournaments for every skaters which i think is effed up, which is why figure skating also isnt as popular as it used to be.. sigh.

PRACTICE SESSION

h4yl4.jpg

h8eh2.th.jpg h9pm1.th.jpg h10bc4.th.jpg

h6eu5.th.jpg h11ef5.th.jpg h12ht0.th.jpg

h14gu5.th.jpg h15tm7.th.jpg h13zf5.th.jpg

h16dz9.th.jpg h2lc7.th.jpg h3jd5.th.jpg

71609237iu2.th.jpg h7ep7.th.jpg h5em8.th.jpg

g3dh4.th.jpg g4yc0.th.jpg h17gr8.th.jpg

PRESS CONFERENCE

17601253gh2.jpg

a2jy1.jpg

With her coach, Brian Orser

b3lg6.jpg

b4th1.jpg

b5qc3.jpg

b6ao0.jpg

e3hq6.th.jpg e2pe0.th.jpg 82709457ej5.th.jpg

e4ca2.th.jpg e6mk9.th.jpg e7zl8.th.jpg

e9td6.th.jpg e10fn8.th.jpg e8ka2.th.jpg

e11mm6.th.jpg e5sf8.th.jpg

credits; naver + kr.yahoo

Guest system_chaos

So this is why the NoKy brothers have a HaHaHa campaign ad dedicated to her. :D :D

EDT

her facial expressions are cute! haha, hwaiting~

Guest miss betty

today's SP was tight..

both her and #2 were 65.something.. she edged out just by 0.4something points..

performing at home especially when koreans get loud and intimidating must be so hard for her.. she's the only representative for her country and not only that, she's one of the best therefore the expectations are way high.. sports should be fun.. hate when people compare her and mao.. they should be happy that asians represent.. also hate those haters who thinks they're professional judges..

i've watched how the japanese figure skaters were so pressured when it came to international events including the team events and especially at the olympics and worlds where some cracked.. the intensity and expectations were so stressful for them..

tonight, i saw yuna holding it together at the end.. from her facial expression, you can tell that she was trying hard not to break down .. she did cry, something she never does but she did it backstage.. when she went off the rink, she had a solemn expression and you can hear her coach say "you alright? that was the hardest thing you ever had to do.."

^ Yup, it was very close call between Yeon Ah and Mao. Truthfully, I think the higher score could have gone to either of them, but since the competition is in Korea, I think they gave the upper hand to Yeon Ah. But the scores are so close anyways, it's virtually a tie and it gives Yeon Ah the advantage of skating last in the LP.

I also agree that the roaring crowd got to her, but she managed to hold it together till the finish. In the press conference before the SP, she said she didn't feel that burdened by competing at home, but I don't think she realized how many people were cheering her on and wanted to see her do well. She's been gone, training in Canada and didn't really understand just how popular she is in Korea. I think when she walked into the arena and heard the crowd, the pressure finally hit her. But again, she still managed to do well under the pressure, but not as she good as she can be.

The fan support is incredible, but still, way too much pressure on her!

22zw4.jpg

98452272pr4.jpg

SHORT PROGRAM

12zj2.jpg

13ai3.jpg

32308785ek1.jpg

60186923zk7.th.jpg a2em5.th.jpg 84855269dk1.th.jpg c2sq7.th.jpg

73320119ds5.th.jpg d2vn5.th.jpg d3zr2.th.jpg d4fk8.th.jpg

97350715re7.th.jpg f2hi9.th.jpg f3ig8.th.jpg f4iz1.th.jpg

57935267fu7.th.jpg g2bu8.th.jpg g3rj1.th.jpg g4te4.th.jpg

58663099pf0.th.jpg h2bs8.th.jpg h3vv7.th.jpg h4tu5.th.jpg

92665404kw5.th.jpg i2re5.th.jpg i3ou2.th.jpg i4jw5.th.jpg

93088600ba9.th.jpg j2us0.th.jpg j3fu1.th.jpg

49573752rg2.th.jpg k3fa2.th.jpg k4ac8.th.jpg k2og0.th.jpg

Like miss betty said, when she hugged her coach after her performance, he told her that's the hardest thing she'll ever do and it will only get easier. The pressure and expectations really hit her and she cried for the first time ever after a performance.

12363597js2.th.jpg l2ke8.th.jpg l3uy1.th.jpg l4wr8.th.jpg l5mt7.th.jpg

26156358un3.th.jpg m2oy1.th.jpg m3vj1.th.jpg m4hj8.th.jpg m5mm4.th.jpg

The cameras even followed her after the competition and she was crying even harder. :tears:

85937204ya1.gif17900973zv7.th.jpg 32kw9.th.jpg

pic credits; kr yahoo + dcinside

Ratings for the ladies competition are huge. Over 20%! And that's the average rating for the entire broadcast. The rating would probably be a lot higher when it was her turn on the ice.

For the LP, I want Yeon Ah to go out there and do her best without feeling the burden of the whole population of Korea watching her. I want her to be relaxed in her own home and have fun instead of feeling pressured. 연아양 화이팅~!

Guest epiklove.

kim yuna came in 2nd for the free skate. mao asada won gold. congrats to both of them ^^

even though kim yuna didn't win gold, i'm sure she did great!

Mao Asada - 188.55

Kin Yuna - 186.35

Credits: isu.org

Guest songssiissii

kim yuna came in 2nd for the free skate. mao asada won gold. congrats to both of them ^^

even though kim yuna didn't win gold, i'm sure she did great!

Mao Asada - 188.55

Kin Yuna - 186.35

Credits: isu.org

isnt mao asada the skater that yuna thinks of as her biggest rival?

I prefer Arakawa Shizuka. She was truly an artist on ice. I wish she didn't retire, I still want to see more of her.

Kim Yu na is good too, but her skate doesn't leave me any impression, sorry Yuna's fans. But she's still young, and she's gonna be great someday.

Archived