[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest haezi

i watched the first epi and i must say that they made an excellent decision casting go hyun jung as the ruthless mi shil. she exudes lethal power despite her soft beauty. her expressions, while on the dramatic side, are spot on, with a quirk of the eyebrow or with loving eyes filled with tears as she gazes on the dead king she was about to kill. you could totally see that she both loved the king as a wise teacher and leader and was excited by the prospect of rising above the king to set up her own reign. half way into the episode, when she executed her lines "these are my people, not yours. and also...this is the era of mishil" shivers ran down my spine.

i feel that this drama is doing right what twssg (the legend) didn't do convincingly...keep the legends and special effects in the background rather than as the major plot driver. it's only the first episode and the drama isn't perfect (the maid, so hwa played by the lovely seo young hee is pretty annoying) but at least it seems that the monday/tuesday dramas have awesome villians (first with chae do woo in story of a man and now mishil in queen seon deok). i rarely finish period dramas, since they're so long and my limited korean makes it harder to follow the plot but i look forward to the next few episodes. just as kim shin in story of a man eventually shows his own, i hope lee yo won has what it takes to rise above mishil.

Guest lucky_moon

I still didn't watch it but it seems an exciting drama, at first I didn't even bother to think to watch it but I need to change the type of dramas I recently watch, Hopefully will be as good as u guys said..

Guest ruishi

just saw episode 1 and i think it was great! it looks promising, & it seems it will

live up to people's expectations. i myself am already looking forward to the subbed

version of the 2nd episode.

Guest Oh! Snap

Just finished watching the first episode, and wow, things are so intense right off the bat haha. Really looking forward to watching this story unfold :]

i haven't watched the episode yet (cause im still downloading it ^_^)

soojin is the mother of the two princesses, dukman & chunmyung right?

*and her husband will be the future king, no? (older jo minki)

i hope someone does a recap~ (or a synopsis of the first two episodes XD)

i can't wait to watch it<3

Guest yeohweping

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=6617

[Queen Seon-deok] 500 extras on set for Nang-cheon-jae, a Hwa-rang festival

-Overnight filming for the grand scale Hwa-rang festival Nang-cheon-jae and the coronation of King Jin-ji

The most anticipated drama of the year [Queen Seon-deok] aired the very talked about spectacular scenes of King Jin-ji's coronation and the Nang-cheon Festival (a Hwa-rang festival) in its first episode. These scenes were filmed day and night recently.

The head count for extras used were at approximately 500, two large cranes held up lights bright enough to brighten the set like the day, and several moving cameras were set up.

The coronation of the young and fragile King Jin-ji was attended by the six different clans and their distinctive ways of cultural dancing, and the ceremony came to a close after its highlight, the contact with Silla's founder Park Hyeok-keo-se. Filming began on May 5th as soon as the sun set and continued until dawn the following day. The dance team from Sang-myeong University performed beautifully and those actors specializing in action moves captured everyone's interest with their martial arts moves.

Another scene was filmed the following day, the Nang-cheon Festival (a Hwa-rang festival) and the sworn resolution of the Hwa-rang members. In this scene, Mi-shil (Go Hyeon-jeong) leads the sworn Hwa-rang members to King Jin-ji in order to demand his abdication of the throne.

With dark make-up around the eyes and their lips reddened, the Hwa-rang members follow Mi-shil with fierce determination into the Hwa-rang main hall and demand that King Jin-ji abdicate the throne.

The veteran cinematographer of historical period pieces Kim Young-cheol and director Kim Geun-hong of [Yi San] and [Jewel in the Palace] walked everyone through this difficult scene.

This scene was necessarily in order to show Mi-shil's wily says as well as the way she wields great power. The viewers will be able to witness the extravagance of the Silla Kingdom, the fierce battle for power as well as the determination of Hwa-rang as never seen before.

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=6625

[Queen Seon-deok] In the footsteps of a hit drama with premiere ratings of 16%

-TNS nationwide 16%, Seoul 17.1%

-AGB Nielson nationwide 15.3, Seoul 16.8%, scoring similarly to <Ju-mong> and higher than <Jewel in the Palace> <Yi San>

MBC's 48th Anniversary special drama [Queen Seon-deok] (scripted by Kim Young-hyeon & Park Sang-yeon, directed by Park Hong-gyun & Kim Geun-hong) followed in the footsteps of past hit historical period pieces that aired during the Mon-Tues timeslot with high premiere ratings and got off to a good start.

The first episode of [Queen Seon-deok] aired at 10:30PM on the 25th. The Silla Kingdom's main temptress Mi-shil (Go Hyeon-jeong] showed us a kaleidoscope of facial expressions that reflected her dream to usurp the throne, stirring and exciting action as well as a great charisma as she demanded the king abdicate the throne, recording a high rating of 16%. In the main metropolitan city of Seoul, ratings hit a high of 17.1%.

According to AGB Nielson, the ratings were 15.3% adn 16.8% nationwide and in Seoul, respectively, and therefore [Queen Seon-deok] has all the ingredients to become a hit drama.

[Queen Seon-deok] follows the tradition of historical period dramas airing in the Mon-Tues timeslot, and it beat scriptwriter Kim Young-hyeon's previous work <Jewel in the Palace>, which had a 15.2% (TNS nationwide) rating for its first episode. And it scored higher than the recent drama by director Lee Byeong-hun <Yi San> by 2% since <Yi San> recorded 14% ratings for its first episode. And it is only .3% lower than <Ju-mong>'s first episode (16.3%). Therefore [Queen Seon-deok] continues the tradition of a strong start for MBC's hit historical period piece dramas.

[Queen Seon-deok] was highly anticipated by the media and the public even before its first episode, and afterwards, viewers showed a high interest on the official website for the character of Mi-shil, acted by Go Hyeon-jeong.

After the first episode, user [seo Jeong-wu] praised, "It was highly intense and fun. I'm looking forward to Go Hyeon-jong's great acting." And user [Kim Byeon-san] said, "Mi-shil's terrifying charisma in the first episode gave me chills."

Scriptwriters Kim Young-hyeon and Park Sang-yeon were so nervous they couldn't sleep for a week before the first broadcast, and the two directors put everything into filming night and day in order to win over the viewers.

Led by the tagline "The one who secures the people will acquire the world and rule the ages," [Queen Seon-deok] plans to use this smooth start as a stepping stone in order to present an even more interesting and tight storyline.

Guest conduongmuathu

Episode 2 Ratings

* TNS

Nationwide: 2. 16.6%

Seoul: 2. 17.8%

* AGB

Nationwide: 3. 15.5%

Seoul: 2. 17.2%

Guest dramaok

WOW what a great start. Go Hyeon-jeong looks like she's been dying to play this role. absolutely perfect in every stare and smile. such a man-eater w/ an angelic face.

also Baek Jong-min (the young grown-up version of King Jin-Pyeong) really stood out to me w/ his intense expressive eyes. reminds me of Go Soo's eyes. I've seen Baek JM before as Bae Jong-Ok's son in 'Heavenly match park jeong-geum' and he was captivating there as well. give him a couple of years and he's gonna be a big heartthrob. just need to work on the acting a little.. tone it down a little.. but very captivating presence.

e02090526hdtvxvidentala.jpg

i was so touched when he had to give his 2nd twin daughter to the maid in order to save her, and their little family.. will surely miss him though next week when Jo Min-gi takes over as the middle-aged Jin-Pyeong. though Jo is a great great actor too will surely bring lots to the drama as well.

e02090526hdtvxvidentala.jpg

can't wait to see more! best drama opening so far this year!

Guest conduongmuathu

Episode 01 Mi Shil (Go Hyun Jung) HD Captures

Click the thumbnails to view larger images

th_01.jpgth_02.jpgth_03.jpgth_04.jpg

th_05.jpgth_06.jpgth_07.jpgth_08.jpg

th_09.jpgth_10.jpgth_11.jpgth_12.jpg

th_13.jpgth_14.jpgth_15.jpgth_16.jpg

th_17.jpgth_18.jpgth_19.jpgth_20.jpg

Credit: Daum

Guest conduongmuathu

Episode 01 Mi Shil (Go Hyun Jung) HD Captures

Click the thumbnails to view larger images