Director Kang Eun-hwan.....Ji-hwan's brother

Kang Soo-ah.....Kang Eun-hwan's wife and Ji-hwan's sister-in-law

Seo Family

Seo Dan-bi....Ji-hwan's girlfriend/fiancee

Mr. Seo Yoo-il.....Dan-bi's father

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook .....Dan-bi's mother

Yoo-hee.....Dan-bi's Aunt/her father's sister/Uncle Soon-pil's first love

Sat-byul.....Yoo-hee's daughter

Today, the drama opens with re-caps of the events which have taken place between the Kang family and the Seo family to bring us up to date.

The day that Ji-hwan first introduced Dan-bi to his parent.

KJY.....I want you to be my daughter-in-law!

KSH.....Welcome to the family!

SDB.....Thank you Mother.

In the Kang living room with Mr. and Mrs. Kang along with Yoon Soon-pil

KJY.....You never had men chasing you before you married me?

Mrs. Kang Soon-hee remembering her fight in the past with Mrs. Seo Hee-sook which led to her miscarriage.

KSH.....How could you do this to me?

Mr. Seo Yoo-il pulling out a picture of Mrs. Kang Soon-hee from his wallet and his wife walking into the bedroom.

SYI.....I forgot about the past. Except for one person. That woman.....

Kang Ji-hwan coming to the Seo home for the first time and bowing to his future parent-in-laws.

SYI.....Keep our Dan-bi smiling.

KJW.....I'll do that.

The day the two families met for the first time only to find out....they're enemies!

KSH.....I'm Ji-hwan's mother.

SHS.....I'm Dan-bi's mother.

SYI.....Hello.

Mrs. Kang Soon-hee in the hospital bed as Dan-bi, Ji-hwan, and Mr. Kang watched over her.

SHS's voice.....Our daughter wants to marry that woman's son.

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook and her husband Mr. Seo Yoo-il in their living room having their past come back to haunt them.

SHS.....She's the ex-wife you left for me!

SYI.....Be quiet!

Mrs. Kang Soon-hee and Mr. Seo Yoo-il meeting in a restaurant to decide the fate of their children.

KSH.....I'll never let you become my in-law.

SYI.....Thank you for being well.

In the Kang family living room after Mrs. Kang Soon-hee announced she was against the marriage of her son Ji-hwan and Dan-bi.

KJW.....You were very fond of her.

KSH.....WHO SAID I WAS FOND OF HER?!

Mr. and Mrs. Seo standing outside of Dan-bi's bedroom door trying to get her to open in, while Dan-bi is just sitting on the floor crying.

SHS.....Just what did that woman say to you? Come out and tell me!

Ji-hwan and Dan-bi out in the pouring rain and deciding not to break up.

KJW.....I'll never let you go. So don't run away! Hang on to my hand!

Dan-bi down on her knees after telling her parents the she and Ji-hwan won't break up with each other.

SDB.....I'll be good to Ji-hwan's mother.

SHS.....Why are you being so crazy?

Dan-bi in bed with a fever, her parents standing watch over her, and Ji-hwan racing on foot to her house.

SHS.....I'm asking you to get out of her life.

Ji-hwan banging on the Seo door, begging and pleading for Mrs. Seo to let him see Dan-bi.

KJW.....I'll see Dan-bi for just a minute. Please open the door.

And now....today's episode brings us to Mrs. Kang dragging her son Ji-hwan up the stairs after picking him up from the police station.

KSH.....This is it! You have to break up with her!

KJW.....I can't break up with Dan-bi. Mom, there's been some kind of misunderstanding.

(SLAP!)

KSH.....Don't disappoint me any more than you have. They tried to put you in jail! You want to be your in-laws? Do you?

KJW.....I'll wait until you change your mind. I'll wait until Dan-bi's parents accept me.

Mrs. Kang in now sitting in the room by herself remembering the first time she ran into Mrs. Seo Hee-sook in the ladies room

SHS.....I hope we never have to run into each other again.

(She reaches in a draw and pulls out a piece of paper......DAN-BI'S HOME NUMBER)

Meanwhile, in the Seo living room, Mrs. Seo is pouring some tea.

SHS.....How's Dan-bi doing?

SYI.....Her fever's gone down.

SHS.....Have some peppermint tea.

(phone)

SHS.....I'll get it........(I guess so since you're sitting on top of it)

SHS.....Hello? Hello?

(Mrs. Kang just holding the phone, speechless)

SHS.....You should speak. Hello?

SYI's voice in background.....It must be a prank call.

Mr. Kang has now entered the room while Mrs. Kang is still sitting there holding the phone.

KJY.....Honey! Honey!

KSH.....You startled me!

KJY.....I"m not a monster. Why would I startle you?

KSH.....You sneaked up on me.

Maid....He kept calling you.

KSH.....Did you? I guess I didn't hear you.

KJY.....That's because you were speaking to someone on the phone.

KSH.....I just hung up.

KJY.....What's that?

(She quickly grabs the paper with Dan-bi's number on it.)

KSH.....I was just doodling. Go take a shower.

KJY.....Silly woman.

Mrs. Kang quickly leaves the room and is now standing in the living room. She then heads up the stairs to talk to Ji-hwan, but hesitates outside of his bedroom door.

KSH.....Your dad's home. Come down for dinner. Ji-hwan, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have slapped you.

(Ji-hwan is sitting on the edge of his bed in a daze.)

KSH.....It must hurt......Are you sleeping?

(Now, Ji-hwan starts remembering what had happened to him earlier in the day when the police arrested him)

KJW.....Let go! Let go of me!

OFF.....You have to come with us!

KJW.....I'm not a stalker! She's my girlfriend! I'll leave after I see how she's doing.

OFF.....They reported you as a stalker!

(Ji-hwan then looks down the street and sees Mr. Seo just standing and watching until he hangs his head down unable to look at Ji-hwan)

OFF.....Get in!

(Ji-hwan is finally exhausted and just falls over onto his bed.)

Mrs. Kang comes back downstairs to the dining room where her husband is seated at the table.

KJY.....Isn't anyone else home?

KSH.....Ji-hwan's home.

KJY.....Why isn't he joining us?

KSH.....He's sleeping.

KJY.....I saw Mr. In-law today.

KSH.....Why?

KJY.....I told him that we shouldn't interfere in the kids relationship.

KSH.....And.....

KJY.....He's against the wedding just as much as you are. He said he didn't want Dan-bi to marry into our family knowing that you might mistreat her and blame her every time something unpleasant happened to us.

KSH.....I'm glad he knows that. But why do you look sad?

KJY.....I guess I'm disappointed. He promised to be my buddy. He said he'd drink with me and go to the sauna with me. So I was taken aback by his sudden change of heart.

KSH.....I told you not to trust people so easily. I told you not to see only the good in people.

KJY.....He's a good person. As a father myself, I understand where he's coming from.

KSH.....Understand him? You understand him when he reported your son as a stalker to the police?

KJY.....A stalker?

KSH.....The man you're so fond of reported your son to the police as a stalker!

KJY.....NO!

KSH.....You trust him but you don't believe what I'm telling you? Our never-do-wrong son Ji-hwan was taken to the police station because of those terrible people!

KJY.....You should've called me!

KSH.....I was beside myself. This is unbelievable....

KJY.....You must be upset.

KSH.....Yes. What really hurts me is that I slapped our poor son. I've never raised my hand to our son before. But I slapped him. I'm hurting right here as if it's been burned.

We now go to a coffee shop and sitting at a table is Yoon Soon-pil waiting to meet his blind date.

YSP on cell.....Hi Jung-yong. I'm on a blind date. I can't come home yet. Why?

(He stands up as a woman approaches him and he imagines it's Yoo-hee when she was younger and attractive.....but reality slapped him in the face!)

Woman.....Hello. Are you Mr. Yoon Soon-pil?

YSP.....Yes, have a seat.

The scene changes to Yoo-hee and her daughter Sat-byul standing outside of her deceased husband's home in the cold.

SB......Let's just go home Mommy.

YH......How can we do that? You know what today is.

SB......It's that anniversary of my dad's death.

YH......Yes. We should bow at his memorial service.

(rings doorbell)

Mother on intercom.....Who is it?

YH......It's Sat-byul's mom.

Mother.....Go away!

YH.....Please open the door Mother. We'll leave after we bow. You're granddaughter's here.

Meanwhile, Yoon Soon-pil is driving in his car in the same neighborhood.

YSP on cell.....Please Mother! What the hell were you thinking? You said she ahd the face of Audrey Hepburn and the body of Sophia Loren! She's so not like them! (something 2x not translated) You'd better not show your face around me for a while!

YSP to self.....I can't believe this! How annoying!

As he slows down, he happens to look up a street...

YSP to self.....That's Yoo-hee.

He watches as Yoo-hee's mother-in-law throws salt on her and her daughter

Mother.....How dare you come here! Get out of here!

Sister-in-law.....Have you no shame? How dare you come here!

YH......We'll leave after we bow.

Mother.....Shut up! My son's dead because of you! Go away, you bad karma!

SB......You're bad Grandma! Don't do that to my mom!

Mother.....Like mother, like daughter! Go away!

Soon-pil sits stunned in his car after what he has just witnessed.

YH.....Don't cry. I can't take it anymore if you cry. Stop.

Soon-pil is still sitting in his car as he watches Yoo-hee on her knees crying with her daughter in the middle of the street as the snow is falling.

The scene has changed and Soon-pil has arrived home and is entering his bedroom.

YSP to self.....I wonder what happened? What, do I care? It's none of my business.

KJY.....Soon-pil.

YSP.....Yes, Jung-yong.

We're now with Mr. Kang and Soon-pil in a bar.

KJY.....Here.

YSP.....Did something happen to upset you? What?

KJY.....Ji-hwan was taken to the police station today.

YSP.....What? What in the world happened? Come on...tell me! What?

KJY.....Mr. In-law called the police on Ji-hwan saying he was a stalker.

YSP.....What?

KJY.....He must be adamant about breaking up Dan-bi and Ji-hwan. Soon-pil, I think I should agree with your sister now.

YSP.....Oh! Oh! Oh!

(grabs the bottle of beer and turns it up to his mouth)

KJY.....What are you doing now?

YSP.....I can't stand to be sober right now.

KJY.....Your sister and I are trying to get through this.

YSP.....That's just it! I feel bad for my sister! What a tragic twist of fate this is! It wasn't enough that he ruined my sister's life! Now he wants to ruin Ji-hwan's life?

KJY.....What are you talking about? What did Mr. In-law do to my wife?

YSP.....What? Well...What I meant was....Fortune tellers said Dan-bi's bad karma would end up killing my sister...

KJY.....Oh that. I'm worried about Ji-hwan....Years from now, all of this will seem like a distant memory. He has to realize that this is part of life and get through it.

Mr. Kang is back home and goes upstairs to check on Ji-hwan. When he opens the door, he finds his wife at her son's bedside, caressing his face as he sleeps. The following morning brings us to the breakfast table.

KJY.....Aren't you coming down?

KSH.....Eun-hwan went to get him.

KEH yelling from upstairs.....Ji-hwan! What's wrong? Get up!

Now everyone jumps to their feet to run up to Ji-hwan's room to find him passed out on the floor.

KEH.....Ji-hwan!

KSH.....Ji-hwan! Ji-hwan!

We see the doctor arrive at the house in the ambulance and then are taken to Eun-hwan and Soo-ah's bedroom.

KSA.....A stalker? Really? Dan-bi's parent's called the police on him saying he was a stalker?

KEH.....My uncle told me. Don't let them know that you know about it. Bye.

Now, in Ji-hwan's room, he's in bed with an IV drip as his father sits by his side.

KEH.....Dad, you're going to be late.

As Eun-hwan is getting ready to leave the room, he turns back and pulls up the comforter and tucks it in around his shoulders. We now see Soon-pil running up the steps to the house. He stops as he spots his sister sitting alone in the front yard.

YSP.....Jung-yong seemed very upset. Can you believe that Ji-hwan is mal-nourished? Isn't that ridiculous? It's okay. You heard the doctor. Ji-hwan's going to be okay soon.

KSH.....Okay, I'll go up against them. It's enough they ruined my life. I'm not going to let them destroy my son's life. All right, let's see who wins. I won't let you destroy me twice.

Now we go to the Seo home as Dan-bi is awakening from a restless sleep. As she leaves the house, she runs into a neighbor.

NBR.....Dan-bi! I heard you were sick. Are you okay now?

SDB.....Yes. I came out for some fresh air. Have you seen my mom?

NBR.....She went out grocery shopping with your dad.

SDB.....I see.

NBR.....You've gotten frail. I can't believe a stalker was after you.

SDB.....What? A stalker?

NBR.....Don't you know that the police came and took him away? He didn't look like a stalker. I thought he was your boyfriend, but your dad called the police on him. He begged the police to let him see how you were doing before they took him away.

SDB.....Ji-hwan!

NBR to self.....I thought she was sick....

Dan-bi is now racing off as fast as she can by foot to Ji-hwan's house.

SDB.....Ji-hwan!

At the Kang home, Soo-ah is cleaning the room when the doorbell rings. In the living room, Mrs. Kang and her brother stand there staring at the intercom as Dan-bi is ringing the doorbell.

SDB.....Please open the door. I'm so sorry Mother. Please open the door Mother. Please let me see Ji-hwan. Please open the door.

Outside the gate.

SDB.....I'm really sorry Mother. I didn't know what happened. Mother, is Ji-hwan all right? Mother, please let me see Ji-hwan.

In the living room, Mrs. Seo shuts off the screen while Soo-ah and Yoon-pil are standing there.

KSH.....Soo-ah.

KSA.....Yes.

KSH.....Don't ever call or see that girl anymore.

KSA.....But she and I have been friends for ten years.

KSH.....I don't care if you've been friends for 20 years! The fact that you're a part of this family comes before your friendship with Dan-bi. Got that?

KSA.....Yes....

Mr. and Mrs. Seo have arrived back home and find that Dan-bi isn't in her bed

SYI on cell.....You call has been....She's not picking up. I'm going out.

SHS.....Where are you going?

SYI.....I think she went to Ji-hwan's house.

SHS.....I'll go with you.

SYI.....No, you stay home. She might be on her way home. Call me if she comes home.

At the Kang home, Soo-ah is upstairs pacing back and forth outside Ji-hwan's bedroom.

KSA.....Ji-hwan. Ji-hwan. Dan-bi's outside. Are you sleeping?

She opens the door to find he's not there.

KSA.....Ji-hwan. Mother! Mother!

Later that evening, Dan-bi is still sitting outside the Kang home in the cold. Mrs. Kang, Soo-ah, and Soon-pil are sitting in Ji-hwan's room not knowing where he disappeared to.

YSP.....This is crazy! Where did he go?

The camera takes us to the place where Dan-bi and Ji-hwan had put their locks on the fence. He's remembering taking the keys, both he and Dan-bi throwing them away, then making a wish. He's remembering hugging her as a traditional band had marched passed. Ji-hwan stares at the locks with their pictures on it and simply starts to cry. We're now taken back to Ji-hwan's bedroom.

YSP on cell.....Jung-yong, are you busy right now? Ji-hwans'....

Mrs. Kang runs out of the bedroom with Soo-ah and Soon-pil following her.

YSP on cell.....Jung-yong, hold on.....

Mrs. Kang opens the front gate and finds Dan-bi still sitting on a lower landing of the steps to her house. She comes down the steps, grabs Dan-bi, and shakes her violently.

KSH.....Why are you doing this? do you want Ji-hwan to die?

SDB.....Mother....

KSH.....Go away! Get out of his life! Disappear! Why Ji-hwan of all people? Why my son?

SYI.....Let go of her!

Closing scene of Mrs. Kang with Dan-bi's coat in her grasp, tears falling from her eyes, as she and Mr. Seo stare at one another.

PREVIEW

Yoon-pil and Yoo-hee meet one another.

YSP.....It must be hard for your husband to be in the middle.

YH......He's dead.

YSP.....I'm sorry!

Yoon-pil falls back on to his bed.

YSP to self.....What a miserable life Yoo-hee has....

Mrs. Kang on the stairs struggling with Ji-hwan as Mr. Seo and Dan-bi are standing there.

KJW.....I'm going to marry her. There's no reason for me to break up with Dan-bi.

Dan-bi and her father in the kitchen at home.

SDB.....The pain I've suffered is nothing compared to what he's suffered!

SYI.....What?

SHS.....Dan-bi!

(SLAP)

Mrs. Seo screams.

Ji-hwan has taken Dan-bi to the court house to get a marriage license.

SDB.....What are you doing?

KJW.....Let's get a marriage license.

Ji-hwan and Dan-bi are sitting outside.

KJW.....Can't you just go along with me?

SDB.....You're being arrogant.

Mrs. Kang is at home and has pulled out the piece of paper again

Paper.....DAN-BI'S HOME NUMBER

KSH.....This is Ji-hwan's mother.

SHS at home.....And?

KSH.....You should come now....

Guest Bijan630

2:55 PM 5/8/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 14

Kang Family

Dr. Kang Ji-hwan.....Seo Dan-bi's fiancee

President Kang Jung-yong.....Ji-hwan's father

Kang Soon-hee......Ji-hwan's mother

Yoon Soon-pil.....Ji-hwan's Uncle and his mother's brother

Seo Family

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook .....Dan-bi's mother

Today's episode opens with Mrs. Kang yelling at Dan-bi to leave her son alone as Mr. Seo appears and demands that she stop.

KSH.....Why are you doing this? Do you want Ji-hwan to die?

SDB.....Mother....

KSH.....Go away! Get out of his life! Disappear! Why Ji-hwan of all people? Why my son?

SYI.....Let go of her!

SDB.....Dad.....

Back at the Seo home, Hee-sook is pacing back and forth in the living room.

SHS to self.....Why hasn't he called yet?

Mr. Seo is now walking up the steps to take Dan-bi home.

SDB.....Don't Dad....Let go of me Dad.

SYI.....Don't disappoint me anymore.

SDB.....Mother, just let me see Ji-hwan just once!

SYI.....Be quiet!

KSH.....Ji-hwan! Are you out of your mind? Why did you go out when you're sick? Who are you bowing to? Do you know who that man is? He accused you of being a stalker and called the police on you! You're so cold! Let's go inside.

KJW.....I'm going to marry Dan-bi.

KSH.....What?

KJW.....I no longer want to wait for you to change your mind. I've thought about it over and over again. There's no reason for me to break up with Dan-bi. I can't understand your reasons for being against our getting married. I don't want to hurt Dan-bi anymore. I'm going to marry Dan-bi.

YSP.....What are you doing Soon-hee?

Finally, we get away from those stairs, my neck was getting cramped looking up. The circus continues on at the Seo living room.

SHS.....Where have you been? Are you feeling better?

SDB.....Why did you do that? I love him more than my life. How could you accuse him of being a stalker? Why did you do that?

SYI.....Have you forgotten the humiliation you suffered? Have you forgotten how they put you down?

SDB.....No, I haven't forgotten any of it. But you've done worse to Ji-hwan! The pain I've suffered is nothing compared to what he's suffered!

SYI.....What?

SHS.....Dan-bi!

SDB.....I should've suffered more if I'd known you'd do this to him! I should've let Ji-hwan's mother slap me and throw water at me!

(SLAP!)

SHS.....Are you okay?

SHS to SYI.....How could you behave like some low-class person?

SHS.....Dan-bi, are you okay?

SHS to SYI.....You just hit our daughter Dan-bi! She's the apple of your eyes!

Dan-bi had run into her bedroom and is now just sitting there with a blank stare. She slowly lifts her hand to touch her face where her father had just slapped her. The scene changes and takes us to the Kang kitchen with Mrs. Kang and her brother Yoon-pil.

YSP.....That jerk! He dumped you only to live so miserably? I wanted to punch him in the face! But I couldn't because of the old times.....He used to give me allowance and courage....What did I just babble about? Forget about the old times! Don't worry too much. Ji-hwan won't get married against your wishes.

KSH.....Soon-pil, I"m really afraid.

Scene change....Yoo-hee looking for someone in a restaurant....oh, it's her brother, "that's enough", "be quiet", Yoo-il.

YH......What's up?

SYI.....I just wanted to have a drink with you.

YH......What a surprise! I thought you didn't want me to drink.

SYI.....It's okay if you drink with me kid.

SYI to waitress.....Give us another glass.

SYI.....Yoo-hee.

YH......Yes?

SYI.....I wanted to be happy.

YH......What's with you?

SYI.....I was dirt poor, but I wanted to be happy. (untranslated lines)

YH......Yoo-il...

SYI.....Even when I had to carry you on my back and worked at the market, I wanted to be happy. If I hadn't had a dream of being happy one day, I would've run away from poverty. I would've run away from you and our poor mom. I was afraid of running away. I had you and Mom to take care of, and it was a heavy burden....but I wanted to be happy. Maybe that's why I studied even harder. I thought that was the only way to happiness.

YH......So, are you happy now?

SYI.....Well...I don't know what that happiness was. I don't know.

YH......Did something happen?

SYI.....No, nothing....It's just that I realized I've lived more years than I have left. But Dan-bi makes me happy.

Mr. Seo is now sitting alone on a swing in the playground. He then looks at the hand that he had slapped his daughter with. The next morning takes us to the Kang home with Mrs. Kang listen at the door as her husband speaks to Ji-hwan in the living room.

KJY.....What happened?

KJW.....I'm sorry.

KJY.....We thought you were in your room sleeping. Your lucky your mother didn't faint from shock.

KJW.....I went out for some fresh air.

YSP.....Then you should've told us.

KEH.....Ji-hwan, are you feeling better now?

KJW.....Yes. I have to go to work Dad.

KJY.....Okay.

Mrs. Kang scurries away from the door as Ji-hwan comes to tell her he's leaving. The dramas just started and this is getting to be pathetic already. It sucks when you try to make your children feel guilty when they've done no wrong.

KJW.....I'm going to work.

Yoo-hee has just arrived at the Seo home.

YH......Yoo-il did what? NO!

SHS.....I couldn't believe it even though I saw it with my own eyes. He held Dan-bi's hand and cried when she had her wisdom tooth removed.

YH......Right!

SHS.....How could he slap our daughter? So low-class! So terrible!

YH......I see.....That's why he was so sad last night.

This is Dan-bi's first day back at work after being sick. She braces herself and puts on her glowing smile.

SDB.....Good morning everybody! Didn't you miss me?

Emp 1.....Dan-bi. What happened? We missed you!

SDB.....I had a terrible cold, but I got rid of it.

Emp 2.....I thought you'd quit without even saying a goodbye.

SDB.....I'd never do that. I'm not that disloyal you know.

SDB.....Good morning Mr. Yoon.

YSP.....I want to talk to you.

SDB.....Sure.

In a separate office space....

YSP.....Why did you come back?

SDB.....I'm supposed to work until the end of the month.

YSP.....I'll pay you for the month, so quit immediately. Don't you understand? I'll pay you.

SDB.....Mr. Yoon.

YSP.....What?

SDB.....I thought we'd become like family and see each other grow old. But now you never want to see me again. I'm your nephew's girlfriend, but I'm also your employee. You told me that you wanted me to work for you for a long time when I first came here. I want to stay here as your employee until the end of the month. I just want to be here as the employee whom you wanted to work with for a long time. If the end of the month is too long, let me stay until you find my replacement. I'll leave quietly after I wrap up everything.

YSP.....Okay, whatever.....

YSP to self.....I feel so sorry for her.

Here we go, baby to the rescue!!!!....as Dan-bi goes to her locker to put her handbag away, she suddenly feels nauseous.

Time for another scene change as we're taken to Ji-hwan's office.

KJW on cell.....Hi. Can you find me a position at a hospital? I don't want to get a place in Seoul because home prices are too expensive. I want to move to a small city. Yes, the father away, the better.

It's time for another inspection at the clothing factory with Mr. Kang and his staff. While he's at work, we're taken to Mrs. Kang sitting all alone on a swing in her yard. Now, we coast along to Mr. Seo at the guard house, then Mrs. Seo sitting on a park bench. Each person's face, lost in deep thought and sadness. Our camera's journey ends with Yoo-hee waiting to speak to Dan-bi at the hair salon.

YH......Dan-bi.

SDB.....What brings you here Aunt?

YH......I just wanted to see you. You don't look so good. I always feel bad for you because I'm not a good Aunt. But listen to me....I understand how your dad must've felt after slapping you. I heard Ji-hwan's mom said fortune tellers told her yiour bad karma would end up killing him?

SDB.....Yes.

YH......I've been through that. You won't be able to get through that. You don't know because I act like I'm happy-go-lucky. But it'll take at least 15 days of sobbing to tell you all the pain and suffering I've gone through. I don't start because it hurts too much. It's not because I forgot the pain. I guarantee that if you marry Ji-hwan, his mother will make you life hell. Think about how your dad feels knowing that....OH?

SDB.....Ji-hwan.

KJW.....Hello Aunt.

YH......Oh? Oh?

SDB.....What brings you here?

KJW.....I have to take you somewhere.

YSP.....Ji-hwan's here? Oh, Ji-hwan!

KJW.....I'll see you soon Aunt.

SDB.....Where are we going?

KJW.....Bye Uncle!

YH......Dan-bi! Dan-bi!

YSP.....Ji-hwan!

YH......I guess I should go too.

YSP.....I saw you the other night. I saw you near my home...

YH......You did? Why did you have to see me there?

YSP.....Who were they?

YH......My in-laws...

YSP.....You don't get along with them? It must be hard for your husband to be in the middle.

YH......He's dead.

YSP.....I'm sorry.

YH......It's okay. Some women's husbands are dead and some women's husbands are alive....Actually, I can't remember him that much. He died three days after we got married. I don't even feel like I was ever married....

YSP.....Just three days?

YH......Yes. I have to go to work.

YSP to self......How did my first love Yoo-hee end up like that? I've kept her in my heart for 20 years....I feel so cheated.....I stayed single because of her! That poor girl!

Ji-hwan had taken Dan-bi to a government office building

SDB.....Why did you bring me here?

(hands her an envelope with a marriage license application in it)

KJW.....Let's get a marriage license.

SDB.....Ji-hwan.

KJW.....I have an idea. Just fill out your section.

SDB.....Don't do this.

KJW.....I'm going to work at a hospital in Busan. Let's go there this weekend and find a place. I need more money, but I can get a loan. We can start our life together in a nice place. But we'll work hard and save money. We can move to a better place soon.

SDB.....Ji-hwan....

KJW.....We can start a family after we get settled in. We'll be good parents. Come on, fill it out. What are you doing?

SDB.....You should've told me before you brought me here. You should've given me time to think.

KJW.....What's there to think about? We're never going to break up. So this is the only solution.

SDB.....Why did you decide alone that this was the only solution?

KJW.....Don't expect my mom and your parents to change their minds. Okay, I'll give you time to think now. I'll wait. Seo Dan-bi. Where are you going?

Outside of the building...

KJW.....Can't you just go along with me? Can't you not think about anything else and just go along with me?

SDB.....How can I do that?

KJW.....Your parents accused me of being a stalker. But I made this decision because of you. So you should go along with me! Are you going to back away like this?

SDB.....You're not being considerate of my feelings.

KJW.....What?

SDB.....I wish I could thing of nothing else and do this. I would've done it too if I were you. I would've told you to go along with me if I had everything like you.

KJW.....Don't be sarcastic.

SDB.....Have you thought about it from my point of view? I have to think about your mom who hates everything about me. I also have to think about my parents who'll sever ties with me if I marry you. I have to think about my Aunt who's worried about me. Ji-hwan, you're being arrogant. It's as if you're telling me that you're so much better than me.

KJW.....Seo Dan-bi.

SDB.....I'm leaving.

Dan-bi has walked off and left Ji-hwan sitting alone as she headed for the bus stop. She pulls out the marriage license application and while she looks at it, she starts to get that nauseous feeling again. In the meantime, we change the scene and watch Ji-hwan arrive home and his mother is standing in the living room waiting for him.

KSH.....You're home early.

KJW.....I left work early to look into some things.

KSH.....What were they?

KJW.....I went looking for a place to live with Dan-bi and a position at a hospital.

KSH.....What?

KJW.....I was going to go forward with my plan without telling you. We're going to get a marriage license soon.

KSH.....What? Are you my son Ji-hwan?

KJW.....I'm sorry. I'm going to my room.

Mrs. Kang is now in another room pacing the floor and she finally pulls out the piece of paper with Dan-bi's phone number on it.

(SEO DAN-BI)

KSH on phone.....(One ringy-dingy....two ringy-dingy)

SHS.....Hello? Hello?

KSH.....This is Ji-hwan's mother.

SHS.....So?

KSH.....I think we should meet.

SHS.....I have no reason to meet you.

KSH.....You should come if you don't want to see your daughter's life ruined.

SHS.....What?

Mrs. Kang hangs up on Mrs. Seo and you see her anger start to build at the thought of having to meet her enemy. we've been taken to the restaurant....maybe they'll be a cat fight!

Waitress.....This way.

(Meeeooowwww....Meeeoooowww....HHHISSSSSSS!....eye contact has been made.....is fur going to fly?....That's it! Next Monday we'll see who draws blood first!)

PREVIEW

Mrs. Kang in the living room with Soo-ah and Ji-hwan.

KSH.....I"m telling you, not her!

KJW.....I want to spend the rest of my life with Dan-bi!

Dan-bi and Ji-hwan are out someplace looking at a Christmas tree made out of red and white teddy bears.

SDB.....I want to give up.

KJW.....Don't even say you want to give up.

Ji-hwan has taken Dan-bi to a hotel?

KJW.....Do you really want to give up?

SDB.....Don't make me feel so pathetic.

Dan-bi walks off and leaves Ji-hwan standing alone.

We're at the restaurant with the cats. One cat has rolled up it's sleeve to reveal the scar from the attempted wrist slitting.

KSH.....I feel like my hearts been torn to pieces every time I see you in my dreams.

SHS.....You're laughable.

NO! NO! CATS HATE WATER!.....Mrs. Seo throws water in Mrs. Kang's face.

SHS.....You think I'll let you win?

CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT!.....I want to see some blood! Mrs. Kang has grabbed Mrs. Seo by the hair! What technique! What form! Folks, she's made a come back and hasn't lost her touch at all!

KSH.....You witch!

Mrs. Seo is back at home now checking to see how much fur has been lost.

Guest IloveFall

Hello Bijan630! Thank for the assurance to the others, this drama is not that old it started in Korean December of 2008 and ended in February of 2009 with very good ratings. This drama was filmed with a more grainer, old school style, thou there is no hunks in it, it's very inviting, Bijan630, I agree with you in regards to a "hanky drama" I love when I can feel the emotions, emoting from the other actors, that sometimes bring me to tears.

All the actors in this drama is very good, they may not be hunky but good acting, Danbi's mum Kim Hee Sook has stared in many a dramas and has one of the best spoken voices in Korea, her diction is on spot.

Semi-fly and others give this drama a chance to grow legs. :D

Ok. so you've finished the drama? Can you provide a spoiler please? I'm one that likes to know how the ending will play out before investing my time into it. I'm just surprised that this drama doesn't seem to have the early development like others. All the previews for the drama mentioned THE BIG SECRET and whether or not it will be revealed. Well, it was revealed in the first 2 episodes!!! What is there left??!! At least in other long, morning dramas (like Daughter in Law or Love & Hate) we knew that there were complicated relationships and a period of time that needed to pass in order to get to the conclusion. Everything in THIS one has been laid out already. What is there left for us to know?

Can you just give some basic spoilers in terms of major plot development? I'd really appreciate it. I've asked here several times but it seems to be getting lost in the mix somewhere.

Guest Bijan630

12:38 PM 5/11/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 15

Kang Family

Seo Family

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook/Kim Hee-sook .....Dan-bi's mother

New character......Yim Min-jin/Ji-hwan's ex?

Today's episode opens with Yoo-hee running over and up the steps to the Seo home

SHS's voice.....Yoo-hee, I'm going out to see that woman. (untranslated...what am I going to do?) I'm nervous.

In the living room.

YH......Hee-sook! Hee-sook! Did she leave already?

(Note left on coffee table.....CRYSTAL HOTEL 12 PM)

YH to self.....Crystal Hotel?

Now we go to Soon-pil's salon with Dan-bi standing in front of her locker. As she puts her pocket book away, she then opens it back up to pull out the application for the marriage license. While standing there, she becomes nauseous, receives a call on her cell phone.

SDB.....Hi Aunt. What?

Dan-bi is now in a cab on her way to the hotel where her mother is going to meet Mrs. Kang.

SDB to driver.....Can you go faster?

SDB on cell.....Hello? Ji-hwan?

Ji-hwan is now running down the steps and out of his house to go to the hotel

SDB's voice.....My mom went to see your mom.

Meanwhile, at the hotel, the two cats, I mean mothers are seated at a table.

SHS.....You didn't ask me to come here to have coffee with you. We're not going to agree on anything. Since you're not talking, I will. I came to give you a warning. How dare you humiliate and hurt my daughter because of what happened in the past! Do that again and I won't forgive you!

KSH.....Forgive? I thought about how I would've reacted if I were you. I thought about how I would've reacted after breaking up someone's marriage and after driving her to try and kill herself. Okay, so you fell in love, and the man hkappened to be married. But if I were you, I would've said how sorry I was.

SHS.....Did you ask me to meet you to hear me say I'm sorry? I think you should thank me since you met a rich man and you're living in luxury now.

KSH.....Thank you?

SHS.....What? You don't agree?

KSH.....Yes, I'm thankful since because of you, I met a man who Yoo-il can't even compare to. Sure, I'm thankful. I'm thankful since because of you, I'm living comfortably in a big house with loving sons. But even though I'm happy, I feel like my heart has been torn into pieces every time I see you in my dreams! I kill you and Yoo-il in my dreams, but when I awake, I feel so cheated and hurt that I cry. It hurts me more than you'll ever know when I think about my baby who died because of you two! I had no will to live! So I......(shows mark on wrist where she tried to commit suicide)....Whenever I'm reminded of my tragic past, I wish that someone would erase the horrible memories. For that I should thank you?

SHS.....You should get to the point since you asked me to come here.

(places an envelope with money on the table)

KSH.....I think that's enough for you to take and go away.

(SHS opens it to find $100,000,000 won)

KSH.....What? Do you want more?

SHS.....You're laughable. You think you're so rich now that you can pay me off? Look, Soon-hee, let me tell you something. You seem to have forgotten your past after snatching yourself a rich man. But to me, you're still the same poor, country bumpkin! So you shouldn't try to act like some sophisticated rich woman! Don't you dare! What? You want me to take it and go away?

(Dan-bi has just run into the lobby of the hotel, and right behind her getting out of a cab is Ji-hwan.)

Back in the restaurant

SHS.....How dare you! Who do you think I am?

KSH.....I know who you are. You're Taesung Group chairman's daughter Kim Hee-sook. I looked into what happened. How sad....How did such a big company go bankrupt? This is why you can never predict the future. But you still have some pride left, is that it? Think of it as payment for getting your stupid daughter away from my son. I can't get her away from him since she's leeched onto him like you did to my ex-husband.

SHS.....You don't have any confidence, do you? You lost your husband to me back then. Now you're afraid of losing your son? I'm sorry, but they won't break up just because I keep Dan-bi away from your stupid son. Your stupid son took after you. He's like glue that's stuck to my daughter and he just won't go away. He won't go away even after we called the police on him accusing him of being a stalker. He's just like his mother who begged her ex-husband not to leave her after he no longer loved her. Such leeches!

(I already said this before, and I don't know why no one listened to me.....CATS HATE WATER!.......Mrs. Kang just threw water into Mrs. Seo's face.......geesh, Mrs. Seo returned the favor!....that was really an original thought!)

SHS.....Get this straight. You think I'll let you win? Do whatever you want! You might as well tell the truth instead of running away from it! What? Are you afraid of your husband finding out the truth? Are you afraid of losing him to another woman again?

(ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!.....The cat fight is on and the fur pulling has begun!)

KSH.....You witch!

SHS.....What are you doing?

SDB to KSH.....Mom! Mother, are you all right?

SHS to SDB.....Take your hands off her! Take your hands off her. NOW!

SDB to KSH.....Mother, let me help you get up.

KSH to SDB.....Take your hands off me!

KJW.....Mom, are you okay?

KSH.....I'm feeling dizzy. I want to leave.

KJW.....Okay.

KJW to SHS.....I'll be back.

KJW to KSH.....Let's go.

(Dan-bi now rushes to wipe her mother's face)

SHS.....Bad girl!......(Is there another translation for this, because I know it's a lot worse than it sounds!)

SDB.....Mom!

(Dan-bi now happens to look over at the table and sees the red envelope with the check in it. Meanwhile, Ji-hwan is escorting his mother to the car)

KJW to driver.....Can you wait a minute?

Driver.....Sure.

(Ji-hwan goes back to the restaurant, but Dan-bi and her mother are gone.)

Seo home in the living room again.....(Mrs. Seo has just stormed into her own home, rushed into her bedroom and locked the door to prevent Dan-bi from following her)

SDB.....Mom, let's talk for a minute. Mom.

(Mrs. Seo is just sitting in front of her vanity)

SDB's voice outside the door.....Mom, let's talk. Mom. Mom, I'm sorry.

Now to the Kang living room as Soo-ah brings her mother-in-law a glass of water.

KSH.....You saw what happened. They're such low-class people.

KJW.....Who asked to meet first?

KSH.....I asked her to meet me. What was I supposed to do when you said you were going to get a marriage license and live with Dan-bi?

KJW.....So, what did you say to Dan-bi's mother?

KSH.....Are you only interested in what I said when that woman attacked me?

KJW.....The more you do this, the more I want to run away, Mom.

KSH.....Ji-hwan!

KSH.....No! I'm telling you not Dan-bi!

KJW.....What's the big deal about what fortune tellers said? What's the big deal about her background?

KSH to self.....How can I accept her into the family when her parents ruined my life? How ?

We're now with Dan-bi as she's back at the place where she and Ji-hwan placed their locks. She then pulls the red envelope out of her bag, stares at it, and starts to cry. Next, we're taken to the company where Eun-hwan is giving a presentation at a meeting with Mr. Kang and other employees.

KEH.....At PID, we're striving to satisfy the needs

(the scene shows Mr. Kang and the group walking around the store)

KEH.....Of consumers who are fashion forward and.....

Back to the Kang house with Soon-pil sitting at his sister's bedside attempting to make a call on his cell

YSP.....I think Jung-yong's busy.

KSH.....Don't keep calling him when he's working.

YSP.....We made up the lie about fortune tellers, but you're really getting sick.

KSH.....I met Dan-bi's mother today.

YSP.....Who?

KSH.....I was going to forgive her if I could. If she begged me, I was going to forgive her. I wasn't going to fight with her. I was going to tell her that the kids can't get married considering everything that's happened. I was going to offer her money, so she could take a trip with Dan-bi and forget about things. I was going to apologize to her about hurting Dan-bi.

YSP.....But?

KSH.....But she was so horrible just as I remembered. I was a fool to think she'd apologize. I was a fool to have wanted to forgive her. I'll never forgive her. Not until the day I die.....

Soon-pil is now in his bedroom

YSP to self.....What a tragic twist of fate....

(He starts to daydream about Yoo-hee)

YH......It's okay. Some women's husband's are dead, and some women's husband's are alive....Actually, I can't remember him that much. He died three days after we got married. I don't even feel like I was ever married....

YSP to self.....You poor thing....What am I doing? I shouldn't think about anyone in that family! She was so pretty back then.....Yoo-hee....No! Yoo-hee...NO!

The camera shows us a sleeping Yoo-hee at the Seo home and Mr. Seo has just come home from work.

SYI.....Yoo-hee. Yoo-hee.

YH......You're home?

SYI.....Aren't Hee-sook and Dan-bi home yet?

YH......No.

SYI.....I wonder what happened....

YH......I think Hee-sook and Yoon-hee fought. You're ex-wife and current wife must've had a catfight!

SYI.....I wonder where she went....

YH......Maybe she went there again?

Okay, here she is. Mrs. Seo is so frustrated that she's gone to the mall and attempting to buy clothing she can't afford.

SHS to emp.....I'll take this, this, this, and this.

Now we have Ji-hwan sitting alone at a bar drinking as the owner comes over to try and keep him company. She pours him a drink. God.....keeping up with these scene changes....Dan-bi is still at the place(can someone tell me the name please?) where the locks are, but she's now standing in front of a Christmas tree made of red and white teddy bears. Ji-hwan finally shows up to join her.

SDB.....How did you know that I was here?

KJW.....I told you that I'd find you wherever you were. You must've been upset with me earlier.

SDB.....Yes. I was disappointed. I saw water dripping down my mom's face, but I helped your mom first. Why? Because I was sure you'd help my mom.

KJW.....I wasn't thinking clearly earlier. My mom has high blood pressure. I was shocked to see her down on the floor.

SDB.....I'm such a bad daughter. I ignored my mom even though she had water dripping down her face. I ignored my mom to help your mom even though your mom hates me.

KJW.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....I'm tired of all of this. I want to give up.

SDB.....What if I mean it?

KJW.....Seo Dan-bi!

SDB.....What if I want to stop all of this? I know there's a cliff at the end and I don't want to go to the end. Then what?

(KJW drags Dan-bi by the hand)

(They've just gotten off the hotel elevator and Ji-hwan's dragging her to a room)

KJW.....Just follow me.

(In the room)

KJW.....Did you mean it? Do you really want to give up?

SDB.....I didn't mean it.

KJW.....Then don't say that. Don't say things like that. I want to be with you until the day I die.

SDB.....Did you bring me here just to say that?

KJW.....No. Actually, I've been thinking a lot and this is the only way. Dan-bi, let's tell everyone you're pregnant.

SDB.....What?

KJW.....I'm losing faith too, because I don't see our parents backing down. I have to try everything!

SDB.....So, you want to tell them I'm pregnant and we're going to try and get me pregnant?

KJW.....I want us to be together.

SDB.....What if they find out we lied?

KJW.....We can think about that later. Let's show them how happy we are. and they'll eventually come around. Dan-bi.

(She pulls out the red envelope and hands it to him.)

SDB.....Here. You're mother gave this to my mom. Now do you know how much your mom looks down on me and my family? Yes, my family is poor, but we're not so shallow that we'd accept this. I won't sell my love for money. (untranslated) Yes, I could lie and say I'm pregnant, but your mother will give me even more money and tell me to let you go. Don't make me feel so pathetic. It really hurts.

(Dan-bi leaves Ji-hwan standing alone in the room as he throws the envelope on the floor. As she rides down in the elevator she starts crying as she pounds her chest in frustration. Meanwhile, Ji-hwan coming out of the elevator in the lobby and happens to see a newspaper article.......RISING STAR WRITER YIM MIN-JIN'S NEW BOOK SELLS 1 MILLION COPIES IN 3 MONTHS. We've been taken to the airport and Yim Mi-Jin has just arrived from her flight. The drama ends as We're shown her as she descends down the escalor and leaving the airport.

PREVIEW

Dan-bi in her mother's bedroom.

SDB.....I'm sorry.

SHS.....You really hurt me today.

SDB.....I wanted to do anything and everything I could to marry Ji-hwan.

Dan-bi meets Ji-hwan and hands him the marriage license.

SDB.....Here.

KJW.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....They'll change their minds when they see us living happy.

Dan-bi and a group of friends.

Person.....Why didn't you come to your engagement party

Back to the hotel and Ji-hwan reading the newspaper article about Yim Mni-jin

Person from group of friends.....if you were going to get back with Ji-hwan anyway?

Ji-hwan tearing up the paper to shreds in extreme anger.

I thought you were her.

Ji-hwan is going to his car and approach by a man, then turns to see Min-jin

Man.....Min-jin wants to see you.

He turns back to the man and says.....

KJW.....As far as I'm concerned, she's dead.

Yin Min-jin struggles with man.

YMJ.....I'm going to tell him that I missed him! Let go!

Man.....He's getting married.

Person.....I thought you were her.

Guest Bijan630

12:19 PM 5/12/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 16

Kang Family

Seo Family

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook/Kim Hee-sook.....Dan-bi's mother

Bar owner.....Yoo-ri

New Character.....Yim Mi-jin/Ji-hwan's ex-girlfriend

The drama opens with Ji-hwan in the hotel lobby reading an article about Yim Min-jin and then tearing the paper to shreds.

Dan-bi is walking home and meets her mother near the play ground.

SDB.....Mom.

At home, Mrs. Seo walks straight into her bedroom to avoid talking to Dan-bi.

SYI to SHS.....Why did you turn your cell phone off?

SDB.....Mom!

In the bedroom

SDB.....Where did you go? Mom.

SHS.....Get out.

SDB.....I'm sorry Mom. I was wrong.

SHS.....About what? You were perfect! It was a new experience for me. You hurt my pride like no one else has. Bravo! Fantastic!

SDB.....Don't say that Mom.

SHS.....Mom? Am I really your Mom? Are you the daughter I gave birth to after being in labor for 48 hours? Are you my daughter whom I depended on for almost 30 years? You can't be. If you were, how could you turn your back on me when that woman threw water at me?

SDB.....I'm so sorry Mom. But I want Ji-hwan's mom to like me. I know it's cowardly, but I'd do everything to marry Ji-hwan. I know that I only thought about my feelings. You're my mom, so I thought you'd always be on my side no matter what I did. I didn't realize how much I was hurting you. I'm so sorry Mom.

SHS.....Honey. Honey! Get her out of my sight.

SYI.....Honey.

SHS.....Now!

SYI to SDB.....Go.

SYI.....Honey.

SHS.....Don't ask me anything and don't say anything. I'll tell you when I want to.

SYI.....Okay. What is all of this? We don't have money to buy this.

SHS.....You must think I'm content living in this small place because I don't complain about it. But I once lived in a house that had a bigger swimming pool than this place. What's so bad about spending a few bucks on these clothes? I used to spend more money than this on just one meal alone!

SYI.....Don't be so upset. I was just worried because I know we don't have money.

SHS.....My pride is getting hurt so badly today. Some stupid woman throws money at me and you're worried because I bought some stupid clothes.

SYI.....Money?

SHS.....I don't want to talk about it. I want to lie down.

Mr. Seo now goes to talk to Dan-bi in her bedroom.

SYI.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....I know what you're going to say. Yes, I could just give up Ji-hwan. But will I be happy then? There's nothing happier than living with the person you love. I know I should forget about Ji-hwan for you and Mom, but will I be happy?

SYI.....Get some sleep. By the way.....I'm sorry. It must've hurt a lot.

SDB.....No, it didn't hurt at all because I know why you slapped me.

At the Kang home, Ji-hwan places the red envelope with the check on the table in front of his mother.

KJW.....Why did you do that?

KSH.....I wanted to do it if it meant getting Dan-bi away from you.

KJW.....What do you gain from that?

KSH.....Your happiness.

KJW.....My happiness? How did I seem to you after I broke up with Mi-jin? I was miserable. I was as good as dead inside. (untranslated.....No, I was dead inside?)

KSH.....Why are you bringing her up now?

KJW.....Dan-bi's the woman who made me want to live again. She's the one who made me love again. My happiness? Breaking up with Dan-bi means I'm as good as dead.

KSH.....Don't say such a foolish thing. Yes, you were miserable after you and Mi-jin broke up. But you found love again. You met Dan-bi and you fell in love again.....and, you'll find love again. You may think your life will end when you break up with Dan-bi. But you'll find love again. It was the same for me too. I too went through it. A long time ago, I thought I'd die without this man. But I met your dad and I'm happy.

KJW.....It's enough that I failed at love once. I never want to let go of the person I love again. Dan-bi's my last woman.

Maid....Mr. Kang is home.

KJW.....I'll keep what happened today a secret. Dad will be disappointed in you if he finds out.

we're in the living room now.

KJY.....It's nice to see mother and son getting along. I feel so happy!

KJW.....I'm going to my room.

KSH to KJY.....You should take a shower.

KJY.....What, they weren't getting along?

Mrs. Kang is back in the den alone remembering what happened at the restaurant with Mrs. Seo.

SHS.....You can do whatever you want! You can tell the truth instead of running away. Are you afraid of losing your husband to another woman again?

KJY.....Why are you staring into space? You should let them get married. What's the big deal about what fortune tellers said?

KSH.....Not you too! I hate myself for being against it too. But I can't let Ji-hwan marry Dan-bi. It's Ji-hwan's life we're talking about. Dan-bi and her family will destroy him. So persuade him to break up with Dan-bi.

KJY.....What right do I have? I even took sleeping pills to marry you. You remember that I took pills because my mother was against my marrying you. You forgot?

KSH.....Why bring that up?

KJY.....They probably feel the way we did back then. I never thought you'd be against Ji-hwan's marriage considering what we went through to get married.

KSH.....You don't know what you're talking about.

KJY.....I'm not 100% pleased with Dan-bi's family either. But I don't want my son to go through the pain I suffered. You shouldn't either.

KSH.....Honey. But....

KJY.....Actually, I want to be on Ji-hwan's side. But I'm always on your side. So be thankful that I'm not saying anything. I can't break up Ji-hwan and Dan-bi.

(Mr. Kang takes his wife's wrist and looks at her scar.)

KSH.....What are you doing?

KJY.....Stay still. I don't know much but I know one thing. I have to make you forget about sadness and make you happy.

KSH.....Why don't you ask me?

KJY.....What?

KSH.....About my wrist. Why don't you ask me why I slit my wrist? Aren't you curious?

KJY.....I am. But I'm afraid you might say you did it because of a man. I'd rather not know if that's what you're going to say. I have a weak heart you know. Let's forget about it. I don't know why you did it, but why bring up the past? Forget about the past.

Okay, the camera takes us to the bar and the owner Yoo-ri seems to be good friends with Mi-jin. Are they sisters?

YMJ.....Yoo-ri

YR......Are you really Min-jin? Are you okay? Are you?

YMJ.....Yes.

Racquet ball anyone?...a game between Ji-hwan and Eun-hwan. OHHHH!!....now for a little Eye Candy!! Nice shower scene.

KEH.....You're getting on my nerves lately.

KJW.....That's too bad. I always wanted to be the cool, older brother to you.

KEH.....But I'm still going to be on your side.

Sitting together in the locker room?

KEH.....Here.

KJW.....What is it?

KEH.....I heard you talking on the phone trying to get a loan. One of my CD's matured.

KJW.....That's okay kid.

KEH.....But why do you need money?

KJW.....To find a place for me and Dan-bi to live.

KEH.....You want to move out?

KJW.....I don't think I can change Mom's mind, and she won't leave me alone. So I have no choice. A friend of mine told me about a position in Busan. Home prices are lower there than in Seoul.

KEH.....Then you really should accept my money. It's not much. You have to pay me back soon!

KJW.....Stop kidding around and take it back.

KEH.....Is your pride is getting in the way?

KJW.....No. I thank you for the thought. But I can't accept it for your sake.

KEH.....Why?

KJW.....My moving out means I'll sever my ties with Mom. She'll be furious with you if she finds out you gave me money.

KEH.....But...

KJW.....Just be a good son to Mom and Dad. I owe you for that.

KEH.....Okay. Ji-hwan. What's love?

KJW.....What?

KEH.....Looking at you trying so hard to be with Dan-bi, I think it's true love.

KJW.....You married for love, so what kind of question is that?

KEH.....Well, if I were you, I think I would've give up on love. I don't want my life to be complicated because of love. I don't believe in love.

KJW.....Love exists. Love means I want to be in pain if she's in pain. Love means I'm happy only if she's happy. Love exists.

KEH.....Okay. I think it's true in your case. Good luck.

Back to the Seo home with Yoo-hee, Sat-byul, Dan-bi, Mr. Seo trying to get Mrs. Seo out of the bed.

YH......Come on, let's go.

SHS.....What's the matter with you? Leave me alone. Come on!

YH......I want to get some fresh air thanks to you. Get up.

YH to SB.....Hold her. We won!

SHS.....What's the matter with you? I can't even ride a bicycle.

Everyone is now at the playground while Dan-bi and her mother sit on a bench trying to talk things over. Dan-bi tries to hold her mother's hand.

SHS.....Don't.

SDB.....Mom.

SHS.....You really hurt my feelings. Do you know how much she hurt my pride? (Dan-bi nods yes in response to each question) She threw money at me! As if that wasn't enough, she even threw water at me! You saw water dripping down my face. And she grabbed me by the back of my neck.

SDB.....I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm your daughter, but I turned my back on you. I'm a bad daughter.

SHS.....Yes, I cursed you last night. I wished that you'd have a daughter just like you. I missed your grandma so much last night. When I said I was going to marry your dad, she said she'd wish that I'd have a daughter just like me. I realized what she meant by that. She said she'd rather die than see me marry your dad. I feel what she felt then. Dan-bi, what's with your face?

SDB.....I'm going to go see a doctor. I've been having indigestion. I'm nauseous and I have headaches.

SYI.....What are you doing? Are you just going to sit there? Come on. I'll give you a ride.

SHS.....No. I don't want to get tanned.

SYI.....You need a tan. You're too pale. Come on!

SHS.....No! I can't ride a bicycle at my age.

SYI.....Come on.

SHS.....No....

SYI.....Hold on tight. Tighter. Here we go!

SHS.....Oh no! (repeatedly)

(We stay in the playground just a little longer and watch Mr. Seo give his wife a ride on the back of the bike and Yoo-hee teaching her daughter Sat-byul to ride her bike. While Dan-bi sits and watches everyone, she starts gagging.)

Dan-bi is now in the ladies room because she's feeling nauseous.

(cell phone)

SDB on cell.....Yes?

Dan-bi and Ji-hwan meet at a coffee shop and she's opening up a present he's given her. It's a mirror from a car.

SDB.....What's all this?

KJW.....I tried to put my feelings down in words, but as you can see, I couldn't write more than a few lines. But I found something that expressed my feelings exactly. Take a look.

sDB.....Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

KJW.....That's right. I'm closer to your side than you think. And your closer to my side than I think. I don't know why I was nervous. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked you to get a marriage license or that you should get pregnant. We're closer to each other than we may seem. I'll wait.

SDB.....Here.

KJW.....What is it?

(The form says.....MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE....and Dan-bi has filled it out.)

KJW.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....Let's go submit it next week.

KJW.....No, you don't have to do it.

SDB.....I regretted it a lot. I should've trusted you and gone along with you. You're right. Our parents might be furious in the beginning, but they'll forgive us once they see how happy we are.

KJW.....Thank you for trusting me. Let's go.

SDB.....Already?

KJW.....I want to introduce some people to you.

Ji-hwan now takes Dan-bi to a wedding to meet his friends.

KJW.....Yoon-chul!

YC......It's Ji-hwan!

KJW.....It's nice to see you! How have you been?

YC......You look good. We only get to see you at our friends' weddings?

KJW.....Ah yes! I want all of you to meet the woman I'm going to marry.

SDB.....Hello.

Everbody.....Hello.

Friend 1.....Nice to meet you. I've wanted to meet you.

SDB.....Me too.

Friend 2.....Ji-hwan.

KJW.....Hi!

Friend 2.....Come with me for a minute.

KJW to SDB.....I'll be right back. Get acquainted.

Friend 3.....You're as beautiful as he said you were.

After watching the ceremony Dan-bi is seated with Ji-hwan's friends.

Everbody.....Cheers!

SDB.....Please invite me to your gatherings.

Friend 1.....Of course. We're friends now.

Friend 2.....She's a year older than us, Yim Mi-jin. Why didn't you show up to your engagement party if you were going to get back with Ji-hwan anyway?

SDB.....What?

Friend 3.....What in the world are you talking about?

Friend 1.....She's not her.

Friend 2.....She's not?

Friend 3.....I came back to the country recently and I thought you were her.....I thought Ji-hwan said he'd die without her.

(Friend 2 quickly covers friend 3's mouth)

Friend 2.....Quiet!

Ji-hwan's friend brings him to the parking garage, and waiting in a car is his ex-girlfriend, Yim Mi-jin.

KJW.....What did you want to talk about? What is it?

Friend.....Over there.

When Ji-hwan finally looks in the direction of the parked car, Yim Mi-jin slowly gets out and Ji-hwan just stares at her.

PREVIEW

Ji-hwan meets Dan-bi who's already seated at a restaurant.

SDB.....What kind of woman was she? Did you even live with her?

KJW.....What's the matter with you?

SDB.....Tell me! Tell me the truth!

KJW.....Should we break up?

SDB.....Do you really mean that?

Ji-hwan storms off and leaves Dan-bi sitting alone.

Mrs. Kang is walking up the stairs to her house where she's met by an old woman in white who's giving her a gift. She smiles and accepts the gift.

KSH......Red silk? I think it was a baby dream.

Mrs. Kang turns around and sees herself alone on the stairs.

Mrs. Kang is on the cell phone.

KSH.....I think it was a baby dream.

Dan-bi's having some soup.

SDB to self?.....How strange. The pregnancy test had only one line.

Dan-bi is at the doctors office and during the exam, she finds out.....

DR.....You're pregnant. You're five weeks along.

Guest mekka

12:38 PM 5/11/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 15

Kang Family

Seo Family

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook/Kim Hee-sook .....Dan-bi's mother

New character......Yim Min-jin/Ji-hwan's ex?

Today's episode opens with Yoo-hee running over and up the steps to the Seo home

SHS's voice.....Yoo-hee, I'm going out to see that woman. (untranslated...what am I going to do?) I'm nervous.

In the living room.

YH......Hee-sook! Hee-sook! Did she leave already?

(Note left on coffee table.....CRYSTAL HOTEL 12 PM)

YH to self.....Crystal Hotel?

Now we go to Soon-pil's salon with Dan-bi standing in front of her locker. As she puts her pocket book away, she then opens it back up to pull out the application for the marriage license. While standing there, she becomes nauseous, receives a call on her cell phone.

SDB.....Hi Aunt. What?

Dan-bi is now in a cab on her way to the hotel where her mother is going to meet Mrs. Kang.

SDB to driver.....Can you go faster?

SDB on cell.....Hello? Ji-hwan?

Ji-hwan is now running down the steps and out of his house to go to the hotel

SDB's voice.....My mom went to see your mom.

Meanwhile, at the hotel, the two cats, I mean mothers are seated at a table.

SHS.....You didn't ask me to come here to have coffee with you. We're not going to agree on anything. Since you're not talking, I will. I came to give you a warning. How dare you humiliate and hurt my daughter because of what happened in the past! Do that again and I won't forgive you!

KSH.....Forgive? I thought about how I would've reacted if I were you. I thought about how I would've reacted after breaking up someone's marriage and after driving her to try and kill herself. Okay, so you fell in love, and the man hkappened to be married. But if I were you, I would've said how sorry I was.

SHS.....Did you ask me to meet you to hear me say I'm sorry? I think you should thank me since you met a rich man and you're living in luxury now.

KSH.....Thank you?

SHS.....What? You don't agree?

KSH.....Yes, I'm thankful since because of you, I met a man who Yoo-il can't even compare to. Sure, I'm thankful. I'm thankful since because of you, I'm living comfortably in a big house with loving sons. But even though I'm happy, I feel like my heart has been torn into pieces every time I see you in my dreams! I kill you and Yoo-il in my dreams, but when I awake, I feel so cheated and hurt that I cry. It hurts me more than you'll ever know when I think about my baby who died because of you two! I had no will to live! So I......(shows mark on wrist where she tried to commit suicide)....Whenever I'm reminded of my tragic past, I wish that someone would erase the horrible memories. For that I should thank you?

SHS.....You should get to the point since you asked me to come here.

(places an envelope with money on the table)

KSH.....I think that's enough for you to take and go away.

(SHS opens it to find $100,000,000 won)

KSH.....What? Do you want more?

SHS.....You're laughable. You think you're so rich now that you can pay me off? Look, Soon-hee, let me tell you something. You seem to have forgotten your past after snatching yourself a rich man. But to me, you're still the same poor, country bumpkin! So you shouldn't try to act like some sophisticated rich woman! Don't you dare! What? You want me to take it and go away?

(Dan-bi has just run into the lobby of the hotel, and right behind her getting out of a cab is Ji-hwan.)

Back in the restaurant

SHS.....How dare you! Who do you think I am?

KSH.....I know who you are. You're Taesung Group chairman's daughter Kim Hee-sook. I looked into what happened. How sad....How did such a big company go bankrupt? This is why you can never predict the future. But you still have some pride left, is that it? Think of it as payment for getting your stupid daughter away from my son. I can't get her away from him since she's leeched onto him like you did to my ex-husband.

SHS.....You don't have any confidence, do you? You lost your husband to me back then. Now you're afraid of losing your son? I'm sorry, but they won't break up just because I keep Dan-bi away from your stupid son. Your stupid son took after you. He's like glue that's stuck to my daughter and he just won't go away. He won't go away even after we called the police on him accusing him of being a stalker. He's just like his mother who begged her ex-husband not to leave her after he no longer loved her. Such leeches!

(I already said this before, and I don't know why no one listened to me.....CATS HATE WATER!.......Mrs. Kang just threw water into Mrs. Seo's face.......geesh, Mrs. Seo returned the favor!....that was really an original thought!)

SHS.....Get this straight. You think I'll let you win? Do whatever you want! You might as well tell the truth instead of running away from it! What? Are you afraid of your husband finding out the truth? Are you afraid of losing him to another woman again?

(ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!.....The cat fight is on and the fur pulling has begun!)

KSH.....You witch!

SHS.....What are you doing?

SDB to KSH.....Mom! Mother, are you all right?

SHS to SDB.....Take your hands off her! Take your hands off her. NOW!

SDB to KSH.....Mother, let me help you get up.

KSH to SDB.....Take your hands off me!

KJW.....Mom, are you okay?

KSH.....I'm feeling dizzy. I want to leave.

KJW.....Okay.

KJW to SHS.....I'll be back.

KJW to KSH.....Let's go.

(Dan-bi now rushes to wipe her mother's face)

SHS.....Bad girl!......(Is there another translation for this, because I know it's a lot worse than it sounds!)

SDB.....Mom!

(Dan-bi now happens to look over at the table and sees the red envelope with the check in it. Meanwhile, Ji-hwan is escorting his mother to the car)

KJW to driver.....Can you wait a minute?

Driver.....Sure.

(Ji-hwan goes back to the restaurant, but Dan-bi and her mother are gone.)

Seo home in the living room again.....(Mrs. Seo has just stormed into her own home, rushed into her bedroom and locked the door to prevent Dan-bi from following her)

SDB.....Mom, let's talk for a minute. Mom.

(Mrs. Seo is just sitting in front of her vanity)

SDB's voice outside the door.....Mom, let's talk. Mom. Mom, I'm sorry.

Now to the Kang living room as Soo-ah brings her mother-in-law a glass of water.

KSH.....You saw what happened. They're such low-class people.

KJW.....Who asked to meet first?

KSH.....I asked her to meet me. What was I supposed to do when you said you were going to get a marriage license and live with Dan-bi?

KJW.....So, what did you say to Dan-bi's mother?

KSH.....Are you only interested in what I said when that woman attacked me?

KJW.....The more you do this, the more I want to run away, Mom.

KSH.....Ji-hwan!

KSH.....No! I'm telling you not Dan-bi!

KJW.....What's the big deal about what fortune tellers said? What's the big deal about her background?

KSH to self.....How can I accept her into the family when her parents ruined my life? How ?

We're now with Dan-bi as she's back at the place where she and Ji-hwan placed their locks. She then pulls the red envelope out of her bag, stares at it, and starts to cry. Next, we're taken to the company where Eun-hwan is giving a presentation at a meeting with Mr. Kang and other employees.

KEH.....At PID, we're striving to satisfy the needs

(the scene shows Mr. Kang and the group walking around the store)

KEH.....Of consumers who are fashion forward and.....

Back to the Kang house with Soon-pil sitting at his sister's bedside attempting to make a call on his cell

YSP.....I think Jung-yong's busy.

KSH.....Don't keep calling him when he's working.

YSP.....We made up the lie about fortune tellers, but you're really getting sick.

KSH.....I met Dan-bi's mother today.

YSP.....Who?

KSH.....I was going to forgive her if I could. If she begged me, I was going to forgive her. I wasn't going to fight with her. I was going to tell her that the kids can't get married considering everything that's happened. I was going to offer her money, so she could take a trip with Dan-bi and forget about things. I was going to apologize to her about hurting Dan-bi.

YSP.....But?

KSH.....But she was so horrible just as I remembered. I was a fool to think she'd apologize. I was a fool to have wanted to forgive her. I'll never forgive her. Not until the day I die.....

Soon-pil is now in his bedroom

YSP to self.....What a tragic twist of fate....

(He starts to daydream about Yoo-hee)

YH......It's okay. Some women's husband's are dead, and some women's husband's are alive....Actually, I can't remember him that much. He died three days after we got married. I don't even feel like I was ever married....

YSP to self.....You poor thing....What am I doing? I shouldn't think about anyone in that family! She was so pretty back then.....Yoo-hee....No! Yoo-hee...NO!

The camera shows us a sleeping Yoo-hee at the Seo home and Mr. Seo has just come home from work.

SYI.....Yoo-hee. Yoo-hee.

YH......You're home?

SYI.....Aren't Hee-sook and Dan-bi home yet?

YH......No.

SYI.....I wonder what happened....

YH......I think Hee-sook and Yoon-hee fought. You're ex-wife and current wife must've had a catfight!

SYI.....I wonder where she went....

YH......Maybe she went there again?

Okay, here she is. Mrs. Seo is so frustrated that she's gone to the mall and attempting to buy clothing she can't afford.

SHS to emp.....I'll take this, this, this, and this.

Now we have Ji-hwan sitting alone at a bar drinking as the owner comes over to try and keep him company. She pours him a drink. God.....keeping up with these scene changes....Dan-bi is still at the place(can someone tell me the name please?) where the locks are, but she's now standing in front of a Christmas tree made of red and white teddy bears. Ji-hwan finally shows up to join her.

SDB.....How did you know that I was here?

KJW.....I told you that I'd find you wherever you were. You must've been upset with me earlier.

SDB.....Yes. I was disappointed. I saw water dripping down my mom's face, but I helped your mom first. Why? Because I was sure you'd help my mom.

KJW.....I wasn't thinking clearly earlier. My mom has high blood pressure. I was shocked to see her down on the floor.

SDB.....I'm such a bad daughter. I ignored my mom even though she had water dripping down her face. I ignored my mom to help your mom even though your mom hates me.

KJW.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....I'm tired of all of this. I want to give up.

SDB.....What if I mean it?

KJW.....Seo Dan-bi!

SDB.....What if I want to stop all of this? I know there's a cliff at the end and I don't want to go to the end. Then what?

(KJW drags Dan-bi by the hand)

(They've just gotten off the hotel elevator and Ji-hwan's dragging her to a room)

KJW.....Just follow me.

(In the room)

KJW.....Did you mean it? Do you really want to give up?

SDB.....I didn't mean it.

KJW.....Then don't say that. Don't say things like that. I want to be with you until the day I die.

SDB.....Did you bring me here just to say that?

KJW.....No. Actually, I've been thinking a lot and this is the only way. Dan-bi, let's tell everyone you're pregnant.

SDB.....What?

KJW.....I'm losing faith too, because I don't see our parents backing down. I have to try everything!

SDB.....So, you want to tell them I'm pregnant and we're going to try and get me pregnant?

KJW.....I want us to be together.

SDB.....What if they find out we lied?

KJW.....We can think about that later. Let's show them how happy we are. and they'll eventually come around. Dan-bi.

(She pulls out the red envelope and hands it to him.)

SDB.....Here. You're mother gave this to my mom. Now do you know how much your mom looks down on me and my family? Yes, my family is poor, but we're not so shallow that we'd accept this. I won't sell my love for money. (untranslated) Yes, I could lie and say I'm pregnant, but your mother will give me even more money and tell me to let you go. Don't make me feel so pathetic. It really hurts.

(Dan-bi leaves Ji-hwan standing alone in the room as he throws the envelope on the floor. As she rides down in the elevator she starts crying as she pounds her chest in frustration. Meanwhile, Ji-hwan coming out of the elevator in the lobby and happens to see a newspaper article.......RISING STAR WRITER YIM MIN-JIN'S NEW BOOK SELLS 1 MILLION COPIES IN 3 MONTHS. We've been taken to the airport and Yim Mi-Jin has just arrived from her flight. The drama ends as We're shown her as she descends down the escalor and leaving the airport.

PREVIEW

Dan-bi in her mother's bedroom.

SDB.....I'm sorry.

SHS.....You really hurt me today.

SDB.....I wanted to do anything and everything I could to marry Ji-hwan.

Dan-bi meets Ji-hwan and hands him the marriage license.

SDB.....Here.

KJW.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....They'll change their minds when they see us living happy.

Dan-bi and a group of friends.

Person.....Why didn't you come to your engagement party

Back to the hotel and Ji-hwan reading the newspaper article about Yim Mni-jin

Person from group of friends.....if you were going to get back with Ji-hwan anyway?

Ji-hwan tearing up the paper to shreds in extreme anger.

I thought you were her.

Ji-hwan is going to his car and approach by a man, then turns to see Min-jin

Man.....Min-jin wants to see you.

He turns back to the man and says.....

Yin Min-jin struggles with man.

YMJ.....I'm going to tell him that I missed him! Let go!

Man.....He's getting married.

Person.....I thought you were her.

Jihwan and Danbi will be in turmoil for a while, the ex that left Jihwan at his engagement party, has returned from publishing several books, and also want him back. He will be disgusted by the sight of her and the audacity of her to want to return to him. Lots of trouble will be brewing with ex, danbi, blackmail, and more cat fights.

Guest Bijan630

Bijan630: To answer your question the tower in episode 15 is called Seoul Tower some might even call it the Namsan Tower it's located in Southern Seoul.

Thanks for the info semi-fly. A lot of times I wish that the writers or director would at least mention the names of the sites they pick to shoot a scene for a drama. I remembered a long time ago watching a program, maybe an entertainment program which showed this very site, but since there were no english subs, I never knew the name.

mekka, I'm really wondering about this ex-girlfriend knowing any secrets. We only know that she was engaged to Ji-hwan and never showed up at her own engagement party. Now, the way writers are, she could have disappeared for a personal reason, one that she didn't want to share with Ji-hwan to spare him from suffering. This sets up a "Ji-hwan hates ex, loves Dan-bi, marries Dan-bi because of baby, but finds out truth of why ex left him, and waivers emotionally towards ex because Mother and In-laws are still putting pressure on him and Dan-bi".

Dan-bi might have a couple of near-miss miscarriages because of Ji-hwan's ex coming back in the picture, thus doubting Ji-hwan's love for her. Who knows which direction the writers are going to go with this. Will it take another 14 to 15 episodes of Dan-bi and Ji-hwan arguing about his ex to find out? Because of his ex, will she keep her pregnancy to herself if she feels he still loves her? Will Ji-hwan's mother used the ex to break up Dan-bi and her son? We just have to wait and see exactly what the writers are up to.

Also, that conversation between Eun-hwan and his brother wanting to know what love is. I wondered as the words came out of his mouth how Soo-ah would feel if she knew that her dear, I don't want to sleep with you to make a baby, husband felt this way. Also, if Ji-hwan told his brother that he married Soo-ah because of love, does this mean that even though Ji-hwan grew up with Eun-hwan, he has no idea of his brothers true character? I don't believe that Ji-hwan was joking that day in the car when he talked about going to the movies with his girlfriend instead of his wife.

For a man who finds ever excuse under the sun NOT to come home to his wife Soo-ah each night, there's definitely a problem.

Guest Bijan630

12:22 PM 5/13/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 17

Kang Family

Seo Family

Bar owner.....Yoo-ri

New Character.....Yim Mi-jin/Ji-hwan's ex-fiancee/his first love

Scene opens in the garage with Ji-hwan, as his friend informs him that Yim Mi-jin is the one who wanted to see him.

Friend.....Mi-jin wants to see you.

FR......I know how you feel, but....

KJW.....Didn't I tell you that I'm getting married? She's a really nice woman. She's not like someone who betrayed me and stabbed me in the heart.

YMJ.....Let go! I'm going to tell him I missed him!

FR......He said you were dead! He said as far as he's concerned, you were dead.

YMJ.....I didn't think he'd welcome me back. But I can't let him leave like this! (untranslated)

FR......He's getting married.

YMJ.....What?

Back inside the banquet hall at the table with Ji-hwan's friends.

KJW.....What's going on? Where's Dan-bi?

Dan-bi slowly walking in disbelief as she remembers what she just heard and begins feeling nauseous.

Friend 1.....Why didn't you come to your engagement party?

Friend 2.....She's not her.

Friend 1.....She's not? I thought Ji-hwan said he'd die without her.

Friend 2.....(quickly covers his friends mouth) Quiet!

Dan-bi in a coffee shop and Ji-hwan catching up to her.

KJW.....What happened? Why didn't you tell me you were leaving? I was worried about you. What? Did something happen with my friends?

SDB.....Why did you hide it?

KJW.....What?

SDB.....That you almost got engaged to someone.

KJW.....You heard.

SDB.....Yes, unfortunately.....I would've never known....

KJW.....No, I was going to tell you. It's just that I hate to even think about it.

SDB.....What kind of woman was she? Tell me everything about her.

KJW.....She was my first love. I thought I'd end up marrying her. But she disappeared on the day of the engagement party.

SDB.....And?

KJW.....And that's all. I'm sorry Dan-bi.

SDB.....About what? I understand that you had a first love. Do you know what you should be sorry about? It's that you never told me even though we've been dating for over a year.

KJW.....Dan-bi...

SDB.....If you still can't even think about it, it means you haven't gotten over her.

KJW.....That's not true. I'm over her. I just don't want to think about that terrible time.

SDB.....(Huk-shi) Did you even live with her? Or did you have a child with her? (Why is it that "huk-shi" is never translated? Isn't one meaning..."By any chance"?)

KJW.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....(Huk-shi) Was I....Was I a substitute to forget her?

KJW.....Seo Dan-bi!

SDB.....Tell me so I won't feel like I've been deceived! I'm afraid that there might be something more! Why can't you tell me? Is there more?

KJW.....What's the matter with you?

SDB.....Tell me! Tell me the truth!

KJW.....Fine, I loved her more than life! But she disappeared without a word. No one knows how painful that is! I spent my time looking for her and then spent more time wasting my life away because I couldn't forget her. Then I wasted my life away because I was in pain over being betrayed. Then I met you. I was able to heal from my wounds because of you. I vowed that I'd never love, but I fell in love again. I was going to tell you everything in time. I thought you'd understand my pain. (untranslated) But you feel deceived? You don't care about the pain I went through? You're only upset that I never told you?

SDB.....Are you blaming me now? You're the one who his it from me! Don't you think I'm disappointed in you?

KJW.....I'm not saying I was right. It's just that I thought you'd understand.

SDB.....Unbelievable. Okay, I guess I'm not so understanding. Maybe you should look for someone who's considerate enough to understand you!

KJW.....Don't say things like that.

SDB.....(Byul?) Your mother would be happy to hear what I just said. So would my parents. So many people would be happy to see us break up. Should we break up?

KJW.....Do you mean that?

SDB.....Do I look like I'm joking?

(Ji-hwan just gets up from the table and leaves.)

SDB.....Ji-hwan!

Ji-hwan is now sitting alone in at Yoo-ri's bar getting drunk to the point of passing out.

(cell phone)

YR......It's me. He's here. Do you want to come?

Yim Mi-jin in her home.

YMJ.....No. I don't think I can tell him yet. I'll see him when I'm ready. I'm still afraid...

Yoo-ri at bar.

YR......Director Kang Eun-hwan? It's me, Yoo-ri. I.....

Eun-hwan picks up his brother from the bar and they're parked outside of the house.

KEH.....What's the matter with you? Is it because of Mom? Well?

KJW.....No.

KEH.....Then what's the matter?

KJW.....Dan-bi misunderstood.

KEH.....About what?

KJW.....About Mi-jin.

KEH.....What about her? It's in the past!

KJW.....I should've told her myself, but she heard it from someone else. Why are things getting more complicated?

Dan-bi in her bedroom now frustrated over arguing with Ji-hwan about his ex.

SDB to self.....I was just being a brat....I was crazy! I should've never said we should break up! I was thoughtless!

We're given a view of the outside of the Kang home as Eun-hwan has just brought Ji-hwan into the living room.

YSP.....You reek of alcohol.

KJY.....Foolish boy! Why did you drink so much? Don't you know that too much alcohol is like poison to the body?

KJW.....I'm sorry Dad.

KJY.....Half of your body is your mom's and mine since we gave you life. Take good care of it.

KJW.....Yes.

The camera takes us to Eun-hwan and Soo-ah in their bedroom.

KSA.....Did something happen to Ji-hwan?

KEH.....How would I know?

KSA.....Sometimes, you feel like a stranger......(Poor thing, still doesn't have a clue as to who the person is that she sleeps with each night.)

KEH.....What are you talking about?

KSA.....You're never completely honest with me. Why do you keep secrets from me?

KEH.....I don't have any secrets. I really don't know.

KSA.....I'm going in for In-vitro next Monday.

KEH.....I should go by 2 o'clock. Right?

KSA.....Yes. I'm scared because I heard it hurts.

KEH.....Well then, Soo-ah, must you do that when it hurts? (untranslated....Couldn't you?) I mean, you have to do it even if it hurts! Right?

KSA.....Of course. I'll endure it. What's a little pain when we're going to have a baby? You can't be late. You have to stay with me.

KEH.....Okay, I will.

Mr. and Mrs. Kang in their bedroom.

KJY.....Honey, don't you feel sorry for Ji-hwan? He's drinking every day because he's having such a hard time being in the middle of you and Dan-bi. You should...

KSH.....Should I give up?

KJY.....What?

KSH.....Should I think of it as losing a son, pretend that I'm dead, and just give up and accept Dan-bi?

KJY.....I'd like that, but will you be okay?

KSH.....I told you, I can pretend that I'm dead.

KJY.....Honey.

The next day at the Seo home, Dan-bi is in her bedroom looking at the car mirror that Ji-hwan had given her.

KJW's voice.....I'm closer by your side than you think, and you're closer by my side than I think.

(Dan-bi sends a text message to Ji-hwan)

Mrs. Kang coming into Ji-hwan's bedroom and sees he's not there. At that moment, Dan-bi's message is received and Mrs. Kang reads the message.

(Okay, can somebody explain to me what it is with Korean dramas and the non-existent privacy of people? Anyone can go through your cell phone or answer it when you're not around. Gee, if you miss a call, doesn't it all ready tell you that? Also, what's with people going into other people's rooms, their wardrobe, you name it, without asking permission? This drives me nuts every time I watch it in a drama.)

KSH.....Are you awake?

(cell phone)

SDB's voice.....I regret what I said. I'm sorry I said we should break up. I'll wait for you at the cafe. You'll come with a smile on your face, won't you? (Mrs. Kang deletes Dan-bi's message)

Ji-hwan out in the front yard, and his mother comes out to look for him.

KSH to self.....He's been upset because she said they should break up. Maybe God's on my side.

KSA.....Mother.

KSH.....Good morning.

KSA.....Did something good happen?

KSH.....No, why?

KSA.....Because you seem happy.

KSH.....Do I? You're going for In-vitro today, aren't you?

KSA.....Yes.

KSH.....I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll go with you.

KSA.....No, it's okay. Eun-hwan's going with me.

KSH.....Ask him to take you to a nice dinner afterwards.

KSA.....Okay.

KSH.....Let's go inside.

At the Seo home we see the pile of shopping bags and the Seo's having breakfast at the kitchen table.

SYI.....What's with all the bags out there?

SHS.....I tried the clothes on and I don't like any of them.

SYI.....You're going to return them again?....(Explains why she's been placed on the "BLACK LIST" in the stores)

SHS.....What do you mean, "again"?

SYI.....You should think about whether you really want it or not before you buy it next time.

SHS to SDB.....What are you doing?

SDB.....What?

SHS.....Are you waiting for a call?

SDB.....Yes, I'm waiting.

SHS.....I want to remind you in case you forgot. Don't forget what Dr. Kang's mother did to me. If you still insist on marrying Dr. Kang, I'll never see you again.

SDB.....Wow, the soup looks good!

(She then gags at the smell of it.)

Dan-bi back in her bedroom to check her calendar.

SDB to self.....How strange....The pregnancy test had only one line.

In the kitchen again with Mr. and Mrs. Seo.

SHS.....You must be curious.

SYI.....About what?

SHS.....What your ex-wife and I said to each other. It's just as you think. we fought like cats and dogs. Threw water at each other and grabbed each other's hair.

SYI.....Really?

SHS.....I should be furious, but I don't know why I feel this way.....(untranslated)....She had slit her wrist.

SYI.....What?

SHS.....She tried to kill herself after losing you to me.

Mr. Seo at work

SYI to self.....I'm sorry Soon-hee. I'm really sorry.

Yoo-hee working cleaning the bathroom and babysitting.

YH to self.....My poor brother. How could his ex-wife show up as his future-in-law? What about me? I have a pathetic life....

Soo-ah getting ready to leave for her In-vitro.

KSA on cell.....It's me. We're going to be late for my appointment.

Eun-hwan in a meeting at work.

KEH.....I'm sorry, but I'm in the middle of a briefing. I'll go straight to the hospital after this, so go with my Mom.

KSA.....What? Okay.

Soo-ah coming down to the living room.

KSA to maid.....Is Mother in her room?

Maid....She got a call from her friend and went out.

KSA.....Okay.

KSA on cell.....Dan-bi.

(Dan-bi rushing out of the hair salon. Soo-ah in surgery for her In-vitro fertilization treatment. Dan-bi is at her bedside after the treatment is over.)

SDB.....Soo-ah, are you okay?

(nods then starts to get upset)

SDB.....It's okay. You're doctor said everything went well. She said you should relax and wait for the results.

(nods again)

SDB.....You were scared, weren't you?

(nod)

SDB.....Did it hurt?

KSA.....(nod) I wasn't afraid because you were by my side.

Dan-bi is leaving the hospital with Soo-ah and hails a cab for her.

SDB.....Go home, relax and eat well.

KSA.....You should get in too.

SDB.....No, I'm going in the opposite direction.

(Soo-ah places her scarf around Dan-bi's neck)

SDB.....I'm okay. You should wear it.

KSA.....I'm fine. I'm getting in the cab. You must be tired. You don't look good.

SDB.....Yes.

KSA.....Bye.

(Dan-bi is going back into the hospital)

Mrs. Kang's car pulling up and as she climbs the steps to her house, she meets an old woman dressed in white, who gives her a box with a red and blue silk scarf. Mrs. Kang is choosing which color she wants.

KSH.....Who are you? It's so beautiful...Are you giving this to me?

(Woman nods)

KSH.....Which one should I take? This one's pretty, but this one's pretty too.

(Mrs. Kang picks the red scarf, and the woman nods. When Mrs. Kang looks up at the woman again, she finds herself standing alone on the stairs.)

KSH.....Where did she go? It's so pretty! How pretty!

Mrs. Kang sleeping in her car.

Driver.....Mrs. Kang. Mrs. Kang. Mrs. Kang, your cell phone's ringing.

KSH.....Hello? Eun-hwan.....Did you? I dozed off. I'm glad you called. I think Soo-ah's going to get pregnant.

Eun-hwan out shopping.

KEH on cell.....Red silk?

Mrs. Kang in her car.

KSH on cell.....Remember I told you that I had a dream about a pig last time? I think it was a baby dream. How's Soo-ah doing?

Eun-hwan still shopping.

KEH on cell.....What? I called to ask you Mom. Didn't she go with you? I just got out of a briefing.

Mrs. Kang in the car.

KSH on cell.....You let her go alone? I had to go somewhere. Never mind.

KSH to driver.....Let's go to the hospital.

Driver.....Okay.

(Soo-ah is in the cab going home all alone, in pain and crying. Dan-bi in the doctor's office and the doctor's doing a sonogram. When the exam is over, she's sitting in his office for the results)

DR......The fetus is not visible yet.....

SDB.....What do you...?

DR......You're pregnant. You're five weeks along. You have to be careful so as not to have a miscarriage.

SDB.....But I tested myself with a home pregnancy test and it was negative.

DR......It was probably because you tested yourself too soon. The test isn't always accurate. I want you to come back in a week. Are you experiencing morning sickness?

(Mrs. Kang has just arrived at the hospital while Dan-bi is sitting in the lobby dazed by the news from the doctor. As Mrs. Kang enters the lobby and is looking around for Soo-ah, Dan-bi finally gets up to leave. They eventually see one another.)

PREVIEW

Mr. and Mrs. Kang are in the den as Soon-pil comes yelling into the room

YSP.....Sis! Jung-yong! It's over!

KSH.....What's over?

YSP.....Ji-hwan and Dan-bi fought and broke up!

Mr. Kang looks shocked while Mrs. Kang smiles

Ji-hwan is passed out from drinking again, but this time Mi-jin is with him

SDB's voice.....You stood me up and you were with that woman?

A car pulls up as Dan-bi is standing on the steps of Ji-hwan's house.

SDB's voice.....Have you been two-timing me?

When Ji-hwan comes too, he's standing in front of Mi-jin while looking up at Dan-bi.

SDB's voice.....I don't know what's true and what's not anymore!

Ji-hwan grabs Dan-bi's hand as she starts to leave.

KJW.....You can't leave like this.

Dan-bi continues down the steps and leaves Ji-hwan standing there.

SDB.....It's over.

Dan-bi is now standing outside of Ji-hwan's office as she overhears him talking to Mi-jin

YMJ.....I thought that I should've stayed with you even if it was only for a day.

Mi-jin is running from the office crying as Ji-hwan runs after her not noticing that Dan-bi was standing there all along.

KJW.....Mi-jin!

Dan-bi has gone to the hospital

SDB.....I want to have an abortion.

Guest mekka

Thanks for the info semi-fly. A lot of times I wish that the writers or director would at least mention the names of the sites they pick to shoot a scene for a drama. I remembered a long time ago watching a program, maybe an entertainment program which showed this very site, but since there were no english subs, I never knew the name.

mekka, I'm really wondering about this ex-girlfriend knowing any secrets. We only know that she was engaged to Ji-hwan and never showed up at her own engagement party. Now, the way writers are, she could have disappeared for a personal reason, one that she didn't want to share with Ji-hwan to spare him from suffering. This sets up a "Ji-hwan hates ex, loves Dan-bi, marries Dan-bi because of baby, but finds out truth of why ex left him, and waivers emotionally towards ex because Mother and In-laws are still putting pressure on him and Dan-bi".

Dan-bi might have a couple of near-miss miscarriages because of Ji-hwan's ex coming back in the picture, thus doubting Ji-hwan's love for her. Who knows which direction the writers are going to go with this. Will it take another 14 to 15 episodes of Dan-bi and Ji-hwan arguing about his ex to find out? Because of his ex, will she keep her pregnancy to herself if she feels he still loves her? Will Ji-hwan's mother used the ex to break up Dan-bi and her son? We just have to wait and see exactly what the writers are up to.

Also, that conversation between Eun-hwan and his brother wanting to know what love is. I wondered as the words came out of his mouth how Soo-ah would feel if she knew that her dear, I don't want to sleep with you to make a baby, husband felt this way. Also, if Ji-hwan told his brother that he married Soo-ah because of love, does this mean that even though Ji-hwan grew up with Eun-hwan, he has no idea of his brothers true character? I don't believe that Ji-hwan was joking that day in the car when he talked about going to the movies with his girlfriend instead of his wife.

For a man who finds ever excuse under the sun NOT to come home to his wife Soo-ah each night, there's definitely a problem.

#####################################################

Bijan630! I think the es either had a baby or had some kind of ailment. When the sister saw her, she said are you okay are you really who you are, so its either or. Danbi will consider an abortion, all due to a misunderstanding but Danbi created that misstep by being bratty. Jihwan is in love with Danbi that ex will try her best to come between them, but their is a man who is more in love with the ex, but she refuse to give him a chance.

The brother is not in love with his wife and he does not want to have a child with her, it quite plaind to see that he purposely miss all the appointments and all the ovulation sex, or maybe he love her but she spend most of their time trying to make a baby. This invitro will not take, when finding that Danbi is preggy, she is going to go balistic, saying Danbi broke her promise. It is going to be quite interesting in the coming week. Jihwan will waiver but in the end Danbi will be the one to live with him. The brother has a thing for the bar girl, sister to the ex I think!

Guest Bijan630

So mekka, are you trying to prepare me to watch another drama in which the lead actress gets abused? I'll be posting today's episode a little later since the screen blacked out for a bit and I want to check the lines. BUT.....in the coming attraction, Ji-hwan slaps Dan-bi because he thought she had an abortion. Okay.....can the writers explain to me why he's slapping Dan-bi when his first slap in this drama should have been towards his ex, Mi-jin, when she showed her face to him in the garage?

Yes, Dan-bi screwed up for being childish, jealous, under stress because of his mother, under stress because of her parents, and to top everything off, she's preggers. That's one hell of a rollercoaster to have to ride on when the person who was seated next to you and promised to protect you, flew off during one of the loops.

Also, in not just K-dramas, but in real life. People never get a say what they really mean. No one is thinking in their right minds at this time and the last thing in the world that Ji-hwan will ever believe is that his mother would sabatoge his relationship. You know, when parents do stuff like this, they never realize it could be a double edge sword. You ruin your child's unshakeable trust in a parent with this nonsense. But the line that's always used is, "I did it because I love you".

In fact, Mrs. Kang's action should have automatically set off rockets to make everyone wonder what's wrong with her. This mild mannered, oh my husband keeps buying me expensive gifts and I'd still rather shop at the street market, turned Mrs. Kang is acting so mean and viscious but I don't know why. Ooops! I forgot, Mr. Kang thinks she's going through menopause. Yeah, that explains everything. The writers are going to give me a headache and it's just getting started.

Okay, I'll be back later with today's episode.

Guest Bijan630

12:24 PM 5/14/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 18

Kang Family

Seo Family

Bar owner.....Yoo-ri

New Character.....Yim Mi-jin/Ji-hwan's ex-fiancee/his first love

(Mrs. Kang arriving at the hospital as Dan-bi is sitting in the lobby. Dan-bi is called by the receptionist just before Mrs. Kang sees her.)

Receptionist.....Ms. Seo Dan-bi. Here.

SDB.....What's this?

REC.....It's a pregnancy diary. It has your future appointments.

(Just as Dan-bi walks off, Mrs. Kang comes to the desk.)

KSH.....Lee Soo-ah had an appointment today. But I can't find her.

REC.....One moment. She came in for In-vitro today?

KSH.....Yes.

REC.....She had it done and left.

(Mrs. Kang comes home and rushes upstairs to Soo-ah's bedroom.)

KSH.....Soo-ah.

KSA.....Mother.

KSH.....Don't get up. Why didn't you tell me that Eun-hwan couldn't go with you?

KSA.....I didn't want to bother you when you were meeting your friend.

KSH.....Silly girl. Weren't you afraid? Was it painful?

KSA.....It was bearable.

KSH.....Eun-hwan's on his way home. I've never seen him so nervous. He feels so bad that he couldn't go with you. He's mad at me for not going with you. I'm sorry you had to go through it all alone......(Wow, she's just as dumb as her daughter-in-law not having a clue as to Eun-hwan's true character! On top of that, she has to lie and say that he's concerned for his wife.)

(Mrs. Kang is back downstairs in the living room. As she sits, she remembers the text message from Dan-bi that she deleted.)

SDB's voice.....I'll wait for you at the cafe. You'll come with a smile on your face, won't you?

(They show the scene of her deleted the message.)

(Dan-bi sitting in the cafe waiting for Ji-hwan.)

SDB to self.....Ji-hwan, don't be shocked. I'm....pregnant. How am I going to tell him? This is crazy.

(Mrs. Seo at the store returning all of the merchandise she purchased.)

SHS.....I want to return all of these.

Saleswoman 1.....What don't you like about them?

SHS.....Length, color, style, everything.

Saleswoman 2.....How many times is she going to do this?

SHS.....What did you just say?

SW2.....I didn't say anything.

SHS.....So are you saying I read your mind? I heard you say, "How many times is she going to do this?"

SW1.....I'm sorry. She's new. She neeeds more training.

SHS.....You stay out of this. Say it again. What did you just say?

SW2.....But it's true. You're always buying things only to return them a few days later.

SW1.....Be quiet!

SHS.....Don't they have any service training here? Do you know who I am? I'm Taesung Group's.....I want to speak to your manager! Didn't you hear me?

KJY.....Excuse me....

SHS.....Who are you?

KJY.....Aren't you Dan-bi's mother? You are right? I never forget a face. How are you? I'm Ji-hwan's father. We met at lunch the other day. You probably don't remember me because of the chaos that happened. Is something wrong?

SHS.....No....Excuse me, but I have to go.....

SHS to SW 1&2.....Take care of it.

(As Mrs. Seo leaves, she stops to watch as Mr. Kang picks up and expensive item for his wife.....Green, green, my world is green!!!)

KJY.....I'm here to pick up the outfit...

SW1.....Yes sir. Here. You're such a good husband. Your wife's a lucky woman.

KJY.....I hope she likes it.

(Yoo-hee at work babysitting and cleaning the floors.)

YH on cell.....Who did you run into? Ji-hwan's dad? Why did you go to the department store? Did you go to return the things you bought? Stop doing that. You're on their blacklist. Hello? Hello?

YH to self.....She acts like she's Miss Manners, but she hung up. How rude!

YH to baby.....Huh? Did you just fart? Okay, okay.

(Dan-bi is still waiting at the cafe. She looks at the clock on the wall, then checks her cell phone)

(Back at the Kang home, Eun-hwan is sitting by Soo-ah's bedside.)

KEH.....You're awake? I'm sorry. But I really couldn't leave in the middle of work.

KSA.....That's why I'm even more upset. I can't even get mad at you.

KEH.....How are you feeling my bride?

KSA.....It's not a pleasant feeling. I'll tell our baby what I had to go through to have her. I'll tell our baby how inconsiderate her dad was.

KEH.....Okay. Oh....Mom had a baby dream.

KSA.....Really? (untranslated)

KEH.....Don't get your hopes up.

KSA.....I have a feeling it's going to succeed this time. (untranslated)

(The clock is ticking and Dan-bi has finally decided that Ji-hwan isn't going to show up. Dan-bi's standing outside of Ji-hwan's office as Yim Mi-jin pulls up in her car. Both are in the lobby, they enter the elevator, and reach for the same floor . Both are walking in the same direction as Ji-hwan's office, but Mi-jin gets cold feet. Dan-bi walks in first.)

SDB.....Hi!

REC.....Hello. Dr. Kang's gone for the day.

SDB.....He is?

REC.....You should call him.

SDB.....Okay. My battery's dead. Can I use your phone?

REC.....Yes.

(Meanwhile, Ji-hwan is at the bar and has gotten drunk again.)

KJW on cell.....Dan-bi....Dan-bi....

(Back at Ji-hwan's office.)

SDB to REC.....It's busy. Are you working late tonight?

REC.....Yes.

SDB.....See you next time.

(Dan-bi is leaving the office, Mi-jin walks pass her.)

YMJ.....Is Dr. Kang in?

REC.....No, he's gone home for the day.

YMJ.....I see...

(cell phone)

YMJ.....Hi Yoo-ri.

(Yoo-ri has called Yim Mi-jin to the bar to pick up a passed out Ji-hwan.)

YMJ.....Ji-hwan. Ji-hwan.....

(Dan-bi is sitting alone on the steps to Ji-hwan's home as Yim Mi-jin pulls up in her car with Ji-hwan. Yim Mi-jin is trying to wake up Ji-hwan.)

YMJ.....Ji-hwan, wake up. Kang Ji-hwan.

KJW.....What are you doing here?

YMJ.....How much did you drink?

KJW.....Why are you here?

YMJ.....Ji-hwan. Let's talk fora minute. I have to talk to you. I....

KJW.....Shut up.

YMJ.....Ji-hwan, wait!

(Yim Mi-jin runs after Ji-hwan as he leaves the car.)

YMJ.....Don't go! Don't go!

KJW.....What? Don't go? You disappeared without a word and now you're back! What....and you don't want me to go?

(Yim Mi-jin is about to say something else when she looks up and sees Dan-bi standing on the stairs. Ji-hwan slowly turns around to see Dan-bi also.)

KJW.....Dan-bi...

(Awkward moment as the complicated love triangle begins.)

YMJ.....Let's talk next time. I'll go.

KJW to SDB.....Lets' go somewhere and talk.

SDB.....Who is she? Don't tell me that's her. Right.

KJW.....Listen to me.

SDB.....Is she?

(nod)

SDB.....Then...you stood me up and you were with that woman?

KJW.....What do you mean I stood you up?

SDB.....Didn't you see my text message?

KJW.....No. What text message?

SDB.....Never mind. Don't act dumb.

KJW.....I don't know what you're saying. I didn't stand you up.

SDB.....I don't know what's true and what's not anymore!

(Yoon Soon-pil pulls up in his car and watches the argument between Dan-bi and Ji-hwan.)

KJW.....I really didn't get your text message....and I wasn't with her. I got drunk and passed out. When I came to, I was in her car.

SDB.....I'm relieved it wasn't her bedroom. Have you been seeing her while dating me? Have you been two timing me?

KJW.....Is that what you think of me?

SDB.....Then why did she bring you home when you broke up with her three years ago?

KJW.....I don't know what happened! She appeared all of a sudden and we're having problems! This is all confusing to me!

SDB.....I felt bad about telling you I wanted to break up with you over your ex-girlfriend. I felt bad for being thoughtless.

KJW.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....But I never knew that woman would still be with you. I feel like I've been deceived. I can't believe I've been waiting for you all this time to tell you. I'm relieved that I didn't tell you.

KJW.....Tell me what?

SDB.....It's late.

KJW.....You can't leave like this. Please don't misunderstand what you saw. I really didn't get your text message. Really! It's true. What do I have to do to make you believe me?

SDB.....I don't believe you anymore. It's over.

(As she walks down the stairs, Soon-pil was still listening to the entire argument. He runs back to his car as Dan-bi is walking off and Ji-hwan is left totally in the dark about what has just happened while standing on the stairs.)

(Mr. and Mrs. Kang are in the den. He presents her with the gift he bought her........Price tag.....$2,800,000 won)

KSH.....How much is this? It's two thousand....

KJY.....Do you like it?

KSH.....It doesn't matter whether I like it or not. Return it.

KJY.....What?

KSH.....Are you crazy? It doesn't have gold or diamonds on it! Why is it so expensive? I don't have anywhere to wear this to! I can't wear this!......(Why is it I felt sorry for her in the beginning of this drama, but right now she's starting to get on my nerves!)

KJY.....Where are the scissors?

KSH.....Honey.

KJY.....Here they are.

KSH.....What are you going to do?

KJY.....I'm going to cut it up! Why?

KSH.....Do you know how much this cost? Are you crazy?

KJY.....Are you going to keep this up?

KSH.....You work so hard. I don't want you to be wasteful.......(This is exactly why Hee-sook told her that she was still nothing more than a country bumpkin. I understand about knowing the value of a dollar if you had to struggle to earn it, but how many years has she been married and still doesn't get it? This husband was allowed to come into her life to make up for the way she was treated by Yoo-il and Hee-sook. He takes her to fancy restaurants, he takes her to movies that are designed especially for couples, he tells her he loves her. What is her problem?)

KJY.....I can't stand to see you like this anymore!

KSH.....What?

KJY.....I can't stand to see you age! (untranslated)

KSH.....Everyone gets old. I'm not the only one.

KJY.....Give it to me! I'll cut it up!

KSH.....Okay, okay, I'll wear it. I don't deserve to wear this....But I have to say, it's awfully nice. What's the occasion? It's not my birthday or our anniversary.

KJY.....No special occasion. I just wanted to buy you something to show you how much I love you. I want to bribe you to go easy on Ji-hwan.

KSH.....What do you mean, go easy on him?

KJY.....If you decided to give up, give him your permission to marry Dan-bi.

KSH.....I'm not going to give him my permission.

KJY.....But just the other day you said you were going to give up.

KSH.....I blurted it out because I was upset. They could end up breaking up.

KJY.....They'll never break up. That won't happen.

YSP.....Sis! Jung-yong!

KJY.....What's wrong? Did something happen?

YSP.....It's over!

KSH.....What are you talking about? What's over?

YSP.....It's over between Ji-hwan and Dan-bi!

KJY.....What?

YSP.....I just saw them fighting! Ji-hwan and Dan-bi fought and broke up!

(As Mrs. Kang smiles to herself with joy, Ji-hwan is still standing alone on the stairs.)

(At the Seo home in the living room with the green eyed monster Hee-sook.)

SYI.....You've been drinking that tea for a while now.

SHS.....It's to relieve my stress.

SYI.....What are you stressed about this time?

SHS.....How did that woman get so lucky as to snatch a man like that?

SYI.....That woman?

SHS.....Your ex-wife. Her husband bought an expensive outfit for her. She can't do that outfit justice! That outfit doesn't suit her! Terrible! It's an insult to the designer.

SYI.....Oh.

SHS.....What's that in your hand?....(I got this right! It was blacked out in the morning episode.)

SYI.....This? I bought it for you. It's not expensive.......(Couldn't you at least wrap it up? I know you at least learned how to do that before her family became bankrupt! Hold on, if his wife is a country bumpkin, then what did that make him since they came from the same background?)

SHS.....It doesn't look expensive.....I mean, it doesn't look expensive, but it's pretty. Let me see it. How could he buy her such an expensive outfit?.....(Wow, steal a woman's husband and now you're pissed off because she's living better than you! UNBELIEVABLE!)

(The next day, Dan-bi has gone back to the hospital to set up an appointment for an abortion.)

SDB.....I....

REC.....Yes?

SDB.....I want to have an abortion.

(Later that evening, Dan-bi is back standing outside of Ji-hwan's office as Yim M-jin pulls up in her car again.)

REC's voice to Dan-bi.....You need someone to take you home. Come back with a guardian.

(Ji-hwan is in his office about to call Dan-bi as Yim Mi-jin comes in.)

KJW.....Leave.

YMJ.....Let's start over.

KJW.....What?

YMJ.....It took me three years to come back to you. I won't lose you again!

KJW.....Stop talking nonsense and go away! Disappear like you did last time or....! Go die somewhere.

YMJ.....I had cancer.

(Dan-bi is listening outside the door. Yim Mi-jin continues to tell Ji-hwan about why she left him.)

YMJ.....Please, don't look at me like that. I'm healthy now.

KJW.....What are you talking about?

YMJ.....I found out I had cancer before our engagement party. I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want to be a burden on you. I know that you wouldn't have broken up with me. That's why I ran away. I ran away for you. I hid from you. I should've forgotten you. But it was harder than dying. I couldn't stand it because I missed you so much. I regretted leaving you. I thought I should've asked you to save me, to stay with me. I thought I should've stayed with you even if it was only for a day. I wanted to live. I wanted to get better and see you again. You should've let me tell you this earlier. I didn't want to tell you like this.

KJW.....How sick....How sick were you?

YMJ.....How could you tell me to go and die? That hurts. See you.

(Mi-jin rushes out of the office as Ji-hwan runs after her, while Dan-bi is standing there and watches them. How the heck could he not see her? Why did the writers do that? There was no way for him to not see her standing right there!!!)

KJW.....Mi-jin!

(Dan-bi is now have a series of flashbacks as she stands there dumbfounded.)

KSH.....Listen carefully. Your family can't be of any help to my son's future. You're only going to hurt his career.

SYI.....I'm asking you for the first and last time. Break up with Ji-hwan.

SHS.....You can't marry him Dan-bi.

YMJ.....Let's start over.

(The tears start to fall from her eyes as she looks at the engagement ring that Ji-hwan had bought for her. She removes it from her finger.)

PREVIEW

(Yoo-hee and Dan-bi having in the dining room?)

YH......Where's your ring?

SDB.....We broke up.

(Ji-hwan and Mi-jin taping their wine glasses over dinner.....Okay, the writers can't fool me with what I may see. I may act stupid at times, but I won't fall for this one. This has to be Ji-hwan remembering his past with Mi-jin.)

YMJ's voice.....I was happy thinking about seeing you.

(Ji-hwan and Mi-jin at the campus library. They kiss between the bookcases.)

YSP's voice.....You broke up with Dan-bi because of her?

(Ji-hwan and Mi-jin on a bench together in front of a pond. Then Ji-hwan standing alone in his room looking out of the window.)

YSP's voice.....Are you going to get back with Mi-jin?

(Ji-hwan at the playground receiving a call on his cell.)

KJW.....Dan-bi?

(Dan-bi in the operating room as they prepare her for the abortion.......Now we all know that she's going to back out at the last minute....don't we?)

REC answering Dan-bi's cell.....Ms. Seo Dan-bi's in surgery.

KJW.....Surgery?

REC.....She's having an abortion.

(Ji-hwan still at the park.)

KJW....What?

(Ji-hwan sees Dan-bi as she's walking through the playground)

KJW.....Seo Dan-bi!

SDB.....I was coming to see you.

(SLAP)

KJW.....You killed ouir baby!

(Dan-bi grabs his hand)

SDB.....Listen to me.

KJW.....Don't ever show your face to me again!

Guest lostcauz

umm couldnt help but say this -man slapping a woman whats up with these dramas lately, then i guess the writers are trying to change it up instead of having a man yelling at a woman but slapping is still hitting, why not shake the woman like a pepper shaker, lol nah just kidding-

Archived