2008 S B S Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ovette

omg delayed as i may be.. i have managed to watch SBS year end awards only now :( CB has been killing me and the DL rate was 8kb/s at the most.. goodness ive been leaving my laptop open for days. haha. im dling KBS year end awards atm.

i just wanna comment on the winners.. i have to say i am most satisfied with the results.. im so happy i avoided spoilers. it just gave me the thrill.. i initially thought LJK would be taking home daesang after receiving inkisang and all the fans shouting everytime his name was called. but when LJK's name was announced for top excellence i was like omg it's gotta be KHN for daesang, SYA and MGY for top excellence! then the host revealed a tie for top excellence female which were hailed to the lovely OA girls. i was dead sure MGY was gonna get daesang already. i havent watched POTW yet but seeing from the little previews, i could already see how well she performed in the drama. no wonder she got daesang. NO DOUBTS unlike MBC's haha. when GY's name was called, it was obvious how overwhelmed and surreal she felt about it. at that instant, i felt soooo proud of her. tears even fell from my eyes. her body was shivering from disbelief and words wont come out of her mouth. funny how we could still see the childness in her when she couldnt stop sobbing and was left unspoken. it was just a while back when she was korea's little sister and now she received the highest award outbeating senior actors and actresses. im sure the whole Korea felt proud for their little sister as well... i was deeply touched and lol it definitely gave chills up my spine. so with that...

Moon Geun Young, congratulations! We are very proud of you!

i also believe MGY sparkled the brightest that evening. i mean in terms of gown... lol i think hers was the best, it was in a way artsy. but i noticed she grew really thin, which made me worry a little. she must have suffered a lot in POTW. glad she got the reward she has been waiting for. :D the other gowns were bleehhh.. lol i also liked HYS's red carpet gown, but those she wore while hosting were so-so. another actress that really glowed that night was LYW. goodness, when she was walking towards the mic, i was like who's this actress?? then the name flashed on the screen and i still didnt recognize her. i thought she just had the same name as the "LYW" in Fashion 70s. but yeah, i think her mascara did the magic. she really looked stunning!

ok on to my complaints. i was grumbling and looking for Gourmet's table during the entire show. i was pretty sure i saw LSY and the others during the first part, but where did they all go during the second part?? their table was COMPLETELY gone?? lol. i was kinda disappointed with the attendance of the actors and actresses :( i looked forward on seeing Lee Bum Soo, KIM RAE WON and NAM SANG MI (really!!), Yoon Jung Hee, Lee Seon Gyun, Lee Jin Wook but they werent there.. and especially the Gourmet table. i mean the main casts were not present? at some point i forgot Gourmet was an SBS drama haha. it was just sad not being able to see them. then when MGY was announced daesang only MCW and the other guy stood up for her. the table looks so empty and lonely :( i bet if KHN won, the OA table would be rejoicing. they were nearly complete (except for LBS :() and just the sight of the bouquets SYA and KHN received from their staff, the writer was even crying for their victory. im glad the OA casts had a bit of a reunion that night :). oh and another one.. although i dont mean any insults, i think the presentation done by iljimae was trying hard to be gag? haha. i really didnt know what they were arriving at. the story was kinda ??

but all in all i think the show was fun. seeing PARK YONG HA and how the camera focuses on him all the time. **faint** oh those dimples.. im really glad he dressed up decent this time.. no add-ons like scarfs and what-nots. :P lol his fans were so supportive of him. and also the SL interview... wow really that was live. it's sad how CJW and YJT had to work on new year's eve. i just hope their efforts get paid off with higher ratings.. or if not, a number of good reviews on this drama. coz i really think it deserves one. :)

Guest Gen_Ji

omo... congratz to MOON GEUN YOUNG onnie... I'm so glad that she got daesang... She is indeed very talented actress...

but why she is so skinny now...

Congratz to all other winners too...

thanks for making the thread...

kim rae won and nam sang mi did not attend .. ~~ i thought nam sang mi will go , cause in namsangmi.com they are talking about and planning the preparations in the SBS awards..

and nam sang mi did not get any award, she should have got... :mellow:

but the other girl in gourmet got one ... :(

I noticed the first post (otherwise comprehensive, thanks kdramafanusa!^^) didn't have the complete list of Lead Acting~Top Excellence nominees, so here they are: :)

MALE TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD (남자 최우수연기상)

Lee Joon-Ki 이준기 (Iljimae 일지매)

Lee Beom-Soo 이범수 (On Air 온에어)

Park Shin-Yang 박신양 (Painter Of The Wind 바람의 화원)

Kim Rae-Won 김래원 (Gourmet 식객)

FEMALE TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD (여자 최우수연기상)

Moon Geun-Young 문근영 (Painter Of The Wind 바람의 화원)

Kim Ha-Neul 김하늘 (On Air 온에어)

Kim Hae-Sook (First Wives Club 조강지처 클럽)

Song Yoon-Ah 송윤아 (On Air 온에어)

MALE LEAD - SERIAL DRAMA AWARD (남자 연속극 연기상)

Lee Hoon 이훈 (I Am Happy / Happiness 행복합니다)

Park Shi-Hoo 박시후 (Family Honor 가문의영광)

Lee Jin-Wook 이진욱 (Glass Castle / City Of Glass 유리의 성)

Ahn Nae-Sang 안내상 (First Wives Club 조강지처 클럽)

FEMALE LEAD - SERIAL DRAMA AWARD (여자 연속극 연기상)

Yoon So-Yi 윤소이 (Glass Castle / City Of Glass 유리의 성)

Oh Hyun-Kyung 오현경 (First Wives Club 조강지처 클럽)

Yoon Jung-Hee 윤정희 (Family Honor 가문의영광)

Kim Hye-Seon 김혜선 (First Wives Club 조강지처 클럽)

MALE LEAD AWARD - SPECIAL DRAMA (남자 드라마스페셜 연기상)

Ji Hyun-Woo 지현우 (My Sweet Seoul 달콤한 나의 도시)

Bong Tae-Gyu 봉태규 (Working Mom 워킹맘)

Park Yong-Ha 박용하 (On Air 온에어)

Song Chang-Ui 송창의 (The Scales of Providence 신의 저울)

Lee Seon-Gyun 이선균 (My Sweet Seoul 달콤한 나의 도시)

FEMALE LEAD AWARD - SPECIAL DRAMA (여자 드라마스페셜 연기상)

Choi Kang-Hee 최강희 (My Sweet Seoul 달콤한 나의 도시)

Yeom Jung-Ah 염정아 (Working Mom 워킹맘)

Lee Da-Hae 이다해 (Robber 불한당)

Lee Young-Ah 이영아 (Iljimae 일지매)

MALE LEAD AWARD - SPECIAL PLANNING (남자 특별기획 연기상)

Kim Rae-Won 김래원 (Gourmet 식객)

Jang Hyuk 장혁 (Tazza 타짜)

Kim Joo-Hyuk 김주혁 (Terroir 떼루아)

Kim Min-Joon 김민준 (Tazza 타짜)

FEMALE LEAD AWARD - SPECIAL PLANNING (여자 특별기획 연기상)

Han Hye-Jin 한혜진 (Terroir 떼루아)

Nam Sang-Mi 남상미 (Gourmet 식객)

Han Ye-Seul 한예슬 (Tazza 타짜)

Kim Sa-Rang 김사랑 (Tokyo Sun Shower 도쿄 여우비)

I was so disappointed because there is no Award for Drama of The Year..

It will be interesting if there's an award for Drama of The Year..

So we'll know which drama is gaining most attention not only from the viewers but also the judges..

But anyway, congratulation to all the winners..

Guest kdramafanusa

I noticed the first post (otherwise comprehensive, thanks kdramafanusa!^^) didn't have the complete list of Lead Acting~Top Excellence nominees, so here they are: :)

Melusine, thank you so much for this list. :)

Guest hyperhikari

no idea. im hoping there is a sub for this..

anyway, i just noticed. the other lady who is sitting between MGY and BSB, who is that? Is she from POTW? I was watching the first part and noticed.. bcos the pics of the daesang/best couple didn't have her there. or maybe i just didnt noticed..

i also believe MGY sparkled the brightest that evening. i mean in terms of gown... lol i think hers was the best, it was in a way artsy. but i noticed she grew really thin, which made me worry a little. she must have suffered a lot in POTW. glad she got the reward she has been waiting for. :D the other gowns were bleehhh..

Have to agree. I thought MGY was by far the best dressed. No other gowns really stood out for me.

no idea. im hoping there is a sub for this..

anyway, i just noticed. the other lady who is sitting between MGY and BSB, who is that? Is she from POTW? I was watching the first part and noticed.. bcos the pics of the daesang/best couple didn't have her there. or maybe i just didnt noticed..

Her name is Kim So Yeon...she was in Gourmet. I don't know why she sometimes sat at the POTW table. In some shots she is there and in some shots she isn't.

Guest hyperhikari

Yes, have to agree. MGY is one of the best dressed! Simple yet 'young and lively'. Suits her well.

I see.. I guess they didnt have enough seats.

*here's hoping for an english subs*

Btw, what was conversation between the mc and MGY when she received her top 10 star awards on stage? Thx in advanced.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Herald 2009.01.14

Winners of *showbiz grand prizes

Every year, the entertainment industry ends the year by holding the three main broadcasting companies' - KBS, MBC and SBS -award ceremonies.

The first ceremony was held on Dec. 27 by KBS which was the Entertainment Awards ceremony. The entertainment ceremony gives awards to celebrities who have given *laughter to the viewers through comedy and variety shows.

While many prizes were being given out many people were *curious about who would get the *grand prizes. This year, the "entertainment grand prize" of all three broadcasting companies was a *fight between two of Korea's best MCs, Kang Ho-dong and Yoo Jae-seok. Kang, won the first round by taking home the entertainment grand prize of KBS' Entertainment Awards. MBC's entertainment grand prize went to Kang again and Yoo won the SBS entertainment grand prize. Although the two were *rivals, they showed their *friendship by *truly congratulating each other and thanking each other in their speeches.

Acceptance speeches made by some of the celebrities after receiving the awards also *touched the hearts of the fans and viewers. After winning an award, comedian Park Ji-sun who has skin trouble said "I want to be a comedian who feels sad at the fact that I cannot make people laugh more by doing funny makeup rather than a woman who feels sad because she is not able to become prettier by putting makeup on."

"An organization *selected 'Gag Concert' as a bad program but if they had seen comedians have their idea meetings at least once they would not have made such a selection. I would like them to think about what the time that makes the public laugh at such trouble times mean," said comedian Hwang Hyun-hee in his thank you speech.

Another celebrity that made history in showbiz was actress Moon Geun-young. Moon who was born in 1987 became the youngest actress to win a grand prize in an acting award ceremony. She won the grand prize award at the SBS Acting Awards which was held on the last day of 2008 for her role in the drama "The Painter of Wind" (바람의 화원) where she acted as *girl-turnedboy painter Shin Yun-bok during the Joseon Dynasty.

When Moon's name was *announced, she could not believe it and *burst into tears. She cried so much that she was *shivering and could not even go up on stage. MC Ryu Shi-won asked her to come up on stage and told her that since she was the grand prize winner she had to cry on stage.

It took Moon awhile to gather herself and say her thank you speech. She started her speech by saying "Thank you for giving me such a big award. I want to continue acting but I am afraid that this prize will be a *burden to me." Moon said the person that came into her mind the most was her grandmother and ended her speech by saying "Today is a really happy moment for me but I will just remember it until tonight and from tomorrow I will start with a new *mind and become an actress that does her best in acting."

Other actors and an actress that won a grand prize in acting are Kim Hye-ja, Kim Myung-min and Song Seung-hun. Kim Hye-ja won the KBS award and the MBC award went to two actors, Kim Myung-min and Song Seung-hun. The three actors were *recognized for their acting skills in the dramas which they starred in KBS' "Angry Mom," MBC's "Beethoven Virus" or "East of Eden, respectively.

By Yeom Min-a (mina@heraldm.com)

• 10 months later...

Archived