• 2 weeks later...

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Yoo Ah In Will Shoot a Commercial With the Next Mission Winner of Korea’s Next Top Modeljun2yng October 17, 2013
Screen-Shot-2013-10-17-at-2.30.50-AM.png

On the October 17 episode of “Korea’s Next Top Model,” the winner of the mission will advance to the top five as well as get a chance to shoot a hair brandcommercial with actor Yoo Ah In.

Yoo Ah In related the news to the contestants, “I don’t know if the winner of this mission will want to, but you will get the chance to shoot a commercial with me.” 

At this, the contestants couldn’t hide their excitement. “Now that it’s later on in the show, the scale is just on a whole new level,” and “I want to win this mission more than any other.”

For this episode, the topic of the mission is “Change your hair, change your image,” and the contestants will have to break away from their usual image, and execute a photo shoot with a completely fresh concept. 

With this mission, the remaining six models after eight weeks of competition, Jung Ha EunShin Hyun JiPark Shin AeJung Ho Yeon, and Kim Hae Ya, will be cut down to five.

http://www.soompi.com/2013/10/17/yoo-ah-in-will-shoot-a-commercial-with-the-next-mission-winner-of-koreas-next-top-model/

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

class="at_ttl"Yoo Ah In To Star In Upcoming Movie “Hundred Years War”

BY Chin D | Jan 31, 2014 10:53 AM EST

Actor Yoo Ah In received a casting offer for upcoming movie "Hundred Years War".

Following the confirmation of his role in the film "Veteran", it seems that Yoo Ah will be taking on another movie. According to film industry insiders, he is reviewing the terms of contract positively, and that it is only a matter of time before the actor confirms his role.

"Hundred Years War" is a political film about liberation and anti-privatization, and it will be directed by PD Min Kyu Dong and produced by Lotte Entertainment. PD Min and the actor have previously worked together during the 2008 drama "Antique Bakery".

If he decides to take the offer, Yoo Ah In will have a full schedule on his plate. In addition to the two films, he is currently promoting the animated movie "The Satellite Girl and Milk Cow" which will premiere on February 20, his new JBTC drama "Love Affair" which will premiere on March, and he also made a special appearance in the film "Elegant Lies" which will premiere by the mid-2014.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/15074/20140131/yoo-ah-star-upcoming-movie-hundred-years-war.htm

Yoo Ah-in up for action-noir Hundred Years’ War

by javabeans | February 2, 2014 | 

yooahin_123.jpgyooahin_123a.jpg

Add one more project to Yoo Ah-in’s ever-growing to-do list; he’s got one movie and one drama already in the works, and now he’s in negotiations to appear in another movie, an action-noir period film titled Hundred Years’ War. (The other confirmed projects are the movie Veteran with Hwang Jung-min, in which he plays a lawbreaking chaebol, and the drama Secret Love Affair where he’ll romance Kim Hee-ae.)

Hundred Years’ War is about a slice of history that sounds quite intriguing, and also heartbreaking. It’s set in the direct aftermath of Korea’s liberation from Japan in 1945, and depicts the turbulent political strife of the era as the fledgling nation struggled to establish its own government. Citizens struggled to figure out how to deal with Koreans who had, during the years of colonial occupation, sided with Japanese authorities and benefited richly from it. Once Korea gained its independence, there was an outcry to punish those people for betraying their own, and a special committee was established to mete out those punishments.

more at

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/02/yoo-ah-in-up-for-action-noir-hundred-years-war/

Yoo Ah-in to romance Kim Hee-ae in Secret Love Affairby girlfriday | January 8, 2014 | 73 Comments

YooAhIn_KimHeeAe1.jpg

Humona. YES PLEASE. I wasn’t really expecting a big name for her co-star when Kim Hee-ae’s new drama Secret Love Affair was first announced, but the production has just confirmed that Yoo Ah-in (Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love) will be playing her noona-killer boyfriend. It’s been a while since I’ve been happy with Yoo Ah-in’s dramas, but I think this ought to make up for past crimes against dramaland and then some.

The new melodrama for cable network JTBC comes from the crew behind Kim Hee-ae’s last drama A Wife’s Credentials, and features a boundary-pushing love affair between a fortysomething woman and a twentysomething man. Kim Hee-ae plays the sophisticated director of an arts foundation, while Yoo Ah-in’s character is a geeenius pianist from a poor background. Ha, he’s literally a poor starving artist. They’ll begin a steamy relationship that they have to keep under wraps because it threatens to unravel both their lives.

Between airing on cable and the fact that every description of the show includes the words “passionate” and “hot,” I think it’s safe to say this won’t be your average chaste noona romance. Yoo Ah-in is a great choice for the early twenties hero who can look like a boy but act like a man, and I don’t think I’ll have any trouble buying the pairing as long as they have some onscreen chemistry. From Seung-gi’s noona love to Yoo Ah-in’s, I’d say Kim Hee-ae is off to a happy start for the new year.

Secret Love Affair follows current Monday-Tuesday drama Can We Love and premieres in March.

Via Star News

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/yoo-ah-in-to-romance-kim-hee-ae-in-secret-love-affair/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 44px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 54px; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; clear: both;"secret love affair holds script readingbreathlesssurvival 

sla_sr

The sight of Yoo Ah In’s smile puts a smile on my face. The cast of Secret Love Affair gathered for the drama’s first script reading and I’m strangely confident the leads will do a great job. And look great together while at it. Kim Hee Ae is all understated elegance while Yoo Ah In has that offbeat devil-may-care charm about him. The two are 19 years apart in real life.

YAI plays a genius pianist who falls in love with a (married) high-ranking member of an arts foundation by the way of KHA. I can just imagine the societal and professional uproar and backlash when their affair is exposed. It pretty much got the words ‘taboo’ and ‘epic disaster’ written all over it but knowing both actors, we can expect some stellar emotive portrayals to sway audience to not root, but to be moved, by their love.

Can’t wait to check this out.

photo credit: hancinema.net

credit:http://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/secret-love-affair-holds-script-reading/

FINALLY, YOO AH IN CONFIRMS FOR MOVIE “VETERAN”

Posted by Furbabe on January 12, 2014 · 4 Comments 

donga_zpseebc2cad.jpg

Good news! After two months waiting for the confirmation, news broke that Yoo Ah In has confirmed to play in Ryu Seung Wan‘s upcoming movie ‘Veteran’.

As we’ve posted before in our website, director Ryu Seung Wan’s offered Yoo Ah In the proposal when he met with Yoo Ah In at Busan International Film Festival in October 2013. It took a while for Yoo Ah In before he gave a nod to the script, due to his hectic schedule in promoting ‘Tough As Iron’.

Yoo Ah In will take on the role of a wicked third generation chaebol (tychoon) committing many criminal offense and trying to escape by hiding behind his wealth. Senior actorHwang Jung Min will play as the former detective struggling to chase him.

‘Veteran’ will complete the whole castings next week and is expected to crank in next month in Mokpo (southwestern tip of the Korean peninsula). ‘Veteran’ plans to release by the end of 2014.

This will be Yoo Ah In’s first villain role since his debut, and we just can’t wait to see how he will interpret the wicked soul of a young baron. I’m sure he can pull it off wonderfully!

In addition to that, with the confirmation of casting in ‘Veteran’, this will be yet another busiest year for Yoo Ah In. His first animation movie ‘The Satellite Girl and Milk Cow’will be down in cinemas in February, his special appearance in the movie ‘Elegant Lies’to premiere by the second half of 2014, and new TV drama ‘Secret Love Affair’broadcast in March.

Let’s say fighting to Master Sik and wishing YOO a whole lot of good luck! :D

© Yoo Ah In Sikseekland International Fans Community

Sources: DispatchJoynews

Photo: Sports Donga

cr: http://yooahinsikseekland.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/finally-yoo-ah-in-confirms-for-movie-veteran/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lawbreaking bad guy role for Yoo Ah-in?

by javabeans | November 14, 2013 | 31 Comments

yooahin_121.jpg

Yoo Ah-in (Jang Ok-jung, Live By Love) has a potential new movie in the works, and is in the “considering favorably” stage of the casting stage. The movie is titled Veteran and unfolds as an ex-detective pursues a lawbreaking young chaebol, which means Yoo Ah-in would be wading into bad-guy waters. As far as I’m concerned, that’s a great thing.

I expect Veteran to become quite the buzz project, coming from director Ryu Seung-wan of blockbuster thriller The Berlin File and also starring Hwang Jung-min, who joined this project early on. The role Yoo Ah-in is up for is a third-generation chaebol who commits all sorts of evil deeds and hides behind his shield of money. The description is vague enough to leave the door open for his character being redeemable, since he’s said to be heading toward the wrong side of the law (and therefore not there yet). But the whole part where you use wealth as excuse to be an richard simmons? (Or worse, a criminal.) That puts him pretty far on the path toward that dark side.

This could be a well-timed turn for Yoo Ah-in, who has built up a solid reputation after playing mostly good guys. But I’ve seen enough flashes of darker moments in his characters to feel he’s got a lot of untapped range in him, just waiting for the right role. In fact, I think he may be better in darker, more conflicted roles entirely, so hopefully he takes on the challenge. As for Hwang Jung-min, well, he’s so reliably good that I hardly feel the need to speculate — he’ll be wonderful, as always.

Veteran will wrap up its casting shortly and plans to begin filming in February or March, to release later next year.

hwangjungmin_24.jpg

Via MBN

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/11/a-lawbreaking-bad-guy-role-for-yoo-ah-in/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest uburoi

Yoo Ah In is offered the role of Crown Prince Sado in Sado, Lee Joon-Ik new movie starring Song Kang-Ho
cr. naver

http://asianwiki.com/Sado_%28Korean_Movie%29