[movie 2009] White Night 백야행

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kdramafanusa

Sorry when will the Blue Dragon Award held??

December 2 (Wednesday) starting at 8pm, it will be shown live on KBS. I am wondering if fans know his schedule this week.

WISFC will premiere on the same night.

Although White Night didn't release in time for this year's Blue Dragon (films eligible for this award has to be out by a certain date), stars who have movies are there sometimes. I was hoping to see him & Ye-Jin (she'll be there)....Wishing thinking.... :)

The next major film award show is BaekSang Arts Awards (held in February last year), crossing fingers for White Night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source: The Korea Herald 2009.12.02

Is SBS' new melodrama classic or stale?

200912010025.jpg

Cast of "Will it snow for Christmas." From left: Song Jong-ho, Sun Woo-sun, Han Ye-seul and Ko Soo [sBS]

Is the classic melodrama passe? Viewers will make their judgment call when "Will it Snow for Christmas?" airs on SBS tonight.

In terms of genre, SBS' new Wednesday and Thursday night series could not have picked a more appropriate scriptwriter or director.

Remember 2004 sob-fest "I'm Sorry, I Love You," featuring a memorably coiffed So Ji-sub, or "Memories of Bali," which helped catapult Zo In-sung to stardom and ended with a dramatic triple death?

Their creators have teamed up to take another stab at the classic genre.

"Memories of Bali" director Choi Moon-suk is orchestrating the tale of rekindled childhood love with "I'm Sorry, I Love You" scriptwriter Lee Gyung-hee.

Lee mastered the art of tugging audience heartstrings with "Sangdu, Let's go to School" in 2003, a poignant romance starring Rain, before scripting "I'm Sorry, I Love You" a year later.

Lee's second Rain drama, "A Love to Kill," was equally melodramatic but failed to muster high ratings. She bounced back with "Thank You," arguably her finest work to date, in 2007.

Putting pen to paper to flesh out the tale of two childhood sweethearts, Lee faces the challenge of living up to her own impressive body of work.

Her cast seems to think she will.

"I saw the synopsis for the first two episodes and fell in love with it," said "Will It Snow For Christmas?" actress Sun Woo-sun at a press conference last week.

"I cried when I read the script," said co-star Song Jong-ho.

Both Sun and Song will be starring in the new series as lovers. Sun, who played a wealthy estranged housewife in the hit series "My Wife is a Superwoman," is well-suited for the role of the affluent daughter who pines after a man engaged to another woman.

Tackling the role of the other woman, "Couple or Trouble" actress Han Ye-seul plays the heroine of the series, a woman revisited by her childhood sweetheart -- a reunion that forces her to choose between the two men in her life.

Returning to the small screen after a four-year hiatus, "Piano" heartthrob Ko Soo plays the childhood sweetheart; a character who, Ko Soo says, is more than just an earnest hero.

"This character is hurt by love and tries to overcome that pain," he explained.

It will be interesting to see how the actor, who is currently appearing on the big screen in "White Night," has changed over the years.

"I am nervous and excited," he said. "How will I appear, after so long?"

When asked about the challenges he faces, he answered: "My biggest concern is how I will interpret the remaining scenes."

Co-star Han also discussed her challenges: "When reading the script, when I cannot understand it emotionally, only intellectually, then acting becomes my biggest assignment."

"Before I received the script, when I heard who the director and scriptwriter were, I thought they made a fantastic team," she said.

Despite a strong cast and director-scriptwriter duo, the series will have a hard time beating KBS' blockbuster "IRIS."

According to news reports, the hit drama scored nationwide viewer ratings of 32.5 percent last Thursday, while SBS predecessor "He's Beautiful!" managed to scrape by with a lackluster 11.9 percent.

"Will It Snow For Christmas?" airs tonight on SBS at 9:55 p.m.

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

By Jean Oh

~

Source: The Korea Times 12-01-2009 16:46

New Drama to Bring Warmth This Christmas

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

The Christmas period has many seasonal expectations, one of them being snow. Following the anticipation, both for the television screen and winter, SBS will start airing its new drama "Will It Snow for Christmas?'' Dec. 2.

The storyline of the new soap is the usual boy-meets-girl scenario, but boasts a lovely couple and some of the best makers of dramas in the business.

The handsome Cha Kang-jin, played by actor Ko Soo, leads a tough life, knowing that the only way for him to escape the dark shadows of his childhood is to become the best at everything he does, from fighting to studying. The quiet Kang-jin meets Han Ji-wan, played by Han Ye-seul, and discovers that the world is actually a warm, caring place. When Ji-wan leaves her hometown and Kang-jin after her brother's death from an accident, the heartbroken Kang-jin realizes how much he loved her and embarks on a lonely journey to win her back.

A few years pass, and the two characters meet by chance, only to find themselves already leading new lives without each other.

Ko has made the headlines, as it is the first time in four years and since serving in the military that the star has returned to the small screen.

"I felt both nervous and excited during the first shoot. I watched the episodes and I realized that something was different. I have lost weight, for starters, but there was something different about my presence. I hope the viewers will feel that throughout the drama,'' Ko said during a press conference in southern Seoul last week.

Ko's return will have his fans watching the show, but another reason for the anticipation is the makers: writer Lee Kyung-hee and producer Choi Mun-seok.

Lee has garnered fans with her work in a number of hit dramas, including "Sang-doo, Let's Go to School,'' "I'm Sorry, I Love You'' and "Thank You.'' Choi became famous for his work on "Something Happened in Bali,'' inventing his own style in portraying young and reckless, passionate, love.

"I always wanted to work with Lee and I've tried to persuade her to work together for a long time. We didn't have a specific storyline or character, but we had one idea in common. We wanted to work on a love story, and we wanted to focus on the people,'' Choi said.

According to the production company iHQ, the soap was sold to Japanese DVD firm Tsutaya before the first airing.

The bubbly Han will be playing the happy and headstrong character Ji-wan, who she said was not too different from her own personality.

"She is such a lovable character. I'm actually benefiting from her because she's so lively. It makes me feel happy too,'' Han said.

Han has been portraying various roles since her debut, from the helpless girl who lost her memory in "Couple or Trouble'' (2006, MBC), the cute and attractive character in "Miss Gold Digger'' (2007) to the aggressive gambler in the drama "Tazza'' (2008, SBS), and thanks to the challenge, she has matured into a versatile actress.

"Will it Snow for Christmas'' has stiff competition as the most popular series in the Wednesday and Thursday slot is "Iris'' on KBS. When asked if she felt any pressure, Han smiled and shrugged.

"I would be lying if I said we are not at all concerned, but our show is in a totally different genre, so we decided to just continue making high quality drama. That's what counts in the end, right?'' she said.

When asked if he really thought it would snow this Christmas, Ko smiled and nodded his head.

"Our drama is warm enough to melt all your worries and take the chills away. And personally, yes, I think it's going to snow,'' he said.

"Will It Snow for Christmas'' starts Dec. 2 and will run every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:55 p.m. on SBS. Japanese fans can watch the drama in Japan next April through KNTV.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

~

Daily Box Office - Tuesday 2009/12/01 (preliminary figures)

1. 2012 (US)

Release Date : 2009/11/12

Daily Admission / Total Admission / Screen / Share : 58,298 / 4,417,667 / 546 / 27.4%

2. Ninja Assassin (US)

Release Date : 2009/11/26

Daily Admission / Total Admission / Screen / Share : 53,496 / 662,319 / 264 / 25.2%

3. The Descendants Of Hong Gil Dong (South Korea)

Release Date : 2009/11/26

Daily Admission / Total Admission : 30,154 / 333,261

Screen / Share : 374 / 14.2%

4. White Night (South Korea)

Release Date : 2009/11/19

Daily Admission / Total Admission : 26,513 / 765,816

Screen / Share : 285 / 12.5%

5. Fortune Salon (South Korea)

Release Date : 2009/11/11

Daily Admission / Total Admission : 15,945 / 1,224,459

Screen / Share : 273 / 7.5%

6 크리스마스 캐롤 미국 2009/11/26 11,987 160,494 90,096,000 1,228,592,000 148 5.6

7 바람 한국 2009/11/26 6,424 36,969 46,620,000 270,024,000 113 3

8 솔로이스트 미국 2009/11/19 2,444 115,617 16,213,000 838,102,000 122 1.2

9 집행자 한국 2009/11/05 1,451 384,551 7,829,500 2,864,486,500 15 0.7

10 굿모닝 프레지던트 한국 2009/10/22 1,237 2,569,737 7,523,000 18,473,600,800 81 0.6

11 더 문 영국 2009/11/26 1,065 9,598 7,349,000 69,713,000 44 0.5

12 나는 행복합니다 한국 2009/11/26 620 5,042 4,165,500 36,280,000 49 0.3

13 브로큰 임브레이스 스페인 2009/11/19 450 9,026 3,138,000 68,451,500 6 0.2

14. Secret (South Korea)

Release Date : 2009/12/03

Daily Admission / Total Admission / Screen / Share : 355 / 7,431 / 2 / 0.2%

Source: KOBIS

Thanks so much Kramafanusa for all update and your kindness

for posting some articles of KS 's news drama . Truly appreciate.

Also big thanks for telling me on Blue Dragon Award , I think he might come.

Does he have a chance being a nominee for any award>?? I mean for this year??

credit image WISFC 's thread , SBS

byh11.jpg

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...120108324379151

This article talking about HSK , KS and SYJ on theirs good acting skill in White Night. :D

Guest kdramafanusa

Also big thanks for telling me on Blue Dragon Award , I think he might come.

Does he have a chance being a nominee for any award>?? I mean for this year??

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno...120108324379151

This article talking about HSK , KS and SYJ on theirs good acting skill in White Night. :D

The nominee list for Blue Dragon Film Awards was announced on November 13, White Night was not released yet so it didn't meet the deadline; it will be eligible next year. There are several film award ceremonies every year though.

Their actings were well received by the audience and critics so there's a chance we'll see them in upcoming award shows. :)

Blue Dragon Film Awards

I got my wish!

wohooh!!! MY GOODNESS!!!

Cant express! beyond words these two!!!! my heart is trembling!! :D

ok, im shouting i know.... :mellow:

:lol:

^ The camera keeps showing them. :)

OMG I am about to scream >> They are so cute. KS & SYJ sit together . :wub::wub: Thanks Kdramafanusa. May I repost them to Thai FCand KS 's thread.

Now I am waiting for WSFC to show . I really can't sleep tonight. :)

Guest kdramafanusa

OMG I am about to scream >> They are so cute. Thanks Kdramafanusa. May I repost them to Thai FCand KS 's thread.

Now I waiting for WSFC to show . I really can't sleep tonight. :)

Yes. :)

They are presenting Best Actress Award right now. :)

----

Actress Kim Hae-Sook won Best Supporting Actress for Thirst...She's about to accept her award.

9cc75149_3.jpg

9cc75149_4.jpg

^ she starred with Son Ye-Jin in movie Open City

Guest kdramafanusa

Looking for pictures Petra, I'll be right back .:)

Have to download & save this award show. :)

12597603702009120222264.gif

bd1h.jpg

Park Jin-Young teasing Son Ye-Jin

bd2e.jpg

bd3.jpg

bd4.jpg

-

bd5t.jpg

bd6g.jpg

-

Presenting Best Actress Award :)

bd7.jpg

bd8.jpg

bd9.jpg

bd10.jpg

bd11.jpg

bd12.jpg

bd13.jpg

from DC Inside SonYeJin Gallery

Guest kdramafanusa

bd01.jpg

bd02.jpg

[dc inside sonyejin gallery]

~

[PHOTO] Ko Soo arrives at Blue Dragon awards

Photographer : Park Sung-Ki | musictok@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2009.12.02 22:56 최종수정 2009.12.02 22:56

Actor Ko Soo arrives at the 30th Blue Dragon Film Awards held at a hall of major broadcaster KBS in Seoul, South Korea on December 2, 2009.

2009120222183683410_1.jpg

2009120222183683410_2.jpg

2009120222183683410_3.jpg

Actor Ko Soo [Lee Ki-bum/Asia Economic Daily]

Photographer : Lee Ki-bum metro83@asiae.co.kr, Park Sung-Ki musictok@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

[PHOTO] Son Ye-jin arrives at Blue Dragon awards

Photographer : Park Sung-Ki | musictok@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2009.12.02 22:57 최종수정 2009.12.02 22:57

Actress Son Ye-jin arrives at the 30th Blue Dragon Film Awards held at a hall of major broadcaster KBS in Seoul, South Korea on December 2, 2009.

2009120222324799239_1.jpg

2009120222324799239_2.jpg

2009120222324799239_3.jpg

Actress Son Ye-jin [Park Sung-ki/Asia Economic Daily]

Photographer : Park Sung-Ki musictok@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

OMG So pity :( .I have tried to watch this show but KBS2 was n't buffering at my place.

I 've never known that KS will be on stage to present the Award with SYJ.

How can I get to see this show/ or someone will upload this .??

Could you plss advise respectively. dear Kdramafanusa..

I just love the gif . So cute . :D

Guest kdramafanusa

I 've never known that KS will be on stage to present the Award with SYJ.

How can I get to see this show/ or someone will upload this .??

Torrent is available right now. Some wonderful members will upload it as well, I will repost here when it's available on Mega....

She won last year so I knew she would be presenting, but I didn't know he'll be with her. What a nice surprise. :)

from Blue Dragon Film Award thread

For those of you who have KBS World, you can catch the delayed telecast of the awards

Part 1 : 3rd Dec, 1:35am (KST)

Part 2 : 3rd Dec, 2:35am (KST)

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/schedule/daily_s...sdate=2009-12-3

DC is flooded with pictures, I'll try to upload them here for us. :)

Torrent is available right now. Some wonderful members will upload it as well, I will repost here when it's available on Mega....

She won last year so I knew she would be presenting, but I didn't know he'll be with her. What a nice surprise. :)

from Blue Dragon Film Award thread

DC is flooded with pictures, I'll try to upload them here for us. :)

Thank you so much , Happy to get your promise. I will patiently wait .

Guest kdramafanusa

[official homepage]

Ko Soo & Son Ye-Jin present Best Actress Award to Ha Ji-Won

9cc75193_11.jpg

9cc75193_14.jpg

during 'Special Award - Jang Jin-Young'

9cc75142.jpg

9cc77144_2.jpg

9cc77144_3.jpg

9cc77144_4.jpg

Archived