[drama 2008] Innocent You 순결한 당신

Guest huangsy

Guest Bijan630

Here's yesterday's episode....

noomma, thank you for filling in the blank concerning the bedroom scene with Yoo-hee and her mother. I had gotten the gist of what was being said, but just didn't want to put an incorrect translation in there. The dictionary I have doesn't help much either when I try to pick up the words being spoken.

Also, I remember Dan-bi's words to her husband where she stated, that even if her mother committed murder, she was still her mother. Even though Dan-bi is doing the right thing by standing by her mother's side, she's also enabling her in her actions. When she found out her father-in-law had locked her mother up in that institution, because she's an alcoholic, she should have told her mother that she wouldn't see her again in life if she didn't stay there for treatment. Of course, we couldn't have that type of plot because the drama wouldn't have been able to move forward without the demon.

All of this has become frustrating, and even though the writers exposed the 10 year affair, and the insurance money being left to the mistress, none of this is worth it until the demon apologizes to Soon-hee for everything she's done. I hate to say this, but I have more respect for Min-ju's character than I do for the demon. At least before removing her from the drama, she got down on her knees to apologize to Mrs. Kang.

Yoo-hee, today, showed what a hypocrite she is, but she stayed true to form. When her brother turned his back on Soon-hee for the demon, she knew it was wrong, but she also thought about the wealth that might have been shared with her if she accepted her brother's mistress. Here it is, she's facing the same situation again, and was willing to go and stay with her brother's latest mistress because she inherited wealth from her brother.

Between Dan-bi's scene, and now Yoo-hee's, the writer's have finally pushed me off the cliff.

Innocent You

EPISODE 114

Friday September 25, 2009

Seo Family

Seo Dan-bi.....Kang Ji-hwan's fiancee

Mr. Seo Yoo-il.....Dan-bi's father/Yoon Soon-hee's ex-husband

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook/Kim Hee-sook.....Dan-bi's mother/broke up marriage between Soon-hee and Yoo-il

Seo Yoo-hee.....Yoo-il's sister/Dan-bi's Aunt/Yoon Soon-pil's first love

Seo Sat-byul.....Yoo-hee's daughter

Grandmother Seo/Choi Jung-sun.....Yoo-il and Yoo-hee's mother

Kang Family

Dr. Kang Ji-hwan.....Seo Dan-bi's fiancee

President Kang Jung-yong.....Ji-hwan's father

Mrs. Kang Soon-hee/Yoon Soon-hee.....Ji-hwan's mother/Yoo-il's ex-wife

Director Kang Eun-hwan.....Ji-hwan's younger brother

Kang Soo-ah/Lee Soo-ah.....Eun-hwan's wife/Dan-bi's friend

Side kicks

Yim Mi-jin.....Ji-hwan's ex-fiancee/his first love

Yoo-ri.....Bar owner/Mi-jin's best friend (it took 73 episodes to find out her last name is Han!!)

Dae-kyu.....Ji-hwan/Mi-jin's friend

Kang Yon-sil.....Mrs. Kang's best friend/wife of husband who lived with Mi-jin

Nurse Kim.....Ji-hwan's Nurse/Receptionist

Jo In-sung.....Hairstylist

Wang Hee-ji/Photographer.....Mr. Kang's college friend (at episode 106, they finally tell her name)

Lee So-young.....The woman that Yoo-il had been in love with until the day he died after having another affair lasting 10 years that his wife didn't know of.

(Yesterday's scene ended with Soon-hee trying to make a deal with the demon. Take Grandmother Seo, Yoo-hee, and Sat-byul back into the house, leave Dan-bi's marriage to Ji-hwan along with them, alone, stay away from her husband and his business.

Now, can somebody explain to me WHY the writers keep having people try to reason with a drunken demon? It has lived it's entire life never regretting anything it's done. So why on earth do the writers keep having people...FORGIVE...the demon?

Wait....let me stop....this is why I took a day to just watch other dramas and leave this one alone. Letting me get back on track. Of course the demon refused to agree to anything and Soon-hee vowed to make her pay. Today's episode opens up with Yoo-hee hesitating on a sidewalk, pacing back and forth.)

SYH to self.....It's all right.

(Okay, so she was standing outside of Lee So-young's florist shop, she takes a deep breath, then goes marching in. Once inside, she gets a bit fidgety and nervous. She does a very loud, "AHEM", to get So-young's attention since her back if facing her. So-young finally turns around while Yoo-hee tries to act smug.)

LSY.....May I help you?

SYH.....I came to talk to you.

(So-young takes a step towards Yoo-hee, and Yoo-hee arches her back trying not to move away from her.)

LSY.....Who are you?

SYH.....I'm...Seo Yoo-il's younger sister and I have a bone to pick with you.

(Yoo-hee gets a frustrated and a shamed look on her face. Right now, she's being such a hypocrite. When she was out on the street, with no place to go, she was willing to try and spend a night at this woman's home. At this moment, she's acting no different than the demon.)

LSY.....Is that right? Have a seat.

SYH.....Why should I sit across from you? I'll just talk right here.

LSY.....All right. What do you want to talk about?

SYH.....What? Don't you know why I'm here? Huh? How could you have an affair with a married man? You're a horrible woman to have done that. You shouldn't live like that! Do you know how much pain you've inflicted on my sister-in-law and niece?

And how could you take my brother's life insurance money? I'm not fond of my sister-in-law, but she was my brother's wife. You shouldn't take the insurance money! I wasn't going to get upset, but I can't help myself. Listen carefully, you'd better not live like this anymore! All right!

(Hypocrite.....During the entire time that Yoo-hee was yelling at So-young, she waved and pointed her finger at her as if she were a child. So-young made no effort to respond to her, and let Yoo-hee continue yelling at the top of her lungs. When Yoo-hee was finally done, she grabbed the back of her head as if she caused something that does't exist inside of it some pain.

She becomes flustered again as she turns to leave the shop. With one last awkward act of rage, she takes her finger and knocks over a cactus plant. As it hits the floor, some of the shards hit her foot and she screams, then stumples the rest of the way out of the shop. As she goes through the door, So-young looks up to watch her...)

LSY to self.....Kim Hee-sook, at least you have a family.

(When we see Yoo-hee again, she's walking back into the pit of hell with an air about her. She's holding her head up as if she's just accomplished some great feat. Of course, once the demon sees her, she doesn't get a warm welcome.)

SHS.....How dare you come back here.

(Yoo-hee stammers as she tries not to show she's afraid of her. She tries to hold her head up so high to get smug with the demon, that if the camera did a close up, we'd be staring at the inside of her nostril's. Here's a better image, a horse stretching out it's neck and neighingl. There's really no socket for any light bulb in her head!)

SYH.....Am I not allowed in here? This is my brother's home. You can't stop me from coming here.

SHS.....I told you, I don't want anything to do with you Seos.

SYH.....I wouldn't live here if you asked me to. I came to get Sat-byul's books. okay?

SHS.....Hurry up and leave!

(They give each other they eye before the camera takes us into the bedroom. Yoo-hee has pulled out a few more things to pack as she gathers Sat-byul's books from the top of the desk.)

SYH to self.....I was stupid to defend that cruel woman to Yoo-il's mistress. That woman threw us out.

(She turns and makes a gesture as if she were going to hit Hee-sook and that loud noise that sounds as if you're going to spit.)

SYH to self.....I wish I could just hit her.

(She now looks up at the ceiling...)

SYH to self.....This is alli your fault, Yoo-il!

(We move over to the salon. Soon-pil is sqeezing out a damp towel to put on a sleeping Grandmother Seo's forehead. She still seems to be having trouble breathing.)

YSP.....You should get up and eat.

(Yoo-hee comes through the door carrying all the rest of their belongings from the pit of hell.)

SYH.....My mom's still sleeping?

YSP.....Yes, she should get up and eat. It's just a cold, but she's weak and old, so she can't seem to get rid of it.

(Soon-pil reaches over to take the towel and soak it again. Yoo-hee stares at him...)

SYH.....I'll be good to you for the rest of my life. You're being so good to my mom. Thanks Soon-pil.

YSP.....Don't thank me. She's your mom, so she's my mom too. That's what my sister taught me.

(He strokes her hair and Yoo-hee lowers her head and starts to cry.)

YSP.....Where did you go anyway?

SYH.....I went to get Sat-byul's books.

YSP.....So you saw your sister-in-law?

SYH.....Yes. She's infuriating. She threw us out in the middle of the night, but did't even ask how my mom was doing. Instead, she said, "How dare you come back here!". (Can you believe that or it?)

YSP.....She's cold-blooded. How could she throw her family out?

SYH.....My sentiments exactly! My mom and I gave her all our money. She knows we don't have a cent. I was so stupid to defend her to my brother's mistress.

YSP.....Why did you go to see that woman?

SYH.....I felt sorry for Hee-sook since my brother cheated on her, and since he left his insurance money to his mistress, I wanted to apologize to Hee-sook.

YSP.....I see.

SYH.....Where should I live? We all can't stay here.

(There's a knock on the door and it's Soon-hee's voice.)

KSH behind the door.....Soon-pil.

(They both turn around as they see Soon-hee coming through the door.)

SYH.....Soon-hee.

YSP.....Sis.

(Yoo-hee now tries to wake her mother up.)

SYH.....Mom, get up. Get up.

SYH/YSP.....Get up...

(Grandmother Seo opens her eyes as Soon-hee comes over and kneels on the floor to get closer to her.)

KSH.....How are you?

(Grandmother Seo finally sits up and holds Soon-hee's hand, looking over her face.)

GS......You shouldn't have come. I'm sure you can't stand the sight of us right now.

KSH.....That's right. To be honest, I resented you and Yoo-hee. I never wanted to see you again.

YSP.....Sis...

KSH.....But...your granddaughter changed my mind. That poor girls trying so hard to make things work. Her actions moved me.

Since I accepted her as family, you and Yoo-hee are family too.

(Grandmother Seo starts to weep.)

SYH.....Yoo-hee...

KSH.....I'll help you. I'll help you go back home.

YSP.....I don't think that's possible. As long as Dan-bi's mom is there, Yoo-hee and her mom can't go back there.

(Soon-hee reaches into her back to get the bank book and place it in Grandmother Seo's hands.)

GS......What's this?

KSH.....It's your son's life insurance money.

SYH.....How did you get a hold of it?

(I'm sorry, but I have to interrupt....this is the space in the dialoque in which Soon-hee should have explained the life that Yoo-il lived with his mistress and why she's now able to give them this money. I'm not condoning an adulterous affair, but they should at least acknowledge the woman's kindness and her heart. Also, they should think about the fact that if Soon-hee was able to sit down and talk to this woman, there has to be something more to her than just the woman Yoo-il slept with. The writers do a poor job at filling in the blanks, but have not problem exaggerating violence in this drama.....back to the story....)

KSH.....With that money, I'll help you go back home.

GS......What do you plan to do?

(They all stare at Soon-hee, and then we move to the front of the salon where Soon-pil talks to his sister alone.)

YSP.....What are you thinking of doing? Are you going to teach Hee-sook a lesson?

KSH.....She learned the biggest lesson of her life. She found out that her beloved husband wasn't faithful. So I have to help her come to her senses now.

YSP.....Why even bother?

KSH.....She's my enemy, but she's Dan-bi's mother. I wish I could destroy her, but I have to make her come to her senses so that she won't try to break up Dan-bi and Ji-hwan's marriage.

(She picks up her pocketbook and stands...)

KSH.....I should go now.

YSP.....Okay.

(Just as she starts to walk towards the door, Soon-pil jumps up.)

YSP.....Oh, Sis....did you end things with Jung-yong?

(She puts a sad smile on her face.)

KSH.....Yes. He's going to go work in New York.

YSP.....What? Really?

(Of course this leads us to Mr. Kang's office. The receiptionist is talking to Mr. Kang's assistant as he just walks through the door carrying a folder.)

REC.....Mr. Kang's in his office.

AST.....All right.

(They bow to one another, and the assistant heads to the door and knocks before entering. Once inside, we see Mr. Kang seated behind his desk working as his assistant walks over and hands him the files. As he turns to leave, Mr. Kang takes his pen and raps on the desk with it to get his assistant's attention. His assistant turns back to face him and is a bit startled by his action.)

KJY.....Wait.

AST.....Yes, sir.

KJY.....How many years have you been working for me now?

AST.....It's been over 20 years.

KJY.....Oh really? It's been that long already? You should take a break now.

(The assistant gets a confused and worried look on his face.)

AST.....What? Did I do something wrong?

KJY.....No, no....I never thanked you enough for all your hard work. You've been there for me 365 days of the year.

AST.....What's wrong sir?

KJY.....I'm thinking of going somewhere, but I can't ask you to leave your family and go with me. Is there anything else you would like to do? How about running one of the branch offices?

AST.....Sir...

(His assistant is so humbled by Mr. Kang's offer, that he bows deeply and remains that way unable to speak.)

KJY.....Think about it. Let me know if you want to do something else.

(The assistant finally stands up straight and looks as though he wants to cry.)

AST.....Yes, sir.

(As the assistant leaves the office, Mr. Kang sits back in his chair with a little smile on his face.)

(On to the temporary good part of today's episode. The demon is seated in an attorney's office. The attorney is looking over the copy of her husband's life insurance policy while the secretary brings in some coffee and places it on the table in front of her. As she reaches for it and starts to drink, he gives her his opinion and advice.)

ATT.....I think it'll be difficult to win.

SHS.....Why? My husband had an affair, but his mistress got his life insurance money. Help me punish that adulterous woman and get the money that rightfully belongs to me.

ATT.....But even when men have affairs, if there's no proof of the affair, they're usually found innocent.

SHS.....And?...

ATT.....You found out about the affair after your husband passed away, and he named his mistress as the beneficiary on his policy. So even if you sue for the money, you won't win.

SHS.....That's ridiculous. She's an adulterer. How could the law not protect the wife's rights? Why is the law on the mistresses side?

(Okay, we leave the frustrated demon with the attorney. That scene did nothing to make me feel good and it seems were headed for another one. We're taken to the mausoleum and find Dan-bi standing in front of her father's urn.)

SDB to urn.....Dad, you did Mom wrong. Mom may have sinned by taking you away from my mother-in-law, but you were her hold world. You broke another woman's heart and got married. But this is the result of your selfish love? I feel so sorry for Mom. You meant the world to her. Thanks to you, Grandma and Aunt were thrown out....my mother-in-law had to leave home. Yes, even I thought about leaving home, but....I'll keep my marriage and my family. You couldn't keep your family together, but I will keep mine together.

(Dan-bi turns...the scripts says I take three steps...I hope I get this right...I have to walk slowly...okay...here I go...my death march...ONE...TWO...THREE...I did it! We hear, before we see, the demon stomping into the room and she's carrying a hammer. I wonder if it's a limited designer collectible? She then breaks into a run, lifting the hammer high over her head in her claws as Dan-bi grabs her and tries to hold her back.)

SDB.....Mom...Mom, why are you doing this?

(We see the hammer bounces up and down over their heads....Yeah hammer!!! Yeah hammer!! All hail the hammer!! Yeah right...)

SHS.....I'm going to break it all down.

(Yawn, such a dramatic scene....ooohhhh...I'm soooo excited....gee...I'm jumping up and down in my seat......this...is...sarcasm....Dan-bi struggles with her mother.)

SDB.....Mom, calm down.

SHS.....I don't need anything. I'm going to break it all down.

(The demon manages to get around Dan-bi, but Dan-bi has a hold on her from behind and of course she's crying.)

SHS.....Let me go!

SDB.....Mom...

SHS.....I can't forgive your Dad. Let me go.

(Hmmm....The demon still hasn't dropped the hammer. I guess she doesn't want to have any marks on it so she can't take it back to the store and remove it off her credit bill before it's due. All of a sudden the demon becomes exhausted and drops down to her knees, gently placing the hammer on the floor, but not letting it go, with her offspring still holding onto her shoulders. They both are on the floor crying their eyes out. The two are now outside sitting on a bench.)

SHS.....The attorney said I can't get the insurance money back from your dad's mistress. I don't want that money....(LIAR!)...I only wanted to rip it all up in front of your dad's picture. But I can't get it.

SDB.....Mom...

SHS.....I feel like I'm going to go crazy.

(Dan-bi nods her head and takes the creatures claw.)

SHS.....Don't say anything to me about throwing your grandmother and aunt our of the apartment. They have no right to question what I did.

SDB.....But....grandma' sick. She slept at the sauna after you threw them out and she caught a really bad cold.

SHS.....I don't want to hear it. I don't care even if she's dead.

SDB.....Don't say that. I resent Dad, but Grandma and Aunt are not to blame.

(The demon then turns her head to look her offspring in the eyes.)

SHS.....They're guilty of being his family. They're not my family. I don't want to see them even after I die.

(The demon then gets up and walks off leaving her offspring sitting alone on the bench.)

(Yes, this is really great....we get a wonderful view of Grandmother Seo clipping her toe nails onto the newspaper that's been layed out on the floor. She's trying very hard to do this, but her eyes are weak. There's a knock at the door, and

Soon-pil pokes his head in before entering the room.)

YSP.....You're up.

(He walks over and then sits on the floor next to her.)

YSP.....How do you feel?

(She lets out a bit of a cough as she starts to talk. When she raises her head, there's a huge smile on her face.)

GS......I feel better than earlier. I'm sorry. I'm intruding on you.

YSP.....Don't say that.

GS......By the way, where did Sat-byul's mom go?

YSP.....Ah...she went to pick up Sat-byul.

(Grandmother Seo nods her head and then goes back to her toe nails.)

YSP.....Are you cutting your toe nails?

GS......Yes. I can't do it well because I don't have my glasses.

(Soon-pil then grabs the toe nail clippers from her and of course Grandmother Seo doesn't want to impose any further on his kindness and starts to protest.)

GS......No...no...I was just bored. I can cut them later.

YSP.....Don't be shy. It's all right. I'm a hair stylist. I'm good at cutting things. You shouldn't let your toe nails grow to long. Just think of me as your son and let me cut them. It's all right.

(He examines her toes....)

YSP.....They're too long.

(Grandmother Seo is embarrassed as she covers her mouth while Soon-pil starts to cut them.)

GS......You don't have to do that.

YSP.....Uhm...Grandmother Seo, Yoo-hee should remarry, don't you think?

GS......Aigoo...she should. She should remarry and be happy.

YSP.....What would you look for in a man for her?

GS......It's not important what I want. I just want someone who'll live a long life. I want him to grow old with Yoo-hee.

YSP.....Right. I heard her husband died at a young age.

(He makes one more snip, and then....)

YSP.....All done!

GS......Thank you.

(Soon-pil then gets up to a kneeling position and gets even closer to her as she folds up the newspapers to throw it away. She becomes startled by his action and looks at him.)

YSP.....Would you like to read my palm?

(He places his hand, with his palm towards her face.)

YSP.....Look. This is my life line. It runs all the way down my arm. When I was a young boy, people used to tell me that I'd live a very long life.

(He lets out a stupid little laugh and during this entire time, Grandmother Seo is looking at him kind of weird. He keeps laughing at his own unique little joke, but as he looks at Grandmother Seo's face, he realizes that she doesn't get it and his smile fades.)

YSP.....I just thought I'd tell you.

(The simpleton now feels embarrassed as he scurries to the door, and lets out another nervous laugh to himself before leaving. Grandmother Seo stares at him as thought he's lost his mind....and she should know!)

GS......He's a silly man.

(Okay, it's over to a hospital lobby now. The demon has just come out of one of the offices and is walking like a zombie as Ji-hwan enters the scene. He stops by the desk and watches as the demon walks past him as though she's received an overdose of drugs. What shocks him even more is that she didn't even acknowledge him to pick a fight and argument with. He takes a double take just to make sure as he watches her continue to walk away from him. He then heads to the office he just saw her come out of. He knocks on the door...)

DR......Yes?

(Ji-hwan walks in, and when the Dr. looks up, he stops working and gets up to greet his old friend.)

DR......Dr. Kang.

KJH.....It's been a long time.

DR......It has been. Why haven't you come by for so long? We should have a drink.

KJH.....Uhh...the patient who just left...

DR......Yes, what about her?

KJH.....I know her a little. Why was she here?

(The doctor lets out a little laugh.)

DR......Are you telling me to divulge private patient information? She can't sleep unless she drinks. So she asked for sleeping pills.

KJH.....Ahh...I'm sorry, but let's have a drink next time.

DR......But why?

KJH.....I'm sorry. I'll call you.

DR......Okay.

(So, we're outside a realtor's office and hear the beginning of a phone conversation with the demon talking.)

SHS's voice on cell.....I couldn't answer the phone earlier. What is it?

REAL on cell....You landlord sold the apartment. The new landlord wants to renovate before moving in.

(The demon at a cafe drinking her meal. She's got two empty bottles of alcohol on the table in front of her and is working on the third. She's just empty her glass and pounded on the table after hearing what the realtor just told her.)

SHS on cell.....What? You want me to move out? You can't be serious.

(Realtor's office.)

REAL....But the lease is up, so you should find another place.

(cafe)

SHS on cell.....But this is so sudden.

(realtor)

REAL....It's not so sudden. I left you many messages. By the way, the new landlord's going to look at the apartment tomorrow.

(The realtor then hangs up on the demon.)

SHS.....Hello? Hello?

(In the background you can hear the heavy footsteps heading towards the demon as she pours herself another glass of alcohol. Just as she raises it to her mouth to drink it, it's snatched away from her by Ji-hwan. He holds the glass as he stands there looking down at her. She's a bit confused to see him standing there, coming out of nowhere.)

SHS.....Ji-hwan...

(He takes a seat in front of her and slams the glass down on the table. She stares at him and then gets into a relaxed state preparing her marvelous wit.)

SHS.....Who do we have here? It's my son-in-law who wanted to cut ties with me. What? You're suddenly happy to run into me? What an honor that you're joining me. Isn't it?

KJH.....Why do you keep drinking?

SHS.....What's it to you?

KJH.....You don't look good. Don't drink anymore.

(The demon doesn't even have the strength to distort her face and yell at him. She just holds out her claws and demands her glass back.)

SHS.....Give it back. The only thing that can treat me is not a doctor like you, but alcohol...alcohol.

KJH.....Come to my office tomorrow. I have a friend who's a good doctor. I'll introduce him to you.

(The demon has drank so much, that it rests its head in it's claws and starts to go to sleep while Ji-hwan is talking.)

SHS.....You're treating me like a patient.

KJH.....You can't sleep unless you drink. You're an alcoholic. I'll help you.

(The demon lets out a faint laugh and looks away from him.)

SHS.....You make me laugh.

KJH.....I'm worried about you Mother, and I'm worried about Dan-bi being upset because of you.

SHS.....You're worried?

(Now the demon sobers up just a bit to lean over into Ji-hwan's face.)

SHS.....You say you're worried, but really, you think it serves me right, don't you? Huh?

(Ji-hwan becomes frustrated and lets out a huge sigh.)

SHS.....Why? You despise me because I hurt your mom, but now that I found out my husband cheated on me, you want to laugh at me, don't you? Knowing your father-in-law had a mistress, you want to tell me I deserve it, don't you?

(Ji-hwan stares at the demon totally confused by what she has just told him.)

KJH.....What do you...

SHS.....Laugh all you want. It doesn't matter. (untranslated) Give it back!

(The demons ugly face finally re-appears as it reaches across the table, grabs the glass, and pours the drink down it's throat. It's trembling claws cause the ice in the glass to shake as it doesn't come up for air while drinking. Ji-hwan stares at the demon and actually has a painful look on his face as we hear the glass pound on the table once more.)

(So, it's off to Kangland now and Dan-bi's in her bedroom staring at the clothes her father had bought for his grandchild. She's remembering what Ji-hwan had said to her.)

KJH's voice.....Father bought them for you on the day of the accident.

(As Ji-hwan comes walking through the door, she puts the outfit down and gets up to greet him.)

SDB.....Hi.

(Ji-hwan then places his briefcase on the chair, looks into Dan-bi's face for a moment, and places his arms around her to embrace her.)

SDB.....What's wrong?

KJH.....It must've been so hard for you.

SDB.....You found out? I resent my dad.

KJH.....Yes, I know, but Father was a good dad. So no matter what your mom says, you shouldn't hate him.

(We leave her crying in her husband's arms and go across the hall to Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. The baby is lying in bed,reading a magazine.)

LSA.....Father's home.

KEH.....He is?

(The baby jumps up to go and see his father, but Soo-ah stops him.)

LSA.....Don't go down. He seems very lonely and sad.

(The baby stands there, not knowing what to do or say.)

(It's late at night. Music starts playing, we come down through the trees and find a lone figure walking along the sidewalk.

It's Soon-hee and she's thinking about the past. We see the image of the blood stained bandage on her wrist as she stood on top of the wall of the roof about to jump. We see her face looking down at Mr. Kang with a blank expression as he was reaching up to prevent her from taking her own life. The tear that she shed as he grabbed her around her legs and pulled her down, falling to the rooftop along with her. His grabbing her, embracing her, and not letting go of her as she stood lifeless in his arms.

She remembers when they started dating after that. It was the day the took a walk in the park. Ms. Kang was such a dork as he fumbled with her hand in his first attempt to hold it. Soon-hee smiled, and Mr. Kang glowed as he swung her hand back and forth while they walked. He was the happiest man in the world at that moment. They smiled at one another and continued to stroll through the park.

We now see Mr. Kang, slowly crawling into the bed. The music is still playing as he sits up and adjusts the comforter. He then removes his glasses, but stops to look at the empty space next to him where the woman he loved more than life itself used to sleep. Mr. Kang now starts to remember this woman. It was Christmas time and he had taken her out to a very expensive restaurant. Holiday decorations and lights were all around them as his wife reached across the table to take his

hand. He remembers what she said to him that night.)

KSH.....We should die at the same time.

(He reaches over to her pillow, and gently caresses the place her head used to lay. He sighs, as another memory floods his mind while they were still in the restaurant that night. As he had looked in her face, a sadness had come over it and tears started to form.)

KSH.....There's something I have to tell you before I die.

(Mr. Kang laughs at her while she was being so serious. Mrs. Kang still walks along the walk along the sidewalk as she remembers the night her husband took her to the dinner theater. Even though the movie was playing on the screen, she was holding her husbands hand.

At first she was embarrassed by this display of affection in public, but he held onto her hand regardless. Their meal was on a little table between them. There were two glasses filled with champagne sitting there. Mr. Kang had started to laugh at the picture on the screen while his wife stared at him. He eventually glances in her direction.)

KJY.....You can't take your eyes off me?

(He nervously touches his face as she still stares.)

KJY.....You should live a long life, honey.

(It's now Ji-hwan's wedding day, and she's sitting beside her husband as Ji-hwan and Dan-bi stand before them and bow. She was sad and couldn't look at the couple realizing that day she had been unable to stop the wedding. It was the day she prayed to keep her past a secret until the day she died. We're back with Mr. Kang once more, as he stares at the pillow beside him, holding back the tears...)

KJY.....Be happy.

(We're shown a portrait of Mr. and Mrs. Kang sitting on a dresser smiling and so happy with one another. Off to the side is the family picture. As the camera slowly zooms in on the picture of Mr. and Mrs. Kang, we see Soon-hee sitting up in her bed, under the comforter, staring at it with a sweet smile on her face.)

KSH.....Good night.

(FINAL SCENE.....It's the next day and we go straight to the pit of hell. The demon is asleep in it's nest with...what's those things called that you cover your eyes with at night to keep out the light? Anyway, she has those on her eyes as her cell phone starts to ring. The creature starts to stir as the tone from the cell starts disturbing it. Besides the fact that the demon is still hung over, it starts groping around with it's claw to find the cell phone. It picks it up off of the night stand, then gets further annoyed. It sits up in its nest, then removes the covers from it's eyes.)

SHS to self.....Who could that be? So annoying!

(It glances at the phone, then snaps it open and places it to it's ear.)

SHS on cell.....Hello!

(Realtor)

REAL on phone....Oh, Mrs. Seo. Are you home right now?

(Pit of hell)

SHS.....Yes, I am.

(Realtor)

REAL.....Your new landlord wants to see the apartment now. She'll be there any minute.

(The demon stares at the cell phone before snapping it shut.)

SHS to self.....So what if she's the new landlord? How rude of her to come at such short notice.

(The doorbell rings and the demon turns around. As she comes out of the pit in her nightgown, she slips on a sweater.)

SHS.....So what if you're the new landlord? THis is awfully rude.

(She then walks over to the door and when she unbolts it, a look of shock comes over her face as the door swings open only for her to see Grandmother Seo, Yoo-hee, and Sat-byul in front of her. Without saying anything to her, they march right in. She stands there in disbelief as they walk into the living room carrying all of the baggage she had thrown them out with.)

SHS.....What are you doing here? I told you, I never want to see you again.

(The demon is so furious, she doesn't notice that Soon-hee has just walked into the house. Soon-hee is now standing in front of her and the demon is completely confused now.)

SHS.....What are you doing here? Get out. I'm expecting company.

(The demon turns her back to Soon-hee unable to look at her face.)

KSH.....They're already here.

(A smile comes across Soon-hee's face, a smug look comes across Yoo-hee's face and as she turns to look at her mother, a proud, unshaken expression is upon Grandmother Seo's face.)

KSH.....This is your landlord.

SHS.....What?

(Parting shot of Soon-hee smiling at the demon.)

PREVIEW

(Yoo-hee is now telling the demon off as she stands next to her mother.)

SYH.....This apartment is my mom's now.

(Grandmother Seo starts to smile and panic takes over the demon and her face turns pale as she glances over at her mother-in-law trembling.)

(The demon's back in it's pit, and has slid down to the floor against the wardrobe in shock and disbelief.)

SHS.....You want me to move out?

(We've got a picture of a plane ticket and Dan-bi's face.)

SDB.....A plane ticket to New York?

(Ji-hwan looks up from his desk and his brother Eun-hwan comes bursting through his office door.)

(Eun-hwan reaches across the desk and grabs Ji-hwan's hand. He's really scared and upset.)

KEH.....Tell Mom to stop Dad from leaving.

(The assistant is walking with Mr. Kang on the floor and directs his attention somewhere. Mr. Kang is walking and looking at something.)

(Mr. Kang is at a coffee shop and Dan-bi is sitting across from him trying to help save his marriage to her mother-in-law.)

SDB.....Are you really going to end your marriage like this?

(We see Mr. Kang thinking as Dan-bi is talking to him.)

SDB.....You want to reconcile with Mother, don't you?

(The framed picture of Mr. and Mrs. Kang, the framed picture of the family portrait, sitting on Mrs. Kang's dresser.)

(Mr. Kang is sitting alone at a bar drinking.)

SDB.....Why be afraid without even trying?

(Mr. Kang holding a shot glass.)

(Fade out on Mr. Kang's face.)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bijan630

Thank you noomma for taking the words right out of my mouth!!

THE KANGSTER IS BACK!!

Innocent You

EPISODE 115

Monday September 28, 2009

Seo Family

Mrs. Seo Hee-sook/Kim Hee-sook.....Dan-bi's mother/broke up marriage between Soon-hee and Yoo-il

Kang Family

Side kicks

Yoo-ri.....Bar owner/Mi-jin's best friend (it took 73 episodes to find out her last name is Han!!)

Wang Hee-ji/Photographer.....Mr. Kang's college friend (at episode 106, they finally tell her name)

Lee So-young.....The woman that Yoo-il had been in love with until the day he died after having another affair lasting 10 years that his wife didn't know of.

(Well, it's the beginning of another week. On Friday, the demon was awakened from her alcohol induced sleep by the phone. She had been told that the new owner of the apartment was on their way over. Of course, the demon considered this rude and inappropriate behavior. As she started ranting to herself, the doorbell rings. She throws a sweater on over her night gown as she leaves her nest to go towards the door. We'll pick things up from here.)

SHS.....So what if you're the new landlord! This is awfully rude!

(She reaches up, unbolts the door, and as it swings open, a shocked look comes across her face. Standing in front of her are Grandmother Seo, Yoo-hee, and Sat-byul. They walk in right past her carrying all of their belongings that they had been thrown out of the house with. The demon stares at them in disbelief as she follows them back into the living room.)

SHS.....What are you doing here?

(They don't say a word to her as they lay the bags down on the floor. At that same moment, the demon doesn't notice that Soon-hee has just entered the apartment behind her.)

SHS.....I told you, I never wanted to see you again.

(The demon finally turns around as Soon-hee comes and stands next to everyone.)

SHS.....What are you doing here? Get out! I'm expecting company.

KSH.....They're already here. This is your new landlord.

(Yoo-hee looks smug, she looks towards her mother, and Grandmother Seo has a stern look on her face. The demon in turn, looks at Soon-hee who has a smirk on her face.)

SHS.....What?

(The demon is at a loss as she stares back and forth at the faces in front of her.)

SHS.....What in the world are you talking about? Who's the new landlord?

(Yoo-hee lets out a little laugh.)

SYH.....You heard her. This apartment is my mom's now.

SHS.....She doesn't have any money.

(The light bulb finally comes on and the demon's face changes into one of panic as she looks at Soon-hee.)

SHS.....Don't tell me you...The insurance money?

KSH.....That's right. They didn't have anywhere to go. So I suggested that they buy a place with that money. But we couldn't find anything better for the price, so we decided to buy this place. So now, you have to move out. Do you have a place to go?

(The demon slowly starts to tremble as her anger is about to flair up again.)

SHS.....Unbelievable...You want me to move out?

KSH.....I want to throw you out right now, but you're lucky. They don't want to throw you out. They want you to live here with them.

(The demon starts breathing heavy as her worst nightmare unfolds before her very eyes.)

KSH.....You should come to your senses, and stop torturing my family. Don't make things difficult for Dan-bi and Ji-hwan. If you have too much time on your hands, think about how to live a meaningful life.

(The demon starts to show her fangs again and attempts to stand up to Soon-hee.)

SHS.....How dare you lecture me.

KSH.....If you get on my nerves again, I'll make sure that you regret it.

(Soon-hee turns and bows to Grandmother Seo before walking out the door. The demons faint attempt to regain her authority has failed and she stands there devastated. She then looks at Yoo-hee and her mother-in-law who are smiling at her. Her look of death no longer carries any weight behind it as she stares at them.)

(We go over to the back room at the salon. Soon-pil is cleaning the floor while talking to Dan-bi on his cell phone.)

YSP on cell.....Your grandma and aunt went home just now. So don't worry about anything.

(Dan-bi's in the den at Kangland ironing her father-in-laws shirts.)

SDB on cell.....What if my mom throws them out again?

YSP.....I said don't worry.

(Salon)

YSP.....Your mother-in-law went with them....

(Kangland)

YSP.....and she said she'd make your mom come to her senses.

(Salon)

YSP.....So don't worry.

(Once he hangs up, he continues to clean the floor.)

YSP to self.....The place feels empty now that they left.

(He starts to clean once more, and finds a hair clip that belonged to Sat-byul. He picks it up and is somehow amazed by it like a cat with a piece of string.)

YSP.....This is Sat-byul's.

(It's been a long time since we've had a fantasy scene, so here goes. Soon-pil is dressed in white as he checks the beauty supplies on one of the tables. Sat-byul comes from the room at the back of the salon, also dressed in a white top with little hearts and some pants. She's carrying a drawing pad behind her back. She silently stares at Soon-pil, until he happens to turn around and sees her behind him.)

YSP.....What? Do you need something?

SSB.....No.

YSP.....Do you have something to tell me?

SSB.....Yes.

YSP.....What is it?

(She brings the drawing pad from behind her back and presents it to him.)

SSB.....Here.

(He reaches down to accept it from her and then stares at the drawing.)

YSP.....Wow! This is me, isn't it?

SSB.....Yes.

(It's a huge head in the form of a circle. The hair is black, and combed over to one side. One eye is winking along with a huge smile.)

YSP.....Wow, you're a terrific artist. Are you giving it to me?

SSB.....Yes.

(He lets out a loud childish laugh as she smiles at him.)

YSP.....I'm so touched. Thanks. But why didn't you draw your mom on here?

SSB.....Can I do that?

YSP.....Sure! I'll be lonely without her.

(He then kneels down and places his arm around Sat-byul as they discuss the drawing.)

YSP.....You should draw you, me, your mom, and your sibling....

(She then looks at him, still smiling, while he catches himself and lets out a nervous little laugh.)

YSP.....I mean...Draw just the three of us.

SSB.....Okay.

YSP.....Great. You'll draw me another one? Thanks. You're so adorable.

(He hugs and kisses her before we're brought back to reality with him still holding the hair clip in his hand.)

YSP to self.....I was so hesistant because of her, but I've already bonded with her. Yoo-hee, I'm waiting for the day we'll finally be together.

(Well, as we leave him kissing the hair clip and drifting off again into his own little world, we go back to Kangland. Dan-bi is still in the den ironing her father-in-laws' shirts when Ji-hwan walks in.)

KJH.....Here you are.

SDB.....Hi.

KJH.....Where's my dad?

SDB.....He left early for a morning meeting.

KJH.....Ahh....What are you doing?

SDB.....I'm ironing Father's clothes.

KJH.....Don't do that. They can do that at the cleaner's.

SDB.....It's strange. Father looked so dashing wearing the shirts Mother ironed for him. But he doesn't look so good these days. So I'm ironing them hoping he'll look better.

KJH.....Thanks.

SDB.....You don't have to thank me. By the way, Uncle called. My grandma and aunt are back home.

KJH.....Really? Uhm...I'm going to go see Mother today.

SDB.....Why? Did she say something to upset you again?

KJH.....No. I want to take her to see a doctor. She has to drink in order to fall asleep.

(Sigh....Dan-bi gets that worried look on her face.)

KJH.....Don't worry too much. She'll get better with treatment.

SDB.....Thanks.

KJH.....You don't have to thank me. I should get ready for work.

SDB.....Okay.

(After Ji-hwan leaves, she finishes up the last of the shirts, and lays them temporarily on the table. As she's doing so, she happens to see the brochure and the airline tickets.)

SDB to self.....What's this?

(She opens up the ticket and it's a flight leaving from Incheon going to New York for Kang Jeong Yong on the 23rd of May.)

SDB to self.....A plane ticket to New York?

(She then opens up the brochure to find...."PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE"....the signed divorce papers that Mrs. Kang left for her husband. A look of panic comes across her face as she rushes upstairs and enters her bedroom holding her stomach, to talk to Ji-hwan about it while he's putting on his jacket in front of the mirror.)

SDB.....By any chance, is Father going to New York?

(Ji-hwan turns to look at her.)

KJH.....What? Yes. He decided to work in New York

SDB.....That's ridiculous. You have to stop him from leaving.

KJH.....I wish I could. I wish I could do that for all of us. But Dad wants to leave. The void Mom left behind is too much for him to live with. Mom's doing well alone, and he wants to try living alone too. I couldn't tell him not to leave.

(So, of course this discussion leads us over to the office. The secretary has just entered the office, and Mr. Kang and come in after her.)

SEC.....Mr. Kang, you have a guest.

(Mr. Kang looks towards the door of his office. As he enters the room, he finds Dan-bi getting up from the chair to greet him.)

KJY.....Is something wrong? Huh? Why did you come all the way here? Sit down.

SDB.....Father, are you going to work at your New York branch?

KJY.....You heard? I want to start a new life in a new city before I get older.

SDB.....You can't leave like this Father. Are you really going to end your marriage like this? I'll talk to Mother. She'll come back home if you'll just ask her to come back. Huh?

KJY.....She and I already talked about it. We decided ending it with each other was for the best and to go our separate ways.

SDB.....Father...

KJY.....Your Mother-in-law's doing fine right now. She's actually happier and stronger now. I want to do the same.

(Eun-hwan just entered the office without anyone hearing him.)

KEH.....What's this I just heard?

(Mr. Kang turns around to look at him.)

KEH.....Dad.

KJY.....It's Mr. Kang to you at work.

KEH.....What's this I just heard? Where are you going?

KJY.....I've made a decision. Later. Huh?

(We go over to Ji-hwan's office and while he's do a bit of research in his books, his door flies open. When he looks up from his desk, he sees his brother standing there, unable to talk because he's out of breath from running to his office.)

KJH.....Eun-hwan...

KEH.....Stop Dad from leaving! No, talk to Mom first! I'm sorry! I'll do whatever you say! So stop Mom and Dad from getting a divorce! Huh?

(He's standing there like a lost, helpless, child.)

KJH.....Calm down.

(He's finally able to move and comes running over to his brother's desk. He drops his briefcase on the floor and grabs his brother's hand.)

KEH.....Tell Mom to stop Dad from leaving. I want to tell her, but I have no right to ask her since I was so cruel to her.

KJH.....Don't you think I tried? I want them to reconcile more than anyone. I'd beg them every day if that'd get them back together. But Dad already bought a plane ticket and Mom gave him the divorce papers. All I can do is hope that they'll reconcile.

(Eun-hwan stares in his brother's face, then steps back to look at the ceiling not knowing how to fix this.)

(We're in the computer class and it seems that Mrs. Kang is a fast learner. She's no longer hunting and pecking at the keyboard and her fingers are flying now. She smiles as she looks at the screen. The instructor is walking around the class, observing everyone, and he stops by her desk.)

INS.....Are you creating a menu?

KSH.....Yes. I thought I'd give it a try.

(The instructor reaches across her to grasp the mouse and show her something new.)

INS.....Let me help you. You can change the color with this. Try it.

(Mrs. Kang then uses the mouse, and follows the tip he just showed her. She laughs and smiles with the excitement of learning something new.)

KSH.....It's amazing.

(Her lesson is over and she's walking through the door of her bakery to hear a cup being broken. While customers have been waiting to be served at a table, Soo-ah has been a complete klutz. She's scrambling around the floor to pick up the items that's she's dropped and still hasn't realized that her mother-in-law has come in.)

CUS.....Give us some water.

LSA.....Coming.

LSA to self.....Can't she get it herself?

(As she's reaches up to get the water, Mrs. Kang finally gets her attention.)

KSH.....When did you come?

(She stops what she's doing, throws her arms around Mrs. Kang and starts to hug her.)

LSA.....Mother. I missed you.

KSH.....Me too.

KSH.....Aigoo, you've lost weight. You should gain weight when you're pregnant.

(Of course the twit now has to hold her stomach.)

LSA.....Of course. My back and shoulders hurt and my legs get swollen if I move around too much.

KSH.....Then you should just rest at home. Why did you come?

LSA.....But I should come and help you.

CUS.....Can we have some water?

(She looks over at the two women who she still hasn't served. She puts on a big smile, but answers them with her teeth clenched.)

LSA.....Yes...I mean, coming...

LSA.....Mother, take a break.

KSH.....Okay, I'll do that. I'm going to go wash my hands.

LSA.....Okay.

(While Mrs. Kang goes to place her pocketbook by the counter, Soo-ah attempts to get the glasses of water for the customers. As she's carrying the tray over to the table, she trips, spilling the water all over one of the customers. The women both jump up from the table as Mrs. Kang turns around to see what's going on. She then rushes over to calm the women down.)

CUS.....Look waht you did!

LSA.....I'm sorry....I'm sorry...

KSH.....I'm sorry. It's on the house.

(Soo-ah then tries to wipe off the woman's dress.)

LSA.....I'm really sorry.

(Mrs. Kang gives Soo-ah a wicked look with a smile on her face, while Soo-ah looks away, too embarrassed to look at her mother.)

(Well, the fun has been short lived as we go back to the Seo clan. The demon is sitting in the living room with her arms folded and not speaking. Yoo-hee's sitting in the living room looking up at the ceiling, and Sat-byul is sitting next to her mother, staring at her.)

SSB.....Mom, I want to watch TV.

SYH.....Huh? Okay.

(Yoo-hee glances over at the demon as she slowly picks up the remote control to turn on the television set. A children's progam is on, and while they sing a song, Yoo-hee bobs up and down in her seat. The demon slowly blinks, takes a deep breath, and without looking at either of them, speaks....)

SHS.....Turn the TV off.

SYH.....Huh?

(Yoo-hee picks up the remote, and turns it back off.)

SYH.....Sat-byul, go read a book.

SSB.....Okay.

(As Sat-byul leaves to go to her room, Yoo-hee is still sitting there and the demon speaks again.)

SHS.....You should go too.

SYH.....What? Did I hear you right?

(Yoo-hee leans over and stares at the demon.)

SYH.....By any chance, did you just tell me to go to my room?

SHS.....Yes. I can't stand the sight of you, so go.

(Yoo-hee laughs and gets a huge smile on her face.)]

SYH.....You leave me speechless. Huh? What do you take me for? If you can't stand the sight of me, you go to your room. Have you forgotten already that this is now my mom's apartment? If you can't stand the sight of us, you should leave.

(Now the demon eyes spark as she quickly looks at Yoo-hee. She can't say anything in response to that statement, so she goes to the kitchen and opens up the refrigerator. In the shelf, on the door, are 10 bottles of alcohol. She reaches down, grabs a bottle, unscrews it, and then turns it up to her mouth. Just as she's about to get a taste of it, the bottles grabbed from her hands. Standing behind her is Grandmother Seo, holding the bottle.)

SHS.....What are you doing?

GS......You're crazy! You're too old to be drinking like this. You'll ruin your health.

(The demon grabs the bottle back and starts to turn it up to her mouth, tilting her head back for a big swig as Grandmother

Seo snatches it away from her again.)

GS......Drink alcohol again, and I'll throw away all the bottles. Why are there more liquor bottles in the fridge than food? It's so embarrassing!

SHS.....Then you can leave. Take your leech daughter, your granddaughter and leave!

SYH.....Did you just call me a leech? Why are you even associating with that woman who threw us out in the middle of the night? We should throw her out!

GS......She's drunk.

SYH.....I want to throw her out right now! We took pity on you and gave you the master bedroom. But instead of being grateful, you call me a leech? Are you finished?

(The demon is holding onto the back of a chair in order to support herself. Her face has turned ugly again, but her fangs have been removed.)

SSB.....Mom...

(Sat-byul comes into the kitchen with Ji-hwan behind her. They've been so busy yelling at the demon, that they didn't hear him come in.)

GS......What brings you here?

KJH.....I came to take Mother to the hospital.

(The demon slowly turns her head and tries to focus as she looks at her prey. She then attempts to stand up straight in order to respond to him with her slurred speech.)

SHS.....Did you Mom tell you to gawk at how pathetic I look?

GS......He came to take you to the hospital.

SHS.....You want to lock me up in an institution like your dad did?

KJH.....No, I want your to receive treatment. You have to be treated before it's too late.

SYH.....You should take her to a psychologist. I think something's wrong with her head. No one in their right mind would behave this way.

(The demon slowly creeps towards Ji-hwan while still holding onto the table for support. She twists her neck around as she begins to speak once again.)

SHS.....You can look down on me and laugh at me all you want. I won't go down like this.

(The demon then rushes past all of them to scurry back into her pit closing the door behind her.)

KJH.....Mother...

(They all stand and watch her, shaking there heads in shame, while behind the closed door, the demon holds onto the wardrobe for support. She then leans against it and slides down to the floor as Ji-hwan continues to talk to her from the other side of the door.)

KJH.....I'll come back tomorrow. Be ready to go to the hospital.

KSH. to self.....Where did it all start to go wrong? Where?

(The demon then starts to laugh. Her smile grows wider as she throws her head back against the wardrobe and continues to laugh at her life. All of a sudden, she stops, and her eyes start to focus again as she thinks about who she's going to go after.)

(They should have a shaman bless the ending of each of the scenes with the demon. Anyway, we end up going over to Mr. Kang's office. He's seated behind his desk working when his assistant comes rushing through the door without knocking and approaches his desk highly upset. Mr. Kang sits up and looks at him.)

AST.....Sir

KJY.....What is it?

(The assistant is now leading Mr. Kang through the floor and out to the lobby. As they're walking, he directs his attention somewhere. While Mr. Kang continues walking, he staring very intently ahead of him. When they finally reach the entrance of the building, he finds Dan-bi standing up against a wall in the lobby.)

KJY.....Dan-bi...

(She turns to look at him, and he shoves his hands in his pocket. He's taken her to the coffee shop and they're now seated across the table from one another. He's pointing his finger at her as he speaks.)

KJY.....What were you doing there? Are you on strike or something?

SDB.....I'm sorry.

KJY.....I told you earlier that my mind was made up. I won't change my mind. You should go home.

(Mr. Kang turns to get up and leave, but sits back down as Dan-bi continues to speak.)

SDB.....I tried, but I can't. I tried to let you go, but I can't Father. You want to reconcile with Mother, don't you? So why are you trying to leave?

KJY.....You're wrong. I have no intentions of reconciling with her.

SDB.....Yes, you do. Then why haven't you filled out the form.

KJY.....Stop it.

SDB.....Father, you told me that it wasn't my fault. Do you know how much strength your words gave me? They gave me the strength to stay married to Ji-hwan. But why can't you give Mother the strength you gave me?

KJY.....I don't think I can be happy with your mother-in-law like I was before. I'm afraid of not trusting her and that I'd end up hurting her.

SDB.....Why be afraid without even trying?

(He suddenly looks up at her.)

SDB.....Aren't you afraid of missing her for the rest of your life?

KJY.....Stop it. I can't listen to your anymore. That's enough.

(Dan-bi gathers her strength to speak the words that she didn't ever want to have to say out loud...especially to her father-in-law...)

SDB.....My dad...My dad had...He had a mistress.

(Mr. Kang now looks at Dan-bi in shock...)

SDB.....He deceived all of us for 10 years. In my head, I understand how lonely he must've been to have an affair....but in my heart, I can't forgive him.

(Mr. Kang stares at her face as she's finally able to look into his eyes.)

SDB.....You and I are family, but it's hard, really hard for me to tell you this. I'm telling you this because people stay together even when they no longer love each other. So why are you trying to be apart from Mother when you love each other?

(Mr. Kang had to actually think about what she had just said to him. Her words affected him so much, that he had to go to the bar alone and have a drink. As he puts the cork back in the bottle after pouring himself a drink, he takes a sip and hears Dan-bi's words speaking to him once again.)

SDB's voice.....Aren't you afraid of missing her for the rest of your life? So why are you trying to be apart from Mother when you love each other?

(FINAL SCENE.....We leave Mr. Kang at the bar nursing his drink in his hand and go over to his wife's apartment. She's sitting on her bed, drinking a cup of tea, and staring at her husband's face in the picture. Her peaceful world is now being disturbed as her doorbell starts ringing continuously. Where ever her mind had drifted, it's been quickly bought back to reality and she looks towards the doorway. She places her cup down on the tray, and then gets up from the floor.)

KSH.....Who is it?

(The ringing of the bell continued, but then stopped only to be followed by loud banging. Mrs. Kang now rushes to the door.)

KSH to self.....Who could that be?

(The ringing continues again, and as she finally unlocks the door and opens it, the demon stumble into her apartment. She then proceeds to look Soon-hee up and down.)

KSH.....What are you doing here?

(Without saying a word, the demon invites herself in, and removes her shoes before stumbling while she takes a look around.)

SHS.....Aha...This is where you live? This is where you found your independence?

(She has the biggest smile on her face and claps her hands.)

SHS.....Too bad I didn't buy you a housewarming gift.

KSH.....You're drunk. Will you come to your senses only after you ruin your health?

SHS.....Why? Are you worrying about me again like your son?

KSH.....No, I don't care about your health. I only care that the kids will worry if you're sick. For their sake, stop drinking.

(The demon is wobbling back and forth as the smile disappears and it lunges towards Soon-hee grabbing by the collar of her blouse.)

SHS.....Who do you think you are telling me what to do?

(Soon-hee grabs a hold of one of the demons claws.)

KSH.....What do you think you're doing?

SHS.....I have nothing to lose now. You...You destroyed my life. I, lived my life for love, but you destroyed it. Money was what gave me strength, and you took that away.

(The demon starts shaking Soon-hee while she has her up against the drawers.)

SHS.....Yoon Soon-hee, I thought you were just a naive country bumpkin...but I underestimated you. Are you happy now?

(Mrs. Kang is still holding onto the demon's claw while staring at it in the face not showing any fear.)

SHS.....Are you satisfied now that you got your revenge on me for breaking up your marriage?

KSH.....Revenge?

(Mrs. Kang grabs the demon by both of it's claws and violently pulls them off of her clothing.)

KSH.....I'm sorry, but revenge is for people who are worth the energy. I...don't even want to waste my time seeking revenge on you. I'd rather live my life than get back at you.

SHS.....Is that so? So I've created this misery all by myself. Huh? How does it feel to see me destroyed like this? How does it feel to see that I've become a mess? Should I slit my wrist like you did?

KSH.....No...you should come to your senses. Because of you, I was at the lowest point of my life. I lived my life in misery and agony every day because of you. I didn't have any family then. But you have a family. Dan-bi, her grandma, and aunt are all worried about you. So you should come to your senses and let it go. You're your own worst enemy!

(The demon lunges at her again grabbing her blouse and knocking her up again the drawers once more.)

SHS.....How dare you order me around!

(Mr. Kang has found the door open and entered the apartment while neight woman has noticed him.)

SHS....You're a stupid woman whose husband left her!

(An arm suddenly comes around the demons throat pulling her backwards. The demon is in shock as it's send hurling down to the bed as Mr. Kang throws her down ready to kill her.)

KJY.....WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?

(The demon, scared and confused looks over it's shoulder while Mrs. Kang is surprised to see her husband standing there protecting and defending her.)

KSH.....Honey.....

KJY.....How dare you! DON'T YOU DARE HARM MY WOMAN!

PREVIEW

(Mr. Kang is staring at the demon ready to kill it. Soon-hee still can't believe that her husband is there. The demon still won't shut it's trap.)

SHS.....Your woman?

KJY.....She's the only woman for me.

(Mrs. Kang has tears in her eyes and starts to cry as she hears her husbands words.)

(The demon is walking alone on the sidewalk late at night...destroyed.)

SHS.....She his her indecent past for many years.

(The demon is back in it's nest and it's shredding up the last of it's dead husband's clothing. The bed is a complete mess by the time it becomes too exhausted to vent it's anger any further.)

(Ji-hwan comes and sits down next to the demon as she's drinking her life away once again.)

(She then throws her head back and let's out a loud laugh before looking at Ji-hwan seriously.)

?'s voice.....Her past can't make her indecent.

(We see the picture of Mr. and Mrs. Kang along with the family picture in the background.)

(We then see Mrs. Kang smiling at her husbands face as he sits in front of her on the floor.)

KJY.....It took a lot of courage for me to say this. Will you come back if I ask you to?

(Parting shot of Mrs. Kang smiling.)

WHAT BLOODY HECK!!

Now SoonHee is being a self-sacrificing idiot and she's lying to herself. <_<

Hopefully Ew-Hwan the Idiotic Big Baby can changer her mind and she calls Papa Kang...

And I because I'm in a cranky mood and I'm not in a forgiving mood...

I hope that they chop off Beeyatch's legs because of her selfish, self-serving idiotic antics

But then again, if that happens everyone will have to cater to her. It's horrible of me, but since she's a fictional person, give her cancer instead with lots of chemo and make her hair fall off.

Guest Bijan630

Innocent You

EPISODE 116

Tuesday September 29, 2009

Seo Family

Kang Family

Side kicks

(We quickly pick up today's episode exactly where we left off. Yesterday, Soon-hee was up against the drawers with the demon clutching her top around the neck line. All of a sudden, an arm comes around the demons neck from behind. She's then pulled backwards, and thrown onto the bed by the Kangster himself.)

KJY.....What do you think you're doing?

(The demon is totally confused by what just happened, and looks over it's shoulder to find Mr. Kang standing there. Soon-hee is also in shock that her husband seemed to come out of no where to rescue her.)

KSH.....Honey...

KJY.....How dare you! Don't you dare harm my woman!

(The demon is still confused and staring at Mr. Kang as she tries to pull what's left of her brain out of her butt. Right now he has a stance that makes him look like Superman.)

SHS.....What? Your woman?

KJY.....Yes, that's right! I told you not to harm my woman.

(The demon slowly tries to sit up on the bed and it's speech is slightly slurred.)

SHS.....Look here, have you lost your mind?

(She takes her paw to wipe her nose and mouth like a junkie.)

SHS.....She's not your woman, she left home. What do you mean she's your woman?

(Mr. Kang lets out a sarcastic laugh.)

KJY.....You don't get it, do you? Yes, she left home....so what? She's the only womwan for me!

(Mrs. Kang stares at her husband and starts crying as she hears him speak these words. The demon is staring at him with a hurt look on her face.)

KJY.....Even if we divorce, she's the only woman in my heart! Understand! Don't you dare mess with my woman!

(The demon is starting to cry, while she still sits there and stares at his face.)

KJY.....If you have anything to say to her, you say it to me! I'll deal with you! Got it!

(The demon starts trembling in fear as the tears continue to flow from Mrs. Kang's eyes.)

(We now find the demon walking all alone late at night. There doesn't seem to be much fight left in her as she walks like a zombie, as she remembers the words she once spoke to Soon-hee.)

SHS to KSH.....Pity. Losing your husband to another woman must be your destiny.

KSH to SHS....."Losing your husband to another woman must be your destiny?" Some women were born with such destiny?

SHS.....Yoon Soon-hee, women like you...

(Flashback to Soon-hee in the demon's apartment.)

KSH.....Then, what kind of woman are you?

SHS.....Me? You can't dare compare yourself to me. I'm the kind of woman who's husband loves her to death.

(The demon stops walking, takes a deep breath, then looks up at the night sky trying to keep the tears from falling down her cheeks. Her walk lead her to a bar/restaurant where she's seated at a table, starting on her first bottle of alcohol. As she pours herself a shot, she hears Mr. Kang's voice.)

KJY.....Don't you dare harm my woman!

(She lets out a little laugh to herself.)

SHS.....He sure gave it to me good. He put me in my place. They're separated, but he still says she's his woman.

(She closes her eyes as she tilts her head back and pours the liquor down her throat.)

(We leave that nut case alone and go back to Soon-hee's apartment. Both her and her husband are sitting on the floor having tea.)

KSH.....Why did you come?

KJY.....Is this why you left home? So that woman could come torture you anytime she wanted?

KSH.....Honey...

KJY.....You wanted to take that woman's abuse all by yourself?

KSH.....It's all right. She doesn't scare me anymore.

KJY.....How do you think I felt seeing her abuse you? Will you come back if I ask you to?

KSH.....Honey/Ji-hwan's father....

KJY.....I didn't know how to say it to you and I didn't know whether or not I could say it to you. It took a lot of courage for me to say this. If you tell me not to go to New York, I won't go. Will you come back if I ask you to?

(Mrs. Kang looks in her husbands eyes. She has a faint smile on her face, and she takes a moment before she finally decides to answer him...)

KSH.....No. It hurt me that you had to see that woman abuse me. I think I did the right thing leaving home. You and the family don't have to see her do that to me. Now that I left home, I think I can make it on my own....and life is fun now.

KJY.....It's fun?

KSH.....Yes.

KJY.....I see.

(Mr. Kang looks at his wife, and is now at a loss for words. He gave it his best, but still lost the woman he loved.)

KJY.....I should go now.

(He looks around as if he's lost while trying to stand up. Once he's on his feet, he straightens his tie, walks towards the door, and closes it behind him as he leaves. Mrs. Kang had remained sitting on the floor, and only after she hears the door close, does she look in that direction. She tries to smile, but then her face starts to crumble.)

(The next morning, true to his word, Ji-hwan has shown up at the Seo home to take the demon to the hospital. Yoo-hee is standing outside the bedroom door pounding on it since the demon has locked herself in.)

SYH.....Open the door! Your son-in-law came to take you to the hospital. You should be thankful that he cares enough to want to take you to the hospital!

(She starts pounding on the door again.)

SYH.....Hee-sook! She doesn't even deserve this. He wants you to receive treatment! Listen to him!

KJH.....It's all right. I'll come back next time.

(Ji-hwan turns, and leaves the house while Yoo-hee goes back to hitting the door.)

SYH to self.....You're so immature! Do you think Ji-hwan wanted to cmome here?

(Behind the locked door, the demon is feathering it's nest with the rest of her deceased mates wardrobe. She has a pair of scissors and she's just cutting up everything into pieces.)

SYH outside the door.....He came because you're his mother-in-law! You're just so annoying!

(The demon loses its patience with the scissors and decides to tear the rest of the garment with her own two paws. She then grabs his shirt and rips that apart. Unable to find anything else to vent her frustration on, she just sits in the middle of her nest panting.)

(Mr. Kang is getting ready for work and he's gone into the dressing room. After putting on his jacket, he opens up the door to his wardrobe and picks out a tie. He comes out into the den, and as he puts the tie over his head, there's a knock at the sliding doors.)

KJY.....Come in.

(Dan-bi enters carrying a tray with glass of vegetable juice.)

SDB.....Here you go Father.

KJY.....I'm fine. You should drink it.

SDB.....I made it for you. You've lost weight lately.

KJY.....Okay...

(He takes the glass from her hand, and drinks.)

KJY.....Thanks.

(She turns to leave the den, when he stops her.)

KJY.....Dan-bi...

SDB.....Yes?

KJY.....I went to see your mother-in-law.

SDB.....You did?

KJY.....Thanks to you, I got the courage to ask her to come back. But I didn't get the answer I wanted to hear.

SDB.....Mother doesn't want to come back?

KJY.....No. But I'm glad I listened to you and asked her. I would've regretted it if I hadn't asked her. Now I can leave with no regrets.

SDB.....Father...

KJY.....You know, your dad was a terrible in-law to me. But there's one thing I feel bad about. I never got to thank him for giving me his kindhearted daughter as my daughter-in-law. I'm really sorry I never got to thank him.

SDB.....Father...

(We leave Kangland and have the camera showing us a picture of a sonogram. Soon-pil is sitting on his bed, staring at the picture of his unborn child and laughing. There's a knock at the door, and he quickly hides the picture.)

YSP.....Yes?

(Mr. Kang opens the door and sticks his head in.)

YSP.....Jung-yong...

KJY.....Can we talk?

YSP.....Yes...sit down.

(Soon-pil hurriedly pulls out the chair from the dresser and swings it around to face him.)

KJY.....I'm going to go New York.

(Soon-pil stares at his brother-in-law, but the camera then takes us outside the room. Soo-ah is walking past the door, holding her back and her non-existent stomach. The doors ajar, and she hears their conversation.)

YSP.....My sister told me. Jung-yong, please don't go.

(Soo-ah quietly steps closer to the door to eavesdrop as the camera takes us back inside the bedroom.)

YSP.....I can't live here without you.

KJY.....It's not as if I won't come back. I can come back once a month.

(Soo-ah now jumps back from the door and gasps, but continues to listen...)

YSP.....How did things come to this?

KJY.....Soon-pil.

YSP.....Yes?

KJY.....I'm worried about you now that I've decided to leave. I said that you were no longer my brother-in-law. I want to take back what I said. I said it because I was angry. You and I will always be brothers-in-law.

(Soon-pil grabs his hand and of course starts crying as he takes Mr. Kang's hand to hit him in the face with it.)

YSP.....Jung-yong, I'd rather you hit me. To me, you're more than just a brother-in-law. I've done nothing for you.

KJY.....Don't do this. I have something I want to tell you. I think I'll regret it if I don't say it to you. I want you to see Dan-bi's aunt freely.

YSP.....Jung-yong...

KJY.....You've been seeing her secretly, haven't you? Huh?

YSP.....I'm sorry. I tried to break up with her, but I couldn't.

KJY.....You shouldn't break up when you love her. You should marry her.

YSP.....Jung-yong...

KJY.....Aii...you're too soft-hearted. You cry too much.

(Mr. Kang reaches over and pats Soon-pil on his shoulder. He then gets up from the chair and walks out the door leaving Soon-pil sitting on the edge of his bed crying. Soon-pil reaches behind him to pull out the sonogram. He glances at it, and then at the door once more. We go upstairs to find Soo-ah flying through the door of her bedroom as Eun-hwan is adjusting his tie.)

LSA.....Father's going to New York. What are we going to do? I think he and Mother are really going to divorce.

KEH.....Hmm.

LSA.....What? You knew about this?

KEH.....Hmm.

LSA.....Why aren't you doing anything? You should stop him from leaving.

KEH.....How can I, when Ji-hwan couldn't stop him? What right do I have to stop him when I encouraged him to separate from Mom?

(Eun-hwan quickly grabs his briefcase and his jacket as he rushes out of the room to keep from crying. Soo-ah stands and watches him leave.)

LSA to self.....He's regretting his behavior. So it's really all over.

(We now go to Mr. Kang's office. As he's working at his desk, there's a knock at the door.)

KJY.....Yes?

(The receptionist walks in carrying a thermos and plastic containers wrapped in a pink scarf.)

REC.....Mr. Kang, Mrs. Choi Jung-sun left this.

KJY.....When?

REC.....Just now.

(Mr. Kang jumps up from his desk and runs out into the corridor. When he reaches the lobby, he spots Grandmother Seo and runs after her, calling out to her just before she's about to go through the revolving doors.)

KJY.....Mrs. Choi!

(She turns to face him, he walks over to her, and they bow to one another. For a brief moment, they stare at each other. Then we find ourselves back in Mr. Kang's office again. He's eating the lunch that Grandmother Seo has prepared for him while she quietly sits and watches him. Mr. Kang has finished the majority of the food, and before he can even reach for his cup, she's already filling it for him. Mr. Kang slowly drinks down the liquid, and hands the cup back to her.)

KJY.....Thank you. You son saved my son's life, and I'm sorry. I still live with resentment towards your son. But I promise you that I'll find it in my heart to accept him as family someday.

(Unable to speak, Grandmother Seo nods her head in agreement. She slowly rocks back and forth in her chair as she starts to cry. Mr. Kang slowly bows his head down.)

(Grandmother Seo has arrived back home. As she's in the bedroom taking off her jacket, Yoo-hee comes into the room.)

GS......How's Hee-sook doing?

SYH.....I don't know? She hasn't come out of her room. Ji-hwan will be here soon. He must hate her, but he's being so good to her for Dan-bi's sake. It's the power of love.

GS......Soon-hee's younger brother...

SYH.....You mean Soon-pil?

GS......He's a really nice person. He has good manners.

SYH.....Huh? Yes...

GS......He's kind-hearted. I guess he's like his sister. His only flaw is that he seems a little immature.

SYH.....He's not immature. He's very thoughtful.

GS......And he seems like a player.

SYH.....No, no! He's a one-woman man. He's only loved me.

(She catches herself afther the words have already slipped out.)

SYH.....Only me....I mean...

GS......Daughter, are you two still seeing each other?

SYH.....Mom...

GS......You haven't broken up?

(Yoo-hee jumps off the chair, gets down on her knees, and starts rubbing her hands begging for forgiveness.)

SYH.....Mom, I'm sorry. Forgive me. No, I tried to break up for Soon-hee's sake. But...we just couldn't. We're in love.

(Grandmother Seo looks at her daughter and lets out a little laugh, while Yoo-hee continues to beg.)

SYH.....But Mom, Soon-hee gave us her permission. She wants us to get a marriage license first. She said we should get married when things calm down. So please Mom, don't be angry.

GS.....Tell him I want to see him.

(The poor fool really starts to panic and starts screaming as she rubs her hands even harder...)

SYH.....No! I'm sorry. He's really a nice man.

(Grandmother Seo really starts to laugh at this nut case.)

GS......Soon-hee told you to get a marriage license. I just want to have dinner with him before you do that.

(Yoo-hee stares at her Mother...)

GS......I feel bad for Soon-hee, but since she gave her permission, I'm happy for you.

(Yoo-hee's eyes now fill up with tears.)

GS......I always wished that you'd marry a nice man before I die. Tell Soon-pil I want to see him. He'll be my son-in-law, so we should formally meet.

(Now Yoo-hee really bursts into tears.)

SYH.....Mom! Mom!

(Grandmother Seo suddenly looks towards the bedroom door as she hears the front door closing. Yoo-hee comes out of the room to find Ji-hwan standing in the doorway.)

SYH.....Hi Ji-hwan.

(Grandmother Seo now comes out of the bedroom.)

KJH.....Is Mother inside?

SYH.....She hasn't come out of her room.

(Ji-hwan walks past them and starts knocking on the door.)

KJH.....Mother, I came to take you to the hospital. Mother...

(Ji-hwan tries the door handle expecting it to still be locked, but once her turns it, the door opens up. They all look at each other, and once they enter the room, they find the mess that was made by the demon, but she's no where to be found.)

GS......When did she go out?

SYH.....I don't know. I thought she was in here.

(As they stare around at the room, the next time we see Ji-hwan, he's running into a bar. He looks around, but hasn't noticed the demon sitting on a stool at the bar behind him. He turns around, and is about to leave when he glances over and spots her. She's just tilted her head back and poured a shot down her throat. He walks over to the bar, and sits on the stool next to her. The demon looks at him as he reaches over to take the shot glass from her.)

KJH.....Give me a drink too.

SHS.....What?

KJH.....Instead of stopping you from drinking, I'll drink with you.

(The demon snatches the glass from his hand, places it on the counter, picks up the bottle of liquor, and starts to pour. Her hands are trembling as she does so. Just as she raises the glass to drink it, Ji-hwan snatches it back from her and pours it down his throat. The demon stares at him as he does this.)

SHS.....How rude. You have no manners.

KJH.....Then am I supposed to let my mother-in-law drink?

SHS.....You look down on my because my husband cheated on me and left his insurance money to his mistress?

KJH.....Mother, you'll be a grandmother soon. In this condition, you won't be able to hold your grandchild. Take care of your health.

SHS.....Your mom destroyed my life and now you want to treat me? You two disgust me. You pretend to be caring, but you're out to get me. You're indecent.

KJH.....Who's indecent?

SHS.....Then you think your mother's not indecent? She his her indecent past for many years.

KJH.....No, my mom's as pure as snow.

(The demon throws it's head back and roars with laughter before leaning over and twisting it's neck to look into Ji-hwan's face.)

SHS.....Pure?

KJH.....Yes. That's how she is to me and my family. She's the best wife and mother to us. Her past can't make her indecent.

(The smile that was on the demon's face has been wiped off once again leaving her looking as though she's been given an elephant tranquilizer.)

(Moving right along, we go over to the bakery and find Dan-bi there with Mrs. Kang. While Mrs. Kang is wrapping a box of rice cakes, Dan-bi is fiddling around with something on the table. She looks over at her mother-in-law, and without looking up, Mrs. Kang speaks to her...)

KSH.....What did you want to say to me?

SDB.....Why didn't you stop him?

(Mrs. Kang now looks at Dan-bi's face.)

SDB.....You told me not to think about anything else and to hold onto Ji-hwan. But why didn't you accept Father's hand when he reached out for you?

KSH.....I'm very happy right now. I was happy as a wife and mother. But living alone and finding myself makes me happy too. I feel relieved and free. I'm content with my life. I like running the bakery, singing with my friends, and going to the computer class. I left to live alone, so I want to make it work.

SDB.....I see. I should go now, Mother.

KSH.....Okay, bye.

SDB.....Bye.

(Dan-bi turns around, picks up her coat and pocketbook from the chair, then has one last word with her mother-in-law.)

SDB.....Mother.

KSH.....Huh?

SDB.....Why do you have Father's pictures everywhere? What woman would keep her ex-husband's pictures everywhere? A divorced woman usually tries to get rid of every memory of her ex-husband.

KSH.....Well...

SDB.....You say you feel relieved and free, but you keep him so close to you every where.

(Dan-bi then bows to her mother-in-law before turning to walk out the door. Mrs. Kang has a mixed expression on her face as she was unable to look at Dan-bi when she spoke those words. The smile she had, left her face, and as the bell over the door rings after Dan-bi's exit from the store, Mrs. Kang glances over at the counter where a picture of herself and her husband sits. She struggles to try and smile again, but realizes she's only been fooling herself.)

(FINAL SCENE.....Well, it's back to the unpleasant part of this drama as we watch the demon walk down the middle of the street towards the house. Ji-hwan is walking a few steps behind her. All of a sudden, he rushes over to her and grabs her as a car comes screeching to a halt in front of the demon. The driver blasts his horn as Ji-hwan stares at him, but the demon simply brushes his arms away from her and continues walking towards the building. Ji-hwan looks at the driver once more, and bows to him before following the demon again.

We watch as the demon holds onto the glass window of the staircase on the second landing while Ji-hwan is just starting to climb the first set of steps. By the time Ji-hwan has entered the apartment, he finds Grandmother Seo and Yoo-hee standing

outside the demon's bedroom door listening. We go inside the room, and find the demon sitting on the floor at the foot of her bed. She's staring towards the ceiling and talking to her dead husband.)

SHS.....Seo Yoo-il, how could you do this to me? First it was Yoon Soon-hee, and then it was the flower shop owner. Then where do I fit in?

(She starts to laugh like a fool as a tear falls from the corner of her eye. But then, the laughter fades, the pain and agony appear on her face as she struggles not to cry.)

SHS.....What was I to you?

(She can no longer hide her pain as she starts to cry. Outside the bedroom, Ji-hwan is about to leave.)

KJH.....I'll come back tomorrow.

GS......Don't. I'll drag her to the hospital tomorrow.

(Just as Ji-hwan is about to leave, they all hear the demon start to scream in the room.)

SYH.....What's this noise?

(Ji-hwan goes back into the bedroom with Grandmother Seo and Yoo-hee right behind him. He finds the demon rolling around on the floor screaming.)

KJH.....Mother...Mother, what's wrong?

(The demon keeps crying and screaming.)

KJH.....Mother...Mother...

PREVIEW

(The demon is still screaming in an examining room with doctors. Her left leg is resting on a blanket as she's hitting it. Ji-hwan is standing beside her while Yoo-hee and her mother stand near the foot of the bed watching.)

SHS.....Help me.

(Mr. Kang is in his office and he's signing some papers in front of him.)

KJY.....I finished it today.

(Mr. and Mrs. Kang are in a Japanese restaurant having one last meal together. Mr. Kang reaches across the table to hand his wife the signed divorce papers.)

KJY.....It was like homework I didn't want to do.

(Mrs. Kang stares at the papers as her husband talks to her.)

(Mr. Kang is standing in the den with his hands shoved in his pant pockets. His bags are packed and sitting on the floor in front of him. He takes one last look around the room.)

(As he comes out into the living room, Ji-hwan, Dan-bi, Soon-pil, Soo-ah, and Eun-hwan are there to see him off.)

KJY.....I'm going to New York tomorrow.

(As he walks past his family, he shakes Eun-hwans hand, and his son begins to cry.)

(Eun-hwan has gone to the bakery and has walked into his mother's arms, crying.)

KJY's voice.....Then I'll never come back until I die.

(Eun-hwan's hugging his mother and crying on her shoulder.)

KEH.....And I couldn't stop Dad from leaving either.

Guest Bijan630

I guess I'm waiting for the impossible ... Hee-sook to become humbled by all the recent events. I'm happy she's being put in her place, though.

Hi kee-ling....I still don't hear her apologizing to anyone....especially Soon-hee!

WHAT BLOODY HECK!!

Now SoonHee is being a self-sacrificing idiot and she's lying to herself. <_<

Hopefully Ew-Hwan the Idiotic Big Baby can changer her mind and she calls Papa Kang...

And I because I'm in a cranky mood and I'm not in a forgiving mood...

I hope that they chop off Beeyatch's legs because of her selfish, self-serving idiotic antics

But then again, if that happens everyone will have to cater to her. It's horrible of me, but since she's a fictional person, give her cancer instead with lots of chemo and make her hair fall off.

noomma.....it's almost over, just hang in there for a little bit longer.

I still need to see more pain for the demon...then I 'll be OK

Don't you think the writers are having the demon get off a little too easy?

Can anyone tell me what happened to Sat-byul since the family moved back into Hell Central?

Also, why on earth did they bring Min-ju back at the end of this drama?

Here's yesterday's episode.....

Innocent You

EPISODE 117

Wednesday September 30, 2009

Seo Family

Kang Family

Side kicks

(Yesterday, we left the demon rolling around on the floor screaming. Ji-hwan was having difficulty with trying to communicate with it because of all of the noise it was making while Yoo-hee and Grandmother Seo didn't know what to do. Today's episode opens with Dan-bi walking along the sidewalk. Her cell phone rings, and it's Ji-hwan calling her.)

SDB on cell.....Hi Ji-hwan. I came to see Mother and I'm going home now. What's wrong? What's wrong with my Mom?

(The demon is sitting on a table in an examining room. Her left leg is resting on top of a folded blanket. A doctor is discussing the demon's condition with a nurse that's standing beside him. Ji-hwan is standing next to the doctor, while Grandmother Seo and Yoo-hee are standing at the foot of the examination table. The demon is holding it's leg and hitting it while crying.)

KJH.....Please calm down.

SHS.....What's wrong with my leg?

(The demon hits it's leg a couple of times, not having any feelings in it, and then reaches for Ji-hwan's hands.)

SHS.....You're a doctor. Why can't I move my leg?

(The demon tries to shake it's leg to make it move when Ji-hwan grabs it's paws.)

KJH.....Look at me.

SHS.....I'm scared....I'm scared...Am I never going to be able to use my leg? Help me....Help me...

KJH.....Look at me.

(Look...at...meee.....I'm as helpless, as a kitten, up a tree....)

KJH.....Trust me. I'll make sure you get the feeling back in your leg.

(Hey, Hey, Hey Heeeyyy!....I got no feelin'.....baby, baby, I got no feelin'.....James Brown...)

KJH.....Trust me.

(The demon shakes it's head while trembling and sobbing. We leave it and go back to find Dan-bi trying to hail a taxi, but not having any luck as she steps off the sidewalk and onto the street. She then decides to try and run, while holding her stomach, in order to get to her mother as fast as she can.)

SDB.....Mom....

(Of course, this stress, brings on pain, which causes her to drop to her knee in agony while holding her stomach.)

SDB.....Mom...

(She gets back up, and tries to run, and walk, as fast as she can. She finally makes it to the house where we see her bursting into the demon's bedroom. Ji-hwan, Grandmother Seo and Yoo-hee stand around while the demon sits on it's nest.)

SDB.....What happened?

SHS.....What am I going to do? I can't walk.

SDB.....What happened? Mom, you're scaring me.

KJH.....Calm down. She's been to the hospital. She suffered a stroke.

SDB.....Stroke?

SYH.....Yes, it's because she drank too much.

SDB.....What does she have to do?

KJH.....It's not serious. She didn't suffer any brain damage. She just has to follow her doctor's orders. I told you, if you want to walk again, stop drinking.

SYH.....She has to be crazy to drink now.

(Grandmother Seo shoves Yoo-hee with her elbow. Dan-bi puts her arms around the demon as the demon holds onto her for dear life.)

SHS.....Dan-bi, what am I going to do?

(Ji-hwan looks at the demon only because his concern isn't about her, his concern is for his wife and his child she's carrying. Ji-hwan is then in the kitchen throwing out every bottle and can of booze that he can find. He's got two boxes sitting on the table as he empties out the shelves in the refrigerator and the door of the refrigerator. There are empty bottles on the floor of the kitchen. Dan-bi has walked in carrying four empty bottles......99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer....if one of the bottles should happen to fall....)

KJH.....You should get some rest. You need to rest.

SDB.....I'll help.

KJH.....Listen to me.

SDB.....But I feel bad.

KJH.....I don't want you to get sick.

SDB.....All right.

KJH.....But you don't look so good. Is something wrong?

SDB.....I was shocked to hear my mom was sick. I prayed that my mom would be alright. I told myself that I'd accept anything she did. My mom's so much trouble, isn't she?

(We go back into the bedroom to find the demon passed out with her leg raised on some pillows. Grandmother Seo wringing out a damp towel to apply to the demon's leg while massaging it. Yoo-hee comes into the bedroom.)

SYH.....Aren't you going to sleep?

GS......Keep your voice down. She just fell asleep. Where's the kids?

SYH.....They wanted to stay, but I told them to go home.

GS......Good.

SYH.....Mom, you're going to make yourself sick. You should go to sleep. Ji-hwan's going to treat her.

(Grandmother Seo ignores her and applies the damp cloth to the demon's leg once more.)

SYH.....She won't even appreciate you doing that for her.

(Yoo-hee leaves the room as her mother gets up on her knees to continue massaging the demon's leg.)

(The next day brings us to Mr. Kang's office. His managers are with him and he saying his final good-bye to each of them as he shakes their hands.)

KJY.....Thank you for everything.

(One, by one, they each bow to him.)

KJY.....I'm counting on all of you.

Men.....Sure.

(They bow once more, and then leave the office, closing the door behind them. Mr. Kang steps back and takes his last look.)

(We then go over to Kangland as Eun-hwan opens the sliding doors to the den and steps in. He looks around and lets out a very heavy sigh. As he turns to leave the room, he notices the luggage that's packed near the wall. He takes another look around the room.)

(Back at the office, Mr. Kang is seated and he reaches into his breast pocket to pull out an envelope. He removes the paper from inside of it and looks at it. He then places it onto the table and places his signature on the divorce papers.)

(From there, we're taken to the orphanage where the children are out in the playground with the nuns. As we near the tables, we see Soon-hee serving fruit and drinks to the children. She smiles as she places a slice of fruit in a little girls mouth.)

(Well, while we're running around, we go over to check on the demon. Grandmother Seo and Yoo-hee don't know what to do as the demon is back to throwing a tantrum again in it's nest. It's picking up anything it can get it's hands on and throwing it around the room.)

SHS.....What's wrong with my leg? Why can't I feel my leg?

GS......Give it some time. In time, you'll get the feeling back in our leg.

SHS.....How do you know? You're not a doctor!

SYH.....You're son-in-law the doctor said that yesterday. Your leg's not going to be back to normal in just one day.

SHS.....Do something so I can feel my leg again.

(Just as the demon picks up a pillow to throw it, Dan-bi and Ji-hwan comes through the bedroom door ducking.)

SDB.....What's wrong?

SHS.....Dan-bi...Dan-bi, what am I going to do? I still can't feel my leg. Tell me the truth. Am I never going to get feeling in my leg again? By any chance, did you lie to me?

SYH.....You're so ungrateful. He took you to the hospital and made sure you were treated.

SHS.....Tell me! You told me to trust you. So I trusted you, but there's no progress!

(Ji-hwan has been watching her actions from the moment he walked through the door.)

KJH.....This is what you call trusting me? Huh?

(The demon looks at him as though she's confused and can't understand him.)

SHS.....What?

(Ji-hwan then becomes infuriated as he starts to look around the bedroom. Everyone watches as he goes to the wardrobe and starts searching through the clothing. He goes over to the next one and starts digging through more clothing.)

SYH.....What are you doing?

GS......What are you doing?

(The demon then gets a blank look on it's face and remains silent as Ji-hwan is getting closer to it's secret. He reaches into another area of the wardrobe, and finally pulls out a bottle of alcohol.)

SDB.....Mom, did you drink?

GS......Ohmo, you....You really are insane.

(Ji-hwan starts shaking the bottle in his hand as he stares at the demon.)

KJH.....What's this?

SHS.....I don't know. It's probably been there before.

KJH.....Don't lie to me! I got rid of all the liquor and confirmed it before I left. You don't seem to trust me, so go ahead and drink it. I'll go out and buy you another bottle of liquor. You can drink a bottle everyday. You can stay in bed for the rest of your life.

(Now he's gotten the demon's attention.)

SHS.....What did you say?

(Ji-hwan uncaps the bottle and shoves it into the demons paw.)

KJH.....Here. You don't trust me, so I don't want to take care of you. I'm not going to care. I won't care even if you're completely paralyzed.

SDB.....Ji-hwan...

SYH.....Hee-sook, do you really want to be paralyzed?

(They all watch as Ji-hwan heads for the bedroom door, but just before he reaches it, the demon speaks.)

SHS.....I won't...I won't drink again. I was in so much pain, so I...I won't drink again. Ever.

(Ji-hwan turns around to stare at the demon. Dan-bi, Yoo-hee, stare at the demon. Grandmother Seo starts to cry as she stares at the demon. I'm just sick of the demon.....)

(Gee, we have to go to the mausoleum with Yoo-hee and Soon-pil as they visit Yoo-il's urn. The both are carrying flowers and

Yoo-hee has a brown envelope under her arm. They both are standing before his final resting place.)

SYH.....My brother was a bad husband to Soon-hee, but he was my only brother.

YSP.....I know.

SYH.....I wanted my brother to be the first to know that we're married now.

SYH to SYI.....How have you been? Soon-pil and I just got a marriage license. Thankfully, Soon-hee gave us her permission.

SYH.....Why do I keep crying?

(Soon-pil takes his hand and places it on her shoulder.)

YSP to SYI.....It's me, Soon-pil. I don't have much to say. But I promise you one thing. Don't worry about Yoo-hee anymore. I won't cheat on her, and I won't leave her when she's pregnant like someone I know.

(Yoo-hee starts to cough out loud and Soon-pil turns to look at her.)

YSP.....I'm just saying I won't. Rest in peace.

(After leaving the mausoleum, we are now looking at a table that is covered with food in the Seo living room. Soon-pil and

Yoo-hee are standing before it as Grandmother Seo smiles at Soon-pil.)

YSP.....Let me formally bow to you Mother.

(Soon-pil quickly drops to his knees and his head touches the floor as he bows to Grandmother Seo. She in turn has bowed back to him and then Yoo-hee finally sits down.)

SYH.....Mom, here.

(Yoo-hee passes her mother with the marriage license. Grandmother Seo takes it and reads it. She then turns to Soon-pil, takes his hand within hers and shakes it.)

GS......Thank you.

YSP.....You shouldn't thank me. I'll love Yoo-hee and care for her the rest of my life.

GS......I just want to ask you one favor.

YSP.....Sure...

GS......I know it may be hard, but please think of Sat-byul as your own child even after you have your own child.

SYH.....Mom...

GS......Sat-byul never even saw her dad. She doesn't know what a father's love is like. Please make sure she grows up without any heartache.

YSP.....Don't worry. I'll love Sat-byul as much as our child when it's born soon.

GS......Thank you.

(Just as Grandmother Seo is about to bow her head, she has just caught on to what Soon-pil has just said to her and she stares at him.)

GS......But what child?

(Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee gasp at the same time as their mouths drop open. Yoo-hee automatically ducks and throws her arm up to cover her head expecting to be struck by her mother.)

GS......You mean, you...

SYH.....It sort of just happened, Mom...

(Yoo-hee then turns and slaps Soon-pil in the head.)

(Well, we've had enough of those fools and head over to a belly dancing class. What has happened to the housewife we once knew named Yoon Soon-hee? The instructor is directing them in their movement.)

INS.....Raise your right arm, now your left arm, and now your right arm.

(They then start shaking their hips.)

INS.....One, two, three, four.

(Next, with one hand behind their heads and the other resting on their hips, they swirl their hips in a circular motion.)

INS.....Like this. Turn around. One, two.

(Soon-hee has the biggest smile on her face and starts to laugh as she dances.)

INS.....And now, one, two, three.

(The class now steps sideways across the floor.)

INS.....Left, right, left. Right, left, right. Again, left, right, left.

(They then take a step forward, shake their hips, and then take the next step forward and shake their hips again.)

INS.....One, two, three, four, five.

(The class is taking a break as Soon-hee sits down to drink some water while talking on her cell phone.)

KSH on cell.....You don't have to come every day when you're busy. Is something wrong? What about your mother-in-law? What happened? A stroke?

(We're now with Ji-hwan at the hospital. He's finished taking the demon to her treatment, and as it hobbles along with it's crutch, he's talking to his mother on the phone.)

KJH.....She can hardly walk because she suffered a stoke.

(The demon hits him in his arm and he looks at it.)

SHS.....Hang up the phone.

KJH.....So I can't come to your bakery, Mom.

(The demon had started to lag behind, and struggles to catch up to Ji-hwan, then grab his arm.)

KJH.....I have to take cdare of my mother-in-law for a while. She's an alcoholic, so...

(The demon falls up against him and grabs the phone from him.)

SHS.....Do you look down on me because I'm helpless? You just wait and see. I'll get well and walk normally again. Let's see if you'll look down on me then.

KJH.....Yes, I have no intention of fighting with you when you're not well. So get well soon if you want to fight with me.

(The demon gives him a dirty look before it starts hobbling towards the staircase ahead of Ji-hwan. As it nears the landing, it stops, and stares down at all the steps in front of it. Ji-hwan walks over, then bends down for the demon to get on his back...)

SHS.....What are you doing?

KJH.....Don't waste your energy. I'll carry you.

SHS.....I never asked you to carry me.

KJH.....Okay, suit yourself.

(As he attempts to stand up, the demon grabs him by his shoulder.)

SHS.....You can't leave me here.

(The demon then jumps on his back carrying it's crutch in it's hand. Ji-hwan carefully walks down the steps.)

SHS.....It's your mom's fault that I ended up this way. You and your mom are the reason I drank.

(Ji-hwan smiles as he ignores what she's saying, knowing she's trying to start an argument with him.)

SHS.....So you should be carrying me. I'm lighter than Dan-bi, aren't I?

(The demon smiles as Ji-hwan glances back at her.)

KJH.....Oh, Mother...

(So, we leave them descending the stairs and go over to the bakery where Soon-hee is cleaing off a table.)

KSH to self.....She was so stong and full of energy, but she suffered a stroke? She's just so much trouble.

(Just as she's about to start cleaning again, she goes over to her computer and starts typing. She decides to get on-line and look up information for....."FOOD FOR STROKE PATIENTS". Once she hits enter, she pulls out a notepad and starts to jot down notes from various web-sites.)

(Well, it's back over to the Seo home and Yoo-hee has just opened the front door for Dan-bi to come in.)

SYH.....Dan-bi. You shouldn't have come. Ji-hwan told you not to come for a while because your mom wants to complain when she sees you.

SDB.....I know. I'll leave after I see her face.

(Dan-bi opens the bedroom door to find her Grandmother applying damp towels and massaging her mother's leg while the demon sleeps. She gets a faint smile on her face, but then she starts to feel a pain in her stomach. She bends over as she uses the wall to brace herself.)

(These writers are really trying to cram a lot of stuff in this episode. We leave Dan-bi with her pain, and go to the Japanese restaurant for dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Kang.)

KJY.....What? Aren't you going to eat?

KSH.....I'm just a little taken aback because you wanted to eat dinner with me.

KJY.....I didn't have time to eat dinner because I had some things to take care of. I wanted to eat with you before I left.

(Mrs. Kang looks up at her husband.)

KJY.....I'm going to New York tomorrow.

KSH.....So soon?

KJY.....Yes, I have a hectic schedule.

(A sad look suddenly comes over her face. Mr. Kang then reaches inside his breast pocket and pulls out the papers. He reaches across the table and places it in front of her.)

KJY.....Here.

(Mrs. Kang pulls the paper out of the envelope, and then slowly looks it over seeing her husbands signature. Her face shows sorrow as Mr. Kang tries to keep his spirits up.)

KJY.....I finished it today. It was like homework I didn't want to do. I didn't have time to submit it to court. Maybe I didn't have the courage. Your stronger than me. You submit it for me.

(She hasn't stopped staring at it since she opened it, and she just nods her head in agreement at his last request. Mr. Kang reaches into his breast pocket once more.)

KJY.....And here....

(He reaches across the table to place her wedding ring in her hand.)

KJY.....You should take this back. Even though our marriage is over, you should keep it as a memento. Let's not get rid of the memories. Take it back.

KSH.....Okay. Be healthy where ever you are.

KJY.....Sure. Maybe I'll meet a blond with blue eyes and start a new life. Then I'll never come back until I die.

KSH.....Good for you. You're already thinking about starting a new life.

KJY.....But you can't do that. If I hear that you remarried...I'll be hurt.

KSH.....Don't get sick and don't drink too much. Exercise regularly like you did here. Talk to the kids often. If you have time...call me too....Never mind. I'll ask the kids about you.

(Then, for the last time, Mrs. Kang picks up a piece of fish with her chop sticks, and places it on a spoonfull of rice that her husband has scooped out of his bowl. He puts the spoon in his mouth, but has a hard time eating it as his wife looks at his face.)

(The dinner has ended and Soon-hee has returned to her apartment. She walks in, and slowly sits down on her bed. She then reaches inside her bag and pulls out the divorce papers once more. Soon-hee holds it in her hands, and then has a strange look on her face which almost says, "Did I make the right decision?".)

(It's the next morning, and Mr. Kang is standing in the den with his hands shoved in his pants pocket. His luggage is packed and sitting on the floor in front of him. He takes one long, last look at the place he shared with his wife. He looks over towards his bedroom and thinks deeply, before he finally reaches down and picks up his suitcases. As he steps into the living room, he looks up to see his family, without his wife, waiting to see him off. Everyone is too sad to even look at him.)

KJY.....It's not like I'm going to die. Why the long faces?

KJH.....Let me carry that. I'll go with you to the airport.

KJY.....No, don't. Don't make this hard for me. You should go to work.

(Dan-bi has already turned on the water works.)

KJY.....This isn't like you. Where's the always cheerful daughter-in-law that I know?

SDB.....Father...

KJY.....Don't say anything if you're going to talk nonsense.

(Mr. Kang now walks over to Ji-hwan, touches his hand, and pats his shoulder. He then holds Dan-bi's hand as she stares into

his face. Next is Soon-pil.)

YSP.....You have to call us often.

KJY.....Okay.

(He then reaches Soo-ah who takes his hand and starts to cry.)

LSA.....Have a safe trip.

KJY.....Okay.

(When he reaches for Eun-hwan's hand, his son fights back the tears and puts his head down so no-one can see them.)

KEH.....Dad.

KJY.....Take care.

(Mr. Kang turns his head to look over his shoulder to keep from crying in front of his son.)

KJY.....I'm going now.

(He then rushes to the door, unable to handle this emotional farewell with his family.)

KJY.....Don't come out.

(Everyone's saddened by the Kangster's departure. We go over to the bakery and find Mrs. Kang, sitting at one of her tables staring at nothing. She hears the doorbell ring which snaps her out of it. As she looks up to greet her customer...)

KSH.....Hello.

(Her son, her clumsy, and immature baby has come through the door. She gets up to greet him.)

KSH.....Eun-hwan...

KEH.....Dad left. I feel so lonely and you were all I could think about. The person I wanted to see the most, was you Mom.

(He finally breaks down and rushes to his mothers arms. He wraps his arms around her and starts to cry on her shoulder.)

KEH.....Mom. I'm such a bad son. I couldn't stop you from leaving, and I couldn't stop Dad from leaving either.

(Mrs. Kang just holds her baby boy and pats him on his shoulder.)

(FINAL SCENE.....we go back to Kangland where Dan-bi is standing alone in the den. As she turns to walk out, she starts to double over, holding her stomach in pain. She drops down to the floor, letting go of her cell phone which falls in front of her. As she starts to roll onto her side in pain, her cell phone rings. She reaches for it, even though she's having a hard time breathing, and she answers it.)

KJY on cell.....It's me.

(We see the driver speeding along taking Mr. Kang to the airport.)

KJY on cell.....I forgot to tell you that I'm sorry for leaving before the baby's born. I bought something for the baby. It's in the closet.

SDB.....Father....

(Mr. Kang becomes alarmed at the sound of her voice.)

KJY.....What's wrong?

(Dan-bi is still down on the floor, and she drops the phone. Mr. Kang becomes worried.)

KJY on cell.....Hello? Dan-bi! Dan-bi!

(The driver now looks at Mr. Kang through the rear view mirror.)

DVR.....What's wrong?

(Mr. Kang quickly hangs up, then tries to call Ji-hwan. The phone is ringing, but Ji-hwan left it on his desk and it's on vibrate. He's listening to an infant heartbeat and is unable to hear his cell. Mr. Kang then tries to call Soon-pil who's busy talking to one of his customer's while doing her hair.)

YSP.....The location doesn't matter. What matters is who does your hair.

(Soon-pil had placed his phone in one of the trays...on vibrate...and is unable to hear it. Mr. Kang hangs up his phone then tells his driver....)

KJY.....Turn the car around.

DVR.....What?

KJY.....TURN THE CAR AROUND!

PREVIEW

(Mr. Kang is seated on a couch in front of the nurses desk as his wife walks up to him. He stands up to greet her, and then as they both are seated, she starts to cry.)

KSH.....Honey. They have to be all right.

(Ji-hwan is holding Dan-bi's hand as she's going through labor.)

KJY.....They'll be just fine.

(Dan-bi is staring at Ji-hwan.)

SHS's voice.....I shouldn't be here when my daughter's having a baby.

(Mr. Kang is sitting alone in the lounge area.)

(Mrs. Kang is sitting in the bakery on her cell.)

KSH.....Who died?

(The demon is on her cell and Grandmother Seo is next to her.)

SHS.....What?

(Mrs. Kang is seated somewhere.)

(We see some children running near some tables at a temple.)

(It's Mi-jin at a temple with some children.)

YMJ.....I did so many horrible things to you.

(We have Mr. Kang walking around somewhere, and then we see Mrs. Kang. Their images start to blend into each other.)

KJY.....Why did you do this to me?

(We Mr. and Mrs. Kang sitting in her apartment. Mr. Kang is emotionally devastated and she's reaching over to him to touch his shoulder. We fade out on Mrs. Kang's face, her hand covering her mouth as she cries.)

Guest Bijan630

I actually hate to say this, and it may sound weird, but the most beautiful part of this episode was not the birth of Dan-bi's daughter, but the death of Yim Mi-jin. The writers put a great deal of effect in depicting not only her final days at the temple, but in the final moments before she died.

Who would think that I would give credit to the writers for a scene having to do with one of the most hated characters in this drama? I also have to say this, even though I couldn't stand Yim Mi-jin, I had to respect her before she disappeared. I would even give her more respect than the demon, simply because in spite of Mi-jin's madness, she became sane enough to realize she had hurt a lot of people.

I don't think the writers are going to allow me to feel any sorrow for the demon.

Innocent You

EPISODE 118

Thursday October 1, 2009

Seo Family

Kang Family

Side kicks

Lee So-young.....The woman that Yoo-il had been in love with until the day he died after having another affair lasting 10

years that his wife didn't know of.

(Yesterday's episode ended with Mr. Kang on the way to the airport, but then ordering his assistant to go back to the house after not getting any response from Dan-bi over the phone. Dan-bi, had been home alone when he called. She had doubled over in pain and passed out on the floor.

Today, we pick up things at the airport. The bimbo photographer is waiting for the Kangster to go to New York with her. They's already announced that the passengers are boarding the plane.)

Announcer.....This is the final boarding announcement for Korean Air flight 086 bound for New York. Korean Air flight 086 is now boarding from gate 17. Thank you.

(The photographer checks her watch and then tries to call the Kangster.)

Cell.....Your call has been...

PHT on cell.....Jung-yong, what happened? Our flight is ready to depart. Where are you? Huh?

(We're at the hospital the sign on the door says, "DELIVERY ROOM", as a nurse goes through the door. We're shown another sign which shows the birth announcements and two names were flashing. Mr. Kang is sitting on a couch waiting in front of the nurses desk as his wife shows up.)

KSH.....Honey...

(He stands up to greet his wife.)

KJY.....Hi.

KSH.....Dan-bi went into early labor? Where's Ji-hwan?

KJY.....He's in the delivery room with her. Sit down.

KSH.....Dan-bi went into early labor because she's been under so much stress.

KJY.....She'll have a safe delivery. Don't worry.

KSH.....What are you doing here instead of being on your flight?

KJY.....Our daughter-in-law wouldn't let me go. I called her on my way to the airport and she sounded like she was in pain. It's a good thing I called her when I did. She was all alone in the house.

KSH.....They have to be all right. Dan-bi and the baby have to be all right.

KJY.....They'll be just fine. My daughter-in-law and my grandchild...

(We leave the hospital and go over to the Seo home. The demon is in it's next throwing a fit after hearing her off-spring went into labor. Oh, they brought Sat-byul back from hiatus...I'm just making that up since she hadn't been around lately.)

SHS.....I have to go there.

SYH.....You can't go in your condition.

SHS.....You can take me there.

GS......She can barely take care of herself. She can't take you. Just stay home.

SYH.....I'll go and see Dan-bi and the baby. Ji-hwan will come and pick you up later.

SHS.....It's all because of me. Dan-bi went into early labor because I gave her too much stress.

SYH.....You're speaking the truth for a change. Mom, I'll be back soon, okay?

GS......Don't worry about me. I'll watch her.

SHS.....What? You want her to watch me when she has dementia?

SSB.....I'll be here too Aunt.

SHS.....Oh, this is crazy. I can't believe this. I shouldn't be here when my daughter's having a baby. Dan-bi...

(It's back to the hospital and into the delivery room. Ji-hwan is by his wife's side as she's spread eagle, and dealing with the pain of childbirth. She moans, she groans, she sweats, and she strains as the contractions make her want to push. The doctor seems to be quite busy even though I don't know how he can see anything if the sheets are down over his hands and he's pretending to look for the crown of the baby's head.)

KJH.....Dan-bi, hang in there.

(Wow, what a flashback to have. She's sitting in front of her mother and father as she tells her mother.....)

SDB.....I can't get an abortion.

SHS.....Get up. You're going to be late for your appointment.

SDB.....No, mom. I think the baby knows. I don't have morning sickness anymore. I'm sleeping well and eating well. The baby doesn't want me to get rid of it.

(Back to reality for a bit as Ji-hwan holds her hand. She then gets another flashback to the time she ran away with Ji-hwan and stayed at a cozy little house. They were upstairs in the bedroom when Ji-hwan leaned over and started talking to her stomach.)

KJH.....Hi, Lotto.

SDB.....Silly...

KJH.....I'm Kang Ji-hwan. I'm your dad. Take care of yourself in there. We'll meet soon.

(Another reality check as she lets out another moan. She looks at Ji-hwan's face as she starts to loose consciencousness.)

KJH.....Dan-bi....Dan-bi...

(Mr. and Mrs. Kang nervously sit on the couch. Mrs. Kang gets up and is about to walk towards the doors of the delivery room when a team of horses comes racing down the corridor. It's Yoo-hee and Soon-pil, the comedy duo of this drama. Yoo-hee actually ran out of her shoes as she was coming down the corridor. Well, Soon-pil comes to a drastic stop in front of the Kangster.)

YSP.....Jung-yong, what are you doing here?

(Oh, I'm sorry, Eun-hwan and Soo-ah just appeared and everyone is running at top speed out of their shoes before coming near the waiting area.)

KEH.....Dad...

LSA.....What happened?

(Soon-pil turns around and looks at the birth announcement board. "CONGRATULATIONS MS. SEO DAN-BI HAD A PRINCESS" Ji-hwan comes out of the delivery room at that moment walking straight into his mother. Now everyone runs over and surrounds him.)

LSA.....What happened?

KJY.....Are they both okay?

KJH.....Yes...

(Ji-hwan smiles from ear to ear. Soon-pil jumps up and door on the floor, everyone's ecstatic. They're just calling the demon now as Grandmother Seo tries to listen in on the cell call.)

SHS on cell.....She had the baby?

(Grandmother Seo puts her hands together and bows with joy while sitting on the edge of the bed.)

GS......Thank you. Thank you.

SHS on cell.....What did she have? Is it a boy or a girl? A girl? Does she look like Dan-bi?

(We're back at the hospital as Soon-pil walks with his arm around Yoo-hee while she's on her cell. They come into a lounge area and take a seat.)

SYH.....I don't know that yet. I haven't seen the baby.

(Seo home)

SHS on cell.....Why not? They usually show the baby?

(Lounge)

SYH on cell.....The baby's premature, so it's underweight.

(Soon-pil grabs the cell phone from her.)

YSP.....The baby's in the incubator because she had jaundice. You'd better come to your senses and stop drinking.

(Seo home)

SHS.....What?

(Soon-pil runs like, "The Penguin", from Batman and Robin with Yoo-hee trailing behind him as the family gathers in front of the nursery window. The all watch as Ji-hwan walks with his wife over to the incubator to get their first good look at their daughter.)

SDB.....This, is out Lotto?

KJH.....Yes, she's our Lotto.

KJH to baby.....Lotto, can you hear our voices?

SDB.....It's me, your mom. Mom's sorry. I'm sorry you're in there instead of being with me. I'm really sorry.

(The camera then does a shot of all the attentive faces staring through the glass window. By the time they reach Soon-pil, his face shows that he's been giving a huge reality check as to what's in store for him.)

(Okay, Mr. Kang is already seated at a Japanese restaurant. As the door slides open, he comes Soon-pil, Eun-hwan, and Soo-ah.)

KJY.....You haven't eaten yet, have you?

(Rather than sitting down, the three have all kneeled before the Kangster and are holding their heads down. This was totally unexpected and has taken him by surprise.)

KJY.....What's with you kids?

YSP.....Jung-yong, I'm begging you, please don't leave.

KEH.....Dad, what are we going to do without you? We can't let you leave.

LSA.....Father, I'll be good. I'll be even better than Dan-bi, so don't leave.

KJY.....All I wanted to do was to have lunch with you.

YSP.....I'm begging you. Dan-bi went into early labor while desperately trying to keep our family together. If you won't listen, we're going to have to resort to physical force to make you stay.

KEH.....That's right! For Dan-bi's sake, don't leave. Reconcile with Mom!

KJY.....Stop it, everyone.

LSA.....Father...

KEH.....Dad...

YSP.....Jung-yong...

(Well, Mr. Kang is now in the lounge area of the hospital and he's taken a seat at one of of the tables. He opens a drink from the vending machine and takes a sip while thinking of Dan-bi's words to him.)

SDB's voice.....Father, I think the baby couldn't let you leave.

(Our next view is a crutch, which is under the armpit of the demon, who's being guided to the nursery by Ji-hwan. As she reaches the window, she strains her eyes looking for her grandchild.)

KJH.....Look over there, Mother. It's your granddaughter.

(She demon tries to get up on her toes to get a better look at the infant with the pink blanket laying in the incubator.)

KJH.....Isn't she pretty?

(The demon starts to cry.)

KJH.....Mother, do you know that I was born premature too? The hospital thought I couldn't make it, but look at me now. I'm healthy. Your granddaughter will be just fine.

(The camera does a close up of the infant crying.)

KJH.....Mother, you should go home now.

(The demon then turns to Ji-hwan...)

SHS.....Can you make me get well soon? I'll do whatever you tell me to do. I want to get well soon. It'll be tragic if I can't even hold my granddaughter or carry her. Ji-hwan, I'll trust you. Please help me get well.

(Ji-hwan nods his head in agreement as the demon takes his hands and holds them within her paws. He then places his arm around her shoulder as he helps her leave the nursery. The demon is now caressing her daughters hair while she sleeps.)

SHS.....I'm sorry, my daughter. I'm a terrible mother.

(Again, the demon starts to cry and she wipes the tears from her eyes as she looks at her daughter. The demon turns and slowly hobbles out the room. We find her making her way out of the hospital heading towards the street to try and catch a cab. As she sees one approaching, she tries to hail it wabing her arm.)

SHS.....Taxi...Taxi...

(She loses her balance and falls onto the ground grabbing her numb leg.)

SHS.....Ow, Ow, how terrible...

(Just as she reaches for her crutch and is about to try and get up, we hear footsteps coming towards her and then a skirt standing in front of the demon. As she glances up, she pulls out her arrogance card and starts wiping the dirt off her hands while still sitting on the ground.)

SHS.....What are you gawking at?

(Mrs. Kang is towering over her as she stares at the demon on the ground. She's truly annoyed at this creature.)

SHS.....Are you enjoying this?

(Mrs. Kang offers the demon her hand as it reaches for it's crutch once again.)

SHS.....Get your hand away from me.

KSH.....Take my hand and I'll take you home.

SHS.....Do you look down on me because I'm not well now?

KSH.....Take my hand.

SHS.....I said take your hand away from me.

(Mrs. Kang has had enough of the demon's crap. She reaches down and snatches the demon up off the ground startling it.)

KSH.....You just don't listen, do you?

(Mrs. Kang cell phone rings, and as she's about to answer it, she grabs the demon by her waist and holds onto her.)

KSH.....Hold onto me.

KSH on cell.....Oh, Ji-hwan. Your mother-in-law's with me. Yes, I thought you might be looking for her. Don't worry about her. I'll take her home. Aigoo, yes, she's such a pest. Fine, bye.

(During that entire conversation, the demon had been giving Soon-hee quick glances over her shoulder, but for the first time since this drama began, she kept her trap shut. She must be afraid that Soon-hee might actually kick her butt now....hold on, I spoke too soon....read...)

SHS.....What? Did you just call me a pest?

KSH.....That's right, an annoying pest!

(The demon then tries to struggle and get free of Soon-hee.)

SHS.....Let go of me. I'll go home alone.

(Soon-hee tightens her grip on the demon as she grabs her back and grits her teeth.)

KSH.....I don't care if you fall and hurt yourself. But I'm taking you home because I don't want Ji-hwan to worry about you. Don't be so dense. Do you think he wants to be with you instead of being by his wife's side?

SHS.....Oh my God. I left without telling them so I wouldn't bother them.

KSH.....Then why didn't you leave before I saw you? Why did you have to look so pathetic?

SHS.....Pathetic?

(Before the demon can say another word, Soon-hee hails a cab.)

KSH.....Taxi...

(It's occupied and ends up passing them by.)

KSH.....Let's not fight today. Today's a happy day. Our granddaughter was born.

(Finally, a cab pulls up and stops for them. As Soon-hee helps the demon get into the cab, the demon stops to look at her. Soon-hee smiles at her, and then the demon crawls into the back seat.)

(We're back in front of the nursery. Mr. Kang is standing there, admiring his granddaughter as Dan-bi walks up beside him.)

SDB.....Who do you think she looks like, Father?

KJY.....Well....She looks a lot like you.

SDB.....To me, she looks a lot like you, Father.

KJY.....Oh, oh, that's not good. She's going to need a lot of plastic surgery.

(Dan-bi gets quiet and looks at her father-in-law's eyes.0

SDB.....Don't leave Father.

KJY.....Why is everyone telling me that today?

(She reaches for his hand and holds it.)

SDB.....If you weren't here, I don't think I could've been strong and hung in there. I'm begging you Father. Just the fact that you're here gives everyone strength.

KJY.....Everything will be fine without me here.

SDB.....But the family can't be united if you're not here. How can we live in that house without you and Mother?

KJY.....Dan-bi...

SDB.....I want my baby to have her grandfather with him.

KJY.....That's enough.

KJH.....Don't go.

(Dan-bi turns around to see Ji-hwan behind her. He walks over to them.)

KJH.....Don't go Dad.

KJY.....Not you too.

KJH.....I thought I should let you leave because I felt it was my duty to let you live your life your way. But now that I have a daughter, I really don't want you to leave Dad. Let's go back to the way we were Dad.

KJY.....Don't say anymore. I've already made my decision. That's enough. This is really hard on me.

(Mr. Kang then walks off as Dan-bi and her husband simultaneously turn around to watch him leave.)

(Later that evening, Mr. Kang is walking down the street toward his wife's apartment. He's carrying a plastic bag in his hand, and as he nears the building, he stops to look up at it. Just turning the corner up the street is Mrs. Kang, and as her husband is about to leave, he turns and sees her standing in front if him.)

KSH.....Honey.

KJY.....I thought we should celebrate the birth of our first grandchild.

(Mrs. Kang has a hesitant look on her face, but then begins to smile. Once they're upstairs in her apartment, we see several cans of beer and some nuts already on the small serving table. The Kangster has slammed a can down on the little table and then crushes it within his hand. Mrs. Kang reaches over to try and remove it from his hand. Oh, I forgot to mention, the Kangster is really drunk about now as he leans from side to side while sitting on the floor.)

KSH.....You should get some sleep. You had a lot to drink.

KJY.....I resent you, but I long for you. I change my mind many times a day. I resent you for deceiving me for so many years. But then I miss you at the same time. Why did you do this to me? Why did you break up our marriage? I wish I could go back. I want to turn everything back to the way we were. I'm so lost.

(Mr. Kang's face has turned red as he starts crying. Mrs. Kang stares at her poor husband, and a tear falls from her cheek. Mr. Kang slowly starts leaning forward as he cries even harder. Mrs. Kang raises her hand, and tries to reach over and comfort her husband, but stops herself. Mr. Kang has now been crying to the point of having mucus hanging from his nose along with tears rolling down his face and hanging along his chin. This is not a pretty sight. I just don't understand why Mrs. Kang can't confort her husband as she cries.

The next morning, we find out that Mrs. Kang had fallen asleep with her head in her arms, in an upright position at the foot of the bed. As she awakens, she slowly starts to stretch her arms out. When she lifts her head up to look at the bed, her husband had already gotten up early and left the apartment. He must have cleaned the place up a bit before leaving as Mrs. Kang slowly looks around her apartment. She seems lost as she stares at his picture in the frame once again. She starts crying all over again.)

(We find ourselves back at the hospital and as Ji-hwan is coming up the staircase, a nurse is running down them in a hurry. Ji-hwan grabs her by her shoulders to stop her.)

KJH.....What's the matter?

NRS.....One of the babies is in critical condition.

(The nurse takes off again and Ji-hwan panics. He races up the steps and runs down the hall to the nursery. When he looks through the glass, he sees the incubator that held his daughter is now empty. He starts to hit the glass trying to get the nurses attention.)

KJH.....Excuse me. Where's my baby?

(A nurse opens the door to the nursery and comes out. Ji-hwan then grabs her by her arms.)

NRS.....May I help you?

KJH.....I'm Kang Ji-hwan. Where's my baby? Where's our baby?

NRS.....Calm down. Your baby's no longer in the incubator. She's been placed in the nursery because her condition improved a lot.

(Ji-hwan leans back against the glass window and finally is able to breath. The nurse leans over and touches his arm.)

NRS.....Are you all right?

KJH.....Yes. I just thought the worse for a minute. Where's my baby?

(She smiles and gently turns Ji-hwan around.)

NRS.....Look.

(One of the nurses has just picked up his daughter.)

NRS.....Over there.

(He finally sees her and he starts to smile to the point of laughter. Just then, Dan-bi comes off the elevator and sees him standing there.)

SDB.....Ji-hwan...

(She comes rushing over and he puts his arm around her as he shows her their daughter.)

KJH.....Look.

SDB.....Our baby? She made it through.

(The nurse goes back inside the nursery, picks up their daughter, and brings her outside the room placing her in her mother's arms for the first time. Ji-hwan smiles as he looks over his wife's shoulder at his daughter.)

SDB.....Thank you. Thank you so much. Everything will be fine. Everything.

(The camera pulls back for the picture perfect moment of a mother holding her child while wrapped in her husband's embrace as he places his hand on his daughter.)

(Okay, we left the hospital and the first thing we see is the framed picture of Mr. and Mrs. Kang. We're at the bakery and Mrs. Kang is sitting down at one of the tables with an empty look on her face. Her cell phone rings, and she looks at the number before answering it.)

KSH on cell.....Yes? Yes, I'm Yoon Soon-hee.

(Her facial expression changes.)

KSH on cell.....Who died?

(Mrs. Kang is now climbing steps and heading towards a temple. She walks along a path lined with colored lanterns. We get a glimpse of the architecture and designs on the temple. We see a bell with a fish hanging from it on a building. We see a giant bell and a huge old tree trunk that used to ring the bell hanging in front of it.

There's a dragon head carved into the wood design. A stone beast standing guard. A portrait of a man trying to pull a stubborn cow. Another portrait of a man riding a white cow while playing his flute. A flower amongst the tall blades of grass. Then finally, Mrs. Kang being lead by a monk to the room in which Yim Mi-jin spent her final days.)

MNK.....This is where Mi-jin spent her last days before she passed away.

KSH.....Did she die peacefully?

MNK.....Yes.

KSH.....Did she die lonely?

MNK.....No, the young monks who took to her were with her.

(Mrs. Kang walks towards a step and looks inside the room. The monk reaches down and picks up a box wrapped in red, white, and blew scarf, and gives it to Mrs. Kang.)

MNK.....She wanted you to have this.

(As she takes the box from him, the monk puts his hands together and bows before leaving her. Mrs. Kang then sits down in front of the doorway to the room and removes the lid from the box. The first thing she sees is the picture of herself, Ji-hwan, and Mi-jin that had been taken outside in their yard. Mrs. Kang reaches in and pulls out a diary. She opens it and starts to read the pages.)

YMJ's voice.....Now my life is finally peaceful. I keep thinking about you Mother. I think it means that I don't have many days left to live

(As Mrs. Kang looks inside the room, we are shown Yim Mi-jin sitting on one of the tables in the sun under the colored lanterns. There are three young monks playing near her.)

YMJ's voice.....You asked me why I didn't expose all of your past.

(Mi-jin laughs as the boys play. She then looks down at her diary and starts to write.)

YMJ's voice.....It's because I realized that I lost. I realized that I could never break up your marriage.

(The three little monks run over towards Mi-jin and sit next to her as they ask her to blow on a pinwheel.)

YMJ's voice.....Thinking back, I did so many horrible things to you.

(We now see Mi-jin sitting on the floor in her room. She's rocking back and forth holding her stomach. She doubles over in pain and crawls along the floor trying to reach her bottle of painkillers.)

YMJ's voice.....Maybe that's why I'm being punished.

(She snatches the bottle, sending the cap across the floor and spilling pills all over the place as she pours them into the palm of her hand trembling hands and shoves them in her mouth.)

YMJ's voice.....But I still want to hang onto my life.

(She almost chokes on them as the pain takes control of her body causing her to suffer with no relief in sight.)

YMJ's voice.....I want to live an honest life.

(She lays her head down on the floor, grabbing her stomach, praying for the pills to take affect and dull the pain one more time.)

YMJ's voice.....I want to live.

(The image of Mi-jin laying on the floor slowly fades away, bringing us back to Mrs. Kang staring inside the empty room with the box on her lap.)

YMJ's voice.....I want to live, Mother.

(We're shown the many branches of the top of a tree....)

YMJ's voice.....If you have problems with your husband because of what I did to you,

(We follow the limbs of the tree, down it's trunk, and find two of the little monks sitting on a branch playing.)

YMJ's voice.....I'll have to pay for it even after I die.

(When we reach the base of the tree, we find Mi-jin sitting there hugging two little monks. We then see Mrs. Kang walking over to another part of the temple, and she opens Mi-jin's diary to start reading it again.)

YMJ's voice.....It's my last wish.

(As Mi-jin sits by the tree, he face is ashen, her lips are dry and parched. Two more children come over to her....)

MNK.....I'm sleepy.

(Mi-jin reaches out her hand to the child, and they all nestle around her. She puts her arms around them and they rest their heads on her to go to sleep. Mi-jin slowly closes her eyes as she holds them.)

YMJ.....I'm sleepy too.

(The camera comes in for a close up of Mi-jin closing her eyes at she lays her head on top of one of the children.)

YMJ's voice.....If I have one last wish, it's that even if I'm reborn with a difficult past,

(Mi-jin is curled up with the children, and a group of rocks had been piled up to surround them as they sleep against the tree. When we get to look in front of Mi-jin, we see the picture of Mrs. Kang, Ji-hwan, and Mi-jin resting on top of the rocks. Her body has now gone limp and her arms that were embracing the children while they slept, now hang down around them, while her head still rests on top of one of the little monks.

YMJ's voice.....I want to overcome it like you did and live an honest life.

(The camera pulls back to this beautiful but sad view of this old tree with it's thick limbs and branches. The earth was beneath her, the sky was above her, she was embraced by the warmth and pure love of these four children, and had the sturdy tree behind her. Her face was peaceful, and all of her pain, both physical and emotional, are now gone forever.

Mrs. Kang is now walking down to the tree, and looks at the place that Mi-jin took her last breath. As she stares at the base of the tree, she's crying for Mi-jin. Her cell phone then starts to ring. When she answers it, her voice is choking back the tears.)

KSH on cell.....Hi Ji-hwan. Really?

(Mrs. Kang starts to smile and she throws her arms up and starts running back up the hill to leave the temple.)

(FINAL SCENE.....We are back at the hospital, and Mrs. Kang is now standing in front of the nursery window, staring at her granddaughter. She's so overjoyed as she looks at her, that she's doesn't even hear her husband walk up next to her.)

KJY.....Hi.

KSH.....Oh, she came out of the incubator.

KJY.....Yes. I heard and came right away.

KSH.....Where have you been? You shouldn't have left without having breakfast.

KJY.....I was embarrassed that I got drunk in front of you. I went to the office to take care of some things.

AST.....Mr. Kang.

(Mr. Kang looks up and sees his assistant walking towards him.)

KJY.....I said I was leaving nd now I'm bothering you again.

AST.....That's not true sir. I should work for you until you leave.

(The assistant reaches into his inner breast pocket and pulls out another plane ticket for Mr. Kang.)

AST.....Here's your plane ticket.

(Mrs. Kang glances over her husband's shoulder at the ticket. Her face becomes sad again.)

KJY.....Thank you.

(Mr. Kang stands there for a moment staring down at the ticket in his hand. He then turns to his wife.)

KJY.....I have to go somewhere now. Do you want me to drop you off?

KSH.....No, you go ahead.

KJY.....Okay.

(As Mr. Kang turns and leaves, his assistant bows to Mrs. Kang. As they walk away, the smile and happiness she felt while looking at her granddaughter has gone. We leave with a parting shot of a truly sad woman who's still in love with her husband.)

NO PREVIEW

Guest Bijan630

Final Episode

Innocent You

EPISODE 119

Friday October 2, 2009

Seo Family

Kang Family

Side kicks

(This is it everyone, the end of another Korean drama. At the end of yesterday's episode, Mr. and Mrs. Kang were looking at their granddaughter in front of the nursery together. Mr. Kang's assistant showed up to give Mr. Kang his new airline ticket. Mrs. Kang's expression had changed from joy to sadness in the moment. Her husband offered her a ride since he was leaving to take care of something. She refused, and was left standing in front of the nursery alone, watching her husband walk out of her life.

Today's episode begins with Ji-hwan watching the physical therapist working with the demon on the treadmill.)

PHY.....Left your left foot. Raise it higher.

(Next she's on the bicycle and Ji-hwan stands behind her to watch her progress.)

PHY.....Press it with your right foot.

(Ji-hwan bends over and gives the demon words of encouragement as she tries to endure the pain.)

KJH.....Put a little more pressure on it.

PHY.....Okay, repeat that.

(Next, she attempts to walk while holding onto the rails. The therapist is giving her instructions, and she stops to bend down and rub her leg.)

KJH.....Mother, don't even dream of babysitting your granddaughter if you can only walk this much.

(The demon stares at him, her forehead has beads of persperation across it. She then straightens her back, and attempt to walk on her left leg again.)

(After her therapy treatment is over, Ji-hwan helps the demon to walk into a restaurant for lunch. Once inside, the demon happens to look up and see Lee So-young seated at a table eating. She puts her head down and decides to leave the restaurant.)

SHS.....Let's go somewhere else.

KJH.....What's wrong?

(The demon takes his hand and tries to turn him around to leave, but Ji-hwan looks around the restaurant.)

SHS.....Let's just go somewhere else.

(He happens to spot Lee So-young, still not knowing her by face, and looks at the demon.)

KJH.....Do you know her?

SHS.....It's your late father-in-law's mistress. I don't want her to see me like this. It hurts my pride.

KJH.....You don't have to avoid her.

(Ji-hwan walks directly over to Lee So-young.)

SHS to self.....He just doesn't listen.

(As Lee So-young continues to eat, Ji-hwan interrupts her.)

KJH.....Excuse me.

LSY.....Are you talking to me?

KJH.....Yes, my late father-in-law's name was Seo Yoo-il.

LSY.....And?

(He turns and shows her the demon, still standing in the doorway, but too embarrassed to look the woman in the face.)

KJH.....You should apologize to my mother-in-law. I understand that you never formally apologized to her. I want you to hurry up and apologize to her.

LSA.....I've done nothing to apologize to her for.

KJH.....You've done nothing to apologize for? Do you know how much pain you've inflicted on her and my wife with your actions? It wouldn't be enough if you went down on your knees and begged her for forgiveness. Apologize to her!

(The other customers in the restaurant turn around and start to stare. Lee So-young, picks up her pocketbook, and decides to leave without saying a word. When she gets in front of the demon, she pauses for a moment, and then walks out. Then demon watches her leave, and then turns to look at Ji-hwan.)

KJH.....Come on Mother. Let's sit down.

(Once they're seated at the table, their food has been served and Ji-hwan removes the lid from the soup bowl for the demon.)

SHS.....How embarrassing. You told the whole restaurant that I lost my husband to some tramp.

KJH.....What are you embarrassed about? You can be confident in front of that woman. She's the one who should be ashamed. She turned red and ran when I told her to apologize to you.

SHS.....So embarrassing.

KJH.....Hey, I told you, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. There's only one person you should be embarrassed in front of.

SHS.....Who?

KJH.....My mom.

(The demon looks at Ji-hwan and becomes silent while he smiles at her.)

(We leave them to enjoy their meal and go over to the hospital. Eun-hwan has stepped off the elevator and is going to sneak a peak at his niece. He hestitates a little, but when he stands in front of the glass, he places his hands on it as if he were a child looking at all the candy in a candy shop. He looks down at his niece who's sleeping peacefully.)

KEH.....Hi! You're Lotto. I'm your uncle.

(He smiles and laughs nervously as he taps on the glass trying to wake her. We now go into Dan-bi's room and she's packing her bag when there's a knock at the door. She turns to see her brother-in-law walk through the door.)

SDB.....Eun-hwan, what are you doing here?

KEH.....I had lunch with someone in the area.

SDB.....Did you see your niece?

KEH.....Yes. She's pretty. She's blessed with good looks like her parents.

SDB.....Your baby will be more blessed in the looks department.

(Eun-hwan has been nervous ever since he walked into the room to speak with Dan-bi.)

KEH.....Dan-bi...

SDB.....Yes?

(He bows his head down.)

KEH.....Forgive me. Forgive me for saying that you should divorce Ji-hwan. Forgive me for saying that you should leave. Forgive me for saying that we weren't family.

(Well, that was cut short. We have been thrown into a coffee shop with Mrs. Kang and Ji-hwan sitting at a table. She places a seal and a bankbook in front of him.)

KSH.....Here.

KJH.....What's this?

KSH.....Yim Mi-jin left it to me before she died.

KJH.....She died?

KSH.....Yes. It was her life's savings. You should donate it to a charity she would've wanted to.

KJH.....All right.

KSH.....I know how you must feel.

KJH.....I thought I wouldn't be sad...

KSH.....I read her diary. She wrote that she learned about love watching your dad and me together. She thanked me for making her see what true love was. She'd think she had been fooled if she knew that your dad and I are separated.

(Mother and son sadly look at one another as they think of Yim Mi-jin one last time.)

(We're on the move again as we go over to the Seo home. The demon is laying on the bed trying to massage her left leg.)

SHS to self.....If he wanted to defend me, he should've defended me all the way.

(When she hears the door opening, the demon quickly lays down and pretends to be asleep. Grandmother Seo has come into the room with a basin of water and a towel to continue massaging the demons leg again. As the door slams shut behind her, she hesitates, hoping that it didn't wake the demon up.

She slowly walks over to the bed, and climbs up on his to be able to kneel down near the demon's leg. She places a towel under the face basin to keep the bed from getting wet. She takes another towel and soaks it into the water, then wrings it out. As she gently lays the towel on the demons leg, and starts massaging it, the demon can no longer pretend to be sleeping.)

SHS.....Put that away.

GS......You weren't sleeping?

SHS.....How can I sleep when you keep sneaking in and scaring me in the middle of the night?

GS......Lay back down. I'll massage your leg.

SHS.....Don't bother. I don't appreciate you doing this.

GS......I know...

SHS.....Then why do you keep doing it?

GS......Hee-sook/daughter-in-law...I lost my only son. You may hate him, but he was everything to me. He was more important than life itself. You were his wife. That means you're my child as well.

SHS.....Who needs enemies with a mother-in-law like you?

GS......Fine, I know I haven't been a good mother-in-law to you. But I'll be like a mother to you from now on. Also, I'll make it up to you until the day I die for what my son did to you. I'll make sure you walk normally again. I'll sell my leg if I have to, but I'll make sure you walk normally again!

(The demon had quietly listened to her mother-in-law for the first time as she heard the words being spoken from Grandmother Seo's heart. The tears fall down her face as she glances over at her mother-in-law, still not wanting to look at her and trying to maintain her sense of pride. She tries to wipe her face and nose with the back of her paw before speaking.

Grandmother Seo is already in tears.)

SHS.....No one wants your leg when you have arthritis.

GS......I can't stop crying....

(Grandmother Seo picks up the face basin, while trying to wipe her eyes. She gets up off the bed to leave the room.)

GS......Get some rest.

(She turns around while the demon is still crying, and says one more thing to her.)

GS......There's something in the drawer. Soon-hee wanted me to give it to you.

(Grandmother Seo looks over her shoulder one more time, before leaving the room. The demon glances in her direction, and slowly drags her body across the bed to reach down and open up the drawer of the night stand. She finds an envelope, pulls it out of the draw, and then straightens herself up in the bed before pulling out it's contents and staring at it.)

SHS.....I'm the owner of this place? Kim Hee-sook?

(As she starts to read through the documents in disbelief, the door opens slightly and Yoo-hee pokes her head in.)

SYH.....You saw it? You're the owner of the condo. Actually, my mom's name was never on the title. Soon-hee and my mom put it in your name from the beginning. I have to admit I was opposed to it because I was afraid you might throw us out again.

(With that said, Yoo-hee closes the door leaving the demon speechless. The demon then looks back at the documents in her hand and starts to tremble and cry.)

SHS.....Are they crazy? I might throw them out.

(The demon, no longer filled with rage, hatred, and anger, finally breaks down and cries.)

(Come on, keep up, we've be taken over to the bakery. Soon-hee is checking on her merchandise as she places a tray down and is about to start cleaning. She hears the bell over the door ring and looks up to greet her customer.)

KSH.....Welcome, may I help you?

(Coming through the door, hobbling on it's crutch is the demon. She stumbles along until she faces Soon-hee, but doesn't receive a warm reception as Soon-hee stares at her.)

KSH.....What are you doing here?

(A customer calls for some assistance.)

CUS.....Excuse me...

KSH.....Yes?

(Just as Soon-hee is about to wait on her customer, the demon rushes towards her...)

SHS.....Selling one more rice cake's not important right now.

KSH.....What's wrong?

SHS.....You're so frustrating. I heard your husband's leaving today.

KSH.....So what am I supposed to do when we've decided to go our separate ways?

SHS.....I lived with my husband but his heart was elsewhere. But you and your husband are separated, yet his heart belongs to you. Are you going to let him leave when he said you were the only woman in his heart and always will be? Are you out of your mind?

(Soon-hee won't look in the demon's face, nor respond to her.)

SHS.....Go beg him for forgiveness. Beg him to forgive you for deceiving him for so many years.....and, reconcile with him.

(Soon-hee looks at the demon and sighs. She never thought in her entire life she would be lectured about relationships from this woman.)

SHS.....Only then can I start my life over too!

(Soon-hee looks at the demon as it raises it's voice to her. With these next words, the demon start hestitating and choking as they slowly come out of her mouth.)

SHS.....I...I came to apologize. I came...to beg for your forgiveness.

(A surprised expression comes across Soon-hee's face as she can't believe what she just heard.)

KSH.....Apologize?

SHS.....That's right. I...I'm really...really...sorry.

(Soon-hee's speechless as the demon holds back her tears and tries to get the courage to finish saying what she came there to say.)

SHS.....I only realized how much I hurt you after having the same thing I did to you happen to me.

(The demon clears her throat, and then continues talking.)

SHS.....I'm shameless to even ask you this, but...but...please forgive me.

(Soon-hee stares long and hard at the demon's face.)

SHS.....I sincerely....beg you for your forgiveness.

(The demon deeply lowers her head, bowing it before Soon-hee.)

SHS.....I'm going to come to my senses and live an honest life from now on. I'm going to start my life over.

So...please...reconcile with your husband so I can live a decent life now.

(Soon-hee goes into a state of shock as a tears falls down her cheek. She never thought she'd live long enough to hear these words coming out of the mouth of the woman she despised, and hated her entire life.)

SHS.....Please....

(The demon doesn't wait for an answer from Soon-hee. She turns and quietly hobbles back towards the door to leave. Soon-hee stands their motionless as the tears keep falling from her eyes.)

(It's time to go over to Kangland. The Kangster has just come out of his bedroom with his assistant carrying his luggage right behind him. As he steps into the living room, he looks up to see Dan-bi holding his granddaughter, Ji-hwan, Soon-pil, Soo-ah, and Eun-hwan all standing before him. Soon-pil takes the first stand in order to stop his brother-in-law from leaving.)

YSP.....Don't go! Aren't you ever going to see us again?

KJH.....Dad, I grew up without any grandfathers. I want my daughter to grow up with her grandfather.

KJY.....I have to leave today. I'm already late for a function.

SDB.....Father...

LSA.....Father....

KEH.....Dad...don't go!

KJY.....I don't like long goodbyes! Come on, be cool, kids. Huh?

KJY to AST.....Go and start the car.

(The assistant then stands in front of him...)

AST.....Mr. Kang.

KJY.....Not you too? Come on.

(Over towards the entrance, the door has just opened and Soon-hee has just run into the living room completely out of breath. Everyone turns and is shocked to see her standing there.)

LSA.....Mother...

YSP.....Sis...

(Mr. Kang stands there with his hands shoved in his pants pockets looking at his wife.)

KJY.....What are you doing here?

KSH.....I was afraid that you'd already left.

KJY.....Ah...I'm on my way out. You didn't have to come. I saw you the other day.

KSH.....Can't I see you everyday?

(Mr. Kang blinks and looks harder at his wife.)

KSH.....Honey, let's see each other everyday, please...I don't think I can live without seeing you. Even if we end up hurting each other, let's live together. Let's understand and lean on each other.

(The camera goes down the line-up as each head turns towards the Kangster. The ball is in his court, and he has to make the final decision. Mr. Kang thinks for a moment, then look up at all of the faces staring at him. He inhales, lets out a deep sigh, and....)

KJY.....Take care, everyone.

(Without any further hesitation, he briskly walks passed everyone and heads towards the door. The assistant stumbles on the steps as he tries to catch up to Mr. Kang.)

LSA.....Father...

YSP.....Jung-yong...

(Mrs. Kang is left, standing in front of her family.)

SDB.....Mother

(She puts on a smile and looks at them.)

KSH.....I'm all right.

(We go back up the line with Eun-hwan looking towards his wife, and so on. The camera goes back to her face, showing her with a cheerful smile as if nothing has happened and she's doing well.)

(After leaving Kangland, Soon-hee returned to her bakery. She's sitting at the table, and she's on her third can of beer. She tries to convince herself that everything is all right.)

KSH to self.....I did the right thing. Now I don't have any regrets. I did the right thing. I did.

(She sits at the table, nodding her head to herself, convincing herself, everything is fine. It's late at night, and she's walking through the middle of the streets alone. Her hand gently sways as she seems to be singing to herself. Her journey has taken her to the place where everything began....the roof of the hospital.

She takes deep breathes to try and clear her head while she walks towards the wall she had planned to end her life at. She looks over the edge of it and down towards the quiet street below. She opens her mouth and starts to slur her words as she wished she had spoken to her husband on the day she met him.)

KSH.....I, Yoon Soon-hee...Before I met you, I had an indecent past. I was pregnant with another man's child. But...he abandoned me and I lost my baby too. My life was over, so I even slit my wrist. Are you okay with that? Will you still love me?

(She slowly smiles and shakes her head a little. Soon-hee then raises her head to look at the night sky and the stars up in it. She leans against the wall, and slowly turns around to see.....THE KANGSTER!!....She's surprised and shocked to see him standing before her.)

KSH.....Honey.

KJY.....I couldn't leave. I kept thinking about our granddaughter. I want to stay and be a good grandfather. You should be a good grandmother too.

(Mrs. Kang stands there, nodding her head as her eyes fill up with tears.)

KSH.....Okay.

KJY.....I repeatedly asked myself if I could turn back time and meet you here again, would I do it all over again? Every single time, the answer was the same. No matter what kind of past you had, I would've stayed with you. I can't imagine my life without you. That's why I couldn't leave...and you said you wanted me to wear this vest...

(He opens his jacket up and looks down at it for her to see.)

KJY.....you knitted for me and go on a picnic. We haven't done that yet, so I came back. I can't guarantee anything. I might be furious with you tomorrow and tell you to get oiut of the house. I might be haunted by your past and take my anger out on you, and resent you for the rest of my life. But I want us to take the risky road together. Let's try it even if our marriage breaks up in the end. Soon-hee, let's start over again.

(Mrs. Kang throat chokes up as she is barely able to answer her husband. She's shaking as she fights back her tears. The Kangster slowly walks over to his wife, and gently puts his arms around her shoulders, and holds her. Mrs. Kang starts crying on her husbands shoulder, and while Mr. Kang holds onto his wife for dear life, his tears start to fall as well. He's finally found his way back to the woman who stole his heart over thirty years ago. We leave them on the roof top in each other's embrace, rocking from side to side.)

(FINAL SCENE.....The day has finally arrived and we are at a beautifully decorated wedding hall. The women all all dressed in their hanboks and Dan-bi is holding her daughter up on her toes in her lap. She has a huge bow on her head, but her hair still hasn't grown in. We start to go around the table. Mrs. Kang looks at her granddaughter and smiles as she adjusts the bow on her hanbok. She then looks over at her husband, and the Kangster is glowing as smiles broadly at his granddaughter. Soo-ah laughs at them as she looks over towards the entrance.)

LSA.....Oh, here she comes!

(Everyone at the table turns to look, and we see Ji-hwan slowly escorting his mother-in-law, without her crutch, towards the table. He holds onto her arm, guiding her, as she limps very slowly.)

SHS.....I thought you were just a quack, but you're a real doctor.

KJY.....Of course I am. I'll send you the bill later.

(They finally reach the table as Grandmother Seo pushes out the chair for Hee-sook to sit on. Once she's seated, she nervously looks at Mr. Kang and his wife. It's time for the ceremony to start.)

Host.....Here come the bride and groom.

(Everyone turns to look and they applaud the couple as they start their walk down the aisle. A jazz version of "Sunny", starts to play as Soon-pil gazes at his first love. Yoo-hee's head is held down, she's dressed in a white, off the shoulder gown and carrying of bouquet of white peonies? Her earrings are stunning.

Oh, I can't leave this out, the dress is done in an umpire fashion where the fabric flares out from under her breast-line. Her stomach has grown quite big. As Yoo-hee tries to glance at her family, Soon-pil reaches over with his white gloved hand and rubs her stomach and smiles. As they walk past the families table, Hee-sook has to make a comment, for everyone to hear...)

SHS.....She should be embarrassed. Look at her stomach.

(They all look at her, but the Kangster barely smiles at her comment. It's evident that her presence still affends him, but he's being civil as he turns his attention back to the bride and groom. Soon-pil leans over while they're still walking down the aisle and says...)

YSP.....I'll make you happy forever.

(They are finally standing before their host, they both bow before him, and Soon-pil can't stop smiling. We look back at the table to see Mr. Kang extremely happy as he claps his white gloved hands. Hee-sook, Grandmother Seo, Sat-byul sitting in Eun-hwan's lap as he points to her mother, Soo-ah, all smiling as they look at the happy couple. As the couple stand before all of their family and friends, the photographer comes out to take their picture. A matron comes over to adjust Yoo-hee's bridal train.

We see the bouquet of white peonies and pink roses in the background as Soon-pil places the ring on Yoo-hee's finger. Soon-pil laughs as they two of them nod their head in some kind of agreement and smile. Soon-pil looks over toward Ji-hwan, and motions his hand for Ji-hwan to come to them. Ji-hwan looks at Dan-bi, and as he stands up, he grabs a hold of his mother's arm taking her by surprise. While he's doing that, Eun-hwan has gotten up and walked over to his father, who's attention is still on the bride and groom.)

KJH.....Mom, come with me.

KEH.....Dad, come on.

KJY.....Why?

(Ji-hwan and his brother have devilish smiles on their faces as they try to coax their parents up off their seats. Soon-pil is excited and he's laughing as he watches them.)

KJH.....Come on.

KJY.....Why?

(Dan-bi and Soo-ah also get up from the table. After Ji-hwan and Eun-hwan have escorted their parents in front of the bride and groom, Dan-bi stands beside her mother-in-law, while Eun-hwan and Soo-ah stand on the other side by their father. Ji-hwan rushes over to the podium to make an announcement while Mr. and Mrs. Kang stand totally confused and unaware of what's going on.)

KJH.....My uncle and Dan-bi's aunt are getting married today. But it's also my parents' 31st wedding anniversary.

(The camera turns back to a shocked Mrs. Kang, a still clueless Mr. Kang, and an ecstatic Soon-pil.)

KJH.....So, we're going to have them renew their vows today.

(A shocked look finally comes across Mr. Kang's face as they all start to applaud.0

KJH.....Dad, Mom, you're getting married again today.

(Mr. Kang turns to look at his wife.)

KJH.....I wish you happiness and love.

(As they both turn and smile at their guests, Dan-bi steps up on aisle, and opens the box carrying the ring. Mr. Kang bows to her, removes the ring from the box, reaches for his wife's hand....here she goes being shy again....he then removes the glove from her left hand, and places the white gold?/platinum? band with diamonds upon her finger.

He smiles at his wife, and Soon-pil looks over at his first love, who's now his wife, and they smile at one another. Eun-hwan finally has his parents back, he looks at his wife as she stares at her in-laws. Dan-bi looks over to the podium, smiling at her husband, and Ji-hwan has nothing but love in his eyes the his wife, the mother of his child.

Eun-hwan pops a streamer, Ji-hwan runs over to help Soo-ah throw petals, as the Mr. and Mrs. laugh at one another. The audience applauds as Grandmother Seo gently puts her hand on Hee-sook's shoulder. Hee-sook puts a small smile on her face as she holds her granddaughter in her lap. Another announcement is being made.)

Host....Everyone, gather around for a picture.

(Okay, here goes....the photographer has his camera set up in the center of the aisle as he tries to set up the shot. In the center, we have Soon-pil and Yoo-hee with Sat-byul standing in front of them. Next to Soon-pil, is his sister and the Kangster.

Behind them on the next level is Ji-hwan behind his father, and Dan-bi holding her daughter while standing behind her mother-in-law. Next to Yoo-hee are Grandmother Seo, and Hee-sook. On the next level behind Grandmother Seo is Soo-ah, and Eun-hwan behind Hee-sook. Everyone's ready and the photographer does the count down as we see the image upside down in the camera.)

PHT.....One, two, three.

(The camera flashes and everyone turns as Soo-ah opens her mouth.)

LSA.....Ohmo....I had my eyes closed. Take another one please.

(Eun-hwan looks at his wife while Mrs. Kang laughs at her still immature daughter-in-law. Everyone burst out laughing now, including the audience.)

YSP.....Let's take another one.

LSA.....Thank you.

PHT.....One, two, three....

(The final performance of our clowns begins......Right on the count of three Yoo-hee grabs her stomach and yells causing Sat-byul and Soon-pil to look at her. Ji-hwan quickly looks at his aunt, and Grandmother Seo's mouth drops open. Yoo-hee falls to the floor while Soon-pil tries to grab her.)

YSP.....What's wrong?

YSH.....I think I'm going into labor!

(As Yoo-hee is about to fall further back onto the floor, she reaches up and grabs Soon-pil hair at the back of his head causing him to scream.

Click....Bride and Groom rolling around on the floor with their mouths wide open.

Click....the Kangster finally realizing what he just heard as his head snaps to look at them.....

Click....Mrs. Kang's face, she almost looks like she wants to hit them, or maybe it's just me.......

Click....Ji-hwan's mouth dropping open.....

Click....Dan-bi's mouth dropping open and her eyes becoming wide as she holds her daughter.....

Click....Eun-hwan turns his head and his mouth drops open as he looks at his wife.....

Click....Soo-ah's mouth in the form of an "O" with her eyes stretching open.....

Click....Grandmother Seo looking worried and confused as she stares at her daughter on the floor in her wedding gown......

Click.....Hee-sook staring at Yoo-hee and I know she wants to tell Yoo-hee she has no manners.....

Click...Sat-byul yelling for her mother as she tries to reach over and help her......

Click.....final shot with the entire family in total chaos.

Soon-pil and Yoo-hee on the floor with their mouths open and screaming. Sat-byul squatting down by her mother's legs reaching for her, Mrs. Kang trying to grab Soon-pil up by his arm. Mr. Kang trying to reach past his wife, Hee-sook with her hand covering her mouth probably saying, "Oh My God!", Grandmother Seo leaning over behind Soon-pil, Ji-hwan getting ready to step down to get closer behind his father, Dan-bi holding her daughter, Soo-ah holding her stomach as she listens to Yoo-hee scream, and Eun-hwan with both of his hands up in the air staring down at the couple on the floor.

Click.....Color photo

Click.....Black and white photo.

Click.....A photo with shades of grey and color.

Final message......Thank you for watching, "Purity".)

Thank you Bijan630 for your tireless work in the daily accounting of this drama, much, much appreciation. I thought there was 129 episode, what happen why ended so suddenly. What next is coming down the pike?

Guest Bijan630

You're all quite welcome. I have no idea what's coming on next in that time slot, but I'm going to enjoy catching up on a lot of other drama's I've been missing.

Guest essl86

THANK YOU SO MUCH BIJAN!!!

thank you for posting the episodes i really appreciate the effort. :)

i also felt pity for mijin. happy she was repentent and realized her wrong.

i wish heesok couldved suffered more tho. but im happy with her punishment its better then none.

but i was happy with how the kang family turned out =)

very happy mr and mrs kang reunited.

it was a sweet ending.

loved it!

Bijan630...THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! I actually enjoyed reading your summaries more then watching the drama (when I was able to watch it). Hope to read your summaries for the next drama.

Again...THANK YOU!!!

• 2 years later...
Guest xopo17

i realized recently that GH's daughter named as Dan Bi (on Miss Ajumma Kdrama) same as  lead actress's charater on Innocent You K-drama (Dan Bi too)

maybe same scripwriter

Archived