[drama 2008] Innocent You 순결한 당신

Guest huangsy

Guest IloveFall

semi-fly, can you give us a brief spoiler as to what is happening in the episodes you're posting? This drama is moving so slow and I want to know what happens!

I just don't understand how this is the whole "secret." I mean, yeah it sucks that their children want to get married but either make them break up or get over it. And this is a very common plot that we've seen in sooooo many other dramas -the parents forbidding the marriage of their children because of past history/infidelities/betrayals.

How are they going to drag this out into a 100+ drama??!!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bijan630

12:22 PM 5/5/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 11

Kang Family

Dr. Kang Ji-hwan.....Seo Dan-bi's fiancee

President Kang Jung-yong.....Ji-hwan's father

Kang Soon-hee......Ji-hwan's mother

Yoon Soon-pil.....Ji-hwan's Uncle and his mother's brother

Director Kang Eun-hwan.....Ji-hwan's brother

Kang Soo-ah.....Kang Eun-hwan's wife and Ji-hwan's sister-in-law

Seo Family

Seo Dan-bi....Ji-hwan's girlfriend/fiancee

Mr. Seo Yoo-il.....Dan-bi's father

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook .....Dan-bi's mother

Yoo-hee.....Dan-bi's Aunt/her father's sister/Uncle Soon-pil's first love

Opening scene with Seo Dan-bi, Ji-hwan, and Mr. Seo in the playground.

KJW.....I have something to tell you.

SYI.....I don't want to hear anything from you.

KJW.....Father.

SYI to SDB.....Come on.

KJW.....Wait a minute Father.

(He shoves KJW to the ground)

SDB.....Dad!

SYI.....I'm not your Father! Don't you dare call me that! I asked you not to make my daughter cry. But you ripped her heart apart and your not even married yet! How dare your mother put my daughter down just because she's a hairstylist and I'm a security guard! She knew that from the beginning! Now she claims Dan-bi's not good enough? I don't want Dan-bi to marry into such a shallow, and pretentious family! I won't ever allow her to marry you even if you were the richest man in the world!

(Ji-hwan gets down on his knees)

KJW.....I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. Let me apologize on my mother's behalf.

SYI.....Go.

KJW.....Give me some time, please. I'll get my mother's permission. I'll make sure that I keep my promise. I'll protect Dan-bi no matter what! (one more line not translated)

SYI.....There's no need for that! The fact that the fortune tellers said you and your mom would die if Dan-bi married you meant that she'd go crazy before you and your mom die. She'll be blamed for any tragedy that happens to your family!

SHS.....Honey, what's going on?

SDB.....Mom.

SHS.....What did I just hear? What did I.....What's going on?

Kang Ji-hwan is now in a bar getting drunk as the owner sits and watches.

KJW.....Pour me another.

We're now at the Kang house and Ji-hwan has come home drunk. Mrs. Kang and Soon-pil are in the living room as he enters.

YSP.....Why are you home so late? You mother's been worried.

KSH.....You drank a lot.

KJW.....Yes. Did you have to do that? Did you have to humiliate Dan-bi like that?

KSH.....It'll be easier for her to give up.

KJW.....No. I miss Dan-bi like crazy! How can I forget her when I can't live without her?

KSH.....Ji-hwan.

KJW.....I"m going to my room.

YSP.....I'll go talk to him.

Ji-hwan and Soon-pil are now in his room.

YSP.....Must you do this? Do you want your mom to collapse again? Your mom raised you with so much love and care. She's been a very good mother to you. So how could she let you marry Dan-bi knowing you'd end up dying because of her bad karma? And your mom never liked Dan-bi to begin with.

KJW.....She didn't have to be so cruel. Everyone was there including Eun-hwan and Soo-ah. Did mom have to humiliate Dan-bi in front of everyone when she came to wish her a happy birthday?

YSP.....Think about how your mom must've felt.

KJW.....I feel so bad for Dan-bi. I feel so sorry for her that I can't even look at her. And now her parents know about it.

YSP.....They do?

Soo-ah and Eun-hwan are in their bedroom.

KSA on cell.....Dan-bi, pick up.

KEH.....She's not answering?

KSA.....No. She must've been so humiliated. I don't understand mother.

KEH.....I understand her.

KSA.....What?

KEH.....What would you do if our son brought a girl he wants to marry but you found out she had bad karma that would end up killing him?

KSA.....I's still let them get married....

KEH.....No, you wouldn't. Be truthful. She should've never gone to see fortune tellers.

Back with Ji-hwan and Soon-pil.

KJW.....Everything's so messed up. It's gotten more complicated.

YSP.....So make a clean break and start over. There are so many women in this world.

KJW.....There's only one Dan-bi. Uncle, be on my side. I can't give up on Dan-bi.

YSP.....She's going to quit her job at my salon.

KJW.....Uncle!

YSP.....How could I let her work for me after what happened? I'm sorry.

In the kitchen with Mrs. Kang and Soon-pil.

KSH.....How's he doing?

YSP.....He's devastated. This must be very hard on him since he loves her so much.

KSH.....Will he break up with her?

YSP.....It may be hard, but he will. He loves you very much. I'm sure he'll eventually break up with her.

KSH.....Can you take this honey water to him?

YSP.....Okay.

KSH.....How much did he drink?

YSP.....Dan-bi's parents found out. I guess Jung-yong told them.

KSH.....No, he didn't.

YSP.....Then?

KSH.....It was me.

YSP.....You met that jerk again?

KSH.....I asked him to make sure Ji-hwan ends up despising him and his family. What?

YSP.....If you have to talk to him again, let me see him. Don't ever see him again.

KSH.....Soon-pil!

YSP.....I don't want you to have feelings for him again!

KSH.....How could you even think that?

YSP.....I trust you, but humans have a tendency to forget. Its human nature to feel pity for someone we once loved when they're down and out.

KSH.....Don't say that.

YSP.....What?

KSH.....I begged him to come back to me back then.

YSP.....I know.

KSH.....I pleaded with him to come back for the sake of the child that I was carrying. He left without even saying he was sorry. So I slit my wrists! How could I forget what he did to me?

YSP.....I know. I take it back. I'm sorry. I was thoughtless. Sis, don't cry. I'm sorry. I hate it when you cry. Sis, don't cry. Sis, please don't cry. Don't cry.

We've gone to the Seo home where Mr. and Mrs. Seo are outside of Dan-bi's door trying to get her to unlock it.

SHS.....Come out here!

SYI.....Leave her alone.

SHS.....Let go of me! What did that woman say to you? Come out here! Tell me what Ji-hwan's mother said to you!

SYI.....Lets' give her time to think.

SHS.....I'm so mad!

Dan-bi is sitting on the floor an just starts to cry. Then next morning, Mr. Kang, Mrs. Kang and Dan-bi are in the living room.

SHS.....What? Tell me everything she said! Tell me exactly what she said to you!

SYI.....Calm down!

SHS.....Go on.

SDB.....Fortune tellers told her that my bad karma would end up killing her and Ji-hwan.

SHS.....And?

SDB.....She said she never liked me to begin with. She said she never liked my job and the fact that I'm not from a good family. Now that she learned I have bad karma, she really doesn't want me to be her daughter-in-law.

SHS.....And what else?

SDB.....Mom...

SHS.....AND WHAT ELSE!

SYI.....That's enough.

SHS.....No, I have to hear everything.

SYI.....You and Dan-bi will only be more upset.

SYI to SDB.....I want to talk to you outside.

SHS.....Where are you going? I'm not finished!

Mr. Kang and Dan-bi are now sitting on the swings in the playground.

SYI.....Dan-bi.

SDB.....I don't know anything anymore. I can't hang on to Ji-hwan, but I can't let him go either. I feel like I'm sinking deeper and deeper. I can't control my feelings or my body.

SYI.....Dan-bi, just this once, go along with me. I'm begging you, please go along with me. Break up with Ji-hwan. It's not because his mother disapproves of you. Even if you were get married, you two wouldn't be happy. His mother will despise you. It hurts me to think about the pain you'll suffer. I'm begging you. Break up with Ji-hwan.

Dan-bi has just arrived at the hair salon.

SDB.....Good morning.

EMP.....Dan-bi. Hi.

SDB.....Good morning.

EMP.....Are you really quitting?

SDB.....What?

Emp nods towards the room where Soon-pil is interviewing a hair dresser to replace Dan-bi.

YSP to applicant.....That's right. We want artistic styles....

EMP.....She's the second one he's interviewing. Are you going somewhere?

SDB.....I'll tell you later. I have a lot of appointments today.

(Dan-bi walks off and heads upstairs.)

Meanwhile, Kang Ji-hwan is in his office trying to call her.

KJW on cell.....Your call has been forwarded to....Please leave a message....It's me. Did you sleep well? Did you eat? I miss you.

Dan-bi in the hair salon listening to his message.

KJW's voice.....I miss you, Dan-bi.

recording.....To delete, press.....

Yoo-hee has just arrived at the Seo home.

YH......Is everything all right?

SHS.....How can it be when I have a ticking time bomb like you nearby?

YH......I was pretty drunk yesterday. What did I say?

SHS.....The same thing you've been saying for the last ten years, about how you deserve our sympathy.

YH......Again?

SHS.....And you said your life was in shambles because you never went to college, and that it was all Yoo-il's fault.

YH......Why do I always say the same thing? I'm tired of saying it. What else did I say?

SHS.....You asked what the big deal was about Yoo-il running into his ex-wife.

YH......(Here we go with the lip smacking again) I need to have my mouth sewn up somewhere. (does it again)

SHS.....So how could I not call you a "ticking time bomb"?

YH......I'm sorry. I'll be more careful.

SHS.....It's not all your fault. The fact that Soon-hee is Ji-hwan's mother is the problem. How could something like this happen?

YH......This was all expected.

SHS.....What are you talking about?

YH......If you keep farting, you'll have to go to the bathroom eventually. Do you remember seeing those women at the department store last time? It was a wife and a mistress fighting. You got so nervous when you saw them. That was the first sign of things to come. Then you said Soon-hee appeared in your dream. That's not all. You broke a glass at the restaurant! They were all bad signs of things to come. Isn't Ji-hwan's family against him marrying Dan-bi?

SHS.....You won't believe what they're saying now! I'm so upset just thinking about it.

YH......What? What are they saying?

SHS.....Soon-hee is claiming that Dan-bi has bad karma that's going to end up killing Ji-hwan.

YH......What? Why did she make up such a ridiculous lie? How did you find out?

SHS.....Your brother told me.

YH......What?

SHS.....How did he find that out?

YH......Maybe Dan-bi told him.

SHS.....No. He knew before she told him. Don't tell me he saw Soon-hee.

YH......What? No! They wouldn't have met.....

Now we're at the Kang home as Mr. Kang is coming home from work.

KJY.....Where's Ji-hwan?

KSH.....He's not home yet.

KJY.....I don't believe in fortune tellers or psychics. But why don't you go see a different one?

KSH.....All of the fortune tellers I went to said the same thing. Even if someone says something different, I just can't forget what I heard.

KJY.....I'm really fond of Dan-bi's dad. He's like a brother.

KSH.....No, he's not! You tend to like people way too fast. You don't know what kind of man he is.

KJY.....I've met a lot of people. I haven't known him for too long, but I really like him. He's a really good man. (Another line not translated)

KSH to self.....You don't know who he is! He's my ex-husband! Is that all right with you?

The day is done and the employees are all leaving the hair salon. Dan-bi has just gotten off of the bus when the rain starts to fall, while Ji-hwan was standing there waiting for her. He silently walks behind her even though he's getting soak and wet.

SDB.....Go. It's raining. Go.

KJW.....I missed you. It's only been one day. (not translated) But it felt like ten years! I missed you.....I missed you so much Dan-bi!

SDB.....Don't say stupid things like that. Go. Please go! I don't want you standing here in the rain! Go! Let go! You're going to end up dying if you marry me. What if that really happens?

KJW.....I'm not afraid because I don't believe in fortune tellers. Even if it's true, I don't care. Breaking up with you would be the end of my life. What I'm really afraid of is that you'll leave me. I don't want to live without you! I won't ever let you go! So don't let go of me! Don't be afraid! Seo Dan-bi!

SDB.....This is so hard!

KJW.....Dan-bi!

SDB.....I was confident before. I was confident that I'd be a good wife to you. But I can't ignore the fact that fortune tellers said you'd die because of me! I'm afraid of that happening! I'm afraid that there's a possibility of you dying because of me! If they said I'd die...

KJW.....So what would you have done if they said you'd die if you married me? Would you have said no to my proposal and run? See! That's not going to break us up! I won't back down! (not translated) We'll show them by living happily! (not translated) So stop being so weak!

SDB.....This is so nuts.....You won't die, will you? You'll live a longer life than me, won't you? You can't die because of me!

(Dan-bi starts to cry and Ji-hwan runs and grabs her)

SDB.....You have to live longer than me, okay?

Ji-hwan finally arrives at his house and everyone's seated in the living room.

YSP.....Why are you so late?

KEH.....Ji-hwan!

KSH.....You're soaking wet! You're going to catch a cold.

KJW.....I have something to tell you. I'm not going to go against your wishes and marry Dan-bi.

KSH.....Ji-hwan.

YSP.....I knew you'd come around. Sis, I told you he wouldn't do that to you.

KJW.....I'm not finished. Instead.....

PREVIEW

At the Seo home in the living room.

SDB.....I can't break up with Ji-hwan.

SHS.....I can't believe this!

SDB.....I'll be good to Ji-hwan's mom so she'll approve of me.

SHS.....You're being crazy!

At the guard house.

KJY.....You shouldn't be against them getting married.

SYI.....I'm against it for my daughter's sake.

In Ji-hwan's bedroom

KSH.....I don't want you to be involved in this tragic twist of fate.

Ji-hwan at home trying to speak to Mrs. Seo on the phone.

KJW.....Please let me talk to you.

SHS.....Dan-bi's sick because of you!

Dan-bi in her bed with a fever and a wet towel on her forehead.

SHS.....Please get out of Dan-bi's life.

Ji-hwan running to the Seo house and he's outside of the door.

KJW.....I'll see Dan-bi for just a second. Please open the door!

Guest IloveFall

With dramas like this it's common practice to drag out certain elements of the story so they ensure a steady viewership among certain age groups. I'll see what I can pull together for a brief synopsis of certain episodes.

Thanks!

I know they need to drag it out since it's a daily drama but I don't understand why they would reveal "the" secret in the very first episodes. It's not even an original secret at that! How can they build up the drama and suspense with a lame secret like that?! That's why I wanted some spoilers. I'm hoping that there's something MORE to the story than just the in-laws being married/together in the past.

That's been played out in so many other dramas that I can't believe they would make the big twist/plot device in this one. Boring! <_<

Thanks!

I know they need to drag it out since it's a daily drama but I don't understand why they would reveal "the" secret in the very first episodes. It's not even an original secret at that! How can they build up the drama and suspense with a lame secret like that?! That's why I wanted some spoilers. I'm hoping that there's something MORE to the story than just the in-laws being married/together in the past.

That's been played out in so many other dramas that I can't believe they would make the big twist/plot device in this one. Boring! <_<

I'm with you IloveFall. I can't figure out if this is worth my time. Is there anything to look forward to?

I'm timing episodes out of order at the moment. I'll start working on earlier episodes later this week. As always comments are appreciated.

DO NOT HARDSUB & UPLOAD THESE SUBS!

SUBS CREDITS:

EPISODE 009 - Ental

Transcriber: Bijan630

Timer: semi-fly

DO NOT HARDSUB & UPLOAD THESE SUBS!

SUBS CREDITS:

EPISODE 010 - Ental

Transcriber: Bijan630

Timer: semi-fly

Thank you Bijan630 and semi-fly for the subtitles .

Don't forget to also upload to d-addict so the larger drama community can have access to you all hard work.

Thanks!

Are there any LQ files for this series?

Guest Bijan630

12:20 PM 5/6/2009

Innocent You/Purity

EPISODE 12

Kang Family

Dr. Kang Ji-hwan.....Seo Dan-bi's fiancee

President Kang Jung-yong.....Ji-hwan's father

Kang Soon-hee......Ji-hwan's mother

Yoon Soon-pil.....Ji-hwan's Uncle and his mother's brother

Director Kang Eun-hwan.....Ji-hwan's brother

Kang Soo-ah.....Kang Eun-hwan's wife and Ji-hwan's sister-in-law

Seo Family

Seo Dan-bi....Ji-hwan's girlfriend/fiancee

Mr. Seo Yoo-il.....Dan-bi's father

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook .....Dan-bi's mother

Yoo-hee.....Dan-bi's Aunt/her father's sister/Uncle Soon-pil's first love

Opening scene in the living room with the Kang family as Ji-hwan tells the family he won't separate from Dan-bi.

KJW.....I'm not going to go against your wishes and marry Dan-bi.

KSH.....Ji-hwan.

YSP.....I knew you'd come around. Sis, I told you he wouldn't do that to you.

KJW.....I'm not finished. Instead.....I'll wait.

KSH.....What?

KJW.....I'll wait until you change your mind even if it takes ten years. I want to get married with you blessing. So, Dan-bi and I will wait until you change your mind, Mom.

KSH.....What if I don't change my mind in ten years?

KJW.....Dan-bi and I won't even last for ten years if what fortune tellers said is true. But if she and I still love each other ten years later, please give us your blessing.

KSH.....What?

KJW.....This is the best I can do.

KSH.....This is the decision you came to? You think this makes any sense? You'll wait for me to change my mind even if it means waiting for ten years?

KJY.....That's not impossible.

KSH.....Honey!

KJY.....It's not as if he's saying he's going to marry her without your permission. He's giving you time to think.

KSH.....But....

KJY.....They could break up before you change your mind. And if they're still together after many years, you can let them get married. It's not nonsense.

YSP.....Soon-hee won't change her mind. Ji-hwan's going to be old....

KJY.....That's what he's decided, so he'll suffer the consequences. Honey, you should give in. Remember, I even took sleeping pills to marry you.

The camera now takes us to the Seo living room with Mr. and Mrs. Seo.

SYI.....I'm home. What's wrong?

SHS.....When did you meet that woman? How many times and where did you see her?

SYI.....What are you talking about?

SHS.....Your ex-wife. Tell me the truth. Now!

SYI.....Who said I saw her? I didn't see her.

SHS.....You didn't see her?

SYI.....Why would I? You're being silly.

SHS.....Really?

SYI.....No, I didn't see her. Why did she say I saw her?

SHS.....Then how did you know the reason she's against Dan-bi marrying Ji-hwan?

SYI.....Well.....Ji-hwan's dad told me.

SHS.....Ji-hwan's dad told you? When did he tell you? You do see him at work. I forgot about that. I'm sorry honey.

SYI.....You shouldn't accuse me like that. Did you eat dinner?

SHS.....I didn't even drink water because I thought you saw your ex-wife behind my back.

SYI.....You worried about nothing. Do you still get jealous? Am I still that attractive to you?

SHS.....Of course. Until the day I die....

SYI.....I'm nothing special. People think I'm the CEO of a company instead of a security guard.

SHS.....I don't need money or power. All I need is your love. You're a very nice man. You stayed with me even when my dad's company went bankrupt and we ended up in debt. You could've gone back to your ex-wife, but you stayed with me. I love you for that.

Mr. Seo is now alone in the bathroom looking in the mirror.

SYI to self.....I hurt one woman. I couldn't hurt another. I was despicable to one woman while I was a hero to another.

SHS.....What happened?

Dan-bi has just come home, so we're back in the living room.

SYI.....Why did you get so wet? Take your clothes off! You're going to get sick.

SDB.....Dad...I'm begging you. I never went against you and Mom before. But please, just this once, let me do what I want. I can't break up with Ji-hwan.

SHS.....Don't you have any pride? Don't you?

SDB.....Mom.

SHS.....Hey, you should tell them off! But you....

SDB.....I'm sorry Mom. Im sorry Dad. Ji-hwan and I want to wait until his mom changes her mind.

SHS.....I can't believe this! Let's have some pride. If you don't want to see me die, break up with him.

(Dan-bi goes down on her knees)

SDB.....I'm sorry, I know why you're against it. I know that you're only worried about the pain I might suffer. But telling me to break up with Ji-hwan, is like telling me to die. Mom, please go along with me this one time.

SYI.....Be quiet. No matter what you say, we're not going to let you marry Ji-hwan.

SDB.....We'll wait. Ji-hwan's going to wait until you change your mind. And I'll be good to Ji-hwan's mom so she'll approve of me.

SHS.....That woman's never going to approve of you. That's laughable!

SDB.....Wait and see. She'll approve of me. So Ji-hwan and I will wait.

SHS.....You're being crazy! Okay, wait! Wait forever! You'll die waiting!

SYI.....That's enough! (Is this going to be his most powerful line for 100+ episodes?) Okay, do whatever you want...but you're never going to see me again. Honey, help her change. She's going to catch a cold.

Meanwhile, at the Kang house in Ji-hwan's bedroom with Mrs. Kang.

KSH to self.....Don't do this Ji-hwan. I don't want you to be involved in this terrible twist of fate. Do you know who Dan-bi's parents are? I know you love Dan-bi, but we'll all be hurt if you marry her.

At the Seo home, Mr. and Mrs. Seo are now in Dan-bi's room.

SYI.....Honey, you should go to bed.

SHS.....She still has a fever.

SYI.....She'll feel better in the morning. Go to bed.

SHS.....Okay.

SYI to self.....Please, let me be hit by lightning. Let them throw stones at me. Just spare my daughter from this tragic twist of fate. Please....(Why not turn this into a horror story and have all the guilty parties be spirits seeking revenge on one another. They all act as if they're dead, so they might as well be!)

The next morning at Kang home at the breakfast table.

KEH.....Ji-hwan's not home. His bag's not here either.

KJY.....He went to work without telling us?

YSP.....He probably didn't want to see us.

KSH.....So he left without eating breakfast? He was coughing last night.

KJY.....We're missing one more.

KEH.....Soo-ah had to go somewhere.

KJY.....Okay. Let's eat.

KSH.....I can't eat.

KJY.....You should eat.

KSH.....How could a mother eat when her son didn't even eat?

KJY.....Then what about me? Let's eat.

We've been taken to the OB/GYN's office with Kang Soo-ah.

DR......Neither you nor your husband has any problems.

KSA.....Then why?

DR......Some couples just can't conceive. There's no reason. I can see from your chart that you've tried different options.

KSA.....Yes.

Kang Soo-ah is outside of the office now

Dr's voice.....Let's try in-vitro as a last option.

Moving right along, we're now at the hair salon.

Emp.....Hi Mr. Yoon.

YSP.....Oh, where's Dan-bi? We have a wedding to do at three o'clock.

Emp.....Dan-bi's not here yet.

YSP.....She's not? She doesn't care anymore since she's quitting, is that it? Okay.

Getting dizzy here, to the Seo home in Dan-bi's bedroom.

YH......Yoo-il.

SYI.....Hi.

YH......I'll stay.

SYI.....But...

YH......I'm off today.

SYI.....Thank you.

YH......Where's Hee-sook?

SYI.....She stayed up all night with Dan-bi and just fell asleep. Take Dan-bi to the hospital.

YH......Don't worry.

YH to SDB.....Why did you have to fall in love with Soon-hee's son of all men?

SDB.....Aunt.

YH......You're awake?

SDB.....What time is it?

YH......It's almost nine o'clock.

SDB.....I have a lot of appointments today.

YH......You can't go to work in your condition. I'll call your work.

SDB.....I feel like someone beat me up. It hurts Aunt.

YH......I know. Poor girl.

(cell phone)

YH......Hello?

To the salon

YSP on cell.....May I speak with Dan-bi?

YH......Dan-bi's very sick right now. Who's calling?

YSP.....May I ask who you are?

YH......I'm Dan-bi's Aunt.

To Dan-bi's bedroom.

YH to self.....What a stupid jerk!

Back to the salon.

YSP to self.....Why did she have to answer Dan-bi's phone?

(flashback to Yoo-hee sitting in front of him at the coffee shop....he then gets shivers up his spine)

YSP to self.....How did you let yourself go like that? I had no idea and kept you in my heart all of these years. I'm an idiot! I'm a stupid idiot! First love my eye. Maybe her husband's not good to her...

Seo living room with Yoo-hee and Hee-sook.

SHS.....Yoo-hee! Yoo-hee!

YH......Good morning.

SHS.....When did you come?

YH......I didn't come to see you. Yoo-il called me. Dan-bi's almost 30, but he couldn't go to work knowing she's sick. He asked me to come and stay with her. I felt sorry for him.

SHS.....He didn't have to ask you to come. I can watch her.

YH......But you stayed up all night watching her.

SHS.....How's Dan-bi doing?

YH......She has a bad cold. She doesn't want to go to the hospital. What she needs is lots of rest. I should go now.

SHS.....You should stay for lunch.

YH......I have a lot to do today. I have to go grocery shopping.

SHS.....What's the occasion?

YH......Today's the day that my ex-husband died...Take care of Dan-bi. I feel sorry for that poor girl. Bye.

SHS.....Bye.

Sigh....Dan-bi's bedroom again.......and please hang in there for these next lines

SHS to self.....This is so upsetting.

(cell phone)

Mrs. Seo takes Dan-bi's phone into the living room.

SHS.....Hello?

Ji-hwan's office.

KJW.....Mother? It's Kang Ji-hwan. Hello?

Seo living room

SHS.....Say it.

Ji-hwan's office.

KJW.....I know you don't want to see me. But I want to tell you what I plan to do. Can I come over tonight?

SHS.....No thank you. I don't want to hear it.

KJW.....Please let me talk to you.

Seo living room.

SHS.....No! Dan-bi's sick because of you!

Ji-hwan's office.

KJW.....Dan-bi's sick? Mother.

Seo living room.

SHS.....While you push ahead with your hopeless plan, Dan-bi's getting hurt in the process! She's already sick and she's not even married. I can imagine the pain she'll suffer if she marries you. Please, get out of Dan-bi's life for her sake and for our family's sake.

Ji-hwan!....the winner, of getting the final scene as he grabs his jacket and runs out of his office!

Nurse.....Doctor!

THE GUARD HOUSE!.....Sheesh that last scene set up nearly killed me. It was worse than watching a tennis match!

(knock)

KJY.....Would you like to go out for some coffee?

SYI.....No, let's just talk here.

KJY.....I wanted to talk to you but....You probably know that my wife disapproves of Dan-bi.

SYI.....Yes.

KJY.....I don't know what to say since I'm the one who told you that I cared about the person and not her background. I'm sorry.

SYI.....You shouldn't apologize since you're not the one who disapproves.

KJY.....Dan-bi's background isn't the only reason my wife disapproves of her. It's hard for her to ignore what fortune tellers said since it's just not very pleasant. I know it's silly....

SYI.....I understand.

KJY.....The kids are going to wait until my wife changes her mind. I know my wife will give in sooner or later. She's a very soft-hearted person. I know she'll give in. So let's wait for her to give in. You shouldn't be against them getting married. Okay Brother?

SYI.....I can't go along with you. Even if you're wife changes her mind, she won't be fond of Dan-bi. I can imagine how she'll treat Dan-bi if she marries into your family. Your wife will blame Dan-bi for anything unpleasant that happens in your family. I'm against this marriage for my daughter's sake.

Ji-hwan is now running down the street to the Seo home. He's banging on the door, but Mrs. Seo won't let him in. Mr. Seo is behind him on the steps and just listens.

JHW.....Mother, please, open the door. How seriously sick is Dan-bi? Mother, just let me see her for five minutes! Mother, I'll see Dan-bi for just a second. Please open the door! Please Mother. I'll leave after I see her. Please tell me how Dan-bi's doing? I'll leave if you tell me she's okay. Mother!

Mr. Seo then remembers what Mrs. Kang said to him.

KSH's voice.....It's not going to work if I'm the only one being mean to Dan-bi. Please make Ji-hwan despise your family.

KJW.....Mother! I'll see Dan-bi for just a second. Please open the door!

Mr. Seo goes back downstairs un-noticed by Ji-hwan. He then calls the police on him.

SYI.....Police station?

Mrs. Kang arrives at the Police station and inside....

KSH.....Ji-hwan! What happened?

OFF.....He's being accused of being a stalker.

OFF 2.....He was disturbing the peace. I see that he's a doctor. He shouldn't be stalking women.

KSH.....Is he going to be charged?

OFF.....We're goign to release him based on the fact that he has no previous record and that he and the woman were in a relationship. You may take him home.

Mrs. Kan is now dragging Ji-hwan up the steps to their house.

KSH.....This is it! No more! You have to break up with her!

KJW.....I can't do that. I can't break up with Dan-bi. Mom, there's been some kind of misunderstanding.

(SLAP)

KSH.....Don't disappoint me any more than you already have. They tried to put you in jail! You want to be in-laws with them? Do you?

KJW.....I'll wait until you change your mind. I'll wait until Dan-bi's parents accept me.

PREVIEW

Yoon Soon-pil is seated at a coffee shop.

YSP.....I'm meeting a blind date today.

Yoon Soon-pil is sitting in his car when he looks up the street and sees Yoo-hee with a child getting salt thrown on them

YSP to self.....That's Yoo-hee.

Woman.....How dare you come here!

Yoo-hee is holding her child on her knees crying.

Yoon Soon-pil is at a bar drinking with Jung-yong.

YSP.....What a tragic twist of fate this is!

KJY.....What are you talking about?

At the Kang home, Ji-hwan has passed out onto the floor

KSH.....Ji-hwan!

Dan-bi is now running down the street to the Kang house. Mrs. Kang and Soon-pil are watching her on the intercom as she's begging to come in.

SDB.....Please open the door. Please let me see Ji-hwan.

It's later that evening and Mrs. Kang comes out of the house to yell, grab, and shake Dan-bi

KSH.....Do you want Ji-hwan to die? Go away! Get out of his life!

Guest mekka

Hello All!

Seeing that this drama is just begining to show in New York, I can see a few twist and turns, why did Danbi's father loose the company, if he did help soo many other small companies? I see blackmail down the road between Danbi and fiancee, the motor mouth Aunt, who is her daughter daddy, is the brother of SH really the brother or Danbi's father son. Another storyline to consider the brother, its clear to see he is somewhat on the femine side, this to explore.

In an earlier post, I asked that same question that Semifly, Gerryg and Ilovefall querried. These weekly dramas has to cresendo, the ground works are being staged, I like this drama lets give it some time. Yes, it starting off a bit slow and has some weak points but it can be a Daughter in law ish?

Guest Bijan630

Hi everyone,

I've got a minute here, so, semi-fly, I will take this to the end since I started it. This is an older drama that has non of the present day Korean hunks in it. That would be the only reason why some people may not be drawn to it. I love watching ALL k-dramas, but am realizing the modern day ones that are being written are going for excitement rather than substance.

The older dramas let me see and learn about how some of the actors and actresses started out. It also lets me see if they are stuck in a type-cast role, or have grown to the point of making me cry. Yes, I'm a hanky-person, and if you're acting is that good, that believable, to bring me to tears, you've reached the ultimate goal on stage, screen, television, or whatever, and get my hanky award. What is my hanky award? Me sitting in front of my computer or television blubbering away like an idiot at a program that's totally fiction.

Even though I am still learning the names of the actors and actresses in k-dramas, just by their faces alone, I now know what to expect or rather not expect from their performance.

Now, for this drama Innocent You, the actress that plays Soon-hee, my first time seeing her was playing in was it "Forbidden Love", (forgive me, I'm bad with names and titles also). She was the leader in a vampire/secret race of people cult.

The actress that plays Hee-sook is always playing a married woman who's either stole a man, stole money, or has stolen both.

The actor playing Jung-yong.....is always a bit nutty and we can watch him in, "The Return of Iljimae II". He's smart, but still silly.

The actor playing Ji-hwan played a baddie in the historical drama, "The King and I". I really hated him in that one.

Today, we'll be 12 episodes in and the writers had better do something more than, "OOOHHHHHH, I love you, I'm doing this for your own good, I have to protect you from this horrible twist of fate, crap"! My fingers won't stand for it!

I'm hoping that the big-mouth Aunt Yoo-hee has a more interesting story since they only let her keep dropping the same hint over and over again about her baby never seeing her father's face. Also, do the writers have a side storyline about the romance between Soon-pil and Yoo-hee worth talking about? Does he really have to give the impression of being gay to be a successful hairstylist?

Hey, wait a minute! During this time period in the drama, and the year it was made, what is the Korean viewpoint of Gay's? How is this acceptable in society and culture, yet divorce still depicted as a death sentence? Ahhhh......this has my brain bubbling right now. You can be a successful Gay Male hairstylist, but divorce is the number one sin! Can anyone explain this one to me?

Now, is it just me, or do families spend 10, 20, 30 years only talking about what happened during one year of their lives? How do you go to work everyday, meet new people, new co-workers, and come home to only have the same discussion of something that happened years ago? K-dramas's, you have to love them.

Oh, how much longer do we have to wait until Dan-bi finds out that she's really preggers and that the pee-stick, I mean pregnancy test was in-accurate? Will Mrs. Kang then become the mean mother-in-law from hell towards her eldest daughter-in-law? What will both Soo-ah and Eun-hwan do out of jealousy towards Ji-hwan and Dan-bi?

I don't see Eun-hwan as a trustworthy person and why can't Soo-ah just admit to the family that her dear hubby just isn't sleeping with her physically? What he won't admit is that he doesn't want any kids, and, he's a womanizer (this part hasn't been proven except for a few comments he's made as a "joke" to Ji-hwan. But I see this coming along down the line as part of his personality).

Okay, this is my drama that I worked on. Short and simple....to the point.......

son.....Mother, please, let me marry the woman that I love. I've been a faithful son to you my entire life. Please grant me this one wish. I beg of you. She's the only person who can make me happy in life.

mother.....I've told you already, it will have to be over my dead body. She was never good enough for you and we have uphold our family blood line, our heritage, our wealth. She will never be able to become the head of this family and continue our line.

son......But Mother, without her I'll die.

mother.......Sigh.....Okay. The wise elders of our ancient glorious history have already written it in stone. "No parent can go against there child". Bring this woman to me, I must talk with her.

woman......Yes mother, I understand you wanted to talk to me.

mother......Cough, cough,.....achoo!.....sniffle.....Well, against my wishes, my son fell in love with you. I never felt you were good enough for my precious child, but I've decided to agree to your marriage. You have a great responsiblity to carry on the family blood line and produce a male heir on your wedding night or else you will be kicked out of the family and the marriage shall be annuled.

woman.....Yes mother, thank you mother, I love you mother.

mother to son.....Forget about the ceremony......go straight to bed now and produce an heir.

son.....Yes mother.

Woman/wife......Ya-bo!....what's wrong?

Son/husband......We've waited so long for this night......and "IT" no longer works

son.....in his 80's woman.....in her 70's mother.....one foot in the grave.

Guest mekka

Hello Bijan630! Thank for the assurance to the others, this drama is not that old it started in Korean December of 2008 and ended in February of 2009 with very good ratings. This drama was filmed with a more grainer, old school style, thou there is no hunks in it, it's very inviting, Bijan630, I agree with you in regards to a "hanky drama" I love when I can feel the emotions, emoting from the other actors, that sometimes bring me to tears.

All the actors in this drama is very good, they may not be hunky but good acting, Danbi's mum Kim Hee Sook has stared in many a dramas and has one of the best spoken voices in Korea, her diction is on spot.

Semi-fly and others give this drama a chance to grow legs. :D

Archived