[movie 2009] Closer To Heaven 내사랑 내곁에

Guest kdramafanusa

I had first noticed Ha Ji Won in a drama debut, Secret, a long time ago.

How she excelled in her acting skill thereafter marvelled me as I watched each of her movies and dramas.

She is indeed one of the most talented k/actress that I had seen.

I can understand why the critics and fans were so disappointed that such a gifted actress was not nominated nor recognised at all.

Hope the other upcoming movie award will do more justice.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest piano_lady

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha Ji-won says she respects Daejong's decision

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok | kave@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2009.10.22 18:09 최종수정 2009.10.22 18:09

2009102217235940202_1.jpg

South Korean actress Ha Ji-won attends a Guest Visit session of her summer hit film "Haeundae" at the 14th Pusan International Film Festival on October 10, 2009. [Lee Jin-hyuk/10Asia]

Actress Ha Ji-won said she has no doubts nor suspicions about the Daejong Film Awards organizing committee's decisions for this year's nominations.

Ha made the remark Thursday afternoon following a statement issued by the committee to play down controversy which arose the previous day, particularly over its selection for Best Actress. The committee dropped Ha who starred in two hit films this year but picked Jang Nara whose film has yet to be released.

"I 100 percent respect the authority and fairness of the Daejong Film Awards," the actress was quoted as saying by her agency Wellmade STARM. "I trust that their decision was made through a rigorous selection process under high standards which I fully respect."

Ha added, "I think it is my greatest joy and pride to have received so much love as an actress -- I do not act or work on a film while my goal set as winning a certain award."

She also expressed her thoughts of Jang. "As an actress, I am extremely distressed to see another actress suffer and be hurt due to the controversy surrounding me. I hope this issue settles down soon so that it does not cause other actors to suffer or be hurt any further."

The 31-year-old actress also thanked her fans for the love and support, adding her hopes that this year's awards becomes a great festival for Korean films and her fellow actors.

Ha starred in two hit films this year -- summer blockbuster "Haeundae" which attracted nearly 11.4 million viewers to become the fourth most-watched film of all time and "Closer to Heaven" which topped the box office for three weeks and has grossed over 2 million viewers since opening in late September.

The awards, now into its 46th year, will take place November 6 at the Olympic Park.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest kdramafanusa

(Preliminary Figures only)

Weekend Box Office [Friday 2009/12/23 ~ Sunday 2009/10/25]

1. Good Morning President (South Korea)

Release Date : 2009/10/22

3-Day Admission / Total Admission : 706,409 / 816,565

Screen : 671

Share : 57.9%

Director : Jang Jin

Main Cast : Lee Soon-Jae, Jang Dong-Gun, Go Doo-Shim

2. District 9 (US)

Release Date : 2009/10/15

3-Day Admission / Total Admission : 158,364 / 618,968

Screen : 308

Share : 13%

3 팬도럼 미국,독일 2009/10/22 70,150 81,982 543,106,000 628,009,500 215 5.7

4 뉴욕 아이 러브 유 미국 2009/10/22 38,057 46,092 302,648,500 358,005,500 105 30 3.1

5. CLoser To Heaven (South Korea)

Release Date : 2009/09/24

3-Day Admission / Total Admission : 34,007 / 2,117,029

Screen : 269

Share : 2.8%

Director : Park Jin-Pyo

Main Cast : Kim Myung-Min, Ha Ji-Won

6. The Sword With No Name (South Korea)

Release Date : 2009/09/24

3-Day Admission / Total Admission : 32,923 / 1,656,790

Screen : 264

Share : 2.7%

Director : Kim Yong-Gyun

Main Cast : Jo Seung-Woo, Soo Ae

Source: Kobis

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Korean box office hails "President"

Reporter : Lynn Kim | lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2009.10.26 15:38 최종수정 2009.10.26 15:38

2009102609470993744_1.jpg

Movie poster for "Good Morning President" [CJ Entertainment]

South Korean moviegoers welcomed the arrival of Hallyu star Jang Dong-gun's new film "Good Morning President", which topped the domestic box office in the first week of its release.

"President" became the most-watched film over the weekend of October 23-25 with 706,409 viewers and a total 816,565 viewers since its opening on October 22, according to estimates released by Korea Box Office Information System (KOBIS) on Monday.

The film, about the life of three different presidents, is Jang's first box office hit in nearly four years, after starring in "Typhoon" in December 2005.

Hollywood science fiction movie "District 9" stepped down to second place from last week's No. 1 with 158,362 viewers for the weekend and grossing 618,968 viewers in total.

Sci-fi horror film "Pandorum" came in third with 70,150 viewers and "New York I Love You" followed with 45,057 viewers for the weekend. "Closer to Heaven", starring Kim Myung-min and Ha Ji-won, trailed at No. 5 by drawing 34,007 viewers for the same period.

"The Sword with No Name", "I Come With the Rain", "City of Fathers" and "Goodbye Mom" and "Naruto" rounded out the top ten.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest lily_lee

Finally, the English pamphlet is out! They're finally going international!

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/M...ven/closer1.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv340/M...ven/Closer2.jpg

Credits to DCinside Ha Ji Won!

Thanks for the English translation. I understand the movie better now that i read about it.

That first photo is absolutely gorgeous.

Guest piano_lady

091106 - Kim Myung Min Bags the Daejong's Lead Actor Award

http://mmi.myungmininternational.com/node/498

recent47.jpg

photo credit as indicated

Kim Myung Min won the coveted Best Lead Actor Award at the 46th Daejong Film Awards for his movie, Closer to Heaven. Kim beat follow nominees Ha Jung-Woo (Take Off), Jung Jae-Young (The Divine Weapon), Seol Kyung-Gu (Haeundae) and Kim Yoon-Seok (Running Turtle).

Kim earned the award for his realistic portrayal of Jong-woo, a 32-year-old law student stricken with Lou Gherig's disease. For the movie, Kim lost an astounding 20 kilos during the course of the filming from February to May. The movie was released last September 24 and it remained at the number 1 spot for 3 consecutive weeks.

This award is also very significant since it is Kim's first triumph for Closer to Heaven, and his first win at the Daejong Film Awards, which is known to be the longest running and most prestigious in Korea.

However, Kim was not able to personally receive the award as he is currently overseas with his family. Closer to Heaven co-star, Nam Neung-Mi received the award on his behalf.

In addition, Kim was also awarded the Netizen's Choice Award with Speed Scandal's Park Bo-young.

The 46th Daejong Film Awards ceremony was held on Nov. 6 at the Olympic Hall, Seoul Olympic Park. The full list of winners and more information about the Daejong Film Festival Awards are available at the official website at www.daejongsang.com.

6 November 2009, MyungMin International

Guest piano_lady

091106* - Kim Myung Min's First Major Film Award

recent27.jpg

"Nation" actor Kim Myung Min was honored as the Best Lead Actor at the 46th Daejong Film Awards held on November 6 in Seoul. This is his first major award in the film industry, as well as his first award for his realistic portrayal of Lou Gehrig's disease sufferer, Baek Jong-woo in hit melodrama, Closer to Heaven.

Kim Myung Min was recognized twice as Best New Actor in his debut movie Sorum (2001) where he co-starred with the late multi-awarded actress Jang Jin-young. This was followed by three other movies: Into The Mirror (2003), Return/Wide Awake (2007) and Open City (2008). Unfortunately, he did not gain much distinction in the mentioned movies.

On the contrary, Kim is widely known for his award-winning roles in the small screen. He bagged 6 awards as Maestro Kang Gun Woo in Beethoven Virus (MBC, 2008); 4 awards as Dr. Jang Joon Hyuk in The White Tower (MBC, 2007); 2 awards as gangster Oh Dal Gun in Bad Family (SBS, 2006); and 5 awards when her played the title role in The Immortal Admiral Yi Soon-shin (KBS1, 2004-2005).

Kim was also dubbed as Korea's Christian Bale when he lost a whopping 20 kilo in the course of the three-month filming of Closer to Heaven. Film director Park Jin-pyo praised Kim's performance saying that "by offering the best performance in the movie, Kim Myung Min almost lost his life." Kim is renowned for his dedication to immerse himself into every role he takes.

6 November 2009, MyungMin International

Guest puppyiz

Thank you to piano_lady for the tonnes of updates.

My Congrats to KIM MYUNG MIN !!

KMM deserves it so ~ & making his production company truly proud ^^

Guest piano_lady

The Korea Times 11-08-2009 16:47

Grand Bell Film Fest Puzzles Movie Fans

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

091108_p14_grand.jpg

Movie fans may have highly anticipated the 46th Grand Bell (Daejong) Film Festival, which took place Friday in southern Seoul, but the outcome of the event was unexpected.

The festival's award ceremony had many shaking their heads, as some of the most successful films took home fewer trophies than expected, while the lack of participating stars left the event feel a bit empty.

This year's Best Picture award went to "The Divine Weapon,'' pushing aside hit blockbusters "Haeundae'' and "Mother.''

"Mother,'' which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival, managed only to win the Best Supporting Actor award, while "Haeundae,'' which was nominated in nine categories and was one of the biggest films of the year, won only Best Producer.

"Take-Off'' was nominated in seven categories but only won Best Director, while "Closer to Heaven'' took home Best Actor. "Haeundae'' and "Take-Off'' attracted a total of 12.93 million movies goers, alternating in first and second place in the box office for six consecutive weeks last August.

Another flaw in this year's event was the absence of top stars. Three out of the five nominees for the Best Actor award failed to appear for health or personal issues. Kim Myung-min, who eventually was named Best Actor for his role as a terminally ill man in "Closer to Heaven'' was not able to receive the award as he was hospitalized, according to his agency.

Other stars, including Cheong Kyung-ho, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actor, and Kim Hae-suk and Uhm Jung-hwa who were nominated for Best Supporting Actress, also missed the event. Those awards were given to Jin Goo for his role in "Mother'' and Kim Young-ae in "Aeja.''

Meanwhile, the Best Actress award was given to Su Ae for her appearance in the film "Sunny,'' leaving Jang Na-ra, who had been in the middle of a debate regarding the festival's nomination process, trophy-less.

The festival committee had to explain its decision to nominate Jang for a film that had not even been in theaters at the time, and also for excluding Ha Ji-won, who starred in two of the biggest films of the year, "Haeundae'' and "Closer to Heaven."

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest kdramafanusa

The Hollywood Reporter

'Weapon' rings Grand Bell prize

Film won two other awards at 46th annual event

November 09, 2009

By Park Soo-mee

SEOUL – “The Divine Weapon,” a martial arts action by Kim Yu-jin, won the Best Picture at Korea’s 46th Grand Bell Prize Film Award, an annual film prize handed out Friday.

The film, despite its only moderate local boxoffice success, won two other awards – Best Editing and Best Sound Technique. Kim Myung-min won Best Actor for his performance as a Lou Gehrig's Disease patient in Park Jin-pyo’s “Closer to Heaven”; Su Ae, the heroine from “Sunny” set in the Vietnam War, won the Best Actress Award. Best Director went to Kim Yong-hwa of “Take Off,” which also won the Best Cinematography Award.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hollywood Reporter

October boxoffice up 22.2% year on year

Rise in ticket prices, local product still producing strong sales

November 09, 2009

By Park Soo-mee

SEOUL – October ticket sales jumped by 22.2% compared to the same period last year, despite a shorter Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day) weekend, according to the Korean Film Council Monday.

The report also said that admissions rose by 7.6%, to 9.29 million, from 8.63 million last year, while sales jumped from 56 billion ($48.5 million) to 68.4 billion won this year.

Monthly ticket sales also rose by 13.6% between September and October. Market share of Korean films was 60% or more since August.

Owing to two summer blockbusters hits – “Haeundae” and “Take Off” -- a string of mid-budget Korean films including “Closer to Heaven,” “The Sword with No Name” and “Good Morning President” have steadily attracted local ticket buyers.

The council cited the rise in ticket prices at major multiplex theaters in June as a major element in the overall rise in sales.

Results from the CGV were similar. About 9.41 million admissions were recorded last month, according to the nation's largest multiplex chain. Korean films 62.8% market share, a jump of about 18.7% from the same period a year earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Divine Weapon: production cost (around 10 billion Won), tickets sold (almost 4 million)

Sunny: production cost (around 10 billion Won), tickets sold (less than 2 million)

Closer To Heaven (3.3 million USD)

The Sword With No Name: production cost (9-10 billion Won), tickets sold (less than 2 million)

Good Morning President: production cost (3.5 billion Won or $USD2.85 mllion), tickets sold (2.2+ million thusfar)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest piano_lady

wow...when is the Blue Dragon award?

what's the difference between the two awards? like the Academy and the Oscars?

The Blue Dragon Awards will take place on 2 December.

As far as I know, the Daejong, not the Blue Dragon is considered as Korea's version of the Academy/Oscars.

Archived