Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

ReKommendations: My Perfect Stranger, Duty After School, and more; K-dramas to catch up with this weekend

These currently ongoing or recently released K-dramas are all we can think about. Check out our list of Korean shows to tune into this weekend.

Korean dramas are offering a large bunch of fun and intriguing shows to tune into, catering to different interests of audiences. The roster of ongoing K-dramas displays a promising collection of drama, time travel, romance, comedy, thriller, and more. Here are 5 recommendations from our end to keep you entertained this weekend.

Black Knight

Kim Woo Bin takes charge in this riveting thriller based in a dystopian world. 'Black Knight' starts in the year 2071 when the world has become desertified due to excess pollution, a legendary deliveryman named ‘5-8’ faces off against the Cheonmyeong Group’s only heir named Song Seung Heon who wishes to use oxygen as his weapon. A refugee named Sa Wol looks up to the deliveryman who looks after people in his free time and comes across Seol Ah, an officer in the Defense Intelligence Command, who secretly housed Sa Wol, treating him like her family. ‘5-8’ tries to help Sa Wol become a knight like himself.

1684424564_kim-wb.jpeg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/rekommendations-my-perfect-stranger-duty-after-school-and-more-k-dramas-to-catch-up-with-this-weekend-1221747

*** Song Seung Hun had a video interview on the morning of May 18th. He talked about Kim Woo Bin’s personality and his first sci-fi OTT drama "Black Knight". “Kim Woo Bin is a perfect man without flaws. I thought he was just pretending to be nice at first” They met each other for the first time through this drama. “I heard many people saying good things about his personality and politeness. It is not easy to hear people around saying good things about you, even if you are not an actor. When I met him on the set, he looked very manly and naturally cool. He’s so sincere, upright, and nice to the point that I even questioned ‘Is he pretending?’. Consistently seeing him being so perfect makes me wonder if there is anything he lacks”.  He also talked about the six-episode OTT series. In this regard, he said, “Although the series is quite short, it is speedy enough and filled with impactful content. I believe that the way people choose and watch dramas have changed a lot. Some stories are well expressed as movies but there are brilliant works that unfold over 16 episodes. Each format actually has its own pros and cons”. Revealing that he doesn’t often watch sci-fis, he shared, “I used to have vague thoughts, like ‘What if I came out in a sci-fi work?’. I encountered a good opportunity this time”, adding “I think it’s my first time acting in a drama set in a future world. I believed that it would be very interesting. As an actor, you need to be able to portray characters in the past, present, and future. It’s actually an advantage that you can experience different worlds.”   :7555_attack:

Source: Daum

*** On May 18th, Song Seung-heon met with Celeb Media at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, and talked about the Netflix original series "Black Knight".  He expressed his feelings about challenging the villain role in the drama. "I'm not used to it. If we have to divide the dichotomy between good and evil, Ryoo Seok is a person close to evil. I wasn't worried about how I would look as the villain named Ryoo Seok. I was thirsty for such a character. If I had concerns about how to watch it, I wouldn't have done the movie "Obsessed" in the past. There was and still is a desire for a new character. Fortunately, there were many people who liked it. It was fun for me, too".    :heart2beat:

*** Song Seung Hun expressed that working on this series "Black Knight" was more meaningful as he got to reunite with its director after 21 years since working together on his directorial debut film, "Once Run". "With director Cho, we go way back as friends so I wanted to work with him on whatever the work or role is," he said. "As my character is more subtle than 5-8 and Sa-wol but has to have a strong presence, I discussed a lot with the director on how I should portray it. From Ryu's perspective, he had to make inevitable choices. But since it requires a great deal of sacrifice, you can't say it's justifiable. In that sense, I pitied Ryu and thought he would be lonely," he said, adding that there was a backstory to the character that was missed in the final version of the series.   :Ohboy3:

64d8eb5417ff41c89a4967bdf6d194fa.jpg

credit : Korea Times

***I can’t get enough of "Black Knight"! With only six episodes — each being less than an hour — this drama will surely have you glued to your seats, and you might even finish watching them all in one sitting. There is no doubt that Song Seung Heon’s features fit playing a rich, ambitious character in this drama.   :heart3:

*** Kang Yoo Seok from "Black Knight" reveals his fanboy moment after revealing his affection for co-star Song Seung Heon. In an interview, he spoke about his appreciation for his seniors, especially with him. He said that he is a fan of Song Seung Heon's drama 'Autumn in My Heart.' He also praised him for his youthful visuals and for being someone who didn't seem to age. He only had a few scenes with Song Seung Heon, particularly during the last scene.   :heart3:

black-knight-cast.jpg?w=820

*** Netflix has worked on a number of Korean dystopian dramas/movies, but not all audience were so fascinated by it.

With “Black Knight,”  they have pushed things forward, with strong characters and sophisticated CGI. The plot is not too different from many other dystopian dramas. But the episodes'leaves questions unanswered as to why Ryu Seok (Song Seung-heon) is so obsessed with having the hierarchical society under his control. Song Seung Hun lamented in a recent interview with The Korea Herald that most of the parts about Ryu Seok’s past had been omitted in the process of editing. “It’s a shame to see the detailed past of the Ryu Seok has been omitted in the final version. I told director Jo, who has been a close friend of mine for 20 years, that I understand that my part had to be cut due to the limited running time, but I do feel that a more detailed portrayal of my character may have enhanced the viewers’ understanding,” he said.

The Director said that his CG team worked more than six months on graphics to perfect the image of a desertified Seoul, even flying over to Mongolia to shoot a sandstorm. Netflix's entry into the Korean content market has brought with it significant investment in sets and visual effects, and “Black Knight” is a good example of this. He said most of their acting with Kim Woo Bin was done in front of the blue screen and the background was later completed with visual effects. I can say that the final look is impressive. The depiction of a dusty Seoul where its landmarks such as Namsan Tower is torn in half by sandstorm and Jamsil Lotte Tower that has turned into a ruin are so immersive that it conjures up fears of what an environmentally devastated Earth may look like.   :sweet:

credit : Korea Herald

18 K-Dramas To Add To Your Summer Watch List

Summer is the time to unwind, to head off to new adventures, and also the beginning of new possibilities. As you soak in the summer sun and embrace the warm weather, the best way to cool down is to catch up or revisit your favorite K-dramas. Here are 18 K-dramas, a mix of some golden oldies and a few recent ones, to add to your summer watch list.

“Summer Scent”

Summer-scent.jpg

Min Woo (Song Seung Heon) lost his first love Eun Hye (Shin Ae) in a tragic accident. Heartbroken and unable to cope with her loss, he moves to Italy to study. Unknown to him, Eun Hye’s parents had donated her organs soon after her demise. Hye Won (Son Ye Jin), who has a fatal heart disease, becomes the recipient of Eun Hye’s heart. Fate works in strange ways, making Min Woo and Hye Won meet. Hye Won, though engaged to another, finds herself drawn towards Min Woo and he to her. But can Min Woo and Hye Won find everlasting love and happiness?

“Summer Scent” is a true blast from the past of ill-fated lovers, and the trials and tribulations in love come with some teary moments. Song Seung Heon and Son Ye Jin make a handsome romantic couple as they take you on this emotional rollercoaster.

Start watching “Summer Scent”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors! The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from April 29 to May 29. Song Seung Hun took 24th place in the rankings with a brand reputation index of 2,429,214.    :kaching1:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Son Suk Ku
  2. Song Joong Ki
  3. Ma Dong Seok
  4. Jeon Do Yeon
  5. Kim Hye Soo
  6. Park Seo Joon
  7. Kim Tae Ri
  8. Heo Sung Tae
  9. Hyun Bin
  10. Cho Seung Woo
  11. Jung Hae In
  12. Kim Da Mi
  13. Jo Jin Woong
  14. Kim Nam Gil
  15. Jeon Hye Jin
  16. Park Bo Young
  17. Ryu Jun Yeol
  18. Han Ji Min
  19. Lee Byung Hun
  20. Lee Jung Jae
  21. Honey Lee
  22. Ra Mi Ran
  23. Hwang Jung Min
  24. Song Seung Heon
  25. Yoo Hae Jin

(skipped unrelated.....)

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

source : http://www.beyondpost.co.kr/view.php?ud=202305290911039041499def050a_30

*** In a recent interview with Herald POP held in Seoul, Song Seung Heon expressed his joy about former co-stars Lim Ji Yeon and Song Hye Kyo’s success in “The Glory”. He co-starred with Lim Ji Yeon in her debut film “Obsessed, ” while he worked with Song Hye Kyo through “Autumn In My Heart.” He revealed, “I separately contacted Song Hye Kyo and Lim Ji Yeon to tell them that I saw their drama. Lim Ji Yeon, who had a pure face in ‘Obsessed,’ played a school bully, and it felt refreshing. It was her first time playing a villain, but she acted so well. She deserves a big round of applause.”   :heart:

*** Song Seung Hun is listed among the high-profile male stars of the entertainment industry. Apart from his acting chops, he has only been embroiled in dating rumors with top Korean and Chinese actresses in showbiz. But, he only went public with one person and that was Liu Yi Fei in 2015. He was also the first person that Liu Yi Fei went public with. Before they officially became an item, they starred in the movie “The Third Way of Love”.  Too bad & sad that they had broken-up. Culture differences, I guess?   :weary:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Top 10 K-Dramas on Amazon Prime Video

K-dramas are everywhere, but if you are updating your watchlist on Amazon Prime Video, you have stumbled upon just the right page because we have curated the perfect assortment of the best K-dramas on Amazon Prime. Right from syrupy sweet romance tales and fantasy dramas to serious dark thrillers and action-packed sitcoms, we have scoured through Amazon Prime and hand-selected the perfect K-dramas to create an all-inclusive list. We promise the highest-rated shows enlisted below not only feature an incredible cast but feature the best of suspense, fantasy, cliffhangers, thrill, music, historical dramas and so much more. Ahead, find the top 10 shows from the ever-growing library of Korean dramas currently streaming on Amazon Prime Video. 

3. Voice (2017-2021)

• Also known as: Boiseu
  • K-drama Genre: Drama, Action, Crime, Mystery
  • Running Time: 1 hour
  • Number of episodes: 58
  • Star Cast: Lee Ha Na, Jang Hyuk, Lee Jin Wook, Song Seung Heon
  • Director: Kim Hong-sun (S1), Kim Sang-hoon (S1), Lee Seung-yeong (S2), Nam Ki-hoon (S3), Shin Yong-whee (S4)
  • Writer: Ma Jin won
  • Year of release: 2017
  • Original network/OTT Platform: OCN, tvN (S4), Amazon Prime Video
  • IMDb Rating: 7.6/10

Voice also known as Boiseu is one of the best Kdramas on Amazon Prime that you must watch on Amazon Prime Video.

The show features Korean actors including Lee Ha Na, Jang Hyuk, Lee Jin Wook, and Song Seung Heon. The plot of the highly-rated show is written by Ma Jin Won and revolves around a detective named Moo Jin Hyuk. Watch the show to witness how he solves a series of crimes after a serial murderer killed his wife. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/k-dramas-on-amazon-prime-video-1228991

6 K-Drama’s With The Weirdest Romance Storylines Of All Time

From cat-turned-boy to siblings-to-lovers.

When it comes to romance, K-Dramas are known for their feel-good factor the most. Viewers are more than willing to overlook aspects like unrealistic world-building or cliched tropes as long as the show can give them butterflies. However, there are some romance K-Dramas that made even the most avid watchers pause, solely because of how “weird” or unconventional their plots were.

2. The not-sibling sibling tragic romance

Autumn in My Heart is a 2000 romance K-Drama about two protagonists who lived as siblings due to a switch at birth.

Yt5tWRnhX7z0Fp5cbDKqBAVlu3g0sowx0DuOf20DMC2mFuUvMQVow0JonZBRO6lpIWxE7NG5V8yxq6hHJjHrqHX_8j9RnhNttnf8N85cdBS15gA=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Toddler Yoon Joon Suh mistakenly dropped the nametags of his sister and another baby at the hospital, and a nurse put the tags back incorrectly. Yoon Eun Suh grows up in the wealthy Yoon family, while Choi Shin Ae is raised in a struggling household. When Eun Soh gets hit by a truck and requires a blood transfusion, it is revealed that she is not the Yoons’ biological daughter. The misunderstanding clears up, and both Shin Ae and Eun Suh return to their biological parents.

Many years later, when Eun Suh and Joon Suh reunite, a romance is sparked between the two. But the Yoon family opposes this relationship. Amidst a series of hardships, Eun Suh is diagnosed with leukemia. The two lovers finally get to be together, only for the few days that Eun Suh has left. She dies in Joon Suh’s arms while he carries him around on the beach, where they had spent happy times as teenagers. After Eun Suh’s death, Joon Suh too dies in a tragic road accident at the same place where she had been hit by the truck years ago.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/6-k-dramas-weirdest-romance-storylines-time/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Top 15 MBC Dramas With Highest Ratings Since 2020

10. "Dinner Mate" - 6.1%

Dinner-Mate-MBC-Poster.jpg

A story of strangers to lovers, Kim HaeKyung (Song SeungHeon) and Woo DoHee (Seo JiHye) unexpectedly meet on Jeju Island. Bonding over their respective heartaches and love of food, they remain in contact and gradually fall for one another. "Dinner Mate" earned its highest ratings at 6.1% and is available to watch via streaming sites iQIYI and Prime Video.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-15-mbc-dramas-with-highest-ratings-since-2020/