Problem With "forgetful" Girlfriend

Guest Tried and True

Guest leejunkified

I agree with Bunnylicious.

Also, I am thinking that maybe she might want to break up with you but doesn´t want to be the one to do it, so maybe she´s doing this thinking you´ll want out.

Of course that I might be wrong, but really... the way she behaves it´s a bit suspicious to me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has lost interest and doesn't care as much about u. She is even advising you to move on and find a better one, hello! she not fighting for you.

She just can't face you and tell you the truth, so she uses cheap excuses over and over again and hopes you'll get the hint and break it off. She's trying to play innocent or is either plain selfish!

Why are still with someone like that? Give her what she is asking for - let her go man.

It's not worth fighting for, if she's not fighting for you either.

She is being careless and is taking you for granted. You should really talk to her about it, and if she keeps on making excuses then just break up with her. Forgetting is something that does happen because I forget a lot but making other plans when you already made plans with your s/o, that's just messed up..

Guest JetGirl

To be honest, I think you guys are being waaay too harsh on his girlfriend.

First year of college is really to find your own feet, and independence, and to her maybe a relationship is getting in a way. It doesn't mean she doesn't love you. She does, but at this moment in time, you guys don't seem right for each other, due to the situation.

Maybe she just fell out of love? she loves you, just not in love. There's nothing wrong with that, and because its her first relationship, she doesn't know how to handle a break up so..i think some of you are being way too harsh.

Guest aznxkaiser

Shes going to dump you. I pity you... Looking for a little bit of love from her yet she never gives it. I suggest you slowly stop talking to her and move on with your life.

BTW I'm eating spam and rice for breakfast. Its good.

Guest eeemily

Omg she sounds really annoying -_-

Forgetful people are so annoying, and if she can't remember things in your relationship, she's definitely NOT worth it.

Guest negitoro

First year of college is really to find your own feet, and independence, and to her maybe a relationship is getting in a way. It doesn't mean she doesn't love you. She does, but at this moment in time, you guys don't seem right for each other, due to the situation.

Maybe she just fell out of love? she loves you, just not in love. There's nothing wrong with that, and because its her first relationship, she doesn't know how to handle a break up so..i think some of you are being way too harsh.

Some things are basic courtesy and respect. This goes beyond relationships and more about how you deal with people in general.

You forget something, that's fine... but she apologized and promised to make it up. The promise was ultimately blown off for something else, so what does that say about the apology? An apology with no follow up is just insincere lip service... it's meaningless and disrespectful.

Being careless and forgetful isn't an excuse. She obviously remembered her plans with her other friends and it's not like she'll forget a midterm or promise her professor a paper that she won't do (otherwise she'd just flunk out).

I'd be mad if any one of my friends broke a promise to me, let alone my girlfriend.

Incidentally, her response is a cop out. I honestly think just wants you to dump her because she can't bring herself to do it.

I have really bad memory too. My bf remembers everything all the time but I never forgot his bday. I never forgot days that we're supposed to see eachother.

The problem I saw was her promising she'll spend one entire day with you AFTER she realized that she forgot your bday. Hanging out with your s/o shouldn't have to be some sort of punishment or a means to redeem herself. It should be something you WANT to do. Not something you decide to do to make up for something you didn't do. Shame on her. You're gonna be meeting a lot of new people in college. It's a new experience with a lot of new people. I think it's better to end it now before it drags on.

you should really have a talk with her. like a serious one that would define the status of the relationship. it seems that she thinks she still likes you, but in reality she doesn't feel it.

Guest kellyalster

well negligence is a valid reason for breakup. it's tough but you might have to resort to that if you're not happy and especially if it's too difficult to compromise with her. you might still love her, but sometimes you gotta let people go.

as for her forgetfulness. i mean, i'm forgetful too. i forgot my boyfriend's birthday too, and he forgot mine. but he doesn't mind it as long as i give him time during the day just to talk. and yeah, we're in a long distance relationship. i think the biggest problem here is that she can't give you anytime. you can't force her though. people have their own priorities. you can try to negotiate with her, otherwise, you just gotta let her go 'cause she needs to focus on her own life especially since she's in a transition from high school to college.

Guest twig*star

i used to be a bit like what you're saying. but that doesn't excuse any of my actions. just because i didn't mean to be selfish, doesnt mean i wasnt. and if someone meant a lot to me i would put in the effort no matter how selfish i was. live & learn.

they are at different places in their lives. making excuses for the gf though just make this guy hold on to a hope that isnt there is not harsh.

[edit] and the "she loves you but not IN love" is a load of bull. if she loved him, she wouldn't have been so careless of his feelings. if she does love him at all, it is the size of an ant. So frankly she is neither in love or very loving.

Guest starrysmile

I think, by you posting your problem on soompi, you're at your wit's end. Question is, do you still feel the same way for her as you did before she started college? If you've exhausted all your efforts [talk to her, rekindle your romance] and your feelings for her have dampened, maybe it's time to let go. I think you should focus more on how you feel instead of just her actions.

Guest x`monsterr

she's a horrible girlfriend. dump her.

yup.

the be honest, she's probably going to find another guy soon enough at her college if she's not even committed enough to remember ur bday/the plans she made.

and so what if this is her first relationship? she's been at it for a year.. she should get it by now. u should remember someone's bday even if u aren't going out! at least, if they are important u should.. and ur obviously not that important to her.

leave her before she leaves u o.o

Archived